Movie discussions

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

I saw Harry Potter! It was awesome, and I could go into a detailed summary about what I thought, but I'd rather not. :lol: Get me talking about HP and I'm not likely to stop.

I also saw Rent! It was great, although I haven't seen it on stage so I have nothing to compare it to. Mimi and Roger were cute. :)
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
Catalyst
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Catalyst »

I saw Rent too, and I've never seen it on stage either (because, though the show went to cities three hours above and six hours below my city, I'm not sure it actually came here... which makes me sad). I loved the movie, though. And being the total girl that I am, I cried (but the movie theater was about 2/3 filled with my friends, so some girl I knew started passing tissues around for us). I thought it was really well done, especially since it was a musical.

And the soundtrack is amazing.

Catalyst
Knowing that it's coming doesn't keep it from happening...

Always Red in the Rearview

Come to my author chat Sunday (3/10) at 10 PM EST!
nickimlow
Addicted Roswellian

Post by nickimlow »

Anyone know if North Country is any good? It seems to have a pretty good cast, and I like the story, but it hasn't been released here so I'm just wondering.
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

I also saw Harry Potter this weekend and was amazed by the special effects, the chemistry of the characters and of course the things that JK Rowling has made up... I actually want to go see it again and will be buying it on DVD when its released... GO watch it! lol
WomanofMystery
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by WomanofMystery »

I've been really busy with university work so the last film I saw at the cinema was Serenity which came out over here Nov.7. I loved it!
I'm a huge fan of Firefly so I've waited all year to see this film and it was so worth the wait. The characters were exactly the same as in the show, the storyline was great, the effects were amazing and there was one part where I cried and I normally never cry at films.
I can't wait untill I can get it on DVD.
Oh, and I can't wait to see Harry Potter and Narnia. What can I say, I'm just a big kid at heart. :lol:
WASH: I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
pLANETv33n3ss
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pLANETv33n3ss »

ppl i know weren't pleazed with teh 4th harry potter but i loved it,
althou i was waiting the whole entire story 4 some ron & hermione action and wasn't pleased with the jst frends ending... (do i really have 2 wait until the 6th movie 4 nething?!?!)
WomanofMystery
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by WomanofMystery »

In Britain films come out at the cinema months after they do in America but I've just seen trailers for Walk the Line and Rent and you guys are right, they do look amazing. I want to go and see both those films now. :lol:
WASH: I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
hks_bsb
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by hks_bsb »

I hadn't seen any of the Matrix movies until this weekend. I watched them all and I LOVED them! Amazing! I liked the first one the best.

~Hannah~
Whats so great about normal???

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Roswell_Dreamers/

*Kaylee & Simon* *Keria & Lewis* *Michael and Sarah*
Maxssoulmate
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Maxssoulmate »

I just watched interview with a vampire, and it was my first time seeing it, i know a lot of people would be looking at me like i was crazy right now, but i'm serious, and it is soo good. Tom crusies character is freakin freaky, funny but freaky! And Kirsten Dunst's character was crazy too. I felt soo bad for brad pitts character though! :cry:

<3 Tay
"Okay, I'll be Christina for you. If you'll be Izzie for me."-George
"Deal."- Meredith
(George stops the Elevator abruptly)
"Derick had a woman in his trailer last night. She was ugly.Very Ugly. Except she was tall and beautiful and he was naked.
"McDreamy was doing the McNasty with McHottie. That McBastard!"

Icequeen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Icequeen »

I just saw Wolf creek and to me it was VERY predictable. Pretty much like Chainsaw Massacre. The first 45 mins were sooo boring I almost left but that's just my opinion :D
My Fics
Hardhat: Don't eat the tuna salad in the cafeteria. It made me throw up.
Suit: Food poisoning takes a while. How long did it take to make you sick?
Hardhat: About 5 seconds. All I can figure is, someone must've put fish in it - I'm allergic to fish.