The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Buffsteraddict
Obsessed Roswellian

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

Post by Buffsteraddict »

Okkkay so I checked and double-checked again to make sure and I can't beleive that there's not thread for this!

I just started reading the Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown and I'm absolutely loving it up to now. Apparently the ending of the book is a pretty shocking one, I'm hoping to find out soon enough, lol I practically haven't put the book down since I started this morning! I can't wait for it to come out in theaters only I desperetly hope that the movie is as good as the book, which for some reason I highly doubt. I usually like reading the books better than seeing the movie.

Another book that I'm eager to read by Dan Brown would be Deception Point that I beelive just recently came out. I'll definitly be reading that one once I'm done the Da Vinci Code.

Anybody ready the Da Davinci Code yet?

Steph :) :D
Lolita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lolita »

I remember reading the Da Vinci code on my birthday in 2004. I remember because I spent the whole day cooped up in my house reading from the time I woke up to the time I went to sleep (2 am). I couldn't put the book down.

As for Dan Brown's other books, they were all written prior to the Da Vinci Code. The other books are:

Deception Point
Digital Fortress
Angels & Demons

All are excellent but Angels & Demons is particularly gory. Don't read it if you have a weak stomach. :?

If you're interested in reviews of this book, check out the book thread over in LOD.

If you want to see pictures of the places that Langdon and Sophie go to, visit Dan Brown's site. I found the pictures really helpful.
<center>Image</center>
Buffsteraddict
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Buffsteraddict »

Lol, I was so sure that Deception Point was a new book that he had just released recently. Guess I was wrong :)

Amber Eyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Amber Eyes »

I have like 3 Dan Brown books sitting on my shelf needing to be read.

For some reason, for the past year, I've been trying to get my hand on the book but never seemed to get it then when I do, I only get up to chapter 2 reading it on and off. :?

Must sit down and have a Dan Brown marathon day. Only way I'll get through the books.

The first one I read and got totally addicted to was Digital Fortress.

I heard there was going to be a sequal to the Da Vinci Code. Is this true? Also, anyone going to see the movie?
My AU dreamer fics:
The Auction Teen/Adult)
Angelic Fire (Mature/Adult)
Watching Clouds

Lolita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lolita »

Well, first off, the girl that plays Sophie in the movie version has brown hair and in the novel, Sophie has red hair, which I think is a pertinent detail to the novel.
<center>Image</center>
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

I actually just finished Da Vinci Code about 10 minutes ago. Finally got around to reading it, lol. It was.... amazing. And not because of the controversy it presents, but just all of the information and the superb writing. I love stories that give you one piece at a time, and then eventually have it so that all the pieces fit together exactly. It's so much fun.

The ending was definitely a shocker! Actually, a lot of things in the book shocked me. Especially the factual information. Did anyone else actually look up the paintings online after they were described in the book (like when it describes the sinister values of Modonna of the Rocks), or am I the only one geeky enough to do that? :lol:
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
Buffsteraddict
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Buffsteraddict »

maxandliz4ever1357 wrote:Did anyone else actually look up the paintings online after they were described in the book (like when it describes the sinister values of Modonna of the Rocks), or am I the only one geeky enough to do that? :lol:
Lol, you're not the only geeky one who did that. I totally went online once I was done the book to look up Leonardo Davinci's painting's, The Mona Lisa and The Last Supper.

LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

I read it a couple of months ago, and am totally going to see it when the movie comes out. It was really interesting and they way that the "story" is explained is really easy to understand.

The ending was totally a shocker for me, wasnt expecting that... On and to answer Amber Eyes is there going to be a second part....

I was watching the Today show last week and they were talking about how Dan Brown had to go to court because he was accused of plagerizing some other peoples books to write "The Davinci Code" and he stated that now that the court thing was over he was going to concentrate on writing the second part.
sprayadhesive
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sprayadhesive »

I saw the movie tonight.

Just wanted to pop by and said that it was pretty good. Followed the plot line of the book pretty well, although I'm no expert on the book.
Lolita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lolita »

Spoiler...
I saw the movie today and it followed the book pretty well....that is until the end. The only thing I can say is they changed a bit of the Sophie Nouveu plot line. The ending irked me because it wasn't how it happened in the book, although it did follow the prologue. Overall, the movie wasn't a total disappointment.

But I still say Sophie should have been a red-head, like she was in the book. :x
<center>Image</center>