OFF TOPIC: HOWEVER IMPORTANT Cherie Walley comes here...

The place to get all the latest news. Also, new posters on the board should come here for a general outline of our policies and practices at Roswell Fanatics.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

NorafanofMaxandLiz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by NorafanofMaxandLiz »

Applebylicious wrote:
LongTimeFan wrote:I talked with the family earlier today - Cherie went peacefully.
Thank God for that, Liz.

I guess I'm still in terrible shock. At the same time, I'm so glad that I was able to meet Cherie last year and have my life touched by her. She had such a vitality that I'm just...in shock that this could have ever happened. It seems so surreal. I knew she was sick, and yet I guess I just always thought...it wouldn't happen. When you MEET her, it doesn't seem like it could ever happen.

She'll never be replaced, or duplicated, on this board or in my heart.

Rest in peace, Cherie.

Hi,

I just wanted to say I'm in shock about this right now. I just now found out. I'm so saddened to hear this news. My heart goes out to her family. I met Cherie a couple of years ago at a BAT function and she was the life of the party. She even emailed me pic's from some of her Roswell related/Behr hunting expeditions. Cherie was a force of nature so full of life and vitality that not even this will contain her spirit. I know that she's watching over all of us. Cherie gave us lots of happy memories of her that I know we'll all cherish. She gave us such beautiful stories but beyond that we all saw the beautiful person she was. Cherie was one of a kind and will be sorely missed.

Rest in peace Cherie and be happy.

NorafanofMaxandLiz :(
Off Behr hunting for the amber eyed one

Check out my stories in Work By Author Section

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopic.php?t=11269
Ti88
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Ti88 »

i am very sorry to hear this. condolences and sympathies.
Roselle
Sarah695
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Sarah695 »

Cherie was a wonderful kind caring intelligent and loving woman who many many people whom she came in contact with... whether online and/or in person loved and respected.

She will be missed.

My thoughts and prayers are with her family and loved ones.

Maggie
AvengingAngelIQ
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by AvengingAngelIQ »

We never lose the ones we love
for, even though they’re gone,
Within the hearts of those who care,
their memory lingers on.”

May all the warm
and special memories
you shared with your friend
stay with you
and bring you comfort
through the days ahead.

___Author unknown

My prayers are with Cherie's family and friends.
Dreamers Dream the Beautiful Dream.
Roswell4ever1
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswell4ever1 »

I just feel so incredibly lost for words right now. I didn't get to know Cherie, but I feel like I did through this thread that I've been following since this all started. It's a very special person that can make someone who's never met them cry. I just feel like an important part of us is gone. But I take great comfort in the fact that she's no longer suffering and that she's in a far better place. If there's anything I can do for the family, please let me know.

You will be greatly missed Cherie!
jero
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by jero »

I started to post this about 9 hours ago, but the power went out, :roll: then I had to go to a family thing and just got home...

I spoke to Charles this afternoon. He said it has helped them to know that Cherie touched so many people outside their family. That every call, card, and good wishes are important to them. I have the address (same as before) for anyone who wants to send a card or something.

Charles said in honor of their grandmother, he and James are planning to attend the events that Cherie was planning to go to this year. :) I'm looking forward to meeting them at the bowl-a-thon in October!

Someone asked how to contact James... Charles said that James has Cherie's cell phone and you can contact him that way.

EDITED TO ADD: This was posted on the Roswell board at Fan Forum by Cherie's sister from Texas...
cherisis wrote:Cherie is gone, but not lost for she will always live in the hearts of the ones she loved so much. She had, by her own confession, a long love affair with words. She was amazed by their power and loved to put them in all kinds of positions. Some even made sense. But even the words she loved so much cannot express the loss that is felt at her passing. She was sunlight and laughter, warm wind, and cool water. And now she is dancing with the elements, caressing our souls, flitting through the stars and daring us to follow her lead and be more than what we are.
I am a better person because my sister loved me! She saw only the beauty and wrapped me in acceptance and love without judgement.

There is a change of plans. We will have "A celebration of a Unconventional and Unique Woman " on Wednesday May 3, 2006 at the home of her loving Son.

Thank you all for being so much a part of her life!

If you wish to e-mail me please do so.
gwaller1@houston.rr.com
Later,
jero

Roswellian, and PROUD of it!

VOTE for Roswell!
FallenMagic
Addicted Roswellian

Post by FallenMagic »

First off all my hearfelt condolences to Cherie's family.

I'm still in shock. I really don't know what to say. I had the pleasure of getting to know Cherie and she was such an amazing person! There were so many times when she would offer me such kind words of advice and just make me smile. I loved her stories, more importanltly, I loved her. She will be sorely missed. The RF community has lost a truly beautiful person.

Rest in peace Cherie, we love you!
Blue*Soul
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Blue*Soul »

This is sad. I'm at a loss of words.

I hope rest well Cherie.

Love & Hugs

Blue*Soul
mlover25
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by mlover25 »

I never knew Cherie but it is always sad when someone passes. She will be missed. My condolences got out to Cherie's family and friends. May she rest in peace.
I lurk what can I say. :D
Devil Kitty
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: Painting Michael's tatoo at Fox River State Penitiary

Post by Devil Kitty »

I never had the pleasure of meeting Cherie in person, but I certainly enjoyed her posts on the various Roswell forums, and her stories were so well crafted. She was a dear, sweet lady and will be sorely missed.

Angie, that was a beautiful poem, and Majesty, your tribute was lovely.