Second Time Around (AU M/L Adult) (Complete)

This is the gallery for the winners of the fanfic awards to show off their fics, and their banners!

Moderators: Itzstacie, Forum Moderators

Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

...Hope this lives up to your expectations...sometimes I wonder if that's even possible...but you guys are so great!!...Here we go.....

Chapter 59b

***This will switch between Max and Liz’s POV***

The Wedding of Max and Liz

Liz

This is it, the moment of truth. All I have to do is get out of this limo and walk down the trail of white and pink roses that lead to the man of my dreams. I see the photographer has already arrived which I am eternally grateful for. He had another wedding today but I explained the whole story to him and so he sent his assistant to start the other wedding until he was finished with ours.

“You okay?”

“Yes, I’m great. Thank you. I know that I’m not technically your daughter, but I’ve never had a father not really anyway, not one that treated me like his own. And I just wanted to say that I have always thought of you as mine. I had often wished that you were, that I could be a part of your family, and because of Max I will be.” I tell Philip who is seated beside me in the limo. I asked him to give me away since I don’t have parents that give a damn about me at this point in my life, and he was my first and only choice.

“Liz, you have been a blessing for this family. I know that you have had it rough, but you still smile and you still love and if I didn’t know anything else about you I would know from that alone, that you are a special and unique individual. I watched you grow and I can say that I’m so proud to have you be a part of my family, you have become a beautiful and intelligent woman and my son I know will love you for the rest of his life, as I know you will as well.” I smile and I’m trying to fight back the tears that are threatening to spill and just wrap my arms around him. He hugs me back and then tells me,

“Liz I may not have made you but I am your father in every way that counts and if you ever need anything I am here for you not matter what. Now, no time for crying we have to get you married.” We both sit back and laugh.

Max

I see the limo pull up and I know she’s in there, she’s going to be so beautiful I know for a fact there is no doubt in my mind. The trail she has to walk down isn’t that long so it won’t take her long to get here but I can’t help but think if she doesn’t get out of that car soon I will have to meet her half way at least.

She picked a beautiful location for the ceremony. Where I stand right now is just above a cliff that looks out across the ocean. The sky is blue and there isn’t a cloud in site, it’s the perfect day. My mother, Isabel and Maria are to my right, while Michael, Damian and Alex stand to my left. The minister is standing behind me. I close my eyes for a brief moment and take in a deep breathe. I never wished for anything more in my life than this moment and I say a silent prayer thanking the heavens above for it.

I see the chauffer exit the front of the white stretched limo and walk around to the passenger’s side. He grabs the handle and opens it up a second later I see my father exit and look right at me and smile. I take in a ragged breathe in complete and total anticipation of seeing her.

I see her hand being held out for my father to help her then I see her bare feet and I just laugh to myself. Last night she told me that she would be barefoot and I thought she was playing but obviously she wasn’t.

Then I see her and the tears spring to my eyes and I can’t control them. I take in a deep breath and let it out quickly over and over, trying to hold back onslaught of tears. She looks amazing; the most beautiful…more beautiful then there are words to describe. She is perfect, she’s smiling at me and I smile right back and mouth to her that I love her. She returns the sentiment and smiles brightly.

Her hair long brown hair is flowing in cute spiral circles around her face and she has a diamond tiara on top of her head with a veil attached and her dress is…wow!

It doesn’t take her long to reach me and it takes all my willpower not to wrap my arms around her. The tears are swimming in her eyes and I can’t help but reach out and grab her hand. My father places a kiss on her cheek and then moves to place both our hands together, and then steps away.

We turn and face one another giving each other a teary smile before facing the minister.

“Dearly beloved…”

Liz

I should be paying attention to what is being said but I can’t help but steal glances at Max, he looks so amazing. He’s so handsome as is, and maybe I’m exaggerating but he looks especially handsome and gorgeous to me right now. I turn and place my pink and white bouquet of roses in Maria’s hands before I turn and face Max.

I had Isabel hold Max’s wedding ring I picked out today and the box that Michael gave me, which I found holds my wedding ring that Max had made for me. It took a lot for those girls to keep it from me, but when I went to pick out my ring, they all steered me away and that’s when I knew something was up. However I have not looked inside the box and I can’t wait to see Max’s face when he sees it.

The minister wants us to exchange our vows and rings at this time. Both Max and I discussed last night if we wanted to write our own vows, but I told him that if he really wanted to we could, but that I thought the idea of having the traditional vows said, vows that generations of people have said across hundreds of years would mean more to me. They are sacred and they are pure and simply perfect in everyway so why mess with perfection right?

I turn to my left and Isabel is standing next to me holding out both her hands, one containing a small black velvet box the other holding a similar light pink box. I looked up at Max and see the surprised look on his face and I just smile. He now knows that his ring, the ring he had made for me will be placed on my finger today.

“How did you?” He whispers to me and I smile and motion my head in the direction of Michael. Max simply nods and gives me his sexy half smile. He reaches out for the pink box and removes the ring.

“Maxwell will you place the ring on Elizabeth’s finger? And repeat after me.” Max looks into my eyes and repeats each word with such sincerity and adoration in his voice. I know he means every single word and will hold true to them.

Max

I can’t say that I wasn’t really happy and relieved when I saw that familiar pink box, holding Liz’s wedding ring. I owe Michael big time for this one. After I say my vows Liz is in total and complete tears and I wonder if she will be able to make it through hers. But like the strong person I know she is she pulls through, she removes the ring from the box and turns me.

She takes in a deep breath and says her vows, and then places the ring on my finger. I quickly reach out and grab both her hands and hold them. I’m trying to not break down; I just need to keep it together for a little longer.

“I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss your bride.” A second later I lift her in my arms and kiss her. Our lips connect and it’s like electricity is flowing through both of our bodies. It feels perfect and right.

She’s mine, and I’m hers forever.

Liz

Our first kiss as husband and wife will be forever imprinted on my memory. It was soft, yet filled with such passion and love.

“I love you Liz.” He leans his forehead against mine.

“I love you Max.” I lean in and taste his lips once again and close my eyes making a silent prayer thanking whoever is listening for this wonderful moment and this great day.

When we step apart everyone is clapping for us and we turn and smile at all of them, I take my bouquet back from Maria then Max takes his bent arm and holds it out for me I quickly slide my arm into it and we take our first walk as husband and wife and I can’t wipe the smile off my face.

When we reach the limo, the chauffer opens up the door to let us in. There is another limo behind ours that will bring everyone else to the restaurant.

“God Liz that was just amazing.” Max pulls me into a tight embrace and I rest my head against his chest.

“I know I’m so happy you liked it. And the look on your face was priceless when Isabel held out that box.”

“I know, I couldn’t believe it, that was the only thing that was bothering me, but you told me it would work out and it did. So do you like the ring?” He asks me and I realize that I haven’t even really looked at it. I pull away and settle back against my seat and place my flowers on the seat next to me and hold out my hand to admire the ring.

It was beautiful to say the least. It was a platinum band with ten princess cut white and pink diamonds, and it matched my engagement perfectly. I looked up at Max who’s anxiously awaiting my answer.

“It’s gorgeous I love it Max! Thank you.”

“Your welcome baby.”

“Do you like yours?” I ask because he hasn’t commented on it yet, and I’m wondering if maybe I should have chosen something else.

He looks down at his, and it’s a platinum polished band with four tiny white diamonds scattered across it. I wanted to find something different, but Max is not a jewelry wearing kind of guy so this was simple yet very masculine. It was max.

“I love mine too. Thank you.” He leans in and frames my face with his hands and pulls me into a kiss. This one was similar to our kiss just minutes ago, except he slips his tongue out and traces my lips before sliding it against mine.

When we pull away, the limo comes to a stop and I notice we have arrived back at the hotel. And I tell Max that I wanted the photographer to take a few pictures before we have dinner.

“Sounds good.” He tells me and helps me out of the limo and we see everyone else is pulling up right behind us.

Max

After we take our pictures separately and then together as a family, the photographer moves back into the hotel and we all follow in line for dinner. At this moment though I could care less about dinner, but I know that she is probably starving so I can wait to be alone with her.

“I would like to propose a toast.” Maria stands up and walks to the end of the table where Liz and I are seated. We all hold our glasses of champagne in our hands awaiting her next words.

“To Max and Liz, the two people on this earth that would do anything for their family and friends, but most importantly for each other. Your love for one another amazes me day after day, I hope that you will forever be in love just the way you are now and have always been. You have come a long way; the both of you together and separately, just never forget how perfect and beautiful you are together as one. So I just want to say congratulations and I wish you a lifetime of happiness.” Both Liz and I rise and give Maria a kiss on her cheek thanking her for her kind words, and then we clank our glasses.

“To Max and Liz!” Everyone says before taking a sip of their drinks. I turn to Liz and see that she’s drinking water?

“Liz why are you drinking water? Do you still not feel good?” I ask her concerned she looks perfectly fine. She just reaches her hand out to caress my cheek and tells me she’s perfectly fine.

“So long as you’re sure.”

“I’m positive Max, now how about we have our first dance?” She motions to the center of the room and I see there is a small stage with a man sitting at a piano and other standing with a guitar and Maria? What is she doing up there?

“Ah Liz?”

“Shh Max, this is my second surprise.”

“Oh so now we’re doing the surprise thing are we?”

“Yes, you got your chance, now it’s only fair that your wife gets a chance.”

Wife.

That is like music to my ears. It’s the first time she has said it. I lean in close and whisper in her ear.

“I love to hear you call yourself that, my wife.” She turns and looks up and smiles, and then pulls me towards the stage.

Liz

I hope he likes this next surprise because I took a lot of time with it, but not as much as Maria did. I had an idea early this morning after Max fell asleep and I just watched him and thought about everything he meant to me and where I would be without him. So I wrote it all down, all my feelings.

I asked Maria about it in the morning to see what she could do with it, or what she thought I should do with it. And she took it from me and told me, that it should be our wedding song. I looked at her like she was a crazy person, but then she started singing the words and it took my breath away, I couldn’t believe she was singing my words.

I pull my husband out to the dance floor and I can’t say it doesn’t make me all giddy to call him that.

“Max, before the music starts I want you to know one thing.” He looks down at me and pushes a curl away from my eye.

“What’s that my lovely wife?”

“Every word that you will hear it true, it’s how I feel, how I’ll always feel about you.” He just smiles and pulls me closer and places a kiss on my forehead.

“Liz?”

“Yes?”

“You look so beautiful and I didn’t get to tell you that.”

“Thank you. You don’t look so bad yourself handsome” I say shyly to him, the compliment still turns me into a shy schoolgirl who acts like her crush just spoke to her for the first time.

The music starts and moments later Maria’s soft voice can be heard. Max pulls me closer and we begin to sway from side to side.

Max

As long as stars shine down from heaven
And the rivers run into the sea
Till the end of time forever
You're the only love I'll ever need

In my life you're all that matters
In my eyes the only truth I see
When my hopes and dreams have shattered
You're the one that's there for me

I hear the words, her words to me and I have a so many emotions running through me; happiness, heartache, pain, desire, hope and most of all love. The incredible love I have for this petite brunette I am holding in my arms.

When I found you I was blessed
And I will never leave you, I need you

Imagine me without you
I'd be lost and so confused
I wouldn't last a day, I'd be afraid
Without you there to see me through

Heartache and pain, because I know that if we didn’t have it, then we probably wouldn’t be standing here together today.

Imagine me without you
And you’ll know it's just impossible

Because of you, it's all brand new
My life is now worthwhile
I can't imagine me without you

When I met you I was falling
You're love lifted me back on my feet
It was like you heard my calling
And you rushed to set me free

Desire, which is what I hope to feel for her always and hope that she will feel for me.

Imagine me without you
I'd be lost and so confused
I wouldn't last a day, I'd be afraid
Without you there to see me through

I hope that I will never leave her wanting for anything and that I am able to keep her happy for the rest of her life.

Imagine me without you
And you’ll know it's just impossible

Because of you, it's all brand new
My life is now worthwhile

Before the song finishes I bend my head and capture her sweet lips in a kiss, a kiss filled with promise.

“I love you Liz, thank you that was…it was just…incredible.” I am truly left speechless by the song, the words just knowing they were hers to me is just so special.

“Your welcome.” She was in tears and I quickly reached up and swiped them away.

“Don’t cry sweetheart, so how about we have some dessert and then I take you away?” I ask her wiggling my eyebrows at her, and she leans into me and tells me,

“Hurry.”

Liz

We cut our cake and take a few more pictures and bid goodnight to everyone, telling them we’d see them in the morning and make our way back to our room.

We reach the door and Max scoops me up in his arms and carries me over the threshold, kisses me and closes the door without breaking our contact.

He gently places me down on my feet, which are still bare. In fact I have to say that not wearing shoes was a great idea, my feet don’t hurt at all, not the way I know they would be screaming had I worn heals. The other thing that helped is that the restaurant was carpeted and the walk from the limo to Max was a short distance and that was covered with roses, so all in all it wasn’t bad.

Max crosses the room and opens up our balcony doors and stands outside staring up at the night sky.

“Is this real?” I ask him, because even though I know it happened it just doesn’t seem real. He turns to me and lifts me in his arms and carries me inside, without saying a word and places me on my feet. He then removes his shirt and shoes, and raises his hands to remove my veil, then wraps his arms around my waist pulling me flush with his body.

“It doesn’t get any more real than this baby.” He whispers out to me before he latches his lips onto my neck. I moan out softly, missing the contact for all those hours and wanting it for so long all day.

“Are you ready for your next surprise?” I tease him.

“Liz I knew we were going to make love tonight, so if that is your surprise I’m sorry but that’s not a surprise.” Oh he wants to be cocky now doesn’t he? I’ll fix him.

“Oh no, the surprise was that we weren’t going to. I figured we could just lay in bed and hold each other.” I say with the straightest face I can muster up. He looks a little devastated but swallows thickly before telling me all he needs it me.

“So I guess I better take off this dress huh?” I say to him stepping back a little. I can see the change in his features; he knows I’m messing with him now.

“No, I guess I better take that dress off now.” He pulls me back against him and slides his arms around my back and begins to unzip my dress. It falls to the floor quickly and easily.

He looks at me and kisses me once again, this time I can feel the need growing, the desire growing inside of him. I slide my hands between our bodies to undo his pants and slide them down his toned muscular legs. Then proceed to kiss his chest, his neck working my way up to his lips.

“Liz. God, I need you.” He throws his head back giving me better access and I pull away panting.

“I need you too.” Without another word he lifts me up gently and places me in the center of the bed, before shedding his boxers. I bite my lip in anticipation of his touch.

Max

She’s so perfect and cute. She lays in the center of the bed biting her lip she probably has no idea how much that turns me on. I lean over her body and remove the last of her clothing, sliding it down her trim legs.

I kiss her from head to toe and back up again, her body is on fire and her desire is growing, her body is thrashing left and right. I don’t make her wait long though.

When our bodies join, we let out a sigh of pleasure. I move inside of her while exploring every curve of her body. My name on her lips drives me crazy. I capture her swollen wet lips with mine and bring our bodies closer to the brink, while devouring her mouth.

I tear my lips away from hers panting from the pure pleasure and feel of her body pressed up against mine, the feel of being inside of her there is nothing that compares. I kiss her lips once again, the underside of her jaw, her neck everywhere I could reach.

I know she’s close and so am I, so I speed up a little and I feel her body shudder underneath me and her lips cry out my name over and over, that’s just what I needed to fall over with her, crying her name from my lips.

I collapse on top of her and then roll over to my side taking her with me. I kiss her once more and tell her I love her. She smiles and tells me she loves me too before she closes her beautiful eyes and falls asleep.

Liz

I roll over and look at the clock to see what time it is. I feel like I’ve been asleep for hours, and when I see what time it is, I realize it has been hours. Five long hours, as a matter of fact.

I roll over to feel my husband is still lying beside me. I slowly run my hand down the side of his cheek and kiss him gently before getting out of bed. I look at him for another moment before I turn and place my robe on before I step outside on the balcony.

Last night was perfect, we made love for the first time as husband and wife and it was amazing. He was so gentle and in tune with my body, and me like he always is.

I look out onto the ocean and see the moonlight reflecting and I take a minute to do exactly that, reflect. On all the events that have lead to this very moment in my life, and how sometimes I had wished that everything was different, but now I know better I wouldn’t change one single thing.

“So what is my lovely wife up to so early in the morning.” I smile without turning around, I feel his strong arms wrap around my waist.

“Nothing, just wondering when you would wake up so I could give you your last surprise.” He smiles against my neck and drops a sweet kiss on my shoulder before turning me around.

“I’m up, so tell me Mrs. Evans what’s my last surprise?” I take in a deep breathe, look right into his eyes, not breaking contact with them, and then remove one of his hands from my waist and slide it down to lay flat against my abdomen and stop.

His eyes look into mine for a confirmation, but all I can do is let the tears slip from the corners of my eyes.

“Liz.” He says in awe. Then he places a kiss on my lips and holds it there for a minute and I can feel his tears drop on my cheeks and I know he understands.

“You’re going to be a daddy Max.” I smile against his lips; I know he’s in shock so he doesn’t pull away just yet he just kisses me again. Then closes his eyes and drops to his knees.

“I love you more than you’ll ever know Liz. I just…I love you so much, thank you.” He says before he’s over come with tears, he wraps his arms around my waist and rests his head against the place our baby lays.

TBC…

The song used is called: Imagine Me Without You by Luis Fonsi Album - Eterno
Last edited by Behrsgirl77 on Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

Chapter 60 – Epilogue

2 Weeks Later

Liz

When we arrived home from our trip, Max and I went to the doctor for our first appointment. Max had asked me when I found out, and I told him that day I passed out on the beach, the doctor had me take a blood test and they discovered that I was pregnant. I told him that I wanted to tell him right away but thought it would be better if I waited a few days. Either way he didn’t care so long as the baby and I were okay, which we are.

Today Alex and Isabel got married in a small ceremony at their home. We are having dinner at our house, mainly because we have a dining room that can seat at least twenty-five people comfortably. That was Max’s big thing with this house; he said we needed a dining room big enough for everyone to sit at, especially at Christmas and Thanksgiving. I agreed to it, so long as we could also have an informal one to use on a day-to-day basis.

We finally have the other house up for sale and managed to get all our furniture over to this new one and I’m happy to say I only have a few more boxes to empty out.

Alex wasn’t so sure about getting married at the house, but it was what Isabel wanted more than anything. Alex would never let her down so he was happy about their decision in the end.

Since Max won’t let me carry anything I am currently seated at the dining room table just waiting for everything to be brought out by the caterers. I was simply going to help in the kitchen and well I was just getting in the way, so when Max saw all these people swarming around me with sharp objects he thought it would be best for me to sit this one out.

“Liz are you okay do you want anything?” I turn and see Maria has entered the room I smile at her and tell her I’m fine, but I did want to talk to her.

“Sure, what’s up?”

“I just wondered what you were doing about the wedding?” She and Michael have been back and forth on it ever since we arrived back home and have yet to come to a compromise.

“We talked about it more last night and have come to a decision.” She says seriously to me.

“And that would be?”

“We aren’t going to get married…at least not yet.” I look at her and I’m confused as hell right now. But she doesn’t look upset.

“Maria, are you okay with that I mean…”

“Yes Liz, I’m not ready. I mean I want to marry Michael but I can’t decide what the hell I want and I don’t want to have any regrets so we are going to wait. Not long, just kind of step back from the situation for a little while before we revisit it.” She smiles brightly at me and she is probably right. It’s too much pressure for her right now.

“I can’t believe it Liz, you are going to be a mommy! I can’t wait! I’m going to be an Aunt again, I wonder if it’s going to be a boy or a girl.” I rub a hand across my tummy and smile.

“I just want the baby to be healthy, and Max and I aren’t going to find out until the baby is born to see what it is.”

“Really? I don’t think I could hold out that long?”

“Yeah I didn’t think so either, but we talked about it and thought, there are very few miracles you get out of life and having a baby is one of them, so we want to wait until the end to find out.”

“Aww Liz, you are going to be a great mom.”

“Thank you Maria, I hope so.” She pulls her hand out and places it on top of mine and squeezes it gently.

“You will, I have no doubt.”

“And how is my wife and baby doing?” Max comes in carrying a tray of fruit for me. Good cause I’m starving.

“We are good and hungry, is that for me?” I point to the tray he is holding in his hands.

“Of course who else loves pineapples and strawberries enough to eat a tray of them?”

“Ha, ha Max keep it up.” He leans in and places a kiss on my lips.

“Dinner will be out in a little while, so don’t eat it all Liz.”

“I won’t, but they are so good.” I say while stuffing a pineapple in my mouth. He just shakes his head and leaves me with Maria.

“Liz, Maria there you are!” I turn just as I pop a strawberry into my mouth and see Isabel and Alex at the doorway.

“Hey!” Maria says, I can’t really say too much cause my mouth is otherwise occupied at the moment. So I just smile.

“We wanted to get a picture of the whole family outside, you think you guys can come out in a few minutes?”

“Sure, yes that would be great!” I tell them, the Maria and I make our way outside. I take a seat on the back steps and take a look around at my family.

I see Max and Michael playing with Damian. I can’t believe how big he has gotten, hell he’s almost as tall as me and continues to grow by the day. I rub my stomach once again, letting my hand linger a few minutes.

Maria and Diane are in the far corner talking to the photographer. Philip has joined Max and Michael in playing a game of football. I have to roll my eyes, they are all wearing good clothes and are rolling around in the dirt. Isabel is going to have a field day with that one.

Surprisingly though, Isabel and Alex could care less because at this moment Alex is holding his new bride closely. They are locked in a staring match then I see Isabel smile and lean in to kiss Alex softly. They turn and see Damian rolling and Isabel goes into full mom mode, getting him off the ground then ripping into the guys for allowing him to get all dirty before the pictures. Isabel runs into the house with Damian to get him washed up.

I look around once more after Isabel and Damian return and it looks like the photographer is about ready for the picture. I see that Maria and Michael are holding hands and smiling at one another.

They are so good for one another and I know their time will come, they will get married and it will be perfect, so long as Maria can shrink down that four hundred-guest list. I shake my head and laugh to myself.

I place my hands together on my lap and intertwine my fingers that’s when I feel my engagement ring graze my other hand. I look down and twist it back into place and I remember. I never looked at the inscription.

I quickly remove my ring and turn it over so I can read what it says. I lift it up so I can see it better and I begin to cry immediately over what is says. I take a quick look around and place the ring back on my finger and then I see him.

My love.

My heart.

My soul.

I walk over to him and throw my hands around his neck and seal my lips against his.

“Hey, you okay? Why are you crying?” He asks me as I pull away and he swipes the tears from my eyes.

“Never better Max. I love you and I wish there was another word, another phrase to express that to you, but there isn’t so I’ll tell you this, as long as I have a breath in me I will be forever yours.” He smiles and kisses me only pulling away when we hear the sound of someone clearing their throat.

“Okay was the honeymoon not long enough? I mean I know it was cut short because we had to come home but it has been two weeks and…”

“Shut up Michael.” I hear Maria say from behind him and we all start laughing.

“Time for the picture!” The photographer shouts and we all get into position to take the picture.

Max places his arms around my waist and stands behind me, Maria in front of Michael, Alex behind Isabel, with Damian standing in front of Isabel, Diane and Philip on either end. We all smile into the camera as the picture is taken, the photographer tells us he wants to take one more. So we all stand still while he sets up the next shot.

Max leans in and whispers in my ear, “I see you took off your ring, did you read it?” I simply nod.

“It was my last promise to you Liz.” I turn slightly and look up at him and tell him, “I know Max.” I lean up and kiss his lips quickly before turning my attention back to the photographer who is telling us to get ready.

We all smile into the camera once again all happy at this one moment we are all where we are supposed to be. I can’t say it will always be like this, but just knowing that this kind of happiness exists I know that if we ever loose our way again, we can get back. I have to believe that with all my heart and I do.

I gently rub my hand across my ring once more, just touching it and smiling at the words I saw, the words the man who has made me the happiest I have ever been in my entire life, the father of my child, my lover and my best friend.

Max Evans has given me a lifetime of memories and I know this isn’t the end; it’s simply the beginning of a long and happy life.

Forever, that was his last promise.

THE END

A/N - So this is the second story I have ever written and it's completed. I can't say that it doesn't feel good, but I am very sad to see it go. I put a lot of myself into this story and the characters. And when I wanted to just give up because I didn't think I could get the story out of my head to make sense on the screen, your feedback kept me going. So I won't run down the list of people, because you all know who you are, that helped me and listened to me play this story out a hundred different ways. And I want to thank each one of you that have taken the time to read this story and leave such incredible feedback or PM's. And a special note to the lurkers of the story, I know you guys are out there and I'm glad you read and I can only hope that you enjoyed it. Most of all thank you to everyone that came along for the ride and stuck with me even when you wanted to pull your hair out (you know who you are :wink: )

One last thing...Some of you may have questions on how I ended the story or why I didn't show certain things. The only thing I can say is, I needed to be happy with the ending of the story not only as the author but as a reader, therefore I wanted to give myself the opportunity to revisit this story later on, but even if I decide not to I think the ending leaves you with enough to use your imagination. I truly hope you enjoyed it! Thanks!