How did you get introduced to Roswell?

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

sam
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by sam »

In france, they are article in meny newspaper about these TV Show, so, I decided to see!! And what a surprise, it was so wonderful!
Innocent Eyes
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Innocent Eyes »

When I got my first contact with Roswell I was in eight grade and there was a friend of mine that saw the first episode and she was like, "It's really cool, you know, it's about this girl who gets shot and a guy heals her and then she finds out that he is an alien and all", but I must confess, I wasn't the slightest bit interested. I was like, "Yeah, whatever". I cannot believe I ever thought of ROSWELL this way!!! Then we were in 9th grade the show was up again and she used to talk to me about it and, gradually, I started to get hooked until I got to see my first episode (Departure). And from then on... well, I guess you guys get it. :lol: We talked about the characters, and their quotes, and fanfiction, and Max and Liz's UNFAIRLY not shown first time, and all... and now I am a Roswell fanatic!!! :D

THANK YOU ROSWELL
scifichic
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by scifichic »

katrina wrote:
scifichic wrote:wow i wish my parents would watch buffy with me :\ im not even aloud so i have to sneak and watch it in my bedroom ;] hehe.

-heather
LOL! Yeah, I think my mom has gotten me to watch more shows almost obsessively than I ever thought I could watch on my own. :roll: But at least Roswell was all me.
:þ hehe yeah
-To understand the soul, you have to understand the universe.-

^.- Roswell rocks. heh.
Temptation_K
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Temptation_K »

I got hooked one night after I got grounded...My parents ripped the phone line out of my wall, the cable, and my stereo.. but even though my cable was gone..my tv was there. So i found an antena and watched local networks, and there it was...the epi. where liz's grandma died! THEN I WAS ADDICTED!!!! I never missed an episode after that...Oh wait..i missed Isabels B-day one...I was in the bahamas and i couldnt find a tv anywhere...i was bummed!!!
Touch if u will my stomach
Feel how it trembles inside
You've got the butterflies all tied up
Don't make me chase you
Even doves have pride
Ms. Anonymous
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Ms. Anonymous »

I didn't become hooked to Roswell until the episode Sexual Healing. At first when the previews would come on, I would just ignore them bc they looked real dumb, lol. But a week or two before the episode Sexual Healing, I was in New York with a good friend and she was trying to convince me to start watching Roswell. Well that following week I did and I've been hooked every since. Now my friend teases bc I'm still addicted and she's not. Then, I have to remind her that she was the one who got me hooked in the first place. So it's all her fault.
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

First time I heard about Roswell was in 1999 while I was having the best holidays of my life in the USA.
Husband and Kids were enjoying the hotel pool and I had a little bit of free time from family duty.... and from the wash machine! :lol:
Switched the TV and the first ep I saw was the one where Liz had a date bc of winning a radio contest! and Dido was just amazing....Let say I was enthralled: I always loved SciFi!
Had to wait 1 1/2 year until Roswell rejoined Europe.... :? :roll:

EVE :wink:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
martine
Addicted Roswellian

Post by martine »

we were in France then and my sister used to tape every episode for my children to see it...i found out the serie after them, that was the fabulous SH. i liked it very much and i saw it 3 times after that...and that's it...i was scotched to the serie as i never was before
the way he looks into her eyes.....
Lessie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Lessie »

I was in the States when Roswell first aired back in '99. I saw the promos and since I love sci-fi..., the show looked really interesting and promisng. Plus, I saw Jason and Shiri in one of the first promos and thought they looked so good together and they just oozed chemistry. Heard Here With Me by Dido and loved the song and it seemed so perfect for the show. I watched the first episode and was hooked. Jason and Shiri just drew me in. Their chemistry and connection was so great that I couldn't help but tune in. Needless to say, ever since then I've been a Roswell obsessor. *lol*

Lessie :D
People accuse me of being arrogant all the time. I'm not arrogant, I'm focused. I don't make demands. I don't tell you how it should be. I'll give you f***ing options, and it's up to you to select or throw 'em away. That should be the headline: If you're insecure, don't f***ing call.
-Russell Crowe
galaxy_gyrl
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by galaxy_gyrl »

When Roswell first premiered.. I watched it.. the name alone guaranteed that, cuz I am a sci fi freak

But then I moved to another state.. and we didn't have cable... and where I moved too, WB was only available as a cable channel

Fast forward some years... I picked it up again while on maternity leave with my daughter.. the sci fi channel would show it everyday.. somedays it ran back to back all day...

I've never seen it straight through though.. It's been in bits and pieces.. I need to get the DVD sets so I can finally see it from start to finish
Roswell4ever1
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswell4ever1 »

I've been hooked from the first episode. I had been looking forward to it starting for months and when it did, I became obsessed! :D