Was Michael Abusive?

Michael and Maria fighting/making up do it for you? Then enter the M&M Zone.

Moderators: Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

killjoy wrote:Actually sometimes I think all three couples on the show are representations of a normal relationship, just a different stages of development. OK try to come over to my warped sense of thinking here.

Alex/Isabel-As much as I love Alex and Stargazing you have to admit Alex did fallow Isabel around like a puppy sometimes. This is the early predating stage of a relationship when a guy is doing his best to try to get a girl to notice that he likes her and to have her like him. He'll do anything she ask and go anywhere just so he can be where she is.

Max/Liz-The first stage of a relationship. Kind of like being newlyweds. You know the people you've seen them in public. The one year married people who go "oh I love you." in a sickening sweet voice and than the other goes "Oh but I love you more"

Michael/Maria-Your normal married couple over time. Still have passion, care for one another,still in love but fight just like any normal long term married couple. :lol:

I don't know if that makes any sense to anyone else. :roll: :lol:
It makes sense, in fact. I had never seen things under this angle, but yeah, it works.
girl afraid
Addicted Roswellian

Post by girl afraid »

I never thought about the couples in that way before either - and it totally makes sense! :D
it's better to rise than fade away.
ashleyt
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ashleyt »

It's the best summary i've heard to describe those couples before. It's also the most accurate. My question is then what stage of the relationship would Kyle and Tess be? Would they even be a stage?
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Yes Kyle and Tess have their stage.

They're the 'what if' relationship we all have in our past.

The person who we either didn't have the guts to ask out,didn't have feelings for until it was too late or for whatever reason.

The one you find yourself thinking about years later and wondering what would it been like had we gotten together? Would my life be better? worse?

Since we never got to see them as a sure couple on the show (due to the fact the writers on the show had less brains than God gave a doorknob.) we'll always wonder about them and what they might have had and been like.
Last edited by killjoy on Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
ashleyt
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ashleyt »

thanks
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic
Location: Alabama for now, but someday I'll be on a beach in Morocco

Post by FaithfulAngel24 »

Since we never got to see them as a sure couple on the show (due to the fact the writers on the show had less brains than God gave a doorknob.) we'll always wonder about them and what they might have had and been like.
That is a perfect description for them ;)
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

FaithfulAngel24 wrote:
That is a perfect description for them ;)
Best description of whom? Kyle and Tess or the writers off the show? :lol:
Izzy&Alex 4eva
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Izzy&Alex 4eva »

I don't really see Michael as abusive.
Michael was many things, closed off, scared,so on and so on :lol: , adding to the fact that he more than likely never expected that he could ever be with someone being what he is. His only real guides were Max & Isabel sinse he had no family to nurture him through his childhood.

Did he make mistakes with Maria? Yes, but she made mistakes with Michael to. Some i might add were more hurtfull to Michael than anything he ever done to her. ( that's just in my opinion)

But i in no way thought of Michael as in abusive or controlling.
As for being a bad influence on Teenage girls.

I feel Max/Liz were the baddest in this case...but that's irrelivent to this thread so i'll leave it at that.
Alien_Friend
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Alien_Friend »

hmm I've never thought about this topic before. I don't think M/M relationship was ever abusive. I always thought they were the most real couple. What you saw was what you got with them. They both knew their flaws going in. As withdrawn as Michael was Maria knew he was messed up and she had to be in it for the long hall if she wanted to have a solid relationship with her. The episodes after Alex died and Michael took care of her an Amy i thought was so great. You never doubted that Michael loved Maria and saw her as the thing that made him a better person. The Courtney thing wasn't even anything in the grand scheme of things. I think Michael was loyal and committed to Maria and would have done anything for her. Whatever she needed he was always there in is own way doing what he could. He was never passive like Max. He was always passionated. They only part of their relationship that was depressing to watch was when Maria broke up with him. I thought she totally broke him in little pieces. He was never the same after that. Plus we have to remember how Michael was brought up it wasn't best in environment so he was learning as he went a long how to be a good man for maria but he never stopped trying and he always wanted to do the right thing even if he kept pushing her away sometimes. I think he loved her so much he was just afraid not only of his alien side harming her but his lack of skills and know how to really love someone. And he loved her so much he didn't want to disappoint her or give her what he thought she deserved. As sure of himself as he seemed i think he had a lot of insecurities in that department especially. As insane as their rel'p seemed i thought they were were like a breath of fresh air with craziness between M/L. Don't get me wrong I'm a dreamer too but I do love my candy couple just as much.
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

As sure of himself as he seemed i think he had a lot of insecurities in that department especially.
Maria was the same. Remember Sexual healing and the flashes ? She was sure that it was her fault if she didn't get them. She was hurt by that. I still don't think it was nice from Michael to not tell her that it was because of him. He knew it was his fault, he told her so in Departure. But he could have said it sooner, instead of letting her be hurt over that.

Michael : From day one, I knew you were the girl for me, I never wanted anyone else.