Music

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Music

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

What's your favorite band, artist, or song?
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
Norma Bates
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Norma Bates »

I love a lot of odd groups. It depends on my mood. My favorite right now is VNV Nation and especially their CD called 'Empire'. Everything on that CD is awsome. My favorite remix of their work is 'Fragments Splinters mix.' Their songs 'Genesis' and 'Beloved' are also top notch.

Other favorites are Headscan, Golden Palominos (CDs 'Pure' and 'Dead Inside' only), Laurie Anderson and King Crimson (especially their Baroque Rock period).
I love my horse. Really.
RoswellFan1947
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by RoswellFan1947 »

FAV ARTISTS

Mandy Moore
Hilary Duff
Britney Spears
Jessica Simpson
Shakira
Ashlee Simpson
Carrie Underwood
Brie Larson
Majandra Delfino
Jojo
Gavin Degraw
Diana Degarmo

FAV BANDS

Simple Plan
Green Day
The Gorillaz
System of a Down
Linkin Park
Good Charlotte
"THE WHITS" (lol)

FAV GROUPS

Outkast
Black Eyed Peas
Mystique
girl afraid
Addicted Roswellian

Post by girl afraid »

Some of my favourite artists and stuff I listen to:

The Smiths, Morrissey, Joy Division, The Kinks, The Beatles, John Lennon, The Fall, Echo And The Bunnymen, Pulp, The Cure, Patti Smith, The Pixies, Bob Dylan, PJ Harvey, Pink Floyd, New York Dolls, Velvet Underground, Nico, New Order, The Cult, Joni Mitchell, The Ramones, Sonic Youth, Led Zeppelin, Cat Power, Nancy Sinatra, The Breeders, Jane's Addiction, David Bowie, Blondie, Radiohead, Bjork, The Pretenders, The Cramps, Jeff Buckley, My Bloody Valentine, Kate Bush, The Who, Fiona Apple, The Charlatans, Blur, The Beach Boys, Oasis, Happy Mondays, The Stone Roses, Marianne Faithfull, Liz Phair, The B52s, Devo, The Doors, Franz Ferdinand, Janis Joplin, Sparks, Elliott Smith, The Clash, Duran Duran, The Church, Mazzy Star, Grandmaster Flash, Kirsty McColl, The Go-Betweens, At The Drive-In, Gary Numan, Jesus and Mary Chain, Dead or Alive, Madonna, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Garbage, The Cranberries, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Veruca Salt, Public Enemy, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, De La Soul, Dusty Springfield, Psychedlic Furs, Queens of the Stone Age, Depeche Mode, Dandy Warhols.

I'm mostly a 1980s indie/new wave/classic 60s70s rock girl. I hate nu-metal, middle of the road soft rock, pop punk, R&B and prissy little girlie pop stars.....which basically means I detest nearly everything on the charts currently. :lol:
it's better to rise than fade away.
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian

Well, I'm more of a rock/soft rock person. I hate poppy stuff from Jessica Simpson, Britany Spears, Justine Timberlake... :roll: jeez, get some depth will you? (This is of couse, my opinion, and it is not meant to offend anyone who doesn't agree)

I love the bands Maroon 5, 3 Doors Down, Switchfoot and Matchbox 20.

Single artists I like Ryan Cabrera, Tyler Hilton (Ok, these guys might not have that much depth, but they're so cute, I just can resist, lol) and there are more that I can't think of at the moment.

My songs of the week are Meant to Live by Switchfoot, Let Me Go by 3 Doors Down (although the radio is starting to overplay that song :x ) I Feel You by 3 Doors Down, Son's Gonna Rise by Citizen Cope....and that's all I can think of at the moment.

Oh and I also like newer country (I know weird mix right? I like Rock/Soft Rock, and country, lol) like the Rascal Flatts.
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
Surfgirl02
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Surfgirl02 »

I am a rock and roll girl myself. The best concert I have ever gone to was this band Dispatch at the Hatch Shell in Boston. It was a free concert and 110,000 people showed up. They played continuously for 3 hours. Everyone was dancing and singing...it was amazing, such a rush. If your into Ben Harper,or Jack Johnson or even the Dave Matthews Band (Their older stuff from like Remeber Two Things up until Crash) I highly recommend them.

Another AMAZING group to hear live is Better Than Ezra. I saw them about 4 years ago at India Point Park in Providence...also for free. They're set was supposed to end at 8 but they refused to leave the stage and kept on playing until the people in charge finally had to shut them down. They were so energetic and everyone was jumping. So cool. It's funy...Maroon 5 opened for them and noone knew who they were...it's funny to think that. we were listening to them play and we were like who the fuck are these guys...They're awesome. My friends and I went out to look for the cd the next day and couldn't find it anywhere. Look at them now...they're everywhere.

I've started listening to 80's rock lately....The Smiths, The Cure, Billy Idol, Duran Duran, The Ramones, and the Bangles.

I don't really do the whole commercial American Idol, Disney spawned pop crap. I'll admit some of them are extremely talented singers but their music really just doesn't speak to me.

I also have this little guilty pleasure of listening to classical music...it makes me feel cultured....lol. I have this thing for any music that include a fiddle or a violin...hence the aforementioned liking of DMB...Boyd knows how to work a fiddle. :D Makes me happy.
And they say
Open up, we're coming inside
You can't run so you may as well hide
We got the place covered from head to toe, head to toe
Open up, we're coming inside
What's it feel like to know you're going to die?
On the other side of the road
~Dispatch "Open Up"
girl afraid
Addicted Roswellian

Post by girl afraid »

Another person who likes The Smiths? Yay! 1980s alternative music is the best. :D

I sometimes listen to classical music too, it's very soothing to me.
it's better to rise than fade away.
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian

Maroon 5 opened for them and noone knew who they were...it's funny to think that. we were listening to them play and we were like who the fuck are these guys...They're awesome. My friends and I went out to look for the cd the next day and couldn't find it anywhere. Look at them now...they're everywhere
lol, thats funny! I knew who they were before everyone else did, and I was like 'wow, what a great band. When will people wake up and see that?' but then people did and it got me mad because they were just jumping on the bandwagon :x I can't stand people like Hilary Duff and Linsay Lohan. It's just so pointless...unless you just want to dance, and then I guess it's ok. I do like Kelly Clarkson, since her music has gotten an edge lately.
Last edited by maxandliz4ever1357 on Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lorastar »

Maroon 5 is amazing. My boyfriend can't stand them, but I've loved them for a few years already. I have no idea where they started or what their names are, so I'm not a hardcore fan or anything, but I've loved their music since the first time I heard Harder to Breathe three years ago.

My all time favorite band is HIM! I absolutely love them. They were on tour in the US last fall, so my friends and I went to see them at SOMA (San Diego) and The Avalon (Hollywood). Tha AValon show was amazing, out of this world, spectacular, life changing. :lol:

-lora
<center>Image</center>
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian

Maroon 5 is amazing. My boyfriend can't stand them, but I've loved them for a few years already. I have no idea where they started or what their names are, so I'm not a hardcore fan or anything, but I've loved their music since the first time I heard Harder to Breathe three years ago.
Definitely! That's one of my favorites. I heard it on the radio once and went straight home to get on the net and look up the lyrics, lol.