Things that made you want to bang your head against anything

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Raychelxluscious »

~*Sonia E.*~ wrote:
Liz told Sean in Departure that "Max Evans broke my heart," then 3 months later not only is she back together with Max, but she is helping him find his son. Max and Liz were not together when Max slept with Tess, so how could Liz's heart have been broken? The same thing with Max when he caught Liz and Kyle in bed together, why was he upset? Liz had broken up with Max in Destiny so he had no reason to be heartbroken.
I don't fully agree with you here, but I understand where you're coming from. I agree, quite adamantly, that Max and Liz were not together after Destiny, and they weren't even together throughout a lot of Season 2, so that in no way justifies Liz as "cheating" on Max, of Max "cheating" on Liz.

However, I can understand why they'd be heartbroken. Despite the fact that they weren't together (in EOTW or ITLITB), they obviously still loved each other and just lost their way or whatever. Stuff happened to pull them apart, but their feelings for each other were still there. So, in that aspect I can understand why they were heartbroken, but they both made mistakes. ....moreso the writers, but who's being technical?... :roll:

Anyway...That's my opinion! :)

Raychel
writing is a socially accepted form of schizophrenia

Roswell, New Mexico S1 Watch Party
~*Sonia E.*~

Post by ~*Sonia E.*~ »

I can understand that Max and Liz would both be heartbroken because they both slept with other people. What I can't understand is why they would want to get back together with each other after all the hurt? All they had to do is forgive each other and move on with their lives separately.

Instead Max and Liz get back together, and then Liz is upset because he slept with Tess. Hello, Liz knew that Max slept with Tess before she decided to help find his son. I understand that her powers were flaring up, but she wouldn't have had to yell at Max in Ch-Ch-Changes if she would have just let go and moved on.

I don't know about Max still being in love with Liz, because in TEOTW Max "fell out of love with Liz." Now as I think about it, it seemed funny that Max was still holding on to Liz in HOM until after she gave him that suffocating speech. After everything that Liz did to Max, he was still holding on to her and finally let go when he kissed Tess.

It's like Liz always said, "it's complicated", and it must have been too complicated for TPTB also. :?
Roswell4ever1
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswell4ever1 »

I can understand that Max and Liz would both be heartbroken because they both slept with other people. What I can't understand is why they would want to get back together with each other after all the hurt? All they had to do is forgive each other and move on with their lives separately.
Aah, a question I have asked myself many, many times!
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

I can understand that Max and Liz would both be heartbroken because they both slept with other people. What I can't understand is why they would want to get back together with each other after all the hurt?
Because they love each other. It's that simple.
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
~*Sonia E.*~

Post by ~*Sonia E.*~ »

maxandliz4ever1357 wrote:
I can understand that Max and Liz would both be heartbroken because they both slept with other people. What I can't understand is why they would want to get back together with each other after all the hurt?
It did seem that simple because they loved each other didn't it. It's just too bad that it wasn't that simple for Max and Liz though. I mean they did get married in the end, so what more could they have asked for right?
Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

maxandliz4ever1357 wrote:
Agreed. Their love was supposed to be this great and amazing thing, but it also came with more than they bargained for.

Undeniably, both Max and Liz were hurt through out their three years, but what made their relationship so special is that they continually tried, even past the hurt they caused each other, to find a way back together again.

I'm glad Liz didn't choose to walk away, but again, she shouldn't have kept shoving the Max/Tess/Baby thing in his face when she was supposedly helping him in the search.

Anyway...Yeah. -lol- There are a lot of things I would have written differently about the show, but in the end it came to a closure that made my dreamer heart happy. :)

Raychel

~*Sonia E.*~

Post by ~*Sonia E.*~ »

Raychelxluscious wrote:I'm glad Liz didn't choose to walk away, but again, she shouldn't have kept shoving the Max/Tess/Baby thing in his face when she was supposedly helping him in the search.
That's why Liz should have walked away because she definitely had a problem with Max having sex with Tess and getting her pregnant. I keep reading that Liz kept shoving the Max/Tess/baby thing in his face, exactly how many times did Liz do that? I only remember one time in Ch-Ch-Changes, but were there more times?
Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

~*Sonia E.*~ wrote:
Raychelxluscious wrote:I'm glad Liz didn't choose to walk away, but again, she shouldn't have kept shoving the Max/Tess/Baby thing in his face when she was supposedly helping him in the search.
That's why Liz should have walked away because she definitely had a problem with Max having sex with Tess and getting her pregnant. I keep reading that Liz kept shoving the Max/Tess/baby thing in his face, exactly how many times did Liz do that? I only remember one time in Ch-Ch-Changes, but were there more times?
I haven't seen all of S3...Cause, I don't have UPN, but she tossed it in his face during Busted, whether it was jokingly or not, and then in Ch-Ch-Changes. Those are the only two I know of, but that's plenty enough for me.

Anyway...

Raych

~*Sonia E.*~

Post by ~*Sonia E.*~ »

Raychelxluscious wrote:I haven't seen all of S3...Cause, I don't have UPN, but she tossed it in his face during Busted, whether it was jokingly or not, and then in Ch-Ch-Changes. Those are the only two I know of, but that's plenty enough for me.

Anyway...

Raych
You're right Liz tossing in Max's face twice about him having sex with Tess and getting her pregnant was way too much. Max should have known right then and there to call it quits with Liz and walk away for good. Especially after Liz made a joke about Alex's death and Max sleeping with a murderer.

Then again, I think Max gave it as good as he got when he told Liz in Busted about, "meeting someone, someone like me, it attracted me. I admit that. It was something I had to find out about, and now I'm over it." Liz also should have known right then and there to call it quits with Max and walk away for good.

But, this is just my opinion. :)
ohdreamon
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ohdreamon »

hey Sonia I didn't get the feeling that Liz was joking a/b Alex in Busted.
She made me feel like she was uncomfortable with giving Max a second chance.I felt she was doubting her decision for a sec. PLEASE don't ban me!!! LOL. I felt Max was taking it lightly with the whole "you still holding on to that" comment.
I do agree that they should have moved on from each other -- as much as I enjoyed them in The Xmas episode(only at the end) and ATOTP(on the balcony) -- I was bugged and so over them when Max and Maria came into the cafe the next morning and Liz and Max didn't even acknowledge each other.From that point on I wanted Liz to find someone new. (I am a Liz lover,I must admit) At that point you could have put Max with Isabel and blasted them off to Antar -- okay, Sonia , they could take Maria with them!!!!!!!!! See you around!