Spread 'Em (AU M/L,NA ADULT) (Complete)

This is the gallery for the winners of the fanfic awards to show off their fics, and their banners!

Moderators: Itzstacie, Forum Moderators

Hopeless Romantic
Addicted Roswellian

Spread 'Em (AU M/L,NA ADULT) (Complete)

Post by Hopeless Romantic »

Winner - Round 8

Summary:Max is a cop, Liz is a speed demon. He's stuck in a marriage with a cheating wife, and she just got out of a long relationship. Both have given up on the idea of true love, believing they were never meant to find it. All it takes is one dark night, and Liz's lead foot to change that.

Rating: ADULT

Disclaimer: I own Nothing!

Author's Note: I wasn't going to post this for a while, but I decided to anyway. I am going to try my absolute hardest to update this often, but being a senior and getting close to graduation makes it difficult at times. Feedback is always a good incentive :wink: . This is also my first attempt at posting an NC-17 fic, so I'm sorry if it's horrible!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prologue

His fingers trailed softly along the bare skin of her arm as it rested on the bed, peaking out from beneath the blankets where her body lay between the rumpled sheets. Light streaked in from the open window hitting her features, brightening them as he stared at her while she slept. She was beautiful. Long lashes resting against her face, perfect lips parted slightly as she drew in a breath, cheeks flushed with color from their late night exertions. He wasn’t supposed to be with her in this moment, had no right to be watching her but he could not feel guilty. For all of this he considered her to be a gift, he couldn’t think of her as a mistake, even if he should. It was a thought that shook him, but it could not be denied.

How had this happened? How in those short hours had this changed for him from one night of passion to this burning need within him to know her—to get lost again in that passion and let it take them even farther? It did not seem possible, but as he watched the slight rise and fall of her chest and weaved his fingers gently through the chocolate expanse of her hair as it fanned across the pillow, he knew without a doubt that it was real.

And he did not want it to end. He couldn’t bear the thought of returning to the life he lived before this. The harsh light of reality was peeking through the curtains, and all he wanted to do was pull them shut and get lost in the sounds and feel of darkness, just as they had the night before.

But the persistent sun had other ideas, and a soft groan came from her lips as the light danced across her eyes.

He dipped his head down, placing a soft kiss on the corner of her mouth. It curved into an appreciative smile and was followed by a satisfying moan as she stretched her body into waking. He rained kisses across her cheeks as she woke, and smiled when her own lips found his own. Her eyes stayed closed, blocking out the harsh daylight, because she too knew what it meant for them.

“It can’t be morning yet,” she whispered softly, her lips leaving his only for a moment before finding them again.

He nodded mournfully, his hand coming up to cup her cheek. She was lying on her back as he hovered above her. He could feel his body shudder slightly as her own small hands trailed up his sides and found their way around his neck, her fingers tangling in his hair. Lifting her body from the bed, she reached up and peppered kisses along his jaw and against his neck. She lifted her hips, pushing her lower body against his own. He could feel his body tighten in response.

“It’s still night, Liz. I promise,” he said as he sealed his lips to hers.

His fingers trailed down her body, which arched as she tried to push her body more fully into his hands. They knew reality was upon them but the passion his fingers were evoking in her body tried to push it from their minds. As his hand reached its destination, she let out a small whimper feeling his fingers slide into her easily. She was ready for him, just as she knew he was ready for her and her hips lifted from the bed to get closer to him. A wordless cry slipped from her lips as he was pushed deeper into her body.

“Make love to me, Max?” she pleaded breathily, letting her lips linger by his ear as she spoke. She kissed a trail from his lobe to his chin, her lower body still working against his own. He nodded shakily, his arms trembling as he moved to support himself above her. She whimpered at the loss when he slid his fingers from her body, but it quickly changed to a moan as she felt the tip of him positioned against her entrance. He pushed forward slowly, teasingly reading to get lost in the dream that it was to be inside of her.

But then a shrill ring filled the room as the phone slammed them back to the real world.

With a groan, he rolled off of her, though it took all of his will power to do so, and lifted the receiver from the cradle to place it against his ear.

“Hello?”

She listened as a voice on the other line informed them of their wake up call. She didn’t remember asking for one, and realized that he must’ve done it at some point the night before. He knew they would need to go back to their real lives. After all, he did have a wife he had to get home to.

Feeling childish for the thoughts that had been coming into her mind during their night together, she rolled away from him to the opposite side of the bed. The sheet remained clutched to her bare chest as she sat up, looking around the room in an attempt to find some of her clothes.

It seemed silly to feel self-conscious in front of him, especially after the things they had done the night before, but still she pulled the sheet from the bed as she stood, carefully making sure it wrapped around her nude form. She walked to the curtains, hands trembling as she found the edge. She knew what pulling back this curtain meant. It had not been something she wanted to do, but it seemed the dream was over for them and it was time to wake up.

He placed the phone back on the cradle before turning back to the bed, his heart panging slightly as he saw her back to him, and standing before the curtain. Without announcement, she pulled the curtains open, letting the light fill the room, the last remnant feelings of the previous night slowly fading, as if the sun was causing them to disappear.

She dressed diligently, refusing to look up, and all he could do was sit on the bed and watch as she got ready to leave him. It seemed so easy for her to just pick up like nothing had even happened, but then he supposed that was what she had wanted from the beginning, and he had been the fool to think it was more.

But something told him he could not let it go at that. Without even bothering to cover himself, he stood from the bed and came to where she was standing, her tiny arm reaching out to pick up her discarded skirt as it lay on the floor. She felt his large hands wrap gently around her wrist, stopping her from moving and she found she could not even breathe.

“We don’t have to rush, Liz,” he said carefully.

He wanted her to know that they could stay here, wrap themselves in a cocoon of passion and get lost in each other, blocking out the world as they had done the night before. He wanted to tell her what was going through his head and how he felt, but she remained silent, her gaze still locked on the skirt she had bent to pick up, even though he had pulled her to stand in front of him.

She tried to avert her eyes, feeling that if she looked at him she would lose all self control, but it proved difficult as he stood before her in all his naked glory. He was a god, a masterpiece, but he belonged to someone else.

Checkout was late, and he probably wanted her to know that she could take her time to get dressed, but she felt that it would be better to get out of there, better for them to separate as quickly as possible. This had been just one night for him; she had been stupid to think it could be anything else.

“I think it’d be better if we left now, Max.”

He did not want to go, and he wanted to tell her that, but something stopped him. He didn’t want to make her feel like he had read this the wrong way. So he nodded wordlessly and unwrapped his hand from her delicate wrist, watching as it dropped to her side.

She did not move to pick up the skirt, but looked at him for a second. Both waiting to see if the other would say something, words remained unspoken. She reached to pick up her clothes, and he drew in a deep breath before they silently got dressed to leave.

~~~~~
TBC... What'd you think?
Last edited by Hopeless Romantic on Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:57 am, edited 41 times in total.
<center>

</center>
Hopeless Romantic
Addicted Roswellian

WOW :shock:

Had to double check and make sure this was my fic because there was no way I thought it'd get this kind of response! Must be all the perverts who came because of the title...it's okay, I do the same thing, lol.

I'm done with the next part for you guys just because I came home and found this waiting for me. You guys definitely made my day!

Emz80m - I'll admit the title "I like short skirts" attracted me...and your fic made me want to write a fun NC-17 story. Of course then I start planning and I have to add some angst :roll:

kittens - Don't worry, you'll DEFINITELY be getting a re-enactment

Rozwellmaxandliz - Thanks! I love it too, I used to have an avater with those pictures. I wish it didn't have "Girl Next Door" in it though, doesn't really go with the rest of them. I just liked the movie at the time, but oh well! I still love it. I'm so glad I've peaked your interest, hopefully it stays that way.

Thanks soo much to Everyone Else:
dreamer19
HBGO
WildSphinx
Ellie
Evans3
su-lyn
orphyfets
Strawberry88
begonia9508
RebeccaBehrEvans
- uh, could ur avater be any hotter??
Jason's Lover
BehrObsession
Michelle17
Trixie
frenchkiss70
janesdilemma
Sweet Liz
googi
roswells_hope_lily
linliz68
abbs007
Earth2Mama
believer_evans

It's awesome to see people I recognize from other stories! Hope you guys like this part, it's basically just setting things up, giving a little background on the situations and it all leads up to the good stuff! kittens, i won't make you wait too long!

Enjoy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Part One

“So, are you coming over for dinner tonight or what, Maxwell? You know Maria’s been hassling me to get you to come by ever since you and Tess moved here.”

Max Evans glanced up from his desk to look at his younger brother Michael who was currently standing across from him, arms braced on the table. His sleeves were cuffed at his elbows and as usual, his hair was a mess—he had that rugged, unkempt look about him. He gave off the impression that he was a real “bad boy”. Max couldn’t help but laugh at his “rebel without a cause” attitude, only because he knew that once Maria got involved it was a completely different story.

Max was, on the other hand, completely opposite from his rough and messy sibling. Max was sharp and well-kept. His attitude leaned towards following the rules, which was probably why he had become a cop in the first place. He rarely found himself out of line or in need of reprimanding, whereas Michael started each day with a lecture from one of their superiors.

“If Maria would extend that invitation to Tess maybe WE would come,” Max replied, causing Michael to just shrug.

“You know Maria’s never been a fan of Tess.”

“Well, she’s my wife Michael, so Maria’s going to have to get used to her being around.”

Max had been with Tess Harding since their last year in college, had been married to her since two Christmases ago. They had met at a party during Christmas that Maria had thrown in Max and Michael’s apartment so Max had thought tying the knot around the same time had been appropriate. The wedding had been perfect, even the honeymoon had been worry-free. But Max knew their marriage was anything but that, not that he could say that to Michael. Max’s entire family was based around perfect marriages. His parents were already about to celebrate their 38th anniversary, Maria and Michael had been high school sweethearts taking their vows right after college and heading toward their fifth year of marital bliss. Even his younger sister had managed to find love in Jesse Ramirez, a partner at a law firm about to merge with their father’s.

The last thing Max wanted to be was the son with problems, the son with the wife that had been cheating on him for the better part of their relationship. She didn’t know that he knew, no one did, and Max planned to keep it that way. So, though he pretended to scold Maria as she whispered scalding words behind Tess’s back, the truth was Max hardly minded. A big part of him wanted to join in…because he hated Tess even more.

“Why don’t you just bring her by tonight?” Michael suggested finally. “I’ll work on Maria when I get home and hopefully get her to play nice for a little just so we can spend some time with you.”

Max knew Tess wouldn’t go for it, but appreciated his brother’s willingness to compromise for the sake of spending time with him. Tess knew how much Maria hated her, and Tess hated Maria with the same amount of passion. Tess refused to be in the same vicinity as Maria, but Max didn’t want to bother telling Michael that.

“I’ll see what she has planned and give you a call, how’s that?” Max offered.

Since he and Tess had just moved to Roswell from New York, Tess had been busy with moving things in and setting up the house. She’d been going to places like Pottery Barn and Home Depot, spending more time buying things for the house than actually being in it. Not that Max minded, especially since she never asked him to come along, but it did work as a good excuse when Max needed to get out of something.

Michael just nodded his consent before turning to walk back to his desk across the large room of the police station. He turned back around though. “What’s your assignment for tomorrow?” he asked with a small smile on his lips.

Max knew why he was smiling too. Though he was hardly a rookie, Max was new to the station and that meant he was probably going to have the worst assignments, traffic patrol and things like that. He’d have to work his way up to anything more exciting than that. Michael had been with the Roswell Sheriff department for three years and even thought that was two years less than Max’s time as an officer, he still had seniority over Max in Roswell, New Mexico. Max was at the bottom of the food chain.

“I’ve got a meeting with Valenti in 5 minutes,” Max told Michael, who simply smirked and walked away.

Max couldn’t blame him for being a little bit smug only because with Max being four years older than him, his little brother had rarely gotten the chance to be the one on top. He’d let him enjoy it for a little while, soak up all the glory. But Max knew he wasn’t going to be passing out tickets for long. Max was a man on a mission when it came to his job, full of ambition and as he headed for the top. It was easy to throw himself into his work when there was nothing at home for him to worry about.

He spent the next few minutes organizing his desk, turning the picture frame on his desk ever so slightly away from him. The picture was of him and Tess on their wedding day—smiling happily for all the world to see. It was probably the biggest lie of his life. A part of him had known even then that marrying Tess was the wrong thing to do, but he’d felt so much pressure from all sides it seemed like the only thing to do. His parents desperately wanted to see their eldest son settle down, and it didn’t help that Tess’s father was a very important client at his father’s firm, whose main concern was having Max hurry up and make an honest woman out of his baby girl. Max had to laugh at that one.

The very truth of it was that Max had settled. Never once in his 29 years had he met someone that he knew he’d be completely happy with, completely in love with—not the way his parents were. He’d never looked at anyone the way Michael looked at Maria, like she was a gift, like nothing mattered as long as she was by his side. It took 29 years of not finding it to make him believe he was never meant to.

Max sighed in defeat as he pushed his chair back from his desk and stood up. He grabbed his jacket from the back of his chair before heading to see his boss, rolling his eyes as Michael gave him a cheerful wink and waved to him from his own desk. He kept walking, pushing the depressing thoughts of his life from his mind and hoping, though he knew it was probably useless that maybe some excitement would come his way in Roswell, New Mexico.

~~~~

Liz didn’t stop for a second even as she heard the door slam so hard behind her she thought the glass might shatter. She hoped it would, feeling vindictive, but she had every right. Her feet pounded down the steps, anger pouring from her body in every step. She didn’t even want to register the other thoughts going through her mind, focusing on the anger would stop it from hurting.

Finally reaching the bottom steps she pulled open the door of her now ex-boyfriend’s apartment complex and found her way to her car. She could feel it beginning to over power her, could hear the words replaying over and over in her head and each was like a stab to the heart.

“This relationship isn’t going anywhere…there’s someone else…you need to leave…I never loved you…”

It was like an evil tape recording inside her head that was stuck on repeat and she couldn’t figure out how to turn it off.

Liz slid into the front seat of her pride and joy, a red convertible she’d gotten for her 21st birthday, and found herself gripping the steering wheel so hard her knuckles were turning white. She felt her tears come hard and fast, and kept her head down as her body shook, watching her tears fall onto her lap.

When she gained enough control of her emotions, she reached into the big bag she had just thrown all of her stuff into and tried to dig around for her cell phone. Hopefully it was still in one piece from being chucked against the shoes and other items in her duffle, all things that she had left in…his…apartment. Finally finding it, she flipped it open and dialed the familiar number, waiting as it rang.

“Hello?” the voice on the other line answered, causing Liz to breathe a sigh of relief.

Normally a calm person, for some reason Liz couldn’t get control of her emotions enough when it came time to actually say what had just happened out loud. “You will NEVER…guess…” deep breath, “What that ASSHOLE just did!”

Not used to hearing Liz raise her voice, unless she was really anger, her best friend Alex Whitman immediately knew something was very wrong, and a part of him wasn’t surprised at all that her best friend’s scum of a boyfriend was the one responsible.

“What happened, Liz? Where are you?”

Alex could hear the shuddering, uneasy gasps of air that Liz was taking, mixed with the tears as she started to explain, and something inside him snapped. He was going to kill that guy.

“I was in his apartment! He left this morning like NOTHING was wrong, and then calls me 10 minutes ago saying…was saying all this…”

“What did he say?”

For a minute she couldn’t say anything, because reality was crashing over her and she couldn’t even believe it. After everything they had been through together over the past year and a half, he had just thrown that away like it was nothing. Telling her all the things he had said, telling her there was someone else. Oh, God! She could only imagine how long that had been going on, not that she was going to try and find out.

She told Alex everything that he had said to her, ending with him telling her she needed to leave his apartment because he was coming home later and he probably wasn’t going to be alone. She had thrown all of her stuff into a bag, and just to be a bitch had left a picture of the two of them in the middle of the bed, hopefully his little house guest knew that he’d been fucking her on the side or else she’d probably find out.

Liz knew it was childish, but she felt like he deserved it. A fact Alex had totally agreed with.

“I’ve been telling you to kick that asshole to the curb for months, Lizzie…” he reminded her gently.

Alex had known Liz long enough to know that the one thing she hated more than anything was being proved wrong, and being reminded about it. But Alex had seen “the scum of the earth”, as Liz had now taken to calling him, for what he was long before this and had tried to tell Liz in whatever way he could. She had been too stubborn to listen and in the end she had gotten hurt just like Alex has said she would. Not that he had wanted to be proven right, because that meant Liz got hurt, but now that it had happened maybe she needed to see it could’ve been stopped.

“I should’ve listened to you, Alex. Now “the scum of the earth” is off screwing some bimbo and I’m left here all hurt and upset. I should be the one screwing some random person!”

She knew she was being irrational but at this point she could hardly care. Her newly formed hatred for her ex-boyfriend, whose name she refused to either speak, hear, or think, a fact that her best friend Alex knew without question, had grown so rapidly in the past few minutes that she wasn’t even focusing on being hurt. She had never been the type to sleep with someone out of nowhere, definitely would never cheat on someone, but at that minute she wanted so bad to get back at “him” and not give a damn about it.

Alex could tell what she was thinking and tried to steer her thoughts in another direction. “You know there’s a tub of Ben and Jerry’s here with your name on it. If any guys are worthy of female attention it’s those two.”

“You know me to well,” Liz said, feeling herself smile.

“Get your butt over here, Parker.”

“Okay, okay…it’s probably a good idea for me to get out of his parking lot anyway.”

Alex let out a small laugh and agreed. “I’ll see you in twenty?”

“Twenty? Maybe you don’t know me as well as I thought…”

“Oh, no, Liz Parker, you get your butt over here in twenty minutes. I don’t want you driving like a crazy person, especially when you’re all upset over that asshole.”

Liz rolled her eyes. Alex could be such an old man. His car two speeds, something he got great pleasure in reminding her. “You know what I always say, Liz. Slow and Steady wins the race.” It was things like his impossibly slow driving and motto that made her love him to pieces, even when she got the lecture.

“Ok, grandpa, I’ll see what I can do.”

Liz put her key in the ignition and started up her car, buckling her seatbelt as she began to pull out of the apartment complex. She knew she probably wasn’t going to listen to him, and Alex probably knew that too. There was nothing Liz loved more than the feel of the wind going through her hair as she tore down roads and in and out of lanes. Still, ever the faithful friend, he always did his best to warn her.

“Liz, trust me. The last thing you need right now is to be pulled over.”

She just said goodbye, hung up and smiled as she pushed her foot down onto the pedal.

~~~~~~~~~
TBC...What do you think?
Last edited by Hopeless Romantic on Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<center>

</center>
Hopeless Romantic
Addicted Roswellian

A/N: Thanks so Much for all the feedback guys! I hope you like this. And for the sake of my story, all cops where dark uniforms, not like the ones on the show. Tell me what you think of this...

Thanks to:
Jason's Lover
maxandliz4ever1357
Michelle17
WildSphinx
Earth2Mama
linliz68
g7silvers

BehrObsession - Oh I'm sure Liz can "motivate" Max to do something...
janesdilemma - Just wait and see...this story is filled with pricks.
Emz80m
orphyfets
frenchkiss70
I am a dreamer
- Lol, the scumbag ex-boyfriend will be revealed in time.
Bixie - He's got a lot of pressure on him, not only from his parents but from himself. He doesn't want to be the one who couldn't find happiness. There's also a little bit of competition between Max and Michael, and we know Michael is happy with Maria...
Evans3 - you might be on to something with the Home Depot theory...but I can't say anymore!
begonia9508 - don't be too hard on Max...some families can be brutal!
cherie
Natz
Alien614

ENJOY!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Part Two

Max pulled off onto the shoulder of the highway, taking out the radar gun and setting it up. He sat back when he was done, trying to get comfortable because he had a feeling it was going to be a long wait before someone even drove by, let alone drove fast enough to get pulled over.

“Having fun, Maxwell?” a voice crackled in over his radio.

Max rolled his eyes. Maybe Michael was having a little too much fun with this. “Michael, why don’t you do something useful with your time? Make some calls…file some papers…go play in traffic or something?”

Michael just laughed, clearly enjoying this. “What’s your position?”

“Right outside the town on the highway,” Max told him, eyes scanning left and right trying to find any life in this god-forsaken town.

“You really are at the bottom of the food chain…anything yet?”

“Actually I had a couple of punks racing back and forth at speeds over a hundred a little bit ago. I just finished arresting them when you radioed me.”

“So, nothing?”

“Nothing.”

Max waited for a reply, and when the radio came back on he could hear voices in the background. Somebody was probably just talking to Michael, but Max couldn’t make anything out.

“I’ve gotta head out. We just got a call,” Michael told him when he returned.

“Ok—oh, and Michael?”

“Yeah?”

“At least I didn’t spend my first month helping old ladies cross the street.”

Michael didn’t respond and Max sat back in satisfaction. When he’d gone into Valenti’s office, after waiting for the sheriff’s ass of a son to leave, Max and Valenti had gotten to talking. The old man, who seemed to put on such a hard exterior, had warmed up to Max pretty quickly, asking questions about Tess and telling him stories about Kyle, laughing about his son’s new relationship troubles. He’d even brought up the subject of his little brother, and they joked around about that. It was probably why Max had gone straight to passing out tickets instead of the lower babysitting jobs.

He looked around again. Roswell had changed a lot from when he had been growing up, but it still didn’t seem like much had happened. He had always loved this place though. There was something about the desert that he’d always wanted to be around. Tess, on the other hand, hated it. She’d refused to move when Max first suggested it, saying he needed to get out of the city. He’d brought her down last Christmas, and she’d changed her mind. Max didn’t know exactly what had made her do that, but he didn’t care to find out as long as she would come.

Max was so caught up in his thoughts he almost missed the red convertible that was speeding by, completely oblivious to his hidden vehicle. He head the radar gun beep and the number 73 showed up, flashing violently in red being that the speed limit was only 50 on the curving road. He flipped on his lights, watching as the driver’s head turned in his direction, sending long brunette hair flying around as the wind whipped through it.

He pulled his car out behind the convertible seeing its brake lights brighten as the driver began to slow down. He waited for them to pull onto the shoulder before following, stopping his car only a small distance from the other. He took a second, and then climbed out of the car.

Max could tell that he’d pulled over a one, probably should’ve known when he saw the long hair, but you could never jump to conclusions these days. He walked closer, getting a short glimpse of her profile as she reached for her purse in the front seat. It wasn’t long enough to see what she looked like, but enough to know he wanted to look. He got a hold of himself, sure he was a man, but he was also on the job. He walked up to her side of the car, unable to stop the thought going through his head that wondered if maybe there was something exciting in this town after all.

Liz groaned when she saw the flashing lights behind her. Damn Alex for jinxing her. She didn’t even want to know how fast she’s been going but she had a feeling this wasn’t going to be pretty. She was already having one of the worst days of her life, and Alex had been right. This was the last thing that she needed.

Her purse was in the passenger seat beside her, so she reached over, tucking her hair behind her ear to get some kind of control over it. Whenever she had a bad day, driving with the top down, having the wind fly through her hair and all around her, just seemed to make her forget about everything.

It had been the perfect, now that her mind was filled with thoughts about her breakup and everything that had happened in the last 2 hours. None of it made sense, but driving with the radio on and the world flying by made it disappear.

Now it slammed back into her, in the shape of a cop, who’d climbed out of his own vehicle and was about to reach her window. She tried not to, but Liz couldn’t help admiring the view in her side mirror as he walked toward her. She hadn’t seen him before, and Roswell was a small town, so everybody usually knew everybody.

She wouldn’t have a problem getting to know him, she knew that. His strong muscular legs were covered by dark slacks, and her eyes trailed upward as he continued to walk, enjoying the look of his broad shoulders and strong chest, though it was covered by a navy uniform shirt. She felt herself licking her lips as he walked up to the side of her car, and her eyes finally shifted up to meet his.

Liz’s heart had sped up with excitement as she had looked at his body, but the second their eyes met it skipped a beat. She’d never seen anything like him. Sure, her ex had been an attractive guy, but the man standing before her was perfect. Her eyes trailed over his chiseled features, lingering on his lips before returning to his eyes, pools of amber that she wanted to get lost in. Eyes that were staring back at her in the same way.

Max had yet to take a breath since she’d looked up at him. He’d felt it catch in his throat and he hadn’t been able to do anything since. Long brown hair fanned across her bare shoulders, and his eyes traveled over the tiny tank top she was wearing. From where he was standing he was awarded a perfect view of her cleavage, but it didn’t stop there. His gaze fell down to her tanned legs, covered only by a white skirt, that had ridden up while she had been driving, exposing quite a bit of skin.

The sight of her body was nearly driving him crazy, but looking into her dark brown eyes had left him completely lost. He’d never seen anyone so beautiful, and any thoughts about his job and his wife were quickly leaving his head.

“License…and registration please,” he said finally, his voice coming out huskier than normal.

She looked up, eyes filling with tears and he felt his heart constrict. Stop it, he scolded himself. She was probably used to crying her way out of tickets.

“Please, officer, I’ve had the worst day ever. I know I was speeding and I’m so sorry but I promise I’ll go the speed limit. Is there anyway you can let me off with a warning? My boyfriend just broke up with me and told me he was cheating on me and I’m just trying to get to my friend’s house.”

Tears fell down her cheeks as she rambled on. She didn’t normally do this when she got pulled over. Usually, she flirted and tried to get her way out of it, but after the day she’d been having everything just came pouring out. She had a feeling he was going to just write her a ticket and send her on her way, but when she looked up at him again, he still didn’t say anything.

Max just stared at her, listening as she told him the story and wondering what idiot she had been dating. He hadn’t even realized she was waiting for a reply.

“Officer?”

“Call me Max,” he said without thinking. The look on her face made her realize what he just said and he groaned. Way to go, Max.

“Is there anything I can do to get out of this ticket?” she asked finally, and the tone of her voice caused him to look up.

While he had a feeling she’d been sincere about what had happened during her day, Max knew that something had shifted between them, and this had gone from the regular cop-citizen routine to something very different.

Her hand came up to play with the strap of her tank top, and her eyes met his under her eyelashes, and Max could’ve sworn he’d never been more sexually attracted to anyone than he was in that moment.

“I’m not sure I can just let you go.”

“Please…” she pleaded softly, batting her eyelashes and pouting her bottom lip.

Liz didn’t know what the hell she was doing. Sure, before she had flirted with the cops who pulled her over, but it had never been anything like this. This time she was serious. She wanted him so badly she was about to get out of the car. She looked down at his hand, noticing a gold band resting on his ring finger, and her hope diminished slightly.

Liz, however, was not one to be stopped so easily. She knew he had to be thinking the exact same things about her, and she wanted him way too badly to just stop there. If he wanted to, he could stop her.

“I guess I could let you go with a warning…as long as this doesn’t happen again.”

“And if it does?”

Max swallowed. “There’d have to be a much harsher punishment than the ticket, miss…”

“It’s Parker,” she told him, “but please, call me Liz.”

“Ok, Liz…” he let her name roll off his tongue, enjoying the sound, wanting to say it again.

“Ok, Max…but I have one question.” The second she said his name he felt a tightening in his body as his imagination pictured her screaming it out as he fell snugly between her legs. He took a deep breath, trying to get himself under control but having an impossible time trying to get the image out of his head.

“Y-yes?”

“What if I don’t get pulled over by you? Then I might just get away with it again.” She had a devilish grin on her lips.

“I’m the only cop assigned to this road,” he hinted at her. He didn’t even know what he was hinting for, but something told him he wanted her to know where he’d be, just in case.

She smiled, “that’s good to know.”

“Only Tuesday nights I’m a little bit farther out of town.”

She didn’t say anything, just nodded, her eyes never leaving his. She made a mental note of what he’d told her, knowing she might need it again soon and didn’t want to lose it.

They continued to look at each other, both equally surprised by the feelings coursing through their body. The attraction felt primal…like an animal that needed to be fed and wouldn’t stop until it was. She was going to have to drive away, but something told her she would be back.

He moved to take a step back from the car, but something stopped him. He’d spent his entire life not taking chances, settling for what he thought he could get instead of going for what was out of reach, and he refused to do that anymore. Something told him that she was the excitement he’d been waiting for, and he hadn’t stopped her from speeding by him to completely let her go now.

Max reached forward, pushing her hair behind her ear before leaning in.

“Drive safely, Liz…” he whispered softly, before stepping back from the car and with one last look walking back to his own.

Liz took a second to regain her composure, feeling shivers continue to run down her back as she thought of him. She started her car again, putting it into first gear before pulling back onto the highway, her thoughts never leaving Max. He’d told her to drive safely, and she’d promised to go the speed limit, but something told her that if it meant getting pulled over by him again, it wasn’t going to be a promise she’d be able to keep.

~~~~~~~~~~
TBC...What'd you think?
Last edited by Hopeless Romantic on Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
<center>

</center>
Hopeless Romantic
Addicted Roswellian

A/N: Thank you for all the feedback!! I appreciate it so much. I'm actually having a good time writing this fic. It's coming out really easily. Hopefully I'll update again soon.

Thanks to:
Natz
cherie
Emz80m
True Destiny 666
- Definitely glad to be back with a welcoming like that!
BehrObsession
frenchkiss70
Alien614
I am a dreamer
Jason's Lover
linliz68
janesdilemma
- I think we'd all like to be in Liz's position just about all the time...
maxandliz4ever1357
FamersAmers
Earth2Mama
- I have a license and a car and I have yet to meet my hot young thang. Hopefully you get both of those and have better luck than I do.
orphyfets
WildSphinx
YonkersMe
g7silvers
begonia9508

Everyone seems to be thinking along the same lines as far as the Kyle-Tess thing...I'm not saying anything but...I have some tricks up my sleeve.

ENJOY!
~~~~~~~~~~
Part Three

“Wait a minute, so what happened?”

Liz laughed. Alex had practically choked on his ice cream when Liz told him what had happened with Officer Max, as she now referred to him.

“Out of nowhere, he just goes “Call me Max”. I thought I was hearing things.”

“Call me Max,” Alex scoffed playfully. “What a charmer.”

“It gets better.” Liz shifted on the couch, folding her feet underneath her and pulling her covers around her.

She and Alex had been sitting on his couch for close to an hour, talking about everything and nothing as they normally did. She’d told him all about her asshole of an ex-boyfriend, who was going farther and farther from her mind as the minutes went by, and then they had moved onto Max.

She loved telling Alex about things like this, only because he either found it really funny or got really protective. Either way it was cute, and she could use that right now.

“I’m not sure that’s possible. This has reached an all time high for you, Lizzie.”

“He said if I’m pulled over again there’s going to be an even stricter punishment.” Alex just stared at her before laughing. Liz couldn’t help but smiling along with him. “I’m telling you I had no idea what to think but it seemed like a perfect opportunity to flirt my way out of the ticket.”

Alex shook his head. “It’s unbelievable. You’re pulled over at least twice a month, if not more and your record is spotless. I’ve been pulled over once and I got the damn ticket.”

“You’re missing two key elements, my friend,” Liz pointed out, bringing her hands to her chest. “These can get a girl anything.”

“So, an accident of birth gives you this power over, what was his name? Officer Max? And you just drive away with a warning? Tell me how that’s fair.”

Liz couldn’t say anything, because her mind was quickly going back to “Officer Max”. She’d never seen anything like him. She’d dated a lot in college, but no guy she’d ever met even came close to sparking the same kind of interest Max had ignited in her with only a simple conversation. She’d never wanted anyone this badly in her life.

Alex noticed Liz get quiet and immediately knew what was coming. “Oh, no, Liz…this wasn’t just talking our way out of a ticket, now was it?”

A part of Alex was relieved when she nodded her head, glad that someone had taken her mind off that other bastard that shall remain nameless. But the other part of him was wondering if getting involved with a cop was the best idea for his vulnerable and impetuous best friend.

“Are we sure this is a good idea?” he asked, voicing his concern.

Liz dug her spoon into her pint of Ben and Jerry’s, enjoying a spoonful while she thought about it.

“It was all just in fun,” Liz said, dropping her spoon when she noticed how low her pint was getting. “It’s not like I’m necessarily going to see him again.”

Alex nodded his head, “that’s true.” Alex got up from his seat to put the ice cream away, waiting for Liz to continue because even though it sounded like the conversation was over he knew that more was coming.

“I suppose I could always find a way…”she called out from the living room as he bent to put the spoons in the dishwasher.

Walking back into the room, he plopped down next to her on the couch, putting his feet on her. “How so?”

Liz stayed quiet for a minute, and Alex just watched her, wondering what was going on in that head of hers. She knew something. She just wasn’t saying it.

“Roswell isn’t THAT big of a town…” she said reasonably.

“What aren’t you telling me, Lizzie?”

Face all scrunched up, Liz turned to look at Alex. “Suppose I knew exactly where he was going to be the next time he was giving out speeding tickets…if I wanted to see him, I could always speed right by him?”

“Yes, but you would have to know where he’s going to be for sure.”

Slowly, a devilish smile came over Liz’s face. “Then I guess it’s a good thing I do.”

Max tossed his keys onto the small table by the front door of his and Tess’s house. He could hear fumbling around in the kitchen and sighed knowing it meant Tess was home instead of being out at “Home Depot” or something.

As much as he hated the fact that she was cheating on him, he had so much hatred for her that he preferred it when she wasn’t home. Most people wouldn’t understand why he didn’t just divorce her, but then most people didn’t know Tess. She had this thing about having the perfect image, and Max didn’t think being divorced fell under that category. She wouldn’t be an easy person to get away from, and Max was the kind of person who didn’t see a point in going through the hassle when he had nothing to motivate him.

A dark-haired speed demon flashed through his mind but he quickly squashed that thought. He’d probably never see her again anyways.

Max had spent a long time after she had driven off, going the speed limit of course, trying to not only get control of his body but also get her off of his mind. In the end he figured she’d just been putting on an act to get out of the ticket and he’d fell for it. The last thing she was doing was thinking about him, or at least that was what the reasonable side of Max’s brain was thinking. The other part, which including most of his body, was hoping she was looking for something that he had been looking for all of his life.

To him she represented excitement…Max had been letting that speed by him his entire life, always doing the right thing, the honorable thing. This time he had stopped it from getting away from him long enough to realize he wanted it, and if it came his way again he didn’t plan on letting it get by him.

He walked into his kitchen to find Tess on the floor putting pots and pans into one of the lower cabinets. She was wearing a little white apron from what he could tell, and judging by the food on the stove, she’d been playing the role of “wife” the best she could.

“Tess?”

Scooting back from the cabinet, she turned her blue eyes up at him and smiled. “Hi honey. How was your day?” Max could only imagine the look he was staring at her with, because she started laughing as she stood up, coming over to him and giving him a big kiss on the lips.

She went about taking things out of boxes and occasionally moving to stir whatever was in the pot on the stove while Max just stared at her in disbelief.

“Are you making dinner?”

“Not just dinner, Max. I’m making your favorite!” She pointed to the box on the counter and Max’s jaw dropped.

According to Tess’s “perfect image” macaroni and cheese from the Kraft blue box was only for college students on low income and three year olds sitting in high chair, and while he usually ate it anyway watching her stir the pasta was a red flag going off in his brain.

“What’s going on Tess?”

She pretended to look hurt and Max tried not to roll his eyes, he just waited for an answer. “I’m just trying to do something nice…” she replied innocently.

Max looked from Tess to the pot of macaroni on the stove and then back again. He felt his stomach rumble and decided to let Tess “play nice” as long as it meant he got some of that macaroni.

“Sit down,” she said, pointing to the barstool she’d apparently picked up that day at Home Depot according to the tags hanging on them.

Sitting at the counter as she moved around the kitchen Max tried to think of what could possibly be going on with her.

“Your parents called today,” she said finally.

Bingo, Max thought. “And?”

Tess shrugged. “It was nothing too important. They just want us at dinner tomorrow. They said it’s important so we have to go. You don’t have work do you?”

Max shook his head. Tomorrow was Monday and he worked in the morning. Sheriff Valenti had asked him to stay in town on Mondays because Tuesdays he’d be working on the outskirts of town.

“Ok, well call them and let them know we’re going to be there.”

Max excused himself and went to the other room, bringing the house phone with him. He sat down on one of the big chairs that were currently in the very sparse living room. Tess seemed to be going from room to room, because the closer you were to the front of the house the nicer things looked. Things were decorated and put away, but then you went farther from the front and it looked a practically deserted. The only things upstairs were furniture, like their bed and the beds in the other guest room.

Max put his feet up on the table in front of him, knowing it pissed Tess off to no end, and right now he was so confused by the way she was acting that he needed to do something normal.

He dialed the familiar number, waiting and after a couple of rings a voice picked up on the other end.

“Hello?”

“Hi, mom.”

“Max! Honey I miss you.”

Max couldn’t help but smile at his mother. She would never change. Though his parents did put a lot of pressure on him, even without knowing that they did it sometimes, they were both completely supportive and loving.

“I miss you, too. Yesterday when I saw you seems like ages ago.”

He knew she had caught the teasing tone. “Don’t sass your mother. You lived a million miles away for so long. I’m allowed to enjoy having you here as long as I wish. Did Tess tell you about tomorrow?”

“Yes she did. That’s why I’m calling. I wanted to let you know we’ll be there.”

Max could practically hear the extreme joy in her voice and he wondered what it was like to love someone so much just the thought of seeing them could make you completely happy.

“That’s great, honey. Isabel wanted us to get together. I think she has something to tell us.”

“Is everything okay?”

“I think so. She didn’t seem to be upset or anything.”

“Well, you would be able to tell if she was anyway, so I believe you. What time do you want us tomorrow?”

There was a pause as his mom went to ask her father. “Come around six. Is that okay?”

“Perfect. I’ll see you tomorrow. Love you, mom.”

“I love you too, honey. Bye.”

Max hung up the phone and sat back in the chair. He loved his parents and sister to death, but the idea of a family dinner and pretending to play nice with Tess all night did not sound too appealing. Speaking of which, he wanted to know why she was acting the way she was acting. Something had to have happened, or maybe it was just the fact that they were going to have to put on a nice show for the family.

He figured he’d enjoy the peace and quiet for as long as it lasted, and got up to eat his macaroni when Tess said it was ready. He ate silently, his conversation with his mother and Tess’s weird behavior on his mind. He also wanted to know what Isabel had to say, but he figured he’d just have to be patient.

Something big was coming, he could feel it. It was speeding up to him and now all he had to figure out was what to hold on to and what to let fly right by.

~~~~~~~~~~~
TBC...
<center>

</center>
Hopeless Romantic
Addicted Roswellian

Hey Guys! Sorry this took so long. Been having some trouble in RL, getting ready for Senior Prom this friday and dealing with a sprained wrist! (My brace keeps hitting all the wrong keys on the key board!) But here it is...The Long Awaited Meeting (well, techincally its the second meeting...)

Thanks to:
Emz80m
Earth2Mama
FamersAmers
Jason's Lover
orphyfets
janesdilemma
frenchkiss70
True Destiny 666
begonia9508
mrsjbehr

SarahWhitman - I can tell you're a stargazer...this isn't a stargazer chapter...but don't lose faith in me. That's all I can say. No guesses!
linliz68
Michelle17
BehrObsession
g7silvers
cherie
YonkersMe
- here's "the part you're hoping for!"

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Part Four

“Mom, dad…Jesse and I have an announcement to make.”

Max knew what was coming. He could see it written all over her face and the enormous smile she could hardly contain. And while he was thrilled for his little sister, inside he was groaning at what this was going to mean for him.

“We’re getting married!” she shrieked happily, showing off her ring finger and the large ring that now adorned it.

His mother, Maria, and Tess both shot from their seats to admire the ring, while Max’s dad reached over to pat Jesse on the back. Michael and Max both offered their congratulations from the other end of the table, both standing to give Isabel a hug and appreciate her engagement ring.

“Jesse asked me yesterday, and I wanted to call and tell you guys right away but I thought it might be better as a surprise. I’ve been holding it in all day!”

His sister was beaming, and Max felt guilty for feeling anything but happy for her. He wanted to be completely happy about this, but now he was sitting at a table with his married parents and younger brother and his wife, his engaged sister and her fiancé, and Tess, his own wife, who was acting as if everything was perfect in the world.

She was smiling at him like a loving wife, reaching over and touching his arm as it rested on the table top, and Max was forced to act accordingly. His entire family was happy and in love, why couldn’t he be?

Everyone around him was talking about wedding plans, asking questions and making Isabel the center of attention, which she not only loved but deserved at this moment, but Max just sat back and watched. He found himself wondering what it felt like to be that ecstatically happy about something. To have the idea of spending the rest of your life with someone bring you more joy than you’d ever felt in your life.

Max looked over at Tess, wondering if he’d ever felt that way about her.

“Isn’t this wonderful, honey?” Tess asked sweetly, still smiling that annoyingly perfect smile.

“Yeah, it’s great Izzy,” he replied, referring to his sister who was looking at him expectantly, hoping for his approval. “I’m really happy for you.”

He smiled, and it was genuine, especially when he saw the way his sister lit up. Isabel reached across the table for Jesse’s hand, and held it in her own. “Thank you, Max.”

After Isabel’s announcement, dinner was finished and everyone went to the family room to talk and have a drink. Tess came over, sitting next to him on the couch and squeezed his hand. She was very good at putting on a good show when it came to his parents, but he wondered why she’d been acting this way the night before.

After a little while, they excused themselves, said goodbye to everyone and left. Isabel pulled Max to the side before he walked out the door.

“What’s wrong, Max?”

“What do you mean, Is?”

She shot him a look. “You know what I mean. You’ve been distracted all night.” He noticed she got a little bit nervous. “Was it because of me and Jesse?” she asked self-consciously.

Isabel and Max had always been extremely close, and his approval of her decision to marry Jesse was something that for some reason was very important to her. She didn’t want him to think she was stupid for getting married to a man that was a lot older than her, and she wanted to make sure that wasn’t why he’d been weird all night.

“Isabel, of course that’s not it!” Max assured her quickly, internally smacking himself for being so inconsiderate of her feelings. He knew how sensitive she could be. “I’ve just got a lot on my mind with the move and with work. I’m just a little bit tired, I promise.”

His sister nodded, and thinking he was off the hook he pulled her into another hug, but Isabel knew better.

“Whatever it is, Max, you can tell me. I’m here for you, you know that?”

Max smiled. “I know. Thanks Izzy. I’ll call you tomorrow?”

She nodded and walked him out, wondering what was going on in that head of his and hoping she’d be able to help him figure it out.

Tuesday night. She’d been waiting for it all weekend. Talking to Alex on Sunday had helped her come to a decision about how she wanted to pursue this “Officer Max” attraction she was trying to deal with. For some reason, she hadn’t been able to stop thinking about him, something that she’d never really experience, especially considering she’d only talked to this guy for about 7 minutes tops.

Her cell phone rang and she saw Alex’s name flashing on the caller id so she picked it up. “Hello?”

“Tonight’s the night, isn’t it?”

Liz laughed into the phone. He knew her too well. “Well, I’m hoping it is.”

“Are you sure about this Liz? What if he’s not interested? I mean, he’d have to be an idiot, but I mean, the last thing you want to deal with is him saying no.”

“Well, then you’re just going to have to pray he doesn’t say no. It’s your butt that’ll be sitting with me eating ice cream if he does.”

Alex laughed and agreed, and they got off the phone so she could get ready. Carefully picking out her outfit, Liz got dressed and headed out the door to her car. She pulled out of her apartment complex and drove off in the direction of the outskirts of town, right where Max had said he would be.

Crossing her fingers, she pushed down on the pedal, smiling in satisfaction as her car lurched forward slightly and the town all around her sped by in a blur.

Max’s heart practically stopped when he spotted a familiar red convertible speeding down the road. She was coming straight towards him, pushing 70 according to the radar gun, and Max briefly thought she better slow down before she got into an accident, but soon all thoughts were wiped from his mind as he tried to consider what this meant. Sure, she could just be speeding down the road on her way somewhere else, but Max was hoping that wasn’t it.

Was it possible that she had come back here to see him? He knew that he had told her he would be on the outskirts of town on Tuesdays, but he never really considered that she’d actually come by.

His heart was racing. He’d never felt anything like this. There was excitement, a thrill at what was happening and not knowing where it was going to lead. Flipping on his lights, he knew he wasn’t going to let her speed by before he got the chance to find out.

Max watched as she didn’t slow down, but instead sped up, and though it was extremely unsafe, he could feel himself getting even more excited by this entire thing. He pushed the gas pedal, watching the needle on his speedometer increase as he got closer to her car. They were heading far out of town, and Max wondered if there was a reason for that. All he knew was that he wanted to find out.

Finally, as they started nearing a gas station located miles out of town, the convertible pulled over to the side of the road. Max couldn’t help but notice how dark it was where they were, and wondered if that was just a coincidence too. They had left the lights of the city behind them; with only one light in front of them…the prospect of what might come of this.

Max climbed out of the car, trying not to trip over himself. He knew this was wrong, but he couldn’t stop himself. Something was drawing him to the car, not letting him control himself. Deep down he knew he didn’t want to control himself. He wanted this to happen. Walking towards her car, he couldn’t help but notice that as wrong as this was, it felt more right than anything had in a long time.

He tapped slightly on the glass of her window, watching as she slowly rolled it down. “License an—,” Max felt his breath catch in his throat as he looked down at her. His entire body reacted, and he couldn’t tear his eyes away.

She was wearing possibly the tiniest skirt he’d ever seen in his life. It barely covered her thighs as she sat on her leather seat. Her white tank top did little to hide the rest of her attributes, and she knew it.

Staring up at him innocently, Liz licked her lips slowly, watching as his eyes followed the movement. She couldn’t believe how well her plan had worked. Not only had they gotten away from the town, but she had a feeling that Officer Max wasn’t here to give her a ticket.

“Did I do something wrong, officer?” she asked sweetly, looking up at him through her eyelashes and watching his eyes tear away from her body to look at her face.

He swallowed. “Yes, Liz. You have done something wrong,” he scolded, trying his hardest to get some control of himself. “You were speeding. I think I’m going to have to give you a ticket.”

“Couldn’t you just let me off with a warning?”

He shook his head, getting lost in their playful banter as she teased him by parting her legs slightly where she sat.

“I gave you a warning last time.”

She nodded, watching as he licked his dry lips after her last action. Liz couldn’t stop herself. She’d never wanted anyone more than she wanted him right than. She was going to do whatever it took to get him.

“Oh, yeah…so I guess I broke my promise, huh?” she asked, trying her best to act like she was sorry.

“Yes you did. You know what we agreed on don’t you?”

Liz shook her head, though she knew very well what he had said to her. “I think you’re going to have to remind me.”

“I believe the terms were either you stopped speeding, or I was going to have to enforce a harsher punishment.”

Max could feel himself get even more turned on as he spoke, watching her reaction as the words settled on her. She wanted this just as bad as he did, and even if she thought it was wrong she had no intention of stopping it.

“And for this punishment? What did you have in mind?”

Max stayed quiet for a minute, and considered this. He didn’t really know where this was coming from, but now he couldn’t stop even if he wanted to. He knew where this was going, and he’d never wanted anything more in his life.

“I’m going to have to ask you to step out of the car, Liz.”

His voice had gotten lower, deeper, if that was possible, and Liz could feel her body react. She hadn’t expected those words, but the idea of being closer to him had her unbuckling her seatbelt and opening the door within seconds.

She watched him carefully as he watched her climb from the car and take in her full appearance. She’d been right to choose this outfit. He reached out, taking her by the wrist, and while he was using force for the sake of this game they were playing, she couldn’t get past the gentleness in his touch, and how the second their skin came into contact she felt her body come to life. She shook her head at the thought of it, but her eyes never left his. This feeling was exciting, electric and she never wanted it to end.

He brought her to the front of the car, and as she faced the hood, she felt him open her hands and press her palms onto the heated metal. He took a step back, and she didn’t move.

He came back to her, stepping right behind her, and she could feel him press his body against her own, the feel of it causing her to bite her lip as her eyes drifted shut. Every inch of him was pressing into her, matching her own body. She could barely keep her legs from collapsing from under her. She wanted him so badly it hurt, and she pushed her hips back just slightly to let him know.

A small groan sounded near her ear and she felt his hands come forward to entwine with her own where they still remained on the car. He leaned with her, pushing her body more forward against the car, but it never lost contact with his own.

“So, what’s my punishment, Max?” she asked breathily, wondering how she’d even been able to speak.

“We’ll get to that, Liz. But first, I’m going to need you to do one thing for me…”

“Y-yeah...” It was meant to be a question, but as he rocked his hips forward it came out sounding more like a moan than anything.

His hand trailed from her own up her arm and down the side of her body, coming to rest low on her hip before he brought it in front of her and dipped his fingers inside the waistband of her skirt. He was coaxing a response from her, and she knew what he wanted even before he leaned up to whisper to her, breath hot on her ear “Spread ‘em.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TBC....What'd you think??
<center>

</center>
Hopeless Romantic
Addicted Roswellian

Here it is! I really hope I don’t disappoint you guys. And PLEASE constructive criticism is welcomed. Any tips to spicing it up for next time. I had this ready for you all yesterday but the boards were going crazy so you get it today! Thanks for being so patient!

Thanks To:
Cocopucks
Ellie
mlover25
orphyfets
g7silvers
Emz80m
Earth2Mama
FSUMSW94
FamersAmers
Evans3
Smac
su-lyn
Roswell 10/2/00
VivaLasVegas
– Thank you for the heads up! Glad you’re joining us.
BehrObsession
begonia9508
frenchkiss70
KparkerEvans
Jason's Lover
Alana
– Lol if I hear on the news that people have started speeding and their blaming it on a Roswell story I will deny everything!
Michelle17
linliz68
AppleJacks
Cherie
RASaero611
YonkersMe
– Lol, well the part you were really hoping for is here. Hopefully with more parts to come!

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Part Five

Max felt like he was on fire. Liz’s hands were everywhere, trailing up and down his sides, gripping his arm, tangling in his hair. Her touch left a wake behind it, one that igniting something within him more and more as her fingers moved. When her lips pressed against his skin he almost lost it.

He couldn’t for the life of him remember the last time he’d driven so fast.

They were currently in his car, speeding down the highway out of town, her car left behind at a small diner.

“Do you want to go somewhere?” she had asked, and Max didn’t hesitate before agreeing. He’d never wanted anything more in his life.

“There should be a hotel up the highway,” he had suggested.

“Let’s go.” She didn’t even have to think about it.

Watching her, sitting next to him, Max couldn’t even believe what he was about to do, but there wasn’t a single part of him that didn’t think it should happen. This was what he wanted, what he needed. He’d spent his entire life playing it safe and all it had ever gotten him was a life of unhappiness. For the first time he was doing something for himself.

Liz had been what he was waiting for. She had blazed into his life that day on the highway and he knew things were never going to be the same. Looking over at her, her dark hair falling over her shoulders as she sat turned in the seat facing him, he couldn’t help but think that this was more than just some random night of passion with a stranger. This was much more than that. He only hoped she felt the same.

Liz was staring at Max, even though she was trying not to. She wanted him so badly and though his speedometer was pushing 100 miles per hour she felt as if it wasn’t fast enough. She couldn’t stop herself from touching him. Finally going crazy with the need to kiss him, she leaned over pressing her lips against the smooth skin of his neck.

She could’ve sworn she felt the car jerk forward as they picked up speed, but she was too busy getting lost in the taste and touch of him to look over and see. He turned his head, pressing his lips to hers quickly as he tried to keep his eyes on the road.

Liz couldn’t remember the last time that a single kiss had made her feel the way Max’s kiss was making her feel. None of her ex-boyfriends had ever seemed to touch her in the way that he was touching her. It was a feeling she never wanted to end. It was a feeling she couldn’t wait a second longer for.

“How far away are we?” she asked breathlessly, reluctantly pulling her lips from the skin of his neck.

It took him a moment to find his voice, “its still a couple of miles away.”

He saw the look in her eyes, and felt his own need skyrocket even before she said what she wanted. There was no going back, and they were about to reach the point of no return quicker than they had expected.

“Pull over, Max.”

Unable to deny her request, but still the safe officer that he was, Max waited for a safe moment and pulled onto the shoulder of the highway. It took no more than two seconds after he stopped the car and put it in park for Liz to be unbuckling her seatbelt and Max to be helping her climb onto his lap.

Their mouths fused together the second she joined him on his seat. Her legs straddled him, and she could feel him thrust his hips up as they kissed. His hands were everywhere, now no longer occupied with the task of driving. He couldn’t keep them off of her. He threaded them through her hair, pulling her head back gently and exposing her neck to him. He placed wet kisses all along her jawline, sucking deeply at a sensitive spot on her neck before her lips found his own again.

His hands continued to trail downward, running over her breasts before finding the soft skin of her stomach beneath the thin layer of the shirt. She moaned at the contact, desperate for more, and Max complied willingly. Slowly, he pulled back from her, both of them groaning at the loss. He tugged softly at the bottom of her shirt, lifting it inch by inch and watching as her flesh became visible to his hungry eyes.

Tossing it on the seat next to him, the shirt lay forgotten as Max eyes became glued to the sight in front of him.

“You’re beautiful,” he said.

She blushed, ducking her head shyly before throwing it back as his lips trailed kisses from her neck to her breasts. She had never really found it pleasurable when anyone had done this to her, but it didn’t seem like there was anything about Max she didn’t like. Everything he did made her want him more and more.

She reached her hands down between them, and began tugging at his shirt in the waistband of his pants. Once that was freed she started to undo his belt, her movements taking longer than normal because of the distraction he was causing.

But the second his belt joined her shirt on the other seat, Max had to pull away. His own fingers worked to push her skirt higher on her hips, before his fingers found their way to her wet panties. Slipping past the thin material, he watched as her eyes closed in pleasure as his fingers entered her.

She moved her hips slowly, needing more of him. Even this wasn’t enough for her. She wanted him inside of her now. Wasting no more time, she lifted her hips enough so that his fingers left her body, and then motioned for him to take off his pants.

“I need you now, Max.”

Max didn’t know when he’d heard anything more erotic in his life than the sound of her telling him she needed him. His pants were pushed down past his hips in seconds, and Liz wasted no time in lowering herself onto him just as Max thrust his hips upward. They both stilled for a second, enjoying the feeling. It was like nothing they had ever experienced. Max had been intimate with Tess for a long time, and never once had sliding into her felt this amazing. It was like searching for something for a long time and finally finding it.

“Oh God…” she moaned softly, her head dropping forward onto his shoulder. She could feel every inch of him filling her, and never in her life had anything felt as good.

He brought his hands back to her hips, resting his head on her shoulder as he lifted her up and almost completely off him only to bring her back down fast and hard. He bit into her shoulder at the feel of it. Hearing her cry out in pleasure, he continued his movements, lifting her up only to bring her back down harder and faster each time.

Sweat now covered their bodies as they moved together, Liz bucking her hips trying to push him even deeper with each thrust. Her hair was clinging to her face and neck, and Max pushed it out of the way, latching onto her salty skin and sucking deeply, leaving a mark. He wanted to mark her, to claim her as his. Now, having her in this way after wanting her so badly he didn’t want it to end. He could feel her inner muscles tightening around him, milking him, but he refused to let go. He didn’t want to stop.

Liz bit her lip, breasts jutting forward to Max’s waiting lips as she threw her head back in pleasure. She was getting close, she could feel it. Her thighs were burning with the exertion of her movements, and her back was pressing into the steering wheel but all she could focus on was the waves of pleasure coursing through her body as Max slammed upward inside of her.

“God don’t stop, Max…please don’t stop,” she ground out, placing her arms on either side of her for better leverage as she worked her body on top of him. His hands gripped her hips tightly, and he watched as disappeared in and out of her at lightning speed, the sight making him swell inside of her.

That was all she needed to fly over the edge. Watching her reach completion was like nothing he had ever seen before. He could feel her walls contracting around him as he continued to pound into her, desperate now to join her.

It took only three more long and deep thrusts to push him over the edge as well and as she collapsed against his chest, Max found himself falling back against his chair, completely spent.

It took them several minutes to regain their voices, and neither of them wanted to break the haze of passion that was now surrouding them. Choosing a better option, Liz began peppering his skin with kisses, letting her tongue dart out to taste him. He smiled lazily with pleasure, still lost in the feelings he had just experienced.

“Liz…” he said finally, causing her to lift her head slowly to meet his lust-filled eyes. “That was amazing.”

She nodded, leaning forward and meeting his waiting lips. “Let’s get to the hotel. I’m not done with you yet.”

~~~~~~~~~
TBC....
<center>

</center>
Hopeless Romantic
Addicted Roswellian

A/N: Hi Guys! Thanks SO much for the feedback! I'm glad you guys liked that part and didnt think it was bad. Here's the next part. It's got some more nookie for you, hope it's good too. I didn't want to go TOO much into it because I didnt want everything to happen in this one part. There will be more later though, I promise. And Since half of this part you've read already I'll do my best to come back with the next part as soon as I can to be fair.

Thanks To:
cherie
Mariael311
frenchkiss70
BehrObsession
Ellie
begonia9508
Evans3
- haha! I guess your husband enjoyed that part as well! :wink:
AppleJacks
g7silvers
linliz68
LilMsPredictable
RASaero611
orphyfets
Emz80m
Michelle in Yonkers
Earth2Mama
FSUMSW94
Jason's Lover
janesdilemma
Roswell 10/2/00

ENJOY!

~~~~~~~~~~
Part Six

Max and Liz had made it to the hotel, only to find themselves lost in the same passion they had found in the car. They spent the night tangled up in each other, just a mass of limbs caressing and discovering things they’d never thought they would experience.

Max had felt what it was like to really make love to someone, to be completely wrapped up in the feelings and sensations they were creating together and know there was nowhere else he’d rather be in that moment. He had pushed her gently towards the bed, his hands working to remove her top, and once he’d pulled it over her head, all of the rush he’d been feeling to be with her just stopped and he found himself lost, desperate to hold onto her and make the moment last forever.

It was as if the mood had changed. Even Liz found her pace slowing, found the desperate need to be with him become more patient. A part of her wanted to just tear his clothes off and have her way with him, but something deep inside of her knew she wanted more than that.

When he had finally entered her, he had stilled for just a second, trying to push past what he was feeling in his heart. These feelings were still so new and frightening, especially because he had no idea how Liz was feeling. He didn’t know if he would be able to handle the thought of her viewing this as just sex. Something inside of him wanted him to make this worth every second, because the fear of it ending and returning to his real life was looming over him. Pushing it from his mind, he pulled out of her almost completely before sliding back in.

She reached up, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling his head down to meet his lips. Arching her back up towards him, she felt desperate for more of him, desperate to hold on. All of the feelings he was evoking in her were scary, like nothing she had ever felt before, but she knew she never wanted it to end.

He moved softly at first, both of them savoring each moment, each feeling as he filled her completely. It was the same way she was filling him. He placed kisses along her body, the parts that he could reach, and she did the same, her hands trailing up and down his body as they moved together.

She let out a low moan as he pushed in deep, bringing her legs up to wrap around his waist as his pace started to quicken. The desperate need was back, as she felt her peak approaching, Liz could barely contain the sounds tearing from her lips, each encouraging him to push harder and faster than before. He reached down, hands skimming over her leg softly before his hand wrapped around her thigh and he lifted it, tilting her body and allowing him to thrust even deeper than before.

Her hips matched his movements, and she struggled to lift her leg higher, wanting more of him. Sweat covered their body as they moved, frantic as they climbed closer to the edge.

Her orgasm tore through her, her entire body tensing and shaking as he continued to piston his hips into her. She was barely down from the sensation when he paused, looking behind him before moving them to the edge of the bed.

“Turn around, Liz,” he told her gently, helping her as she turned around, trying to get used to standing before leaning over.

He entered her again, hands working her hips as he continued thrusting. His hands ran up and down her back, tangling in her hair, as she clenched the sheets, using the bed to muffle her moans.

All softness was gone, but even as he pounded inside of her, Liz couldn’t help but notice how gentle he remained. As her second orgasm approach she felt her legs would give out beneath her, but Max’s hand wrapped around her waist, holding her to him and bringing her body back to meet his own.

As she came, he groaned at the feeling of her walls tightening around him, and it was enough to push him over the edge with her. He fell against her, both of them breathing heavily as they lay spent on the bed. Max still on top of her, he placed kisses all along her back as they tried to regain their senses.

He opened his mouth wanting to say something, but couldn’t. Finally, he pulled out of her, turning her and lifting her against his chest. Moving them to the bed, he lay her down before climbing in next to her.

The night was not over, they both knew that, but for a second all he wanted to do was lay next to her and enjoy this moment. He leaned down to kiss her, and felt his body reacting immediately.

“Want to take a shower, Max?” she asked when they finally pulled away from each other.

He nodded, getting up from the bed before helping her up. She moved towards the small bathroom, and Max came up behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist and pressing his body against her own. He couldn’t believe how comfortable he already felt with her.

Turning her around at the sink, Max knew he couldn’t even make it into the shower without having her again, but there was something more he wanted to. He kissed her, slowly bringing his hands to her hips and lifting her so that she was sitting on the bathroom counter. Legs dangling, she at him, wondering what he was going to do next when he knelt down in front of her.

“Open for me, Liz.”

Shyly, Liz parted her legs for him, watching in fascination as his eyes seemed to darken with desire. He stared at her, his tongue darting out for his first taste of her. He felt like he had died and gone to heaven. He couldn’t get enough of her.

His tongue swept the length of her wetness, before he drew her clit into his mouth. Liz felt like she was going to explode, her hands reaching down to tangle in his hair and pull him even closer to her. He continued ravishing her, feasting upon her as if it were his last meal, when Liz felt the familiar tightening in her body.

“Oh, God, Max!” she screamed out, hands clenching as he pushed two of his fingers inside of her. Liz’s entire body coursed with the pleasure he was giving her, and he could feel her clamp against his fingers, pulling him deeper in her body.

Max finally pulled away, and stood up, wiping his mouth before bringing her against his chest as she smiled from the aftermath of what he had just done.

“That felt amazing…” she said softly, barely able to say anything at all.

He kissed her, before moving to help her off the sink. “Let’s go take that shower.”

His fingers trailed softly along the bare skin of her arm as it rested on the bed, peaking out from beneath the blankets where her body lay between the rumpled sheets. Light streaked in from the open window hitting her features, brightening them as he stared at her while she slept. She was beautiful. Long lashes resting against her face, perfect lips parted slightly as she drew in a breath, cheeks flushed with color from their late night exertions. He wasn’t supposed to be with her in this moment, had no right to be watching her but he could not feel guilty. For all of this he considered her to be a gift, he couldn’t think of her as a mistake, even if he should. It was a thought that shook him, but it could not be denied.

How had this happened? How in those short hours had this changed for him from one night of passion to this burning need within him to know her—to get lost again in that passion and let it take them even farther? It did not seem possible, but as he watched the slight rise and fall of her chest and weaved his fingers gently through the chocolate expanse of her hair as it fanned across the pillow, he knew without a doubt that it was real.

And he did not want it to end. He couldn’t bear the thought of returning to the life he lived before this. The harsh light of reality was peeking through the curtains, and all he wanted to do was pull them shut and get lost in the sounds and feel of darkness, just as they had the night before.

But the persistent sun had other ideas, and a soft groan came from her lips as the light danced across her eyes.

He dipped his head down, placing a soft kiss on the corner of her mouth. It curved into an appreciative smile and was followed by a satisfying moan as she stretched her body into waking. He rained kisses across her cheeks as she woke, and smiled when her own lips found his own. Her eyes stayed closed, blocking out the harsh daylight, because she too knew what it meant for them.

“It can’t be morning yet,” she whispered softly, her lips leaving his only for a moment before finding them again.

He nodded mournfully, his hand coming up to cup her cheek. She was lying on her back as he hovered above her. He could feel his body shudder slightly as her own small hands trailed up his sides and found their way around his neck, her fingers tangling in his hair. Lifting her body from the bed, she reached up and peppered kisses along his jaw and against his neck. She lifted her hips, pushing her lower body against his own. He could feel his body tighten in response.

“It’s still night, Liz. I promise,” he said as he sealed his lips to hers.

His fingers trailed down her body, which arched as she tried to push her body more fully into his hands. They knew reality was upon them but the passion his fingers were evoking in her body tried to push it from their minds. As his hand reached its destination, she let out a small whimper feeling his fingers slide into her easily. She was ready for him, just as she knew he was ready for her and her hips lifted from the bed to get closer to him. A wordless cry slipped from her lips as he was pushed deeper into her body.

“Make love to me, Max?” she pleaded breathily, letting her lips linger by his ear as she spoke. She kissed a trail from his lobe to his chin, her lower body still working against his own. He nodded shakily, his arms trembling as he moved to support himself above her. She whimpered at the loss when he slid his fingers from her body, but it quickly changed to a moan as she felt the tip of him positioned against her entrance. He pushed forward slowly, teasingly ready to get lost in the dream that it was to be inside of her.

But then a shrill ring filled the room as the phone slammed them back to the real world.

With a groan, he rolled off of her, though it took all of his will power to do so, and lifted the receiver from the cradle to place it against his ear.

“Hello?”

She listened as a voice on the other line informed them of their wake up call. She didn’t remember asking for one, and realized that he must’ve done it at some point the night before. He knew they would need to go back to their real lives. After all, he did have a wife he had to get home to.

Feeling childish for the thoughts that had been coming into her mind during their night together, she rolled away from him to the opposite side of the bed. The sheet remained clutched to her bare chest as she sat up, looking around the room in an attempt to find some of her clothes.

It seemed silly to feel self-conscious in front of him, especially after the things they had done the night before, but still she pulled the sheet from the bed as she stood, carefully making sure it wrapped around her nude form. She walked to the curtains, hands trembling as she found the edge. She knew what pulling back this curtain meant. It had not been something she wanted to do, but it seemed the dream was over for them and it was time to wake up.

He placed the phone back on the cradle before turning back to the bed, his heart panging slightly as he saw her back to him, and standing before the curtain. Without announcement, she pulled the curtains open, letting the light fill the room, the last remnant feelings of the previous night slowly fading, as if the sun was causing them to disappear.

She dressed diligently, refusing to look up, and all he could do was sit on the bed and watch as she got ready to leave him. It seemed so easy for her to just pick up like nothing had even happened, but then he supposed that was what she had wanted from the beginning, and he had been the fool to think it was more.

But something told him he could not let it go at that. Without even bothering to cover himself, he stood from the bed and came to where she was standing, her tiny arm reaching out to pick up her discarded skirt as it lay on the floor. She felt his large hands wrap gently around her wrist, stopping her from moving and she found she could not even breathe.

“We don’t have to rush, Liz,” he said carefully.

He wanted her to know that they could stay here, wrap themselves in a cocoon of passion and get lost in each other, blocking out the world as they had done the night before. He wanted to tell her what was going through his head and how he felt, but she remained silent, her gaze still locked on the skirt she had bent to pick up, even though he had pulled her to stand in front of him.

She tried to avert her eyes, feeling that if she looked at him she would lose all self control, but it proved difficult as he stood before her in all his naked glory. He was a god, a masterpiece, but he belonged to someone else.

Checkout was late, and he probably wanted her to know that she could take her time to get dressed, but she felt that it would be better to get out of there, better for them to separate as quickly as possible. This had been just one night for him; she had been stupid to think it could be anything else.

“I think it’d be better if we left now, Max.”

He did not want to go, and he wanted to tell her that, but something stopped him. He didn’t want to make her feel like he had read this the wrong way. So he nodded wordlessly and unwrapped his hand from her delicate wrist, watching as it dropped to her side.

She did not move to pick up the skirt, but looked at him for a second. Both waiting to see if the other would say something, words remained unspoken. She reached to pick up her clothes, and he drew in a deep breath before they silently got dressed to leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~
TBC...
<center>

</center>
Hopeless Romantic
Addicted Roswellian

A/N: I'm just Blown Away by the feedback. You guys are amazing!! And so, I got this part out in 4 days...hopefully that wasnt too long for you. This is kind of a transition chapter...but things are going to get a little crazy after this so be ready!!

Thanks To:
FSUMSW94
orphyfets
Ellie
BehrObsession
taressa05
LilMsPredictable
linliz68
Earth2Mama
mrsjbehr
frenchkiss70
Strawberry88
Jason's Lover
Emz80m
g7silvers
janesdilemma
AppleJacks
FamersAmers
ShatteredDreamer
flyawayraven
OmegaRam1
begonia9508

Evans3 - Well, nothing for hubby to enjoy in this one. Next time just tell me when he's going to be home and I'll do my best to post a good one for you!
RASaero611
LTL

Alien614
YonkersMe
- Lol! I'll TRY my best not to keep you from the Happily Ever After for too long. Though I can't make any promises... :wink:
Roswell 10/2/00
Mariael311

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Part Seven

“You look like hell.”

Liz didn’t even bother to look up. “If you’re going to be mean you can turn your ass around. I’m not in the mood.”

Hands up in defense, Alex took the seat across from her, pushing a pint of Ben and Jerry’s across the table as an offering of peace.

“I’m just saying, Liz. You’ve been moping around for a week. I don’t see why you don’t just go find him.”

Liz sighed, reaching for the ice cream and frowning when she realized she didn’t have a spoon. Alex pulled one out of his bag and slid it to her. She opened the pint, considering his question. It wasn’t like she hadn’t thought about it.

Another Tuesday night had come and gone and if she had wanted to she could’ve gone to at least see if he was where he had been, but she hadn’t. It was a little ridiculous to sit here all bummed out when she could do something, but she felt she didn’t have a choice. Their last conversation was still fresh in her mind.

“Liz, I…” he began, looking at his hands as he pulled up next to her car. He didn’t even know where to begin. He felt like there was so much he wanted to say to her, but finding the words was impossible.

She took his silence differently. What happened in the hotel room was still fresh in her mind, and she had a feeling he was trying to make this as simple as possible. A part of her wanted to just run from the door.

What had she been thinking? He was married for God’s sake. She should've known what this was for him. She should've never let the thought enter her mind that maybe it could be more. She had been stupid.

“It’s okay, Max. You don’t need to say anything. I’m pretty sure I can figure out how this goes.”

If she hadn’t been staring at her own hands, she might’ve seen the look of confusion on his face, or seen a sign that maybe this wasn’t what he wanted, but her eyes remained in her lap and the moment passed.

“What…Liz, that’s not what--,”

“You have a wife, Max. This was a one time thing, something you pretend didn’t happen when you go back home.”

He shook his head, about to open his mouth to protest, but her hand was on the door.

“I’m just going to go.”

She opened the door, turning to climb out when his hand stopped her. She turned back to look at him, and this time she saw something in his eyes, but she couldn’t let herself believe it. He was taken; he had a wife, probably a beautiful one waiting for him at home. He was just trying to make this easy.

Inside Max was dying. The thought of what he was returning to, what she was sending him back to. He couldn’t understand her actions. Had their night together really just been what she was saying it now was? He didn’t know what to say, pride stopping him from coming out with what he had been feeling, so he did the only thing he could think of.

He kissed her.

Everything he was feeling went into that kiss. Though there was an urgency underneath it, his lips pressed against hers slowly, softly, almost as if they weren’t there at all. He was waiting for a response, and when her opens lips parted with a sigh, he went in more fully, tongue darting out to brush along her bottom lip.

Every ounce of passion he’d felt the night before, every ounce he wanted to feel again, went into that kiss. And when he pulled back, he rested his forehead against hers, taking in a deep breath, hoping she would know what he couldn’t say out loud.

And Liz wanted to believe with everything she had that he was trying to tell her something, but she couldn’t. She wanted to know why he was making this so hard. And as her eyes started to fill, everything she felt pushing to the surface after that kiss, Liz did the only thing she could think to do.

She ran.

She left his car, and got in her own, taking a deep breath before driving away, feeling like she had just left a piece of her heart behind her, because she was sure it had been ripped out after that.

“I can’t, Alex,” she said finally, pushing the ice cream back towards him. “He’s got a life that he got back too. Isn’t he the cop? If he wanted to find me he would’ve, but he didn’t want to. I’m not going to go looking for rejection. I just can’t take anymore.”

Alex dug into the ice cream. “He who shall not be named came back. At least you got to do the rejecting on that one.”

She nodded. Her ex boyfriend actually had come back to her, asking for another chance and apologizing for three days straight before Liz finally threatened to get a restraining order against him if he didn’t leave her alone.

Once a cheater always a cheater, and Liz had been too preoccupied with what had happened with Max to even consider her ex. She was thankful for the weekend she had, because she didn’t know if she would’ve been as tough during her ex’s attempts if it hadn’t been for Max. She was just so sick of wanting and not getting.

There was no way she could take the chance that Max would turn her down too. If he wanted to find her he had every means possible to. He was a cop. He could find someone in less than a minute. He obviously wasn’t interested or she wouldn’t be sitting around moping with Alex.

“You still look like hell,” Alex reminded her. “Have you even showered?”

Liz raised her arm to check, not really remembering. “Yeah, I showered this morning.”

“Oh, thank God.”

She frowned at her best friend. “Why are you being so mean?”

He sighed. “I’m not being mean, Lizzie. I’m being realistic. You can’t sit here like this. You haven’t done anything other than go to work, shower, which I was actually debating given the state of you, and eat.”

“I’d like to point out that you did that for 4 years of your own life.”

Alex smiled wryly. “College doesn’t count. And I did more than that. You forgot partying.”

“Alex, you didn’t party.”

“Are you trying to say that computer geeks weren’t cool enough to party with the rest of the kids, Liz? Because I take offense to that. I’ll have you know I was quite the catch when I was in college.”

“Oh yeah, the girls just went wild for your laptop!”

Dipping his spoon in the carton, he flung a spoonful of ice cream at her, watching with satisfaction as it landed in her hair. “Hah!”

Liz frowned, standing up from the table and giving Alex her best death glare. “What’d you have to go and do that for, Alex? Now I have to go and shower again!”

Max pushed his mashed potatoes from one side of his plate to the other and back again at least five times before Maria slammed her fork down in frustration. The sound startled him so much he actually looked up for the first time in ten minutes.

“What is wrong with you?” Maria accused, gesturing to his plate. “If you aren’t going to eat the mashed potatoes you could at least give them to Cody, then they’d be getting some use.”

Cody, a small black lab barked up at Max, tongue wagging as it hoped for some food. Max took a spoonful of the potatoes and dropped it into the dog’s mouth.

“Jesus, Max, I wasn’t serious.”

Max looked at the dog and then up. “I’m sorry, Maria. I’ve just got a lot on my mind.”

“Maxwell, you never come for dinner and when you do you’re staring at your plate the whole time. What’s going on with you?” Michael asked, shooing Cody out of the room and sitting back down.

“This move is making me crazy,” he supplied tiredly, hoping they would buy it.

Michael did and sat there nodding, but Maria pinned him with a look. “Is “the move” code word for Tess?”

Max couldn’t help but smile. Maria had hated Tess from the moment the two women had met. Maria had always had that sense about people, and she wasn’t wrong in Tess’s case. He’d love to sit and bash his wife all day long with Maria but he knew that wasn’t possible.

“No, it’s code word for ‘the move’,” Max said with a laugh.

Maria stood from the table, coming around to gather their plates. “I’m just saying if I had to live with a woman like that it would probably drive me crazy.”

“Maria, we all know you hate Tess, but please give it a rest. This is exactly why Max doesn’t come here a lot.”

Maria placed the dishes in the sink with a shrug. “Sorry.” But Max knew she was the farthest thing from it. Maria had always been a no-apologies type of girl. She said what was on her mind and didn’t care if you liked it or not.

Of course, this was the reason why Tess wouldn’t come over to Maria and Michael’s house. The first time the girls had met Maria had chosen to loudly comment on the fact that Tess’s fake blonde hair made her look like a cheap whore, and for some reason Tess hadn’t really gotten over that.

“It’s fine Michael,” Max told his brother. “I’m going to try and come by more anyways.”

Michael looked happy about this, which made Max happy. Michael, though a competitive younger brother, had always seemed to really enjoy spending time with Max. Even when they were little kids, he always like tagging along with Max’s friends when they went outside to play. He’d always been the smallest, but that didn’t stop him from trying his hardest to be like the big kids.

Max remembered once when they were young, he had gone out with his friends on their bicycles to play in the park, and Michael had lagged behind on his big wheel. When they had been playing, Michael had found the best hiding spot and no one had been able to find him. They’d searched for hours, finally having one of the kids go home to get Max’s parents. Everyone had been so scared, but when they finally found Michael he jumped out of his spot and declared himself the winner, not scared at all and proud that he had been able to play with them and win.

Ever since then Max had been protective of Michael, but Michael was the tough one. Max felt like he was the one who needed to be protected sometimes. Maybe if someone had protected him, he wouldn’t be stuck in the position he was now.

He hadn’t been able to get his mind off Liz all week. He wanted nothing more than to find her; he knew he could, but Max didn’t know if he would be able to handle the look on her voice or the sound of her voice telling him that she wasn’t interested and he was stupid for thinking she had been.

He looked at Maria and Michael, washing dishes together. He thought of their life, their home, even their dog. He wanted that, and the sad part was that even though he had it in one respect, he really didn't. He was missing so much. He was missing out on life, a life he wanted to experience with someone now.

She had been the one to drive by him all those times, and a part of him figured that if she was interested in anything more from him she would do it again. But then he knew that he was the one with the “wife” and maybe she just felt that he was the one who didn’t want to get involved.

Suddenly, Max felt really stupid. What if that had been what it was the entire time?

“Guys, thank you for having me over, but I really have to go.”

Maria and Michael both looked up from the kitchen, having been washing dishes together. They looked disappointed that he was leaving so Max stood up and came to hug both of them.

“I’ll come back soon. I promise.”

They nodded. “Is everything okay?” Maria asked, immediately sensing something was going on.

Max nodded, even though inside he was feeling like the biggest idiot on the planet. He didn’t even know what he was going to do to fix this situation but he knew he needed to do something, at least take a chance so he wouldn’t spend the rest of his life wondering.

“Everything’s okay,” he told them, grabbing his jacket and walking out the door. Or at least he hoped it would be.

~~~~~~~~~~
TBC...Lol, I've gotta tell you, I was going to have them both continue to be idiots in this chapter but I couldnt do it. So, Max has some type of brain activity going on in his head now.
<center>

</center>
Hopeless Romantic
Addicted Roswellian

A/N: I'm still Blown Away by the feedback you're leaving. Thanks SO much to everyone who's taking the time to read this. This new part is going to throw you for a loop...Let's see the new guesses :wink:

Thanks To:
RASaero611
taressa05
Strawberry88
BehrObsession
Michelle17
Earth2Mama
- A little violent...but i like the way you think :twisted:
AppleJacks
FSUMSW94
- This chapter deals with all of that don't you worry.
Jason's Lover
amy2344
LilMsPredictable
dreamer destiny
- You're on the right track.
Emz80m
g7silvers
Evans3
- Lol, I'll try my best to have that for you. At least before next time. Just keep this FB up and it'll happen.
linliz68
orphyfets
frenchkiss70
I am a dreamer
- Yeah, Max and Liz have a ways to go before Liz can take her place. But Tess will definitely get put in her place. Brain Capacity is a beautiful thing.
begonia9508
Ellie
Mariael311
LTL
flyawayraven
OmegaRam1
foxychar

ENJOY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Eight

Liz walked into work the next day wishing it would end the second it had started. Alex had dragged her out of her apartment for the night and while at first she’d been reluctant to go, after a couple drinks with her best friend he ended up having to drag her home.

She wasn’t usually a drinker, but she couldn’t help but notice how every time she took another shot or finished another drink, Max Evans seemed to move farther and farther from her mind, drowned out by the noise and fuzziness in her head.

Now the noise and fuzziness seemed like a brick, dragging her down and making her more tired than she’d ever felt in her life. She was experiencing her first hangover, and she didn’t like it one bit.

“Liz?”

Liz looked up, noticing that her boss had just walked in. She had been working as a secretary in this office for almost 3 years, and while it wasn’t what she planned to do with the rest of her life, for now it was working for it. It paid good money and that was all that mattered for now.

“Yes, sir?”

She’d always liked her boss. He’d always seemed to be a nice guy and surprisingly unmarried. He was about 8 years older than her, making him 34 so Liz would’ve thought he’d be tied down by now, but he hadn’t. He had been dating someone very seriously for the past two years, but they weren’t married yet. She was an incredibly sweet woman though and Liz hoped she’d be the one to catch her boss. She was very fond of him, though it didn’t go past that, mainly because he always treated her like an equal instead of just someone who worked for him.

“Did we receive a fax from Mr. Walters yet?”

I looked over to the fax machine behind me and shook my head when I turned back around. “Not yet. Would you like me to let you know when it comes in?”

He nodded, looking down at his watch. He went to say something but then seemed to think better of it because he turned around and walked back into his office.

Liz sat around filing papers and answering the phones for about an hour when the door opened and her boss’s first client walked in. He stopped at her desk and she informed her boss that someone was there to see him. Things were business as usual most of the day, until about four when her boss’s last client walked in.

Normally, clients were supposed to come to her desk and Liz would inform the lawyers they were there to see that they had arrived, so when this woman walked right by her without saying anything Liz stopped her.

“Excuse, miss? Can I help you?” she asked politely, getting the blonde’s attention.

“Actually, you can’t.”

Her blue eyes shot Liz a look and Liz couldn’t help being startled. She had no idea why this woman was being rude but Liz wasn’t about to let this woman treat her that way. She had a job to do.

“I’m sorry, it’s just that you’re supposed to check in with me before walking into on of the private offices. So, if you could give me your name I could let whoever you’re hear to see know that you’ve arrived.”

Liz gave her a sweet smile, and waited for her to come back. She hated people who seemed to think too much of themselves, and this woman definitely thought she could walk all over people.

“Why don’t you go back to what you were doing like a good little secretary? He already knows I’m here.”

With that, the woman turned around and walked into the door her boss had entered a little while before. Liz was left gaping after her, seriously debating if whether putting the bitch in her place was worth losing her job over. She was also wondering why the woman had just walked into her boss’s office.

Still in a bad mood with the woman, Liz just about snapped when the phone rang, revealing a familiar number that she had no interest in seeing. She picked up the phone reluctantly, only because she knew that if she didn’t the person would keep calling.

“Liz, please don’t hang up—,”

Liz slammed the phone back onto the receiver and waited.

When it rang again she picked it up, listening for the sound of his voice before hanging up again. This had been going on for a couple of days. Her ex had been calling her, apologizing for what he had done and begging her to take him back. Liz just wasn’t interested anymore.

She knew she had to do something though. She couldn’t have the phones at her office ringing off the hook.

When the phone rang again she picked it up, this time letting him talk. “Have you not gotten the hint?” she asked harshly.

“Please, baby. I’m so sorry. I’m the biggest idiot on the planet and I swear I’ll never do anything to hurt you again. Please just give me another chance. She didn’t mean anything—I love you.”

“Don’t you dare say that to me.”

“It’s the truth, Liz! I need you baby, please. These last few days have been hell without you.”

Liz rolled her eyes. She had always known he was a scumbag, and wondered why it had taken her so long to realize it completely. She mentally scolded herself when she thought about how many times she had listened to these words come out of his mouth and had believed them.

“You better get use to it then.”

He didn’t say anything. “Liz, baby, you’re not thinking. Please just meet me later tonight to talk, can you do that?”

Liz considered this, knowing that if she told him she wouldn’t go he would continue calling her. She decided to lie and tell him she would so he would leave her alone, and then she just wouldn’t show up.

“Fine. I’ll meet you tonight at 8 at your apartment.”

She listened to him drone on for another minute about how thankful he was and how she wouldn’t regret it, but Liz was really hearing any of it. Next to her, the fax machine came to life as paper started coming out of it, obviously the fax from Mr. Walters.

“I need to get back to work. I’ll see you later.”

Hanging up the phone, she stood and waited for the fax to finish and then stacked the few papers before walking to her boss’s office. When she first started working there she had always paged him over the phone, but he said he hated how impersonal that was, so she had started coming to his door and knocking, usually talking to him for a few minutes about life and making small talk.

Knocking on the door, she couldn’t hear a distinct answer, but thought that she heard his voice say something. She could hear the blonde too, so when her second attempt went unanswered Liz turned the doorknob and opened the door.

What she saw shocked her more than anything. Her boss and the small blonde practically flew apart, and Liz received an eyeful before slamming the door shut.

She turned and leaned against the door, amazed at what she had just seen. She knew for a fact that wasn’t her boss’s girlfriend, and knew that they were still together as of yesterday, so the only thing Liz could assume was that her boss was cheating on his girlfriend. The thought made Liz so angry she could hardly breathe. All this time, thinking he was this nice guy. Liz couldn’t believe that he was just like the rest of them.

After a couple of minutes, Liz got herself under control when the door opened and the two of them walked out. Liz moved away from the door, walking back to her desk and sitting down without a word.

Once the blonde was gone, Liz waited for her boss to walk back to his office but he didn’t. He came over to her desk and stood in front of her, waiting for her to look up but Liz kept her eyes on the papers in front of her.

“Liz…” he said finally, and she looked up, an accusing stare on her face.

“Yes, sir?” Never before had the words held such contempt, and he noticed as well because she could see his face flinch slightly.

“Liz, about what you saw…”

Liz stood up, leaning down to grab her bag and putting it on her desk. “Actually, sir, I have to go. I’ve got somewhere to be tonight and I can’t stay late so since it’s five I’m going to have to go.”

He looked upset, but Liz didn’t give him any room to argue. She picked up her bag and slung it over her shoulder, making sure everything was clean around her desk before walking around him and out of the office.

She walked to her car, hoping to get home as soon as possible. She needed to talk to Alex. It seemed like he was the only man in the world who hadn’t turned into a complete asshole.

She wanted to call him, but decided to wait until she got home. She had way too much on her mind and while talking to Alex would probably help sort it out she didn’t think doing that and driving would be a good idea, not while her emotions were this high strung already.

She thought about her ex-boyfriend, who she was “meeting” tonight, or so he thought. The last thing she would ever do is meet him, especially after this. It had just proved to her that she really couldn’t trust anyone. She had never once believed her boss was the type of guy who would cheat on someone he was with. He was always so cute when it came to her, calling her and sending her flowers.

Liz knew all this because it was something they had always talked about. Liz had liked his girlfriend and always asked how she was. And he had always seemed so happy with her, smiling like crazy when he was on the phone with her.

Liz pulled onto the highway, noticing that it was raining. It was days like this that she wished she worked in Roswell instead of outside the town because she hated the commute. She especially hated driving on the winding road in the rain. She decided to watch her speed, just to be safe.

This road also made her think of Max. It was true that while she was sitting here complaining about all the cheaters in the world, Max had essentially done the same thing to his wife. Granted, she knew nothing about their situation and also had feelings for him she was a little more forgiving, but a part of her still got mad at the fact.

She was the other woman in their situation, the “blonde bitch” that walked in and didn’t give a shit who she was hurting because she was horny. How could she sit there and judge what her boss and that woman had been doing when she had been doing the exact same thing?

She didn’t even know how to feel about her situation with Max anymore. She had so many different emotions going through her right now she couldn’t even see straight, and the rain wasn’t making it any easier.

She needed something, and she didn’t even know what, but she decided to just call Alex. She picked her cell phone up from the seat next to her and dialed the familiar number.

“Hello?”

“Alex, it’s Liz.”

Her voice was shaking and she hadn’t even realized it but Alex had, and he immediately asked what was wrong. “Are you okay?”

Liz felt tears fill her eyes. She didn’t know what was wrong with her, but it seemed like everything that had been happening over the past few weeks was catching up with her. She started to cry.

“Can I come over?”

Maybe if she hadn’t been crying, or maybe if the rain hadn’t been as bad, Liz would’ve noticed the car in front of her, driving slowly but suddenly swerving to the left, away from the railing. Maybe she would’ve seen the brake lights, and maybe she would’ve been able to stop.

But Liz didn’t see any of that, and only noticed when the car swerved back into her lane. She let out a yell, slamming on her brakes, the wet road causing her tires to hydroplane. Turning the wheel, she tried to get some kind of control, and could hear Alex yelling her name from the phone, but she couldn’t do anything. She watched everything as it happened, watched the side of the highway getting closer, Alex’s voice still in the background. But she couldn’t hear anything after that, the world becoming quiet and filling with only the sounds of metal around her. She hit the railing and her car began to roll, hitting the ground with two deafening thuds and sliding for almost twenty feet before slamming into the rock on the left side of the highway.

It was enough to stop it, the car rocking slightly before everything became still. Everything around her grew eerily silent as an immense pain flashed through her body, only seconds before Liz’s entire world went black.

~~~~~~~~~
TBC..
Last edited by Hopeless Romantic on Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
<center>

</center>
Hopeless Romantic
Addicted Roswellian

A/N: Ehh...Icky Plot. I want to get back to the fun. I'm not going to far with all this plot stuff am i? Hopefully this part isn't too bad. I'm trying to get it all out in one part so that way I get to the nookie... :wink: Hopefully you guys like this!

Thanks To:
Ellie - Happy Mother's Day to you too!
taressa05 - Somehow I think we'll manage to forgive them...
Earth2Mama - Lol! I loved your reaction. Wait till you find out who it was...
RASaero611
FamersAmers
Evans3
- Lol I posted a reply to your feedback in the previous post^^
orphyfets - She was only saying Yes so he would leave her alone. She wasn't goign to go talk to him.
frenchkiss70
FSUMSW94
dreamer destiny
- Glad I made your day! Thanks for the feedback this time. :D Yeah, RL boys can be jerks like that too...It sucks, but Oh Well! If we didn't need them to continue the human race I would say just get rid of them, but they can be good for some things, even when they're jerks.
I am a dreamer - Lol, random outbursts in public places are not good. Liz's ex will be revealed in time...
Mariael311
begonia9508
foxychar
Emz80m
- Well, she's realizing what she's doing at least. Some hypocrites think they do nothing wrong.
BehrObsession - Yeah, there definitely is a difference. The two of them just need to figure it out.
LTL - I hadn't even thought of that. For now, she's just upset. :D
Jason's Lover
janesdilemma
g7silvers

AppleJacks - :| I was worried about it being too much...It's not bad though, is it? I don't know if I could ever write a PWP story lol. I need drama.

ENJOY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Part Nine

The police station got the call maybe ten minutes before Max’s own cell phone rang. Dispatchers had already been sent to the accident scene, so even though the news he received from the call wasn’t new to him, he hadn’t imagined that Tess had been involved.

“Max? There’s been an accident. I need you to come here, I don’t know what to do!” she was hysterical, something that alarmed Max more than anything. He was out of the station in no time, getting in his car and speeding out of town, not even bothering with his police lights.

“What happened, Tess?” he asked. Panic was rising inside of him and he had no idea why. Tess seemed to be okay, given the fact that she was calling him, but he knew without doubt that something was very wrong. He could feel it.

“I was driving…and I swerved…It was raining and I couldn’t stop and then another car swerved to avoid me, but she lost control of her car.”

Her tears continued, whimpering sobs of a woman who had just witnessed a horrible accident and knew she was to blame for it. Max’s heart constricted at the word “she”, and Liz flashed into his head.

“Tess, what kind of car was it? I need you to tell me the car!”

He tried to stay calm, not wanting to freak her out, but he couldn’t help it. He had to know the type of car, but something told him even as he asked he wasn’t going to like the answer he was about to hear.

“It was a convertible, Max…a red one. I don’t know anything else I couldn’t see anything. It was raining…”

Her voice trailed off. Max couldn’t hear anything after that, his world around him caving in as his fear skyrocketed. Tess vaguely said something about having to get off the phone, but Max barely recognized when she hung up. Only one thought was going through his mind…

“Please let this be a mistake.”

He drove faster than he had ever driven before, even faster than that night when he and Liz had been trying to make it to the hotel. His heart constricted at the thought. Flipping on his lights and siren, Max flew down the familiar streets of Roswell, barely noticing the harsh rain pounding on his windshield. All that mattered was getting to that accident…getting to Liz.

Red and Blue lights came into view up ahead. Flares lined the roads, marking off the accident scene, and he slowed his speed, watching as two cops in rain jackets ushered him into the area. He could see Tess’s car, parked on the side of the highway and he could almost make out her blond hair sitting in the back of one of the ambulances, shielded from the rain as an officer questioned her.

His eyes scanned the road desperately, and when they finally rested on the crashed vehicle, Max felt his heart drop. He knew that car, but he could barely recognize it. The car was flipped upside down, lying on its hood. Glass was everywhere, scattered across the street. And there was blood, so much blood.

He feared for the worst, looking around to find some sign of Liz. He ran to the second ambulance. The doors had been shut, and Max could tell they were about to drive off but he got there before they did.

“What happened?” he demanded.

“White female. We removed her from the vehicle, but she’s lost consciousness. She’s being taken to Roswell Memorial.”

“Do you have identification on her?”

“Not yet. Officers are still searching the car for ID.”

Max nodded, unsure of what to do at this point. He needed to tell them who she was, but saying it would make this more real than he wanted it to be. “Her name is Elizabeth Parker. I pulled her over just last week.”

The officer nodded, writing down the information and then speaking it into the radio on his shoulder. Thanking Max, he pounded on the side of the ambulance twice, signaling to the driver they were clear to leave. Lights and sirens filled his mind again and Max watched as the ambulance drove off and out of sight.

Defeated, Max walked over the other ambulance that he had seen Tess in. The second she saw him she was in his arms, crying hysterically as the other officer gave her a look of sympathy.

“What happened?” he asked again.

“Your wife here says she was reaching for something when she realized she was veering towards the railing and swerved into the opposite lane. When she came back into the correct lane, the car behind her hadn’t seen what was happening so she says the car swerved to avoid her, hit the railing and crashed.”

“It was horrible, Max…” Tess whimpered against his shirt. “The car rolled at least twice before hitting the rock and stopping. The car’s so small…I don’t even know how the girl survived. I’m so sorry!”

Even though she wasn’t apologizing to him directly, mainly just saying sorry because of the guilt she was feeling, Max couldn’t help but feel the he deserved an apology too. Anger at his “wife” rose inside of him. She had already put him through so much, made him live a life they both knew he was unhappy with, and now she had done something that was taking away the only thing Max had felt good about in his life in a long time.

She had to be okay. Max needed her to be; because he didn’t know how he would live with himself knowing even a small part of him had been responsible for this. He remained silent as Tess continued to talk to the deputy, and waited until they were told they could leave.

When they got home, Max simply went to bed, not saying a word. Thankfully, Tess was too much in shock to say much of anything either. Max didn’t know how long it took him to fall asleep that night, images of the twisted metal Liz had been found helpless in haunting his mind.

The next morning, Max thought he would die in shock when Tess announced she wanted to go to the hospital to see the woman from the accident. Max hadn’t understood her need to go there. Even though he had been planning to go see Liz, it wasn’t somewhere he wanted Tess to go. He didn’t want Tess to have any more to do with Liz than she already had.

But Tess had insisted, so Max waited as she got ready and then they drove the hospital. When they got there, it wasn’t hard to find Liz’s room. Max had agreed to go with Tess to the hospital as long as he got to go into the room and make sure the girl was okay and up for visitors.

Max really just couldn’t go another minute without seeing her. So, after Tess gave his hand a squeeze and went to sit on the uncomfortable waiting room chairs, he moved to the door. He stood there for a minute, hand on the doorknob, unable to move. He didn’t know what to expect, and the thought of seeing her on that hospital bed was almost too much to bare.

Finally, he opened the door and walked in and what he saw broke his heart.

Liz was lying on the hospital bed, her arm bandaged and in a sling, her head wrapped in some kind of gauze. Cuts and bruises marred her face, almost to the point that if he hadn’t known her the way he did, he wouldn’t recognize her. He seemed amazed at the fact that her injuries weren’t even more severe, given the state of her car. Luckily, the report had said she had been wearing her seatbelt, and her car did have a roll bar. It seemed impossible, but those things had saved her life.

Max couldn’t believe it. A week of thinking about her, envisioning their night together, and here she was in front of him. It had taken a car accident to bring them together, and Max swore in that moment that he would never waste time like he had done the past week again.

He sat down in the chair next to her, and took her hand that was resting beside her on the bed. He watched as she stirred softly, before opening her eyes.

“Max…,” she whispered. “You found me.”

All he could do was nod as he stared at her. “I’m sorry it took me so long.”

She tried to smile, but he could tell she was in pain. “I’ll be out of here in no time. Don’t worry about me,” she told him. “I’m a fast healer…but I might need some help with the recovery.”

Liz knew what she was saying was wrong. Max still had a wife. But seeing him here made her realize that what she was feeling for him wasn’t simply “sex”, and the fact that he had come to see her made her believe it was the same for him.

“I like the sound of that,” he said softly to her, but then he remembered why he was also here. “There’s something I have to tell you, Liz.” Her eyes came up to meet his as she waited for an answer. “The car accident…my wife was the one driving. She’s here to see you. I think she, well, I guess she needs to apologize.”

Liz didn’t know what to say. She was going to be talking to the woman that belonged to this wonderful man in front of her. She was going to have to see that Max really didn’t belong to her, because he had someone at home. Liz didn’t know how she was going to handle it, but she nodded and waited as he went to open the door.

The woman walked in, blonde head cast downward, but Liz swore she seemed slightly familiar. It was an unreal experience, to be standing in front of the woman who had been responsible for her current state of health, and Liz couldn’t help but wonder if the pain she was feeling from the accident, was her penance for the pain she was going to put this woman through when she found out what her husband was doing.

But all those thoughts left her mind the second she lifted her head, and familiar blue eyes met her own. She began to apologize, introducing herself as Tess, and going on about how incredibly sorry she was, but Liz could hear none of it. Her head began to pound and she was scared she was going to black out.

Standing in front of her was the woman from this afternoon, the blonde bitch she had walked in on screwing around with her boss. Liz’s eyes snapped to Max’s and she wondered if he had any idea what his wife had been doing today. Could he possibly know and still be living with her?

She had so many questions and she needed to talk to Max, but something stopped her. What if he didn’t know, what if he would prefer not to know? How was she supposed to tell him that his wife was cheating on him? Sure, he had cheated on her, but what if it had really been a mistake and now he just wanted to go back to her. Would he accuse Liz of making up Liz to try and break them apart.

Her head was spinning, this situation driving her crazy. She didn’t know what to think anymore. But she had a feeling she was about to be sick if she didn’t stop thinking about it.

Max must’ve sensed something was going on, because he immediately came to her rescue. “Tess, she looks tired. I think it would be best if we left.”

His wife just nodded, and then something struck Liz. She hadn’t recognized her. Liz knew exactly who Tess was but Tess hadn’t been able to tell Liz was the secretary from that morning because of the cuts from the accident.

Liz tried to comprehend everything that was going on in her mind, when she realized that Tess was gone and Max was back at her side, this time standing. He would have to leave quickly, but Liz needed to know something.

“Max, why did you cheat on your wife?”

He seemed startled by her question, but he took a second before answering. It was something he hated to admit, something no one would really understand, and he didn’t want Liz to see him differently, but she deserved the truth.

“She’s been cheating on me.”

Liz let out a sigh of relief, knowing that of all the answers she could’ve gotten that was probably the best one, not that it was that great. There was still so much she needed to know.

“We really need to talk, Liz.” She nodded because she knew it was true. She didn’t know how long she would be in the hospital, but the second she got out she knew they needed to get things out in the open. He ran his hand through his hair and looked back at her. “When you get out of here, I want to take you somewhere. I don’t know if this is something you want to hear, but that night at the hotel wasn’t just sex for me, and I don’t know what’s going on and what I’m feeling, but there’s a lot I need to tell you.”

“I have to tell you something to.”

He stopped her from saying anything. “We’ll talk about it when you’re better. I need to help you recover, remember?”

Liz let out a small laugh, ignoring the slight pain in her chest. That was a promise she planned on making him keep.
<center>

</center>