It Only Took A Minute (M/L, Mature) Ch 6 5/20/05 (WIP)

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

It Only Took A Minute (M/L, Mature) Ch 6 5/20/05 (WIP)

Post by vegas312 »

Title: It Only Took a Minute

Authors: Vegas312 and Ilyme4Ever

Rating: MATURE for violence, language, and adult situations

Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell so please don’t sue but I wouldn’t mind getting some of the guys’ phone numbers.

Coupling: M/L with the other couples sprinkle throughout

Summary: Post Sexual Healing. Everything that happened after that has pretty much gone in the trash, but I might dig in it once and awhile for something. Anyway its 2005 and the gang have all grown up and are living normal lives well what you can call normal being hybrids that is. They have no idea that there is a fourth alien and they never did find the mysterious Nacedo. What happens when destiny comes a calling? Also what about the FBI and Sheriff Valenti?

AN: Okay this whole fic is all Mary’s idea and I’m just writing it. LOL Alright soul sister of mine I hope I do your idea some justice and um yeah you guys are going to need the Kleenex for this one. Again I blame Mary for getting me to write this, so any complaints can be sent her way. Love you sis and I hope that you like it. Also quick thanks to cardinalgirl42 for letting me bug her for a minute. :) Well let’s let the dreaming begin then. *takes deep breath*

Banner made by Ilyme4Ever. ;)

Chapter One

Copper Summit, Arizona 2005

The crowd looked on in a mixture of excitement and fear as they watched the interrogation before them. A boy with dark hair and dark eyes looked up in disgust at the man before him. Raising his hand he slapped him across the face causing the man to fall down. “It’s been almost sixty years since we’d crashed on this forsaken backwater of a planet and we’re still no closer to finding the Royal three. You made a deal with Khivar to turn over the Royal three and deliver to him the heir, but you haven’t done either. You’re so fucking incompetent that you can’t even find them at all.”

The man stayed on the ground and looked at the boy with hate smothering in his eyes and replied, “I brought you the other set and the queen. What more do you want? Also I’m not the only one that’s having a hard time finding them. You sent out a group of scouts to find them and they had no better luck then I did.”

“What more do I want? I want to get off this planet and I can’t do that until we have the real Royal four. The other set you brought me were faulty and their Zan didn’t even have the seal on him. Not to mention none of them know where the granolith is at and we can’t leave until we have the granolith. I’m sick of your excuses and you have no more information for me.” With that he raised a glowing hand towards the man and the man shook his head and said, “Nicholas don’t do this. I can still be useful to you.”

“You’re wasting your breath and my air,” Nicholas told him before he sent out a blast. The man let out a scream as the blast hit him and the crowd watched as he slowly started turning into ash. Turning towards the crowd Nicholas said, “Let that be a lesson to all of you. Now where’s the little queen at?” Everyone quickly moved as an answer and left a short blonde standing alone to face Nicholas. He circled the young woman and took in her long blonde hair and petite figure. Coming back to face her he looked directly at the ice blue eyes that were staring back at him and said, “give me one good reason why I shouldn’t kill you.”

She stared at him without blinking and said coldly, “if you kill me you’ll have no one left to help you. You’ve already killed the other set and you just finished Nacedo off. If you kill me you won’t be able to get a royal heir when you find the others. Only I and my Zan will be able to produce a royal heir. Plus I have an idea as to where the others may be at.”

He raised an eyebrow at this new piece of information. “You know where the others are at? How come Nacedo didn’t have this piece of information, and why am I hearing about it so late? How do I know that this isn’t some kind of plan to keep me from killing you? I mean how stupid do you think I am Tess?”

Saying nothing she just looked at him while waiting to see what he would do next. She had just seen her protector killed and she had no plans to join him in the afterlife this soon. Her plan just had to work otherwise Nicholas would kill her just as quickly as he had killed Nacedo. Hearing her name called she came out her thoughts and looked at him questioningly.

“So Tess what’s your idea, and where do you think the others are at?”

“I believe that they’re in Roswell, New Mexico,” she told him.

“Roswell? The only aliens in that place are the town nuts and the idiots that believe Star Trek is real. Beam me up Scotty and all that. What makes you think that they’re there,” he asked her.

“I ran across some information when I was at work the other day. Apparently the town sheriff a few years back had reported that a local waitress had been shot and that witnesses claimed that she had been miraculous healed by some boy.”

“Hmm that’s very interesting. Did Agent Pierce see this piece of information?”

“I found the file in his desk and it seems that over the past five years he has been steadily collecting information about not only the waitress and the guy that healed her, but four other people as well.”

“Why the hell didn’t I know anything about this? What has my dear sister been up to in Washington? She’s supposed to be sending any information that she finds back here. Hmm I’ll figure that out later, but I guess it’s a good thing I sent you to work for the Special Unit otherwise we would be in the dark.”

She wisely refrained from pointing out that the Congresswoman was so busy getting her freak on with the Special Agent that she really wasn’t looking for rest of the Royal Four. ‘Oh well her mistake will be my way out of here and away from Nicholas. There’s no way in hell I’m going back to Antar to let Khivar rule when I can do that myself. I just have to find the others and make them see things my way. If they don’t want to cooperate well then they’re going have a problem.’

“So I’m assuming you have a plan since you didn’t volunteer any of this information up when I was torturing Nacedo. Poor Nacedo he raised you and here you let him die. I guess he wasn’t the great father figure that he thought himself to be,” he told her with a smirk.

“Nacedo would have done the same if the situation was reverse. Its survivor of the fittest and that’s what he always taught me,” she said coldly.

He laughed evilly and replied, “I guess you learn that lesson rather well, but make no mistake if you betray me I will find out and there’s no one to save you from me. Now tell me about this plan of yours since I’m sure you won’t disappoint me by not having one.”

“My plan is simple and because of that it will work. I’ll just go to Roswell and let them know who I am. I’ll show them the Destiny Book and they’ll believe whatever I’ll tell them. They’ve more than likely been raised by humans so they’ll have a conscious, and that’s their weakness. I’ll tell them that a whole planet of people are waiting for them to save them and that only they can do so. They’ll feel so guilty that they’ll eagerly follow me back here to go save home and their people.”

“Why Tess I do believe you’ve come up with a sound plan. That’s remarkable for you and if you succeed then not only will Khivar reward you lavishly so will I,” he leered at her.

Barely keeping the disgust off her face she smiled at him sweetly. ‘As soon as I find the others and get them under my control I’m killing Tiny Tim here.’ “So do you find my plan okay?”

“It’s an excellent plan and something I might have come up with myself if I had known about that file. You may go ahead and leave for Roswell today.”

She nodded at him and turned to leave only to stop at him saying, “Take Peter here with you.”

Quickly turning back to him she said, “I really don’t need a babysitter to do this job. I can bring the other three back myself without any help.”

“Well my dear you either go with Peter or you don’t go at all. You see while you’ve proven yourself over the years I still can’t quite get over the feeling that you might betray me if I’m not careful. So what’s it going to be? Do you go with Peter or do you stay here?” He looked at her carefully to see what her reaction to his statement would be.

“Fine I’ll take Peter with me if you like, but I’m a little hurt that you don’t trust me,” she told him with a pout.

Satisfied that he wouldn’t have to kill her yet he waved her off and nodded to the tall blonde that had moved to stand next to her. “Just make sure that you report in what you find as soon as you get there, and remember that I’m always one step ahead of you so don’t try to pull any tricks.”

“Of course Nicholas I wouldn’t dream of doing anything like that. I’ll report back to you as soon as I arrive in Roswell.” With that she moved through the crowd while the tall blonde guy followed behind her. Once out of the building she headed towards a dark blue SUV and turned to the tall blonde guy that had been following her. Scrunching her forehead she told him, “You will only report back what I command you too. If you see anything you will tell me first and then only may you tell Nicholas.” The guy looked at her in a daze and blinked at her after a few minutes. Satisfied that Peter was firmly under her control she told him, “well I guess we better swing by our houses and get some stuff because who knows how long we’re going to be there.”

He nodded and got in the passenger side while trying to figure out what he had missed. Nicholas had warned him that she could be dangerous, but looking at her he seriously doubted that she could hurt a fly. Getting in the car she started it up and took a quick peek in Peter’s mind and smirked to herself, ‘the fool believes that because I’m a woman that I’m harmless. What an idiot, but he’ll be useful in my plans.’ Pulling out of his mind she put the car in drive and started heading towards her home to get her stuff.

*********meanwhile***************

Roswell, New Mexico Crashdown

As the bell rang in the café signaling that someone was entering the older man behind the counter looked up and was delighted at what he saw. Coming in was a young man with dark hair that curl to his nape who looked to be in his early twenties. He was smiling down at the smaller woman in front of him who had dark hair as well that was cut in layers. She was petite and short whereas he was tall and lean. The two were so wrapped up in each other as the older man looked at them with a smile. Moving from around the counter he stopped in front of the couple. The two stopped and the woman squealed in delighted and ran into his open arms. “Lizzie, what are you guys doing here? Shouldn’t you be in Boston studying for finals or something,” he asked her. She laughed and said, “Dad, I got to take finals early and Max got exempted from most of his.”

“Yeah well I’m not the only one who got exempted from a few of them,” Max reminded her with a smile. She punched him lightly in the arm and said, “Oh hush. I’m trying to be modest here and you’re not letting me.” Taking the hand that she punched him with he brought it to his mouth for a gentle kiss and winked at her. She stared up at him and smiled seductively. His breath caught at her look and he absently wondered to himself if there was time to drag her off somewhere. The older man coughed loudly interrupting them and the two looked back at him while trying not to blush.

“You two still act like you’re on your honeymoon,” Mr. Parker told them.

“Well we’ve only been married for two years so that’s technically still the honeymoon period,” Liz told him.

The two had gotten married a year after they graduated from high school and although their parents worried about them getting married so young the two had proven that they had what it took to make a good lasting marriage. Mr. Parker looked at the two glad that they had proven them wrong. “So what brings the two of you back home? I mean not that I’m complaining or anything,” he told them.

“As I’m now seven months pregnant it’s getting close for my time to delivery I thought it would be best to come home and be surrounded by family,” she told her dad.

Mr. Parker blinked and took in the small bungle where his grandson or granddaughter now resided. Sometimes he kept forgetting that his son-in-law was from out of this world and reminders like this kept shocking him time and time again. ‘Then again nothing could be as bad as my reaction the first time the kids had sat me down to tell about Max’s otherworldly origin,’ he thought humorously to himself. Shaking his head he said, “Well that’s great honey. Shouldn’t you be resting or something instead of standing on your feet?” He took his daughter’s elbow and led her to the backroom to sit down. She sat down and smiled at her father and told him, “Well the baby will be here in a few weeks. It’s going to be a girl and we still don’t have a name picked out.”

Max sat down next to her and wrapped his around her. “Hey I told you we should name her Liz since I’m sure she’s going to have your eyes and hair.”

“Max we’re not naming her Liz. My name is Liz and she should have her own name and identity. I mean if we have a son are you going to want to name him Max Jr.” Not hearing anything she saw that her father had left and that Max was just staring at her with a smile on his face. “Why are you staring at me? Do I have something on my nose or something,” she asked him.

“Nope I just like looking at you. I mean it’s truly amazing it is.”

“What’s amazing and where did my dad go?”

“Your dad said he was going to go get your mother and before you asked you missed him saying it because you were rambling on quite cutely if I may say so. Also I think it’s amazing that we’re married and in a few weeks we’re going to have a baby. If anyone would have told that this would have happened a few years ago I would have laughed. I just thank whatever being that is out there gave me these powers so I could save you that day.”

She sniffed and threw herself at him. Cuddling up on his lap she sniffed some more and mumbled in his neck where her mouth currently rested. The two sat peacefully with him running his fingers gently through her hair and her wrapped around him. Suddenly the door opened and four young adults rushed into the back room. Looking up the two smiled at the sight before them and Liz moved to stand up to greet them. Max picked her up and sat her on the other side of the couch and he stood up. Reaching back down he helped her stand up. She had barely been standing for a second before one of the girls launched herself at her. The two hugged and soon they were joined by another girl. The three guys looked on with a smile while making conversations. It had been awhile since their little gang had been together as each couple had gone their separate way, but every holiday and break they made sure to get back home to Roswell to hang out. This time they were all back to see one of their own give birth. They were all excited, nervous, and curious as this was the first baby to be born in their little group. They had become friends because of a secret, but over the months and years the bond between the six had grown strong and now they were a family that would protect each other no matter the cost. As the six talked among themselves and caught up with what was going on they never knew that this was the last time that they would be together so peacefully and happy. Destiny had started looking for them and she was coming whether they wanted her to or not.
Last edited by vegas312 on Fri May 20, 2005 9:04 pm, edited 13 times in total.
vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

Disclaimer: *looks sad* I do not own Roswell although I wouldn’t mind having Colin. *looks innocently* I’ll give him back unharmed promise.

Rating: MATURE for language, violence, and adult situations

Coupling: M/L with the other couples as well

Summary: Post Sexual Healing. Everything after that has gone in the trash and I’ll dig in it once and awhile I’m sure for something. Anyway everyone has all grown up and has been living normal happy lives. They don’t know anything about a fourth alien and they never did find the mysterious Nacedo. What happens when Destiny comes looking for them? Will the love and bond between them be enough to save them all? What about the FBI and Sheriff Valenti?

AN: Thanks for all the wonderful feedback. Hmm so many questions and all I can say is buckle up for the ride. Hope this part is okay, and please send all complaints to my partner in crime Mary (ilyme4ever).

Chapter Two

~285 South

The car speed along the highway as the rain continued to pour down. The occupants of the dark blue SUV weren’t so much concern about the rain as they were making it to their destination in time. So much hinged on what they found in Roswell and both knew that if they failed then there would be nowhere that they could hide from Nicholas. While the blonde guy worried about failing and the consequences of that, the young blonde woman in the passenger seat next to him was looking through the file on her lap wondering how much longer it would take to get to Roswell. Looking at the thick file on her lap she opened it up and started sorting through the pictures. She already had an idea as to what the others would look like since she had met their dupes earlier in the year. She shuddered as she remembered the New York group of the Royal Four. The only good thing she could say about them was that they were dead and that she hadn’t been raised with them. They had been coarse, cold blooded, and ignorant of their real place in the scheme of things. Thinking that Nicholas would take them back to Antar they had tried to bargain with him only to learn that he didn’t negotiate with anyone unless they had something he wanted, and even then he still didn’t negotiate. The four had tried to kill him only for it to backfire and soon they were dead and burned beyond recognition only after he had tortured them for days. ‘Oh yeah I’m so glad that I wasn’t part of that batch of royals. Talking about stupid, dumb and dumber didn’t have anything on those four,’ she snorted to herself. Turning her attention back to the pictures she was glad to see that the Roswell gang didn’t have a bunch of tats, piercing, or anything else. In fact they looked to be average, boring and normal people. ‘Hmm either they’re really smart and decided to hide in plain sight or they’re just boring as hell. Either way I shouldn’t have a problem getting them to see things my way.’

She tried to concentrate on the file, but the off-key singing next to her was distracting her. ‘What the hell? If I wanted to hear bad singing I could have stayed home and watched American Idol. Nicholas would send with me the most annoying person he could think of besides himself.’ “Peter! Could you please stop the singing already,” she asked him sweetly.

“Yes ma’am I can, but I won’t. I might be inclined to stop the singing if you kiss me,” he leered at her.

Ready to tell him where to stick that proposal she looked up and saw the sinister look on his face. Deciding that another tactic would work better than the brush-off she moved closer to him and whispered seductively in his ear, “If you stop singing then when we reach Roswell I’ll give you more than a kiss.”

He grinned at her and hit the gas pedal and soon the SUV was speeding faster down the highway. “Well I can’t wait to get to Roswell and get this mission over. Still I do miss singing and I always do it when I’m driving. I mean what’s a road trip without some singing.”

Seeing that she wasn’t paying him any attention he tapped her on the shoulder and asked, “So what’s in the file about the other royals. What have they been doing all these years?”

Barely restraining herself from killing him she briefly considered mindwarping him, but she would need to do that when they stopped. ‘What the hell, I guess I can tell him what’s in the file. It’s not like he’s going to remember anything anyway,’ she smiled happily to herself. “Well the three were raised in Roswell and raised by their adopted parents although their Rath he’s called Michael was emancipated when he was 16. Max and Isabel, that’s Zan and Vilandra, was raised by the same parents. All three graduated from West Roswell High a few years ago and after that they went their separate ways. Hmm Michael went to the University of San Francisco to study art and he’s still there. There’s a side note here that says his grades went up after he got emancipated and he became a stellar student. I guess his grades weren’t that good before he left home.”

“So what about the Vilandra and Zan dupes,” he asked curiously.

“Isabel got a scholarship to Berkeley which is impressive. She’s still there and she’s majoring in sociology with a minor in counseling. I wonder what made her decide to study that. Apparently these three aren’t like their dupes at all. Now let’s see what my Zan has been up to all these years.” She turned several pages until she reached the one bearing his name. Skimming the usual stats about his hair color, height, etc she started reading again, “well he got a scholarship to Yale, but decided to go to Harvard instead. I guess being an evolve species has its perks since all three of them got into good schools. Hmm let’s see what else he’s been doing. He’s pre-med with a minor in political science and he lives off campus with his wi…” she stopped reading in shock at what she saw. ‘No, this can’t be happening to me. There’s no way that my Zan is married and to a human no less,’ she shook her head in denial.

“He lives off campus with his what,” Peter asked.

“Um he lives off campus with only a goldfish. I don’t know why the FBI thought that was important to know,” she shrugged.

“That is weird. Is there anything else in the file that could be useful?”

‘Great he has a wife, but that shouldn’t be a problem. We can’t have children unless the person is genetically a hybrid like us and that only leaves me. I’ll just have to make sure Nicholas doesn’t find out that he’s married to someone.’ Interrupted from her thoughts by Peter’s question she said, “Just some mention of three humans that are associated with them. Apparently the FBI believes that these three know their friends secret so they’ve been keeping a watch on them. I doubt the three poise any threat to us, but we’ll follow them around and see what they know.” Seeing that she wasn’t saying anything else and a little bored he leaned over to turn the radio on. Soon the car was filled with a smoky voice singing about a lost love. Tess leaned back in her seat to get more comfortable and continued going through the file. She picked up a picture of three teenagers standing in a café of some kind. There was one tall guy with dark hair and two girls smiling up at him. One was a blonde with green eyes, but it was the brunette that had her attention. The young woman had long dark hair and brown eyes and she was smiling up at her two friends. Tess glared at the young woman and knew that here was her rival and possibly the one person who could mess up her plans. ‘I’m not going back to Copper Summit empty handed. I’ll have the three royals wrapped around my finger and that will be my way off this planet.’

Roswell, Crashdown Cafe

The six friends had spent the past several hours catching up and now they were trying to figure out what they were going to do now. “So what are we going to do tonight? Maybe we could take in a movie or something,” Maria suggested.

“If we’re going to the movies then there’s no way I’m letting you choose it,” Michael told her.

“What’s wrong with my movie choices? I mean just because there isn’t blood and head cutting off doesn’t mean the movie is going to suck,” she scowled at him.

“It’s better than sitting through a movie where there’s nothing but singing. Last week we went to the movies and I’m thinking we’re going to go see the new Blade movie, but oh no I find myself watching ‘Phantom of the Opera.’ I mean if I have to watch a guy running around with a cape or something, then I don’t see why we couldn’t have just rented ‘Batman.’

“Oh please ‘Batman’ and ‘Phantom of the Opera’ are just alike. I mean think about it both movies have guys in a cape, there’s romance and they save the girl, both guys are isolated from society, and both are good movies,” she argued.

“Yeah well Batman never kicked anyone ass while singing the whole time. Who sings and kicks ass?”

Everyone burst out laughing at Michael’s comment and the look on Maria’s face. “I do believe Michael has brought up a valid point,” Alex snickered. Maria just glared at him which caused him to laugh even more.

“Didn’t they sing on the old Batman show,” Liz asked.

“Hmm I don’t think so. I think they just had the sound effects when they fought,” Max told her.

“Okay moving off the Batman topic what are we going to do,” Isabel asked.

“Well obviously going to the movies isn’t going to work since we’ll only end up arguing over what to watch,” Max said.

“How about we go out dancing?”

Maria perked up, “oh that would be fun. There’s this new club my mom was telling me about. It just opened a few weeks ago, but I hear everyone goes there although maybe I should worry that my mom knows about it.”

Soon the two girls were talking about what to wear until Alex interrupted them. “Um ladies you’re forgetting one thing. Our little expectant mother here can’t go dancing all night with us. We should probably find something we all can do.”

“Oh Liz we’re so sorry. I forgot that you shouldn’t be standing on your feet,” Maria told her while Isabel nodded in agreement.

Liz laughed at their woe is me expressions and said, “I still can dance just not for a long period of time. I mean if you want to go to a club that’s fine. I can always sit down at the table and just chat with Max. My being pregnant shouldn’t stop you guys from having fun.”

“Naw that’s okay. I mean what’s the fun if I can’t get you out on the dance floor,” Alex winked at her. “Besides we’re supposed to be hanging out together and having fun so we’ll just find something we all can do.”

Everyone nodded and chimed in that they would find something else for all of them to do. She smiled at them gratefully and let out a gasp. Holding her stomach with one hand she grabbed Max’s hand and placed it on her stomach. Soon he felt a movement under his hand and smiled at her. The two stared at each other as they felt the life they had created reminded them that she would be joining them soon. They had been through so much and despite the differences that exist between the two of them they knew without a doubt that everything would be alright as long as they had each other and their love.

A coughing noise caught their attention and they reluctantly stopped staring at each other to look at their friends. “You would think that after five years we would be used to them doing that, but I swear each year they only get worst,” Michael groaned.

“Aww Michael you know deep down you’re this big romantic dude,” Alex teased him.

“Ha ha you’re so funny,” Michael rolled his eyes at him.

“So have you two come up with a name yet,” Isabel asked.

“No we’re still trying to find one although if Max had his way we would name her ‘Liz.”

“What? I think it’s a pretty name myself,” Max said.

“Brother dear you would. Now let’s see I might be able to help you out here,” Isabel dug through her purse. Pulling out her palm pilot she took the little pencil and turned it on and scrolls through it. “Okay I made up a list of names and right now I have over twenty names up here.” Max and Michael groaned as soon as they heard that she had a list while everyone looked on in amusement. “I also got the meaning of the names listed right next to it. Do you want to hear what I got so far?”

Liz smiled at her and said, “Sure. Let’s hear what you got.”

Grateful that someone wanted to listen she started reading the names off with everyone making comments on what they like and didn’t like. So far there wasn’t anything both Max and Liz agreed upon while Michael thought they should go with the name Michaela which caused Maria to mumble he wouldn’t be naming any of their kids. Alex told them to go with Virginia and no one wanted to ask him where he got that name from. “Hey wait what were those last two names,” Liz asked Isabel.

“Liana and Ailsa,” Isabel told her. “Liana means bond while Ailsa means beautiful.”

Liz turned to Max, “I like those two as a name. What do you think?”

“Hmm Liana Ailsa Evans,” he muttered. Smiling at her he said, “I think it’s perfect.”

She gently rubbed her stomach and said, “Well I can’t wait for you get here Liana.”

“Well I think this called for a toast. How about cherry cokes and orange sodas around,” Alex asked everyone.

Everyone agreed and Maria got up with Isabel behind her. “Okay we’ll get the drinks while you three try to figure out what we’re going to do. Liz please make sure they don’t suggest anything crazy,” she said.

Isabel and Maria walked over to the soda fountain and got cups and a tray. Filling up the glasses the two chatted with the other waitress as they all waited to get their drink orders. The bell over the door rang signaling that someone else had just walked in the door. More out of habit then anything else Maria looked up to see a well built young man walk in. “Ah hell Kyle would show up just when we’re having fun,” Maria muttered. Narrowing her eyes she kept watch as she saw him look over at the table where Liz was sitting at. While she had been staring at him she missed seeing a young woman come in behind him.

Tess had snuck out of the motel after she had mindwarped Peter into thinking that they were having some extracurricular activity. ‘Yeah that will be the day when I allow him to touch me.’ Having decided that she would be better off checking out the others without him she drove over to the Crashdown since it was listed as their favorite hangout in their teens. Barely catching the door before it closed she walked in behind some tall handsome guy who had stopped dead in his tracks. ‘Why is he stopping? Humans are such weird creatures.’

Moving around him she followed his glance and saw her Zan. He was talking to two guys and hugging on a small brunette next to him. Her eyes hungrily took in his appearance and she saw that he had aged well and looked better in person then the pictures. She started to move forward and stopped as the young woman who had to be his wife got up out of the booth and turned towards them. Tess looked in shock at the sight before her and she felt numb. Suddenly everything started turning black and to her horror she fainted. Kyle having been checking out the petite blonde in front of him noticed that she was swaying on her feet and caught her before she hit the floor.

Everyone in the restaurant stopped to look at them and wondered what was going on. As everyone got up to help Kyle with the young woman a car rolled by the café and stopped in front of it. A window rolled down and a man sat in the back observing the scene before him. He took out a cigarette and someone next to him flick on a lighter for him. Leaning forward he lit his cigarette and the light danced off his dark hair and brown eyes and showed a handsome man who looked to be in his mid thirties. Taking a drag he looked out the window at the Crashdown and was startled out of his thoughts by the man next to him calling his name, “Agent Pierce what do you want us to do now?”

“We’ll watch them for now, but at the first opportunity we’re taking them all in. Call the base and let them know to prepare rooms for our guests and to have everything ready,” Agent Pierce told them.

TBC
vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell so please don’t sue me. Umm can I have Nick please?

Rating: MATURE for language, violence, and adult situations

Summary: Post Sexual Healing. Please see previous chapters as I’m too lazy to type it over.

AN: Thanks for the awesome feedback everyone. *blushes* I feel love I do. As always send all complaints to Mary (Ilyme4Ever) as this is all her idea and I’m the shmuck just writing this. Also Beautiful86 are you related to Mary? LOL Your feedback cracked me up. *passes Kleenex and chocolate* Um yeah you’re going to need this so now onto the story. *runs off to hide*

Chapter 3

She opened her eyes only to see small black spots dancing before her and with a groan she closed her eyes again. ‘Ugh what the hell happened to me?’ Opening her eyes again the black spots still danced in front of her, but determine to get up she started sitting up only to have someone push her back down on what she assumed was a couch.

“Hey don’t get up just yet,” a masculine voice commanded her. Never one to take orders from anyone she opened her mouth to say something when she felt the person lean over her and placed something cool on her forehead. “Now you’re probably seeing black spots and feeling a little dizzy, but it should disappear soon. I know you’re wondering how I know this, but you’re in capable hands as I’m majoring in pre-med. It’s a good thing you woke up when you did because Maria went to get some smelling salts and man does that stuff burns the nose. Um yeah don’t ask me how I know,” he chuckled as he adjusted the cloth on her forehead.

‘This has to be my Zan or Max Evans as he calls himself. Aww he’s taking such good care of me. I could stay like this all day, but I got to get back before Peter wakes up to find me. Damn Nicholas for sending that idiot with me, but he’ll get his soon. Still now is as good of an opportunity to make Max remember who he is,’ she smiled happily to herself. Lifting her arms up, she wrapped them around his neck and pulled him down to her and leaned up and kissed him. He was startled at first, but soon he was kissing her back just as eagerly as she was kissing him. The two were so busy kissing that they didn’t hear the door open behind them and Isabel and Maria walked in and stopped in their tracks at the sight before them.

“Well gee I didn’t know they taught CPR as a way to help someone that just fainted,” Maria said with amusement.

The couple on the couch pulled back in shock at the interruption and Tess opened her eyes ready to glare at the new arrivals when she caught sight of the guy she had been kissing. The guy in front of her had dark blonde hair and blue eyes and was not Max Evans. Narrowing her eyes at him she scrambled back on the couch, “who the hell are you, and why were you kissing me?”

He smiled roguishly at her and held his hand out, “I’m Kyle Valenti and it’s a pleasure to meet you. As for the kissing well you kind of threw yourself at me, so I just went with the moment there.”

“Threw myself at you? I did no such thing! I thought you were someone else,” she argued.

“Yeah well I can be whoever you want me to be if you keep kissing me like that,” he winked at her.

She gasped and moved to stand up, but he halted her. “Hey you still need to sit down until you get yourself together. I don’t want you to pass out again.”

Maria seeing an argument about to happen stepped in front of them. “Kyle you haven’t changed much since high school I see.”

“Hey! What’s that supposed to mean,” he glared at her.

“Oh I’ll tell you what that’s supposed mean,” Maria glared right back.

Isabel elbowed Maria in the side gently and turned to the woman sitting on the couch. “Hi I’m Isabel Evans and the crazy blonde next to me is Maria Deluca. Are you feeling better?”

“I’m Tess Harding and it’s nice to meet you and um your crazy friend. Yes I’m feeling better and thanks for asking,” she smiled at her.

“Hey I’m not crazy,” Maria sputtered.

“Yeah you keep telling yourself that,” Kyle muttered behind his hand.

“What did you say Valenti?”

He looked at her innocently and stood up. “I said I could go for some fries right now and maybe a Will Smith burger.” Turning back to Tess he held his hand out to help her up. She ignored his hand and stood up on her own and with a toss of her hair she moved away from him. Shrugging he stuck his hand in his pocket and looked at the three girls. “Please tell me the grill is still open,” he asked Isabel.

“It closed about five minutes ago, but maybe Liz could get her dad to open it back up,” Isabel told him.

The door swung open and Max, Michael, Alex and Liz came into the room. Kyle rushed over to Liz and grabbed her hand, “please say you can get your dad to open the grill again. I’ll pay extra for it but just don’t send me home to eat another tv dinner.”

Liz laughed at him, “the tv dinner can’t be that bad.”

“Have you ever had a tv dinner? Everything tastes the same which means it all tastes like glue. Now come on and be a friend and open the grill for me,” he pleaded.

Max moved next to Liz and wrapped his arms around her waist with his hands settling where their child rested. He nodded at Kyle and Kyle nodded back at him. While the two weren’t exactly best friends they had come to a truce of sorts after the debacle at prom. A drunk Kyle still pissed off that Liz had dumped him for Max had tried to convince Liz that he was the guy for her. Unfortunately the plan hadn’t work and he blamed Max and started a fight with him. Liz had yelled at the two of them and both feeling guilty that they had ruined her night decided to come to a truce which strangely enough had held all these years.

Liz patted Max’s hand and moved out of his embrace. Looking at the woman who had fainted earlier she smiled at her. “Hi I’m Liz Parker-Evans and this is my husband Max.” She pointed to the others and made the rest of the introductions. “Are you feeling better?”

“Tess Harding, and yeah I’m feeling a little embarrass but definitely better” she smiled back at her. ‘How can she be pregnant with his baby? It’s not possible, but no matter that baby will be mine.’

“Well as long as you’re feeling better then that’s all that matter,” Liz told her before turning to Kyle. “Jose was cleaning the grill when I came in so I don’t think my dad is going to open it back up. How about you join us for dinner? We decided to order Chinese food from Senor Chow before everything happened.”

“Oh cool that would be great. Anything would be better then the evil tv dinner,” he sighed dramatically.

“Hey Tess, why don’t you join us too?”

Coming out of her thoughts she saw everyone staring at her, “oh I’m sorry were you talking to me? My mind was wandering. Um you said something about dinner right?”

“It’s okay. I just wanted to know if you wanted to join us for dinner,” Liz told her.

“Sure that would be great. I haven’t eaten all day which is probably why I fainted.”

“Great! Now what do you guys want to order? I have this craving for something spicy and sweet and the hotter the better,” she smiled as Max kissed the top of her head.

“Sweetheart you’re always hungry,” he teased her.

“Oh sure make fun of the fat pregnant lady,” she sniffed.

“You’re not fat. I was just teasing you is all,” he tugged her around to face him. He leaned down and kissed her pout away while the girls went aww and the guys groaned.

“Come on already. You guys are always making out every second. It’s a miracle the two of you don’t have five kids by now,” Michael snorted. Maria elbowed him in the sides and he looked at her with a scowl, “why did you elbow me? I didn’t say anything wrong.”

She just shook her head at him and rolled her eyes, “men. Anyway let’s go clear some space up for us to dance. Since we can’t go to a club we can bring the club here. Hmm what kind of music do we want to listen to? I got some cds in the car and I can go back to mom’s house and get some more.”

The girls started walking out the backroom chattering on about what music to play while the guys just stared at them. “Did she say dancing,” Michael groaned.

Alex patted him on the shoulders, “yup you better get out those dancing shoes cause Maria is going to get you out on the dance floor.”

Michael groaned even more while Alex laughed at his sad expression.

“You’ve been with Maria for what about five years and you’re still not used to her dragging you out dancing,” Kyle asked. Before Michael replied, he said, “No wait its Maria so never mind. I feel for you man I do. Thank Buddha it’s not me.”

“Hey! That’s my fiancé you’re talking about,” Michael glared at him. He took a step towards him only for Kyle to back up and hold up his hands, “I didn’t mean anything about it. Can’t you take a joke Guerin?”

“So when are you and Maria going to get married,” Alex asked trying to distract Michael from killing Kyle.

Giving Kyle one more glare he gave his attention to Alex. “I don’t know when we’re getting married. She said something about this summer, but then she keeps changing her mind so I don’t know. If I didn’t know any better I’d say she didn’t want to get married, but she got like a million wedding magazines laying around the apartment so who knows.” He brushed his fingers through his hair, “so what about you and Iz. Going to get hitch anytime soon?”

“I’m never sure when it’s the right time. I bought the ring and all, but the timing never seems right. Maybe after we graduate then I’ll propose. Right now we’re still trying to get use to living together and all that it entitles.”

“I would love to know how you and Iz convince my dad to allow the two of you to live together,” Max shook his head.

“It took skills young grasshopper. That and your mom helped us out by talking to him.”

The door swung open and the guys turn to see Tess coming in. Ignoring Kyle’s smile she walked over to Max and placed her hand on his arm and said, “Well we’re all set up out there and the food is on its way.”

“Okay great we’re coming,” he told her.

She smiled at him again and slowly slides her hand down his arm before removing it. Turning away she walked back out the door as the guys watched her.

“That girl has nothing but trouble written on her,” Michael told them.

“Oh that’s my kind of woman,” Kyle sighed.

“You mean the kind that turns you down,” Alex snickered.

“She wants me. She just doesn’t know it yet,” he told him.

“Uh huh. You keep telling yourself that.”

“There’s something about her. She seems familiar as if I should know her,” Max frowned.

“Well whatever it is you better forget it otherwise Maria will go medievil on your ass not to mention Isabel,” Michael shook his head. The guys shuddered as they imagine that sight.

“Guys! Stop talking and get your asses out here. Don’t make me come back there,” Maria yelled.

“Coming!” All four of them yelled as they started towards the door.

Entering the restaurant they saw that all the customers were gone and that the girls had pushed a few tables together. A couple of candles were in the middle of the table with paper plates and plastic utensils and glasses of soda. On the counter was a black radio with a CD player and music played quietly as the girls were sitting at the table chattering. While the others went to go sit down Michael scowled at the radio, “Maria what the hell is that playing?”

“Music otherwise known as ‘Beautiful Soul’ by Jesse McCartney,” she told him.

“That’s not music. Metallica is music. This I don’t know what this is.”

Narrowing her eyes at him and she got up when she saw him start going through the cds. Soon the two were arguing over cds as the others watch and laughed at them. “Come on already and pick a song. I want to get on the floor and show off my moves,” Alex joked.

They turned to look at him and turned back to the cds. Putting their heads together they agreed on a certain cd. Alex seeing the two whispering said, “Uh oh that’s not good at all. You know something is wrong when they get quiet.”

Suddenly the music stop and a minute later a train whistle was heard as the new song played, “come on ride that train and ride it.”

Everyone started laughing as Alex groaned and covered his face. Tess not sure what was going on asked, “what’s wrong with this song?”

“It’s the song Alex stripped to for Isabel’s eighteen birthday. It never pays to mess with Maria and Michael over music,” Liz laughed.

“A person strips one time and people never let you forget it,” Alex muttered behind his hands.

The others kept laughing while Isabel tried to tell him it was okay only to start laughing again.

“There I was stripping in front of everyone and I turn around only to see Isabel’s mom looking at me. Do you know how embarrassing it is to flash your girlfriend’s mother,” he groaned.

They all started laughing again at that and he just groaned some more while Maria teased that she had some single bills if he wanted to get up and shake it.

“You know I could really go for some Reese pieces right about now. Do you think we could go to the store and get some,” Liz asked Max.

Shaking his head he got up and moved to help her up, “you would think I would have some handy on me after the last three am craving for them.”

“Well I had an extra one, but someone ate it saying something about the sugar police,” she stared pointedly at him.

“I needed something to snack on for my last final,” he grinned at her. She laughed and shook her head.

“Okay we’ll be back in time for the food and please save me something to eat,” she told them.

“You sure you don’t want to stay here and get some rest,” Max asked concern.

“No I’m fine besides I don’t trust you with my candy,” she teased him.

He grabbed her hand and they said their goodbyes as they headed out the door.

Reaching the car they stopped and he wrapped her in his arms. The two stood quietly and he played with her hair. “As much as I love our friends it’s nice to have some alone time,” he told her.

“Yeah I know what you mean, but it’s still good to see them.”

“True. I guess we better go before the store closes,” he leaned down and kissed her.

They continued kissing unaware of the black sedan taking pictures of them across the street. Pulling away reluctantly he touched his forehead against hers and said with a smile, “we’re going have to finish that later. Of course we’re going have to get rid of our friends, but I’m all for that.”

Laughing she hit him playfully on the chest and he opened the passenger door and helped her in. Getting in he started the car and drove off and the black sedan started following them a few seconds later.

*************meanwhile

~Eagle Rock Base

He strode down the hallway and stopped at a large steel door. Moving to the right of the door he placed his hand on the scan in front of him and waited for the computer to give him clearance to the room. A few minutes later the computer beeped and the door opened slowly. Entering the room he heard someone sobbing and turned to find the source. There in the corner curled in a fetus position and rocking back and forth was a woman. She raised her head and when she saw who was standing in front of her she shrieked and scooted back away from him.

“Well look at the once sophisticated Congresswoman Whitaker. Your hair is a mess and you’re looking a little pale,” he smiled at her.

“You bawtard,” she slurred.

“Aww the drugs are infecting your speech. How cute I’m sure, but I’m here for a reason. I need to know more about your species.”

“I’m not telling you anything. You used me for information and you think I’m giving you anymore then you really are a fool.”

“I really didn’t want have to do this the hard way, but you really don’t leave me any choice.”

He snapped his fingers and people started coming in the room pushing carts and he bent down in front of her. “Are you sure you don’t want to change your mind?”

Raising her head she sneered at him, “you’re going to pay for this. Wait until my brother finds out what you did.”

Smiling he leaned to whisper in her ear, “If I were you I would ask myself who told me about you.” Standing up he left the room and whistled cheerfully as he heard the screams that came out of the room. A phone rang and he reached in his coat pocket and pulled out his cell phone. Answering he barked, “This is Pierce. What do you have for me?”

“Sir the suspects Max Evans and his wife have left the Crashdown and are now driving,” the voice said.

“Perfect. This is the chance I’ve been waiting for. I want you to follow them and at the first chance I want you to capture them.”

“Yes sir. I’ll report back to you when we have them in custody.”

“Good,” he turned his cell off and put it away with a smile. “Ah life is about to get interesting around here. I better go check the rooms to make sure that everything is ready for my guests.”
vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

Title: It Only Took A Minute

Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell so please don't sue.

Coupling: M/L

Summary: Post-Sexual Healing. Please look at previous chapters for more detail summary.

AN: Thanks for all the awesome feedback. Now we're going to get the angsty part of the story and someone asked if this story was dreamer insured. *passes out dreamer cards* Alright hold onto these since you're going to need them. *hands out tissue and chocolate* Um yeah take these too. As always send all complaints to my partner in crime Mary aka ilyme4ever since this was all her idea. *runs for the hills* Also this story will be updated once a week on Mondays only since I have a couple of other stories I'm trying to complete. *goes back to running*

Chapter 4

~Crashdown

They sat at the table stuff with food and were now teasing each other about their fortune cookies. "Hey my fortune cookie says I'm going to meet a tall, dark stranger," Maria read.

"Oh please do you honestly believe that junk," Michael snorted.

"Michael you don't have to believe in the power of the fortune cookie, but I'm telling you that sometimes things just happen," she nodded.

"Uh huh sure they do and I'm the Queen of England," he muttered.

Standing up she started gathering food, "well your highness you can help put this food up. I'm not sure when Liz and Max will be back and I don't want the food to go bad."

"Hey Chinese food never goes bad. Why I remember this one time I had some moo shu in the fridge for about a week and Iz thought it wouldn't be any good, but it was," Alex told her as he got up to help.

Isabel shook her head at her boyfriend and got up to help as well. "Yeah you ate it alright, but if memory serves me right I had to take you to the emergency room later that night for food poision."

"Well it was still good, but it just didn't agree with my stomach is all," he joked.

Everyone laughed and groaned at the bad joke. Tess stood up to help and Maria shooed her back in her seat. "Nope you sit down with Kyle here and the four of us will handle the clean up. You two just sit here and chat for awhile okay."

"Are you sure? I mean I did help eat everything," Tess protested.

"Nope we're fine, but maybe you can find something for us to dance to," Maria told her.

Michael opened his mouth to protest, but she elbowed him in the side and motioned for him to get into the kitchen. Grumbling under his breath he gathered the dirty dishes and muttered something about having his old job back again. Alex hearing him started laughing, but stopped when Isabel elbowed him. Still grinning he gathered the food up and headed towards the kitchen with the others.

Tess got up and went to look through the cds determine to help in some way. Tonight hadn't been so bad since she got to chat with Isabel and Michael and get to know them more. Alex and Maria weren't so bad for humans and she found that she really did have a good time. The only downside to the whole thing was that she didn't get to spend any time with Max, but she wasn't worried about it since she still had made some progress with the others. Finding a cd that she had herself she placed it in the radio and pressed play. A guitar riff filled the air and a deep bartione voice started singing, "you know it ain't easy for these thoughts to leave me and words to describe them."

She turned around to go sit down and found Kyle standing behind her. Startled she gasped, "are you trying to give me a heart attack or something."

"Nope. I was just wondering what you're playing so I came to look over at the cd," he grinned at her.

"Oh. Well the name of this song is called "Sideways" and it's by Carlos Santana featuring Citizen Cope. It's one of my favorite songs."

"It's not the usual type of music I listen to but I like it. You want to dance since we're standing here and not doing anything," he tried to look innocent.

Laughing she looked at him and shrugged after a minute. "Sure since we're standing here and all."

He gave a little bow that made her laugh more and offered his hand. Taking his hand the two started dancing and didn't say much. While they danced the others were peeking out the kitchen door and were smiling. Moving away from the door Maria clapped her hands and said with glee, "I knew we could find someone for Kyle. We just have to make sure he doesn't mess it up is all."

"And the reason we're trying to hook Kyle hook is what again? I'm a little lost on why we're looking for girlfriend for him," Michael leaned against the sink.

"So he can finally stop moping over Liz. I mean it was getting kind of sad there," Maria told him.

"The woman's pregnant and has been married for three years. How much unrequisted love can he have," Alex quipped.

"Alex I thought I taught you better than that," Maria threw a towel at him. "Are Liz and I going have to retrain you again? Because I thought Isabel keeping you out of trouble."

"Hey I'm always out of trouble. I'm an angel compared to Michael here," he moved out of the way as Michael lurched for him.

"That's it. You're a dead man Whitman," Michael told him as he tried to get Alex.

"Now Michael violence never solved anything," Alex laughed as he dodged Michael. "I always knew that dodgeball training was going to come in handy one day."

Maria shooked her head at the two of them and turned to Isabel who had been quite the whole time. She gasped as she saw her friend's face so pale. "Iz what's wrong? Are you okay?"

Gasping Isabel blinked her eyes and turned to the others and said, "something's wrong with Max and Liz. I think they're in trouble and they need our help."

Everyone stopped and looked at her. "What do you mean they're in trouble," Michael demanded.

"I just felt Liana try to contact me. I'm not sure if it was her but I felt a cry for help in my mind just now and I know something is wrong," she told him.

"Okay let's not panic people. Let's just call them on their cell phones and we'll fine out," Alex told them while putting out his phone. Before he could dial the phone on the wall rang. Everyone turned to look at it and finally Isabel walked over to it and answered, "Crashdown. How may I help you?"

She listened for a minute and finally hung up. Turning to the others she said , "that was the sheriff. We need to go right now."

*music plays on radio*

Liz curls in her seat and watches the rain hit the window as the car speeds down the street. The first store they had went to turned out be closed, so they were on their way to the all night store close to the old highway. Okay driving out this far for a Reese Pieces did seem to be completely insane, but she really did have a craving for it plus she was enjoying the quiet time between her and Max. Gently patting her stomach she knew in a few weeks soon there wouldn't be too much peace and quiet although she wouldn't trade it for the world, she thought with a smile. Sighing she leaned forward to change the radio station and finally found a station that was playing something that wasn't pop. Leaning back in her seat she sat quietly for a few minutes until it got too much for her. "Max do you really think we can do this?"

Humming along with the radio he briefly glanced at her and smiled inward as he took in her serious look. "Can we do what? Do you mean find a store with Reese Pieces Cup this time of night or do you mean raise a baby by ourselves?"

At her silence he turned to her and said, "Seriously why don't you tell me what's going on with you. I know you're worried that with school and work that we wouldn't be able to take care of the baby, but there's a lot of people that get by raising kids single handly while attending school or working or heck even both. Plus it's May and school has ended and we don't have to go back to Boston until August so we'll have plenty of time to figure it all out. Don't worry so much you just got to believe that we can do this."

"How can you be so calm? How can you sit there and just say that everything is going to be fine? I mean we're 21 years old and we don't know the first thing about raising children especially hybrids, and we don't even have our degrees yet. I mean we have to be realistic for once and maybe the best thing to do would be to move back home so we can have some help."

"Liz where is all this coming from? For the past few weeks you have been freaking out more and more about the baby. Now I really want to know what's going on with you. Is there something wrong with the baby that I don't know about? Last time I scan you she seemed to be fine and healthy."

Tears welded up in her eyes and turned to lookout her window. "It's that lately it seems as something is going happen. I'm not sure what but something bad is going to happen I just know it. Everything has been perfect for the past few years and it's like I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop. I mean happy ever after only happen in the fairy tales and I know ours is going to end soon."

"Are you having premonitions again," he asked worriedly. A soon as Liz had become pregnant she had started having premonitions and last week he had found out that she could manipulate molecular structure. For some reason she had started getting powers and they weren't sure if it was because of the baby or if the baby had somehow jump started powers that had been there because of Max's healing. None of them were sure about it, but they could only wait to see what happened after the baby was born.

She sniffed and turned back to him, "no I haven't had any premonitions, but it's like everything in me is screaming that something is off. Maybe it's just the hormones talking or something or all that spicy food getting to me. I'll be okay I guess I'm just more tired then I thought. Maybe we should forget about the candy and just head back home."

Coming to a red light he braked and looked at her. "Hey if you say something is wrong then there has to be a reason to it. We'll tell the others to keep an eye out for anything unusual okay. Now Mrs. Parker-Evans I really must insist on getting that Reese Piece as I know little Liana there is going to want one around 2 a.m." She started laughing and he grinned at her, "you know it's true. I'm glad that you're laughing, but you weren't the one out at 2 am last week buying candy in Spongebob pajamas. I think I gave Mrs. James across the street was eyeing me when I got out the car."

"Mrs. James is 82 years old and I doubt she was checking you out. She was probably wondering why you were out in your pajamas."

"Uh huh, but if I don't come home one day then it's because she kidnap me to have her way with."

Rolling her eyes at him she hit in the shoulder and said, "well when she does tell her I said to treat you well. Now you better pay attention as the light is about to change colors."

He pouted at her, "I feel unlove I do, but that's okay since I still love you." She just shook her head at him and placed her hands on her stomach as she felt a little foot kicking her. "Hmm I guess someone is wide awake and ready to play. What are you doing in there sweetie? Are you playing with your little feet? Oh I can't wait to hold you in my arms and I know your father can't wait either."

"I sure can't wait to hold her," he smiled and took his foot off the brake and hit the gas as the light turned green. Reaching over he grasped Liz's left hand and squeezed it and a second later lights blinded them as a car was coming towards them from the opposite direction and Max tried to swerve the car out of the way, but it was too late. A second later the car hit them causing their car to spin around and finally slide into a light pole on the other side of the street. The last thing Max heard was Liz screaming his name and soon darkness overcame him despite his struggle.

The occupants of the other car got out unharmed and made their way towards the crushed Honda. The car that had been driving behind it had stopped and the men in the dark sedan got out as well and walked over to the smashed car. All four were dressed in dark suites and were smiling at the crashed vehicle. One of the men took off his shades and pulled out his cell phone and dialed a familiar number. "Agent Pierce, this is Agent Lee. We have the two in custody and both are unconscious. We'll be returning to base in a few minutes." He stopped talking and waited to hear Agent Pierce's reply and he nodded and said a quick goodbye and hung up. Turning back to the other three men he told them, "we have our orders. We need to get them out of here and dumped the car somewhere."

Before they could do anything a car was coming their way and it stopped a few feet away from the accident. An elder gentleman got of the car and hurried over to the scene. "Hey what happened her? Are the people in the car okay? I've got my first aid kit in the trunk just let me rush over and get it."

Agent Lee held up his hand and wave for the man to stop speaking. Pulling out his wallet he flashed his ID and told him, "I'm Agent Lee of the FBI. You need to leave this scene and forget you've ever seen it. We're handling this situation and you don't need to worry about it."

"But I've already called for an ambulance and the sheriff's department. Also what do you mean I need to forget this accident? What's going on here?"

"Shit he's already called the local authorities. We don't have much time," one of the men reminded Agent Lee.

"Yeah I know," he told him. Turning back to the elder man he told him, "hope you got your will all done." Pulling out his gun he shot the startled man in head and put his gun away. "Well we really need to get out of here now. I don't want to be around when the sheriff arrives and explain this." The four men rushed back over to the wreck only to see Max waking up and screaming for Liz. One agent tried to open the driver side only to find that it wouldn't open while Agent Lee opened the passenager side after a few attempts. Bending over he was shocked to see her stomache glowing and looked on the floor to see some kind of fluid that was glowing an eeire blue. "Does this night just gets worst or what? Well at least Pierce will happy since it seems she's gone into labor." He reached in and unbuckled her seatbelt and lifted her out of the seat. A groan came from Max as he tried to sit up and check up on Liz. Blinking his eyes he tried to get rid of the fuzzyness that seemed to be clouding his vision and his mind. "Liz!! Honey are you okay?" He looked over to her side to see a man pulling Liz out of her seat and saw that her stomache was glowing and that a small handprint had appeared. "Hey where are you going on my wife?! You need to get me out of here so I can help her," he told the stranger. The man smirked at him, "oh don't worry where I'm taking her she'll get all the best medical attention that's out there."

The man disappeared and Max tried to get out of his seat belt when something hit him on the back of the head and his last thoughts were, 'she's having the baby. What did he mean the best medical attention?'

A siren could be heard as the four men rushed to the cars and after putting Liz in the car that hadn't been part of the accident the two cars took off long before the ambulance and sheriff arrived.
Last edited by vegas312 on Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

Title: It Only Took A Minute

Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell although I wouldn't mind having Colin. *drools*

Rating: MATURE for language, violence, adult situations

Summary: Post Sexual Healing. Please read earlier chapters for more details

AN: Sorry I'm late posting, but I went to a concert last night and I didn't have time to finish up the chapter. :( Anyway here's the new part and always thanks for the feedback. Keeping it coming people. :)

I'll be back next monday to update again. Oh yeah as ususal please send all complaints to Mary (Ilyme4Ever) as this is all her idea and I'm just writing it. *nods head and backs away quietly*

Chapter 5

"That was the sheriff. We need to go right now."

The words rang in their ears and they could only look in disbelief and fear at Isabel. Finally coming to her senses Maria asked, "what happened?"

"Max and Liz were involved in a car accident and we need to get down there since Max is hurt and they might try to take a blood sample," she told her.

"What about Liz? And what about the baby," Alex asked.

"He didn't mentioned them only that we needed to inform the Parkers what happened, and that Max was hurt and refusing help," she started towards the door.

"Yeah I can see why he would refuse to get him. Now who's going to tell Mr. and Mrs. P that there was a car accident," Maria looked at the others questioningly.

"Well Alex has to go there in case we need to switch blood and Iz has to call her parents, and I might be needed for a distraction again. I guess you're going have to do it," Michael told her. "I'm going to need the keys to the car since Maxwell and Liz might need to ride back with one of us." He held out his hand towards her waiting for the keys and she shook her head at him.

"No way am I staying here while my best friend could be hurt, and you're so not getting the keys to the car. I've seen the way you drive and let me tell you it's not any trip in the park."

"The two of you need to figure this out and while you do that Alex and I are leaving," Isabel grabbed hold of Alex's hand and dragged him out the door.

Michael crossed his arms across his chest and sighed, "okay how about this. Valenti is still out there with that chick Tess, so how about we get him to tell the Parkers what happened while we go check on Liz and Max."

"I don't know Michael. I think they should hear it from one of us, but we don't know if all us will be needed. I guess it wouldn't hurt for Kyle to be the one to tell them. I just hope that they'll be so happy that Liz and the baby are fine that they won't scold at me for not being here." Having made her decision she nodded and started walking towards the door. "Oh yeah I'm driving by the way so get that idea out of your mind," she told him over her shoulder.

Left alone in the kitchen he looked up at the ceiling and shook his head. "Michael if you want to ride with me then you better come on," she yelled.

A grin briefly covered his face and he went out to the dining room to fine Maria talking to Kyle and Tess. "So you see all four of us have to go and check on them. I just need you to tell the Parkers where we went and that we'll be back as soon as possibe, and that they shouldn't worry."

Before Kyle could say anything she leaned over and kissed him on the cheek and straighten back up. Grabbing hold of Michael she said, "thanks again Kyle, and Tess it was nice meeting you." The two were soon out the door while Kyle and Tess looked at them in a daze. Tess shook her head and asked him, "so did you get all of that or what?"

"Yeah I think I got most of what she said. I just hope that Liz and Max are okay. I guess we better go tell the Parkers what's going on," he slide out the booth and stretch. "God I can't believe the two of them were in a car accident though. I mean they're the most cautious people that I've ever met. It had to be the other driver's fault that there was an accident."

Tess slide out of the booth and shook her head. "Well I guess I better be off as I'm sure it's going to be busy in a few with everyone coming back. Will you tell everyone I said thanks for the lovely night and I'm sorry about the accident?"

"Wait you're just going to leave me to do this alone?"

"Um yeah since I don't know the Parkers and I'm not really good with the whole comforting thing," she shrugged.

"Lady do you have ice water in your veins or what? It doesn't matter if you don't know the Parkers or not. Besides I've could have sworn I heard Maria said that the two of us tell them and if you think I'm any better at the whole consconcle thing then you're really mistaken."

She frowned at him, "I don't remember her saying that, and you're ice water crack really makes me want to stay and help you. Not. Look I'm sure you can do this without me."

"Okay I'm sorry about the whole ice water crack since I can honestly said that I don't know you. Now will you please help me with this. I don't want to go up there alone and tell them bad news," he pleaded.

She looked at the blue eyes pleading with her and sighed. 'Well I guess I could stay and help him out. Plus this way I can find out what happened to Max and his little human. Still I really need to get back to check on Peter. I'm sure the mindwarp has worn off and who knows what that idiot is doing. What to do what to do.' Coming to a decision she smiled at Kyle, "okay I'll help the best I can, but don't forget that I'd warned you that I'm no good with this type of stuff."

"Oh thank Buddha," he smiled relieved to have her help. He reached down and grabbed her hand. She stiffened and slightly relax after a minute. "After we tell them I'll call my dad and see what's going on at the accident."

"Your dad?"

Walking through the kitchen door he lead her up the stairs towards the apartment and told her, "yeah my dad is the sheriff."

"Now that I wouldn't have expected," she told him.

"What you don't believe that I'm a law biding citizen? I'll have you know that I had briefly consider becoming a deputy," he grinned at her.

She just shook her head at him and all too soon they stopped at a door.

Raising his hand he took a deep breath and knocked on the door. "Here's goes nothing."

Sensing his nervousness she squeezed his hand and said, "you're probably worrying over nothing."

"I hope so."

Isabel looked out the rear window of the car for what seemed like the millionth time and nodded her head when she saw Maria's car behind them. Turning back around she sighed and clasped her hands together in her lap. "Do you think the accident was really bad? I mean what if Valenti didn't tell us what really happened. What if Max is dead and I wasn't there to help him? Oh God what if something has happened to Liz or Liana?"

"Isabel stop. You're going to make yourself sick thinking about it. We won't know what happened until we get there. Besides if Liz or Liana were hurt then Max will heal them in a jiffy so calm down," Alex told her soothingly.

"Yeah you're right, but I can't help to worry. You didn't feel what I felt in the kitchen. It was as Liana was screaming in my head that something was wrong and that we had to get to them as soon as possible. What if we're too late?"

"We're not too late. We don't know what has happened, but we got to believe that all is well. The six of has been through so much, but you got to remember that we got through it. If something has happened then we'll get through it with each other help."

She smiled at him, "you always know what to say to make me feel better. I don't know how you remain so calm throughout all our adventures."

"Oh believe me when I say I'm shaking inside besides after spending one night in jail I don't think anything else can really faze me," he teased.

"You jailbird you," she laughed. "Thank you."

"For what? I haven't done anything," he told her.

"You kept my mind from thinking about it for a little while so thank you."

"Hey that's what I'm here for. Besides I like to think when I get all paranoid you help me remember that I need to calm down."

She laughed and they grew quiet as they came upon the old highway and saw that it was blocked by police barriers. Moving the car over to the side Alex parked and the two got out of the car and waited for the others to catch up. Soon they were join by Michael and Maria and the four headed towards the scene. Walking up to the barriers they were stopped by a young police officer who tried to steer them back to their cars. After a brief explanation as to why they had to see the sheriff and the people involve in the accident he allowed them through the barriers. Isabel soon sighted Max sitting on a gurney arguing with a paramedic. She broke out into a run with Maria right behind her. The two reached the gurney together and both screeched his name before throwing their selves at him. The guys came up behind them and waited for the girls to stop hugging Max. Finally seeing that Max was in pain the guys took pity on him and drag the two off him.

"Oh my God, Max what happened to you," Isabel asked.

"Where's Liz? Did they have to take her to the hospital," Maria looked around anxiously for her friend.

"Excuse me but we really need to take you to the hospital and get that wound on the back on your head checked," the paramedic interrupted.

"I told you I'm not going to the damn hospital so stop asking me," Max shouted at him.

"Fine don't go to the hospital but you better have someone keeping an eye on you throughout the night. Just sign this paper here and I'll leave you alone," he shove a clipboard and pen at Max.

Max didn't even glanced at the paper just signed it and gave it back to him. The four glanced uneasily at the sight of Max's temper and wondered what was going on with their friend. The paramedics shook his head and started loading his equipment back into the ambulance. Max turned back to his friends and everyone looked in shock at the raw look in his eyes.

"They took her," he said quietly.

"They took who," Maria asked.

"They took Liz and all I could do was lay there and watch," he said bitterly. "All I could do was watch as they took my wife and child away."

"Who took Liz? Max what are you talking about," Isabel asked not wanting to believe what she was hearing.

"That's what I would like to know," a voice interrupted them. Everyone but Max looked behind them and saw Sheriff Valenti.

"Good evening. I'd figured if I call one of you all of you would show up," he nodded his head and took his hat off.

"Sheriff where is our friend? Is she okay," Maria moved to stand in front of him.

"I'm sorry to say I don't know where she is and Mr. Evans here doesn't seem to have a clue where she is. I wasn't even sure she was with him in the accident until I saw some water on the floor of the passenger side."

"Water? What's so important about water," Michael crossed his arms defensively.

"It's important because it colloborates Max's story there that she was going in labor and that she was in the car with him."

Hearing his words the girls gasped and grabbed onto each other for support desperately praying that all would be well with their friend.

"Why would you think he was lying, and shouldn't you be out there looking for our friend," Alex asked.

"Well we have a search going on as we speak and most of the main roads going out of town have police barriers set up at them. As for Max's lying I'm not saying he is, I'm just saying that this accident is weird," he fingered the rim of his hat before putting it back on.

"Weird how and what does that have to do with Liz's disapperance," Michael demanded.

"I'm sorry Mr. Guerin but I can't tell you the facts in this case since I don't want anything to leak to the media."

"The media? Do I look like the fucking media to you? I just want to know where my friend is at," Michael started to leap towards him determine to get an answer, but Alex moved in front of him and held him back.

"Michael don't do it. We can't afford for you to get arrested for assaulting the sheriff. Plus right now Maria really needs you to be there for her," he pointed towards Maria and Isabel who were hugging onto each tightly as if afraid that the other would disappear.

Michael nodded his head and walked over towards his girlfriend and his sister. He gathered both girls in his arms and tried to sooth them. "Isn't there anything you can tell us," Alex pleaded with the sheriff.

"I'm sorry son. I only know what Max here has told me and that's not much. Maybe if you can get him to talk to me I can help you."

Max got off the gurney and dropped the ice bag he had been holding on his head on it. "If you find something please contact me at the Crashdown," he coldly inform Valenti.

The two locked eyes and Valenti nodded his head, "I'll be by in a few to talk to the Parkers about Liz. Also don't go leave town anytime soon since I got a few questions for you."

Max just nodded at him and waited until he left before turning to his friends. "We need to go and regroup. I don't know how much time we have before Liz gives birth, but I'll be damn before those bastards to get my hands on my daughter."

"Maxwell what the hell are you saying? Do you know who has Liz," Michael asked. He still couldn't believe his friend was being so calm about Liz's disappearance, but on a closer look he saw the way Max was clenching his hands in a fist and the wild look in his eyes. His friend was barely holding it together and he worried that more bad news would send him over the edge.

"Max do you know who took Liz," Maria moved out of Michael's grasp and stood in front of Max.

"It was the FBI. The guy who took her was wearing a dark suit and white shirt. He had that whole fed look about him."

The others stood in shock at what he had just told them. Maria broke down sobbing and Max gathered her in arms and tried to soothe her. "It's okay. We're going to get her back to us unharmed, or there will be hell to pay," he whispered to her.

"Max how can you be so calm about this? We don't have any idea as to where she could be at," Isabel tried to blink the tears back.

"I just know that we are. I can't believe otherwise. I just can't," he paused as he felt a sob coming on. Knowing he couldn't afford to break down he took a deep breath and finally got himself back under control. "We need to go back to the Crashdown and come up with some plan and figure out where they could be holding her at. I got to tell Jeff and Nancy that Liz is missing. Iz can you call mom and dad and tell them to come to the cafe?"

She nodded and moved to the side to call her parents. After a brief conversation she joined the silent group and told Max, "they're already there as well as the rest of the parents. Apparently the Parkers called everyone to let them know that there was an accident. Mom said we need to get back to the Crashdown."

Everyone nodded and Michael pulled Maria out of Max's embrace after a brief resistant on her part. By mutually agreement they all started heading back towards the cars and Max stopped at the police barriers and looked back at the crashed car. Rage filled him at the sight and vowed silently that he would save his wife and child no matter the cost to himself. He turned around and hurried over to Alex's car and got in. Soon the three cars were on the road heading back towards the Crashdown and silence and tension filled the car as each was wrapped in their own thoughts and fears.

Pulling up to the Crashdown the two cars parked and the group walked slowly into the cafe. The bell rang as they stepped into the cafe and everyone rushed over to them. Mrs. Evans and Mrs. Parker both hugged onto Max and feeling someone watch him he looked up to see the sheriff sitting down at one of the tables. Pulling out of their arms he whispered to his mom, "what's he doing here?"

"He came to tell us about the accident and Liz's disapperance," she sniffed.

"Oh God Max why would someone take Liz away from the accident," Mrs. Parker asked.

"Yeah Max why don't you tell us why someone would take Liz away from the accident," Valenti spoke up.

"I told you I don't know," Max stared at him coldly.

"I think you. I mean it's seems weird to me that this guy would take Liz and just leave you," he stared back at Max.

The tension between the two was so thick that even a knife wouldn't have cut through it. Mr. Parker cleared his throat and asked the sheriff, "are you saying you think Max had something to do with Lizzie's disapperance?"

"I'm not saying that he did, but I do believe that he knows why Liz was taken. Jeff, if you want Liz and the baby to be rescue then I need to know everything," he turned to him.

"Jim you're out of line here. If Max knew something he would tell you," Jeff argued.

He looked at the way everyone was standing protective around Max and shook his head in disbelief. "You all know don't you? You're all protecting him for some reason. You know that Max here isn't exactly from around here don't you?"

Kyle had been standing quietly next to Tess as the two had been waiting with the others to hear what was going on. He frowned as he heard his father's accusations and walked over to him. "Dad, what's going on? If Max doesn't know anything then maybe you should look around for more clues."

Not looking back at his son he kept staring at Max, "all the answers can be found here son."

"Maybe you should be out there searching for my sister-in-law instead of standing here harassing my brother," Isabel glared at him from Alex's arms.

"I could find her a lot easier if someone would start telling me the truth around here."

"The truth is that a man in a black suit wearing a white shirt took Liz away. He had blonde hair and blue eyes. I don't know anymore than that, and no I don't know why they left me in the car. I wish they would have taken me instead of taking my pregnant wife away," Max pushed his hair out of his face and continued glaring at the sheriff.

Tess froze as she heard Max's description of the man that had taken Liz. 'Shit that sounds like Agent Lee. Wherever Lee is then there's a good reason to believe that Pierce is close by. I have to get out of here before the Special Unit moves in and swoops them all up.' She sighed, 'okay Tess think. Think. Think. If Pierce gets his hands on the others then there's no chance in hell of me being able to get back home, and from what I've seen there's no way Max is going to leave Liz with the Unit. Crap I have to help them get her out of there and get them out of Roswell. Still this could work for me as they will be so grateful that I'd helped them.' Shaking her head she looked up and heard Kyle's dad tell Max urgently, "I can help you if you tell me."

"You can't help them," Tess said quietly.

Everyone turned to look at her questioningly. Valenti turned to her and asked, "what do you mean I can't help them."

She looked at Max as she said, "the people that took Liz are out of your jurisdiction."

"What do you mean out of my jurisdiction? How do you know who took Liz," Valenti asked.

"The FBI took Liz, rather a secrective branch did. They're called the Special Unit and they're job is to hunt down aliens and kill them."

Isabel and Maria gasped while Michael narrowed his eyes at her suspicously.

"Tess this really isn't the time for jokes," Kyle told her.

She didn't say anything except continue staring at Max. "How do you know about this unit," Valenti asked.

"I know about them because I've been running away from them my whole life," she said quietly.

"Why would this Special Unit be chasing after you," Michael demanded.

"Because I'm one of you."

Before anyone could say anything the bell over the door rang and three figures walked in. A tall woman with long dark hair, hazel eyes, and an olive complexion. Besides her was a short balding man smoking a cigar wearing glasses. Behind the two was a teenage girl with dark hair and hazel eyes and an olive complexion. She was obviously related to the older woman and like the man and woman she too was dress in all black.

"I'm sorry but we're closed for the night. If you want to come back we'll be open at 7am tomorrow," Mr. Parker told the strangers.

"We're not here for the food and I doubt you have anything I want to eat," the man told him.

"Kal, please don't be rude," the woman scold him.

"Sorry honey, but you know how I get when I have to get on a plane," he told her.

She just shook her head at him and turned back to Mr. Parker, "what my husband was so rudely trying to say is that we're not here to dine. We're here to talk to Max Evans and to offer our help."

Max walked over to them with Michael and Alex right behind them. "I'm Max Evans. What do you mean you've come to help."

She shook his hand, "I'm Samantha Langely and this is my husband Kal and our daughter Serena. We're here to help you get Liz back from the Special Unit."

"How do I know you're not from this Special Unit," Max asked.

"Look I'm your protector, and the only reason I'm here is to protect the heiress," Kal puffed on his ciagr. "Hell if I had my way I would've stayed in L.A., but trouble just follows all of you around."

"Kal," Samantha scolded.

Seeing his wife scold he sighed, "how about we all sit down and talk this out."

"No, we're not sitting down anywhere. What do you mean you're my protector," Max asked.

Kal waved his hand and Max fell into one of the chairs. Everyone gasped at this demonstration and Max stood up and immediately fell to his knees as a wave of intense pain overcame him. He paled and barely controlled his breathing from the intensity of it. One word fell from his lips, "Liz."

"Ah shit we're running out of time. It looks like the kid is ready to join the world," Kal cursed.

"What do you mean," Michael scowled at him.

"He means that Liz has gone into labor," Serena told him.

No one knew what to say and Max sat on the floor in a daze.

Gasping she lurch up and fell back as the restraints on her arms held her down to what seemed to be a hospital bed. She looked around wildly and all she saw was white walls surrounding her and with a glance down she saw she was dress in a white gown. Bit and pieces of what had happened started coming back to her. 'That car was aiming right for us. Oh God where's Max? What's going on?' Different scenarios started running through her mind and the one fact that was steady glaring in her mind was that someone had deliberately hit them.

Suddenly her body tense as in preparation for something and she bit her lip as pain rolled through her abodmen. "Oh no I can't be in labor now," she panted as the pain builded up. Panting she tried to remember the breathing execrises she was taught, but the intensity of the pain had her screaming.

On th other side of the room he looked in the one way mirror and smiled at the sight before him. "Well it looks like I'm going to witness my first human-alien birth and then I'll be getting to do my first autospy." Turning to the other man in the room he told him, "get the doctors. She's ready to give birth anytime soon."

"Yes Agent Pierce sir," he told him and headed out the room.

TBC
vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

Author:Vegas312 and Ilyme4Ever

Rating: MATURE

Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell so please don't sue.

Coupling: M/L CC

Summary: please look at previous chapters

AN: Sorry for the delay again but my computer has died on me. I’ll make the next part longer than this but I wanted to get something out before Mary killed me. LOL Love you hun.

“Everyone has a destiny. Whether they choose to go after it is up to them.” Neil Armstrong (paraphrase)

Chapter 6

Silence filled the room as everyone took in what Serena had just said, and Max cradled his head in his hands and waved off help from Michael and Alex to get off the floor. Gathering his control he finally came to his feet as the pain that brought him to his knees had stopped. “You’re telling me that Liz is having the baby now,” he asked Kal.

“Well I’m sure you better than anyone can tell us if she’s having the baby now since you’re the one feeling her pain,” Kal smirked at him. “Gotta love those first births with all the gut wrenching contractions.”

Max narrowed his eyes at him, “How about you give me a straight answer for once? Who are you and why do you know so much about us?”

“I told you already. I’m your protector whether you like it or not, but that’s my job for now.”

Isabel moved to stand next to Max and inquired softly, “Are you Nacedo?”

Kal started laughing and everyone wondered what about Isabel’s question that had set him off. “Oh God that was funny. Am I Nacedo? Please I’m nowhere like that fanatic. Besides if I’m not mistaken I believe Nacedo is dead.” Turning towards Tess he asked, “Isn’t that right your Highness?”

Startled by the royal address and the fact that Isabel mentioned Nacedo she kept her face blank, “Yes Nacedo was killed a few days ago.” ‘How did he know about Nacedo’s death? Does he know why I’m here and if so is he working with Nicholas? If he’s working with Nicholas then why is he here now trying to rescue Liz and the baby? What the hell is going on? I need more answers as it seems that the others know a little bit more about things than I thought.’ “How do you know Nacedo,” she asked Isabel.

Isabel, Michael, and Max traded looks and Isabel answered cautiously, “Well a few years ago when we were in high school we started receiving messages from him, but we’ve never actually met him. We thought we were close to finding him, but he just disappeared and we never heard from him again.”

“Nacedo is the guy that was leaving the silver handprints wasn’t he,” Sheriff Valenti spoke up startling everyone.

“Yeah that was him,” Kal puffed on his cigar and briefly thought of the lives that had been lost because of Nacedo’s belief that no humans could be trusted. ‘It’s a good thing he’s not around anymore because he sure would have hurt all of these people including Samantha.

“Silver handprints? Are you talking about the one that I saw on Liz’s stomach,” Kyle asked frustrated as hell that he was out of loop as usual.

“The silver handprint you saw on Liz’s stomach came from when I had healed her,” Max brushed a lock of hair out of his face angrily wishing that he had been taken instead of Liz and the baby.

“The other silver handprints that I saw were on people that had been murdered son,” Valenti patted his son on the shoulder to reassure him.

“So this guy Nacedo was a killer alien,” Kyle asked while trying to piece everything together.

“Kyle, we really don’t have time for this now. My wife and child have been taken by some rogue agency and you want us to play twenty one questions,” Max shouted.

“Hey I’m as worried about Liz and the baby as you are. It’s not my fault no one found it necessary to tell me about you guys,” Kyle shouted back at him.

“It’s none of your damn business who we are! If it wasn’t for your father stalking us around the town then the FBI wouldn’t have been onto us to begin with,” Max started to move towards him, but Michael stepped in front of him.

“Maxwell, you need to calm down. This is not helping with us finding Liz and you know that she wouldn’t want you fighting with Kyle,” Michael muttered.

“You’re right she wouldn’t want me arguing with Kyle,” Max sighed and took a deep breath.

Michael seeing that Max wasn’t planning to swing at Kyle turned to Alex and told him, “Can you take Kyle somewhere and tell him what’s been going on?”

“No problem,” Alex nodded and grabbed hold of Kyle and moved to a booth a little further away to chat.

“Well now that little situation has solved let’s get back to what I was saying,” Kal grabbed a chair and sat down. He motioned for everyone to grab a seat and pull up close to him. “On a far away planet there lived a king named Zan who could have been a better man,” he snickered but stopped when his wife elbowed him. Clearing his throat he started again, “Anyway there lived a king, a princess, a general, a queen and this is their story.” Everyone sat still as they became enthralled by the story that the man was spinning before them.

Meanwhile at Eagle Base agents were running around preparing for the first ever alien/human baby and maybe a possible attack by the father of the baby as they had learned awhile ago that he was alive and well. Pierce extremely pissed off that the agents hadn’t captured Max had sent all of them except Agent Lee to be deployed. No one was sure what that meant, but they all too clearly remembered what had happened to Agent Toposky. She hadn’t been seen or heard from since and none of them dared to ask.

While Pierce was making preparations, Liz was in the White Room trying to catch her breath after the last contraction. Sweat dripped off her face and she raised a hand to wipe it off but was stopped by the straps that held her down. ‘This can’t be happening. I can’t be having the baby now. I’m not ready and Max isn’t here and most importantly I don’t know where the hell here is.’

Panting and trying to calm herself down since she didn’t want to stress and find herself having another contraction she didn’t hear the door swoosh open. A tall woman stumbled in the room as Agent Lee pushed her inside quickly and closed the door behind her. She knew it was useless to pound on it so she didn’t even try, but walked on unsteady legs towards the gurney. Looking at the woman lying there she was surprised by the petite brunette as she had been expecting someone who would look like Zan’s former blonde, but obviously the king’s taste in women had changed. “Maybe that’s not such a bad thing,” she muttered to herself.

Liz hearing a voice turned her head to the side to get a better look and was surprised to see a tall blonde wearing a white gown like herself shaking besides her. “Are you okay? Maybe you should have a seat, well at least sit down on the floor,” Liz told her.

“You didn’t even ask me who I am. Aren’t you worried I might be here to kill you or something,” the woman asked with surprised.

“Well I figured they wouldn’t send in someone who looked to be in more pain than I am,” Liz panted as she felt another contraction come on. A minute went by and her body relaxed and she sighed, “Oh that was a small one. Thank God.” Blowing at a strand of hair that had fallen in her face she let her head fall back to the pillow. ‘I wonder if it’s like this for every woman or it’s just me.’

The woman leaned over and pushed the strand of hair away from Liz’s face and wiped off sweat away from her brow the best she could without a cloth. “I’m Vanessa Whitaker by the way, and I’m sorry that you’re in here. Hell I don’t wish this place on anyone even my worst enemy and technically we’re enemies or are supposed to be,” the woman whispered.

“I’m Liz Parker-Evans and I doubt we’re enemies. If you were my enemy then I doubt you would be in here with me. By the way where is here,” Liz asked hoping that it couldn’t be as worst as the woman was saying.

“We’re in the White Room. To be more specific we’re being held by a special unit of the FBI who’s only mission is to capture aliens and exterminate them one by one."

“Oh God, what are we going to do,” Liz whispered.

Back at the Crashdown everyone was sitting in stunned disbelief at what Kal had just told all of them. Isabel and Michael pretty looked at each other and went eww and moved closer to Alex and Maria hoping to erase any of the images that might have popped up thanks to Kal.

Tess was seething at how she could have been with the others years ago, but Nacedo had kept her with him as some kind of insurance. Apparently Kal having been monitoring the gang after word of the shooting and miraculous healing had gotten out had came to Roswell to stop Nacedo. Having found Nacedo the two had met up and Kal had called in a favor from him that had been owed from years ago before they had ever came to Earth. Nacedo might not have liked the idea of leaving them alone, but he did understand that he owed Kal and he kept his word by leaving town and not mentioning them to anyone even under the threat of death. ‘That good bastard. May he rot in hell for what he put me through all these years. I’m going to finish what he couldn’t start and go back home as a hero or rather as the queen I am,’ she sneered to herself.

Max not caring that he had been some kind of king or that he had been married in another life to the stranger before him turned back to Kal and demanded, “Do you know where Liz is at? I can feel more contractions coming on, not as bad as the first one but they’re coming.”

“She’s being held at Eagle Rock which is a few hours away from here, and believe me that place is heavily armed against us,” Kal waved to the four of them and himself.

“Well lucky for us I have a blueprint of the building,” Samantha winked at Kal. Turning to Serena she asked, “Can you go to the car and get my laptop please?”

“Okay not a problem. Do you need anything else,” Serena stood up.

“Um nope that’s all I need for now. Be careful out there,” she warned.

Serena nodded and headed out the door without looking back. Everyone chatted quietly among themselves as they waited for Serena to come back. Five minutes later the door burst open and a body was thrown through the door and Serena stepped in carrying a case that held the computer. Closing the door with her foot she turned to them, “Look at what I found sneaking around outside. When I went to confront him he tried to blast me.”

Tess looked at the guy on the floor and cursed silently. ‘Damn it I thought I left him at the hotel mindwarped. I got to think fast before he wakes up and tell the others that I’m working with Nicholas.’
Last edited by vegas312 on Mon May 02, 2005 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.