Double Trouble (CC, AU, Adult) [COMPLETE]

This is the gallery for the winners of the fanfic awards to show off their fics, and their banners!

Moderators: Itzstacie, Forum Moderators

sarammlover
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Double Trouble (CC, AU, Adult) - Part 126 - 6/27/10

Post by sarammlover »

I am so glad Jeff made that step to reconcile things with Liz. I am glad Max was there for support and it looks like things might work out!! Tess cracks me up....she is crazy and a little wild but man, she and Kyle are just perfect for each other. Those two are what dreams are made of....seriously. And what can I say about Michael and Maria that hasn't already been said...they are perfect together...so damn perfect. And I am glad they forgot about the bet....they need to just realize no-sex bets don't work for them. Can't wait for the next update!! Hugs, Sara
rosyrosy2882
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Double Trouble (CC, AU, Adult) - Part 126 - 6/27/10

Post by rosyrosy2882 »

first of great update! now im gonna break each one down :)

M&M:
Im so happy they called truce on that no-sex bet(: hahah, i love how they make these little ridiculous bet things. they are such a funny couple but too cute for each other! Im happy that they are planning to live together and that Mike's not afraid of talking about a fam(: yay for the candy couple :D

T&K:
LOL :lol: thats its. they make me laugh soooo hard XD they are the funniest couple ever! they are so different but because of that they are so perfect for each other! hahaha, and i love how tess just cut his boxers off. :lol: silly girl (:

M&L:
God, i love them so much (: they are like the dream - hahaha dreamer couple :lol: - couple. But this was about Liz and her dad and i am so happy that they got some things sorted out! and i think it will be really good on both of them if Liz's dad and her mom werent together anymore. cause its causing so much trouble for them, its just sad. so im happy that that decision is gonna be made. but you know what would be better? if her mom would realize that sean and liz werent meant to be together. and they would be happy and all, but like liz's dad said, thats not the only problem.
and poor sean! i wish his dad would let his mom see him. i mean sean is still their kid! poor poor sean :( i just hope someday his mom wont take anymore of his dad's crap and go visit her son. cause he really needs his family.
ohh, haha and max and his coffee. :lol: it just makes me laugh every single time! hahaha(:

over all, AMAZING update- as usual- and i cant wait for more!
rosy (:

Thanks to RoswellOracle for this beautiful banner (:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Smut Smut Smut Smutter <3 (:
Double Trouble
Obsessed Roswellian

Double Trouble (CC, AU, Adult) - Part 127 - 7/1/10

Post by Double Trouble »

keepsmiling7: Nope, it definitely has nothing to do with her and she’ll reach a point where she’ll believe that. Max will always be supportive of Liz. :)

mary mary: Lol, mothers are funny that way!

Thanks! Our Candy couple knew it was ridiculous and they found a way out of it. :) Yup, Max rocks, just no way around it.

Jeff and Sean’s mom, huh? That’d be interesting. Nope, we don’t think you’re ever too old either. We totally agree that Nancy and Darren are a good match!

Natalie36: Thanks for reading! More characters will be stopping by soon.

Eva: Lol, very cool. Keep that thing tuned up!

Thanks! We’re glad you enjoyed the moment.

Alien_Friend: Sean could use some support from his parents, but it’s unlikely that he’ll be getting it from his father. His mom popping in for a visit would mean a lot to him.

Things are looking good for Liz and Jeff.

Looks like our couples are really growing up and looking into the future.

Thanks! Yeah, it only made sense for the two of them to give in without ever really acknowledging that they were letting the bet go.

Cardinal: Lol, Maria would have a cow, wouldn’t she?

Liz will find a way to deal with it and she’s got some great support to help her get there.

Kyle probably should’ve mentioned that they were his lucky shorts…

begonia9508: Thanks!

Yes, as far as Tess knew they were just the ugly, ratty boxers Kyle couldn’t let go of.

We’ll see…

Earth2Mama: We all knew that M&M couldn’t keep up with that no-sex bet for too long, lol. They’re just too horny for that.

Maria will be so happy to see her mom, we’re sure about that.

Jeff has made mistakes in the past, but he’s finally coming along and he’s willing to change his life to be a better dad for Liz.

sarammlover: It’s tentative, but Jeff and Liz are working on their relationship. Yup, Kyle’s gonna have his hands full with Tess, but we’re pretty sure he knows that… and we suspect that he can handle her. Yeah, that whole no-sex thing… never gonna last for long with Michael and Maria, lol!

rosyrosy2882: Ah, ya knew that bet wasn’t gonna last long, lol. But chances are good that with these two it won’t be the last ridiculous bet they make. Michael’s made a lot of progress since the beginning and their future’s looking pretty bright.

K&T can be pretty funny. Opposites attract, right? Yup, we’ve got the proof! Lol, yeah, Tess just had enough of the old ratty boxers… guess next time he should explain that he’s keeping ancient boxers around ‘cause they’re for good luck!

M&L… we’re glad ya love ‘em! Liz and Jeff did take a few steps forward and hopefully they’ll take more as time passes. Yeah, we’re thinkin’ Jeff and Nancy have most likely gone as far as they can go as a couple. Nancy will have to deal with her own issues and resentments before she can come to that realization. Sean could really use some support from his parents, but it’s a pretty sure thing that Darren has no intention of dealing with his son now that he knows the truth. Only time will tell where his mom is concerned.

Max and his coffee… a relationship only coffee aficionados can understand and appreciate, lol.

Well, we’ve got more comin’ up!

Part 127 – Picking Up the Family

Michael groaned in his sleep when the alarm went off on his cell phone. He reached around for several seconds before he finally found it next to him and he turned it off. He frowned when he turned around and found an empty sleeping bag. Where the hell was she?

He rubbed his hand over his eyes and sat up slightly, resting the weight of his upper body on his arms behind him. He smirked when he saw Maria just getting out of the water, wearing a black bikini.

“Hey, sleepyhead,” she greeted him and ran her hands through her wet hair.

“What’re ya doin’?”

“I’ve always wanted to bathe in the ocean at early morning,” she told him and picked up the towel she had gotten from the back deck earlier.

“You’re insane, woman.”

She sat down next to him, trying to avoid dripping water on the sleeping bag. “Isabel and Alex already left for her doctor’s appointment and they’ll go over to the beach house after that. So, Karen and I decided that you guys could drop us off over there before ya head to the airport.”

He wrapped his arm around her and tugged her up against him, ignoring the water dripping all over him and his bag. “What about the others?”

She snuggled up against him and smiled when the water didn’t bother him. “Brooke wants to come with us to the beach house and Liz asked if we could give her a ride over to your place to meet up with Max since we have to get Brendan anyway.”

“Guess that means Karen too?” He rolled his eyes. “Four girls packed in my car... it’ll never be the same.”

She giggled. “C’mon. It’s just a few minutes drive from here.”

He yawned widely. “Guess that means I’ve gotta get up.” He wrinkled his nose. “I need a shower.”

“Come on,” she stood up and offered her hand, “Alex is already gone, so we can take a shower together.”

“Yeah, ‘cause we’re gonna make it through a shower without an interruption.”

“Don’t wanna shower with me?” she pouted.

“Didn’t say that, you crazy girl,” he denied as he kissed her. “Just sayin’ my little sister is likely to start poundin’ on the door at the wrong moment just because she wants to be a little shit.”

“Well, then we shower at your apartment,” she suggested with a grin. “And let her wait in the car.”

“But, I’m all... sticky,” he complained. “And it’s all your fault.”

She let her head hang. “Alright, separate showers then.”

“I guess I could take a quick dip in the ocean but I don’t have anything to wear out there.”

“Go naked then.”

He grinned and pushed the top layer of the sleeping bag back. “Didn’t think I’d do it, did ya?” he hollered as he jumped to his feet and ran out into the ocean.

She watched him, laughing. “Crazy boy.”

“Holy shit, that water’s cold!” he howled as he hurried out a few minutes later, hands cupped over his shrinking dignity. “Jeez, I’m not sure that’s good for the family jewels.”

She held the towel that was wrapped around her open. “Come here.”

He walked into her open arms and plastered his cold body up against her. “I know it feels colder than it really is, but damn!”

She closed her arms around him together with the towel. “You’ll be warm again in no time.”

“Don’t lemme get too warm,” he growled against her neck. “Mike Jr. comes outta hidin’ an’ I’m gonna have a helluva a time containin’ him until I can get into a shower.”

“Awww, too bad,” she teased and pressed her body against him tightly.

“You are sooo not right for that, Maria,” he grumbled when she rubbed against him provocatively and Mike Jr. decided to stand up and salute. “Guess that damn water wasn’t THAT cold.”

“Looks like someone’s getting pretty hot pretty fast,” she said with a satisfied smirk.

“Hey,” an annoyingly familiar voice shouted, “how long’re you guys gonna keep us waitin’?”

“Told you the kid has no sense of timing,” Michael growled.

Maria turned to look at Michael’s little sister, shaking her head. “Leave us alone for a second, would ya?”

Brooke tapped the face of her watch. “We were supposed to leave like 10 minutes ago. Alex said you’d make sure I had somethin’ to eat.”

Michael glared at the teenager. “Either you get your ass back up to the house and give us a few minutes to get ourselves together or I’m gonna show you a full moon in the middle of the mornin’,” he threatened.

“And if you aren’t even able to get something to eat on your own I think we should suggest to Alex that it probably isn’t such a good idea to let Luke stay at the party tonight,” Maria teased.

“Go ahead... I’ll tell him you were bein’ recreationally naked on his beach last night.” She rolled her eyes at them. “You guys better c’mon,” she yelled over her shoulder as she walked back up to the house.

“She can be so damn annoying when she wants to be.”

“Tell me about it.” He shrugged his shoulders. “And then ten minutes later she’ll turn around and be so sweet you forget all about how annoyin’ she can be.”

“I’ll make sure to stay close by whenever Luke’s around her,” Maria said with a saucy grin.

“Tonight might just be Brendan’s turn to keep an eye on them.” He kissed her and smiled. “I think you’re gonna be otherwise occupied.”

“I hope that includes sex,” she whispered playfully and ran her lips over his neck.

“Be a helluva way to ring in the New Year, wouldn’t it?” He shivered at the feel of her lips teasing his skin. “Course, that’d be tough to work out with family and friends all around us.”

“So, no making out the whole day AND night?” she whined. “I don’t know if I’ll be able to do that.”

“Hell, no, I didn’t say that! I was just sayin’ that havin’ sex at midnight on New Years’ Eve would be pretty cool. We’ll be able to steal away for a few minutes here an’ there durin’ the day... just don’t think we could manage bein’ alone at the stroke of midnight.”

“I think I can live with that.”

He nodded. “Alright, lemme try to get into my jeans before it becomes next to impossible.”

She sighed. “Okay.”

“Well, unless you had other plans for Mike Jr. ‘cause I’m good with that too.”

“How much time you think we have before your annoying little sister comes out again?”

“We told ‘er to get lost... she’s smart enough and adult enough – don’t ever tell her I said that last one – to know what we meant when we said we needed time to ourselves.”

Maria smiled and stood on her tiptoes to brush her lip against his while she pressed her lower body against him again. “We can do it... quick.”

“I can do quick... not that I brag about that all that often.”

She held the towel together with one hand as the other wandered down to slide along his length. “I’m already more than ready, baby.”

He groaned as he kicked the top cover over and carefully tumbled her back down on the bag. “I am gonna be so worthless for the game,” he mumbled, kissing her as he thrust inside her and they quickly fell into a hard, fast rhythm.

“Michael,” she breathed as she came and held onto him.

He shouted his own release and collapsed against her, catching his weight on his forearms at the last second. “God, I do love you,” he whispered hoarsely.

“God? And here I though ya loved me?!” she teased.

“You’re funny.”

She smiled and wiped some water from his face, little droplets that were running down from his still wet hair. “I love you, Michael. You have no idea how much.”

“I might have an idea. ‘Cause if it’s anywhere near as much as I love you...” he shook his head. “It’s a lot.”

She smiled and kissed him quickly. “We should get up. For real this time. I hate to say it, but Brooke is probably right. We are already late.”

“Ungh, alright... but I want real food today and I don’t wanna see so much as a leaf of lettuce on my plate at all when we’re eatin’.”

“You’ll get whatever ya need for your big game, baby. Are ya nervous about it?”

“About the game? Huh-uh, I’m ready for that.” He reached up to scratch his eyebrow. “It’s the rest of the day that I’m a little... ya know, nervous about.”

“I’m pretty sure it’ll turn out great. We’ll manage it together.”

He nodded and concentrated on pulling his jeans on. “I guess we’d better hurry if we’re gonna feed the kid, pick Bren up, drop you girls off, and get to the airport around 11am.”

Alex sat in a comfortable chair by the examining table calmly waiting for the doctor to make her appearance. He was glad they were in this room and not one of the others; the first time they had come in he had gone into the room with Isabel and been certain the examining table was some sort of medieval torture device. At least he now knew what all of that painful-looking equipment was for, but he was perfectly happy to wait for her here where things seemed to be fairly normal.

Isabel had recognized his discomfort and had spoken with the doctor and now when they came in he waited here for the initial examination to be completed and afterwards she would join him and they would wait for the doctor together. He glanced at her when she leaned back, lying down and looking up at the ceiling.

“Are you sure you feel up to everything you’ve volunteered for today?” he asked.

“I’m fine, Alex,” she assured him. “I’m starving right now, but other than that, I’m fine.”

“We’ll stop and get somethin’ to eat as soon as we leave here. You did leave a list with Brooke, right? The girls were gonna run pick up the stuff from the grocery store and you’re basically just supervising everything?”

“Do you remember that talk we had?”

He picked up a magazine from the counter and settled back in his chair. “Shuttin’ up now.”

She chuckled and reached out to shove his shoulder. “You realize you can be an ass when you wanna be, right?”

“Yeah, but you still love me,” he said, grinning at her.

“You two are a constant source of amusement,” Dr. Jankowski said as she stepped into the room and shut the door behind her. She was a short woman in her late 30’s with dark hair, green eyes, and a quick smile.

“Well, we like to keep it light when possible, Dr. J,” Alex said with a grin. He had butchered the doctor’s name the first few times he had tried to say it so she had told him to just use her last initial. “So, how’s my girl?” He reached over to rest his hand on his fiancé’s belly. “And our little guy?”

“Everything looks great; Isabel and the baby are both doin’ fine.” She looked over the notes on the clipboard in her hand. “You’re still certain it’s a boy?”

Isabel rolled her eyes. “He’s certain it’s a boy. I think I’ll wait for more solid proof.”

Alex snorted. “I’m tellin’ you Hector’s a boy.”

“Hector?” Dr. Jankowski asked, biting back her laughter.

“We’re not actually naming our baby Hector,” Isabel denied.

“Well, it’s still a bit too early to tell if you’ll be having a boy or a girl, but you’re right at your 12th week, so maybe you’d like to hear this little person’s heartbeat?”

Alex sat up straighter, magazine forgotten as it slid to the floor unnoticed. “Really? We can hear it?”

The woman nodded. “If we’re lucky, yes.”

Alex watched intently as Isabel moved her shirt out of the way and the doctor spread some kind of clear, thick gel over her lower abdomen. He glanced up at his fiancé when she hissed and he realized that the gel must be cold. He leaned in closer to touch the stuff and he frowned at the consistency. “That’s gross,” he mumbled to himself before realizing that he had spoken out loud.

“Says the guy who doesn’t have to have it on his stomach,” Isabel said, amused.

Dr. Jankowski grinned and handed him a tissue when he looked around for something to get rid of the blob of gel on his fingertips. “Here, that just doesn’t look right.”

Alex cleared his throat when the woman teased him and he watched with interest when she collected some sort of portable machine from a cabinet. “We’re gonna hear the heartbeat with that?”

“Yeah, as I said... if we’re lucky.”

Isabel bit her lips to keep from laughing when Alex leaned so far forward he was in danger of falling off of his chair. He was watching every move the doctor made and she really hoped that they would be able to pick up the sound of the baby’s heartbeat. His hand came up to grasp hers as the doctor gently but firmly pressed the probe to her abdomen, moving it around slowly as she searched for the heartbeat.

“Breathe,” Isabel told him gently.

“Huh?” Alex hadn’t even realized that he was holding it. He froze when he heard the first faint beats and as the sound became stronger he turned to look at Isabel. “That’s our baby,” he said, his voice quiet and filled with awe.

The doctor smiled. “Sounds like we found baby Hector.”

Alex was fascinated by the strength of the heartbeat and even though he’d had time to get used to the idea that they were going to have a baby... it suddenly FELT real to him.

“Amazing,” Isabel whispered and smiled at Dr. Jankowski.

“Wow, that’s just...” he shook his head because he didn’t have the words. He looked at the doctor. “He’s got a good, strong heartbeat... that’s good.”

She laughed at his sureness that the baby was a boy. “It’s really good. The baby’s developing just as it should be.”

Isabel smiled. Alex would love their baby whether it was a boy or a girl, but she just knew he really wanted a boy. Having a teenage girl under his roof who was just starting to date was making him a nervous wreck. Some things might be easier with boys, but she already knew that a boy would just mean a different set of difficulties that would have to be dealt with.

“How about we get ya a nice sonogram picture that you can show your family at home?” the doctor asked.

Alex lifted his head to look at the doctor. “What about the heartbeat... can you like, I don’t know, record it?”

She chuckled. “No, sorry, I don’t have that particular equipment here.”

Isabel glanced at the doctor. “I was reading in one of the magazines in the other room that they make portable monitors that do record the heartbeat... I think it said they can be purchased by the public, is that correct?”

“Yeah, but they can be pretty expensive.”

Alex made a mental note to do some research just as soon as he had the time. “It’d be cool to have his heartbeat recorded, wouldn’t it?”

Isabel nodded. “Yeah.”

He looked up at the doctor. “Stuff like this doesn’t hurt Isabel or Hector, right?”

“No, don’t worry about it.”

“Wow, this’s just...” He looked at Isabel and grinned. “We did that,” he said proudly.

She laughed. “No doubt.”

He looked at the doctor again. “So, it’s gonna be a few more weeks before we know whether Hector’s a boy or a girl?”

“It’s different with everyone. With some women we can’t say for sure during the whole pregnancy.”

“Well, I guess it doesn’t really matter either way, it’d just be kinda cool to know.” He leaned over to kiss Isabel gently before turning to the doctor once more. “Okay, you said everything’s progressing normally and they’re both fine, right?”

Dr. Jankowski nodded. “Everything’s alright. You can party into the New Year.”

Isabel shook her head at the doctor as she reached out to cover Alex’s mouth with her right hand when he started to speak. “Yes, she said party, but you do not need to seek clarification about alcohol or anything else.”

The doctor walked over to the desk and picked up her appointment calendar. “Why don’t we set your next appointment at the end of January?”

Alex was already pulling his cell phone out and opening up the calendar.

“Would January 30th be alright? How’s 2pm?”

He glanced at Isabel, making sure that was good for her before he nodded and noted the time and date in his calendar and set it with reminders.

“Alright,” the woman glanced at her watch. “My next appointment should be here by now. Have a nice day, enjoy the New Years’ party, and I’ll see you in a month. And if anything doesn’t feel right or you have any concerns don’t hesitate to call me, okay?”

Isabel nodded and thanked the doctor, assuring her that they knew their way out. She sat up and turned to look at her fiancé and the father of her child. “It really felt real to you for the first time today, didn’t it?”

“It was that obvious, huh?”

“I guess I hadn’t really thought about it, but mother’s have a physical connection with the baby... the father doesn’t have that, so it’s gotta be different for you.”

“It probably is,” he said as she stood up.

“C’mon, we have a big lunch to put together and you promised to feed me first.”

Brooke glanced up from the counter she was standing at, reading the newspaper when the door to the back deck was opened and Michael and Maria came inside. She drummed the fingers of her right hand on the countertop. “Took ya long enough,” she grumbled, still wondering how two people could still be so horny after they had already spent so much time together.

“None of your business, brat,” he told her.

“Did ya already eat?” Maria asked when she walked into the kitchen and took a green apple out of the basket on the table.

“Yeah, I was starving, and I suppose you two already had breakfast,” she made a disgusted face.

“Where’s Liz?”

“Jeez, Max already picked her up like an hour ago,” Brooke said. “So can we leave now? We’re running out of time. Brendan’s already called to ask where we are. He’s already back at his apartment to get his car since you’re gonna need two cars for the big family. Problem is, me an’ Maria are gonna need a car as well since we’ve gotta do the grocery shopping.”

“How is that a problem?” Michael asked as he moved things around in the refrigerator, looking for something to eat.

“Well, Alex took the truck to go to the doctor with Isabel, Brendan and you need your cars for the airport...”

“Is Kyle pickin’ his family up from the airport?” He had probably mentioned that little bit of information but Michael couldn’t remember.

“Max mentioned that his parents showed up at the apartment this morning and they went somewhere together. They’ll come to the beach house after lunch.”

“Okay, well... what about Max? He’ll be with Liz anyway so take the jeep; he’ll let you use it.”

“Well, maybe you should call and ask him then, smartass,” Brooke told her brother.

“Why should I call and ask him? I’m not the one needin’ to make a grocery run at the last minute.” He shook his head and pulled stuff out to make bacon and eggs. “Don’t give me any shit,” he said when he turned around and realized they were both staring at him. “I’m hungry.”

“Uh-huh,” Maria took a few steps to bring her up next to him. “You do realize that we have no time for this now?”

“Maria, it’s gonna take like 15 minutes to fry up a couple pieces of bacon and scramble a couple eggs.”

She glanced at his watch. “You have five.”

He shrugged, unconcerned. “I’m eatin’ before we leave.”

Maria rolled her eyes. “Great. Plan a sparse lunch then ‘cause we’re running outta time.”

“Hell, there ain’t gonna be anything sparse about lunch,” he denied. “And, I’ll even slap this together on a couple pieces of bread so I can eat it on the run.”

“Gimme your phone so I can call Max.”

“Just call Liz,” he muttered with a grin. “She’s got him by the balls an’ he’s gonna do anything she wants.”

“Just like you,” Brooke teased when Maria went to get her phone from the living room.

“Shut up,” he growled as he grabbed his phone and followed after Maria. “I’m just kiddin’, baby. You want me to call Max?”

Brooke rolled her eyes. “She sooo has you by the balls as well,” she muttered.

“Hey, Maria,” he called as he stepped into the living room. “Seriously, I don’t mind callin’ Max.”

Maria waved him off since she was already talking to Liz on the phone.

He grimaced and hurried back into the kitchen to make sure his breakfast wasn’t burning.

Brooke grinned at her brother. “You’re so pussy-whipped, Michael.”

He rolled his eyes and turned the bacon over in the pan. “Did you want somethin’ to eat?”

“I already ate.”

Great, that wasn’t gonna distract her then. “Well, don’t you have somethin’ you need to do?”

“Uh-huh, grocery shopping if we’re gonna make it outta this house anytime soon.”

“Then go make a list or somethin’.”

She pointed at the sheet of paper lying on the counter. “Already done.”

“Take the dogs out.”

Maria walked into the kitchen again. “We can get the Jeep. He’s at our apartment though, so we have to run by there to get it.”

“I would’ve called him,” Michael said, hoping she wasn’t pissed.

She rolled her eyes at him. “When? After beggin’ you?”

Maybe it was time to just throw the towel in before she really did get pissed. Right now she was just ticked off, but all it would take would be one wrong move to push her into the red zone. He snatched up a couple of slices of bread, slapped the bacon on them, turned the stove off and turned around. “We can leave now.”

“Gimme the keys.”

He pulled the keys out of his pocket and handed them over, glaring at his sister as he silently dared her to say a single word.

Michael leaned against one of the large support beams in the center of the waiting area outside of the gate Adam and his family would be coming through as he glanced at his watch again. “I thought you said their flight was supposed to land at 11:20am?”

Brendan didn’t bother glancing up from the conservation magazine his nose was buried in as he slouched down even further in his chair and crossed his long legs at the ankles. “I don’t work for the airlines, Michael… I’m just goin’ by what the flight schedule said.” The flight was four minutes late and it had put his brother on edge for some reason. He pulled his cell phone out of his pocket and thumbed a quick text before sending it and shoving the phone back in his pocket.

Give Michael a call… flight’s late and he’s getting cagey.

Michael was shifting around restlessly and considering which unlucky airline employee he should pick to unleash his irritation on when his phone rang.

“What’s up, Maria?” he asked as he flipped it open and lifted it up to his ear.

“Hey, you prefer steaks or spare ribs?”

His irritation quickly faded when faced with such a normal question from his girl. “Spare ribs... you got that sweet an’ spicy sauce for ‘em?”

“Sure. I was thinking about making two sauces. Sweet and spicy and the traditional barbecue. Whatcha think?”

“Um... both. Did you get that potato salad I like? The one they sell in the deli?”

“We actually made your potato salad ourselves.”

“You made it... like, homemade?”

“Yep.”

“Cool.” He turned to face away from Brendan as he lowered his voice. “Flight’s late.”

“Ah, that’s normal. We were late when we went to Lake Tahoe, remember?”

“You don’t think it means anything then?”

“Nah, it means everything’s just normal ‘cause it’s really more of a surprise if a flight gets in on time.”

He nodded, accepting her reasoning and feeling himself beginning to relax. “You guys make dessert too?”

“Of course.”

It seemed like whenever they all got together for anything the girls always made the meal and fussed over every little thing to make sure it went well. He wasn’t really used to that but it hadn’t taken long for him to decide that he liked it. Not that he felt like he should be served because he was a guy or anything, it was just nice to know they cared that much. “Hey, is the Roswell Buddha makin’ that tropical salad thing she made a while back? It had all the different kinds of fruit soaked in rum, remember?”

“Not really a kid’s food, huh? And Buddha girl isn’t here yet. Kyle and her are out with his parents and they won’t be here for lunch, they’ll stop by later.”

“Oh, I just kinda figured she was gonna take somethin’ for the party. S’okay, just don’t tell ‘er I asked.”

“Don’t worry, we’ll have a lot of food over here, big boy. No alcohol for you before the game though.”

He turned his head to the side when he heard an announcement for the flight they were waiting for. “Hey, I gotta go, baby, their flight just landed. Call me if ya need anything, okay?”

She smiled into the phone, glad she had managed to calm him down a little. Her opening question had just been to distract him because they were making spare ribs and steaks anyway. “Alright, drive safe, big boy. Love ya.”

“Love you too, crazy girl, and don’t forget... both sauces for the ribs!” He hung up and shoved his phone in his pocket, wiping his suddenly damp palms against his jeans as he turned to stare at the gate.

“Breathe, Michael,” Brendan said and stood up.

“I’m breathin’,” he grumbled, nearly choking as he released a breath he hadn’t realized he had been holding.

Adam and Nicole were busy watching all of their kids at once as they made their way out of the plane. Nicole pressed Antonia closer to her, trying to soothe her since she had been crying for most of the flight. The little girl wasn’t used to all of the activity and the change in her routine had upset her.

“Shane, Callie, stay close and watch where you’re walkin’,” Adam told them while taking Tyler’s hand. “And keep an eye on Brian, Shane.”

“Aww, Dad, I don’t need a babysitter,” Brian griped when Shane gave him a push from behind.

“I know that, we just don’t want to lose any of you. Keep moving.”

Callie was the first to see the twins and she stopped so suddenly that Brian ended up being squished between her and Shane. “Damn, Shane, would ya look at that?”

“I’m suffocating!” Brian shouted as he fought to get away from his older brother and sister.

“Shut up, dog breath,” Shane said and smacked the back of his head.

“Ow, I’m tellin’!”

“Shane, don’t hit your brother,” Nicole chastised.

“They look like Dad, but like, a long time ago, before he was old,” Callie said.

Adam smiled when he saw the twins a few feet away from them and he glanced down at Tyler when he stood still. “Wanna meet your big brothers?”

Tyler had pulled his tee shirt up and was chewing on the hem as he stared at the strangers. He jumped when someone bumped him from behind and he reached up to rub his head when something hit him.

Adam reached out and grabbed the guy who had just smacked Tyler with his carry-on bag. “Hey, you wanna watch where you’re goin’? You just hit my kid.”

“Uh... sorry, man,” the guy said and disappeared into the crowd.

Michael saw the protective look on his dad’s face and he quickly moved to stop something that could potentially turn ugly. He crouched down in front of the little boy – his half-brother – and he held his hand out to the little guy.

“How’s it goin’, little man?” he asked when the kid stared at his hand curiously.

Tyler glanced up at his Dad who nodded softly before he turned back to Michael. He studied his face for several long moments before a brief smile appeared on the little boy’s lips.

Michael grinned when the kid made a little fist and he automatically copied the gesture, chuckling when the kid bumped their knuckles together. “Gotcha... not so much into the handshake thing. Don’t let that mean guy bother you, buddy... mean people suck.”

Nicole watched, fascinated at how Michael talked to Tyler so naturally as if he had own children.

“Hey,” Brendan greeted her, “let me take that for you.” He took the bag from her shoulder.

“Oh, thank you... Brendan, right?”

He nodded. “Yeah, that’s right. It’s nice to finally meet you. I mean, all of you.”

“It’s nice to meet you too,” Nicole said with a smile. “Your dad described the two of you perfectly.” She introduced the kids and Brendan took a step back when Callie moved towards him.

“What?” he asked warily.

“Is that your magazine?” she asked, nodding at the publication he held.

“Uh, yeah.”

“I have the same subscription.”

“Oh, God, tree-hugger alert,” Michael grumbled and then ruined it with a grin as he stood and slapped Brendan on the back.

“Hey, so which one of you guys has the apartment on the beach?” Shane asked.

“Um, that’s me,” Michael said.

“Are there like lots of California girls out there? There are, right? Like, even in December they’re out there in bikinis?”

Michael grinned. “I’m pretty sure there are. We’re not goin’ to my apartment right now, though.” He glanced at Nicole and Antonia, who was still whining slightly. “Maybe we should hurry so you can lay her down for a while.”

Brendan rolled his eyes when the littlest one spotted the dog tags hanging around Michael’s neck and her whimpers slowed as she reached for them.

Michael followed the little girl’s gaze. “Interested in those huh?” He held his arms out, letting the girl decide if she would let him hold her.

Antonia glanced at her parents before leaning forward to let him take her in his arms and she settled against his shoulder as she grasped the tags and sighed happily.

“You’re getting a set of those,” Nicole said to her husband.

“The girls love ‘em,” Michael told his father with a grin. “I can show ya a good shop.”

“Jeez, if I’d known that was all it would take to settle her down I’d have bought a set of those things months ago,” Adam joked. “I might just take ya up on that.”

“Is the hotel nearby?”

Brendan looked at Nicole when she spoke and he grinned. “Better than that… how’s a beach house with a private beach sound?”

Shane and Callie looked at each other before shouting and slapping their palms together in a high five.

“Wha’s goin’ on?” Brian asked.

“We’re stayin’ at the beach, little dude!” Shane hollered and ruffled the younger boy’s hair.

“It’s cool,” Michael said when he saw Adam and Nicole exchanging a look. “The house belongs to some friends of Kyle’s parents; they really just use it as a summer place.”

Brendan clapped his hands together. “Who’s hungry?”

Adam shook his head when all of the kids started talking over each other. “You’d think we hadn’t fed ‘em in days,” he muttered to his wife.

“Great, let’s get your luggage and head for the beach house.”

The couple followed their children when they took off for the baggage claim area and Nicole chuckled when Callie and Brendan got into a conversation about some endangered species or other and Shane started grilling his older brothers about what kind of cars they drove. Brian jumped into the conversation whenever he could get a word in edgewise and Tyler had been scooped up by Brendan when he had tripped over his shoelaces. Antonia was contentedly lying against Michael’s shoulder, playing with his dog tags.

“This’s gonna be like a vacation for us,” Nicole said with a smile. “They’re enamored with their older brothers and it looks like the twins are at ease with their role.”

Adam smiled as he brought their joined hands up and pressed a kiss to her knuckles. “This’s gonna be a good for all of us.”

They were waiting for the last of their luggage when Michael glanced at his watch. “I’ve gotta run over to another gate to pick someone else up. We were thinkin’ that Bren could take Nicole and the three youngest out to the beach house and Shane, Callie, an’ Dad could ride with me… does that work for you guys?”

Nicole saw the surprise on Adam’s face when Michael called him ‘Dad’ and she realized right away that the younger man hadn’t realized what he had said. “I think that would be just fine, Michael,” she agreed as she squeezed her husband’s hand.

He nodded and glanced over at Brendan. “Okay, and you’ll tell Maria we’re not far behind, right?”

Brendan gave him a thumbs-up. “Got it covered, bro.” He grabbed the last bag they were waiting for as he glanced at Tyler. “You like spare ribs, little guy?”

Tyler ducked his head down shyly and nodded.

“Me too. We’d better get there first or Michael will eat ‘em all.” He grinned when his little brother glanced at Michael and laughed quietly.
Fics: A Xmas Story - A Merry Mt. R. Xmas - Cupid's Revenge - Double Trouble - Double Date - Double Dare - Double Empire - Double Xmas Wish - In The Course Of A Lifetime - Mountains So High - Not A Question At All - Surrender - TIC TAC - Two Double Dates at Xmas
Alien_Friend
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Double Trouble (CC, AU, Adult) - Part 127 - 7/1/10

Post by Alien_Friend »

Aww I love it!! I was waiting for that moment when Adam and his family came off the plane. I love the whole flow of that last scene. Michael and Brendan just fit perfectly. And Michael even called Adam, Dad. How awesome is that!!!

That was sweet of Brendan to text Maria like that so Michael would be calmer.

Fantastic stuff all around!!

Eagerly awaiting next Sunday as usual! Amy is coming yay!
Cardinal
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Cardinal »

Family sweetness all around...except for Brooke, and I'm blaming her attitude on the fact that the twins' biological father and his family were showing up that day. She still has issues with losing her brothers it seems.
"In the Name of the King"
-----Winner, Round 15 - Favorite Lead Portrayal of Liz Parker
-----Winner, Round 15 - Best Use of a Supporting Character (Jeff Parker)
-----Winner, Round 15 - Best New Fic
-----Winner, Round 15 - Best Period Fanfiction
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

That was so sweet! :shock:ol: ... and it's going to be really an exciting and turbulent time with all these brothers and sisters!...
Loved how Michael won his little sister heart who obviously already love jewelry! :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the great part and waiting for more - EVE :wink: :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

OMGness! He called Adam "Dad". :shock:

I can't wait to see Maria's reaction to seeing Amy. :D

edited because at 6:44 a.m. ... my mind is evidently not working so hot :roll:
Last edited by Earth2Mama on Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

that was perfect
sarammlover
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sarammlover »

It literally gave me chills when Michael called Adam dad so naturally....such a tender and perfect moment. I love that this blended family is really going to get a good shot at being happy. I am glad Brenden and Michael are getting to know their real father....who happens to be a real man. Excellent update. And Alex, so sweet and loving....overbearing maybe but with a very huge heart attached. Happy 3 day weekend!! Hugs, Sara
mary mary
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by mary mary »

Ahhhhhh!!!! Now that just makes you warm and fuzzy all over...I love it. Hurry up Sunday.

:D

Ginger

"Age is just a state of mind"...I think that's mine? I could be wrong! I'm old, so sue me.