How did you get introduced to Roswell?

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

My sister and I saw the commerical for the show. We both got hooked. However, I forgot about it til the night it premiered. My sister grabbed me by the hair (literally!) and pulled me infront of the TV.

I was from then on....HOOKED LIKE A CRACKHEAD.
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
CandyDreamQueen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by CandyDreamQueen »

I think that it's so weird that alot of the people that are fans now did not actually become fans until after Roswell was cancaled. Via SciFi reruns. Hey, it seem like maybe if Roswell had origanly aired on SicFi it would still be on today.

But then agian, I'm glad that it didn't because I don't have cable so I would not have been able to see it.
jrsygurl520
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by jrsygurl520 »

Aliens is all I can say. I'm a huge scifi buff and it caught my eye
"Whats so great about normal anyway"

http://www.roswellsource.com

Your source for everything roswell
Jason's Princess
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Jason's Princess »

I was staying with my older brother and there was nothing else to do, and flipping through channels, I came to this one where I caught a glimpse of a boy with his hands on this girl's stomache. It intrigued me, so I kept watching. To make a long story short, I kept watching and from that moment I was hooked. I loved the idea of how Max risked his secret to save Liz. I guess I'm just a plain romantic at heart. Since then I've never forgotten about Roswell and its characters. I loved them and always will.
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend | Just what you want to be, you will be in the end
And I love you
kassruvalcaba
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by kassruvalcaba »

My friend got me into in the eighth grade AFTER IT WAS ALREADY CANCELLED mind you!!! after that we were kooked and started writing storys.. I'm in the tenth grade and still in love with the show!!!
"My girlfriend's the whore! My girlfriend's the whore!!" ~Kirk, Gilmore Girls

"I tried to buy a life on EBAY but they were to expensive"~Me

"I like this shirt. It makes it look like I have boobs." ~Krisy, Bathroom

"I dont like mayo...it taste like mayo"~Wendy, Sin City premiere
Elf3748
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Elf3748 »

kassruvalcaba wrote:My friend got me into in the eighth grade AFTER IT WAS ALREADY CANCELLED mind you!!! after that we were kooked and started writing storys.. I'm in the tenth grade and still in love with the show!!!
Haha mind you it was me that got you started Kass! Kooked? WTF!?!
kassruvalcaba
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by kassruvalcaba »

Elf3748 wrote:
kassruvalcaba wrote:My friend got me into in the eighth grade AFTER IT WAS ALREADY CANCELLED mind you!!! after that we were kooked and started writing storys.. I'm in the tenth grade and still in love with the show!!!
Haha mind you it was me that got you started Kass! Kooked? WTF!?!
Hooked wendy hooked!!!
jeez my fingers are to big to type right!!! Leave me alone!! *hides face*
"My girlfriend's the whore! My girlfriend's the whore!!" ~Kirk, Gilmore Girls

"I tried to buy a life on EBAY but they were to expensive"~Me

"I like this shirt. It makes it look like I have boobs." ~Krisy, Bathroom

"I dont like mayo...it taste like mayo"~Wendy, Sin City premiere
coley452
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by coley452 »

I was a freshman in High School and kept seeing the comercial ads for the new WB show. I was like 'that looks interesting', but I wasn't planning on really watching it until like 20 minutes before the pilot started and my brother, who is a year older than me, was like "Are you going to start taping that, cuz I'm leaving, but I want to watch it?" He likes scifi stuff and made me watch it all the time, and I was like "I hadn't planned on it, but I guess I will." And I did, loved it and watched every episode until it was canceled... And Now, I'm a Sophmore in College and am still obsessed with it.

My brother does that a lot, Makes me watch something I really don't want to and then I end up loving it. Maybe that's why I like a lot of scifi now :?
~Nichole~

To err is human--and to blame it on a computer is even more so.
- Robert Orben
roise101
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by roise101 »

I was on holiday and when i came back we were on season two. I was watching it with my sister. I wasnt really intrested in it at the time, until recently, i got addicted so she showed me this site
dreamerfiend
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by dreamerfiend »

I remember the day I got introduced to Roswell like it was yesterday.
*Flashback*
I was sitting on my couch watching t.v with my sister. I was flicking through the channels (like Max when he said"Crap, Crap, Crap").
Nothing good was on so I went to the t.v guide channel. Now luckily I already knew about the supposed alien crash in Roswell, New Mexico in 1947 so the name Roswell caught my eye. I said to my sister "Oh that must be something about the Roswell crash", but the way it was written and because it was on the wb told me that it was going to be a show and not a documentary. But I changed to it anyway. Luckily it was the first episode and I caught it right at the beginning. Before you know it the episode was over and I was sitting there stunned. All I said was "WOW"
*End Flashback*
That was the day I stopped being obsessed with Buffy and started becoming obsessed with Roswell! :D For some reason my family watched a couple of episodes with me but never got into it like I did. Now they make fun of me and tell me to get over Roswell already! But I think this is a lifelong obsession! :roll: What do you guys think?

Janelle
God is Love

Liz: You do have a destiny Max, you just heard it and I can't stand in the way of it.
Max: But you mean everything to me.
Destiny

Banner by Manda8706