TheLegendofDaringElk&HorseDreamer(M/LAdult) End 1/19

This is the gallery for the winners of the fanfic awards to show off their fics, and their banners!

Moderators: Itzstacie, Forum Moderators

Shadowlynxbehr
Addicted Roswellian

Re: TheLegendofDaringElk&HorseDreamer(M/LAdult)AN(p7)12/20

Post by Shadowlynxbehr »

Part 30

Max stood outside of his home with Michael and Jesse on either side of him. His mother, Gentle Otter, stood besides Michael and not too far from them was an even bigger crowd of Udeyona villagers which included Serena, Alex, Tess and a subdued Kyle. All of them were there to witness the hand-fasting of Horse Dreamer and Daring Elk.

Even though it was nearly a week ago that the council had given their permission to the couple, it had taken that long because they had waited for Liz to get settled in with Max and for Serena and Tess to settle in to their new freedom. Plus, Liz and Max had wanted to do the hand-fasting as traditional as possible in the Udeyona way which meant her dress and his outfit had to be made first.

Now Max stood waiting for his bride dressed in buckskin pants and a shirt that had been dyed white. Granted, there wasn’t really a true white for the Udeyona, but it was close enough. His long sleeved shirt had dyed black fringes that spanned from his shoulders to the front of his chest as if he were wearing a fringed necklace even though it was part of the shirt. A feather that bore his mark had been sewn into each sleeve and the front of his shirt. Black laces ran down each sleeve holding them together. Unlike his fancy shirt, the pants simply had black fringes running down the outside of the legs. Even the moccasins he wore were simply white with black lacing.

As the murmuring from the crowd grew louder, Max looked in the direction of Crow Flies home. Since Liz had once been a part of his family, they had all agreed that Liz would dress there and walk from there to Max’s home as part of the ceremony.

Max smiled as he saw Liz approaching with Maria and Isabel on either side of her. Crow Flies and his family walked behind them. Like Max, Liz’s buckskin dress had been dyed white, but the fringes that ran from her shoulders down to the end of the long sleeves were also white. So were the fringes that ran from her waist down both sides of the skirt part of her dress. Even her doeskin boots were white with white fringes down the sides of them.

At her waist hung a thin rope decorated with Max’s feathers in such a way that it created a lovely belt around her. She also wore his feathers around her neck as part of a necklace and small braids were spread throughout her hair with more feathers there.

She glowed as she smiled at him while she walked closer to him. When she was near, Max held out his right hand to her and she slid her left hand into his. They stood facing each other as Crow Flies and Gentle Otter moved to stand on either side of their clasped hands and faced each other too.

Michael and Jesse remained on either side of Max while Maria and Isabel stood on either side of Liz. The village Shaman came up carrying a long thin rope threaded with bits of feathers from all of the members of the Udeyona village. As he held it over his head and asked the Great Spirit to add strength and longevity to the thread, Michael and Jesse each placed a hand on Max’s shoulders. Maria and Isabel did the same to Liz.

The Shaman then draped the rope over the couple’s clasped hands and stepped back to allow Gentle Otter access to the rope. She took her end and wrapped it around Liz’s arm while Crow Flies did the same with his end around Max’s arm.

As they worked, the Shaman explained the significance of all of it.

“Horse Dreamer, your friends lend you their support in your decision to accept Daring Elk as your other half. See that Daring Elk’s family is now binding you to her, in turn you are now a member of their family.

Daring Elk, your friends also lend you their support in your decision to accept Horse Dreamer as your other half. See that Horse Dreamer’s family is now binding you to him, in turn you are now a member of their family.”

When Gentle Otter and Crow Flies finished wrapping the rope around the couple’s arms, they lifted their hands to place one on each of Max and Liz’s shoulders, joining the four friends as the Shaman went on.

“You have accepted each other and now each of your friends and family have accepted you. From this small circle of those who care for you both, runs an even stronger thread of the Udeyona who surround you.”

As he spoke those lines, the crowd gathered closer until Max and Liz were in the center of all of them. Then the Shaman continued.

“May the strength of that thread support you and may you both have a long and happy life together. Know that not only will your friends and family be there for you, but so will the people of your home.

Now, with the blessing of all of us, go and begin your new life together and may the Great Spirit bless you, as we do.”

When he finished speaking, the crowd parted, allowing Max and Liz to make their way to Max’s home. With their hands still clasped and the rope binding their arms, Max held the flap aside with his free hand for Liz to enter first. He followed after and secured the flap into place.

As soon as the flap was closed, the entire village began whooping as drums and flutes sounded nearby. It was now time for the celebration to begin while Max and Liz did their own celebrating inside their home.

When Max turned to Liz after securing the flap, she grinned up at him and wrapped her free arm around him.

“Oh Max! We did it! We’re married!”

He chuckled as he embraced her with his arm. “Yes, we did it!”

He leaned down to kiss her lips, deepening the kiss for a few moments as the music and revelry outside grew louder. When he moved away, Liz giggled.

“I’m glad we’re not the only ones happy right now!”

Max grinned. “Mm, me too, so why don’t we get started with our celebration.”

He bent down and told Liz to step over their clasped hands. When she did, he slid his arm up under her legs and swept her up with his free arm around her back. Liz laughed at his ability to still carry her despite the fact that their hands were still wrapped by the rope.

He carried her through the house until he reached the bedroom. When he set her on her feet at the edge of their pallet, she stepped over his arm again while he went down to his knees. She smiled down at him as he unlaced her boots and helped her step out of them before setting them aside.

Standing up again, he stepped out of his own moccasins before pulling her close to him. Liz tilted her head back, welcoming his lips to hers. As his free hand cupped her head, she parted her lips allowing his tongue entrance to her mouth.

Max deepened the kiss as he let his hand wander down her neck then to the front of her dress where he cupped her breast through the material. Liz’s free hand moved up to tangle in his hair as he continued to knead her breast a little harder.

Both of them could feel the need they had for each other after nearly a week of abstinence, wanting to wait for the hand-fasting before being intimate again. They had both agreed it would be that much more special if they did. It hadn’t been easy, but they had managed to do it, with Liz even staying the night at Crow Flies home the day before the ceremony.

Now that they were together, the urgency was upon them despite the fact that they both wanted to savor each other. So, when Liz moaned, Max playfully nipped at her bottom lip before resuming kissing her.

Soon his hand moved over her breasts, grazing them softly before he moved to undo the lacing that ran from her left shoulder down to the end of the sleeve. The fringes there hid the lacing well, which meant Max had to stop kissing her so he could see what he was doing.

Liz turned slightly, allowing him to undo the lacings there, then she helped him to pull her sleeve from out of the rope bindings without that falling off too. Tradition said the couple was supposed to keep the rope binding on until they had fully consummated since that signaled the end of the hand-fasting ritual. If the rope remained around their clasped hands for the entire ritual, the couple’s union was said to be truly blessed by the Great Spirit.

That was why the dress and his shirt were designed in such a way that they could easily remove the entire thing without disturbing the rope much. Once her sleeve was off of her arm, Max undid the lacings hidden beneath the fringes of her other shoulder. Then he pulled the dress down as Liz lifted her right arm out of the sleeve. Max let the dress drop to the floor before helping her to step out of it.

Liz smiled at him as his eyes drank in the sight of her standing nearly naked before him. While he took his fill, she slipped off the last remaining garment she wore, her loincloth.

As soon as she was bare, she stepped closer to Max and began to undo the lacings of his sleeves. Max helped her to remove his right sleeve from beneath the rope bindings, then pulled his left arm out of the sleeve before pushing the shirt down. With Liz’s help, both the shirt and his pants were pushed to the ground before Max stepped out of them.

Liz grinned at the sight of Max, knowing he’d worn nothing beneath his outfit, not even a loincloth. Max returned her grin before walking her backwards to the pallet. He helped her lay down before pressing his body over hers.

Lifting their clasped hands over her head, Max leaned down to take her lips in his again. As the kiss deepened, Liz lifted her legs and wrapped them around his. Both of them moaned as their intimate areas came into contact with each others.

Max trailed his lips from Liz’s mouth to her neck before settling on one of her breasts. Liz closed her eyes and arched her back, offering more of her breast to his hungry mouth. As his tongue flicked her nipple, Liz writhed beneath him and moaned some more, lifting her hips higher trying to get closer to him.

Taking her free hand, she let it wander over his back, traveling down to his behind, enjoying the way his muscles flexed and the feel of his skin beneath her touch. When Max moved to her other breast and nipped at her nipple, Liz gasped and rubbed her groin over his, trying to entice him to fill her.

When her hand gripped his behind harder, Max knew Liz was getting close. Sliding between her nether lips, he rubbed himself against her clit until she couldn’t take anymore.

“Max…please!” she groaned.

He lifted his head up to look down into her eyes. “I love you, Liz.”

She gave him a beautiful smile. “I love you too, Max.”

With that, he thrust inside of her welcoming depths, eliciting a sigh from both of them once he was buried to the hilt. Liz’s legs wrapped tighter around him and she lifted her hips to meet his increasing strokes.

They continued to look into each other’s eyes until it became too much for them. At that point, Max buried his face against Liz’s neck as her body clung to his.

“Yes! Oh yes! Max!” Liz cried, signaling her approaching end.

Max used his fingers to stroke her clit in time to his quickening thrusts. Liz threw her head back as he reached deep and hard into her body and just when she was sure he’d touched her soul, her body exploded.

“Maaaax!” came her elated scream which seemed to vibrate down his spine straight to his groin. There it exploded out of him and bathed her walls with his seed as his own joyous shout joined hers.

“Lizzzzz!”

Liz held him long after their orgasms had ended, both of them enjoying the aftermath of their lovemaking. Still, Max rolled off of her, pulling her into his chest so that his weight didn’t crush her any longer. They continued to hold each other, sharing kisses and touches until they drifted off to sleep.

Not even the continuous celebrating of the village was enough to keep the happy, sated couple awake. Which was a good thing since the rope bindings finally came undone some time later as they slept. The fact that they had remained on that long was truly a sign that the Great Spirit had blessed their union completely.

As the night grew darker and the celebrating began winding down, the crowd began thinning out. Still, there were several people doing their own celebrating. Even Isabel was still out celebrating with Jesse and their friends despite the late hour.

As soon as she saw the opening, Tess left Kyle with Alex, Serena and Gentle Otter to go and talk to her sister. She knew it would be one of the very rare opportunities for her to do so. Making her way through the thinning crowd, she prepared herself for the talk she was about to have with her sister.

Jesse had just turned to his visibly pregnant wife to ask if she was ready to return home when he saw Tess approaching them. Judging from the look on her face, he knew Tess needed some time alone with her sister. So, he kissed Isabel on the cheek then asked Maria and Michael if he could talk to them alone for a bit.

At his inclination in the direction of the approaching Tess, Michael and Maria both nodded and walked off with Jesse so that Isabel could be alone with Tess. However, Jesse wasn’t too far away just in case his wife should still need his assistance.

Isabel gave Tess a welcoming smile as she came closer, then motioned for her to have a seat next to her. Tess sat down and gave Isabel a smile of her own.

“How are you, Isabel?”

Isabel chuckled softly. “As well as I can be, given my condition.”

Tess’ eyes widened. “Is it getting harder?”

Isabel shrugged. “No more than I would imagine most pregnancies go. It’s nothing bad, I assure you. But sometimes I do wish the time was here for me to give birth.”

Tess nodded. “Oh, I hear you.”

They were silent for a few moments before Isabel spoke up again. “Tess, is there something you wanted to say?”

Tess sighed as she looked up at her older sister. “Yes, actually there is.”

Isabel nodded, but remained quiet. She knew Tess needed time to get it out.

Finally, Tess squared her shoulders and spoke. “First, I just want to say that I am sorry for all the headaches I’ve given you and Jesse these past few months. I…I know that he really does care for you and he’s not as bad as I made him out to be.

I guess what I’m really trying to say is that I took all of my anger and frustration out on everyone I was close to…even Liz, who was always there to take care of me. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m very glad to be out of the village now and going back to my own people, but I shouldn’t have let those things come between you and I. Especially since we spent most of our lives apart.”

Isabel slid her arm around her little sister’s shoulders. “It’s okay, Tess. I know why you did it.”

“Really? Because I…I still haven’t changed my mind about the sav…natives.”

Isabel sighed at her slip. “I know. It’s okay. I’m just glad that you’re happier now. As long as you’re happy, I can be happy.”

Tess nodded. “I am happy for you, you know. I’m glad you found your place in this world Izzy. I know you’ll be okay.”

Isabel smiled. “Thanks, little sister. How about you?”

Tess gave her a nervous smile. “Um, actually. Kyle asked me to marry him.”

Isabel’s smile widened. “Really? Well that’s great. That’s what you want right?”

“Yes, it is. He’s also said that when…when the time is right, we are returning to the East. Alex’s father is going to help…help us get settled somewhere up there.”

“Oh. Oh I see. Well, you always said you wanted to go back home. So, I guess that will be good for you.”

Tess nodded sadly. “It will.” She paused for a moment before looking up at Isabel with tears in her eyes. “Izzy…”

Isabel shook her head. “Now don’t you go worrying about me, little sister. Hear me? I’m going to be just fine out here where I am.”

She took both of Tess’ hands in hers and looked her dead in the eyes. “I mean it Tess. I want you to go with Kyle and find that life you’ve always wanted, okay? I’m going to do the same here. That’s all that matters for all of us. We all need to find our place in this world and if that means you have to go back East to find yours then you do that. Promise me Tess?”

Tess nodded. “I…I promise.”

Isabel smiled. “Good.” She let go of Tess’ hands and pulled her in for a hug. “I’m going to miss you, but I know you’ll be okay.”

Tess hugged her sister tighter. “I’m going to miss you too Izzy. I love you.”

Isabel nodded. “I love you too, Tess.”

They hugged once more before Isabel let her go and watched as she returned to Kyle’s side. It was a few moments more before Jesse joined her again.

“Are you okay?” he asked.

Isabel nodded as she looked up into his eyes. “I’m fine.” Before he could ask, she held out her hand to him. “Why don’t you help me up and I’ll tell you all about it on the way back home.”

Jesse smiled as he helped her up from her seat so the two of them could say goodnight to the others and make their way back to their home. It was during that walk that Jesse became the only other person in the village to find out about Kyle and Tess’ plans for the time being. Alex and Serena already knew since all of them were currently living at Alex’s home, but this was the first any of them had discussed it with anyone from the village.

However, it wouldn’t be long before everyone else would be informed, thus setting the course for many of the lives involved. It was a safe bet to say that from that night on, all of their lives began to evolve from there. Whether it be a good future or bad one…only the Great Spirit would know for sure.

TBC...
Shadowlynxbehr's Fics
"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
Shadowlynxbehr
Addicted Roswellian

Re: TheLegendofDaringElk&HorseDreamer(M/LAdult)AN(p7)12/20

Post by Shadowlynxbehr »

Epilogue
3 Years Later

The two riders spurred their horses on even as the wind began to pick up. One of them bundled the heavy fur coat more snuggly around herself as the other complained loudly. Even so, his voice could barely be heard above the wind.

“Argh, now whose idea was it ta go ridin’ out in this wind? I shoulda had the good sense to stay home an’ bundled up with a cup o’ coffee!”

Before his companion could reply, a shout was heard from the distance. They both looked up to see two Udeyona warriors running out to greet them. Both had their bows and arrows trained on them, but were lowering them as they recognized the riders even bundled up at they were.

The warriors however, wore nothing more than jerkins and leggings in the wind that was fast becoming colder.

Again came the grumble. “Sure, sure. They just have ta rub it in, don’ they? Gotta prove they be made of sterner stuff than the rest o’ us.”

As his companion shook her head at him, he slowed his horse down to greet the two warriors in flawless Udeyona.

“Greetings, Badger Turns Quickly and Running Buffalo.”

“Greetings, Laughing Coyote. Daring Elk sent word that you were to be expected today. She is waiting for you at her home.”
replied Running Buffalo.

Alex nodded his thanks and continued on to the village. As soon as they arrived at the outskirts, they were greeted by two boys who took their mounts from them. After making sure his companion was still bundled up and they had the things they brought with them, they made their way to the home Daring Elk shared with her husband Horse Dreamer, who was also on the council as the chief negotiator with the whites for the Udeyona village.

Alex scratched on the flap and was amazed that Liz answered it almost immediately.

With a huge grin on her face and protruding belly, Liz ushered them both in without further ado. “Well it’s about time you two got here! Come in out of the cold before we all get sick!”

As Alex helped his companion out of her thick furs, he looked around the home with a frown. “Where’s that little rascal of yours, Liz?”

She waved her hand towards the door. “Out hunting with his father of course.”

A gasp came from beneath the last of the fur coat as Serena’s concerned face reveled itself. “Isn’t he a bit young to be doing that?”

Liz chuckled, along with Alex as she enveloped her little sister in a hug as much as her belly would allow. “You forget little sister, the Udeyona are born warriors. Did you really think Kicking Pony would want to stay behind even when Lynx Keeps Secrets and Screaming Beaver were allowed to join their fathers?”

Serena’s eyes widened. “Screaming Beaver went hunting? What was Fighting Dog thinking? Or are they really planning on catching anything?”

Liz laughed at the reference to Michael and Maria’s loud son. The boy had literally been born screaming just as his mother had been doing during his birthing and from the complaints of both his parents and a few others in the village, the boy still couldn’t keep his voice down much.

He was the complete opposite of Jesse and Isabel’s son. Lynx Keeps Secrets was just as quiet and stealthy as his father was and was one of the best squirrel trackers for his age which was just unheard of.

“I believe they are trying to catch something, Sere. Fighting Dog says the boy has to learn how to be quiet sometime especially when he realizes that if he can’t hunt, he can’t eat. And Kicking Pony is now old enough to go with them. The other two boys started last year when they both turned two, so now it’s time for our son to join them since he’s of age. If we had not allowed him to go, he would have looked at it as a disgrace.”

Serena shook her head as Alex led her to a seat across from Liz. They watched as Liz got settled and rubbed her belly a bit, both of them grinning at her smile.

“How much longer do ya have ‘til this one comes?” asked Alex.

“About four more months, we hope. I am as ready as ever to have this one. Thankfully this baby isn’t as restless as Kicking Pony was while I carried him.”

Serena smiled. “That could mean it will be a girl.”

Liz nodded. “That’s what Horse Dreamer is hoping for. He’s got his son, but he’s always wanted a little girl.”

Alex chuckled, “Might be cause there’s already too much boys around here, ya think?”

Liz grinned. “That and he sees how wonderful Black Weasel and Golden Skunk’s little girl is. I think he adores Silent Owl a lot and hopes his daughter is as wonderful as she is. Plus, with Silent Owl being barely a year old, our daughter will have a playmate to grow with.”

They nodded at that as Alex dug around in his bag for the letter to give Liz. Finding it, he pulled it out and handed it to her.

Liz thanked him and asked, “How are Kyle and Tess doing by the way? And how was Boston for you two?”

While Serena made a face, Alex filled her in. “They’re doing mighty fine, they are. So is Amelia. Did ya know she turned one year old three months ago? Kyle adores his daughter by the way, but I can tell that girl is gonna be locked up ‘til she’s an ol’ maid!”

Liz chuckled. “Yes, I agree. When Kyle wrote to tell me he and Tess had a baby girl, all I could think of was how he was going to shelter that little girl like no other. Especially with the way he treated me and Sere.”

Serena tsked. “He’s already started if you ask me. Oh, and Boston…eh, I never thought I’d live to see the day when I actually preferred the wilderness to that place!”

“It wasn’t that bad, was it?” asked Liz.

“Oh it was bad! I tell ya, Tess couldn’t wait to get her hands on me! She thought for sure I’d fall in line like all the other ladies she associates with. The minute she got me in one of those scratchy, cumbersome ball dresses I was ready to come home!”

Alex grimaced. “I don’ think I’ve ever seen me wife look that uncomfortable since the day I met her!”

Serena huffed, “Haven’t felt that uncomfortable since that day, myself and I’m glad that it’s over. Not to mention the constant lectures I got from me brother.”

Liz sighed as Serena rolled her eyes. She knew what she was talking about. Kyle had yet to let up on the lectures ever since he’d found out that Serena and Alex had become a couple.

It had taken nearly a year for Kyle to finally have a way to go back East with Tess and Serena. That had come in the form of a letter from Alex’s father. It seemed that Mr. Whitman had managed to locate the business that Tess’ father had started back East and not only that, but the business was still owned by her father’s family.

When the Hardings got word that the girls were still alive, they asked Mr. Whitman to send for them. Tess had agreed to go back on the condition that her fiancé be allowed to work for the business and that they would be allowed to marry and settle there.

Thrilled to hear that Tessa Harding was alive and well, they were more than happy to welcome both Tess and Kyle with open arms, but when they got ready to head East, Serena informed Kyle that she was staying with Alex.

At first, Kyle was furious just like he’d been with Liz until they’d managed to talk sense into him. Alex, Liz and Serena all had their piece to say and even Tess had stepped in and explained to Kyle how Serena was better off in a secluded place with Alex who seemed to be one of the few who could help her deal with the world.

In the end Kyle knew he had to leave Serena where she was the happiest and that was with Alex. Still, he’d never missed the chance to lecture her whenever he saw her. It had taken Tess and him a little over a year to get settled in a new house in Boston, one that Tess had always dreamed of living in and for him to get a handle of the Harding business.

Once they were happily situated, they had returned to visit Alex and Serena to attend their small wedding ceremony near the Whitman cabin. At that point Kyle had lectured Serena again about her way of life. Then when she went off with Alex on their honeymoon, he lectured Liz on her way of life before he and Tess returned to Boston.

Then again, when Serena and Alex had recently gone to spend a month with Tess and Kyle in Boston, she got the lectures all over again as well as having to deal with Tess and the trials of Tess’ high society living. Everyone was glad that Tess had finally gotten her dream, even Isabel was glad and had written a letter to her family informing them of her choice to stay right where she was.

Granted, the Harding family had not been happy on Isabel’s choice but realized there wasn’t much to be done since she was already married and with a family. Thankfully, they focused on welcoming Tess and Kyle into the family instead of seeking Isabel out.

“Well, you’re home now so the lectures can stop for a while,” replied Liz.

Serena nodded. “I really, really missed this place!”

Alex chuckled. “An’ we got back not a moment too soon! That northern wind is early this year it seems!”

Liz nodded. “That’s what the Shaman is saying. I’m surprised you two made it here today, but I know the others are going to be happy to welcome you two back as well.”

Just as she finished that, the flap to the house was pushed aside and a little bundle of fur came tumbling in. As Max held the flap open for him, Kicking Pony scrambled to his feet.

“Mother, look what I…Uncle Coyote you’re back!”

Alex grinned at the boy even as he greeted the boy’s father. “Hello, Kicking Pony. Hello, Horse Dreamer.”

“Laughing Coyote, Rabbit Runs Quickly welcome home.”
replied Max as he closed the flap and settled down next to Liz. As Kicking Pony launched into the telling of his first hunt to the others, Max rubbed his wife’s belly in greeting before giving her a long kiss hello.

Then with one arm around her, he settled back to listen to his son’s story. A story that would simply be but a part of the lives and the Legend of Daring Elk and Horse Dreamer.

THE END
Shadowlynxbehr's Fics
"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss