Things that made you want to bang your head against anything

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Catalyst
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Catalyst »

Everytime the writers dropped a storyline with no warning whatsoever, it drove me crazy. And when they abandoned really good characters (Riverdog, Eddie, Brodie, ect.) for no reason.

Oh, and then there was the even that set me into my year long vacation on the Nile... they killed Alex. And I won't even go past there.
fetch
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Things that made you want to bang your head against anyt

Post by fetch »

Sologirl102 wrote:Anything in the plot annoy you? Did you find yourself hitting your head repeatedly after watching an episode?
For me, it was when stupid insignifigent things interfered with true love. Destiny, Michael obsessed skins, Michael getting sick, Isabel going all ice princess when ever Alex reached out, Alex dying, and Maria freaking out.
It all came to light when i started banging my head against jello.
Um. Really? You'd want the whole show to be just Max and Liz staring at each other?
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Things that made you want to bang your head against anyt

Post by Chrisken »

fetch wrote:Um. Really? You'd want the whole show to be just Max and Liz staring at each other?
Hehehe, it might be funny just to see all the diehard dreamers watching that for hours at a time. :lol: j/k

Seriously, though, there are writers in the fandom who have proved, I think, that you can keep the Roswell fandom interesting, with whole bunches of stuff happening, but NOT keeping the main couples apart or heaping dump truck loads of angst down on them.

But JK was obsessed with making his lovers just about as 'star crossed' as possible. *sighs.*
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

Sologirl102
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sologirl102 »

well it wasn't just Max and Liz who were in love. Isabel and Alex were, and so were Michael and Maria. I mean the plots were fine, it's just WHY did so many of them have to result in 1+ couple breaking up? :x :x :x :x :x :x
Magic Mushroom Omelets. You know what I'm talking about.

"Do it, or I'll snap your neck, pour jelly on your body, and pray to the GODS OF JELLY... to BURN YOUR SOUL in A JELLY LIKE HELL! Now GET THE JELLY!" - Dane Cook
(Sorry, I was watching Comedy Central)
Sologirl102
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sologirl102 »

it was like waving red in front of a bull. After every breakup episode, I wanted to commit writer-cide, which is like homicide, only not.
Magic Mushroom Omelets. You know what I'm talking about.

"Do it, or I'll snap your neck, pour jelly on your body, and pray to the GODS OF JELLY... to BURN YOUR SOUL in A JELLY LIKE HELL! Now GET THE JELLY!" - Dane Cook
(Sorry, I was watching Comedy Central)
Luvya
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luvya »

Season Three annoyed me completly, also killing off Alex, complety destroying Tess's character.... prom.... End of The World could have been a good plot line but no they stuff that up....

I'm not going to write any more :wink:
Peachykin
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Peachykin »

I've said this on a few other boards, but Liz holding a gun, letting alone pointing one at another person. She was a gunshot victim! Hello tv writers. Shall we explore psychology here?
Polar, Xtremer, Drifter. Michael. Alec. Dean. Unapologetic. Flawed. And you know... real men.
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

Peachykin wrote:I've said this on a few other boards, but Liz holding a gun, letting alone pointing one at another person. She was a gunshot victim! Hello tv writers. Shall we explore psychology here?
Hmm... to me that seems like a bit of a generalization. Because she was a gunshot victim, she'd never pick one up herself, no matter how determined she was? (Then again, to be honest, I don't know that much about gunshot victim psychology.)

I have Liz grabbing a firearm in at least one of my fics, and even shooting it to scare someone off, though she scares herself almost as badly. Not sure if I wrote that part before or after 'busted' aired. (Also using an alien ray gun, in a different story, though that isn't really the same thing now is it? ;) )
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

Peachykin
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Peachykin »

I think what bothered me about Liz and the gun in this instance where its different in your fic is that she was using the gun against someone. Whereas in your fic she was using it in self defense.

A lot of gunshot victims have very adverse reactions to gun. Loud noises frighten them. Make them jumpy. But then again Liz was never really allowed the normal process of dealing with being shot. Max healed her, thankfully, otherwise her wound would have been fatal. But there wasn't that long healing process and she was dealing with a whole other drama following her shoooting.

So the psychology there is a little screwy. But it was just very hard to watch her pointing that gun and that clerk and yelling and threatening when how many times had she been shot at and threatened?

It just really made me bang my head on a wall and wonder if the writers got a bad batch of crack.
:lol:
Polar, Xtremer, Drifter. Michael. Alec. Dean. Unapologetic. Flawed. And you know... real men.
Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Raychelxluscious »

Peachykin wrote:I've said this on a few other boards, but Liz holding a gun, letting alone pointing one at another person. She was a gunshot victim! Hello tv writers. Shall we explore psychology here?
Psychology is interesting...

Just because she was a gunshot victim doesn't mean she'd have a fear of guns or bullets or anything else pertaining to the weapon. I know this for a fact. Some people handle things a bit differently.

And a damn good thing too, because I don't want *every* police officer freakin' out over a gun because they were shot.

...But that's neither here nor there. I agree. Liz as a character as shot (pardon the pun) all to hell in S3. As was everyone else, pretty much. I think someone mentioned this already, and I agree whole-heartedly, that Kyle was the only one who remained true to his character. That's why I heart him so. :)

Raychel
writing is a socially accepted form of schizophrenia

Roswell, New Mexico S1 Watch Party