Twist of Fate (AU,M/L,Mature) Chap 19/pg-6~Aug-10th Complete

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

A/N: Hey guys I'm back sorry it took so long, but R/L sucks sometimes.....lol

Anyways I want to say thanks to everyone that is reading this and who nominated me for stuff its really a nice surprise and hell it sure makes you feel really really good.

So again thanks to............
cocopucks
Smac
roswellluver
Alien614
icequeen
Emz80m
begonia9508
purpleant
lizard_queen
FSUMSW94
Coley452
RASaero611
Timelord31
Earth2Mama

and to anyone else that I may have missed b.c I got pruned... :(

Thanks to the lurkers too. :D

~*~*~ Part 11 ~*~*~

Jeff Parker handed his keys to the valet and entered the Hyatt’s Hotel walking briskly and heading straight for his destination, he knew exactly who he was looking for.

He entered there dining room and took the first available table that he saw, he was continuously looking for one person. His mouth grew drew into a grim line when he spotted who he had been looking for.

He folded his hands on top of the table waiting to see if he would be the person that would approach the table first. As luck would have it he did.

“Good afternoon welcome to the Hyatt.” Max said with a smile as he filled Jeff’s water glass.

“Hello.” Jeff said as he continued to stare at him.

“Ok what the hell is this guy looking at?” Max thought in his head as he pulled out his order pad ready to take his order.

“What can I get for you?” Max asked trying to not feel creeped out by the way that this man kept staring at him.

“I’ll just have a coffee.” Jeff said as he re-evaluated his plan.

“Sure be right back Sir.” Max said as he shook his head slightly thinking he’s an odd one.

~*~*~*

Max finished his shift a lot later then he expected, he looked at his watch and realized it was almost 12 o’clock. He frowned as he realized it would be too late to see Liz, plus he had to pick Maria and Michael up from the airport bright and early tomorrow morning.

He walked out of the restaurant and couldn’t help but remember the day that he had met Liz.

His hands curled up with anger as he remembered how scared and shaken she had been after, he was lucky that he had been able to help.

He took one last glance out the beautiful beach and headed to his car as he was walking he kept getting the feeling that he was being watched. He dropped his key and quickly looked around and noticed a man in a dark sedan parked just a few feet away from his own car.

He felt his hands begin to tingle and when he looked down he noticed that a green light was traveling from his palm to the tips of his fingers, he quickly got up and placed his hands in his pockets. He got into his car and began to drive away looking over his shoulders every few minutes.

~*~*~

“Shit I think he saw me.” The undercover detective whispered as he placed his cold cup of coffee into the cup holder and decided to not follow Max tonight, after all he didn’t want his jig to be up so quick he was making decent money for this assignment.

~*~*~*

The Next Morning:

Max leaned against a payphone as he waited to see Michael and Maria walk out the plane and into the terminal. A few minutes later a smile showed up on his face as he saw Michael and Maria hand in hand approaching him.

Michael dropped his suitcase down and gave Max a bear hug and almost knocked a lung loose at the thumps he was giving Max’s back.

Maria stood back and couldn’t help but laugh, “Why what is that men had to almost attack each other when showing affection? She thought.

“Well hello gorgeous, how are you doing?” Max asked as he placed a kiss on Maria’s cheek.

“Wonderful now that we are here.” Maria said as Michael put his arm around her shoulders.

“So are you guys ready to be wowed by Hawaii?’ Max asked as he grabbed Maria’s suitcase and began walking towards the exit.

“Oh yes I have several bikini’s and I’m planning on tanning my ass off.” Maria said with a laugh.

“Gotta love those bikinis Maxwell.” Michael said as he winked at Maria.

“Ok so I got the next two days off but then on the third I have to do this important banquet/ball thing so you guys will be on your own that day.” Max said as he reached his Jeep and opened the trunk.

“Sounds good.” Michael said as he put his sunglasses on.

“Man its bright here.” Michael said as he put his suitcase in the trunk.

“I love it; can we go to the beach today?” Maria asked as she got into the car.

“Yeah why not.” Max said as he got into the car he then asked rather sheepishly “Do you mind if I invite a friend of mines to go with us?” He asked.

“Ohhh do you have a girl friend Max?” Maria asked as she leaned forward between the passenger and driver seat.

“Maria.” Michael said as he turned around.

“Oh hush Michael; I can dig into Max’s personal life, that’s what friends are for.” She said as she reached over and pinched Max’s cheek.

Max laughed and said “Well technically she’s not my girlfriend, but I do like her a lot, we’ve been talking for over a month now and I really love just being around here.” Max said as he stopped at a light.

“Aww that’s so sweet, I’d love to meet her.” Maria said with a grin on her face.

“Ok so lets go to my house, get you guys somewhat settled in and I’ll call Liz to see if she can come with us.” Max said.

“Sounds like a plan.” Michael said as he looked out the window and admired the beautiful coast line.”

~*~*~

Liz put the phone down and threw herself face down on her bed. The ball was now 3 days away and she was about to lose it. She rolled over and realized that it was almost 10 in the morning and she still had not eaten a bite, she got up and was about to close the door to her bedroom when she heard her private line ringing.

She turned around and almost decided not to answer, she needed a break from the all the details of the ball but after 3 rings she decided to answer it.

She walked over to her nightstand and picked up the phone.

“Hello.”

“Hey babe, how are you?” Max asked.

“Hey, I’m good how are you?” Liz asked with a smile as she sat down on her bed and began to twist the phone cord around her index finger.

“I’m good, I miss you, it feels like it’s been weeks since we’ve seen each other.” Max said.

Liz smiled as she said “Yeah it feels that way for me too.”

“Well, besides calling to hear your beautiful voice, I wanted to know if you were free today.” Max said as he walked out of his apartment to get some privacy.

Liz looked at her open planner sitting on the bed next to her and bit her lips as she saw the list of details she had to attend to.

“Liz babe you there?” Max asked as he looked at his cell phone making sure that the call hadn’t dropped.

“Yes babe, I’m here, what did you have in mind?” she asked.

“Well remember my friends that I told you were coming in from out of town, well there here and they want to go to the beach so I wanted to know if you wanted to join us.”

“Oh Max I don’t want to intrude on you and your friends.” Liz said with a frown on her face.

“Liz it wouldn’t be intruding, besides I want you to come, I really want to see you.” Max said.

Liz debated for another second and finally slowly shut her organizer and went over to her dresser opened a drawer and pulled out her favorite white bikini.

“Ok Max, where do you want to meet up?” Liz asked.

“Well I can pick you up, its no problem.” He said.

“Oh no really that’s fine, I can meet you at your house, is that all right?” Liz asked.

“OK, well can you be here in an hour?” Max asked.

“I’ll be there babe, see you soon.” Liz said as she put the phone back down on her dresser.

~*~*~

The Whitman home:

Isabel and Alex were both sitting down on the living floor playing with Colin when they heard the doorbell ringing.

“Honey can you get that?” Alex asked as he bent over again to give Colin a raspberry on his little soft tummy.

Isabel laughed as she got up and answered the front door, to her surprise Tommy was standing there almost bouncing from foot to foot.

“Hi Tommy, come in please.” Isabel said as she stepped aside and called Alex.

Alex came out of the living room holding Colin in his arms.

“Hey buddy, how are you?” Alex asked as he handed Isabel the baby.

“I’m great Alex sorry for not calling and just coming by, but we got to talk, this is serious stuff.” Tommy said as he reached into his pocket and pulled some crumbled up papers.

“Ok let’s go to the kitchen then.” Alex said as he looked over at Isabel’s face and gave her a questioning look.

Isabel followed Alex and Tommy into the kitchen and sat down, she looked down at Colin who had fallen asleep in her arms and kissed his forehead as she looked up and saw Tommy and Alex whispering something to each other.

“What’s going on Tommy?” She asked.

“Ok so last night I was cross referencing some information I had on Max and well to make a long story short, I used a public record database, with his social security number and his name I was able to pull up from the IRS where he worked.” Tommy was getting more and more excited as he spoke.

“Tommy, breathe man slow down, what are you saying?” Alex asked as he looked at the papers he had laid on the kitchen table.

“Man I’m saying it leads to Hawaii, I found him, he’s working in Hawaii right now at the Hyatt Resort.” He said in one breathe.

Isabel gasped as what she just heard, her heart was beating so fast that it felt as if it were coming to explode, her hands were shaking she closed her eyes and took a deep breathe before she felt Alex’s arms wrap around her.

“Babe, did you hear that, he found him.” Alex said as he placed a kiss on her temple.

Isabel got up and slowly handed a sleeping Colin to Alex and went over and enveloped Tommy in a huge hug, she kept whispering over and over again thank you.

Tommy returned her hug and said before he left “If you guys need me for anything at all, gimme a call.”

“We will thanks again, for everything we owe you big time.” Alex said as he shook his hand and walked him to the door.

Alex walked into the kitchen and saw Isabel searching the cabinets and drawers like a mad women.

“Babe what are you doing?” He asked.

“I need to find the phone book; we are catching a flight tomorrow morning to Hawaii.” She said picked up a pen and a piece of paper and headed towards the phone.
Last edited by LovinGuerin2Much on Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

A/N: Hello everyone as always I want to say thanks so much for reading my fic. It makes me feel all warm inside... lol

Now to answer to questions real quick... Lizard Queenie asked if Michael and Maria knew about Max's alien-ess (if thats a word?) and the answer is nope they dont but they will. ha

Begonia asked about Max being a alien and the answer is yes, in the first chapter I mentioned it alot and well that was a while ago so I dont blame you if you dont remember... even tho in this fic he is an alien I dont want the story to be about that, thats why I dont write that much about it.....

Anyhoot real quick let me say thanks again tooo.....

cocopucks
Earth2Mama
Smac
FSUMSW94
lizard_queen
Timelord31
begonia9508
Alien614
rigel

~*~*~ Chapter 12 ~*~*~

Liz pulled into the gravel driveway in front of Max’s apartment. She grabbed her beach bag from the passenger seat and stepped out of the car.

She adjusted the Winne the Pooh canvas bag more comfortably onto her shoulder and knocked softly on the door.

Moments later the door opened and a tall brownish blonde haired man opened the door and just stared at her, seconds later a thin blonde pixie looking women pushed him aside and greeted her with a huge hug.

Liz didn’t know wither to laugh or be scared at the bizarre situation she found herself in. Suddenly the women let her go and began dragging her inside the apartment while talking a mile a minute.

“I’m Maria, your Liz right; wow max described you perfectly, thanks so much for coming, I really wanted to meet you.” Maria said as she sat down on the sofa and smiled up at Liz.

Liz laughed and introduced herself. Max then walked into the living room wearing white and blue surfer shorts and a white sleeveless tank top.

“Hi babe, I see you’ve met Maria.” Max said with a smile on his face as he placed a soft kiss on her lips.

Liz returned his kiss and smiled up at him and then looked at Maria and nodded her head.

Michael then came into the living room and plopped down next to Maria placing an arm around her neck.

“That’s Michael, Michael, Liz.” Max said as he winked at Maria who was giving him the thumbs up sign with her hands as Liz turned to say hello to Michael.”

“Ok so since we have all met can we go?” Michael said before Maria plowed her elbow into his stomach.

“Excuse my husband Liz he seems to have gotten a bit addled by the long plane ride.” Maria said as Liz tried to cover her giggle with a cough.

“Everyone ready?” Max asked as he reached out for Liz’s hand.

“Let’s go.” Michael said as he grabbed a mini-cooler by the door.

Maria quickly jumped up and stepped out of the apartment with Michael. Liz began following him out when she felt Max tug on her hand.

She turned around and was quickly in Max’s arms as he placed one hand behind her neck and the other on her waist.

“Hi, have I told you how much I missed you?’ Max whispered against her lips.

“Why no you haven’t, but you can show me.” Liz said with a small smile on her face as she ran her fingers through the slightly curling hair at the nape of his neck.

Max smiled and brought his lips to hers, he softly traced the outline of her mouth with the tip of his tongue, he felt the corners of Liz’s lips turn up with a smile, before he deepened the kiss and was quickly lost in the heat that Liz could so easily stir in him.

Michael walked into the apartment and stopped dead in his tracks as he saw Liz and Max sharing a very private moment, he turned around just as quietly as he came in and went back outside.

“Michael where’s my water?” Maria asked as she placed a hand on her hip.

Michael ran a hand though his hair and mumbled something without looking at Maria.

“I’ll go get it.” She said in an exasperated tone of voice before, then she felt Michaels hand cupping her elbow.

“Baby, Max and Liz are sharing a private moment in there; it was pretty damn embarrassing to witness so I suggest we stay out here till it cools off in there.” Michael said as he emphasized the word private with his eyebrows.

Maria laughed as she noticed that Michael’s face had turned a little bit pink at the mention of his friend and the so called private moment.

Maria wrapped her arms around Michael’s waist and placed a kiss on his chest and whispered “Well later on I’d like to have a private moment of our own.” She looked up at him and gave him a small sexy smile.

Michael grinned and placed a kiss on her forehead, he then heard the apartment door close and looked over his shoulder and saw Max and Liz hand in hand.

“Let’s go.” Max said with a smile as they headed towards the car.

~*~*~ Hawaii Airport ~*~*~

Isabel, Alex and Colin stepped off the plane and quickly headed towards the luggage claim.

Isabel placed a kiss on the babies sleeping forehead before she looked over at Alex and gave him a tired smile.

She hadn’t slept since Tommy had come over to the house yesterday and told her that Max could be working at the Hyatt. She couldn’t contain her excitement but now that she was actually her she felt more scared then she had ever felt in her entire life.

She then felt Alex’s hand gently squeeze the back of her neck; she looked up and smiled at him. Alex winked and placed a soft kiss on her lips, before saying “I’m going to go grab out stuff, be right back.” as he walked off.

Isabel watched him walk off and once again thought how lucky she was, he had been a saint, when she had insisted on coming as soon as possible to Hawaii he hadn’t asked questions, or said that it couldn’t be done, he had planned everything in less then an hour, which was something in itself since she was the one that thrived on organizing and making travel plans.

A few minutes later he was back with there luggage in hand.

“So where are we off to now honey?” Alex asked as he read the signs in the airport looking for a car rental booth.

“Well Colin is going to wake up any moment now, so I was thinking we could check in at the Hyatt and go from there.” Isabel said as she softly rocked the baby back and forth.

“Ok let’s get a car and a map and get outta here.” Alex said as he found the car rental booth and began talking to the women behind the counter.

~*~*~*

“Wow this is beautiful Max; did you say that you work here too?” Maria asked as she sat down Indian style on the blanket they had laid out on the beautiful white sand of the beach.

Max stopped spreading sun tan lotion on Liz’s back as he looked at Maria and nodded. Rubbing the lotion on to Liz’s smooth elegant back was wreaking havoc with his senses. He wished that they were alone somewhere so he could show Liz how beautiful he thought she was. He managed to say that this was a private beach, and also one of the nicest in the world.

Michael who had lain down next to Maria looked back at the hotel and nodded his head. He quickly turned around and sat up grabbing Maria by the waist and lifting her into the air and began jogging towards the beach with a shrieking Maria over his shoulder yelling that she didn’t want to wet her hair.

Liz laughed as she watched Michael jumped into the surf, she could hear both of there laughter from where she and Max were.

Liz then closed her eyes and relaxed as she felt Max’s smooth big hands run along the back of one of her thighs. A small moan escaped before she even noticed.

Max had to bite his lip, Liz had just sounded so sexy, he looked at his hands and noticed a slight green flash run across his index finger, his eyes opened in surprise as he realized that Liz had the power to make him lose his. He almost chuckled before mentally telling himself to cool down.

Liz then turned her head and smiled up at him, Max leaned down a placed a chaste kiss on her lips.

“Are you having fun?”

“Yes this is exactly what I needed, thanks for inviting me.” She said as she sat up.

“Thanks for coming, I really wanted to see you and also introduce you to my friends.” Max said as he looked over and saw Michael and Maria splashing water onto each other.

“There quite a pair.” Liz said affectionately as she followed the line of his vision towards his friends.

“Liz.” Max said in a soft tone of voice.

“Yes Max.” Liz said as she looked over at him and grabbed his hand caressing his hand with her index finger.

“Well I’ve been thinking and well I wanted to run something by you and see what you thought.” He asked as he used his free hand to push a lock of hair that had fallen on his forehead.

“Shoot.” Liz said as she smiled.

“We have been seeing each other for over a month, and I love being around you and well as high school as this sounds I’d like to know if you’d like for our relationship to be permanent.” Max said nervously.

“Max are you asking me to be your girl friend?’ Liz asked him before looking down at there intertwined hands.

“Yes.” Max said as he saw the huge smile break out across her face.

“I’d love to Max; I feel the same way about you.” She said as she looked back up and scooted closer to him.

Max smiled and with his free hand reached out and placed it around the nape of her neck bringing her face closer to his as he gave her a kiss full of passion and hopefully showing her how much he felt for her.

Liz couldn’t contain the feeling of happiness that was blooming in her chest that was the cutest thing anyone had ever said to her.

Soon Michael and Maria came back to the blanket laughing and soaking wet.

Michael opened the cooler and opened a ice cold soda, offering one to Maria before opening his own.

Maria shook her head and stared at Liz and Max who both seemed to have stars in there eyes.

“Max, Liz come on, lets go play chicken.” Michael said as he crouched down next to Maria.

Max looked at Liz and nodded then got up pulling Liz along with him.

Soon there were in the water, Maria on Michael’s shoulders and Liz on Max’s the next hour was spent dunking, laughing and having a great time.

~*~*~*~

The Parker Manor:

Jeff looked up from the pile of papers on his desk and called out “Come in.”

The maid quietly told him that he had someone wanting to speak to him regarding a private manner.

Jeff nodded and asked her to send them in. Moments later his private detective came in with a frown on his face.

“What are you doing here?” Jeff asked with a surprised look on his face.

“Well I’m here to tell you that I’m done with this job, that boy is nothing if not predictable, he goes to work, he comes home and he see’s your daughter there’s not one illegal thing that he’s done and frankly I think it’s a waste of my time” He said as he laid a receipt for his hours that he had put in on Jeff’s desk.

“I see so then he’s a saint.” Jeff said sarcastically as he picked up the bill and examined it.

“No ones a saint, if you’ll give me my fee I’d be happy to be on my way.” He said in a sarcastic tone of his own.

Jeff took out his wallet and took out 8 crisp one hundred dollar bills and laid them on the table.

The private investigator counted it and without another word walked out of the office.

Jeff drummed his fingers on his desk top as he thought that he’d have to get a bit more personal with Max Evans.

~*~*~*~

Max slipped on his tank top and said, “We’ll be right back ladies, I want to show Michael the bar.” Max said as he winked at Liz and began walking towards the hotel with Michael in tow.

Maria watched them walk away and smiled, it was nice to see Michael’s interaction with Max, and Max seemed to be the happiest that she had ever seen, now it was time to get serious with Liz.

“So Liz what are your intentions with Max?” She said as she slipped her sunglasses farther down her nose, looking at Liz over the rim.

Liz couldn’t help but laugh, a few seconds later Maria’s laughter joined her own.

“Ok I’m kidding but he is great isn’t he?” Maria said as she slipped her sunglasses back up.

“I really like him Maria; he’s everything that I’ve ever wanted and more.” Liz said with a smile on her face.

“Yeah well speaking seriously here for a minute Liz, I see Max as my family, I’m sure that you know about his past and the fact that he’s an orphan.” Maria said seriously never breaking eye contact with Liz.

Liz nodded as Maria began to speak again “And well, I just don’t want him to get hurt, I’ve never seen him as happy, and I know that a lot of that has to do with you.”

“Maria, trust me I care about him a lot and want nothing more from him then what he is.” Liz said as she reached out and patted Maria’s hand.

“Ok so is there any reason why you haven’t told him that your father is a multi-million dollar man?” Maria asked.

Liz gasped, and withdrew her hand

“How-how do you know that?” Liz asked as nervously.

“I’ve seen your pictures in some fashion magazines, and well I wasn’t quite sure but I guess I have my answer now.” Maria said before reaching out a friendly hand to Liz.

“Listen whatever reasons you have for not telling Max who you are, I’m sure are justified but if there is one thing that is very hard to get back from Max once you’ve broken it, is trust and seems to be that the sooner you tell him the better.” Maria said in a serious tone of voice before opening the cooler and getting Liz a soda.

Liz couldn’t talk past the lump in her throat suddenly what Maria just said really scared her, what if there was a chance that she could lose Max for not telling him everything. She would tell him tonight, she wanted to wait till after the ball but she couldn’t take that chance anymore.

Maria snapped her fingers in front of Liz’s face and said “Hello, you were gone for a minute there, I said do you want to go for a swim?”

“Sure Maria, and I am going to talk to him tonight so if you could please not say anything, I’d really appreciate it.” Liz said as she got up and wiped some sand off of her hands.

“No problem chica, lets go swimming.”

Inside the Hyatt:

“Yes the 2 bedroom suite would be fine.” Alex said as he handed his credit card to the women at the check in desk. He turned his head and saw that Isabel had sat down with Colin on one of the many couches in the lobby waiting for him to check in and get the room key.

Isabel was staring at Colin who was still sleeping in her arms, she ran her index finer down his soft little cheek and smiled when he smiled in his sleep. All of sudden Isabel felt a chill begin to run through her body, the hair on her arms began to stand up with a longing so deep that it made her chest hurt.

She heard a man’s voice that was so familiar yet not. She slowly got up from the sofa and scanned the lobby, what was this that she was feeling, why did she hear a roaring in her ears? She followed the voice that seemed to be guiding her.

She held Colin to her chest and began to walk towards a long corridor that led to an employee entrance. She had no idea were she was going but the feeling was getting stronger the closer she got to the double doors that was for employees only.

She went to open the door when all of a sudden someone asked behind her “Can I help you Miss?”

Isabel jumped and instinctively held the baby closer to her chest.

“I-I was just looking for the rest room.” She mumbled realizing the feeling she was having a moment ago had vanished as she looked at the employee of the hotel.

“Right that way Miss.” He said as he pointed in the direction that she had come from.

“Thank you.” She said with a shaky smile as she looked back at the double doors of the kitchen.

As she began to walk away she quickly turned around and rushed back to the man that had stopped her.

“Do you know a Max Evans that works here?” She asked.

“I’m sorry only been working here about a week, don’t really know everyone yet.” The man said as he shrugged his shoulders and walked into the kitchen leaving only the door swinging back and forth and leaving Isabel feeling as if maybe this wasn’t going to be so easy after all.
Last edited by LovinGuerin2Much on Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

A/N: Hi guys... I'm back with the next chapter... I'm so sorry that its taken so long.. my computer is still broken so I have to hand write everything then type it up at work... I finished writing my other fic so this fic is now my TOP priority.. and I have been writing like a maniac for it. hehe

Thanks to everyone for the greet feedback and support it really means alot... a very quick thank you to....

FSUMSW94-
begonia9508
Timelord31
Emz80m
icequeen
RASaero611
Smac
Alien614
kismet
Spacegal17
lizard_queen
Earth2Mama
Innocent Eyes
cherie

Last but not least any lurkers *waves*

Chapter 13:

As Liz said goodbye to Maria and Michael Max waited outside his apartment.

He leaned against his jeep and crossed his arms across his chest as he waited for her.

Moments later Liz came out and Max grinned as he noticed her Winnie the Pooh Bag.

“Big Pooh fan I see.” Max asked as he grabbed her gently by the waist and wrapped his arms around her bringing her face inches from his own.

As I looked up at him I drank in the way that the moonlight shone on his face, the way the breeze played with his hair making it fall over his forehead in a way I know he hates, as I stared into his eyes I realized that my feelings for him had grown faster then I had ever expected.

“I’m falling in love with him.” She thought as placed her forehead against his chest and bit her lower lip…….. a small smile played across her face.

Max placed his forehead on the top of her head softly as he said “I personally like Tigger better.”

Liz laughed as she pulled back and placed a soft kiss on his lips. “I need to tell him about who I am I can’t risk losing him.” She thought.

“What are you thinking about babe, you look like you’re a million miles away.” Max asked as he used his index finger to smooth out the frown on her face.

“Max we need to talk about something” I gotta do it, take the bull by the horns Parker.

“Ok?” Max asked uneasily as Michael walked outside and called out for him.

“Can you hold on a second Michael, I’ll be right there.” Max called out.

“Max it’s important.” Michael said as he ran a jerky hand through his hair.

“Sorry Liz, hold that thought.. Be right back.” Max said as he jogged up the driveway over to Michael.

Liz took in a deep breathe of relief at finally being able to tell him who she was, knowing that he wasn’t after her for her fathers money, he had proved it… I can tell him who I am now, as soon as he comes back... no more secrets” She thought while she hugged herself a strong breeze flew by.

She looked over her shoulder at Max and he was still talking to Michael… she saw him laugh then his facial expression got very serious.

“This cant be good.” She thought as she rushed up the driveway back to Max’s apartment completely forgetting about the talk they were supposed to have.

45 Minutes Earlier:

“Gavin is finally asleep.” Alex said as he tip toed out of the hotel bedroom and into the separate living room area.

Isabel smiled up at Alex from her position on the sofa, “Thanks for putting him to bed honey.” She said as she motioned for him to sit down next to her.

As soon as he sat down he placed an arm around her waist as she laid her head on his chest and cuddled closer to him.

“Were a lot closer then we were yesterday Izzy, everything is going to be fine... You’ll see.” Alex said as he laid his cheek on the top of her head.

“I just feel like I should be doing something right now.” Isabel said as she exhaled deeply.

“Well then why don’t you go downstairs and ask around, see if anyone else knows him.” Alex said as he placed his feet on top of the coffee table, crossing them at the ankles.

“Ok, I’m going to start in the lobby.” Isabel said as she grabbed his face between her palms and placed a quick kiss on his lips.

“I love you, and thanks.” Isabel said as she slipped her shoes on picked up her credit card key and rushed out the door.

As she walked down the long hallway to get to the elevator a feeling of hope began to bloom in her chest “I’ve come this far, I am going to find him.” She thought as she got into the elevator and hit the ground floor button.

When she stepped out of the elevator an idea occurred to her.

“I couldn’t do that, could I… no I could get caught then how the hell am I going to explain myself… but it’s the easiest way.. I’m doing it.” She thought as she walked passed the check in desk and down a long corridor that had a sign marked employees only.

Isabel wrung her hands together as she looked over her shoulder ,she continued to down the corridor hoping that she found what she was looking for.

“A-ha.” She thought as she looked around again and placed her palm over the door knob of the office that read “Human resources.

A faint yellow light glowed from her palm as she heard a soft click and then felt the doorknob turning.

“Bingo” Isabel smiled as she softly closed the door behind her locking it manually.

Isabel looked around the office a bit before she saw that in the corner there was a long filing cabinet “Let’s hope that everything isn’t computerized.”

The front of every drawer was labeled alphabetically; please let me find something.” She prayed as she opened the drawer marked A-E and began meticulously flipping through each file the files.

Her heard beat accelerated as she saw a file marked M. Evans, she pulled it out and went to stand by the window where some moonlight was filtering through the curtain, tears began to slide down her cheeks as she read through the information and saw a copy of his employee badge there was also a grainy black and white picture…. it was him.

She frantically wiped the tears off her face as she shut the cabinet door and rushed towards the door... she stopped in her tracks as she saw the phone sitting on the desk.

Before she could even think about it she sat down and opened the file, frantically looking for the resume she had gotten a glimpse of before.

She found it, took a deep breathe and dialed the phone number listed in his paperwork. She was surprised when she heard a deep voice on the other line.

“Hello.” The voice said.

“Ahh...” Isabel couldn’t talk past the lump in her throat.

“Hello I can hear you breathing HELLO.” Michael said as he looked over at Maria who kept whispering who is it.

“Hello is there a Max Evans at this number?” Isabel said as she grabbed a Kleenex out of the box that was sitting on the desk and dabbed at her eyes and nose.

“Yea there is who is this?” Michael asked as turned around and looked out the living room window; he saw Max was outside talking to Liz, he thought “If this is a chick calling for him it’s totally not the right time.”

“My name is Isabel Whitman It’s really important that I talk to him please.” Isabel said as she thought she heard a voices coming from outside the office. She quickly sat down on the floor next to the desk bringing the phone down with her.

“Sorry he’s busy right now, call him back later.” Michael said as he went to hang up the phone but heard the women on the other line scream no.

“Listen to me please……. I’m his sister I need to talk to him right now.” Isabel said as she broke down crying.

“Ok I think that you seriously have the wrong person….. Max doesn’t have a sister goodbye.” Michael said as he hung up.

“What the hell was that about?” Maria asked as she got up from the sofa to stand next to Michael.

“Some lady saying that she’s Max’s sister.” Michael said as he grabbed his forehead between his thumb and index finger.

“And you just hung up on her Michael!” Maria said as she swatted the back of his head with her palm.

“Ouch what was I supposed to do!?” Michael grumbled as he rubbed the back of his head.

“Go out there and tell Max what happened.” Maria said as she followed him to the front door.

“Ok but I’m telling you its too weird.” Michael said as he called out to Max that was still outside to Liz.

Isabel tried to calmly walk down the corridor with the file hidden under her blouse, “Ok almost to the end of the hall then to the elevator and I’m home free.” It felt as if every single person she passed knew that she did something wrong.

Moments later she was at her hotel room and couldn’t get the damn card key into the slot because her hands were shaking so bad.

The door flew open before she could get it.

Alex took one look at Isabel and quickly ushered her into the room sitting her down on the sofa.

“What happened?” Alex asked as he noticed the dried tear stains on her cheeks.

Isabel didn’t answer but she did pull the file out from under her blouse and handed it to him.

Alex cocked one eyebrow up in confusion before he opened it and saw what it was; his mouth formed an O of surprise.

“Izzy how... I mean what…?” Alex sputtered as he brought the same picture that Isabel had seen out of the file and stared at it closer.

“Wow you do work quickly.” Alex said as he laughed.

Isabel nodded as she got up and grabbed the telephone directory that was beside the phone.

“Honey what are you doing?” Alex asked.

“Alex I have to go to his address, see I called and I spoke to someone I don’t know who he was he told me there’s a Max Evans that lives at the address that’s in that folder, he wouldn’t put him on so I’m going.” Isabel said as she continued searching for a Taxi company phone number.

Alex got up from his seat on the sofa and placed his hand on the back of her neck “Babe I don’t want you to go by yourself, you have no idea where this place is.” Alex said as he squeezed gently.

“I know but I cant wait until tomorrow I’ve been waiting my entire life for this moment and I’m so.. so close..” Isabel said as her voice broke.

“Ok we’ll go right now all of us.” Alex said as he grabbed his jacket off the sofa and went to get Colin.

Isabel laughed as she dialed the number for the Taxi cab company

“Yes I need a Taxi I’m staying at the Hyatt.” Isabel said into the telephone as Alex came out of the room holding there sleeping son in his arms.

Present Moment:

“Michael are you sure that she said she was my sister?” Max asked for the 15th time.

“Dude she said sister and I said that you don’t have any family.” Michael said as he kicked a pebble off the porch.

Max sat back in the green lawn chair and laced both hands behind his neck.

“Max maybe it’s just a coincidence.” Liz said as she sat down on the last step of the porch.

“Yeah but it’s strange you know to get a call like that and I don’t know I just feel weird now.” Max said as he’s shook his head.

“I’m sorry Max I shouldn’t have hung up, I should have called.” Michael said as he pinched the bridge of his nose with his index finger and thumb.

“It’s all right there’s nothing else I can do but see if she calls back and maybe we can get this thing straightened out.” Max said as he got up and reached for Liz’s hand.

“I know you have to work tomorrow Liz let me walk you to your car.” Max said as he placed a kiss on the center of her forehead and began walking down the steps.

As they reached her car Liz stopped and placed her arms around his waist.

“Oh Liz what did you want to talk to me about?” Max asked as he used his index finger to bring her chin up.

“Max we can talk about it later….” Liz said before the headlights of a car shone bright lights on them.

“It’s a Taxi.” Liz said as she looked back at the car then towards Max.

She saw his eyes narrow as his face took on a look of deep concentration.

Liz turned around again and saw a women getting out of the car with a small baby in her arms.

TBC
Last edited by LovinGuerin2Much on Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

A/N: Hey guys thanks so much for the great feedback, it feels amazing to know that you guys are reading and liking it.. lol.. Good news I got a new computer so thankfully I can stop writing everything by hand first... lol.. and it wont be so long in between chapters even though we are getting close to end... anyhoot thanks again to everyone.

::: Disclaimer this part is rated ADULT :::

FSUMSW94
taressa05.
Grace52373
Timelord31
Innocent Eyes
lizard_queen
RASaero611
cherie
OmegaRam1
Emz80m
begonia9508
Sternbetrachter
Ellie
Earth2Mama
Smac
icequeen
Lady_vixen
Alien614
Evans3
rigel
kismet
and to any lurkers *waves*

Chap 14:

“I can’t breathe, why does my chest feel so tight” Max thought as he stared at the women that got out of the taxi; why does she look so familiar?

*Flashback*

“Higher Max, push me to the sky.” the little girl giggled as he pushed her harder just to hear her laugh.

Max closed his eyes and shook his head “Where the hell had that come from, I only see that little girl in my dreams.”

The women stood just outside the door of the cab, a man then stepped out of the cab as well and took the sleeping baby out of her arms.

“Izzy you can do this, one step at a time.” Alex whispered into Isabel’s ear as he bounced the baby in his arms softly.

Isabel nodded and tried to swallow past the huge lump in her throat, she took a step forward as she made eye contact with Max.

“Max do you know who that is?” Liz whispered as she saw the women coming closer.

“I-I don’t know Liz.” Max whispered as a memory surfaced into his mind and he felt his knees go weak.

**Flashback**

“No you can’t take her let me go!” the dark haired little boy yelled as he watched one of the Nuns from the church pack his sister’s teddy bear and favorite story book.

“Max this is for the best you might not understand now but you will when you grow up.” The nun said as she grabbed Max by his shoulders and didn’t let him go.

“Max where we going to?” The 3 year old little blonde haired girl in long pigtails asked as she stuck her thumb in her mouth and moved closer to him.

“I wanna say bye.” The little boy demanded as he shrugged his shoulders loose from the nun’s grasp.

The little boy bent down to eye level and said “Izzy bear you have to go with Sister Mary, she’s going to take you some place new and fun.”

The nun blinked back her tears at seeing just how grown up this boy was, too grown up to have to deal with something like this.

Little Isabel shook her head no making her pigtails sway. “Don’t wanna go.” She said as she frowned and continued to nod hear head no.

The nun then gently laid her hand on Isabel’s shoulder turning her to the door.

“Noooooo!” the little girl yelled as she stomped her feet and held her hand out to her brother.

Max bit his lower lip as he watched his sister being dragged away, his little shoulders shook with emotion as tears filled his eyes.

“I’ll see you again I promise ok.” He yelled.

Little Isabel continued to cry as she looked over her shoulder and said through her sobs “I lo-love yo-you Max.”

**End of Flashback**

“Max did you hear me?” Liz asked she placed her hand on Max’s forearm.

Just then Isabel reached both Max and Liz; she smiled as she wrung her hands together in front of her.

Max felt as if a puzzle was coming together in his mind “how could I have forgotten her.” He thought.

“Max my name is…” Isabel said before Max interrupted her and said “Izzy bear.”

Isabel laughed through her tears as she rushed over and wrapped her arms around her brother’s waist.

Liz took a step back knowing that something very important was happening.

Isabel closed her eyes a rush of emotion passed through her she had found him finally.

Max hugged her back as memories continued to rush him.

“Max you remember me?” Isabel asked as she let him go and wiped tears from cheeks.

“I remember some things….. a lot of it is coming to me right now.” Max said as he stared at the tall dark haired man holding a baby.

“I’m Alex Whitman, this is here is Colin and you must be Max.” Alex said with a smile as he shifted the baby to his other arm and stretched out his other hand.

Max shook his hand all the while feeling as if everything was so surreal, as if any moment now he would wake up.

“Let’s go inside we have a lot to talk about.” He said as he placed an arm around his sister’s shoulders.

~*~*~

“Michael I just can’t believe it, can you believe it I mean imagine having family and you had no clue, then bam one day the show up its just amazing.” Maria said in one breathe as she opened Max’s refrigerator and took out 2 beers handing one to Michael and keeping one for herself.

“I know now I feel super shitty for hanging up on her.” Michael said as he opened the bottle and took a long swig.

Just then Liz came into the kitchen.

“I just wanted some water.” Liz said as she stopped in the door way.

Michael opened the fridge again and took out bottled water tossing it to Liz.

“Thanks.” Liz said as she fiddled with the top.

Maria then stepped up putting an arm around her shoulders.

“Are you ok babe?” Maria asked.

“Yeah I’m fine, I just feel like I’m intruding is that stupid of me?” Liz said as she frowned.

“Listen girlfriend, it’s not stupid, Hell I feel as if I shouldn’t be here either, it’s almost like sacred.” Maria said as she emphasized the sacred making Liz laugh.

“Yeah well it’s almost 11, I’m going to go.” Liz said as she thanked Maria for the talk and stepped out of the kitchen.

As she entered the living room she smiled as she saw Max cuddling his sister’s baby in his lap.

~*~*~

“Max there’s so many things that I want to ask you.” Isabel asked as she sat down next to her brother and held onto his hand.

“I feel the same way, I mean I didn’t know that you were even real, since I was a kid I had these dreams of a little girl but I had no idea why.” Max said as he tried to come to terms with the fact that he had a sister, that he wasn’t alone anymore.

“Did you know about me, I mean about us being separated?” Max asked as he held the baby closer to his chest.

“No I didn’t know about you but I’ve know for a long time that something was missing, and I was right.” Isabel said as she pressed her lips together in an effort to keep from crying again.

“So how did you find out about me and find out where I am?” Max asked.

“Well I have a friend that’s really into computers and Isabel is very persistent.” Alex said as he placed a hand on Isabel’s knee.

“Wow this is just amazing, I feel like I can’t even process this…it’s like I blocked my past out.” Max said as he shook his head in wonder.

Liz then came into the living room.

“Excuse me but I really should be going, it was great meeting you all.” Liz said as she grabbed her purse off the sofa.

“It was great meeting you too Liz.” Isabel said as she smiled.

Max got up and whispered something to Liz before he turned around and told Isabel that he was going to walk Liz to her car.

Alex got up and took the baby out of his arms.

“Liz thanks so much for being here with me tonight.” Max said as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

“Max please I’m so happy for you, this is really amazing.” Liz said as she placed an arm around his hip.

“Thanks babe oh that reminds me… you were going to tell me something before what was it?” Max asked as they approached the car.

“Max you have your sister in there waiting for you; we can talk about it later.” Liz said as she took her car keys out of her pocket. "Theres no way I'm going to tell him everything now." She thought.

“Ok can I see you tomorrow night, just you and me?” Max asked as he opened the car door.

“Eight o’clock sound ok?” Liz asked.

“Perfect, we’ll meet up here.” Max said as he placed a hand on either side of the roof of the car trapping Liz in the middle.

His face lowered down to hers in a sweet kiss.

Liz held back a little sigh as Max’s lips and tongue caressed hers making her feel tingles all over her body.

Max took a step back with a dreamy expression on his face that matched Liz’s, the both started laughing as he hugged her again placing his chin on the top of her head.

“Ok see you tomorrow, have fun with your sister.” Liz said as Max let her go, she sat down and Max closed the door for her.

Liz waved as she pulled away.

Max placed both hands in his pocket before heading back inside to be with his sister, the word sister making a huge smile appear on his face.

~*~*~

Liz crept quietly into the house trying to not wake up her father and have to answer a million questions.

As she shut the front door the hallway light came on making her momentarily close her eyes against the bright light.

“What a wonderful time to be getting home Elizabeth, have you forgotten that you have responsibilities?” Jeff asked as he tied the belt of his robe tighter around his waist.

“I know what time it is, but last time I checked I wasn’t a child.” Liz said as she tried to walk by him and up the stairs.

“Don’t take that tone with me; I was worried it’s almost 12 Elizabeth.” Jeff said as he stepped in front of her.

Liz sighed as she looked up at him she tried to remain calm and not let him upset her.

“In 3 days we are going to throw the biggest charity ball that this island has ever seen, our names are at stake here… I don’t want anything to go wrong because of your negligence.” Jeff said as he stepped sideways to let her pass.

“Dad I have it covered and I know that this party is my responsibility and everything will be fine.” Liz said as she made her way past him and upstairs to her room.

Jeff watched her go all the while thinking “Yes everything will be fine soon.”

~*~*~*

“Honey I’m going to go get the baby.” Alex said to Isabel as he got up and went into Max’s room where he had laid the baby down to sleep.

Isabel watched him go then turned back to her brother a huge grin came to her face, Max smiled back.

“Max it’s really late, I’m going to go.” Isabel said as she checked the time on her watch.

“I’d ask you to stay but since Michael and Maria are here… Can we meet up at the hotel tomorrow?” Max said.

“Yeah come by whenever ok.” Isabel said as she got up, Max then stood up as well... He wrapped his arms around her shoulders as he kissed the top of her head.

Isabel closed her eyes as she returned the hug…. suddenly the same image that Max had earlier of her as a little girl being taken by the nun began to flood her vision.

“Are you ok?” Max asked as he felt her shoulders shake.

“Nothing I’m ok, just happy that’s all.” Isabel said as she took a step back, Alex then entered the room.

“You ready honey?” Alex asked as he held there son in his arms.

“Yea Max is coming to the hotel tomorrow.” Isabel said as she grabbed the baby bag and her purse.

“Great we’re staying at the Hyatt.” Alex said as he shook Max’s hand.

“All right we’ll I’m dropping you guys off at the hotel… I actually work there you know.” Max said as he grabbed his keys off the coffee table.

“Yea we know, but I’ll let Isabel tell you that story later.” Alex said as he winked at Isabel remembering her breaking and entering just a short while ago.

Isabel stuck her tounge out at Alex before she said “Max it’s late really we’ll call a cab.”

“Come on you guys are family, I’m taking you.” Max said with a smile as he opened the front door and held his palm up towards the open door.

Isabel laughed as she followed Alex out, a feeling of contempment blooming in her chest.

~*~*~

“Hey you’re early.” Max said as he met Liz by her car outside his front door.

“Yeah I thought that maybe you’d be back.” Liz said as wrapped her arms around his waist.

“Actually I just left the hotel, I spent the whole day with my family, it feels so great to say that.” Max said as he smiled from ear to ear.

“I bet.” Liz said as she waved at Maria who was standing at the front door.

“You ready?” Max asked as he opened the driver side if his jeep.

“Yeah babe.” Liz said as she went to open the door but had to step aside as Max rushed to open the door for her.

“Ok so where are we going?” Liz asked as Max pulled out of the driveway.

“It’s a surprise.” Max said as continued driving.

Liz laughed as she saw the mischief on his face.

They drove for 15 more minutes before Max made her close her eyes, then the road started to get very bumpy.

“Don’t peak were almost there.” Max said as he stopped the car.

“I swear I’m not peeking Max.”

“Ok DON’T open your eyes, I’ll be back for you in 2 minutes.” Max said as he then placed a quick kiss on her lips, Liz then heard the car door open then shut.

A few moments passed before Max came back and opened the door for her grabbing her hands as he told her not to open her eyes yet.

Liz immediately felt a strong breeze whip at her hair, the black gypsy skirt she was wearing floated along with the wind.

“Ok you can open them.” Max said as he linked his fingers through her own.

Liz opened her eyes and her mouth formed an “O” of surprise….. he had taken her to a cliff top over looking the ocean.

The sounds of the ocean and the smell of the salty sea air made her feel so relaxed, she turned her face and saw a white and red checkered blanket had been set out and a picnic basket was lying on top along with 2 wineglasses.

“Max this is so beautiful.” Liz said as she bit her lower lip and felt her eyes begin to water.

“I come here all the time to think and I thought that you would appreciate this spot as much as I do.” Max said as he lead her towards the blanket.

“I love it and I love you.” Liz said as brought the palms of her hands up his chest and around his neck placing a long passionate kiss on his lips.

“I love you too.” Max said as he kissed her back with all the feelings that she brought out in him.

As they kissed Max hands roamed her back his fingers slid up and under her white tank top.

Max couldn’t hold back the groan as he realized she wasn’t wearing a bra the smooth creamy feel of her back made his knees feel weak.

Before Liz knew it she and Max were face to face on there knees on top of the blanket, there tongues rubbing and teasing each others.

Liz moaned softly into his mouth when she felt his warm palm caress her breast, bringing her nipple into a painful point.

“Max please don’t stop, that feels so good.” Liz moaned as she trailed kissed down the side of his neck.

Max’s breathing became heavier as he felt Liz hands work there way down his chest, before he knew it she had her hand under his shirt and was running her nails over his chest.

“Liz.” Max groaned as he felt her small delicate hands caressing his manhood over his jeans.

“Max please don’t say stop, I want you to touch me.” Liz said as she looked at his with eyes filled with desire.

“I don’t have any protection Liz.” Max said as he palmed her ass before giving it a squeeze.

“In my purse, I have one.” Liz said as she looked into his eyes.

“Are you sure?” Max asked as he brought his palm to her cheek and bought her face closer to his.

“Yes I’m sure.” Liz said before she turned around and unzipped her purse pulling a condom out, she went to hand it to him when he shook his head.

“I’m no where ready to put that on yet.” He said with a sexy grin before he brought his hand to the back of her neck and began to trace her lips with the tip of his tongue.

Max began to play with one taunt pink nipple as Liz’s whimpers of pleasure caused his mouth to go dry with desire, he lowered his mouth down and began to suckle her rosy hard nipple.

Liz continued to rake her nails across his chest while he switched his attentions to her other breast using his teeth and tongue to caress her.

Liz could feel a warmth traveling down her body that was making her throb in need, the need to taste him and touch him was becoming unbearable.

Max meanwhile had lowered her skirt and was using his index and middle finger to lightly run up and down her slit over her panties.

Liz arched her back as Max’s fingers created a fire in her blood.

“Max god this feels so good.” Liz moaned as he laid her down on the blanket.

Max smiled as he brought his lips back to hers and began to place small kisses all over her face and cheeks as he worked his way under her panties.

He bit his lower lip as he felt just how wet and tight she was as he started plunging his middle finger in and out of her in a steady rhythm.

Liz pouted as he abruptly stood up and removed his clothing, her eyes couldn’t help but take in his beautiful body and his thick manhood bathed in the bright moonlight.

She quickly took her shirt off and laid back down when he turned around she noticed that he had put on the condom.

Max came back down to her and softly grabbed both of knees as he spread her legs apart and placed the tip of his cock in the opening of her body.

Liz could feel her body begging for release as he teased her clit with the tip of his cock; she wrapped one leg around his waist when she began to feel him sliding into her in small steady pumps.

She couldn’t hold back the groan of pain she felt at trying to accept his size into her much smaller one.

“Baby are you ok?” Max asked when he noticed her body tense.

“Yea I'm ok don’t stop Max.” Liz whispered as she pulled his face down to hers and bit and laved his lower lip as she began to rock her hips ever so slowly.

Max kissed her back fiercely as he began to thrust in and out of her wetness.

“Liz you feel so hot and wet does it feel good?” Max asked as he thrust a littler harder inside of her.

“Yes, I love it.” Liz cried as she dug her nails into his shoulders.

“Tell me you want it baby.” Max whispered as he gently bit the fleshy part between her neck and shoulder.

“I want it ... I’m gonna cum, cum with me Max.” Liz pleaded as she felt herself squeezing Max’s hot throbbing manhood inside of her.

Max watched the way her breasts bounced with each thrust, the way her face took on a far away expression and he knew that he couldn’t hold it any longer, he pumped once, twice and with a groan he spilled himself inside of her as she reached her peak at the same time.

“Babe.” Max panted as he collapsed on top of her while still trying to hold his weight off of her with his elbows.

“Yes Max?” Liz managed to get out as she tried to take in a deep breathe of air.

“I love you.” He then grabbed her face between both of his palms and rained kisses all over her face.

Liz laughed as she let the warmth and happiness of the moment wash over her.

~*~*~

As Liz and Max pulled up to his apartment Max turned the car off and turned to face Liz.

Liz looked over at him with a shy smile on her face.

“That was amazing Liz.” Max said as he reached over and grabbed her hand off of her lap.

“Yeah that was something.” Liz said as a blush began to appear on her cheeks.

Max laughed as he reached over and kissed her softly on her forehead.

“So tomorrow I asked my sister and her family to come over, I wanted to have a little dinner party when I get out of work, I was hoping that you’d come.” Max asked as he tucked a strand of loose hair behind Liz’s ear.

“Max I’m going to be really busy tomorrow… I have this really big work thing going on.” Liz said as she frowned as she thought about all the last minute details that she had to attend to before the ball.

“Well are you going to eat tomorrow?” Max asked seriously.

“Umm yeah.” Liz said as she laughed.

“Ok so come here and have some food then go back to work.” Max said as he pasted a cheesy smile on his face.

“That sounds like it could work.” Liz said as she nodded her head.

“Then it’s a date.” Max said as he reached over and opened her car door.

Max kissed her once more before she got into her car, he watched as she drove away with a smile on his face.

As Liz drove away she was lost in thought, thinking about everything that had happened tonight, thinking back on how it all began when it hit her that she didn’t have the talk with him that she was supposed to have.

"Shit…. ok so first thing I do when I go to his house tomorrow is tell him, come hell or high water.” She thought as she continued driving home never noticing the car that pulled out behind her with its lights off.
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

A/N: Hey guys I'm back with the next chapter.. thanks as always for reading and leaving such great feed back.. I appreciate it.. We are getting pretty close to the end now...and I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it.. lol.. thanks again.

Taressa05- thanks so much for the feedback, Im glad that you like the reunion.. hope you like the next chapter and that it answers some questions.

Earth2Mama- Yea Jeff has some issues when it comes to his only daughter... Thanks for the feedback. as always

FSUMSW94- Thank you for the feedback, hope the next chapter answers some questions.

Begonia9508-Im glad that you like the reunion, thanks for the feedback too.

Cherie- I’m so glad that you like the reunion and the nookie.. lol... hope you like the next part.

flyawayraven- You brought up a really good point.. he hasn’t told her about who he is so... lets see what happens, thanks for reading!

Timelord31- I'm glad you like this part, thank you for the feedback.

Icequeen- Thanks for the feed back…. And all your support as always. ::hugs::

Kismet- Thanks for reading..and for the encouraging feedback.

Rigel- I’m glad that you like the reunion, and thanks for reading.

and to the lurkers if I have any.. lol ::waves::

<center>Chapter 15</center>

“So I want the tables to be facing the stage, and there has to be space for people to be able to walk around and mingle.” Liz said as she walked through the humangous empty ballroom with the party coordinator.

“That is going to work perfectly Ms. Parker and can I mention again how wonderful it is to be working for someone of your stature.” She said while pasting an over bleached smile on her face and placing a perfectly manicured hand on her neck.

Liz nodded as she thought “Ok she’s strange.”

Liz was making her way back to the hotel kitchen when her cell phone went off she looked at the caller ID she saw that it was her father.

Great just what I needed. “Hello.” Liz said as she continued walking down the hallway.

“Elizabeth there’s something that I would like to discuss with you; will you be home at around seven?” Jeff asked as he inspected his nails while sitting back in his leather office chair.

“Actually dad I’m really busy with everything for the ball so I don’t know when I’ll be home.” Plus I’m supposed to be meeting Max later but of course I'm not going to tell him that.

“This is really important Elizabeth, I’ll see you later, goodbye.” He said as he immediately hung up.

Before she could even think about her father’s odd behavior the head chef came screeching out of the kitchen.

“I can’t do this Ms. Parker I am not used to working under these conditions.” The heavy set chef said as he pulled his apron off and threw it down on the floor angrily.

“Ok Franz please talk to me, what’s going on?” Liz said as she placed a hand on the temperamental chefs back.

“I can not cook my masterpieces with out the best possible ingredients, I Madam am a Master Chef!” he said passionately in a heavily French accented voice his chest heaving as he took in deep breaths.

“Just tell me what you need and I will do whatever is necessary.” Liz said as she patted him on the back trying to calm him down.

“Is that right? Are you going to fly to Maine and get me the finest lobster tails available?” he took a white handkerchief and mopped his sweating brow.

“Umm I can’t do that, what’s wrong with the ones that the hotel provided?” Liz asked.

“How dare you ask me what is wrong with the ones that were provided….. it looks Ms. Parker as if they came from Red Lobster!” He said obviously offended.

“I like Red Lobster.” Liz said innocently.

“That is it I quit, I can not work for such amateurs!” he said as he turned around ready to storm out of the hotel.

Liz’s eyes rounded in shock “You can’t quit the ball is tomorrow!”

“Read my lips, goodbye!” The chef said before he turned around and left with out a backwards glance.

Liz placed both of her palms on her cheeks “This cant be happening, how am I going to find someone to cook for over 500 people in less then 24 hours.” she groaned.

“Ms. Parker I’ll get some one here in no time, I have this under control.” the assistant coordinator said as she pulled out her cell phone and began barking orders into the phone.

Liz was about to head outside to get a breath of fresh air when the hotel manager came in with a not to happy facial expression.

“Oh god what, what happened now?” Liz asked, a look of dread on her face.

“Well it seems that the band had a slight problem, the vocalist has come down with laryngitis.” He said while he straightened his already straight tie.

“Great, just great.” She crossed her arms over her chest and thought this is going to be one hell of a day.

~*~*~

“Isabel get closer to Alex ....ok perfect...say cheese.” Maria said as she snapped a picture of Max and his new family.

“Thanks Maria.” Isabel said as Maria handed her back her camera.

“Max is Liz coming to dinner?” Isabel asked as she arranged the plates and forks on the dining room table.

“Umm actually I’m not sure; she said she was going to be really busy today with work stuff but she was going to try to swing by.” Max said before her turned around and placed a tray of cheese and crackers on the counter.

“What does she do?” Isabel asked while Maria got cups out of the cupboard behind her.

“She’s a party coordinator.” Max said when the sound of crashing glass made him turn around suddenly.

“Maria are you ok?” Max asked as he saw that a glass had slipped out of Maria’s hand.

“Yeah I’m a klutz, sorry.” Maria said before she bent down and began to pick up pieces of glass off of the floor when she cut her palm deeply.

“Ouch damn it.” Maria said as she got up and began to drip blood all over the floor.

“Holy shit, what happened?” Michael said as he rushed into the kitchen and saw Maria’s hand.

“I dropped a glass; it just slipped out of my hand.” Maria said as she sat down in a stool that Max brought over.

“Maria I think that you need stitches.” Isabel said as she brought her a kitchen towel to wrap around her hand.

“No way I don’t like needles; just wrap it up or something.” Maria said as she began to panic.

“I am not a doctor but it seems that you are bleeding a lot, maybe you hit an artery Maria.” Alex said as placed both hands on Isabel’s shoulders.

“Maria we are going to the hospital, your face is getting really pale, let’s go.” Michael said to Maria.

“No I don’t want to.” Maria said as her eyes began to roll into the back of her head.

“Maria!” Michael shouted as he grabbed her body as she tilted sideways off the chair.

Shit what should I do, if I heal her then everyone in here will know my secret, but if I don’t then... Max thought.

“Michael bring her into the living room.” Max said as he made up his mind.

“You guys I’m fine I just lost it for a moment there.” Maria protested as Michael picked her up and then laid her down on the sofa.

Isabel and Alex followed everyone into the living room.

“Maria I need you to look at me, I’m going to do something now but please I need you to remain calm ok.” Max asked as he sat down on the coffee table across from Maria and grabbed her bleeding palm.

Everyone watched, wondering what Max was going to do.

Isabel’s heart beat accelerated as she saw Max grab her palm.... he closed his eyes, she then saw a soft blue light emerge from his palm, Maria’s palm which had been bleeding before stopped dripping blood.

A few moments passed where no one spoke, Maria’s mouth hung open as Max let her go and she looked at her palm and saw that her deep cut was gone.

“Max how... I mean.... what?” Maria sputtered as Michael grabbed her hand and examined for himself how Max had healed her.

“Maxwell this is some freaky shit man.” Michael said as he grinned.

Max had a very serious expression on his face as he got up and stood next to the front door, he looked down at the floor, he was scared that if he looked at one of them, he’d see rejection on there faces.

Isabel was the first to approach him.

She grabbed his chin and forced him to look into her eyes, when Max looked up he saw that she had a small smile on her face.

Without saying a word while still standing in front of him her back to everyone else in the room she waved her hand in front of her face changing her eyes from brown to a piercing purple color.

Max watched as she did it again and made her eyes change back to there original color.

“I guess you saved me the trouble of asking if you had any special powers like me.” Isabel said as she grinned.

“Max do you want to tell us what the hell happened just now?” Michael asked.

Max came back into the room and sat down he let out a deep sigh as he began to tell them what he had never told a soul in the world.

15 minutes later:

“So you’re saying that you have been able to do this since you were a kid?” Maria asked.

“Yeah since as far back as I remember, how about you Isabel?” Max asked as he turned to look at her.

“Yea me too, I never told anyone but Alex and I have no idea why we can do the things we do Max.” Isabel said as Alex handed her the baby and also gave her his bottle.

“Interesting, Max do you know that there’s some serious money to be made with your little trick?” Michael asked before he got a scowl from Maria.

“He’s not a magician Michael!” Maria said hotly as she continued to stare at her palm.

“I didn’t mean it like that Max.” Michael said as he placed his feet on the coffee table.

“Look guys this ability that I have, I don’t know why I have it, and I don’t know where it came from... I’ve never even told anyone about it... I’ve gone to several doctors to see if anyone of them could tell me if there’s something different about me and nothing has ever come up.” Max said as he shrugged his shoulders.

“Me too, my mom would take me to the doctor if I so much as sneezed and nothing abnormal has ever come up for me, we are perfectly human.” Isabel said as she sat the baby up and began to burp him.

“I’ve never wanted to make an issue out of my powers, it’s like being able to draw or write.” Max said as Isabel interrupted him and said “It’s a gift... that’s how I look at it.”

Maria got up and stood in front of Max “Thanks for what you did Max.” she wrapped her arms around his waist.

“You’re my best friends, I’d do anything for you guys, I just didn’t want any of you to think that I'm some sort of freak.” Max said as he returned her hug.

“Too late Maxwell I’ve always thought you were a freak.” Michael said as he patted him on the back with a crooked grin on his face.

“Ha ha Michael.” Max said as he grinned. I can’t believe that I actually told them, I need a second to catch my breath.

"Guys excuse me for a moment I want to call Liz and see if she’s coming." Max said as he grabbed the portable phone off the wall and went into his bedroom.

Max closed the door behind and dialed Liz’s cell phone number.

He lay back on his bed with one arm behind his head as he waited for Liz to pick up.

“Hello.” Liz yelled into the phone.

Max’s face appeared puzzled as he heard extremely loud trumpets in the back ground.

“Liz it’s me can you hear me?” Max asked as he sat up.

“Max is that you?” Liz asked as she stuck her index finger in her free ear. He must be wondering what the hell is going on.

“It’s me babe what’s all that noise in the background?” Max was practically yelling into the phone in efforts to be heard.

“I can’t hear you, there’s a band rehearsal going on.” Liz said as she tried to get out of the ballroom.

“What?” Max said as he strained to make out what she was saying.

“I’ll call you back ok, give me 20 minutes.” Liz said as she hung up.

Max hung up laughed as he walked out of the room.

“Guy’s lets eat I don’t think Liz can make it right now.” Max said as he ushered everyone to sit down.

2 hours later:

“I see that you couldn’t bother coming earlier.” Jeff said as Liz slowly walked up the stairs.

“Dad please I have a blinding headache, the last minute details with the ball are enormous let’s talk about what a bad daughter I am tomorrow please.” Liz said as she massaged her temples.

“This won’t take but a few minutes. I arranged an escort for you for the ball.” Jeff said nonchalantly.

“You did what?!” Liz asked as she quickly turned around.

“You can’t attend this function alone so I arranged for Sean to take you.” He said that as if this were the most normal thing in the world.

“I am not going anywhere with Sean now or ever.” Liz said as she came back down the stairs.

“Why are you being so difficult is it because of that worthless man that you are seeing?” Jeff asked as he sighed dramatically.

“What are you talking about?” Liz asked angrily.

“I saw you last night I decided to follow you and see what exactly has been taking up so much of your time.” Jeff said as he twirled his pinky ring around.

“I told you once Dad and I’m telling you again I will see who ever I want to see wither they are in our social circles or not and furthermore I’m not going anywhere with Sean “The Rapist” Deluca.”

“What the hell is that supposed to mean?” Jeff shouted at Liz’s back as she climbed up the stairs.

“Think about it.” Liz said over her shoulder as she got to her bedroom door and slammed the door shut.

Later that night at Max’s house:

“Max were going to go ahead and head back to the hotel….are you ok?” Isabel asked Max who was outside on the porch alone. .

“Liz was supposed to call me; she said she was going to stop by.” Max said while he hooked an arm around Isabel’s shoulders.

“Maybe she was busy.” Isabel said as she looked at her watch and saw that it was all ready 9 o’clock.

“You really like her don’t you.” Isabel asked.

“Yeah Isabel, I have never felt this way before and I just want to tell her everything, I want to be with her all the time.. I love her.” Max said earnestly.

“Maybe she’ll stop by later.” Isabel said as she tried to lift his spirits.

“Yeah maybe.” Max said as he heard his house phone ringing.

“Let me get that Iz, go ahead and get your stuff ready and I’ll drop you guys off.” Max said as he rushed inside.

“Hello.”

“Hey Max, it Jimmy how ya doing?”

“Good Jimmy thanks what’s up?’ Max asked as he sat stuck both his hands on his back jean pocket and held the phone with his shoulder.

“I was calling to remind you about the job tomorrow you know the black tie event.” Jimmy said.

“Oh right I forgot about that.” Max said as he looked for something to write on, his eyes landed on the sports section of the local paper that Michael had left on the kitchen counter.

“Ok so tomorrow be there at 6, got it, see ya tomorrow.” Max said as he circled the information he had written down on the news paper.

As he picked up the newspaper from the counter a section of it fell to the ground.

Max bent over to pick it up when one of the articles caught his attention.

“Heiress to throw Charity Ball.”

Max’s face took on a look of disbelief as he started at a grainy black and white picture of Liz smiling underneath the heading.
Last edited by LovinGuerin2Much on Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

A/N: Hello guys! As always I want to say thanks for reading my fic... I know there's alot to choose from and it means more then you know that you are enjoying mine.

Hope you like the next part!

taressa05- I'm siked that you liked the last chapter... and I gotcha a little bit.. lol I didnt want Max to find out at the ball..so I tried to throw a little curve ball.. :twisted:

FSUMSW94- I wanted the whole telling the rest of the gang about the powers thing to be very neutral.. since my fic isnt about any of them having powers and stuff like that... I'm glad that you liked it.

kittens- I decided to not have Liz move out.... since her father had calmed down a bit and hadnt been bothering her as much as usual.. lol maybe I should have but **shrugs** :D

Timelord31-Hope that you like Max's reaction to the whole thing, thanks as always for the FB.

cocopucks-Thanks for reading and leaving FB. :D

Earth2Mama- Thanks for the feedback.. hope you like the next chapter.

Begonia9508- Thanks for the FB... and you do have a point about Max not asking...but then again.. :wink:

kismet- Right-o.. he has his secrets too....

Emz80m- Yes indeed she shoulda...lol... thanks for reading. :D

cherie- Thanks for reading... I hope you like the next part!

And to any lurkers **waves**

<center>Chapter 16</center>

Liz leaned against her bedroom door before she closed her eyes and drew in a few deep calming breaths. She kept hearing her father’s voice “I arranged for Sean Deluca to escort you.”

Her stomach rolled in disgust; she could remember how he had ripped her shirt open and forced himself between her thighs that night on the beach.

When she opened her eyes again Max’s face came to mind and what a wonderful person he was, the way he touched her so softly the tenderness in his eyes the night they had met and how he had gently placed his jacket over her nude shoulders.

Her feet dragged while she made her way to her bed, dropping her purse and leaving a trail of clothes and shoes in a scattered mess behind her. She landed face down on her bed.

“I need to call Max and tell him that I’m sorry I didn’t get a chance to see him today.” She thought before pure physical exhaustion from her hectic day overtook her and she fell asleep.

Max POV:

I open my eyes the next morning and what’s the first thing that pops into my mind.

Liz.

Why didn’t she tell me who she really is, does she think that I would be after her money if she was honest with me.

Or could it be that I was just a little fling to entertain her, that I didn’t mean as much to her as I thought.

The funny thing is that I don’t care about her money or her fame; I just want her… all of her.

A feeling of pure depression ripped through him leaving his chest hurting and his eyes swimming in tears, he felt very much his old self as his old motto ran though his mind “Never trust anyone”

He sat up then swung his legs over the side of the bed; he picked up his cell phone and saw that she had never even bothered to call him back last night.

A knock on his bedroom door brought him back out of his thoughts.

“Yeah” He called out.

Maria opened the door a crack and peeked her head in.

“Liz is on the phone babe.”

“Tell her I’m not here.” Max said over his shoulder as Maria watched him slip a black t-shirt on and then turn around and begin to pack his laptop.

“Are you guys ok?” It doesn’t look like things are ok; he’s never not answered when she’s called Maria thought.

“I can’t talk about it now Maria maybe later ok I just need to be alone for a little while.” Max said while he slipped into a pair of black sandals.

“Ok if you need me though I’m here for ya.” Maria said before she turned around and went back into the living room and picked up the house phone.

“Liz.”

“Yeah Maria I’m here.” Liz said while she put her coffee mug down.

“Max stepped out, I don’t know when he’s coming back.” I hate lying she thought.

“Oh ok well could you tell him that I called if you see him, I tried his cell phone but it goes straight to voicemail.” He’s probably upset because I didn’t even call him back last night.

“Sure thing, bye.” Maria said while watching Max get into his car.

“Where’s Max going?” Michael asked as he padded through the living room barefoot.

“I don’t know he didn’t say.” Maria said while following Michael into the kitchen.

Michael poured himself a glass of orange juice; he noticed that Maria was very pensive.

“So what do you want to do on our almost last day here in Hawaii?” Michael asked.

“Umm wanna go to the beach or something?” Maria asked.

“Sounds like a plan babe, could you grab Max’s portable stereo, it’s in his room.” He said as he swatted Maria’s butt before almost running out of the kitchen, he knew that Maria hates it when he does that.

Maria laughed and rolled her eyes; she went into Max’s bedroom and was about to grab the radio when a partially folded newspaper lying next to it caught her eye.

“Oh shit that’s why he’s upset, she didn’t tell him and now he found out on his own.” She thought as she shook her head from side to side and frowned while she read all about the ball that was happening tonight.

<center>~*~*`*~*~</center>

A little while later:

Liz frowned she had just called Max again and the call had gone straight to voicemail, the manicurists voice brought her back from her thoughts.

“All done Miss Parker, you have a wonderful time tonight.” She said with a smile on her face as she patted her arm.

“Thanks” Liz said while she thought I can’t wait for all this to be over while she waved her hand back and forth trying to speed up the nail drying process.

Liz sat there for a few more minutes “I’m just going to stop by his house for a minute I have the dress at home and all I have to do is my hair, I’ll have plenty of time.” She thought as she waved goodbye and walked out of the nail salon.

When she pulled up to Max’s apartment she saw Maria and Michael sitting on the front porch, Max’s car wasn’t in the driveway either.

Maria lowered her sunglasses as she watched Liz walking up the driveway.

“Hey Maria I just stopped by to see if Max was back yet.” Liz said nervously.

“Oh he hasn’t called you back yet I told him that... I mean I was going to tell him that you called when I see him again.” Maria said nervously as she mentally kicked herself in the ass for spilling the beans.

“Maria is something going on that I don’t know about, when I called earlier you told me you hadn’t seen him.” Liz visibly upset.

“Michael can you give us a second please.” Maria asked Michael.

“Surrreee I understand girl talk.” Michael said while he raised both eyebrows and got up and went inside.

Maria then got up from the patio chair she was sitting in and stood in front of Liz.

“You didn’t talk to him about who you are did you?” Maria asked a sympathetic look on her face as she realized how upset Liz appeared.

“No... I –I didn’t get the chance to tell him, I was going to tell him today before the event I’m throwing for my father, why are you asking me that?” Liz thought as she prayed that what she was thinking happened hadn’t.

“I think you know why Liz, we have to go our taxi is here.” Maria said before calling out for Michael.

Liz watched as Maria and Michael got into the taxi and drove off.

Please let Maria be wrong she prayed as she sat down on the porch step and waited for Max, an hour passed as she sat there and waited and he didn’t come.

Liz got into her car and drove home to prepare for the ball, missing Max’s return by minutes.

<center>~*~*~*~ </center>

“You look beautiful Elizabeth.” Jeff said as he watched her coming down the steps of there home. Her hair was up in an elegant bun with loose slightly curled tendrils framing her face and neck; she was wearing her mother’s favorite necklace.

It consisted of tiny diamonds and in the center was one bigger tear shaped diamond that hung just below her neck, it was a family heirloom and it pleased Jeff that she wore it.

Liz smiled and thanked her father as she took one last look in the hallway mirror.

She admired the way the deep blue satin color contrasted with her skin, the bodice was strapless and had hundreds of tiny iridescent jewels sewed in, the skirt of the gown flared out at her waist and appeared to be floating softly around her high heeled feet.

“Ok I’m ready.” Liz said while she turned around and began walking out of the house.

“Wonderful the limo is outside waiting.” Jeff said as he followed his daughter out of the house.

When they were both seated inside the limo Jeff noticed that Liz seemed to be rather quiet and she appeared to be upset.

“Is something wrong?” Jeff asked as he noticed how Liz kept looking at her cell phone and then putting it back inside her small evening bag.

“Nope, I’m fine.” There’s no way I’m telling him what’s wrong.

As they drove both were lost in thought not speaking before Liz knew it they had pulled up in front of the hotel and the valet was opening the door.

Liz stepped into the ballroom that already was overflowing with guests.

She took a champagne glass from a passing waiter and thought ok 4 more hours and I'm outta here.

Meanwhile in the Kitchen:

"Ok I need everyone happy and smiling, that’s the crème of the crop out there ladies and gentleman." The head waiter of the evening said while he paced back and forth in front of the army of waiters and waitresses in front of him.

Max was trying his best to not turn around and leave, but since he had promised Jimmy to work tonight he didn’t have the option of leaving. Jimmy was a good friend and his personal problems shouldn’t affect other people Max thought.

Max straightened his black tie and made sure that his white long sleeve shirt was properly tucked in before he grabbed a tray and headed out of the kitchen towards the ballroom.

In The Ballroom:

"Liz everything looks beautiful, you did a great job." Jeff said, he was all smiles as he waved and smiled at the guests that were having a great time.

"Thank you." Liz said coolly as she continued to sip her champagne.

"May I have the first dance?" Jeff asked as he looked down at his daughter and smiled with pride.

"I don’t really feel like dancing Dad." Liz said as she looked away.

"Liz please." Her father said as he held out his hand to her.

"Ok fine." Liz said as she set her glass down on the long open bar and headed towards the dance floor with her father.

A few moments after they had been dancing Jeff felt a tap on his shoulder, he turned his head slightly.

"May I cut in and have a dance with your beautiful daughter?"

Liz who didn’t know why her father stopped dancing, she took a step forward to see who was behind her father.

Her eyes widened in surprise when she saw who it was.

None other then Sean Deluca smiling and shaking her fathers hand.

Liz felt a chill run through her as she looked at Sean and saw how he had her father wrapped around his finger with his fake huge smile.

"Liz I think you have an admirer... Liz where are you going?" Jeff asked as he watched Liz storm off the dance floor.

Sean shrugged his shoulders when Jeff looked at him for an explanation of Liz's actions.

Jeff rushed after Liz but he couldn’t find her, it seems she had been lost in the crowd.

Liz elbowed her way through a huge crowd that was standing by the dance floor when she bumped into someone and then heard a crashing sound.

She immediately turned around and saw that she had accidentally bumped into a waiter that was carrying a tray of champagne flutes.

"Oh I'm so sorry that was my fault, I wasn’t watching where I was going." Liz said as she bent down to help pick up the mess.

When she got down on her knees and looked over at the waiter her next words froze in her throat.

She was staring into Max's disappointed eyes.

“Hello Liz.” Max said as he placed shards of broken glass onto his tray.

Before Liz could say anything one of the elderly ladies that was clearly blue blood said “Elizabeth you don’t have to help him pick that up, he’s hired help … stand up dear.”

Liz shot her venomous look when she looked back at Max she could see the anger in the set of his jaw.

“She’s right Ms. Parker I can do it, that’s what I’m here for.” Max said as he got up and walked away with out another word.

Liz stood there for a moment, her legs felt as if they were cemented to the floor before she quickly began to follow him.

“Max please wait.” Liz called out as she followed him down a hallway that led to the kitchen.

“Shouldn’t you be attending to your guests after all you are the host and Jeff Parkers daughter?” Max asked as he placed the tray he was holding on a food cart that was in the hallway.

“Max I was going to tell you everything tonight, but things kept happening.” Liz said trying her best not to cry.

“That’s convenient; did you think that I was going to use you for your money?” Max asked a look of pure hurt on his face before he looked away.

He can’t even stand to look at me Liz thought.

“Max at first I wanted to make sure that you wanted me for me, so many times in my life people have been nice to me because of who I am and I was scared...” Liz said before Max interrupted her.

“I can’t talk right now I have work to do, I’ll see you around Liz.” Max said before he turned around and disappeared behind the kitchen doors.

If I keep talking to her I’m going to cave, this isn’t the time Max he repeated to himself over and over again in his head as he kept right on walking and slammed out of the kitchen.

<center>~*~*~</center>

“Liz I have been looking all over for you.” Jeff said as he finally spotted Liz out on the balcony of the ballroom.

Liz tried to dry her tears before her father approached her.

“What’s the matter and don’t tell me nothing you’ve been crying.” Jeff said as he pulled out a handkerchief from his jacket.

“Dad I need to go there’s something that I have to do.” Liz said as she looked up at her father and wished that for once he could be her friend and understand her.

“But the parties not over yet, you haven’t even said thank you to the guests for there contributions.” Jeff said obviously annoyed.

“I can’t take this anymore Dad, I need for once in my life for you to give me a break to see me as the grown women that I am.” Liz said as she looked up at the only parent she had left with tears swimming in her eyes.

“Please don’t give me that I know what’s going on Liz I have seen how upset you are lately, it’s that man you’ve been seeing he’s changed you, I don’t even know you anymore.” Jeff said as he took a step back from his daughter.

“I’m leaving now Dad and I want you to know that I am planning to move out and soon… I can’t take you treating me like a child, spying on me…. it’s over.”

“You can’t leave me, I’ll cut you off financially Liz, I will not let you go and spend all your money on that leach of a man you have so blindly fallen for.” Jeff said angrily.

“I have the inheritance Mom left me, and even if I didn’t have that Dad I’d still go, please excuse me I have something that I need to do.” Liz said and went back into the ballroom.
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

A/N:Hey guys I was thinking alot about this story over the weekend and thats when it hit me that I've been writing this fic since Novemeber... I was like holy cr*p! lol.

Between my old computer dieing, the time it took to get a new one, and real life... basically its taken longer then I had hoped for to finish it... I want to say thanks so much to everyone that has stuck around and kept leaving FB and PM's of encouragement. You guys rock!

Oh I'm also going to try to post 2 times a week..if possible..

Special thanks to...

Earth2Mama- Jeff sees that Liz is infautated but he doesnt understand the concept of love.. you'll see more into that in another chapter or so.

FSUMSW94-This of course will have a happy dreamer ending... I wouldnt do that to them or you guys! lol...

taressa05-I'm glad that you liked the part where Liz stood up to her father it was fun to write... I know that Max didnt give Liz much of a chance to explain her side of things but you know when your mad and you just cant listen to reason... well thats what I was pretty much going for.

begonia9508-I'm glad that you like the fact that Liz is trying to take control of her life in some ways.. thanks as always for reading.

cherie-I know the communication thing can be a bugger.. but they will talk.. eventually. hehe

Spacegal17-Thank you so much for the great FB.. I love reading what you guys think.. I hope you like the next part.

Timelord31- Yes our little Liz has said enough.. and shes moving up to a deluxe apartment to the sky hi hi... lol sorry thats the theme song for the "The Jeffersons" lol

cocopucks-Thank you for the feebback, hope you like the next part.

icequeen-Do my eyes decieve me.. lol just kidding... thanks for the feedback...hugs

<center>Chapter 17</center>

Max sat in his car in the parking lot of the hotel trying to gather his thoughts.

She looked so beautiful tonight; she also looked so rich and very much like she belonged among people of her class. He would never fit into a place like that, he wouldn’t even want to.

Max leaned his head back on the head rest of the seat and tried to calm down, what he really wanted to do was go back in there and ask her why a hundred times why she didn’t tell him.

He sat there for a few more minutes mulling over what he should do before he shook head in disgust pulled his keys out of his pocket and drove off.

20 minutes later:

"Max what’s wrong?" Isabel asked as soon as she opened the door to her hotel room and saw the look on Max’s face.

"Can we talk; if you’re busy I can...?" Max said before Isabel grabbed his hand and dragged him inside placing him firmly on the sofa.

"Where are Alex and the baby?" Max noticed that the hotel suite was dark and from the small reading lamp and book that was on the arm of the sofa Isabel must have been reading alone.

"They fell asleep a little while ago; I thought that I’d catch up on some reading." Isabel said while she closed the book and placed it on the coffee table.

"It’s about Liz ....she’s not who she said she was." Max said as he leaned back into the sofa cushions resting his head on the back of the sofa.
"Ok?" Isabel asked a little confused.

"I went to do this fund raiser job that I’ve had lined up, and well I’m getting ahead of myself... last night I saw a picture of Liz in the newspaper and it said that she was going to be hosting this ball." Max said.

"Well she is a party coordinator right so what’s the problem?" Isabel asked not seeing where this was going.

"She wasn’t just the coordinator, she’s the daughter of Jeff Parker as in multi-million dollar business man, and she never told me that her father is THE Jeff Parker." Max said as he turned to look at his sister.

"Ohhh" Isabel said as she grimaced. This is not good.

"Yeah so then I saw her picture and Isabel I was blown away, she never mentioned it... not once." Max said as he nodded his head from side to side.

"Maybe she was scared that you would only want her for her money if she told you who she really was, now I’m not taking her side but she could have been waiting for the right time." Isabel said as she patted his knee.

"Isabel she could have told me, that’s a really serious thing you know, I feel like maybe she was using me this whole time... that I didn’t mean enough to her for her to tell me the truth." Max said as he closed his eyes and rested his head against the back of the sofa again.

"No Max she cares about you I can see it just by the way she looks at you… and I hate to point this out but you haven’t been entirely honest with her either." Isabel said as she gave him a sad smile.

"What do you mean?" Max sat up from his slouching position.

"The whole we have powers thing, you’ve never told her about that right?"

"Well I’ve never told anyone about that, and it’s not like I lied about who I am." Max said passionately.

"In a way you have though, I mean let me tell your from experience when I met Alex I wanted to tell him so badly about the things that I could do, but I was terrified that he would look at me like some kind of freak." Isabel said as she smiled softly.

"What happened?" Max asked intrigued.

"I accidentally spilled a glass of red wine on myself one night we went out for dinner, he turned around for a second so I thought that I’d do a quick swipe and try to at least get most of the stain out." Isabel said then had to stop speaking to laugh.

"He saw you." Max said and grinned.

"Oh yeah he saw me all right he thought that someone had slipped something into his drink because there was no way he thought that a stain could disappear with a flick of the wrist so to speak." Isabel said as she wiped a tear of laughter off her cheek.

"Bottom line is that I didn’t let him think that he was buzzed I told him the truth, and it felt so good Max to know that there wasn’t anything about me that he didn’t know, I think that I realized how much I loved him that night."

"So you think that I’m over reacting then?" Max asked shoulders slumped in defeat.

"I didn’t say that but talk to her, find out why she didn’t tell you and go from there, but don’t shut her out, give her a chance, think about it this way what if she found out about your secret on accident wouldn’t you want a chance to explain?" Isabel asked.

"I know your right but I need some time thanks for being here for me, I’m gonna go." Max said as he placed a kiss on her forehead and rushed out.

Isabel watched him go and said a silent prayer that her brother would find the same happiness she found.

<center>~*~*~</center>

Liz stepped out of the shower and wrapped a thick towel around her chest. She stood in front of the bathroom mirror and grimaced at the reflection. Her face was red, her eyes were puffy she looked like crap.

She attributed that to the crying she had been doing since she had lost Max at the ball.

Why didn’t I just tell him...? He must think that I was using him; I would think that if I were in his situation.

She grabbed a brush and ran it through her hair over and over again, she needed a plan... Calling him didn’t work, he hadn’t answered not a single call or voice mall she had left.

"I’m not giving up without a fight; he has to know how I really feel." Liz thought as she rushed out of the bathroom, and hurriedly got dressed in a pair of blue jeans and a white t-shirt and basically jogged out of the house.

A little while later she was parked in front of his house, I hope that doesn’t appear stalker-ish but desperate times called for desperate measures.

As minutes turned into a half an hour and so on and so forth, Liz had little hope that Max would be pulling up any time soon.

"Where could he be?" She thought as she ran an agitated hand through her long brown hair.

Her eyes rounded as she thought about the special place he had taken her to, the place that they had made love for the first time.

Gravel spun from her tires as accelerated out of his drive way.

<center>~*~*~</center>

Max sat on the hood of his jeep, the sound of the ocean crashing against the rocks below always made him feel relaxed.... but not tonight... maybe he shouldnt have come here, he looked over to the grassy area next to the car and remembered the night that he had brought Liz here and they had made love for the first time.

He lay back on the hood one arm behind his head and looked up at the millions of twinkling stars. The talk that he had with Isabel had made him see that he too hid something from Liz but he couldn’t quite accept that it put him on the same level as Liz.

So many times they had shared together, they had talked about almost everything and the thought that she didn’t care enough about him to do the same filled him with anger at her and at himself.

He fell....hook... line and sinker... and it seriously pissed him off.

The bright head lights of a car washed over him, he sat up and turned around... His stomach plummeted at the sight of Liz’s baby blue Mercedes pulled up.

He watched her get out of the car slowly her hands clasped together in front of her chest. The bright moonlight reflected off her beautiful face, and shown on her long hair...it made her look like an angel he couldn’t help but think.

"Max we need to talk." Liz said as she nervously stood inches from his car.

Max turned his face and placed both hands on his knees as he looked out into the ocean.

"Yeah." Max simply said with no trace of emotion.

Liz’s face scrunched up in confusion, she had never seen him like this before, so cold so uncaring.

"You have every right to be upset with me Max, I wasn’t honest with you." Liz said before Max interrupted her.

"I had to find out by seeing your face in the local paper; do you have any idea at all how that made me feel?" Max asked as he turned his face to look at her then quickly lowered his gaze to the ground.

Liz felt a huge lump in her throat, the urge to cry was unbearable.

"Max I was going to tell you so many times... I am so used to being liked because my last name is Parker... I had to make sure.." Liz said as she reached out to touch him, his flinch at her nearness had her retreating a few steps back.

"You had to do a test drive so to speak... be with me then decide." Max said sarcasm evident in his voice.

"It doesn’t seem as if you are in the mood to hear what I have to say, maybe I shouldn’t have come here." Liz said hoping that he would say that she was wrong.

Why doesn’t she say the one thing that I want her to say, I am not going to ask it... If she says that she used me… that this isn’t something long term... I won’t be able to handle it. Max thought as he watched her out of the corner of his eye.

Her silence was deafening to him, something snapped at that moment, images of him being a child and going from one foster parent to the next tore at him, the feeling of never being good enough to be loved slammed into him making him want to cry out in anguish... She was like all the rest.

He stood up and hooked his thumbs in the back pockets of his black pants.

"Yeah maybe you shouldn’t have come here... let bygones be bygones right... I had fun while it lasted." Max said as his eyes raked over her imprinting her image into his mind.

"What are you saying?" Liz as in a voice no louder then a whisper.

"You had your fun with the guy from the wrong side of the tracks right. Let’s leave it at that... I mean it’s not like I’m the kind of guy you want to take home to Daddy right?" Max asked his face set in angry lines.

Liz stood frozen, this couldn’t be happening... I thought that he cared about me...

“Max you don’t mean that.” Liz said as she shook her head from side to side, not believing what he was saying.

“We come from totally different places and I can’t change the fact that I’m not rich… I think its best if we just let it all go and say it’s been fun.” Max said as he brushed past Liz to get to his car.

“What about what I want Max, what about all the time we spent together, that doesn’t mean anything to you, your so quick to just give up.” Liz asked tears in her eyes as she went after him.

“That’s the thing Liz I don’t know you...you pretended to be this small town girl... When in reality you’re the total opposite.” Max said as he opened the door to his car and got in.

As Max drove off he looked at her standing alone on the cliff through his rear view mirror… thinking that he had done the right thing, he couldn’t ever give Liz the life she was accustomed to... and better to have to let her go now, rather then later when she realized she had made a mistake being with a nobody like him.

2 days later:

“Michael we have to leave in the next 20 minutes hurry up.” Maria said to Michael who had been in the shower for the last 10 minutes.

“Ok Ok, I’ll be out in 2 minutes tops.” Michael called out before Maria closed the bathroom door.

Maria went out to the living room and found Max pretty much where he had been for the last 2 days.. In front of his lap top, writing like crazy.

Maria came up behind him and placed her hand on his shoulder, Max stopped typing and looked up. Maria noticed the dark circles under his eyes, the few days of beard growth making him look very shaggy.

“It’s almost time for us to be going.” Maria said softly.

“Right, I’m ready whenever you guys are.” Max said as he turned back to his computer and continued typing.

Maria wanted to badly to help him, all she knew was that he had come home late the other night very very upset and not wanting to talk about it. She also noticed the absence of Liz’s calls.

“Max is everything all right, I mean you haven’t even left the apartment in 2 days, you haven’t been eating, is there anything that you want to talk about?”

“‘l don’t want to talk about it Maria, thanks for asking ... I’ll be fine.” Max said as he saved what he had been working on and closed his lap top.

What Max wasn’t going to say was how miserable he had been since he found out about Liz, how she had been on his mind every waking moment, that he had picked up his cell phone so many times and begun to dial her number only to lose his courage and throw the phone across the room in disgust.

Michael then came out in dark blue jeans and a half buttoned Hawaiian shirt and one shoe on. “I’m ready, let’s roll.”

“Mike your missing a shoe buddy.” Max said a smile gracing his face in the first time in 2 days.

“Shit, right where did it go?” Michael said as he back tracked and found it in the bathroom.

“Ok let’s go then.” Max said as he ran a hand through his messy hair, grabbed his keys and Maria’s suitcase and headed outside.

“I hope he’ll be ok.” Maria whispered to Michael.

“He’ll be fine babe, you’ll see.” Michael said as he kissed Maria on the forehead and followed her out, locking the door behind him as he walked out.

Parker Mansion:

Liz sat on indian style on her bed as she surveyed the mess that was her room. There were boxes everywhere.

The room that once looked so homey and lived in now appeared barren and cold, but she was doing it.. She was moving out on her own.

Liz grabbed a pillow and laid on her side, wrapping her arms around it and hugging it to her body. She didn’t even know where she was going yet, but she had made up her mind the night of the ball, the night that he whole world seemed to have fallen down around her.

She hadn’t heard from Max... Not once... And it was killing her emotionally. The what if’s kept tormenting her... What is she would have told him... What if he had never seen that damn newspaper?

Would everything have worked out different, as she rolled on to her back; she heard a knock on her bedroom door.

Her father appeared seconds later. She looked over at him then looked back up towards the ceiling, not even bothering to say hello.

“So you’re really doing this then?” Jeff said as he stood amidst a stack of boxes.

Yes I am.” Liz said not bothering to ask him in or to even look at him.

“May I ask where you are going?” Jeff asked as came into the room and sat down on the corner of her bed. Liz thought “Funny I can’t remember the last time he had come into my room, goes to show what a loving relationship we have.”

“I’m going to California for now…” Liz said and shrugged her shoulders.

“Well I don’t approve of you leaving but I didn’t mean what I said about cutting you off maybe it’s for the best that you leave and take some time to yourself.” And get away from Max but he didn’t say that part.

Liz nodded and got up from the bed, “I’m going for a swim, we’ll talk later Dad.” Liz said as she got up and rubbed at both sides of her temples.

Jeff nodded as he closed the door softly behind him a small triumphant smile on his face.

Meanwhile at the airport:

Max watched Maria and Michael’s plane taking off, it had been great seeing them and spending time with them again he thought as he turned around and started heading back to the parking garage.

As Max walked through the airport he observed all the different people that were there, a smile spread across his face as he watched a little girl no more then 3 or 4 years old jump and screech at what he assumed was her father she looked so excited when she wrapped her arms around his neck, the look of pure love on her face made his chest ache.

He noticed another young couple that seemed so in love, there faces close to one another’s there gazes locked into each others eyes, the way that they hugged and touched constantly, the look of love so evident and Max couldn’t help but see Liz’s face in his mind.

He had thought that was what he had found; the hurt he was feeling couldn’t be explained.

He just wanted to hold Liz in his arms again and tell her....

That he loved her.

That he didn’t care who she was, or how much money she had.

That he didn’t want to let her go.

He reached his car and sat clenching the steering wheel, his heart was beating rapidly, I’ll tell her everything, what I feel about her, who I really am and if she could accept me, if she could love me despite the fact that I can’t give her the life she accustomed to, I might have a chance.

He reversed out of the parking space in a hurry coming very close to hitting a passing vehicle, his tires left black rubber streaks as he rushed home.
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Authors Note: Hey guys as always wanted to say thanks for the great feedback. :D

I am pretty sure that the next chapter will be the last but I'm not 100% sure.. sometimes I get to writing and well...things start coming out that I hadn't planned on... anyhoot.. thanks again. :D

taressa05-You know Jeff... always up to something.. thanks for reading.

Itzstacie-Thank you for your feed back. :D

Timelord31- Ummm you'll see. :wink:

Spacegal17- Your feed back made me laugh.. the bat thing was like whoaa... but yeah Jeff like I said before is a party pooper.

icequeen-Thanks for the feed back CHICA... haha (you know what I'm talking about) 8)

Ellie- Thanks so much for your feedback, I loved it... and yup there are some issues that are going to be worked out.

FSUMSW94- I'm sorry I'm getting all angsty on you guys.. :oops: lol but I promise that things will work out in the end.. Dreamer Insured... Thanks for reading.

begonia9508-Thank you for your feedback!

Earth2Mama-Thanks for reading and for the feedback.. hope you like the next chapter.

cherie-Your feedback made me laugh too.. Jeff is yucky.. thanks for reading as always.

Emz80m-Thank you for reading and leaving feedback, I love to "hear" what you guys think.

Alien614-Hey welcome back..lol... thanks for reading and leaving such nice feedback. :D

<center>Chapter 18</center>

Max rushed into his apartment and made a bee line to his computer desk, his pulse raced as he cursed his computer for staring up so slowly.

He ran his fingers through his hair roughly as he waited for his computer to start. After a few seconds he smiled as he realized that this would be easier then he thought… a few seconds after typing in Jeff Parkers name he had a ton of information... and exactly what he hoped would be there showed up.

“Thank God for the internet.” Max thought as he printed out her address.

Back at the Parker Mansion:

Liz dove into the crystal clear water of the pool, the sun warming her skin, her long brown hair flowing freely behind her as she swum from one side of the pool to the other under water.

She came up gasping for air. She bobbed in the water for a minute before she swam to the little stairs in the deep end and walked out onto the diving board again.

Maybe if I tire myself out, I can get some sleep... It had been days since she had a full nights rest, It wasn’t easy either fighting an internal battle with herself.

“Should I call, Should I not call… I mean I do have my pride too but what good is pride if you’re miserable. There’s a lot of things that we didn’t talk about... things that we should have said but at the heat of the moment…” Liz thought as she dove in again, the cold water stealing the air from her lungs but at the same time making her feel alive and not like a robot.

Little did she know what was happening right inside her home.

Jeff Parker was about to leave for a lunch meeting when he heard the doorbell.

Seconds later one of the maids went to open the door, as he was shutting his briefcase the maid entered his office.

“Yes Lesley?” Jeff asked.

“Excuse me Mr. Parker but there’s a man at the door, he’s insisting on speaking with Miss Parker but she told me not to disturb here.” She said.

“All right I’ll be right there, thank you.” He said as the maid nodded and left the room.

When Jeff came out of his office he saw Max standing just inside the front door.

“Hello Mr. Parker I’m…”

“I know who you are Max Evans.” Jeff said as he laid his briefcase down on the hallway table and continued walking into the living room that was adjacent to the front door.

“Ok?” Max thought as he followed him into the room. Max couldn’t help but notice the opulence of the room. He looked up at high ceilings; the paintings on the wall that he was sure weren’t fake. He stood stiffly in the middle of the room.

“Why are you here?” Jeff asked while he opened an expensive looking wooden box and pulled out a cigar.

“I’m here to talk to Liz, it’s really important that I speak to her.” Ok so this isn’t going as smoothly as I imagined Max thought.

“What do you want with Elizabeth?” Jeff asked as he blew small smoke rings into the air.

“I’d rather speak to her about that… Sir” Max added.

“Well I’m afraid that’s not going to happen.” Jeff said with a small sarcastic smile on his face.

“Why not?” Max asked confused.

“You see Max I know about people like you, you see a beautiful young heiress and the dollar signs in your eyes light up, I on the other hand am not as gullible as my daughter.” Jeff said as he walked out of the room coming back in with his briefcase.

“It seems that you are implying something that isn’t true, I care deeply about your daughter and it’s not because her last name is Parker.” Max said he tried to keep his cool.

“I highly doubt that.” Jeff said as he opened his briefcase.

Max saw him take something out and then bend down to write something.

Jeff then came up to him holding out a slip of paper.

“What is this?” Max asked as he realized that he was holding a check made out for 25 thousand dollars.

“It’s for your effort and time lost.” Fell said as he stuck both of his hands in his pockets.

“What the hell are you talking about?” Max asked angrily.

“I’ll do whatever it takes to keep her away from you.”

“So you’re going to give me 25 thousand to never see Liz again, just like that?” Max asked as he looked down at the check.

When he looked up again his eyes were pools of fury and in a voice so low it could have been a whisper said “This is what your daughter is worth to you?”

“Playing hard ball I see.” Jeff said as he watched Max tear the check into pieces and throw it down to the floor.

“There is no amount of money in the world that would keep me away from her, I love her.” Max said.

“Well then how does 85 thousand sound to you then?” Jeff asked as he reached for another check from inside his briefcase.

“You can’t buy me and unless Liz tells me she wants nothing to do with me, I will come back again.” Max said as he walked out of the living room.

Jeff ran out of the room when he heard Max scream Liz’s name.

“Get out before I call the police.” Jeff said as he pulled out his cell phone from his pocket.

“It’s her choice Mr. Parker I’m not giving up.” Max said before slamming the front door on his way out.

Jeff shook his head as he hoped that Liz was still outside in the pool, and hadn’t over heard the conversation.

<center>~*~*~</center>

Liz stepped out of the pool and grabbed a thick towel wrapping it around her waist. She saw her father staring out one of the windows that faced the front of the house.

“Dad what are you doing?” Liz called out she was surprised when Jeff jumped and turned around quickly a hand over his heart.

“You startled me Elizabeth, I was ahh just about to leave, a lunch meeting.” Jeff said as he straightened his tie.

“Oh, well my flight leaves tomorrow at 6:00; I’ll have my stuff sent to me once I settle down ... somewhere.” Liz said as she nodded then turned around and headed up the stairs to her room.

Jeff watched her go, her shoulders bowed, her steps heavy… and for a second felt remorse at what he had just done, but he knew that it was for her own good or so he kept trying to tell himself.

<center>~*~*~</center>

Max had left Liz’s house but that didn’t mean he was going far. Jeff was about to leave when he had gotten there. He was sure of it. He parked down the street and waited... He wasn’t going to lose her wither Jeff liked it or not he was going to talk to Liz.

Max made himself comfortable as he leaned back into the front seat of his car; he slid his sunglasses on and waited. Soon he saw a black 2 door Mercedes pull out of Liz’s driveway. He slunk down in the seat a little bit as he watched Jeff drive by a cell phone glued to his ear.

Max shook his head as he watched Jeff through his rearview mirror. Moments later it turned the corner. Max turned the key and quickly headed back to Liz’s house, his heart was thumping so hard that it hurt but he had to see her.

<center>~*~*~ </center>

Liz had just stepped out of the shower and wrapped her self in a thick knee length white robe when she heard the doorbell.

She un-wrapped the towel from around her head and dropped it on the bed. She had just picked up a brush to comb her hair when she could have sworn she heard her name being called out.

She quickly looked toward the door; her eyes scrunched as she took a step closer and listened. Her eyes widened in surprise when she heard Max’s voice.

She opened the door to her room and looked down over the balcony and saw Max at the front door asking for her and telling the maid it was urgent.

“I’m sorry but Mr. Parker told me to not let anyone disturb her... and she…wait a second… excuse me SIR!” she shouted as Max barged into the room and stood at the base of the steps.

Liz felt her legs grow week as she set eyes on him for the first time in 3 days… he looked so beautiful in just a simple white polo collar shirt and blue jeans. She took a step and was standing at the top of the stairs looking down at him.

Max looked up and felt his heart skip a beat. He took in the sight of her from head to toe before he said anything.

“Ms. Parker I am so sorry, I will call the police right away.” The maid said as she looked up at Liz and wrung her hands together nervously.

“It’s all right, don’t call the police.” Liz said as she looked at Max and asked “What are you doing here?”

Max took the stairs two at a time and was now standing face to face to Liz.

His hands burned to touch her but he settled with putting them in his pockets.

“I need to talk to you Liz please.” Max said as he looked into her deep brown eyes and saw himself there.

Liz took in a deep breathe then looked down at what she was wearing.

“I- Uh I need to change... Come on.” Liz said as she turned around and went back into her bedroom, Max close at her heels.

Max tried to not let his jaw drop, this place was like a palace, the marble floors were so polished he could see his reflection perfectly… but what really blew him away were the boxes all over the room and a few suitcases that were open on top of her bed.

“Give me a second to change, be right back.” Liz said as she grabbed some clothes from an open box and went to what he assumed was the bathroom even though it was the size of his entire living room.

Max ran a hand through his hair and let his hand rest on the back of his neck. Max took in the details of the room and smiled when he saw a very ragged looking stuffed animal on her bed.

A small framed picture next to the bed caught his eye and he couldn’t help but walk over to it and examine it.

It was Liz with what he assumed was her mother since she looked just like the smiling women in the photograph that had her arms wrapped around a very young Liz.

He heard the bathroom door opening and quickly put the picture back and cleared his throat.

There she was looking very unsure and nervous; she had changed into a pair of jean shorts and a white tank top.

Max opened his mouth to speak but Liz beat him to it.

“What are you doing here Max?” Liz asked as she motioned for him to join her on the balcony of her room.

Max followed and watched as she placed both her arms on the rail and looked out towards the back of the house.

“Liz I know that I have been an ass... I know that I didn’t give you a chance to explain what happened but I couldn’t even think straight... I was so-so scared that…” Max said before Liz interrupted.

“Scared of what Max… I just wanted a chance to explain to you why I didn’t tell you and you blew me off.” Liz said as she turned to look at him.

Max could see the pain and anger in her face and he wished that he could kick himself in the ass for it.

He reached out and placed his hand over hers.

Liz looked down at there joined hands and felt like crying.

“I’m not mad anymore Max, but I am hurt and I don’t know how to deal with that.” Liz said her eyes filled with unshed tears.

“Can we talk and I mean really talk… put all our cards out on the table so to speak?” Max asked as he caressed her palm with his thumb.

Liz nodded as she sat down on one of the lounge chairs and waited for Max to being speaking.

Liz watched as he rubbed his palms against his jeans, she noticed that he looked really nervous.

He brought his lounge chair closer to hers and stuck his hand out.

Liz looked at him for a second before he said “Hi, I’m Max Evans you are?”

She laughed and shook her head from side to side. She’d play his game and see what happened.

“Elizabeth Jane Parker, I am the daughter of a multimillionaire and I enjoy long walks in the park and swimming.” Liz said with a serious face before they both broke out laughing.

“I thought that I’d be honest from the get go this time.” Liz said shrugging her shoulders as a small smile played out on her face.

Max debated for a second on whether or not to go about his part of the truth this way when he decided to just go for it.

“Liz there is something that I want to tell you about me… since we are coming clean what better time then now right?” Max asked as he looked around the balcony.

“What are you looking for Max?” Liz asked surprised as Max got up and picked a dieing rose off the trellis that climbed the railings next to the balcony doors.

Max kneeled before her and said “Sometimes actions speak louder then words so watch.”

He then placed the brown withering rose bud into the center of his palm. Liz watched as he closed his eyes for a second then took a deep breathe. He cupped his other hand on top of the flower.

Suddenly a very pale blue light appeared through the cracks of his fingers and Liz watched as the flower began to blossom, the once brownish color was turning into a deep red as the flower reached its full bloom and Max opened his hands.

Max looked up and saw that Liz had scooted back from him and was looking at him with the facial expression that was understandably confused.

“How- How did you do that?” Liz asked as she grabbed the flower from his palm and inspected it flipping it upside down and then rubbing the petals to see if it was real.

“I don’t know how I did it.” Max said as he got up and sighed deeply.

“Ok I’m not understanding what’s going on; I saw you pick up that flower…it was dead and now…” Liz said as she held up the flower and stopped speaking.

“I don’t know how I did it… since I was a little kid I could do things, things that I couldn’t tell people that I could do because I was scared, but that doesn’t mean that I’m a freak or something.” Max said as he took a step closer to Liz.

He saw the way he tensed up and immediately took a step back. Max then went into a lengthy discussion describing the things and tricks as Michael liked to call them that he could do. When he stopped speaking both of them were quiet for a few minutes.

“You lied too.” Liz said as she sat down on the lounge chair bringing her legs up and resting her chin on her knees.

“What do you mean?” Max asked scared but at the same time wanting to know what she thought about the whole mess.

“I didn’t tell you who I was but you didn’t tell me about you either.” Liz said as she looked over at him disappointment written all over her face.

“Liz I never told anyone about it, don’t you see that I couldn’t… I don’t want to be some circus sideshow freak or worse some guinea pig in a lab somewhere.” Max said as he reached out and placed a hand on her cheek.

“I understand that but the thing is that I least I gave you a chance to explain yourself… you didn’t you turned your back on me… How do I know that you won’t do that again, or that you won’t keep some other secret from me, that’s not love Max and it’s certainly not trust either.” Liz said as she turned her face and bit her lower lip that was trembling.

“Liz I’m the same person that I was when you met me.” Max said as his voice cracked with emotion.

“Well so am I… I have been the same person all along… I- I need some time to think about everything.” Liz said as she stood up and looked away from him.

“Ok… that’s fair enough but Liz there is one thing that I do want to say and I mean this from the bottom of my heart, I love you and I’m sorry if I caused you any pain and if you give me a chance I could make it up to you.” Max said as he picked up the flower that he had brought back to life and placed it on the chair she had been sitting in.

“Liz are you leaving?” Max asked as he looked back into her room and pointed at the suitcases and boxes once more.

“I don’t know Max... I might.” Liz said as she stuck her hands deep into her pockets and looked away.

Max nodded and looked down before he said goodbye.

Liz watched as he walked out of the room with his head down and shoulders slumped, she slowly went and picked up the flower and buried her nose in it before her shoulders started shaking and hot tears began to stream down her face.
Last edited by LovinGuerin2Much on Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Authors Note: Ok guys this is it... the last chapter.. I have to say that I feel a little bit sad at letting these characters go..but sigh... I gotta!

I wanted to say thanks to everyone that has read this story and didnt forget about me when I was having computer problems and when my damn muse took a vacation..lol

A special thanks to my best friend Icequeen who without her support and encouragement I probaly wouldnt have even finished this fic. Thank you for always lending me a hand or ear lol.

So here goes....but first thanks too....

Paris Nicole- Thanks so much for such nice feed back.

FSUMSW94- Thanks for sticking with this fic from day one and always leaving such great FB.

taressa05-I hope you enjoy the last part thanks for all your feedback.

Earth2Mama-Theres a reason that you won best feedback huh..lol thanks for sticking with me and leaving such great FB.

obsession-your feed back made me feel great...It really made my day thank you!

Ellie-Thank your for reading! hope you like the last part.

Alien614-Thanks hun for your feedback

Emz80m-Thank you for your support and your feedback. It means alot to me.

begonia9508-Thank you for reading and sticking with me.

Timelord31-Thanks for the feedback and I hope that you enjoy the last chapter.

Lady_vixen- Hey sister...lol thanks for finally reading this fic.. and the fact that you got blurry eyes and devoted some of your Saturday to it make me go awww. Love ya.

cherie- I especially hope that you like the last chapter and thanks for always leaving such great FB.

kismet- Thanks for coming back to this fic and Im glad that your liking it... thanks for your support and kind words.

<center>Chapter 19</center>

Liz woke up the next morning and groaned as she snuggled her face deeper into her pillow.

Her flight to California was today just the thought of leaving made her feel sick to her stomach. She opened her eyes and just stared up at the ceiling willing something to happen… or to feel just for a minute like her old self.

Swinging her legs over the bed she ran a hand through her messy hair and just sat there surveying her room.

Liz then hung her head down and shook it from side to side when she saw the flower Max had given her on the floor next to her nightstand.

She bent over to pick it up and was still amazed by what Max had done to this once dead flower.

How had things ended up like this, why did things have to take such crazy turns she thought to her self.

One day everything had been going great with Max it almost seemed too good to be true.

Liz slowly got out of bed and dragged herself to the bathroom, leaving a trail of clothes in her wake as she headed to the bathroom to take a shower.

<center>~*~*~*~</center>

Isabel picked up a cooing Colin into her arms and with her free hand picked up a plate of eggs, bacon and toast.

She walked out into Max’s living room and dropped the plate not too nicely in front of Max who was at his computer desk tapping away at the keys.

Max looked down at the plate of food and began to shaking his head no as he continued to type.

“I’m not hungry Isabel.”

“So help me Max you have been saying that for the last 3 days you need to eat!” Isabel said as she scooted the baby higher up onto her hip and glared at him.

“Fine I’ll eat if it makes you happy.” Max said as he grabbed the plate and went and sat down on the sofa.

Isabel looked over at Alex who was flipping through channels trying to find something to watch.

“Are you feeling any better?” Isabel asked while she sat down on the sofa next to Alex.

The baby immediately threw his arms up to Alex who in turn scooped him out of Isabel’s lap.

“No, not really I keep thinking about her leaving and never seeing her again…how she took the news about me being…different.” Max said as he used his fork to push food from one side of the plate to the other.

“She didn’t say if she was leaving for sure though…did she?”

Isabel couldn’t help but notice how hard this had been on him, it had been days since she’d seen him smile or laugh and frankly it was driving her crazy.

“Liz said she wasn’t sure…but her bags were packed.” Max said as he stopped his pretense of eating and set the plate down on the coffee table.

“All I can do now is wait… the balls in her court.” Max said as he looked at the telephone and willed it to ring.

<center>~*~*~</center>

Jeff had gotten up early and was pacing the living room. Last time he had seen Elizabeth she had looked withdrawn and the dark shadows under her eyes were hard not to notice.

He sighed a deep breathe full of confusion and guilt.

As a father it was his right even his duty to protect Elizabeth, she is so young and gullible he thought.

As Jeff stopped pacing and looked at his office window to the glittering pool and swaying palms trees at the back of the property he thought back to the private investigator he had hired and had reported that there wasn’t a single shady thing about Max Evans.

Could he be wrong about him?

He stuck his hands the pockets of his khaki pants and balanced his weight on the balls of his feet…lost in thought.

His gaze was drawn to a picture of his beloved wife Nancy and as always the pain of losing her so soon made his heart ache and made it difficult to swallow from the pain in the back of his throat.

He picked up the small framed picture and her vivid image smiled up at him, he smile briefly as he noticed how much Liz resembled her.

“Nancy am I making a mistake? Does this man really love our Lizzy… I wish you were here.” He whispered while he traced the contours of her face in the picture with the pad of his thumb.

The longer he stared at the picture of the love his life the clearer things began to seem. He set the picture back down on the mantle and hurriedly made his way to Elizabeth’s room.

He stopped at her door and when he heard her very quiet sobbing he knew he was made the right decision. Liz didn’t hear him come in he came to stand behind his daughter.

Liz looked up when she felt a hand on her shoulder, when she looked up her eyes were red rimmed and tears were streaming down her face.

Jeff wrapped his arms around his little girl and took in deep breathes as he was over come with emotion.

“Lizzie we need to talk about some things.” Jeff said as he released her and sat down on her vanity chair.

“Dad what is it?” Liz asked it had been years since he had called her by her childhood name.

“Before I tell you what I came here to say I want you to not be upset… everything I do I do for your best intentions at heart…I hope you can realize that and forgive me.’ Jeff said as he swiped a nervous hand down the crease of his trouser leg.

Liz sat down and with wide eyes listened to her father tell her about the private investigator he had hired to find out about Max’s past, about Max coming to the house and his attempt at buying him off.

Long after Jeff had stopped talking Liz sat in silence a very pensive look on her face. Finally she looked into her father eyes and asked.

“Why are you telling me this now?”

“Because I have realized that I made a mistake I didn’t give you the credit I should have and I don’t want to live my life knowing that I kept you from true happiness…and because I love you.” Jeff said as his chin began to quiver and his eyes became misty.

Liz got up and did what she hadn’t done in years.

She willingly wrapped her arms around his waist and hugged him.

They sat for over an hour in her bedroom and talked really talked about everything.

“Dad I have to go. I still need some time alone and I hope you understand that.” Liz said as she grabbed her purse and hooked it over her neck. She then went and picked up her carry on luggage.

“Thank you for being honest with me and talking to the way that you did today.” Liz said a small shy smile on her face.

Jeff choked back tears as he kissed her forehead and in a teary voice said “Make sure to call me at once when you have settled down.” He then walked out of the room.

Liz looked at her watch and saw that she had to be at the airport in 3 hours, but first there was something she had to do.

<center>~*~*~</center>

Max had just said good by to Isabel, Alex and the baby when he heard someone knocking at the front door.

It had literally been a few minutes ago that they had left and since he wasn’t expecting anyone he assumed that it was them and that they had forgotten something.

He opened the door without looking through the peep hole and the last thing he had expected to see was Liz Parker standing on his porch.

“Hi Max can I come in?” Liz asked timidly as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

Max moved to one side.

Liz walked into the living room and noticed how quiet the house was.

“Did Michael and Maria leave?” She asked.

“Yeah they left 3 days ago.” Max pointed to the sofa as he took a seat in the lazy boy across from the sofa.

The both sat in silence for a moment before curiosity got the best of Max.

“What are you doing here?”

Liz took in a deep breathe at hearing that question.

She looked at him then and just took in the features of his face, the brown eyes that sometimes looked like the color of sherry.

His full lips the sexy little beauty mark above his lip. She looked into his eyes and said “Thank you.”

“Thanks for what I’m confused.” Max asked as he sat forward in his seat and stared at her.

“For not taking the money and for coming back to see me after my father threw you out.” Liz said as she looked down into her lap and fidgeted with something she was holding.

Max got up from the easy chair he was sitting in and sat down beside her.

A ghost of a smile appeared on his face when he saw that what she was fidgeting with was the flower he had given her.

“My father and I had a really long talk today and he told me what he tried to do with the check...”

“I refused it...”

“Max he told me that you refused it, I know that we have both made mistakes and we weren’t honest with each other…but I want to give us another shot... If you are willing to start over too.”

Max did what he had been wanting to do since he saw her at the door. He leaned over and kissed her slowly savoring the feel of her soft lips.

Her hands worked there way into the nape of his neck and as she kissed him back just as passionately.

Liz eyes shot open when she saw tiny white lights twinkling around there heads.

Max opened his eyes and saw the lights for a few seconds before they were gone.

“Sorry guess that you make me go all supernatural.” Max said embarrassed by his reaction to there kiss.

Liz smiled and placed a quick kiss on his lips.

“What I was trying to say is that if you can forgive me, I have already forgiven you, I love you.” Liz said as she looked into his eyes.

Max blinked once then twice as he realized that he had been given a second chance.

He picked her up from where she had been sitting, his arms around her waist as her feet dangled above the floor.

“I love you thanks for giving me a second chance.” Max said as he gently pressed his lips to hers in soft quick pecks.

“And you forgive me too?” Liz asked as she placed her palm to his cheek and looked into his eyes.

Max kissed the tip of her nose then gently placed his forehead against hers. “I have no idea what you are talking about.”

Liz threw back her head and laughed knowing that her future was starting from this moment on… in the arms of the man she loved with all her heart.

<center>Epilogue:</center>

Liz looked up from the baby bottle she was washing and cocked her head to one side listening tentatively.

A few seconds passed when she heard the faint wail of her daughter.

Liz quickly rinsed her hands of dishwashing soap grabbed a dish towel and hurriedly dried her hands before rushing out of the kitchen.

As she reached the hallway leading to the baby’s room a smile tugged at the corners of her lips as her gaze fell to a framed picture of her wedding day on the wall.

“Flashback”

Maria and Isabel held there breathe as Liz stepped out of the white stretched limo and into the private gazebo over looking the beach. Liz carefully pushed the gossamer thin veil off her face and looked from Maria to Isabel waiting for a reaction.

Liz laughed when Isabel and Maria’s high pitch scream filled the air.

“You look like a princess.” Isabel said as she grabbed the skirt of the princess style wedding dress and fluffed it out around her.

Maria dabbed at the corners of her eyes trying to keep the happy tears from ruining her makeup.

Liz smiled her deep brown eyes shining with happiness and excitement.

“Ok the men are already waiting on the beach.” Isabel said as she handed Liz a beautiful bouquet of white baby roses infused with baby blue forget me nots.

Liz nodded and quickly headed for the stairs that would take her down on to the sand and to her future husband.

“It took so many twists and turns to get to this point but were here.” Liz thought as Isabel and Maria lined up in front of her.

Suddenly the air was filled with her favorite classical song and it was time for her to make the short trip across the sand to where Max stood under an arch of orchids.

Michael and Alex holding Colin in a tiny little baby tux stood to the side of Max smiles on there faces as they watched the women that they loved making there way the sand.

Liz looked down at her dress and made sure that the strapless corset style top was firmly in place, she puffed out the long skirt that flared out at her waist one more time before she tossed her sandals off and began her barefoot walk towards Max.

When she made eye contact with him her heart seemed to skip a beat and when she looked into his eyes he mouthed the words “I love you.”

Happy tears began to blur her vision.

“End of Flashback”

Liz gently opened the door to the baby’s nursery and the first thing she saw was her two year old daughter Hanna Marie Evans holding on to the rail of the crib and jumping up and down.

“Well hello little one you’re supposed to be sleeping.” Liz said as she reached into the crib and scooped her up and into her arms.

Hanna wrapped her chubby little arms around Liz’s neck and squeezed tightly.

Liz closed her eyes and took in the faint smell of baby powder as she dug her nose into Hanna’s thick long brown curls.

“Mama down Hanna down.” She said as she stuck her index finger in her mouth and looked into her mothers’ identical brown eyes.

“Ok pumpkin mama will put you down in a minute.” Liz said as she carried her out to the large very comfortable living room.

Liz was just about to sit down on the shiny wood floor to play blocks with the baby when the phone rang.

She jumped up and grabbed the portable phone.

As she watched Hanna bang two blocks together a smile appeared on her face.

“Hello my love.” Max said Liz could tell that he was smiling just from the tone of his voice.

“Hey baby how are you?”

“I’m great honey how are my babies doing?”

“We’re fine Max I was just about to turn on the TV.”

“Then I have perfect timing I’m about to go on, wish me luck.” Max said.

“Luck!” Liz said they said good bye and Liz scrambled to fine the remote for the T.V.

“Hanna come here babe, we’re gonna see Daddy.” Liz then turned scooped her up off the floor and turned the TV on.

She quickly found the channel she was looking for and waited anxiously through commercials.

Moments later the early morning news show came on and Liz sat a squirming Hanna on her lap and pointed towards the screen.

“Good morning USA we are here today with the very talented author who’s novel has been at the New York’s Best seller list for a consecutive 14 weeks…Max Evans…pleasure to have you with us today.” The host of the show smiled as the camera zoomed in on Max.

“Thank you, it’s great to be here.” Max said as he sat up straight and placed his hands together on his lap.
“So how does it feel to have your first novel titled “Twist of Fate” be received so very well?” The interviewer asked.

“It’s really a dream come true, I’m very lucky.” Max smiled.

“Is it true that it’s based off a true story?” the host asked.

“Actually it’s loosely based off a true story…my wife’s and I.” Max said as he smiled.

“That is truly amazing… I have to tell you I read the story myself and I’m not embarrassed to say this in front of millions viewers but I choked up.”

Liz who was hundreds of miles away laughed as Hanna jumped off her lap and was currently pointing at the TV and yelling Daddy, Daddy at the top of her lungs.

Liz couldn’t contain the feeling of pride as she listened and watched Max’s interview.

She knew that this was his dream come true…as the show came to an end Max shook the hosts hand and the show went to commercial.

Liz picked up the cordless phone and waited… a few seconds later it began to ring just as she knew it would.

“You did great Max!” Liz said with a huge grin on her face.

“Thanks babe it was nerve racking though.” He was loosening his tie as he spoke to Liz.

“When are you getting home honey?” Liz asked as she walked over to the bay window in the back of the house that over looked the beautiful Maui coast line.

“Babe I’m leaving for the airport as we speak see you soon….Liz I love you.” Max said as she said I love you back and they hung up the phone.

10 Minutes later the phone rang again this time it was her father.

“Hey dad…yes the interview was great… yea I’m proud of him too… I’ll tell him that you called… the baby is fine, we’ll see you next month... love you too Dad.” Liz said as she hung up a smile on her face.

She was thankful that everything between her father, herself and Max had worked itself out they way it did. Jeff and Max were actually friends now and that in itself was amazing even though it took a while for them to get to that point she was glad that it had.

Hanna then stood at her feet and threw her arms up at her mother a big smile on her face.

“Daddy will be home soon princess.” Liz said as she bent over and picked her up spinning her in a small circle that made Hanna cry out in happiness.

Much, Much later that night:

Liz had been sleeping on her side when she felt kisses being trailed from her collarbone to the ear.

She sleepily rolled over onto her back and slipped her fingers through his silky short brown hair.

When she opened her eyes a sexy little smile appeared on her face as she opened her arms and Max wrapped his arms around hers in return.

Max held his wife in his arms and continued to place soft open mouth kisses along her neck and paying special attention to the spot behind her ear that he knew drove her wild.

Liz sighed; she then ran her fingernails lightly down the sides of his body loving the way his muscles bunched up at the slightest touch.

Max then gently laid behind her spooning her body to his.

“I missed you.” Max whispered into her ear.

“I missed you too babe.” Liz said as she teasingly wiggled her bottom into Max’s lap.

She giggled when she felt the proof of his arousal against her bottom.

Her giggle soon turned into a soft moan as his hand slowly made its way under her thin t-shirt and caressed her bare breast bringing her nipple into a taunt pink nub.

Max bit his lower lip at hearing her sexy little moan. She then turned and lay on her back as he stayed on his side caressing her body.

Moments later Max lifted her shirt off and left her naked slim and beautiful body bathed in moonlight coming through a thin curtain.

Liz quickly reached over and slipped Max’s boxers off and began stroking his thick long length in even up and down motion.

Max’s growl of desire made her smile as he gently laid between her open thigh’s and brought his mouth to hers in a possessive kiss.

Max teased her endlessly with kisses, soft nibbling on her lips then his tongue explored all the contours of her mouth making her tremble with need.

With shaky hands she ran her fingernails down his back and stopped at his hard muscular but giving him a nice hard squeeze which made him suck in a deep breathe.

“I adore you Liz.” He whispered as he looked into her eyes before entering her wet warmth in one fluid thrust.

Liz’s back arched off the bed and as she squeezed his but pushing him deeper into her.

Max then withdrew completely and bent down to suckle her nipple making her beg and plead for more.

Max then began to thrust into her body in even short strokes until he felt the fluttering of his wife’s body around him.

Waves of pleasure washed over them as together they came crying out each others name and then wrapping themselves around each other …together…as one more in love with each other then ever before.

Later as Liz slept peacefully in his arms he whispered “I love you Liz Evans, I’m glad that it was me that found you that night on the beach.”

He was surprised when Liz sleepily opened her eyes and gently placed her palm on his cheek and said “It was fate Max… a simple Twist of Fate.”

The End.

So thats it folks.. I really hope that you liked it.. thanks for sticking along for the ride and just a FYI.. I'm working on some new fics :D Thank you again.

Frances