Liz's Healing Vs. Kyle's - Season 1

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

ultimatepickupline
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ultimatepickupline »

I think you also have to consider that the first half of the pilot episode very closely models the first half of Melinda Metz's book and in it Max ripped open her uniform. Of course there was also this really touching scene where Liz went to Max to find out what happened and she lifted up her shirt and took one of his hands and positioned it perfectly on the handprint that was left. Then Liz was all scientific about it trying to prove to herself that it was actually Max's handprints on her stomach (in the book, Max used both hands), and Max as all self conscience about the fact that he was touching Liz's stomach, and it was a life or death situation, and he could feel how soft her skin was. It was a really cute scene that wouldn't have been as effective if Max hadn't opened Liz's uniform in the first place to heal her.

Of course, there's also the theory that Max was so panicked with Liz because it was the girl he loved, that he ripped open her uniform in haste to see what exactly the damage was. Whereas with Kyle, Max was more self conscious bout the fact that he would definitely be revealing himself to the sheriff, so he tried to be more discreet, and since it wasn't the love of his life lying on the floor bleeding to death, he had the presense of mind to do so.

So there are my couple of theories.
The Ultimate Pick-up Line: Come on baby. Help me find my home planet.

My Author's Page