Things that made you want to bang your head against anything

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Raychelxluscious »

Erm...

I'm a *smiiiidge* slow... -lol- :roll: Beat me to it, Peachy.

Raych
writing is a socially accepted form of schizophrenia

Roswell, New Mexico S1 Watch Party
Peachykin
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Peachykin »

I definitely agree with you there Raych. I think the psychology is different for every person. I was too general in my original post there. :D
Polar, Xtremer, Drifter. Michael. Alec. Dean. Unapologetic. Flawed. And you know... real men.
Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Raychelxluscious »

S'all good. ;) I read what you had to say afterwards (cause, again, I'm a lil on the slow side), and it was all cleared up.

But again, I totally agree that Liz threatening a person with a gun is completely out of character for her. Period. *shrug*

Raych
writing is a socially accepted form of schizophrenia

Roswell, New Mexico S1 Watch Party
behrlyliz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrlyliz »

I would have to say when the writers dropped story lines or missed the boat on potential story lines (which they did alot :roll: ). For instance:

1) Telling us about the alien's past lives yet not exploring them. It would have been really interesting to see some flash back episodes of their life on Antar.

2) How they never really explored the reason why Max was so drawn to Liz. It had to be more than just an adolescent crush because it seemed as though he recognized her when he saw her in the school yard for the first time.

3) I'm quoting something anniepoo98 & Kath7 wrote over at Memories which I completely agree with
anniepoo98 wrote: Another thing that annoyed me was how they used Kivar. It was kind of "lots of build up... little show." They really, really needed to explore his character.
Khivar was a major disappointment.

and
Kath7 wrote: I liked Jesse too. I thought he was another wasted character. He should have been Khivar, and if he wasn't, then Khivar shouldn't have been written off in two episodes.
The writers really missed the big one with that. Jesse most definitely should have been khivar.
Team Framing Hanley
My Fics~My Challenges~My Space
Sologirl102
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sologirl102 »

I have to agree with that one. I mean, Kivar was like obsessed with Isabel. Wouldn't it have a good plot if Jesse/Kivar MARRIED Isabel and got everything he wanted, like access to Max and Michael? That would have been a kick ass story.
Magic Mushroom Omelets. You know what I'm talking about.

"Do it, or I'll snap your neck, pour jelly on your body, and pray to the GODS OF JELLY... to BURN YOUR SOUL in A JELLY LIKE HELL! Now GET THE JELLY!" - Dane Cook
(Sorry, I was watching Comedy Central)
taressa05
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by taressa05 »

Wow, I can't believe I haven't ever seen this thread before. I need it because there are quite a few things that make me want to bang my head against the wall about Roswell, quite a few that have already been mentioned.

I have to agree with everyone about them bringing up storylines and just dropping them out of the blue, sort of like what they did with some characters. For example, what the hell ever happened to Sean DeLuca? Not that I liked him, because I sure didn't, but he was there in season 2 causing more trouble for Max and Liz, and then we just never see or speak of him again. And where was Brody in season 3? As for storylines, they were probably the worst about doing that kind of stuff in season 3. There were so many good stories they could have told that could have possibly staved off cancellation, and yet we were usually subjected to crap.

Another thing that always bothered me was the Max and Tess sex, and not just because I'm a diehard Dreamer. We know that Max was walking around with a condom in his back pocket, and that he was always characterized as being a cautious and careful kind of guy, and yet he and Tess just happen to have unprotected sex. WTF!? Sometimes, the writers would just do things that made absolutely no sense.

I suppose though that my biggest problem is with Season 3 altogether. For some reason, even though the cliffhanger of last season had to do with Max and his son, and sort of his relationship with Liz, they switched the focus of many episodes of season 3 to Isabel's relationship with Jesse, who just came out of nowhere. That didn't make sense to me at all, and frankly made for some very boring episodes imo. The other major problem with season 3 was that it seemed that all the characters were out of character. They had Max and Liz robbing a gas station, when that's the kind of impulsive thing that Michael would do. Then Isabel and Michael didn't seem to care that much that Max in Liz were in jail and going on trial, thus exposing them. And then you have Maria just flip flopping on bieng in the Alien Abyss, and breaking up with Michael when she had been the pursuer in the last two seasons. And finally, you have Valenti being a completely lazy bum, letting Kyle pay all the bills, playing in a band, and dating younger women. And that's not to mention how the parents finally decided to take an interest. All I could say for the season was WTF. :lol:

I know there's probably more, but this is gonna be a long post as it is, and I really can't think of anything else at the moment. BTW, sorry for the longness of the post. :D

~Dani
Roswelladdict
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Roswelladdict »

There are so many things they just left hanging and that has to be what bugged me the most. But another huge buggaboo is the fact that they decided to kill Alex. Ummmmmmmmm, hello what the hell were they thinking?

Anyway, I also hate that Kyle just wasn't used to his full potential.

Just thought of something else that bugs the snot out of me the way they just dropped the whole "Future Max" angle and never really explored nor explained it.
Nina

Dreaming of Candy in the Stars.

"It was you...."
Roswell4ever1
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswell4ever1 »

One major thing that made me want to bang my head against something was Max sleeping with Tess. :x
Sologirl102
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sologirl102 »

i found that does tend to annoy people.
Magic Mushroom Omelets. You know what I'm talking about.

"Do it, or I'll snap your neck, pour jelly on your body, and pray to the GODS OF JELLY... to BURN YOUR SOUL in A JELLY LIKE HELL! Now GET THE JELLY!" - Dane Cook
(Sorry, I was watching Comedy Central)
Ti88
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Ti88 »

you i am almost afraid to comment here. you know what they about once you get going. thankfully my pet peeves with the show have more or less been already stated. (which is a good thing...i'd have a thesis on what went wrong with roswell)

the show for me died after EOTW. this was never addressed. never never never. and i'm sorry, but somebody should have or would have siad something. for the drama and adult like things these people are doing they are teenagers in high school. someone would have had it out with somebody.

in addition to the long list of crazy characters. i remember seeing nicky boy after they all went poof. where are those crazy dupes? what happen to the other planets that took over people for the summit and then poof? that fbi agent that knows something is not right as rain. the fbi upon hearing th ekids were healed and a print was left didn't investiagte? what was with the austic boy and the ghost dad? grant had no family? no one noticed a whole town went poof (in the towns case literaly)how does a school and parents get las crus, new mexico mixed up with sweeden? where did amy go? why was billy there? is it me or did you feel grandma claudia knew more than she let on?

another question. now they figure it all out because of the mindwarp. amy came out of her's pretty quick or showed signs of it. how come everyone wasn't tapping a long time ago? tess was warping them in the beggining as part of her first plan to get max.

i'm stopping now. see still have a thesis. hey i know all about the Nile. have a house there with maria's purple camals.

you know there is a crossover fic out there. its got the cast of buffy, roswell, and angel. the characters are in a room waiting to be used and are complaining the whole time about some of the crazyness they get stuck in,

sidebar...if you really want crazy happenings in a story. the show family matters. they have three children. the yongest is a girl. not laura but her sister. one episode she's there and the other she's not. i dodn't know if something happened to the girl in real life, but the show never explained it.