Rebels

Do the conventional couples just not float your boat at times or at all?? Polarists, GZers, Rebels, Loyalists, and all other UCers---this is the place for you guys...

Moderators: jbangelo, Forum Moderators

Max
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Rebels

Post by Max »

Does anybody like Max and Tess?? I like them as a couple but unfortunately I don't know any fics about them and I don't have any fan arts of them. If someone could help me and tell me where I can find something about that couple, please :lol: ?

I like that couple because this is something more interesting than Max and Liz, I think it's more complicated and more beautiful. It's real destiny. And they look great tougether. She was by his side when he need it the most, when every one left him. She always belived in him. Maybe if Nasedo wasn't her "father" she would never betrayed him...
fetch
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by fetch »

Yes yes. I agree completly.
Ladeia3
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Ladeia3 »

I didn't really like Tess when she was on the show but lately I've been thinking "what if" and would like to read some good M/T fics where she isn't evil but now that I'm actually interested in keeping an open mind in regards to Tess I can't find any. I use to run across Rebel fics just about everytime I looked at Roswell fiction but now that I'm actually wanting to read them... I can't find them anywhere. Does anyone know of any sites or links to some good Rebel fics?
fetch
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by fetch »

MethodicWays
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by MethodicWays »

It's really hard to find Max/Tess or even Tess-friendly fics. I've been trying to ad some Tess to this board. I tend to be Liz-friendly in all my fics even if Dreamers aren't nice to Tess in theirs.
Check out my other fanfics at MethodicWays@FanFiction.net

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

~Rebel~CliffHanger~PoleCat~Twisted Destiny~Wild Child~Outsider
DMartinez
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by DMartinez »

I'm working on something. '-) Most of it is typed. It's a one parter and very much a Max/Tess thing. By next week, it should be ready for posting. Don't expect a heavy plot though. '-)
Athenea
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Athenea »

I hated tess when she first appeared but then towards the end of second season I was like 'what the hell, might as well get used to her'

And yes she killed Alex but I don't think it was intentional and I tell you one thing....if I had grown up thinking I would soon find my family and not be so alone anymore and I finally found them and they treated me the way Max, Micheal, and isabel treated tess I might kill somebody too. :twisted:

They were aweful to her, granted she got off to a bad start with trying to make them remember but hell, if my family didn't recognize me right away I might go to some extreme measures too
AngelicFairy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by AngelicFairy »

I hated tess when she first appeared but then towards the end of second season I was like 'what the hell, might as well get used to her'
I never hated Tess, at first she was just... there. You know? I wasn't a Dreamer so her presence didn't enrage me as it did for some. Then the second season happened and she just rocked. No two ways about it. Her scenes with the Valentis were some of the best.
And yes she killed Alex but I don't think it was intentional and I tell you one thing....if I had grown up thinking I would soon find my family and not be so alone anymore and I finally found them and they treated me the way Max, Micheal, and isabel treated tess I might kill somebody too.
I don't think it was intentional either. And when I think about it I really feel for the character of Tess. She was left alone for most of her life with a man who knew no emotions. And was promised to be reunited with her family one day (Max, Isabel & Michael). Then she turns up in Roswell, learns that Max loves another girl deeply, Michael & Isabel don't even particularly like her. And Maria & Alex? They are Liz's friends so it's obvious where their loyalties lie. Really, I'm not surprised she betrayed them in order to get to Antar and try and get a better life- She had very little to lose. The only people she was really close to were Jim & Kyle.
They were aweful to her, granted she got off to a bad start with trying to make them remember but hell, if my family didn't recognize me right away I might go to some extreme measures too
Well exactly. They were her family, and Max was the guy she was supposed to be with.... It was probably heartbreaking to learn that he loved another girl and Michael & Isabel didn't really trust, like or accept her.
I'm working on something. '-) Most of it is typed. It's a one parter and very much a Max/Tess thing. By next week, it should be ready for posting. Don't expect a heavy plot though. '-)
What it is, a NC-17 fic? Or just a little "innocent" Max/Tess ficlet? :)
I didn't really like Tess when she was on the show but lately I've been thinking "what if" and would like to read some good M/T fics where she isn't evil but now that I'm actually interested in keeping an open mind in regards to Tess I can't find any. I use to run across Rebel fics just about everytime I looked at Roswell fiction but now that I'm actually wanting to read them... I can't find them anywhere. Does anyone know of any sites or links to some good Rebel fics?
Sorry, I've read very few rebel fics. I tried once but a good percentage of them had Michael/Isabel feelings in them which was a major off-putter for me. I'm sure the Rebels on this thread can give you some good recs though. :)
Ladeia3
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Ladeia3 »

The problem with the whole Alex murder/deal with the enemy is that there was no leading up to it. It didn't make sense. Tess wasn't evil until the Departure episode. There was no leading up to it or Tess doing shady stuff before hand. Plus, to mindwarp Alex for months, everyone that would have to have known about his trip, and the I know an Alien club would have taken incredible power and well Tess wasn't that powerful and when the heck would she have had time to do all of this. She was doing things with Max and Kyle and had school. She was living with the Valentis so when would she have had time to do all of this. If she was mindwarping everyone why wouldn't they have suddenly remembered when Kyle started remembering. Sure I didn't like her at first but that had to do with me being a dreamer. But with Tess being Max's wife from a previous life etc it was hard to go back and just pretend that it didn't matter. I didn't watch alot of season 2 when it was on because I knew that Max & Liz would never be the same even if Tess left. I bought the S2 DVD set and started watching and I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed Max and Tess scenes together and how Max and Liz scenes were really starting to annoy me. I guess for some reason I'm now realizing Tess was the victim and the one I should have been feeling sorry for not Liz. Liz was the other woman not Tess. Liz had a great life while Tess was on the run most of hers being raised by someone that didn't strike me as the most loving. She grew up believing her husband was waiting for her only to find out he wasn't. She grew up believing that Michael and Isabel would be her family and best friends and they barely tolerated her on good days. I wish now that Tess had been given a better chance and had stayed on the show. It would have been interesting to see her and Max's relationship grow. Plus I really started watching Roswell because I was interested in the scifi angle. Max being involved with Liz meant he could ignore his alien side and pretend to be normal. I liked that when he was with Tess he stopped trying to deny his alien side. I would have loved to see more about their past lives. How they lived on Antar and what their people were like. Too bad they didn't go that route on the show. It would have been more interesting than watching Busted or I Married An Alien. O

Okay, end rant. I guess I had more to say than I thought.
Sensue
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Sensue »

Tess is my favorite character. Honestly, I was bored with Liz.

I just kept thinking, she was meant to be with Max. It was destiny. (I just wish I knew more about Zan/Ava's life together on Antar.) What type of relationship they had as a married couple.

As for fanfiction, I CAN HELP!

I couldn't find any good Tess/Max fictions either, so what I did was go on a MASSIVE search on fanfiction.net...then set up a Community (C2). So, all the fictions I found are listed on the Roswell Community Boards. ---Here's the LINK: http://www.fanfiction.net/c2/14756/0/1/

There are 20 stories listed as of now. (I'm hard searching for more to post.) The unfortunate thing is...fanfiction.net WILL NOT let me post any Rate R stories or higher. So some great stories couldn't be posted on the list.)

I've also posted a story: It's called "Forever Waiting".... http://sensue.net/purpleskies/foreverwaiting.html

So, I hope that this helps!