Love Storey (ML, AU, Adult.) 1/1 [COMPLETE]

This is the gallery for the winners of the fanfic awards to show off their fics, and their banners!

Moderators: Itzstacie, Forum Moderators

nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Love Storey (ML, AU, Adult.) 1/1 [COMPLETE]

Post by nibbles2 »

Winner Round 14

Winner Round 13

TITLE Love Storey (Yes, it's spelled that way deliberately. I am not a noob who cannot spell story)
RATING It's probably teen but there are some references to sex so I'm erring on the side of caution and labeling it Adult.
PAIRING Max and Liz. Yes, that's right, Max and Liz.
DISCLAIMER I don't own Roswell or any of these characters. They belong to Jason Katimes etc.

Author note Because three fics on the go weren't enough for me, I decided to write a fourth. And a Max and Liz one to boot. However this is only a one shot.

This is for Alison.

Banner by Lauren.

Friday night

“Oh God… Oh yes, yes, Michael, oh yes, yeeeesssssssssssssss.”

Liz Parker groaned and wrapped her pillow around her head, trying fruitlessly to block out the sounds of her best friend getting happy in the room next door. She wanted to die of embarrassment. Nobody should have to listen to their best friend like that. As the sounds of Maria and this Michael guy increased, Liz tossed her pillow aside and climbed out of her bed.

“Fuck, yes, that’s it Michael, right there, don’t stop. Oh Goddddddddddddd.”

She had intended to try and sleep on the couch in the living room but as she stepped out of her room, Liz realised that wasn’t going to happen. A pair of jeans lay in the doorway of Maria’s room, which had prevented the door from closing. Consequently, Maria’s sounds of pleasure, amplified by the bare wooden floors, were louder in the living room.

“Oh yessssss, that feels so good. Oh, Michael, oh Michael.”

Liz groaned again and went back into her room to wait it out. The noises grew louder, more rapid, more lewd. Until finally….

“Fuck, YESSSSSS.”

Offering a prayer of thanks to God or whoever, Liz climbed back into bed and pulled the covers over her head. Slowly, the embarrassment of the situation faded and Liz’s eyes drifted shut. Just as sleep took her…

“Oh Mariaaaaa, fuck. That’s so good.”

Liz’s eyes flew open in horror and she jumped from the bed as if it was on fire. She grabbed her sweater and climbed out the window of her bedroom onto the balcony outside.

It was cold outside, and the only place to sit was a rickety old wooden deck chair but it beat the massive discomfort of staying in her room and listening to the horndogs.

“So, this is fun.”

Liz yelped in surprise, looking around for the source of the voice that had spoken.

“Down here.”

She peered over the rail of her balcony to the storey below. And almost swallowed her tongue. On the balcony beneath her was the most beautiful specimen of manness that Liz had ever seen. He was simply heavenly. There was just no other word.

“Uh… hi,” She stammered.

He smiled at her, a brilliant smile that turned her into a puddle of goo. “Hi, I’m Max. I moved in here a few days ago.”

“I’m Liz.”

“Nice to meet you Liz. I’m sorry about my friend.”

Liz frowned in confusion. “Your friend?”

Max raised his index finger upwards. “Michael. That’s my friend and room mate up there with your room mate.”

“Oh… Well it sounds like they’ve hit it off.”

“It sure does,” Max agreed.

From inside the apartment, came the sound of Michael roaring in ecstasy. Max and Liz laughed awkwardly.

“Wow, he’s loud,” Liz giggled. “Are you right below them?”

“Yeah, and judging by the sounds of the bedsprings coming through the ceiling, I’m directly under your roommates bed. I had to get out for fear they were going to come down through the ceiling and land on top of me.”

“That sucks.” Liz shivered and pulled her sweater tighter.

“Cold?” Max asked.

“Yeah. And I’m afraid to go back in there.”

Max reached behind him and grabbed a blanket from the chair on his patio. He balled it up and looked up expectantly at Liz. “Ready?”

“No, I’ll drop it,” Liz squealed in protest. But Max threw the blanket anyway and Liz had to lunge over the side of the balcony to catch it. She managed to snag a handful of the blanket and hauled it up onto the balcony.

“You throw like a girl,” she huffed as she wrapped the blanket around her shoulders.

“Is that so? In that case, I want my blankie back,” Max pouted.

“Come and get it,” Liz taunted.

Max gave her a look that gave her butterflies in her stomach. “Don’t tempt me.”

Liz had to look away from him, the way he was looking at her… instead she looked up at the sky. “Hey, it’s really clear tonight, you can actually see the stars. Look, there’s Aries.”

“Which one?” Max asked, looking upwards.

“See that one, the bright one?”

“The shiny, bright, twinkly one?”

“Yes, that’s it,” Liz exclaimed.

Max laughed. “Liz, they are all shiny, bright and twinkly. All seven billion of them.”

“What? No, ok, you see that one over there. The one that looks bigger than the others?”

“Is that not the moon?”

Liz squealed with laughter. “Ok, let’s start with the moon….”

They passed the next two hours laughing and talking as Liz tried to teach Max the basics of astronomy and he deliberately played dumb.

Eventually, they began to feel sleepy again and Max dared to stick his head through the bedroom window. “I think they’ve finished,” he concluded.

“Well, I guess we should go to bed,” Liz sighed. “I mean, to our own beds. Not to bed with each other. Because we just met and…”

She looked down at a laughing Max. “Shut up. I’m tired.”

“Good night Liz.”

“Good night Max.”

Saturday night

“Oh God, Michaellllllllllllll, oh yes, yes, oh yes.

“Oh no,” Liz groaned, burying her face in the pillow. She listened to about thirty seconds more of the loud moaning from the room next door, willing herself to ignore it. As soon as the headboard of Maria’s bed began to slam against the wall, Liz knew it was a lost cause.

Then she remembered, Max.

A minute later, after brushing her hair and applying shiny lip gloss, Liz was climbing out onto her balcony with Max’s blankie in her arms.

“But wait, what's that light in the window over there? It is the east, and Liz is the sun.”

“Max,” she sighed in delight. She leaned over the edge of the balcony and smiled down at him. He was wrapped up in a blanket, perched on a deck chair and looking for all the world like he was quite comfortable.

Not wanting to appear too eager to see him, Liz tried to act grumpy. “This sucks.”

“It’s not so bad. I kind of like it actually,” Max shrugged.

“What? We’re hanging out on our balconies at one in the morning, in the freezing cold.”

“Yeah, we’re hanging out. I had a lot of fun last night,” Max confessed. “You know, when Michael was bragging about having a date with the girl from upstairs I thought it was you. Last night when I heard him and, Maria, is it?, going at it, I was really pissed. But then you emerged onto the balcony. Untouched by my best friend. It was great.”

A huge smile lit up Liz’s face. “You knew who I was?”

“Yeah, I saw you getting on the elevator a couple of times. You probably didn’t notice me because I was behind boxes every time. And I knew that you lived on the floor above us because I watched to see what floor you got off the elevator on.” He ducked his head and grinned bashfully. “God, how much of a stalker do I sound?”

“You’re not in stalker territory yet. Keep talking,” Liz giggled.

“Ok,” Max laughed. “I saw you in Starbucks too and I was going to say hi but then you got a phone call and by the time you hung up I had chickened out.”

“Aw.”

“Yeah, and then Michael mentioned that he had met the girl who lived upstairs and asked her out. It broke my heart.”

“But it turns out he’s banging my room mate instead,” Liz reminded him.

“That’s true.”

They laughed and blushed simultaneously.

“So, Shakespeare?” Liz prompted.

“Yeah… he wrote a couple of plays. Thought he was appropriate for the occasion.”

“Sure, but then, when is teenage suicide not appropriate?” Liz joked.

“Never,” Max agreed solemnly.

“We did a version of Romeo and Juliet in high school. It was set in the sixties. I had the cutest dress and one line. I was so jealous of Pam Troy. She got to be Juliet and wear a fabulous white lace night dress for the balcony scene.” Liz looked down at her ‘Hello Kitty’ pyjamas. She cringed in embarrassment.

“Give me ‘Hello Kitty’ over white lace any day,” Max told her casually.

Liz blushed again, but this time her lips curled into a smile.

And so the second night passed in much the same way as the first, they laughed and talked until long after Michael and Maria had worn themselves out and gone to sleep. It was almost three in the morning when Liz slipped through the window and climbed back into bed.

Sunday night

For the third night in a row, Liz was woken from her sleep. This time however, she was asleep on the couch in the living room. She had fallen asleep watching TV.

“Sorry sweetie, did I wake you?”

Liz lifted her head off the pillow and wiped drool away from her mouth. She looked at her friend enviously. Maria was dressed up and looked as fresh as a daisy. “Are you going out?”

“Yeah, Michael and I have a date. He’s taking me out to dinner. Do I look ok?”

“You look great,” Liz grumbled. She sat up and rubbed her tired eyes.

Maria frowned and peered at Liz in concern. “You look like shit, are you sick? Do you want me to stay home with you? I’m sure Michael wouldn’t mind staying here, we could watch a DVD together.”

“NO.” Liz shouted. “It’s fine. I’m just tired. I haven’t been sleeping well lately.”

“Oh, that sucks. You should probably lay off the coffee,” Maria suggested.

“Good idea,” Liz yawned.

There was a knock on the door and Maria checked her hair one last time. “Ok, I’m going now. Are you sure that you’re alright by yourself?”

“I’m fine. I’m going to have an early night. Have fun.”

Though she had intended to go to bed after Maria left, Liz fell back asleep on the couch.

She was woken a second time by the sound of knocking on the door. In her sleep induced haze Liz thought that Maria had just left minutes earlier and had forgotten her keys or something.

Liz stumbled towards the door, still wrapped up in her blanket. When she opened the door, to find Max on the other side.

“Max!” She screeched in shock. Her hands flew to the birds nest atop her head.

“Hey, I’m new to the building and I thought that I’d introduce myself,” he grinned.

Liz swallowed nervously and opened the door for him to come in. “Uh hi.” She discreetly wiped her chin, praying the drool she felt wasn’t as obvious as she imagined.

“It’s nice to see you face to face,” Max told her.

“Instead of looking up my nose?” Liz joked. “I wish that every time we met I didn’t look like a sleep deprived zombie. I actually look pretty decent when I’m dressed and have brushed my hair.”

Max looked her dead in the eye. “I think you are the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen. Even with drool on your chin and a bird’s nest on your head you are the most beautiful girl I’ve ever laid eyes on.”

Liz stared at Max in disbelief for about three seconds, then she dropped the blanket to the floor and threw her arms around his neck. Their mouths met in a bruising, scorching kiss. Within minutes they were tearing each other’s clothes off and groping their way to Liz’s bedroom.

They didn’t get much sleep Sunday night either.

Monday morning

Liz stretched her arms over her head as she walked into her kitchen on morning. She caught sight of her reflection and laughed at her appearance. Her hair was a total disaster. It would take hours of combing to untangle it.

She switched on the coffee maker and poured a glass of orange juice to sip as she waited.

The door of the apartment opened and Maria came in. She was wearing the same clothes as the night before, but with a man’s shirt over her dress and carrying her heals in her hand.

Maria dropped her shoes on the floor and slumped onto a stool at the breakfast bar.

“OJ?” Liz offered.

“Please.” Maria took the offered glass and drank it down. She yawned loudly. “I am so tired.”

“Did you stay at Michael’s last night?” Liz asked.

Maria nodded and yawned again. “I take it that Max stayed here?”

“Um, yeah. We’re dating now.” Liz smiled.

“That’s great, I’m really happy for you Liz,” Maria said. She yawned for a third time. “But you guys need to learn to keep it down. You’re really loud.”
Last edited by nibbles2 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Itzstacie
Forum Moderator

Re: Love Storey (ML, AU, Adult.) 1/1 [COMPLETE]

Post by Itzstacie »

bump