Change of heart, Adult/CC+UC&Slash

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

I feel a bemused smile cross my lips. I've known for a long time that Michael and Maria were crazy for each other so in that regard, it feels like I've always known this day would come. On the other hand, they were constantly annoying each other and getting angry -- particularly Maria. I don't know if she understood how hard it was for Michael to really let her in. It's almost as if he's been afraid, not just because of what we are and those risks, but on a personal level. Afraid to trust because he didn't want to be let down. While Maria, was so open and volitile... Sometimes, I've really have been afraid that they were too different, that they'd end up hurting each other.

But now, well, it looks like they've a decision. From the looks on their faces, it's the right one -- at least for now. I feel Liz's arm around my waist and I turn to give her a warm smile. My wife. My destiny. Everything is good when she's around... So why do I feel so strange now? I can feel Kyle's eyes on us and I can still hear his words echoing in my head. 'You're pathetic.' ... 'You're blind'. No... He just doesn't understand.

My smile grows bigger as Isabel steps forward to hug Michael, offering her congratulations. As Isabel releases him, I step forward. Liz moves with me, her arm still around my waist. I release her and wrap my arms around Michael in a fierce hug. "Way to go, Michael!" I tell him, hitting him on the back. Glad that he made a decision and that he and Maria would be happy. Turning slightly as I relax my grip on my 'brother,' I tell his fiance, "Congratulations, Maria."

I'm really glad things have worked out for them. Michael needs someone to really be there for him. Someone more than me and Isabel. I hope that it works. It will kill him if she leaves but she has to know what she's getting into by now...
nickimlow
Addicted Roswellian

Post by nickimlow »

Isabel

"Thank you," Michael whispered. As I pulled away, I thought I saw his eyes shining. This was Michael Guerin, mind you- the headstrong, seemingly-emotionless boy I'd known since . . . since forever. And he was crying . . . how often was it that the guy cried? I knew how deep our relationship was- we were like brother and sister. We had shared countless memories together, good times and bad. And all of it, I wouldn't ever have traded it in for anything . . .

A nagging voice popped into my head, saying, Not even if you could get Jesse back?

I looked back at Michael, and shook my head to myself. I loved Michael as a brother, as much as I loved Jesse as my husband. Neither would I have given to have the other. No, not even that.

"You're the man," I said with a grin, giving his cheek a light smack to discretely brush a stray tear away. He wouldn't want everyone seeing him cry, know would he?

When Max came up to Michael to congratulate him, I slipped away and went to Maria. The girl was nice enough, despite being as stubborn as Micahel was sometimes. I had to admit that she hadn't been my favourite person in the beginning, but I knew how much Michael loved her, how much she meant to him. Sure, they argued a bit- well, okay, a lot. But they always found a way to patch things up all over again.

"Congratulations, Maria." After exchanging a brief hug, I whispered, "Good luck with him." Then again, Maria was an expert at handling Michael at this point. She was more than aware of her fiance's personality.

Seeing the glow that lit up both Michael and Maria's faces brought me back to the time when Jesse and I were engaged . . . how I'd made a fool out of myself at the restaurant . . . how Alex had urged me to go . . .

I just didn't have luck with men. First Alex, now Jesse. Maybe it was time to give up all together and start being happy for everyone else- like, being happy that they were happy, since I couldn't be happy on my own.
Roswell4ever1
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswell4ever1 »

~Michael~

You're the man. I chuckled at Isabel's statement and look at her, thanking her with my eyes for covering my moment of weakness. I was never one to show much if any kind of emotion and I really didn't want to start now.

Way to go, Michael! Max says as he pats me on the back. Pulling him to me, I grab him in a brief brotherly hug that ended about as quickly as it started. Pullng back, I grinned. "Couldn't let you have all the fun now could I?"

Walking up behind Maria, I wrapped my arms around her waist and once again reveled in the fact that she didn't leave. I was so close to losing her this time and had I not finally pulled my head out, that's exactly what would have happened.

I looked around at everyone and was so relieved at how well they all had taken the news. I don't know why but I didn't expect it to go over real well. Everyone had been through hell the past two years and it was only getting harder so good news didn't always seem good. At least not to everyone. I couldn't help but think that that was what was happening here. That at least one of them wasn't taking it as well as they were letting on. I felt guilty as hell for being happy when I knew that some of the others weren't.

Ninety percent of what everyone was going through today was my fault. If I hadn't taken the stupid chances that I did a lot of times, we'd probably all still be in Roswell living as normal of lives as was possible for us like we had managed to do for the past twelve years. None of us would be on the run, none of us would have had to leave anyone or anything behind. And for that I could kick myself in the ass. But there's nothing I can do to take it back. Nothing I can do to make it right. I would give my life to give them all the kind of lives they deserved.

The thought of Maria getting married without her mom being there is killing me and I know it has to be weighing heavily on her too. But I don't know what to do about it. There had to be a way to make things right for everyone. But how? Knowing I had to find a way, I looked down at my watch. It was already 7:56 in the evening and we still had miles to cover.

"We should really go."
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

By now, everyone seems to be beaming and glad for Michael and Maria. Seems to be... I peek at Kyle through the corner of my eye and see that his eyes are a bit shadowed. Even Isabel's bright smile is slightly dim. She hasn't been fully happy since we left Roswell, I think. I know she misses Jesse a lot and news like this can't help but make her slightly melancoly.

"We should really go," Michael says.

"Yeah, we should," I agree. I know my conversation with Kyle has delayed us a bit. I slide my arm around Liz's waist, pulling her close again. "Who wants to drive?"

Michael usually prefers to drive and he's behind the wheel at least 50% of the time, but I have a feeling he'll be wanting to sit next to Maria right now. And frankly, I'm needing Liz myself. I hope Kyle or Isabel will step forward.
nickimlow
Addicted Roswellian

Post by nickimlow »

Isabel

By pulling Liz closer to him, I had a feeling that Max was not going to volunteer to drive. As for Michael and Maria- well, needless to say, the both of them weren't to eager to stay away from each other either. I glanced over at Kyle, knowing that it was either me or him.

"Me," I said quickly, beating him to it. Before I got a response, I hopped back to the van and into the driver's seat.

With Kyle and me in front, who knew what was going to be happening at the back. I shuddered to imagine.

"It's my turn," I quipped. "Next stop- Mmm . . . next stop, anywhere I take us to."

How I worried about Jesse and my parents and everyone else whom we left behind, how I needed Liz's counsel in this matter . . . all of that would have to wait. At least I had a reason to stay awake now.
Anna-Liisa
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Anna-Liisa »

Kyle

Gongratulating continued and I just tried to keep the smile on. I felt like crying on the inside though, because I had been a total jerk to Max and I didn't even say I was sorry that I ranted at him. Though I didn't even have a reason to apologize, but I wanted to. It wasn't fair for me to yell at him when I was the one who was too slow and didn't stop the wedding in the first place.

Isabel says she'll drive and I mentally hit myself. I was too slow again. Oh well, I could always get away from the couple.

"I'll join you while you drive...That'll give these two couples," I said pointing at Max and Liz, Michael and Maria "some privacy. Besides...I'm not feeling like watching a kissing contest...though I guess there isn't even any room left back there.." I finished, rolling my eyes.

I grinned a bit, trying to show her I was fine as I sat down to the seat next to her.
The only "ism" Hollywood believes in is plagiarism.
- Dorothy Parker
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

I'm grateful when Isabel volunteers. I climb into the van with Liz, the two of us sitting together in the middle seat. Michael and Maria take the rear seat where they can be slightly more private in that at least we won't be facing them as they cuddle together.

I pull Liz close to me, kissing the top of her head as Isabel starts the van up and gets on the road.

"You smell nice," I tell her as I lean down to kiss her on the cheek and then more deeply on the mouth. I can't help but find myself searching. Exploring that connection we share. Comparing it to what it was with Kyle, wanting it to be something different, better. More real.

I can see the back of Kyle's head as he looks pointedly ahead, staring at the road. I remember the feel of his lips as I kiss Liz's.

I feel so ... confused...

No. Liz is my wife. I promised her forever. I did. If Kyle felt this way all this time, why didn't he say anything before I was married? Why couldn't he have kissed me then when I had a choice? I never even imagined it was an option.

No. I'm not gay. Am I? I've had feelings for Liz almost all my life. Not Kyle. Not any guy.

So why am I watching Kyle so intently, wonderingly, while Liz is snuggled in my arms?
StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

~Maria~

"Good for you.." Kyle responds and I can hear a hesitation of sorts in his voice, wondering about it, "It's good to have something happy, since we've been having some bad times for a while..."

I watch as Isabel moves over toward me and Michael and I can't help but wonder exactly how she's going to react. "You finally did it, Michael," I said, laughing to hide my sadness. "The road ahead . . . it's beautiful. Promise you'll make the most of it, okay?" Ok, so she had a smile, which was a good sign, but why did it seem wrong to be so happy with her not having Jesse there for her?

"Way to go, Michael!" Max says to Michael, hitting him on the back in a congrats. He turns to me and I smile, "Congratulations, Maria."

"Congratulations, Maria." Isabel gives me a brief hug and I have to say I'm really surprised and I feel more tears of joy fill my eyes. Damn, I haven't really stopped since Michael told me he loved me and didn't want to lose me. Isabel whispers, "Good luck with him." I can't help but chuckle at that.

"Thanks Isabel," I tell her softly before looking at everyone, "Thanks everyone." I didn't really know what else to say, the fact that none of them had any sort of objections to what we were wanting to do.

"We should really go." Michael says, breaking the moment and I hate to admit that I was a bit too wrapped up in the moment and had forgotten that we were running behind. I feel myself blush at that.

"Yeah, we should," Max agrees, and I watch him pull Liz closer. "Who wants to drive?"

~Liz~

"Me," Isabel responds after Max asks who wants to drive. I'm glad to know that he's not planning on doing so. I want some time with my husband, but I also know that everyone around us might at times need time with him.

"It's my turn," She tried to tease, "Next stop- Mmm . . . next stop, anywhere I take us to."

I climb into the van with Max, taking the middle seat and love it when Max puts his arm around me and pulls me close. He kisses my forehead as Isabel starts driving and I smile.

"You smell nice," Max tells me and I close my eyes as I feel his lips against my cheek and then against my own lips. I responded eagerly, wrapping my arms around his neck. Was there a hesitation? Even as I began to think on it, I mentally shook the thought away. Max and I loved each other, we were married, why would there be anything wrong?

We've just had little time on the road where we could really have time to ourselves without worrying that we'd need to get moving again. Smiling, I pull back to look at Max, "I love you, Max."
A List of All My Fics

My Avatar is an amazing Thai actor named Earth, he also goes by Cooheart and the BL's he acts in inspire writing.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

I was kinda waiting on a Kyle post, lol. But after that, wanna skip ahead to where-ever Isabel brings us?

*Max*

Liz says she loves me and I feel the familiar warmth flooding through me at the words, but there's something else, something weird. Afterall, Kyle just said the same thing. He told me he loves me...

"I love you, too, Liz. You know that," I lean in and kiss her again, long and slow. I do love her. I always will.

I can hear Kyle's words echoing through my head. 'There's nothing in her. It's pathetic.' It's not true. Liz is so many things. I've seen into her memories, into her heart. I know she's true. She loves me. I've hurt her and she's hurt me, that's true -- but Kyle was part of it at least one time. I could argue that he hurt me, too, although from him it wasn't a betrayal...

It wasn't from Liz, either. It just looked that way. And felt that way. Even knowing the truth it still hurts to remember it. But we got through it. No matter how many times we broke up, we always ended up together again because this is where I belong. With Liz.

I feel sure about that as I hold Liz close. Confident. -- And then I catch a glimpse of the side of Kyle's face in the mirror ...
Roswell4ever1
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswell4ever1 »

~Michael~

Climbing into the back of the van, I wait for Maria to climb in next to me. Normally I would have chosen to drive, but right now, I just want to be with her which although unusual for me, is warming. Funny how it takes someone almost leaving you to wake your ass up. The fact is, I could have lived without Maria. Physically. But that's all I would have been. A body. My heart and soul would have gone with her. I've been empty before. I've spent most of my life that way. But I don't feel that way now and although people may see me as changing, I really don't give a damn what they think. I finally have what I really want and I'm not about to let it go.

Looking toward the front of the van, I see that Isabel's gone into full driver mode. I was worried about how she was going to take the news but she took it a lot better than I expected. Something tells me she's not the one I should have been worried about though.

"You alright Valenti?" I ask, scratching my eyebrow.