Spoiled (M/L TEEN 1/1) 4/29/05

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Spoiled (M/L TEEN 1/1) 4/29/05

Post by vegas312 »

Title: Spoiled

Author: Vegas312

Rating: Teen

Coupling: M/L

Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell so please don’t sue, although I wouldn’t mind having Colin’s phone number.

Summary: Post Heart of Mine. What were Liz’s thoughts about what happened at prom? Also did Max ever try to fix what happened?

AN: I know bad me bad for writing something new when I got two other stories I need to finish. I blame the muse for rearing up with this idea. Don’t worry this is just a one parter and the muse is working on the other stories as we speak. Anyway the title comes from the song "Spoiled" by Joss Stone and is totally inspired by it. Song lyrics are in Italics. Happy reading.

‘I kinda thought that I'd be better off by myself

I've never been so wrong before

You made it impossible for me to ever

Love somebody else

And now I don't know what I left you for’

"So we’re here at your house, and we’ve arrived without any accidents," Sean smiled at Liz who sat looking out the passenger window.

Turning back to look at him she smiled, "Thanks for getting me home in one piece, and for the lane walking lesson as well. You were right that it would be fun."

"Maybe we can do it again some other time and maybe do some actual bowling," he reached over to push a strand of hair behind her ear.

‘See I thought that I could replace you

He can't love me the way you do

‘Till now I never knew

Baby’

She flinched and moved away, "Well I guess I better go since it’s way past my curfew." She started to open the door when he grabbed her wrist to stop her from leaving.

"Liz, I don’t know what I did to frighten you off, but I’m being honest when I say that I would really like to go out again. Do you think that’s possible? If not then I can totally respect that although I will keep trying to persuade you to see what a great catch I am."

Liz turned back to look at Sean and she tried to smile at him, but she just couldn’t. As much as she wanted to like him as a girl likes a boy she just couldn’t or maybe it was more like her heart simply did not beat for him. God things would be much simpler if she could just fall for someone like him, and he was a really nice guy once you get past the whole rebel without a cause attitude. Still her heart belonged to someone else and even if she couldn’t be with him she simply wasn’t going to be with anyone else. Max Evans whether he wanted to or not had simply spoiled her for other men.

‘I'm spoiled

By your love boy

No matter how I try to change my mind

What's the point it's just a waste of time

I'm spoiled by your touch boy

The love you give is just too hard to fight

Don't want to live without you in my life

I'm spoiled’

"Sean, I really like you as," she started but was interrupted.

"Parker if you’re going to give me the let’s me friends speech then please just save it for someone else. I kind of knew that you were going to say that, but you know me I never like to give up. So today you turned me down, but maybe tomorrow you’ll change your mind or maybe the next day," he smiled at her.

She shook her head at him and smiled sadly, "Goodbye." With a kiss on the cheek she opened the car door and hurried to her apartment door. He waited until she had opened the door and waved at him. "Goodbye Parker. I hope Evans appreciate you," he whispered before pulling off.

‘I tried to tell myself that I'd be over you in a week or two

But baby that was 'bout a year ago

I've never seen the word love so personified as I do with you

And that is why I just can't let go, oh no’

Locking the door behind her leaned down and pulled her heels off not wanting to make a lot of noise in case her parents were awake. She started up the steps and angrily wiped at the tears that had started falling down. ‘Why can’t life ever be simple? I wish things would go back to the way they were before Tess showed up with her tale of destiny. I’m really starting to despise that word and now it looks like Max is embracing his alien side and Tess. Why did I think I could pull this off? This whole not having Max in my life. We didn’t even have a year together before everything went downhill.’

Finally reaching her room she opened the door with a sigh and gasped when she turned on the light. On her bed asleep was Max still wearing his tuxedo and holding a single white rose while snoring.

‘I'm spoiled

By your love boy

I'm spoiled’

Putting her heels on the floor and tossing her shawl beside it, she padded over to the bed. She stopped and stared at not sure what to do or why he was here. Last time she had saw him he had been kissing Tess, and now he was asleep on her bed. ‘I thought he was going to be with Tess, but he’s here on my bed. What’s going on? What if he wants to get together again? We can’t be together, but I’m tired of fighting my need to be with him.’

‘I tried to tell myself that I'd be over you in a week or two

But baby that was 'bout a year ago

I've never seen the word love so personified as I do with you

And that is why I just can't let go, oh no’

"Max, wake up. What are you doing here," she shook him. He moaned and waved her hand away and cuddled some more with her pillow. Trying not to laugh she reached over to tickle him when his hand caught her wrist and dragged her on the bed next to him. He leaned over her and smiled sleepily, "Oh good you’re here. I’d tried to stay wake but I guess I’m more tired than I thought."

"What are you doing here," she tried to sit up but he wouldn’t let her.

Picking up the rose he handed it to her, "This is for you and I came to say I’m sorry for a crappy night, and about what you saw."

She bit her lip and started to say something but he shook his head at her. "I’m not sure why I kissed her. Maybe it was a way to get back at you or curiosity, but whatever it was it shouldn’t have happened. I don’t want to be with Tess and I know you say we can’t be together, but I would like to at least be friends with you if nothing more. I realized tonight that I rather have you as friend than nothing at all. So can we start over?"

While she knew that she shouldn’t even be this close to him, she realized that craved to have some kind of connection with him even if it was under the mantle that was friendship. "I think I would like that," she smiled at him.

"Good although I did have this whole plan to get you to agree," he teased and laid back down next to her.

"Really? So what was this plan?"

"Well see that’s classified."

"Max Evans you’re such a tease."

"I know what can I say," he pulled her into her arms and settled his chin on her head and relaxed when she didn’t pull away. The two laid quietly and fell asleep happy to be right where they are.

‘I'm spoiled

By your love boy

I'm spoiled’
Last edited by vegas312 on Fri May 13, 2005 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.