Change of heart, Adult/CC+UC&Slash

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Anna-Liisa
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Anna-Liisa »

Kyle

As we continued our journey in the van I couldn't help but wonder how Max was feeling about the whole conversation we had. Was he angry? Sad? Or did he just find it odd for me to have any feelings towards him? The kiss was absurd. I didn't know why I did it. I couldn't forget the face he had after it. Well I couldn't even forget how his lips felt. I let out a small sigh and felt like someone was watching me. couldn't have bee Max..right?

I looked at a mirror and saw his eyes. He was really watching me. Or was it just a coincidence that he just happened to look at the same time?

'It can't be. He was looking at me. He had to be looking at me,' I though and closed my eyes for a while.

"You alright Valenti?" I heard Michael ask. Why? Had I showed too much emotions? I looked around me, at him and smirked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a bit tired an all. You know, the weather..It's somewhat...Depressing to me" I said and pointed at the window. "It's said that the weather might affect people strongly.." I said and looked over at Max and Liz accidently. "...like..Well.." I looked back at the road. "Like Honey affects the bears!"

I realized that I had made myseld a total idiot again so I covered the situation: "There's a saying that 'Although gold dust is precious, when it gets in your eyes, it obstructs your vision. ' It's like that..." I said. Something the best escape was to use odd Buddhism sentences to confuse them.
The only "ism" Hollywood believes in is plagiarism.
- Dorothy Parker
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

Kyle turns and I realize he's seen me watching him in the mirror. What's he thinking now? What am I thinking? Why am I watching him?

Because he's upset and confused and you're worried about him, I tell myself, but I know that's not the whole truth.

Michael asks if he's okay and he starts rambling about being depressed by the weather. He says something about honey and bears. I have no idea what he means.

"There's a saying that 'Although gold dust is precious, when it gets in your eyes, it obstructs your vision. ' It's like that..." Kyle says.

I bite my lip, rubbing Liz's arm as I continue to look at Kyle. What does he mean? What's his gold-dust? Is it me? What am I supposed to do about this? I've never heard anyone talk about me like that... like I was gold. Not even Liz... But maybe I'm reading something into that I shouldn't.

nickimlow
Addicted Roswellian

Post by nickimlow »

OOC: Anna gave me permission to arrive at the next place :D Hope it's okay with you guys! And . . . uh . . . the cat is just there because I ran out of ideas :?

Isabel

"You alright, Valenti?" I heard Michael ask from behind.

That was when Kyle launched into full turbo-tongue mode. I raised my eyebrow slightly, giving him a sidelong glance.

In the rearview mirror, I thought I saw an uneasy look cross Max's face. Maybe he was worried about what lay ahead. And- what did lie ahead? Some secret intelligence agents out to get us? More alien enemies? What?

I continued to drive, leaving the rest of them to themselves. The van was going through the streets aimlessly. For a while, all I could do was drive. No thought. No feeling.

And then something small and black leapt in front of the car. Seized by panic, I slammed the breaks.

A cat. A jet-black cat.

It looked at me for a while, its luminous eyes fixed on me. When I blinked, it was gone.

I gave a slight, nervous laugh. A black cat. I wasn't superstitious- nah. Stupid feline. "That was close," I said, trying not to sound freaked out.

From town. To town. To town. Until I got sick of driving. Finally. I looked up at a signboard.

"Welcome to Stockton, people," I said, wondering if I could stop now- before I actually ran over a cat.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

Stockton. "It looks like as good a place as any," I say, glancing around. "Let's see what they're charging for lodging. It would be nice to get a few rooms for the night."

I'm really looking forward to some private time with Liz. No matter how much we snuggled and kissed in the van, I always seemed to feel Kyle's presence. Not so much that he was looking at me, more that I was watching him. I couldn't seem to get his confession and the feel of that kiss out of my mind.

I deliberately turn my face away and glance back at Maria and Michael.

"A little privacy and a real bed sound good to you?" I ask, with a slight wiggle of my eyebrow. Let everyone think I'm thinking of them, not of me or Liz or ... Kyle.
nickimlow
Addicted Roswellian

Post by nickimlow »

Isabel

Privacy and a real bed? Sure, for the lovebirds. What were Kyle and me going to do while the four of them made out- pretend to be lovers? I snorted, forgetting how rude it was. They were in love- Remember when you were in love, Isabel? Remember how your heart used to beat so fast every time Jesse touched you?

The truth was that I was still in love. And I couldn't really blame Max for wanting to express his love to Liz, his wife. Maybe I was being a little too selfish.

I caught sight of a number of neon signboards for inns and hotels- good, there were a few on that particular street. I wouldn't have to drive around the whole of Missouri looking for a place to stay.

I pulled over at the side of the road, glad that the van wasn't moving anymore. Driving had distracted me a little, which was a good thing- but it scared me that I couldn't even concentrate on the road well enough.

I shot a glance at Kyle, who hadn't been looking too happy at all since . . . since when, exactly? "Is it just me, or is it getting really stuffy in here?" I said, wrinkling my nose. Maybe it was because of the making out session that had been going on at the back. Snort.
StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

~Liz~

"I love you, too, Liz. You know that," Max says and leans in, kissing me and I instantly respond. I can't wait until we have some privacy again. It's been a while and I want to enjoy it. After a time, we simply settled into holding each other, yet my nerves were on end while I waited and waited for us to stop at our new destination, wherever that was going to be.

The van suddenly gives a slight lurch and I glance toward Isabel, wondering if she's alright as we come to a stop. I am so zoned out it takes me a minute to realize that she's saying something. "Welcome to Stockton, people."

"It looks like as good a place as any," Max says and glances around. "Let's see what they're charging for lodging. It would be nice to get a few rooms for the night."

"A little privacy and a real bed sound good to you?" He's looking toward Maria and Michael and I can't help but glance back there to find Maria with a smile on her lips and blushing brilliantly.

"I think we all like the idea of real beds." I say, vaguely hearing Isabel comment about it getting hot or something of the sort. I know it's got to be hard seeing us so happy right in front of her. I really couldn't help but hope that someday soon she would be happy.
A List of All My Fics

My Avatar is an amazing Thai actor named Earth, he also goes by Cooheart and the BL's he acts in inspire writing.
StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

~Drake~

"Monroe, why has it taken so long for you to report in?" I hear Agent Carns ask as he picked up. Shaking my head I can't help but smirk even though I know he can't see me.

"Sorry sir, but I kind of thought it was more important for me to continue attempting to locate them and I am still trying to do just that. I just wanted to inform you that I am on following what appears to be a cold trail from Olathe." Before the bastard can respond I continue, "I'll be checking back next week at my usual time. Monroe out."

With a sigh, I glance down at the notes on the map in my lap. If my information was correct then I was only four or five hours behind those I'm searching for. But, it was a guess as to whether I was going in the right direction to find them. What I'll do when I find them is beyond me, but I will find them. Even before joining the Bureau I'd been good at searching for and finding things or people.

Of course, being placed in the section devoted to finding true aliens that looked like humans wasn't anything I'd ever expected especially since I was not that seasoned. But, apparently my youth had helped and I'd shown myself to be effective.

Now, as I glanced over my notes, I realized that while they had been in Olathe, they must have only used it as a brief rest stop, but the guy behind the counter believed that despite changes in hair style and a few other non descrip alterations, he'd seen the people I am searching for. Of course, I'd lied and told him the FBI was after them for something and it was his duty to remain silent on the matter.

I smiled as I recalled how puffed up he seemed to get when he thought that he was doing a national service. Starting up my classic '69' Dodge Charger, I once again began driving down the highway. I loved my car and when I'd been told I could use it for this mission, I was happier then I'd ever expected. I remembered thinking in my childhood that I wanted to be like Bo Duke from the Dukes of Hazzard but rather then driving an orange charger, mine was red black with metallic purple and metallic silver racing stripes.

This was the only item I had to remember my father by after his death. My father... a man that could make the blood run cold... had forced me into the service in the first place. I would have rather been a journalist. Of course, my camera and my notebook sat beside me in the car as part of my cover now.

When asked, I was Drake Monroe, aspiring journalist and sometimes actually published, just out searching for the next good preternatural case to try and crack. Much of the things I'd written already that had actually been published had been research into hauntings and psychic's along with other paranormal activites. I couldn't help it. Long before being drafted, I'd enjoyed things that others found hard to believe.

Now, I wanted to meet these so called alien's and see for myself whether they were real or just some sort of right-brain humans. I mean, the government is good at covering things up, but could this be a hoax that even they aren't aware of?
A List of All My Fics

My Avatar is an amazing Thai actor named Earth, he also goes by Cooheart and the BL's he acts in inspire writing.
Roswell4ever1
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswell4ever1 »

~Michael~

A little privacy and a real bed sound good to you? Max asks, looking at me. I look at Maria and see she's smiling which causes me to. I can't remember the last time we actually had some privacy and when we did, it wasn't under the best of circumstances. We were fighting as per usual and it ended up with Maria sleeping in the bed and me sleeping in the bathtub. I had a hell of a back ache the next morning. Not exactly a night to remember.

And also a night I don't plan on repeating. No, I'm determined to make things work out. I may not be fiancé of the year or anything, but I'm willing to work on it. Wrapping my arm around Maria's shoulders, I look over at Max. "Sounds like a plan to me. How long you think we'll be here?"
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

Michael looks really happy there with Maria. I'm sure he's going to do his best to make her happy -- at least until something annoys one of them. The roller-coaster ride seems to suit them. You have to admit they've got a lot of passion.

In the front seats, Kyle and Isabel look less pleased. I understand that, but there's not much I can do about it.

"Sounds like a plan to me. How long you think we'll be here?" Michael asks.

"Just until morning, probably," I say. We can't stop anywhere until we know that we're better hidden, I think. I don't know exactly how to hide us, but the first step is to get some more distance between us and the FBI.
nickimlow
Addicted Roswellian

Post by nickimlow »

Isabel

"Okay, so let's just get out of here and find us some rooms, shall we?" I said, hopping out of the van before I heard a reply.

I was going to have to get used to this lifestyle sooner or later. Town to town, state to state. All the smooching, all the hugging, all the . . . loving.

Sometimes I couldn't help but wonder if Max just never liked Jesse. Sure, in the beginning, things hadn't been all sugar and icing, but towards the end- what were Max's thoughts of my husband? Did he think he was useless for not insisting on coming with us? Or had Max really been concerned about dragging another innocent into our hectic lives?

Jesse had always been the extra, to them. I just wished I could have told him the truth sooner, because for the most part of our married lives, I'd been hiding from him. Now that I was alone, I had all the time in the world to regret it.

Maybe it wouldn't have been selfish to have Jesse come with us. He had already become associated with us anyway- they were probably going to drill him for answers anyhow, and maybe it was worse for him to be alone because we couldn't help him, not from where we were.

No, I couldn't get over it. I left my husband vulnerable to God only knows what dangers. Oh, you're such an idiot, Isabel!

I glanced up and down the street. "Where does one start?" I wondered aloud. I turned to Max. "O brother of mine, lead the way."