Bad Dreamer moments, Tess's Appearances

Love Max & Liz? Then the Dreamer place is where you want to be.

Moderators: jbangelo, Forum Moderators

dreamerfiend
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Bad Dreamer moments, Tess's Appearances

Post by dreamerfiend »

Is it just me or does Tess seem to have a knack for poppin up at the worst time or shall I say the right time, for her.

As long as I've watched Roswell I never seemed to notice this but I happened to notice it a few months ago. Tess seems to come out of nowhere when something bad happens between Max and Liz.

For example: In End of the world after Max sees Liz in bed with Kyle he goes to the park and sits on a bench by himself then Tess comes out of nowhere and "comforts" him by putting a hand on her shoulder.

In Heart of Mine Max is sitting on the bench after Liz tells him the 'suffocating' speech. Then Tess turns the corner with Kyle and decides to go sit next to Max and "comfort" him again only this time they kiss.

In 'Its too late and its too bad' Liz tells Max the "Wake Up" speech. He goes to the observatory then yup you guessed it Tess appears. Then she "comforts" him again only this time they have sex.

My point is after something bad happens between Max and Liz, Max goes somewhere where he can be alone. Then Tess pops up outta nowhere and goes to comfort him. Everytime she progresses in her advances.

Please tell me its not just me that notices this! :lol:
God is Love

Liz: You do have a destiny Max, you just heard it and I can't stand in the way of it.
Max: But you mean everything to me.
Destiny

Banner by Manda8706
Sologirl102
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sologirl102 »

yeah. well i think it's obvious she was stalking max.
Magic Mushroom Omelets. You know what I'm talking about.

"Do it, or I'll snap your neck, pour jelly on your body, and pray to the GODS OF JELLY... to BURN YOUR SOUL in A JELLY LIKE HELL! Now GET THE JELLY!" - Dane Cook
(Sorry, I was watching Comedy Central)
Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Raychelxluscious »

Hmm...For the most part, I don't think Tess was stalking Max at all.

For ETOW, she obviously knew that Liz was trying to cut off every romantic link she had with Max. And though, at the time, I thought Tess had pretty much moved on from Max, she felt she needed to be there for him - whether it be she had that hidden agenda or in a more friendly of terms.

For Heart of Mine...I feel that was pure coincidence. dreamerfiend said it, she turned the corner with Kyle and happened to notice Max. At this point, we know what she had been doing to Alex all in an effort to get off the planet. But I don't think she just *knew* that Liz had given Max that speech and that he'd be sitting there pitying himself, which makes me feel as if it were coincidence. However, at that time she did have that agenda, so comforting Max during his time of need would have been too perfect for her to pass up.

Now, for ITLITB, I agree. It's totally weird that she would show up at *that* time. Did she ever explain why she'd just showed up? Or how she knew Max would be there? Yeah, that's a bit sketchy, and it does make you wonder how she knew about it. But at that time Alex was already dead, and she was already to the point of no return with Naesado's plan, so I can't really defend her here.

At any rate, the writer's obviously wanted Tess to be an obstacle between our Dream couple from the very start. And they did a grand job at it as well. :roll:

Raychel
writing is a socially accepted form of schizophrenia

Roswell, New Mexico S1 Watch Party
touched by an alien
Addicted Roswellian

Post by touched by an alien »

OH MY GOODNESS. You have no idea how much I agree with you. Tess always show up right after liz and max get back together and have such happiness for like ONE EPISODE then she comes right back into the picture.

Like in the episode Crazy
it was right after the ep. of Sexual healing- she waltzed into roswell when l/m just got back together and were mad crazy for one another. Then she has to do that stupid mind rape thing to get max's attention, and then everything comes tumbling down again.

Then in Episode TEOTW when m/l were suppost to 'cement' things, but then future max came because of gues who? Yes, because of the gerbil. The whole thing was because of her.

Then in Four Aliens and a Baby- they were JUST getting back together, remember the whole make out buisness in Liz's room! then here she come stiring up trouble with the kid. Grrrr.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph-lol. okay...now I'm done with my little tantrum :oops:

and by the way. I totally agree with you on the whole stalker thing. REmember the photos of him that she had in that box (Tess, Lies, and a Videotape) To quote Maria's words about Courtney- "She has pictures of you. She's been dreaming about you, fantisizing about you" -lol

I don't know about everyone else but I agree with ya 100% :wink:
Life is an occasion... rise to it.
Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Raychelxluscious »

touched by an alian wrote:Then she has to do that stupid mind rape thing to get max's attention, and then everything comes tumbling down again.
Was it ever stated and/or proven that it was mindrape?

and by the way. I totally agree with you on the whole stalker thing. REmember the photos of him that she had in that box (Tess, Lies, and a Videotape) To quote Maria's words about Courtney- "She has pictures of you. She's been dreaming about you, fantisizing about you" -lol
Well, in this instance, she was with Naesado and they (Michael and Isabel) had just recently lit the rope on fire in that shape of the orb-y thingy. :roll: I can't remember.. -lol- Anywho! I seriously doubt that Naesado would be dumb enough to just waltz into Roswell (of all places) and say - "Hey, I'm your alien protector" without doing a little in-depth investigation about who he's dealing with. Hence the pictures.

Or even he could have been tracking them for years. The possiblities for those pictures are endless.

But absolutely - Tess has been portrayed with impecible (sp?) timing. -lol- And has gotten in the way of plenty of dreamer moments.

Raychel
writing is a socially accepted form of schizophrenia

Roswell, New Mexico S1 Watch Party
Beautiful86
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: San Antonio, TX. Home of the NBA World Champs of 2005!

Post by Beautiful86 »

I agree with Rachel on this one...

The first two could have merely been coincidences.

But I always have and ALWAYS will believe that in Crazy when Tess waltzes into Max and Michael's conversation, she stood there listening for a few moments. Stalker Tess just listening to Max's voice.

In S,L,&V, Tess obviously proves that she is capable of a vendetta because you KNOW she was watching Max talk to and then kiss Liz in the Crashdown.

Tess.

In the rain.

Soaking wet.

And just watching them.

Stalker Tess.

In HoM and EtoW, we don't know that the park is on Tess' way home. In HoM, Kyle dragged her off to the closet and Kyle was in the lead. She just thought everything was playing into her hands.

In ITLATTB, Stalker Tess emerges again. You nor any other fellow Roswell experts will ever convince me that Tess showing up behind Max when he's thinking was coincidental. She followed him!!!

And finally, you will never convince me that when she showed up at the end, WITH A BLANKET that it wasn't planned. Come on! I'm not a lemon. Hehe
<center>Image

AU/No Aliens-Max and Liz...with realistic complications...</center>
Coccy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Coccy »

she was stalking max. :lol:
I think that Tess is Max persecution!!! XD :lol: :lol:

She's always beside him when he's in a bad moment and when he feels like a shit and vulnerable.

Like a mussel (in Italy we call her like that xD we call her "cozza" it's her official nickname :twisted: ) she's always on Max...like glue...

She's like:
"Max I'm always for you"
"Max I'm here"
"Max..it's destiny. destiny...destiny...destinyyyyy" *fear* :shock:
"Max your the best"
"max you are the kingggggg"
"max I'm with youuuuuu, you are always soooo righttttt"

But does she have an herself mind or not? O__o

If you don't hate her like me you can find that funny!
Poor girl... her like sucks! :|

If "destiny" have make her to be in love with Kyle for example, her life would have been finally a *true* life and not what a stupid book and an alien (kivar) that you even don't know have established for you.
Think about it...she's so passive... :|
why Max and Tess fans are called rebels is a mistery for me.. :| :roll: sorry but really I don't find why they are called like that

where is the rebellion? :roll: ^^°°°°
They have to do what a book say, the normality..what it's established.
they were together in a past life and they must be together in the present.
normal administration.

Where is the challenge? They are just like some people and couples in reality. In our world there are so much people that are married just cos they are used to be together but they aren't in love.

Max and Liz *are* rebels! Remember "what so great about normal?" an human girl and an alien boy that aren't destined to be together but they refuse normality and destiny. They are different but they want to be together. For love they defy LIFE and DEATH and in the end they won.
That's a rebellion!
"You're what would bring me back.
Even if my molecules were spread out from here to whatever galaxy my home planet is in,
that wouldn't stop me. All my molecules would be like little homing pigeons.
They'd all zoom to you, and then I'd re-form." - Max Evans; Roswell High - The Watcher
Dreamer Idolatry - M&L community || My arts
dreamerfiend
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by dreamerfiend »

I absolutely loved your post. It is funny :lol: even though I hate Tess! :twisted:
God is Love

Liz: You do have a destiny Max, you just heard it and I can't stand in the way of it.
Max: But you mean everything to me.
Destiny

Banner by Manda8706
trulov
Addicted Roswellian

Post by trulov »

Tess was totally stalking Max! My only consolation after the Max had sex with Tess was that he never sought her out. Even at his lowest, he never said, 'Oh I need to find Tess and talk to her, that will make me feel better!" It was always her inserting herself into his life when he was in the lonliest and most painful situations. Again, that's the only reason I can stand to watch season 2.
Luzser1800
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luzser1800 »

trulov wrote:Tess was totally stalking Max! My only consolation after the Max had sex with Tess was that he never sought her out. Even at his lowest, he never said, 'Oh I need to find Tess and talk to her, that will make me feel better!" It was always her inserting herself into his life when he was in the lonliest and most painful situations. Again, that's the only reason I can stand to watch season 2.
You're a better person than I because I honestly can't stand Season 2. The ML Tess triangle did nothing but piss me off and i wish we could switch the moments where Max and Tess got their love scene and Max and Liz didn't. I probably would have been able to deal with it better if it were just implied that Max and Tess had sex.

And by Season 2, it was just a known fact that as soon as ML would get closer, something would screw it up. The writers had managed to use the exact same formula for 3 years. In fact, the only parts I liked about S2 were the Candie parts. Michael and Maria were really the only reason I watched S2 at all because they were hilarious.

Now I've finally gotten it out, lol! :lol: