Believer2's Stuff

Authors can start their own thread with all their work here. Many authors also keep their readers informed on when they have updated a fic on their thread here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Believer2
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Believer2 »

Hey guys!

I know it has been awhile but I'm still working on this one, I promise!

This month has been crazy!!! I lost my job right after Thanksgiving - I mean literally, the day we went back to work. Then, I was interviewing like crazy - I didn't even have time to wallow in my own self-pity! Then BAM!!! I got a job! Whoa!

I started my new job this week and it has been very nice, but very hectic. I completely forgot it was Xmas this weekend!!! I had to do some last minute shopping today and it was absolutely insane!!!! I wanted to tear my hair out!!!

But - I haven't forgotten about this story at all! I wrote chapter 9 and it's being edited as we speak. And Ellie - I promise you won't have to wait too long for the Max and Lix reunion

As far as the proposal from Chapter 8....this happened way back in 2000. I was working as an admin. assistant to THE MOST OBNOXIOUS account manager at a mid-size advertising firm. The day after her Mike proposed, SHE SPENT THE ENTIRE WEEK TELLING EVERYBODY the story of how he proposed and flashing her eye-blinding diamond. The first time I heard it, it was sooo romantic. By the fifth time that day - I had a headache. The 10th time, I knew the freakin story by heart. By the end of the week, I was cursing Mike and my boss for even meeting!

Five years later, I can remember the story a little more fondly than I did back then.

Anyway: HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!! HOPE SANTA BRINGS GREAT PRESENTS FOR EVERYONE!!!!

While we all celebrate and give thanks for our loved ones, please take a moment to remember that there are hundreds of lonely senior citizens alone this Christmas. Please be kind...pass on a little love and company.
I'm a believer!
Believer2
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Believer2 »

:oops: I must now admit that After Hours is on hiatus until I can figure out how the heck to tie all my loose ends.

But, on the other hand, I've become inspired by a new show coming out this fall. Its called The Nine and I swear the creators STOLE my idea, mine's called The Hostages!!!! I had this idea first, I swear!!!!! I was either going to write Hostages or After Hours and chose After Hours.

But now that The Nine is coming out, I want to make sure my story is out there too so that everyone knows - I HAD THE IDEA FIRST!!!! Geez.
I'm a believer!
Believer2
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Believer2 »

Hey guys - just so you know, I'm working hard on After Hours - I finally figured out how to tie everyone together!!!! Yay for me!

I've asked Annie to take down After Hours in the dead and buried section because I've had to tweak things in the first half. So keep an eye out for the revised version of After Hours in January 2007!!!
I'm a believer!
Believer2
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Believer2 »

Hey guys - ok, January 2007 has come and gone but the story isn't finished. However, it is close to being finished. In fact, I have about five more chapters to go before it goes into editing!!!! Yay! My hope is end of March!
I'm a believer!
Believer2
Addicted Roswellian

OMG!!! Its Done!!!

Post by Believer2 »

I have finished After Hours!!!! :P

I'm enjoying a happy dance and will be working on edits this month. I hope to start posting the first 11 chapters that were previously written up very soon.

Hope you all come back around and read it - I believe it was worth the wait!

I'm also back to working on The Hostages! Keep your fingers crossed that it won't take a year to finish.
I'm a believer!
Believer2
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Believer2 »

Whoooo Hoooo!!!! I have finished the story and have posted the entire story under AU without Aliens!

Just a quick note - I am really proud of how this story turned out. I started it without figuring out how I was going to end it and then got good and stuck. It took me a long time to figure out what to do with it and now, its finished. I'm so glad! Not only did the story turn out ok, and I actually liked it, but I'm really excited to finish up the story that I started while I was stuck with this one.

The next story that I'm working on is called "The Hostages". Some of you might remember how outraged I was last year when I heard the tv series "The Nine" coming out because my story has a similar outline. However, after watching the short lived series, I realize that my story is a wee bit better - not that I'm a genius or anything.

However, a bit of bad news and hopeful news. My good friend and editer, Nicole, who has helped me write and edit the last two stories won't join me for The Hostages. After outlining it to her(with the ending), she pointed out that the story is very dark, much darker than anything I've ever done and she won't go there. So, I am hoping to find a new editor/beta for this next story.

Hope you guys stick around for "The Hostages"!!!

But thank you for sticking around to see the ending for After Hours!
I'm a believer!
Antarian_Slayer
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: Rainy old England...dreaming of sun, sea, and a certain Mr Behr.

Re: Believer2's Stuff

Post by Antarian_Slayer »

Hey I just finished reading your After Hours story and I think it was brilliant! :D I loved it, definatly one of my favs now.

Just thought you should know.

Antarian Slayer.