Firefly **Serenity Spoilers**

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

WomanofMystery
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by WomanofMystery »

I just found this thread. Yay, a Firefly/Serenity thread!
Serenity came out over here a couple of months later than in the US so I only got to see it a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to go and see it again but I've got coursework to do so I haven't had the time. :(
One of the most, if not THE most, amazing films I have ever seen and I'm guessing you all agree with me. The effects were incredible, better than anything in Star Wars and on a much smaller budget I think. The characters were just like on Firefly, I loved the interaction between them all, the one-liners and the way their personalities get developed that little bit more than they were on the show. Especially Mal. My favourite Mal bit was when he ordered the crew to make Serenity look like a Reaver's ship and was really stone-cold with them then you saw him go into a side room and start to break down. Beautiful.
Did anyone else jump everytime a Reaver appeared out of nowhere? They scared the hell out of me. :oops:
I couldn't believe it when Wash died. :cry: I read in SFX that a character dies then Book was killed and I thought they meant him. When Wash was killed, everyone in the cinema gasped and then Zoe was crying and trying to wake him up. :cry:
Then there was the battle and I thought EVERYONE was going to die.
River running down the corridor and then fighting the Reavers was breathtaking. There was just something about the way she was moving and the lighting in those scenes that just made it perfect. I teared up again in those scenes and I still don't know why.
When they were crash landing Serenity and bits were getting knocked off her did anyone else want to do a Captain Jack and yell "stop blowing holes in my ship!"? :oops: :lol:
Oh and I can't remember who said it but I think there was a deeper meaning to River saying "I'm alright" to Simon too. Because she said it then focused on his face and said it again.
I think this is now my favourite film. I'm buying the DVD as soon as it comes out and I can see myself being able to watch this film all the time and that's not true for a lot of films.
WASH: I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
Kzinti_Killer
Administrator

Post by Kzinti_Killer »

About eight months ago my wife comissioned an original artwork with fantasy artist Jason Palmer. Apparently he's doing the "official" art work for Serenity. ;-) The result arrived in the mail today, and Missus KK is turning handsprings. Here's a scan of it.

<center>Image</center>

It's really something, eh? :-D

Laters,
Rick
Last edited by Kzinti_Killer on Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dragons, Ogres, & Pretty Boy Lawyers Slain, Reasonable Rates, Call After 5:00 At 1-900-OhMyGodWhatWereTheyThinkingOf

"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
-- Henry Jenkins
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

Wow! That's amazing! :D I've always loved that pose of the two of them.
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

Wow that's a great pic. I love those two together. Your missus is a lucky lady to be able to afford a commisioned piece of memorabilia like that.:) Amazing work. Thanks for sharing it with us.

-Ellie

Check out my Supernatural ficlet it's finally done!:oops:
Kzinti_Killer
Administrator

Post by Kzinti_Killer »

If you want it..you can have it too. ;-) Under the contract, Missus KK gets the original, but the artist retains the right to create more prints of it for sale. Want to bet that he won't? :-D

Laters,
Rick
Dragons, Ogres, & Pretty Boy Lawyers Slain, Reasonable Rates, Call After 5:00 At 1-900-OhMyGodWhatWereTheyThinkingOf

"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
-- Henry Jenkins
WomanofMystery
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by WomanofMystery »

That's a beautiful print.
Surfgirl02
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Surfgirl02 »

Morena Baccarin (Inara) is going to be on a couple of episodes of
The O.C. She was on briefly during last nights episode and apparently is going to be on for the next few as well playing "Leah Griffin", the daughter of one of Sandy's potential business partners.
And they say
Open up, we're coming inside
You can't run so you may as well hide
We got the place covered from head to toe, head to toe
Open up, we're coming inside
What's it feel like to know you're going to die?
On the other side of the road
~Dispatch "Open Up"
hks_bsb
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by hks_bsb »

Has anyone heard anything about a sequal movie?

~Hannah~
Whats so great about normal???

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Roswell_Dreamers/

*Kaylee & Simon* *Keria & Lewis* *Michael and Sarah*
WomanofMystery
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by WomanofMystery »

Ooh, I can tell you about that because SFX have had a lot of information from Joss. There was going to be at least one more film but because Serenity didn't do well at the box office that's had be cancelled. If the DVD sells well then Joss says he hopes to do a straight to DVD sequel film to continue the story for the fans.
He has a lot of ideas because he was intending to have Firefly on the air for 7 seasons. But the network cancelled it and kept Charmed. There's no justice in the world.
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

Oh, how exciting! Although, I must say, I thought it ended perfectly with Serenity. It tied up so well, and then there was something about the last scenes with Zoe and Mal and then Mal and River that just.... fit. Just made it complete. I love Firefly, and I would love more, but I just don't want it to be ruined. :?
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>