The Royal Eight (AU,CC,TEEN) [COMPLETE] 11/18/04

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

TaylayaTirand
Enthusiastic Roswellian

The Royal Eight (AU,CC,TEEN) [COMPLETE] 11/18/04

Post by TaylayaTirand »

Title: The Royal Eight

Rating: TEEN

Category/ Couples: AU, Antar Fic Zan/Ava, Rath/Vilandra II, Larek/ Taylaya and some Belil/Valaya

Summary: The lives of the Royal Eight on Antar and how the events unfolded that led to their deaths.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with the show Roswell, the rights remain with the creator.

Author’s Notes: This is a fic that looks at the lives of the Royal Eight of Antarix, the system that Antar resides in, told from the pov of Taylaya. There are new characters, Tayalaya Teris, the sister of Rath Teris, Valaya Ezalan, the sister of Ava Ezalan and Belil Tirand, the brother of Larek Tirand. Also a few characters on the evil side, Tihandra, the grandmother of Zan and Vilandra, Vilandra I and Kevara, their aunts. Also Jayden, the emporer of the Qurgons and Neasana, the Queen of the Leerghs. Also if you would like to read a fic about these characters and the pod squad on Earth see: viewtopic.php?t=8277
A Powerless Power

Part 1:

A small blonde girl of about four runs barefoot through the lush green meadows closely followed by two other flaxen- haired girls of about seven and five. All three laughed as the sun warmed their faces. "Laya! We have to hurry! Zan and Larek are returning today!"

I stop dead. " Larek is coming?"

Vilandra dropped beside me out of breath. "Yes, of course."

Ava fell in front of us, her thick curls covering her round cheeks. She laughed and dropped backward to a sitting position. Before another word could be spoken a horn blew in the distance. It sounded the return of the Prince of Antar, His Royal Highness Zan Derai Antaris, and the Future Royal Advisor, Larek Minies Tirand.

We laughed and ran back toward the castle. The nursemaids met us halfway. "Taylaya Jacsi Teris! This is the fifth time this month! The princesses would never have gone into the meadows without your guidance! These careless and thoughtless actions must end! Now hurry up and get to your home! You are excused tonight from the Princess Vilandra’s side! Now go!!"

I walked sadly home to where Rath sat outside playing. I stopped as I saw my sickly little brother leaning against a tree. At not quite three he was undersized and not much bigger than a baby was, though sturdier. He was drumming a stick in the earth when I came up. The stick lay forgotten as he held his arms upward. "Laya!" I picked him up and took him inside where I searched in vain for a piece of meat, or cheese, or bread. Father had taken what little bit we had to buy ale and get drunk.

I sat with Rath in my arms. I was tall and sturdy for my age and Rath was small and sickly. Though only a year apart it seemed years were between us. I set my cheek against his forehead and immediately jerked back. He was burning to the touch. Tears stung my eyes as I sat there rocking my baby brother as he began to lean against me seemingly exhausted.

After a few moments I stood and filled a sink with cold water. When it was almost full I turned the water off. I sat Rath on the counter and took off his clothes. It was a painstakingly hard task as his head was leaning against my shoulder. When all his clothes were finally off I eased him into the water, leaning his head back against a soft cloth folded beside the sink. Using a gentle sponge I bathed his face in cool water trying to bring down the fever.

I didn’t know how long he had been sick…. I had been at the castle for the past week. I looked at him as he whimpered hungrily.

I don’t know how long I stood there washing his head, or how long it took me to drain the lukewarm water, or to wrap him in a clean cloth or put him to bed in his nightshirt. But I do know that for the longest time I sat beside him putting cool cloths on his forehead. It was near midnight when I heard the soft tapping on the door.

I rose from the bed, checking first that Rath would be all right, and made my way through the darkened house. As I drew towards the door I could hear the music gently making it’s way across the valley from the castle. "Yes?"

"Laya, it is Larek." I opened the door to see a tall, strapping youth of ten. His dark brown hair gleamed in the moon’s refection. I could just make out a large bundle beside him in the darkness. "Why weren’t you at the ball? I searched for you everywhere until Ava told me that you were sent home…then I saw your father in the tavern. I brought some food, and I have presents I brought back with me for you and Rath…."

I opened the door wider. "Rath is ill." Larek stepped inside and I closed the door behind him. I turned up the light in the kitchen and he set the bundle down on the table.

"It’s been a couple of months, Laya. You’ve grown since we last met."

"People do that. Usually when someone leaves they say good-bye to you…if they care at least."

"You are mature for your age, Laya."

"I have to be, if I wasn’t who would take care of Rath?" I said as I searched through a cupboard avoiding his gaze.

"But who will take care of you?" I turned and he was standing right in front of me. "You need to be taken care of, Laya."

He bent his head downward as he lifted my chin upward. In a moment our lips touched in a kiss. I felt my feelings for him rise up within me.

"Laya?" We turned and saw Rath in the doorway rubbing his eyes and clutching his yellow blanket. Larek went over and picked him up.

"Are you hungry, Rath?" Larek asked as Rath leaned against him. Rath nodded silently his thumb in his mouth. Larek took him to the table and brought out Rath’s favorite food, applesauce. I handed Larek a spoon and he began to feed Rath.

A few minutes later Rath was asleep and Larek gently cradled him in his arms as he stood. I followed him to the bedroom door and watched as he lowered Rath back on the pilled before pushing his hair back and kissing his forehead. He turned and came back toward me. He put his hand to my hair stroking it as he said, "I must go…"

"Are you leaving again, Larek?"

"Yes, but this time I say good-bye."

I didn’t know it then, but it would be a year before I would see him again.

The next morning Rath’s fever had broken, and he was pleading with me to be taken up to the castle. I finally relented and gave him a bath before dressing him in his good clothes. I knew Vilandra would love to see him, as would Ava. I had a feeling Zan was gone again with Larek.

Half and hour later we were at the castle walking through the stone halls. Guards smiled at me and if no one was looking patted Rath on the head. We reached Vilandra’s room and I opened the door softly. Vilandra was at her vanity brushing her hair. She smiled when she saw me in the reflection. "So you finally decided to grace us with your presence…Larek and Zan left about an hour ago. Mother is never pleased when they depart. She says they are too young still to be educated the ways of royalty. But Father says it must be done. Aunt Vilandra says that Zan shouldn’t be king, I was the first born so I should be queen! Imagine me queen, I don’t want to be queen. Aunt Kevara thinks she should be the successor to the throne, she waited years as the first in line, then I was born, then Zan. Our family is perplexing, is it not?" She turned. "Oh, you brought Rath! Come here, Rath!"

Rath giggled and ran to her waiting arms. She swung him around in the air as he laughed. "You’re getting so big! What’s Laya feeding you?"

"Aupple-saws!" he laughed and grabbed at her golden hair. "Purdy hair."

Vilandra laughed. "Thank you, Rath!"

A few minutes later, with Vilandra’s hair in braids and fixed up on the back her head, we walked out into the garden. Ava was sitting on the lawn under the neriup flowers humming and singing a song. As we drew closer she pushed her myriad of curls from her round dirt stained cheeks. She spotted us and waved her doll in the air at us. Rath let go of our hands and ran to Ava. Ava’s nursemaid was going to kill her. Ava was wearing her everyday dress. A white (silk) with gold inlay. It now had grass stains and dirt stained on it. It didn’t matter if Rath got soiled I could always clean his clothes, but the nursemaids insisted that the Princess’ clothes were too good to be handled by common hands. Vilandra and I sat under the big harmuil tree a few feet from them on stones. I wasn’t going to be blamed this time.

I watched my little brother and Ava play together. They were good friends. Ava giggled as Rath took her doll and began talking for it. Vilandra and I laughed at his frolics, but I was unable to fully appreciate this scene. I knew that I never acted like I was five years old. Vilandra noticed it a lot too; I always acted older than she did. Did it matter that I had to grow up fast? I was the only one there to take care of Father when he was drunk or crying over Mother. I was the only one that could take care of Rath. I knew I was more a mother to him than a sister. I smiled though, because regardless of whom I was, I was happy. It mattered not what we were, we were all family. Vilandra seemed to sense what I was thinking about because she spoke. "Laya, someday we will all be appreciative that you are who are. You are special not like the rest of us. Someday, maybe not in this life, or the next, but someday you will be who we will all turn to…"

I looked at her silently, and then turned away. " I am but a child…"

She laughed softly. "You were never a child, Laya. You aren’t now and never shall be."

"I am a child, though I do not act like one. But many will say I am but a child."

In the weeks that followed Rath grew stronger under our care. Larek wrote me letters, as communications were intercepted. Arisan (the King), Zan, Larek, and the rest of the noble men, as well as most of the elite army were on Tiran, where the Antarin galaxy was being laid to siege. I read each of Larek’s letters and anticipated each with zeal. Six months after the left I received this letter from him.

Dearest Taylaya,

The Qurgons have come closer than ever. The war is not going well, I know you understand that we know not when we may return to beloved Antar, and I know not when I may return to you. Trust in this my word that I am here to endure your safety. I look forward to each letter that comes from you. It is the light of hope for me. As long as you are well, then I know that I can endure this war.

The Qurgons advance every day. Tiran will not fall though. I worry about the fact that Antar is so close and not far away at all. I know as well as any that Antar has enough protection. As you are in the service of the royal family as Vilandra’s personal maid you shall be saved if any harm comes to Antar.

Taylaya, my wonderful friend, you are the light of my world. I never wanted to be away from you, though circumstance has led us apart. I do love you, believe me, Laya. You are the one that has kept me going. Laya, you are but a child, though never a child. Never has there been a girl such as you. Someday it will be to all that you love. I never understood how you could. But I trust you, and know that you can. Nothing is impossible for you. Laya. Nothing. Nothing will ever be impossible. You know this but you do not believe it entirely. Believe in yourself Laya. BELIEVE.

Laya, you have a special gift. It will be gratified. Years from now, all will know that you loved them, even if no one else did, you love them. Keep on doing that, Laya, it is who you are. You are the one that loved. Loved all. It shall always be and for that you shall be. Believe, Taylaya, believe.

Love Always,

Larek

Dearest Larek,

I miss you so much. The war has taken its toll here also. Vilandra is so worried. Ava hardly ever laughs anymore. Queen Andreya is a good ruler, she has so much wisdom, but she too misses her husband and her son. Vilandra 1 is making problems, as is Kevara. They keep having whispered conversations with Landra. She cries afterward, I wish I knew why. They are so horrible.

Rath is ill again, and that witch Kevara slapped him. He was sitting on a bench waiting for me to get back from running an errand for Landra, he was just sitting there and she came along and looked at him with contempt and slapped him, said he was rude and didn’t treat her with respect due to her station. She has no more station than I do. And he is so ill, slapping him, she bruised his head. He is so delicate anyways, how could she, how could she do that to him? He couldn’t have gotten up to kneel if his life depended on it. I love him so much. As soon as she did that I grew so angry. I didn’t care if she was a princess. I went over and yelled at her for hitting him. I was furious at her. I fear I have said words that will gain me an enemy of her. It was lucky for me that Landra saw it all and Landra has higher station than she does. I fear for Rath though. Larek, I fear for him. There is no telling what she might do.

Larek, I wish this war would end, I need you so much. Please return to me.

Affectionately yours,

Taylaya

Taylaya,

If she does anything go to Andreya at once. The war has escalated. I do not know when I can come home. But I will come to you soon. Fighting is continual. Arisan has given me my own ship to command, I do not know if this is a smart thing, but I will do it. I will return to you soon.

Larek

Vilandra received many letters from Zan as well.

Dear Landra,

The war is not going well. Tell mother I love her. I love you to, sister. It is hard to find time to sleep here. Though I try. I know I must have some sleep. Mostly I awake to attack sirens. Then I have to get up and get to the control room. Men and women come to me asking me what they are to do, every time they have a free moment they want something to do. I guess they need something so they will be busy. But I tell them to sleep. They won’t do any good if they don’t get some rest. Father looks horrible. He isn’t getting any sleep at all. Every time I see him he has bags under his eyes and he looks old. Being a king…it makes you old before your time. I don’t know if I want to be king, oh Landra, I have to be, I know being born to royalty…but it so hard. It isn’t what I expected. I see now that Father made so many sacrifices when we were growing up just to be with us. I want to be like him, Landra. I hope I can…But I just don’t know. You will always be there to help me though…I know I can do it.

Your brother,

Zan

Zan,

I miss you so much…it sounds awful there. I worry about Mother…she misses you and Daddy so much. I hope you can return home soon. These days I sleep badly at night, I keep finding myself going to the lake. I often find Laya there also. We watch the stars and watch Oron and Viran when they are visible in the sky. Antarex isn’t the same without you. I am glad we have so much here that isn’t crowded with transports and the city is a little ways away. It so huge though. I often wonder how advanced other civilizations are. All I have now are Laya and my tutor most of the time. I have you with me always, I know. And I can speak to you, always. This paper is my voice to you. You are one of my best friends, Zan. I could never leave here without you. I could never leave you. You are my home, Zan. Where you are, my brother, I must be. I could never leave. You were born to be King. Believe this, you were born to be King. You are the Prince Zan Derai Antaris. I believe in you.

Love always,

Landra

I believed Larek told me the truth and he and Zan would endure as well as any…
Last edited by TaylayaTirand on Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:30 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"Your love is like the island in your eyes, encircled by the tender sea, encradled by my love always and forever." Larek Tirand
TaylayaTirand
Enthusiastic Roswellian

The Royal Eight (AU,CC,PG13) Pt 2 - 11/08/04

Post by TaylayaTirand »

Part 2

The next six months passed slowly. With each letter written and each received, the ache grew in all of us to see them all safely home again. Queen Andreya took to the Watching Rock for any ship coming. More often than not they were just carriers. There was never any need for alarm, each ship was searched at each of the of the ten defense stations surrounding Antar.

Vilandra took the garden, and to her needlework. I always knew when Vilandra was worried, sad, or angry, she embroidered. Her embroidery challenged any. The tight little stitches forming faultless braids, flowers and birds.

Ava, for the first time in her short life had lost her laughter. Word was received that Varan was under assault. Ava was the princess of Varan. Her baby sister, the next in line for the throne, was still on Varan. Ava went to the Lookout now. The sea was there, but it faced Varan during the day.

There weren’t many happy times then. Only the Eve of the Feast of Zar. Ava and I were in the Great Hall with everyone else. The Queen, Andreya raised her chalice. "To the brave men who cannot be here with us tonight. Though we have devotion and trust that they shall return." I watched this great queen. She looked so beautiful with the glow beaming behind her. Her eyes spoke of the wisdom held within. She was strong, stronger than any I had ever known. My eyes looked toward Vilandra standing next to her. She beyond doubt was her mothers’ daughter.

Like all things, this time came to an end. The war with Qurgon ended, and the King and Prince returned.

I was enjoying the last days of warm weather, picking wildflowers in the high meadows. Rath was asleep in the shade of a tuft.

I felt arms go around me and lift me high in the air. I was swung around and then tossed in the air. I laughed as Larek caught me again. "Larek! When did you get back?"

"About two hours ago. I had to come see you." He smiled.

"I haven’t seen you in two years!" I smacked him on the shoulder. "You didn’t even write!"

"I’m sorry, Laya! OWWW!" he set me down.

"When you’re done apologizing, can we play Touch and Go?" I turned to see Zan, Vilandra, Ava, Valaya, and Belil. Belil ran to me and threw himself in my arms. Belil didn’t look anything like Larek, though they were brothers. Larek was tall and dark haired with flashing brown eyes, and very attractive. Belil was small and so light of hair it was almost white.

I picked up the cute little two-year-old and hugged him. Belil had been visiting since he was a year old. Rath came over and took Belil and Valaya so we could play touch and go.

We all stood motionless as Ava touched us then burst off with a speed away from there. Zan was the last one to be tagged so he set off after us.

Larek held onto my arms and used me as a shield against Zan.

We were all running around and then suddenly it was all of us. Rath, Belil, and Valaya had joined us. We all began laughing and chasing after one another until we collapsed in a heap.

We were inseparable for the next two years, then Ava had to go back to Varan. It was a terrible time for all of us. We didn’t want to see her go, but we had no choice.

We stood on the dais watching the transport come closer. I hugged Ava as she started to cry.

Zan had not come to see Ava depart. We all knew why, but it didn’t help to say anything about it. I hugged Ava tightly to me. We had grown up together. Everything I remembered, it always included her. I thought back those nine years of my life. From the round, curly haired blonde we first met to the adorable curly haired girl, and finally to this. To my friend, this short, still a little round, still blonde and curly haired girl. I tried not to cry as she looked at me with those rich lavender eyes of hers. I tried to learn by heart every dimple, every curl, every part of her delicate face. I needed to remember that face. It suddenly occurred to me that I was losing one of my best friends…tears poured down my face and onto the brightly colored stones of the walkway. I saw her tear stained cheeks through blurred vision, I just couldn’t stand seeing her go, I couldn’t. She was too important to me. The only friend I had close to my own age. I stepped back and let her go on to Vilandra, who despite her royal clothes and suave sophistication, was sobbing. Her long hair usually up was messed up and parts completely out of the bun.

I turned away and caught sight of Larek, who at 10 seemed to care for me, but now at 15 he disregarded me, and I couldn’t comprehend why. We had always been friends, more than friends…now he was with older girls more than us. He was measured very well to marry. It an empty space where my heart used to be. I cried harder when I saw him. I loved him, I knew I did. I felt inside of me something I had never felt for anyone else. How could this be…I turned my head as I felt someone put their hand in mine. It was Rath, no longer little. He was 8 years old now. He smiled sadly. He didn’t need to say anything, I knew what he was thinking. He would miss Ava too, and he knew about Larek. Rath always knew when something was wrong, that was why we were so close. I could tell him anything and he was the same way.

I knew that only a few feet away Larek stood, it was like I knew exactly where he was, though I wasn’t looking at him. My heart ached…I loved him.

Ava stood looking at us for a moment, and then she silently turned and walked up the steps to the transport. When she got to the top it looked like she would go right in, but at the last moment she stopped and turned and waved to us. "I’ll never forget you! I promise!"

Then she turned and the door shut firmly behind her. "Good-bye, Ava. You know Zan loves you, that’s why he couldn’t abide to see you leave…we all love you, Ava. Good-bye. Good-bye my sister. Shall He speed your return."

Rath turned to me. "Laya, remember what you have said. Someday we shall all know you love us all, and it will keep us as one."

I turned away and saw Larek heading off towards the gardens with a young lady. I stood for a moment then turned on my heel and took Rath home.
"Your love is like the island in your eyes, encircled by the tender sea, encradled by my love always and forever." Larek Tirand
TaylayaTirand
Enthusiastic Roswellian

The Royal Eight (AU,CC,PG13) Pt 3 - 11/08/04

Post by TaylayaTirand »

Author's Note: There is some religious aspect in here. It mentions a God that they worship and also a marriage ceremony that centers on the religious.

Part 3

I sat tall and strait beside the throne Vilandra sat in. I acted calm and aloof in the goings on around me. Arisan had given Zan the duty of seeing to his people’s concerns, to give Zan a little taste of being king and all the responsibilities it entailed. Vilandra was to Zan’s left and to his right were Larek and Zan's cousin, Kharnak. I tried not to laugh as Vilandra gave all the men amorous and seductive looks. Zan was livid at this but didn’t let it show. Larek was having as hard a time as I was at not laughing and Kharnak was oblivious to what was going on because he was so nervous about being there. I wouldn’t look at Larek though. Pretty soon though the whole court was in hysterics and it was up to Zan to calm them down so he could continue. I grabbed Vilandra’s hand and took her out. We collapsed against a wall in the corridor outside the throne room. I couldn’t stop laughing, and neither could Vilandra.

"I can’t believe you did that, Landra!" I was trying hard to stop laughing.

"Can’t you, Laya?" She smiled and began laughing again.

"Well, maybe I can believe it, but I can’t remember Zan being more mad at you!"

"He’s had a bristle up his ass since he came back from Oron with Larek …"she noticed that I stiffened at the mention of Larek’s name. "Laya, what is going on between you and Larek, anyway? You used to be so close and now, for the past year at least you two haven’t spoken, looked at, or even touched each other! What is going on?"

At that moment I heard Zan come out of the doors… "…Tell me what’s going on between you and Laya, Larek. You love her and you know it. You’re my best fri…."he stopped dead when he saw us. I looked down suddenly embarrassed. I turned and ran down the hall, I heard footsteps echoing behind me, but I wouldn’t stop running. I didn’t look back as I ran out of the castle, tears running down my face. I couldn’t believe what I had just heard. How could he do this to me if….if…if he loved me.

I pulled the dress over my head. Vilandra had invited Rath and I to a ball. I didn’t want to go, unfortunately for me she had asked Rath instead of me, and he had accepted. I guess she knew I would have said no. How could she do this to me? My own friend. I looked into the mirror as I buttoned the back of my dress. I noticed I had a figure. I guess I never really thought about it before. But yes, I was curving out in front, my stomach was flatter, no more baby roundness…my thighs were filling out…I guess you could say I had a pretty good figure…I was thirteen after all. I would be fourteen in a few weeks….fourteen, I didn’t remember it was coming up.

I began to brush my hair out. It fell to my thighs now. And for the first time, I looked at the picture of my mother that I had hidden in my drawers’ years ago. I noticed that I looked a lot like her. I noticed she wore her hair up…it made her so mature and beautiful.

The door opened and I looked up to see my father in the doorway. He looked surprised. "Taylaya…for a moment I thought I was seeing your mother. You look so much like her with your hair up like that. You looked exactly like your mother." He coughed, "The reason I came in was because I wanted to give you this…" he held up a necklace…it was the necklace he had given my mother on their wedding day…. I hugged him and he put the necklace around my neck. "I am sorry, I haven’t been much of a father in the past years. I am going to try to make it up to you…"

"It’s ok, Father. Really…Rath and I never lacked for anything…"

"Because of you. I wasn’t a father to him, you had to be both father and mother, though you were neither. I am sorry, I have quit drinking and I will never start up again. I am going to be a father, Taylaya. I promise you this. Now go on, you two have a good time."

I gave Rath an exasperated look as he pulled me into the ballroom. "Laya…"he hissed. "Come on…!"

He finally got me inside. I took a deep breath and walked onward to present myself to Vilandra and the rest. Rath was ahead of me, but then he gently nudged me forward. I curtsied low to Vilandra, who didn’t recognize me, she returned the curtsy and I went on to Arisan, who bowed back and kissed my hand and looked at me inquisitively. Then Andreya looked at me as she came up from the curtsy…she clapped a hand to her mouth, then looked closer and whispered, "Taylaya, is…is that really you, child?" I nodded and she continued. "You are your mothers’ daughter. You are Riatha tonight."

I smiled and curtsied to Zan whose mouth dropped open, but he managed to keep his cool and said, "A dance, milady?"

I smiled and nodded slightly. Larek looked at me as Zan led me to the dance floor. We moved easily together. I wasn’t surprised as we had learned to dance together. He seemed to recognize my movement but he was mystified. Larek just watched in astonishment, and then asked Vilandra to dance so he could get a closer look. Vilandra was a bit bewildered as he steered her closer to us. Zan was talking to me.

"Are you from around here?"

"Yes, I live not far from the castle." I was about to laugh.

"I know I have seen you somewhere before…care to enlighten me?" he looked so curious that I laughed.

"Zan! I am surprised at you!"

Just then Larek and Vilandra got over and Larek, rather unceremoniously, traded me for Vilandra. Zan wasn’t quite sure what had happened as suddenly Vilandra was dancing with him instead of me. Larek however looked quite pleased with himself. "Now that I finally have you to myself…let’s get to know one another…"

I just gave him a look, the song ended and I snapped, "For the last 5 years you haven’t wanted to, so why start now Larek Tirand!" With that I wrenched my hand out of his and stalked off. I looked back to see him with his mouth wide open and looking at me in disbelief.

I walked right out to the terrace and to the dark garden. I sat on a bench hidden in the labyrinth. How could I ever have thought this was the right thing to do? I used my handkerchief to wipe off the lipstick and other make-up. Then I started to cry into my hands.

I heard voices and stopped crying to listen. "Landra, I know I saw her go this way!"

"Zan, you’re a fool. Larek hurt her enough tonight! Why go after Laya right now!? We should leave her alone for awhile!"

"No, she should know the truth of the past few years!" Zan’s voice sounded hard.

"Zan! Listen to me, Laya has known the truth! She heard you and Larek talking as I did!" Vilandra was sounded less than confident.

"That may be true, but not the whole truth…."

"Well then, Larek should tell her, he’s the one that is concerns!"

Their voices faded into the darkness.

I made my way home that night in pitch-blackness. As I drew toward my house I could see someone waiting at the entranceway…I was tempted to go around to the front door, but decided I had to talk to him sooner or later. Larek looked up as I approached. "Laya…"

I sat on the swing beside the veranda and waited while Larek sat beside me. He didn’t speak for a moment…then, "Laya, I think you deserve an explanation…Laya, this isn’t easy to say…"

"It isn’t easy to speak to someone you haven’t spoken to and barely looked at in 5 years." I snapped.

"God, Laya, look at you…in the past 5 years I have tried…God I’ve tried…to stop these feelings for you! Do you know how many times I have went to bed and just wanted you beside me! I am nineteen years old! And I am in love with a 13 year old!"

"Nearly fourteen."

"Laya…I have loved you since you were five years old! God I have tried to stop myself from feeling these feelings! But I can’t! I can’t! I have tried my hardest to fall in love with someone else! Anyone else!" he was walking around, then he turned to me again. "But I can’t. I just can’t. I love you with everything that I am, Laya…I need to be with you…"

I was taken aback…I was in total shock. "I love you too. I have been hurting so much these past five years…I have always loved you…it nearly killed me when I saw you with anyone else…ignoring me…I hated it so much…"

He came towards me and stopped looking down. I took him by the tunic neck and pulled him to me in a kiss.

The next night Larek led me to the lakeshore and he had a wooden raft with flower petals strewn on top of it with candles all around the edge. I stepped onto it and he launched us off. I sat looking on the stars… "Look, Larek, its Arion!"

He looked up, "In her brightest!" He laughed.

In a moment after he kissed me and laid be back on the raft. I put my arms around his neck and kissed him gently. His hand went down to cup my breast and to softly caress my breast and stomach. He propped himself back up with his hands and looked down at me looking so happy. He brought up one hand and tenderly slid his hand down my cheek. I looked up at him and said, "Larek Minias Tirand, will you marry me?"

He laughed and looked like he was going to cry for a second. "Yes, of course I will. The only time I have ever felt complete is when I am with you…"

I reached down and grabbed hold of his tunic and slid it up over his head. I turned him over on his back and slid on top of him as he reached behind me and carefully unbuttoned my dress. "Laya…I’ve never done this before…"

I smiled and slid my hand over his lips. "It’s all right…"

A long while later he began to kiss me and in each other’s embrace we fell asleep.

Vilandra looked at me…."Laya…Laya…LAYA!!!"

I jumped and fell off her bed. "Yes?"

"What is up with you today? You are acting so weird." She looked at me quizzically. "If I didn’t know better I’d say…" she opened her eyes wide. "You didn’t!"

I interrupted. "You’re right, bye!"

I ran out of the room. "Taylaya Jacsi Teris!!!! Get back here! Did you and Lar-"

Just then I stopped as a door opened in front of me, preventing my getaway. I stared open mouthed as Larek came barreling out, narrowly followed by Zan who was shouting at him. "I know something happened! Now tell me what it was!"

Vilandra caught up with me. "Tell me the truth! Did you and Larek…" Her voice caught in her throat as she saw Larek and Zan…I thought I would die right there and then. Larek looked at me and smiled nervously.

Zan and Vilandra looked at each other. "Why won’t they tell us?"

"They probably had sex." Vilandra looked at me.

"I say that our business is our business." I hoped I sounded believable.

Vilandra and Zan looked at me. "Sorry, don’t believe it."

"Damn…ok, how about this…"my words left me…and Larek spoke up, "We’re getting married."

Vilandra hit the ceiling and Zan steadied himself against the door. "M-M-M-married???"

I nodded. "We got betrothed last night…"

During the next few months I began to prepare for my wedding. Vilandra began to act peculiar. She was happy all the time and had this smile on her face. I wrote it off. One day Rath and I were walking in the lower meadows; we were picking flowers for Vilandra, when we saw her sitting on a tuft. I sat beside her and we began to talk about my wedding. Rath used his flowers that he had picked and began to weave then in out hair. He weaved the ones in mine into the two tiny braids on either side of my head, the rest of my hair, which I wore loose he left alone. He took Vilandra’s hair completely out of the braids and bun and then wove the flowers in it. I watched and something seemed to be going on, but I couldn’t figure out what…

As they day drew nearer, I got very excited. I brushed my hair each night before going to bed. During these times I remembered Ava and Valaya. I smiled as I thought about the promise Valaya and I had made so long ago. We were talking about what it would be like to marry…and then she said she would never marry…and never ever have sex…then we made a pact that neither would. I have a feeling I have broken that little pact of ours. I smiled a mischievous smile as I thought about that and laughed thinking about girlhood promises…

The day arrived sweet and sunny and I was so nervous…I didn’t know what to do…As Rath and Father left to go to the castle I was suddenly filled with apprehension. I started walking up to the meadows. I hadn’t been there in over 3 years. Not since Rath and I went for walks everyday. I continued walking through the sweet smelling grass and flowers. I kept walking upward toward the mountains. In the Meadow of Juo I sat on a tuft and wondering how I ever thought I could get married.

I sat there with my head in my hands, until I felt a hand on my shoulder. "I thought I would come across you here…"

I looked up to see Larek. "I am not sure about anything right now…How can you be?"

He sat beside me. "Laya, I am sure about one thing and one thing only. And that is that I love you, and I want to spend our lives together…With you I shall never be afraid, because only when I am with you, am I truly whole. Laya, come and marry me…"

I smiled and nodded. We walked down the mountain together and into the castle where everyone waited. He walked me to where Arisan stood smiling. "Welcome all to the union of Larek Minias Tirand, the Royal Advisor to the Prince Arizan, and Taylaya Jacsi Teris, the Royal Attendant of the Princess Vilandra." He smiled at me, "Taylaya Jacsi Teris, in the sight of our Father, and in the Holy bonds of Eternal Marriage, even Marriage in the Covenant, take this man until after death, until you yourselves are like unto the Father and unto the Mother. Until the Second Coming of the Savior, until our world is gone, until eternity passes away?"

I looked into Larek’s eyes, "Always and forever, may I marry you for Time and all Eternity."

Arisan had tears in his eyes and let them fall freely. He then said the same to Larek, who looked like he was going to cry. "Into Eternity, I wed thee, until it passes away shall I love thee, wholly and completely."

Arisan smiled through his tears. "By the power of the Holy Priesthood of God which I hold, and in the sight of the One on High, even Him the Great God, I pronounce, Marriage for Eternity upon you."

Larek kissed me and a great shout echoed through the building. "MARRIAGE FOR ETERNITY! INTO THE COVENANT! NEVER SHALL IT DIE! MARRYING IN THE COVENANT OF THE GREAT FATHER OUR GOD!"
TaylayaTirand
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Part 4

Post by TaylayaTirand »

Larek and I started our life together by going to Oron and to the Magical Mountains of the Mist. We spent two wonderful weeks consecrating our marriage.

We returned home and continued our lives. It was at this time I discovered I was pregnant. Vilandra was excited, Rath was ecstatic. Zan was happy for us, and Larek took me in his arms and held me in his arms when I told him.

I gave birth in 4586 to Tarel Minies Tirand.

After Tarel was born, and Larek and I had moved to our own apartments in the castle, I started having the nightmares....

I stared wildly in the darkness that engulfed me. Just beyond my vision things moved and slithered in the darkness. I could see something getting closer and closer. All around me bulking shapes crawled and slinked. The scrape on the floor echoed throughout my hearing. Overhead I heard the beating of wings. The loud fluttering and the soft flitting. The whizzing and buzzing in my ears. Then the stomping and pounding of the bulky shapes around me, and yet ever closer it came.

Each beat of my heart echoes hollowly in my head. Sweat poured from my furrowed brow as I strained to the limits of my vision to glimpse what was coming closer and closer.

The shapes drew around me. Now and then a shadow brushed passed me almost touching.

Suddenly I became aware of ever part of myself. From my heart beating faster and faster joining the rhythm of my fear. By my side my palms were wet. I couldn't move. My eyes focused on that thing coming ever nearer. My nose picked up the pungent smell of decay, a sweet yet ghastly sickening aroma. It was the odor of rotting flesh, human flesh. Through the slightly parted dried lips I could taste the salty sweat coming from my skin. My body grew tense and rigid as the object grew clearer and the shapes closed in around me. My cry caught in my throat. I was choking against the heavy air. The smell of decaying flesh was all around me engulfing me ever further into the entangling abyss of blackness. I was completely surrounded by the grotesque shapes. I felt a thick liquid running along my feet and ankles. Red swam in my vision. Blood was all around me.

The thing was a face. A face so horrifying, no words could describe it to its fullness. Eyes that were not eyes. A mouth that was not a mouth. Teeth that were not teeth. A face that was not a face.

My breath now came in ragged breaths. It came closer and stopped in front of me.

Up close it's skin was rotted and I started to scream. I closed my eyes to block the sight.

I screamed feeling something pulling me up. "LAYA! LAYA!"

I gasped and opened my eyes to see Larek kneeling beside me holding my shoulders and looking frightened. I stared at him in horror, the image still filling my vision.

I slipped my arms around him resting my forehead in the hollow of his neck sobbing. I felt his arms hold me tightly. "Laya, it's all right...."He spoke directly into my mind instead of talking. "..it's all right. I'm here...I'm here."

He rocked me and stroked my hair. When I managed to stop crying I looked up at him. "Laya, darling...is it the nightmares, again?"

I nodded. "Yes..." "I am here, Laya, I will protect you..."

"I know..."I kissed him tenderly and he laid me back down. He put his palm to my jaw and lightly caressed. I sighed and he bent down and gently put his lips to mine. His left hand was on my right side rubbing up and down. He whispered. "I love you..."

The dreams were becoming steadily worse. For a week Larek had awakened in the dead of night to my shrieks, and after neither of us would go back to sleep. The two times I tried I dreamed again and woken as before. I knew something was going to happen, something bad, but I didn't know what.

During the next year a ball was announced. It was for Zan's 19th birthday. We all were excited and getting ready for it. I was helping and going to school at the same time. I had gained my engineering degree at the age of 14. And now I was almost finished with my healers' training. King Arisan had said I was blessed with an extraordinary gift and that I must use it. Everyone said it was amazing that I could juggle Larek, school, a baby, and Vilandra all at once. Zan jokingly said that Vilandra would be all he could handle.

This ball was very important; it marked the last year he would spend as just one. In Antaris we age differently than others. We stay 20 years old for ten years...and each "year" after is ten years. So Larek was 20 and so was Vilandra.
TaylayaTirand
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Part 5

Post by TaylayaTirand »

Larek held me in his arms and moved easily with me. The music was sweet and I had Larek all to myself. Rath and Landra were dancing near us laughing heartily. The song ended and Zan whisked us away. Zan and Larek decided to go skinny-dipping. Which wasn't shocking since all of us did it...maybe a bit too often, but we all did it. I went to go get Rath and Landra. I couldn't find them though so I went back to Look Out Rock. They were swimming underneath it.

I saw a pretty girl with short curly blonde hair. There was something familiar about her. Her and Zan had locked eyes and she was blushing as she watched them down there. After a few minutes a voice called and she hurried off. I took off my clothes and jumped off the rock. We all loved swimming. Though it was usually in the creek off the cove. We were in the cove now. The water was thick and we could stand on it for a few seconds before toppling in, but we could cut through it easily. The water was wonderful. It was the perfect night.

Later Zan was watching the girl. She was standing in a corner talking to some other girls. Larek was trying to get him to talk to her, but Zan was resisting adamantly. Finally Larek went over himself and danced with her before bringing her over to Zan. When Larek said her name my mouth dropped open and we smiled and threw our arms around each other. "Ava! It's been so long! I knew I recognized you!"

Zan and Ava greeted each other more shyly. They had been in love as long as any of us could remember. They were the perfect couple.
In 4587 Zan and Ava were married. After the union Zan began taking more kingly responsibilities. That meant all of us were taking on responsibility. It was during the wedding that we found out some shocking news.

I brushed Ava's hair until it shone. She was radiant in her wedding dress. Vilandra looked us and I could tell she wanted to tell us something. "Is something wrong, Landra?"

"Well, no, but I do have something tell you. Laya, Rath and I have been together since you and Larek have."

"What?!?!" Ava and I shouted at the same instant.

She bit her lip. "Well, we just started liking each other...and everything just happened. He's asked me to marry him...and I have accepted."

"I think I am going to faint." And I did.

I was roused by smelling vapors and Rath was bending over me. "Laya? Are you all right?"

"Yes...except for some news that I feel you ought to have told me."

"Uh-Oh." He looked at Landra. "You told them?"

"Yes." She blushed.

A year later Rath and Vilandra were married. I received my healing degree and moved on to my "biologist" degree. I also found out I was pregnant for a second time. Three months later I gave birth to Dreya. Zan and Ava gave birth that year too. They named her Laya.

We all lived in comfort and joy, though we all should have known it was too good to last. In 4590 the Leerghs a race a blue skinned.... idol-worshipping cannibals...attacked. Bent on destroying all those who would not deny our God. We would not. I was put in charge of engineering of new ships and maintaining the ones we had. I was also in charge of the hospital ship. Larek, Zan and Rath were fighting at the front of the ships...Ava, Vilandra and I were worried that they wouldn't come back. Arisan was with them and Andreya was ill and in confinement.

It took 4 years but we were finally able to destroy the Leerghs.

After the war a few people I didn't want to see returned to Antar. Vilandra I, Kevara and Kevara's son, Nickolas.
TaylayaTirand
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Part 6

Post by TaylayaTirand »

Unbeknownst to everyone else King Arisan sent for Vilandra and I. He had known for a while that Vilandra and Kevara were plotting against him. He needed us to be spies for him. We could tell no one. We did as he asked.

During this Vilandra betrayed us. Not in going to the other side...but by betraying her husband and her brother and us all...by falling in love with Nickolas. That was her betrayal. She never betrayed in loyalty to her family but she betrayed our trust.

"Rath?" I had come upon while he was blowing up boulders and flying the pieces around and throwing them into one another.

"Yes?"

"Are you all right?"

"Why didn't you tell me? I'm your brother, and that bond is stronger than friendship."

"I'm sorry. I should have. But..."

"But nothing!" He turned to face me and as he did one of the rocks came and hit me hard in the chest forcing me to fall backwards. "Laya! Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry."

He pulled me to him holding me. "It's ok, Rath. I'm fine. You're not though. That blow was nothing compared to the pain you're feeling."

It was 4598 and I had learned I was pregnant I couldn't tell Larek because he was off with Zan somewhere. While I was waiting for him to return Kevara came to me. She looked really angry.

"Taylaya..." And she took over my body. I had no control to stop her. She guided me to Arisan's room.

"Hello, Taylaya..." she had a knife in my hand and I tried to do something to stop it, but I couldn't she used me and stabbed him in the chest. He looked at me in shock.

"No! Arisan!" I regained control and caught him as he fell.

"Taylaya...why...?" He searched my eyes.

"Not me..."I tried to tell him. His eyes looked like they knew as he died. "NO!"

My head whipped around as the door opened. Kevara stood there leering at me in a kind of twisted pleasure. She picked up the knife where I had dropped it coming towards me. She had drained me of my power so I was utterly helpless. "No..."

"You betrayed us." She whispered.

"I was never with you." I swallowed. Larek, oh, Larek, forgive me...she's going to kill me! Rath...she's going to kill me!

"Don't bother wasting breath, Consort...they will all know what happened. You, in a fit a blind rage killed Arisan and then realizing what you have done you took your own life."

"No! They will never believe it!" I cried out, but my only thought was for the unborn child I was carrying in my womb.

"Oh, but they will. I saw it all, remember? And I can say what I want. Because it is true. I saw you kill Arisan and then I saw you kill yourself."

"They will never believe you."

"Mayhap, but what is to stop us now, Consort? With you not there to protect your family...you were the only one standing in our way...and now that you have your brat in you your powers were easy to take out. "

She was too quick. I felt the knife plunge into my stomach. Larek...Rath...oh, no....oh, no...

With my last amount of strength I looked her strait in the eye. "The Royal Eight shall return, Kevara. I will lead them back to Antar and you can tell that mother of yours that I will return and when I do she will be the one that dies, along with every other on this planet that defies the will of God."

I felt the darkness take me.
TaylayaTirand
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Part 7-End

Post by TaylayaTirand »

The death of Taylaya came as a startling disbelief. No one could comprehend that she could ever do such a thing. Then the attack on Varan came. And Valaya sought refuge on Antar.

Zan was King now and the unthinkable happened. Zan accused Vilandra of betraying the family. Kevara took over Vilandra and killed Zan and then killed Vilandra, just as she had done with Taylaya. Ava saw it all and went to kill Kevara, but was herself killed. A few months later Rath and Belil were killed in battle. And not a year later Valaya was murdered by her own handmaiden.

Larek and the others decided to resurrect half of the Royal Eight, though it grieved him to do so, since the other half consisted of his brother and wife. Arizan, Vilandra, Rath and Ava. They were put into pods to gestate. They made two sets to ensure the survival. They were sent with Derex and Lalan.

Half was sent to Roswell and the other half to NYC.

Advances in science and genetics were made due to Taylaya's theories. (I had become a geneticist as well as other kinds of scientists.) They were ready to implant Taylaya, Valaya and Belil into a human host. One was chosen. It was 1982, that would make them all approximately the same ages.

Taylaya it was decided was to be the guardian and protect them. She was the most powerful and would be the oldest.

Then tragedy struck. The little girl that was supposed to be Taylaya was still born. Valaya was fine, but Taylaya was gone. Now it seemed impossible for the Royal Eight to come together once again. For only the Royal Eight can rule Antar and save their people.

"In the day that Antar shall fall, ten stars shall fall from the sky. Ten stars to redeem the people and destroy those who hold them captive, destroy those who fight against the Truth. Three and Three and Four shall come together. One was lost to the corruptness of power and shalt surely die by the hand one that has no choice. The hand of her enemy, the hand of her friend.

"Ten angels flying thru the darkness to bring light unto there people. But a choice be made. To save one world or the other...the choice is theirs."