Good Things Come In Twos (UC, K/Av, FF, Teen) (Complete)

This is the gallery for the winners of the fanfic awards to show off their fics, and their banners!

Moderators: Itzstacie, Forum Moderators

darkmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Good Things Come In Twos (UC, K/Av, FF, Teen) (Complete)

Post by darkmoon »

Winner Round 12

New Banner by Burningchaos

Title: Good Things Come In Two
Disclaimer:The characters of "Roswell" belong to Jason Katims, Melinda Metz, WB, and UPN. They are not mine . If I did, Zan would have lived. It would have been a good day.
Pairing: Kyle/Ava mention of Zan/Liz
Rating: Teen
Summary: Ava hates clichés... especially when she is living one.
Author's Note: This is a side note to The Domestications of Zan. This takes place after The Changing Shape of Alien Sex. This is for Burningchaos, who has pushed and pushed for a purely Kyle/Ava fic. Girl, this is for you!!!

Ava looked down at the little stick. This was a right fuckup. It was also the most cliché thing she’d ever been apart of. Not even that time while she was traveling from Roswell back to New York and helped tip a cow while stopped in Ohio was as cliché as this.

The positive sign on the little white pregnancy test mocked her. She wasn’t sure, being only thirty percent human, that it would have worked on her. But there it was a sign that screamed yes, she was pregnant.

She grabbed the box with the directions on the side again. A negative sign meant no, a plus meant yes. Even a fuckin’ chimp could read it.

With that thought, she walked into the living room. Her chimp, otherwise known as Kyle, was sitting in front of her TV. He was watching some sort of game. There were sticks and a ball, and she turned her head to one side. It was still a mystery to her.

“I think this is Cricket.” Kyle’s eyes never strayed from the TV. Ava hated that he could do that. He said something about his powers being super cool abilities like; making popcorn with a wave of his hand, cooling down a beer with his breath, being able to sense when she was in the room and mentally asking him a question. That conversation always ended with a roll of her eyes and a whap upside his head.

“I have something to show you.” Ava’s voice was strong, which surprised her, because she felt like crying. She had seen her ex-boyfriend/king ‘killed’ by a truck, her family who were killers drag her to the middle of nowhere and had tried swallowing mentos and diet coke. She was no one’s kicked puppy, but here she was scared to death to show her husband a small stick.

Kyle had been the one who wanted to get married. He wanted Ava to feel like she belonged. Kyle had given her nothing but support… and the occasional perverted joke.

He turned, and smiled. “What? New underwear? Are they eatable?” Kyle wiggled his eyebrows.

“No underwear, Kyle. Here.” Ava shoved the pregnancy test into Kyle’s hand.

He looked down. “Isn’t this a pregnancy test? I remember having to walk to The Full Moon Convenient store to buy one for Maria once.”

“YOU SLEPT WITH DRAMA?!” Ava’s eyes went crazed with rage. She wasn’t sure if she was more pissed or hurt.

“Hell no!” Kyle looked horrified, and not at the possessive look in Ava’s eyes. “I… Oh god that makes me sick. She was just scared to death to buy one herself. She figured with her luck she’d bump into Michael. And that was a whole different can of worms, since they were still together, and it wouldn’t have been his kid.”

“She slept around on Michael?” Ava could feel her rage lessen a bit. Not much considering she thought of Michael like a brother.

“I’m not saying it was right. I’m just saying that I got her the test.” Kyle looked back down at the test. “Does this mean we’re having a baby? Isn’t that a little, I don’t know, Days of Our Lives even for us? Seriously! First Liz, now you, who next? Isabel?”

“Is that all you have to say? Hell, at least Zan had the decency to faint on Liz.” Ava threw herself into the couch, crossed her arms and glared at him.

“I’m scared to death, but we’re having a baby!” Kyle pulled Ava into his arms. “Buddha says a new life is to be taken sacred, but allow a man to freak mentally.”

“Buddha never said that.”

“But he would have.” Kyle kissed the side of Ava’s head. “Dad is going to flip. If it’s a boy, I’m teaching him football, basketball and baseball.”

“What if it’s a girl?” Ava raised an eyebrow.

“I’m locking her in her room till she’s forty; because she’s going to be as smoking hot as her momma, and all the boys are going to try to tap that.” Kyle nodded sagely. “I’m not having that happen. She’s my little girl, and I love her too much to allow Zan’s boy to corrupt her.”

“How do you know Zan’s having a boy?” Ava laughed. Only Kyle could piss her off one second and make her laugh her ass off the next.

“If we are going with the cliché, we might as well go all the way. If we have boy, then Liz’s cooking a girl right now.” Kyle nodded. “So says the way of Buddha.”

“What if Liz and I both end up having boys?”

“I’ll love my gay son.” Kyle laughed, as he kissed Ava’s neck.

Ava laughed, and pushed herself off his lap. “So, we good?”

“We are super good, my love.” Kyle leaned forward and nipped at Ava’s neck. “Now, let’s watch something with explosions.”

“I love how your mind works.” Ava grabbed the remote and flicked to an action movie.
Last edited by darkmoon on Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My Author's Page ~ Click on picture

I will never know the sweet love of Milk! ~ Khivar in Through The Looking Glass