Australian Roswellians #4 - Home of the Drop Bear

The place for non-Americans to talk about the show and everything else.

Moderators: Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

lazza
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: In the special place where all is right in the world of Roswell...aka Australia

Post by lazza »

Destination is still undecided....either the US or China (my sister lives there)...it all depends on the budget!!!

This is me...a crappy photo but it's all I have on my computer at the moment...

Oh I'm the one at the front :wink:
kerri240879
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kerri240879 »

How cute are you Laura!
lazza
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: In the special place where all is right in the world of Roswell...aka Australia

Post by lazza »

Oh yeah real cute!!!
kerri240879
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kerri240879 »

Is that a sarcastic note I hear in your voice? :shock:
lazza
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by lazza »

Just a wee bit!!
Lessie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Lessie »

Hey Aussies.

Got to go. Just stopped in to say hello.

Lessie
People accuse me of being arrogant all the time. I'm not arrogant, I'm focused. I don't make demands. I don't tell you how it should be. I'll give you f***ing options, and it's up to you to select or throw 'em away. That should be the headline: If you're insecure, don't f***ing call.
-Russell Crowe
kerri240879
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kerri240879 »

Hey Lessie, and there shouldn't be Laura. I don't say what I don't mean babe.
Craig Beatty
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Craig Beatty »

Dear All

Hey! I thought I'd pop in and say hi, esp since Nikki emailed me and pointed out I'd been quiet for a while!!

Well, I've been through another year end still to finish but the best news was being down in Melb last weekend for the Grand Final. Living in Sydney means my secondteam must be Sydney and boy wasn't their second half very good! Pity about the result, :( but I don't think they disgraced themselves. The interesting thing was I thought pregame that the first 10 to 15mins was going to be crucial and so it turned out to be. Being part of a crowd of 97,000 was great too! 8)

I got there Thurs night, visited Daylesford on Fri, had drinks Fri night at CRown Sports Bar and then diner Sat night at The Sofitel. Sunday was nice having lunch with friends from Adelaide, the best place in Aussie (!! :idea: ), at The Stokehouse before we all headed off to the Airport for our separate flights home.

I'm glad today was a public holiday!

Anyone been watching the new series Jerricho? I've been doing so and it hasbeen exciting so far although I'm still wanting to know who attacked?

Take care.
“But she’s only 17.”
“I was 16.”
“He’s 21 and out of college.”
“And has loved her all his life. Sound familiar?” (Max and Liz in Carol's Chameleon)

The original number 1 fan of Carol's fic! LOL
Craig Beatty
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Craig Beatty »

Dear All

Hey! I thought I'd pop in and say hi, esp since Nikki emailed me and pointed out I'd been quiet for a while!!

Well, I've been through another year end still to finish but the best news was being down in Melb last weekend for the Grand Final. Living in Sydney means my second team must be Sydney and boy wasn't their second half very good! Pity about the result, :( but I don't think they disgraced themselves. The interesting thing was I thought pregame that the first 10 to 15mins was going to be crucial and so it turned out to be. Being part of a crowd of 97,000 was great too! 8)

I got there Thurs night, visited Daylesford on Fri, had drinks Fri night at Crown Sports Bar and then dinner Sat night at The Sofitel. Sunday was nice having lunch with friends from Adelaide, the best place in Aussie (!! :idea: ), at The Stokehouse before we all headed off to the Airport for our separate flights home.

I'm glad today was a public holiday!

Anyone been watching the new series Jerricho? I've been doing so and it has been exciting so far although I'm still wanting to know who attacked?

Take care.
“But she’s only 17.”
“I was 16.”
“He’s 21 and out of college.”
“And has loved her all his life. Sound familiar?” (Max and Liz in Carol's Chameleon)

The original number 1 fan of Carol's fic! LOL
Aussie_Dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aussie_Dreamer »

Hey all!

Heh. Even Craig came in before I did!

By the way, have I mentioned how much *quieter* Adelaide is than us? It was practically dead. On the other hand, it was still school holidays for them, so I didn't have too many kids running about.

Recommendation: When travelling long distance by train, get a cabin. With a bed. Hang the cost, it's the only way you'll get any sleep.
My train home was a special overnight service for the Grand Final (Dad's much disappointed by the result, I expect. Haven't spoken to him, but he's a longterm Swans fan)
Left Adelaide 7:50pm and didn't get in til 10:30am. Yeah. And probably got about 2 1/2 hours sleep. Considering I spent most of the previous week's nights having Doctor Who marathons...I was buggered.

Oh yeah, bought season one of the new Doctor Who. Is it possible to overplay it? Because already it's stuffing up bits. Going to give the player and the disc a complete clean, but it's not fair. It's only a week old. If the DVD is stuffed permanently, I don't know what to do. I think I accidentally turfed the receipt- and in any case, I bought it in Adelaide. Now that I think about it, that was a colossally stupid mistake. Should've waited to get back here so it'd be easier to return just in case.
Oh well. Worth the price...came in a cool unfolding Tardis box. And it essentially works. Could find someone to fix it, I suppose. Maybe.
Now I have to wait a month til I can get S2.

Anyway, back on track now.
Don't have any current photos of me- will get them this weekend. Got some from Easter, but I've cut a good deal off my hair since then. Unrecognisable. Oh, what the hey. Once I figure out how to do it...

Question, Vee. The one with you and your friends...you guys look familiar...but effed if I know where from. Can you tell me their names? First only will do. Maybe that'll ring a bell.

Oops. Gotta go. Will chat soon.

Nicki

PS, Haven't been watching Jericho...my Adelaide friend I was staying with doesn't watch TV. At all. And it would've been rude to watch things without her. Might try to catch up on it, though I've heard it's overrated....
I have ADOS. Attention Defici...Ooh, Shiny!

"I always thought Australia was just like England, only with Vegemite instead of Marmite."
"Don't let any of the natives hear you say that. You'll have a riot on your hands."
~ Rose and the Doctor in LJC's fic 'Not a Busman's Holiday'