The Fourth (AU, K/T, CC ADULT) (Complete)

This is the gallery for the winners of the fanfic awards to show off their fics, and their banners!

Moderators: Itzstacie, Forum Moderators

Icalynn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Icalynn »

Thanks, Rowedog, alizaleven, Fehrbaby, killjoy, BETHANN, imnotlc, and Flamehair for the feedback!

And yes, as most of you pointed out, Liz also has the mark of the king. More will be revealed soon.

Enjoy!

~41~

Tess stepped away from the granolith and turned to Kyle beside her. "That went well," Kyle whispered as he wrapped his arms around her and she sighed into his embrace.

"I still can't believe we are here," she whispered as she glanced over her shoulder to see Enai, the prince, and the healer waiting for them. "And we have our own little entourage."

Kyle groaned, shaking his head. "I say we get rid of them-" he offered as he kissed her softly. "I could use a nap," he winked.

Tess giggled, slapping him on the arm as she turned to the prince. "Is there somewhere we can stay until we go home?" She asked as he nodded. "And what do you wish for me to call you?"

The prince glanced down at the ground and then smiled, glancing back up at her. "My name is Ares."

"Ares?" Tess whispered, her eyes widening with recognition. "Oh, Ares!" She cried as she pulled away from Kyle and flung her arms around Ares, hugging him. "I thought you had perished!"

Ares smiled, hugging Tess in response. "Okay, clue in the dumb jock here." Kyle grumbled as he watched them continue to hug, not sure if he should be jealous or not.

"Kyle, this is my younger brother Ares." She smiled as she pulled away and studied him briefly. "Or, I guess you're my older brother now."

"Not by choice," Ares sighed, shaking his head.

"I'm sorry, I didn't recognize you-" Tess began. "But, you were just a baby when I last saw you- and now, look at you. So grown up."

Ares blushed. "I have always wanted you and Rath to return- I have always heard so many great stories."

Tess nodded as she reached out and took Kyle's hand in hers. "Ares, this is my fiancé Kyle."

"Oh," Ares gasped. "That explains why the granolith accepted you- but, I do not understand why he has the mark of the king."

"Max, er, Zan healed me, more than once." Kyle explained with a shrug. "No idea what he left in me, guess it's possible."

"He left a genetic marker in you," Ares mused as he reached a hand out to Kyle. "It is nice to meet you, welcome to the family."

"This is so weird," Kyle chuckled as they shook hands. "And who are you?" Kyle asked as he glanced back toward the healer. "Um, sorry about the energy blast back there."

"Understandable, my king," the healer nodded and Kyle groaned.

"Please call me Kyle. The 'my king' thing is weirding me out." Kyle explained.

The healer nodded. "My name is Trie," he smiled. "I am the chief healer of the Antarian sect."

"Trie, Ares," Kyle nodded as he glanced back at the other man. "And you were-"

"That's Enai," Tess added softly. "He's the guardian of the granolith." She supplied as she wrapped his arms around Kyle.

"Ah, I see." He smiled, yawning.

"I think we need a nap," She grinned and she turned back to Ares. "Is there someplace where we can rest? It's been a long day."

"Of course," Ares nodded. "You can stay in your old quarters if you wish." He smiled. "You may rest, and then we shall have a dinner in celebration of your health."

~

Tess woke up and smiled as she noticed Kyle still sleeping beside her. Knowing that he needed the sleep, she decided to get up and let him sleep a little longer. She glanced around their quarters before she made her way back down the hall, to Ares' quarters.

"Ares?" Tess called as she walked through the open door, smiling as she caught his gaze.

"Ava," Ares began, his eyes widening. "Tess." He corrected quickly. "I am sorry. It is hard to think of you as Tess."

"It's okay," Tess nodded as she crossed over and sat down on one of the plush chairs. "Kyle's still sleeping and I was a little antsy."

"Antsy?" Ares repeated, frowning.

"Oh, um. Restless," Tess corrected and Ares nodded.

"I have studied your language, but I seem to not know it as well as I had thought. Perhaps, I should use a communicator band." He mused as Tess raised her brow.

"Is that the thing everyone has on their wrist?" Tess asked and he nodded in reply. "Cool."

"Yes," he smiled as he glanced back down at his notes. He sighed as he glanced up at Tess. "Is there no way to convince you to stay?"

"Not permanently," Tess whispered. "I have a family on Earth- and I can't take Kyle away from all he's known his whole life."

"Even if he can't-"

"No, don't even suggest that," Tess grumbled. "We have invaded his life and changed it so much- I can't even think about that, it's not-"

"Tess." He snapped and she glared at him. "Have you even noticed the differences between Antarians and Humans? We are not the same."

"I don't-" she began as he raised a hand, cutting her off.

"Close your eyes." Ares ordered and she bristled, staring at him. "Tess, close your eyes."

"Fine." She grumbled. "But, I don't see what-"

"Tess." He snapped and she shut her mouth, with a pout, crossing her arms across her chest. "Now clear your mind and let everything go," Ares whispered softly. "Then open your eyes and look at me, really look at me and see."

She huffed at the order and kept her eyes closed. Tess took a deep breath and let it out, trying to clear her mind as she did. She didn't understand what he was talking about.

Tess slowly opened her eyes, blinking once to clear her vision as she turned to look at Ares. She gasped, her mouth dropping open as she really looked at him- he was right.

"Oh," Tess gasped as she studied him. He had removed his robe to reveal his sculpted upper body- at first glance he appeared to look human, but his skin was not. It was slightly translucent and it shimmered ever so lightly in the light. "Your skin," she whispered in awe as she jumped up from her seat and crossed over to him, reaching out to touch his arm. "May I?" she tentatively asked.

"Yes," he smiled as she touched his arm, trailing her fingers down the length of his arm.

"Wow," she giggled, his skin felt like silk under her fingertips. "And hairless," She gasped as she gazed at his arms and upper body, noting the lack of any hair.

Ares laughed. "I do have some hair," he smiled as he ran his hand through his head of hair. "But, we do not grow facial hair as Human males-"

"And some females," Tess added, giggling once more. "So slightly different skin texture, no hair-" she rambled off. "It's not that huge of a difference- I kinda like the no hair."

"Tess." He sighed and she paused, looking up at him. "There's something else-"

"What?" Tess groaned. "Do you have a tail or a third eye or something?"

"Something," Ares began as he cupped his hand under Tess' chin and forced her to make eye contact with her. "What do you see?"

"See?" Tess repeated as she gazed into his eyes. "Oh, my god!" She gasped as she jumped away, her eyes glued to Ares'. "Your eyes!"

"Yes," Ares nodded.

"They're like cat eyes- how did we not notice that?" Tess questioned. "I can understand not noticing your skin- you were all wearing those huge robes and the hair, but the eyes? Wow."

"It is understandable," he smiled. "You have been exposed to a great many things in only a few hours and you were worried about Kyle."

"Kyle," Tess whispered as she glanced to the doors. "Will he change, will he resemble you?"

Ares shrugged. "I do not know, but it is possible."

Tess nodded, wrapping her arms around herself. "I must go- I need to-"

"Go," he smiled, offering a hug that she responded eagerly to. "Go to him, we will have a grand meal when he awakens."

tbc

banner by Erina258, additonal text by me.
Last edited by Icalynn on Mon May 28, 2007 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Icalynn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Icalynn »

Thanks to alizaleven, Flamehair, Rowedog, and killjoy for the awesome feedback.

Sorry for the lack of updates, but it was a busy holiday weekend! And if you didn't notice my little banner, I am having an author's chat in June! :D

Enjoy!

~ 42~

Michael leaned down and picked up Kyle's jean jacket, knowing that he'd want it back when he returned. He sighed, looking wistfully at the granolith, wishing he was the one that was sent to Antar instead.

He shook his head, trying to rid his thoughts of the pure jealousy and made his way out of the pod chamber. He briefly closed his eyes as he walked into the bright sunshine, forgetting that it was still daylight.

"Michael," a voice called out and he turned his head, blinking as he spied Max making his way up the rocky terrain, followed closely by Liz.

"Hey," Michael nodded, pausing as he glanced back at the entrance to the pod chamber. "You were right."

Max stared at him for a second before he followed his gaze. "They can't come back yet."

"Yeah, Tess said something about 48 hours to fully recharge." Michael shrugged and pushed past Max. "Liz," he nodded as he passed by her.

They shared a brief glance before they quickly followed after him. "When did you talk to Tess?" Max questioned.

"Just a second ago," Michael shrugged. "Hence why I'm out here and walking back to the car-"

"How?" Liz gasped. "I mean- where are they?"

Michael stopped in his tracks and turned back to them. "Antar-" he grumbled. "All this time, we had the chance to go back and we never did!"

"Michael," Max pressed holding his hand up to him.

"No," he groaned. "I've wanted to go home from day one, and Kyle gets to go? That's just unfair."

"Is Kyle even able to go?" Liz suddenly questioned. "I mean, he's human. Can he breathe on Antar? I would assume Tess would be safe since she's a hybrid, but Kyle wouldn't be."

"Oh," Michael drawled as Tess words suddenly made sense. "The complication."

"The complication?" Max repeated, frowning. "What complication?"

"Tess said to meet back here in 45 hours and to bring you," he explained, pointing at Max. "Because of some complication- but she didn't have time to explain."

"Maybe we should go to Nasedo," Max mused and Michael shook his head no. "Let me guess," he began. "Tess mentioned something about him too."

Michael nodded. "She said and I quote, don't mention this to Nasedo. Something's fishy. End quote."

Max groaned, "Why don't you start from the beginning and tell me exactly what she said."

Michael sighed and began to tell Max and Liz what had just happened moments ago. "And that's that."

"We'll have to go to Dr. Harding and the Sheriff, they need to know what's going on," Liz remarked. "And we need a cover story to tell Nasedo."

"That's easy enough," Michael shrugged. "They had to go back to school to see about transferring back here."

~

Tess walked quickly to her quarters and crawled back onto the bed. She felt a rush of tears as she gazed at Kyle sleeping peacefully in the bed. Unable to stop herself she reached out and touched his forehead, trailing her fingers over his brow.

He sighed at the sensation and blinked his eyes up at her. "Hey," he smiled as he stretched out his arms and sat up beside her. Kyle frowned as he noticed her tears and reached out to her, squeezing her hand. "What's wrong?" He questioned softly as she began crying harder.

"I'm sorry," Tess whimpered as he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into his embrace. "I'm sorry," she hiccupped as she buried her face into his chest.

Kyle blinked, confused as she continued to cry. He held her close, running his hand over her back. "Tess?"

She leaned back to look up at him. "We are stuck here because of me," she sniffed, wiping at her tears with her hand. "And you may change-" her voice trailed off as she took a good look into his eyes and sighed with relief. "Your eyes are human."

Kyle smiled, kissing her softly. "Yeah, their eyes are pretty awesome, very cat like."

"You noticed?" Tess gasped and Kyle laughed.

"Hell, yeah," Kyle chuckled. "It was the first thing I noticed about them." He smiled as he kissed her once more. "But, there is no need to be sorry-"

"Yes," Tess insisted. "Ares said that you are Antarian-"

"About that," he interrupted, causing Tess to frown.

"About what?" She asked, confused as she studied him. "What is it?"

"He's lying," Kyle admitted after a slight pause.

"What?" Tess screeched, pulling away from him. "No. Why would he do that? How do you even know?"

"I don't know," he shrugged. "All I know is he's not telling you the full truth. He feels guilty about lying to you- he wants you to stay."

"Stay?" She repeated, her brow crinkling in contemplation. "I don't understand."

"I feel everything they do- my barriers don't block their thoughts," Kyle explained. "It was exhausting standing in that chamber with the three of them, I tried to block it- but, essentially everything they said was more or less a half truth."

"Why didn't you say anything?" She whispered as she reached out to him.

"I didn't want them to know I could," he shrugged. "And I didn't realize it until we were able to rest here and I was able to mediate and fully concentrate on everything I heard and felt."

"It is Ares-" Tess suddenly gasped, her eyes widening at the thought that it was one of the lies.

"Oh, yes," Kyle smiled, "he is your young- er, older brother. He's been miserable- and there's something he's hiding, but I wasn't able to figure what it is."

"Maybe, if it was just him in the room?" She offered. "Maybe you'd be able to figure it out."

"I heard his name again-" he whispered. "Khivar. Who is he? I remember you talking about him with Isabel."

Tess sighed, glancing away from him for a second. "He was the man that was responsible for our deaths and the rebel forces that took over our country."

"Oh," Kyle gasped, biting his lip.

"Yeah," she smiled weakly. "Vilondra had an affair with him, inviting him into the castle- our home. He was able to infiltrate from the inside out without us knowing."

Kyle exhaled sharply. "Wow. I had no idea- kinda explains why Isabel was all Ice Queen with most guys."

Tess nodded. "Please, don't let her know, you know?" Tess pleaded. "It's not my story to tell. But, seeing that you are here-"

"Don't worry," Kyle smiled, kissing her softly. "My lips are sealed." He mumbled against her lips.

Tess sighed against his lips, "and you will be okay?"

"I believe so," he nodded. "Max will have to reverse the manipulation they did so I can breathe in the Nitrogen."

"Nitrogen?" She repeated, frowning. "Is that what we are breathing?"

"Well, we breathe it in on Earth- the air is composed of Nitrogen and Oxygen." Kyle explained with a shrug of his shoulders. "But, our bodies use the Oxygen in the air- which I think makes up only twenty-one percent of the air we breathe on Earth."

"I vaguely remembering reading about that-" Tess began as she studied him. "How do you-"

"Know?" Kyle chuckled. "They made us take a brief intro into human physiology for football." He explained and Tess nodded in understanding. "And I know by their jumbled thoughts that the air here on Antar is mostly comprised of Nitrogen and there is about two percent Oxygen in the air."

"So, you couldn't get enough oxygen," Tess continued, nodding her head. "My body was able to adapt to the lack of Oxygen, but yours wasn't."

"Yeah," Kyle nodded. "Tray-"

"Trie," Tess corrected, giggling.

"Yeah, whatever." Kyle groaned. "Anyway, he wasn't sure if Zan could heal me back- said something about how they changed the receptors in my lungs and Ares told him that if anyone could, Zan would be able to since he was the strongest healer born-"

"Wait," she interrupted. "You understood them?"

"Yes, no-" he sighed. "It was confusing in there and they were talking and their thoughts were all over the place- and it was weird. They were thinking in Antarian, but I understood them for some reason."

"Oh," Tess sighed. "So, you'll be fine- but he just convinced me that wasn't the case."

Kyle sighed. "He wants you to stay, what is the main reason you would stay here permanently?"

Tess gasped, suddenly understanding what he was hinting at. "If you had to stay."

"Exactly," Kyle whispered as he squeezed her hand. "I think we need to go speak to him and maybe get something to eat. I'm starving."

Tess laughed, shaking her head. "Ares said we could eat when you got up, let's go get something to eat and a few answers."

tbc
Icalynn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Icalynn »

Thank you for the awesome feedback, it really keeps me going, and I had a bad week at work...

Rowedog -Don't be too hard on Ares, he's one of the good guys. ;)
Flamehair -And Kyle's not the only one with the power! And you'll find out soon enough.
killjoy -It's a very good thing they don't tell Nasedo, but more to that later.
RosDude -Thanks, I was always a huge Tess fan and most of my fics shade a better light on her. I'm glad you are enjoying the fic so far, and being a closet Lamptrimmer isn't a bad thing :)
cassie- Welcome! Michael will get his chance, and more answers are coming soon.

I'm really sorry for the lack of updates. I had a horrible week at work and thus had no time to write. Since I no longer have my buffer chapters, I don't know how often I will be able to post, but I'll post as often as I can. :)

Enjoy!

~ 43~

Kyle took a deep breath, trying to close his mind off to the others in the lavish dining room. He turned to Tess as he rubbed the side of his head. "I can't do this," he whispered and she looked at him in confusion. "It's too much, too many. It feels like my head is going to explode."

"Oh," Tess gasped, stealing a glance at Ares across the table. "Did you-"

"No," Kyle groaned shaking his head, closing his eyes as he rubbed at his temples.

"Is everything okay?" Ares suddenly questioned and Kyle opened his eyes. Their gazes locked and Kyle gasped at the intense connection. 'I know you can hear my thoughts. Amazing. Your ability is so strong, I did not expect a human to posses such a gift.'

Kyle relaxed as the other voices faded away to nothing. 'How did you know?' He asked, relaxing slightly as the pain eased.

'Antarians by true nature are telepathic.' He simply added. 'It is only in recent generations that we started to use our voices as the ability began to fade in the younger generations. That is why you have a hard time pushing their thoughts away. They do not know that they project their thoughts so readily.'

Kyle nodded, understanding dawning on him. 'The Royal Four are the same. They have the latent ability, I can I hear them as well, but I am able to block them out better.'

Ares gave him a weak smile. 'Forgive me, I should not have lied to you-' he glanced briefly at Tess beside him. 'I only want what is best for my people.'

"Kyle?" Tess questioned as she noticed them staring at each other.

Kyle broke off the connection and turned to her, offering her a smile. "It's okay." He whispered as the voices around him began to grow in his mind and he closed his eyes, trying once more to close them off.

"It doesn't look like you're okay," she stated as she glanced at Ares. "I'm sorry," she began. "I think we need to call it a day-"

"No," Ares began. "He'll be fine." He insisted and Kyle was about to disagree when he heard his voice whispering in his mind. 'Focus on my thoughts only,' he urged and Kyle did, surprised when the other voices started to fade once more.

"I'm fine," Kyle stated, smiling weakly at Ares. "Thank you."

Ares nodded, smiling at them both. 'Do not let the others know of your gift,' he warned. 'Khivar has spies lurking about.'

Kyle stiffened as Ares continued to warn him about Khivar and to give him the history they were searching for.

~

"Oh, Claire," Amy grinned as she opened her door. "What can I do for you?"

"Amy," Claire smiled weakly. "I was just looking for Tess. Have you heard from her this afternoon? She missed our lunch date and she's not answering her cell phone."

"Tess?" Amy paused, frowning. "No, I haven't seen her since this morning. Did you try calling Kyle?"

"I don't have his number," she sighed. "I thought I'd swing by first and see if she was here. I'm sure there's nothing wrong, but after everything- well, you must understand."

Amy nodded in agreement. "Let's see," Amy hummed as she waved Claire in and turned to grab her phone. "Let me call Kyle, before we start to worry."

Amy dialed the number and frowned as she instantly heard his ringtone echoing around them. She held the phone to her chest and sighed, "I think I found his phone at least."

"It seems so," Claire agreed as she crossed over to the couch and rummaged through the cushions to find a green cell phone tucked away. "Hello?" She answered the phone, instantly hearing the feedback from the phone Amy was holding and they immediately hung up.

"I'll call Jim," Amy stated as she absently rubbed at her swollen belly. "I'm sure they're fine."

"I keep telling myself that, but I'm worried." Claire whispered, shaking her head, sinking down to the couch. "It's not like Tess-" her voice trailing off as Michael came flying past them.

"Michael!" Amy reprimanded and he paused, turning to her.

"Hey Amy," Michael nodded, flashing her a small smile before he turned and dashed up the stairs, not even noticing Claire's presence.

Claire and Amy shared a glance, before laughing. "Michael," Amy called out and they heard a muffled reply before he came charging down the stairs.

"Have you seen my phone?" He asked as he skidded to stop. "Oh, Dr. Harding, I mean, Claire."

"Michael," she smiled. "How are you?"

"Okay," he paused as he glanced between them. "Actually, I was looking for my phone, so I could call you. There's been a slight development."

"Would this development have something to do with Tess missing lunch with her mother?" Amy questioned.

Michael nodded. "You could say that." He paused, rubbing his eyebrow. "Is Jim here too?"

"No, but I was about to call him." Amy sighed. "Is there something wrong with Kyle and Tess?"

"Michael!" Maria cut in as she opened the door, flushing as she realized everyone was staring at her. "Oh." She paused as she turned to her mother. "I thought you and Jim were going to that little baby boutique down in-"

"Jim had a call-"

"Oh, are you going-"

"Yeah, tomorrow-"

Amy and Maria continued their chopped conversation and Michael turned to Claire. "I hate when they do that," he grumbled. "I never understand what's going on."

"Sorry, spaceboy," Maria teased lightly as she winked at him. "Should we wait until Dad gets back?"

"Is there something wrong?" Claire questioned, her voice wavering slightly.

Maria and Michael shared a glance. "Um, they went on a trip," Maria supplied as she reached for Michael's hand.

"A trip?" Amy repeated. "They didn't mention anything earlier-"

"It wasn't exactly planned." Michael added. "They went home."

"Why would they go home?" Claire sighed shaking her head. "We were going to fly out this weekend."

"Um, think more like distant planets and not one state over," Maria began, her voice picking up speed as she explained to them what happened only a few hours before.

"Oh," Claire gasped, paling ever so slightly. "Can they come back?"

"We think so," Michael replied. "That's what Tess stated, we have to wait and see."

"Why would they leave without even saying goodbye?" Claire whispered, tears springing to her eyes.

"I don't think they had planned on going anywhere," Maria sighed, shaking her head. "They did the one thing that every sci-fi movie tells you not to do- Don't touch the alien artifact. Who knows what might happen!? And what did happen? They went poof into space, across the galaxy or two-" She paused, glancing at Michael. "Where is Antar?"

Michael shrugged. "I have no idea."

tbc
Icalynn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Icalynn »

Thanks for the feedback, it really keeps my muse a talking! ;)

killjoy- Thanks, and yes Antar is in another galaxy, but where exactly, they don't know, did they ever say for sure? Hmm.

And I am a huge Tess fan- but, I have written her evil a few times, but she always had a damn good reason as to why. I always write her as a strong three dimensional character and not what they gave us on the show, they had so much potential that they just wasted. And that's probably why out of 50 or so fics she's the lead in most, and the same goes for Kyle. Oh, and I can't read fics where she is evil, just cause- and now I'm rambling on so I'll shut up now. *g*

Alison- Promise. But, not just yet. Hee.

cassie- They will get home soon enough- just not in this next section.

Beth- Thanks, and RL settled down enough to write a little bit more, so *crosses fingers* I'll be able to update again, sooner rather than later.

Flamehair- Thanks, I do love my Kyle and Tess. *g* And Ares will be their strongest ally.

Darkstar- Thank you so much! You don't know how much that means to me!

Enjoy!

~44~

Tess excused herself from the table and quickly walked out of the room before anyone could stop her. She didn't know what was going on, but both Kyle and Ares were ignoring her. In fact in the last hour they spoke in hushed chopped sentences- it was almost like they were talking to each other in code.

"But, how is that even possible?" She grumbled to herself as she marched down a hallway, trying to find her way back to her quarters. She knew she was pouting, but she was tired of being ignored by her fiancé and her brother of all people.

Tess huffed, turning another corner, not even noticing that she had walked into the throne room. "Oh," she gasped as she glanced up to see a huge mural of the Royal Four sprawled over the length of the wall. "Oh, my."

Her eyes widened as she studied it, it was shocking to see them as they once were. Tess gazed at her former self. She looked almost identical to Ava, except that her long flowing hair was almost white and she had blue catlike eyes like true Antarians. Her skin shimmered silver as did her brother's- "Rath," she exhaled as she studied him further, her mouth dropping open as she noticed he had the same blue eyes.

She turned her focus to her former husband and king. "Zan," she whispered as she gazed into the emerald catlike eyes, suddenly recalling the intensity of his gaze when she beheld it. His skin shimmered with a light golden hue as did his cousin, his sister.

"Vilondra," she smiled as she gazed at her. Her hair was darker and her eyes were golden. As she studied her further, she realized her skin shimmered with a faint bronze hue, unlike the gold she first assumed. She was beautiful.

"Tess!" Kyle's voice rang out and she sighed, shaking her head.

"In here," she replied a moment later.

"Hey," he began as she glanced back at him and then returned her gaze to the mural. "What are-" his voice trailing off as he followed her gaze. "Oh, wow."

"Yeah," she smiled as she felt his arms circle around her waist and she leaned back into him.

"The Royal Four," he whispered in awe. "I didn't even think about them looking Antarian-"

"Me neither," she laughed, turning to him. "But, we didn't look half bad."

"I'd date her," Kyle teased lightly as he kissed her softly. Tess melted into the kiss for a second, before she recalled her frustration earlier and pulled abruptly away, hitting him on the shoulder. "Hey!"

"That's for ignoring me at dinner," she grumbled as he pulled her closer and kissed her once more. "Not helping," she protested lightly, "I'm mad at you."

"Don't be," he whispered. 'I was talking with Ares- he's telepathic.'

"What?" She gasped, staring at him with shock.

'It gave me a chance to get the answers we needed,' he added quickly as she nodded, her eyes widening with realization.

"Oh," she stammered. "You were talking with-"

'Ares warned me that there are spies about,' he warned with a single thought. 'No one must know of my powers.'

"Oh," she whispered, glancing around them.

"There's so much I need to tell you," he added softly, kissing her brow, before turning his gaze to the mural. "They gave up so much for their people- it's amazing. You are amazing." He smiled as he gazed at her. "Love you."

Tess blushed, smiling at him. "Love you too."

"Ah, there you are," Ares stated as he entered the room, pausing as he glanced at the mural as well. "Does it bring back memories?"

"A little," Tess admitted as she leaned into Kyle. "But, there is so much I don't."

Ares nodded, "you will."

Tess stiffened at the comment, a sense of fear enveloping over her. "What if I don't?" She questioned softly.

"Then our planet is doomed," he sighed, shaking his head. "We need the Royal Four."

Tess' eyes narrowed at his words. "Antar is no longer at war- why do you need us?"

"Everything is not as it seems," Kyle whispered cryptically into her ear and she turned her gaze to him. "We cannot speak here."

Tess fumed, hating that she was out of the loop. "No, you shall not order me around." She snapped as she pulled away from Kyle.

"Ah, words of a true queen," Ares smiled and Tess groaned shaking her head as she took a step back.

"I'm not a queen," she hissed. "I didn't choose this, I'm just Tess- I'm not Ava. I can't be who you want me to be."

Tess turned sharply on her heels and walked out, leaving Kyle and Ares alone. "She doesn't remember," Kyle sighed as he glanced once more at the mural.

Ares frowned. "She must, they all have to- in order to defeat Khivar."

'How?' Kyle questioned through their telepathic link as he rubbed at the back of his neck.

'You must unlock their past,' he replied with certainty. 'You must connect with them, open up their mind to the possibility.'

Kyle groaned at the thought and nodded his head. "I'll do all that I can," he vowed taking once more glance at the mural.

"You would make a great King," Ares smiled, bowing to him. "Go after her, your queen."

Kyle flushed at the praise and nodded, quickly turning away to follow after Tess.

~

Tess gazed out over the lands she once knew, her thoughts weighing heavily on the most recent events. She wrapped her arms around herself and pushed back the wave of tears that threatened to fall. She felt so weak, so insignificant- the fear of facing the past overwhelming her.

"I am not the queen," she whispered harshly as she felt Kyle's presence behind her. "I can't-"

"Tess," he sighed, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her close.

She leaned back into his embrace, seeking the strength that he offered. "I'm not trained to be the queen-" she began, her body trembling ever so slightly as her tears began to fall. "I'm not what he wants me to be- what they need. I just want to go home."

Kyle closed his eyes, searching for the words she needed to hear. "You are stronger than you think."

"Ha." Tess laughed bitterly as she turned to him. "I'm a college student from Arizona, I don't know anything but the vague dreams that I remember- I-"

"You will remember," he smiled, wiping away your tears. "You are meant for greater things-"

"No." She sniffed, shaking her head.

"Yes," he sighed, kissing her softly as he scooped her off the floor and held her close in his arms. "You are Teresa Marie Harding," he began softly. "The fourth alien, my love, my fiancé and-"

"No and," she interrupted, holding on to him as he carried her back toward their bed. "Kyle," she whispered. "Just hold me."

"Anything," he sighed as he placed her gently on the bed. She smiled at him as she helped him onto the bed. "Love you," he whispered as he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into his embrace.

"Love you," she smiled, settling easily into his arms. She rested her head on his chest, her eyes fluttering close as he trailed his fingers through her hair, coaxing her to sleep.

It wasn't long before her breathing deepened and she was fast asleep in his arms. He felt uneasy, the future had seemed so certain the day before. He gazed down at Tess, loving how the moonlight cascaded down on her, illuminating her like the angel she was.

Kyle kissed the top of her head, running his fingers once more through her curls. "Soon, you'll remember- and you'll be the queen you were meant to be." He sighed. "I just hope you'll still love me."

tbc
Icalynn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Icalynn »

Thank you all for your feedback, it really means a lot to me!

Alison- Lol! Thank you, and I do keep my promises. ;)
Darkstar- Thank you! And thanks for recommending my fic.
cassie- Thanks, and all will be revealed in the next few chapters.
Lamptrimmer Ethan- Thanks, I'm glad you checked it out and that you liked it!
killjoy - Thank you. The truth is all that matters!

Enjoy!

~45~

Tess stretched out her arm, accidently hitting Kyle in the face with the back of her hand. "Oh, sorry," she giggled as he stirred in his sleep and blinked up at her. "Sorry?" She voiced once more as he stared at her.

He kept his face neutral as he reversed their positions, pinning her to the bed. "Sorry?" Kyle questioned as he nipped at her lips.

"Uh, huh," she nodded, smiling up at him.

"How sorry are you?" He teased lightly as his fingers grazed down her arm, sending sparks through her body.

She groaned, her eyes fluttering close as she lifted her knee ever so slightly and moved her thigh against his growing erection. "Very sorry," she whispered as he moaned into her mouth and she giggled at his response.

"Are you mocking me?" He questioned as she bit her lip and shook her head no. "Good." He smiled, leaning in to kiss her once more, halting as he felt someone nearby. In less than a second he knew that a servant boy would knock on their door- the boy's thoughts practically shouted in his head of his mission to give the young queen a letter.

He pulled abruptly away, causing Tess to groan at the lack of contact. "Kyle-" she began as there was a knock at the door. "What is it?" Tess practically growled, hating the interruption.

"I bring news from Enai," a soft voice replied from the other side of the door.

Tess shared a quick glance with Kyle and smiled brightly. "The protector of the Granolith," she grinned as she jumped off the bed and quickly opened the door, revealing a young servant boy as Kyle suspected.

"For you," he smiled as he held out a crisp piece of what she assumed was parchment paper of some kind.

"Thank you," she nodded and he turned to leave. Tess shut the door and quickly broke the seal and scanned the letter. "Great, it's in Antarian." She grumbled as she sat back on the bed and frowned as she continued to stare at the letter.

"Take a mental picture of it and project it in your mind," Kyle stated as Tess sighed.

"How will that help?" She questioned. "Oh-" she gasped as she felt the connection with Kyle in her mind. "Oh, right. You understood their thoughts earlier."

"Yeah," he nodded as she read the letter aloud, the words flowing easily from her lips, creating the thoughts he needed. "It's beautiful." He commented as the words became clearer to him and he couldn't help but smile.

"It is a beautiful language," Tess agreed as she turned more to him, noticing the huge smile on his lips. "What?"

"We can go home," Kyle supplied as he leaned in and kissed her. "His calculations were off- we won't have to wait until this afternoon, the Granolith is ready."

~

"I don't see why we are here so early," Maria commented as she glanced over at Liz. "They aren't supposed to be home until later this evening, didn't he say 48 hours?"

"It called to Max," Liz whispered. "Ever since they triggered the Granolith he has been able to feel it, he says that it's fully charged."

"So we assume they can come home now," Max added as he turned to them leaning against the cave wall.

"Can you all feel it?" Maria questioned as both Michael and Isabel nodded.

"And that's good," Alex stammered. "Right?"

"It was really weak at first, but as it charged it began to feel stronger," Isabel explained. "I'm not sure how it works."

"As long as we don't touch it," Maria snorted. "I think we'll be fine, we just have to wait until they come."

"I still can't believe they went home," Isabel whispered. "That we have a way home."

Michael opened his mouth to speak when a faint humming noise came from the granolith. "It's starting," he stated and he shared a glance with Max. "Wait here," he added as Max and Michael made their way into the granolith's chamber.

Isabel briefly glared at them, wanting to go into the chamber too. "Why did I agree to stay out here?" She sighed as she felt Alex's arms wrap around her.

"Because it was two to one," Alex chuckled into her ear. "And they thought they may need extra room due to the 'complication'."

"Oh, yeah," Isabel sighed. "The complication."

"Yeah, I hope they are both alright," Liz added softly as the granolith began to glow, the humming noise increasing.

~

Tess slowly opened her eyes, turning to her right, squealing as she caught sight of Michael. "Oh, it worked!" She cried as she flung her arms around him and they hugged.

"Are you okay?" Michael asked and Tess paused, taking a quick breath and smiling with ease.

"Yes," she stated as she turned to see Kyle leaning heavily against the granolith, his eyes closed. "Kyle?" She began as she reached out to him, noticing that he wasn't in as much distress as he was when he arrived on Antar.

Kyle blinked over at her and she gasped in shock as his eyes flickered to the familiar Antarian catlike eyes and then back to their natural state. He forced a smile to his face, "Hey."

"Hey." She smiled as she ran her fingers through his hair. "How do you feel?"

"Not so good," he grumbled as he faltered slightly and Max was immediately at their side. "Outside," he groaned and within a blink of an eye he disappeared from their sight.

"Kyle!?" Tess cried out in shock as Max and Michael shared a stunned glance. "I can't believe he did that," Tess grumbled as she turned and made her way into the adjacent chamber where the others were waiting for them.

She ignored the others calling out to her as she made her way to the chamber door and opened it, sighing with relief as she saw Kyle leaning against the cliff wall. "Kyle?" She called out to him. "Do you think it-" She began, her comment dying on her lips as he pulled her into his arms and kissed her.

"I take it that you're both okay," Max stated, interrupting their kiss.

"Yeah," Kyle nodded, taking another deep breath. "I think so."

"Are you sure?" Tess questioned as she wrapped her arms around him.

"No," he chuckled. "Guess Max can scan me to check, but I can breathe."

"That's a start," she smiled as she kissed him once more before stepping away from him. "Max?"

"Sure," Max nodded as he placed a hand on Kyle's chest. He closed his eyes briefly, preparing himself for the connection. He opened his eyes, gazing into Kyle's as he felt the connection flair to life. Max gasped in shock as Kyle's eyes flickered and suddenly he felt like he was being sucked into a vortex.

"No," Kyle growled, pushing him away. "You're not ready yet-"

Max froze, dropping his hand to his side. "What are you?"

Kyle sighed, closing his eyes. "I'm more Antarian than you- for now."

Max gazed at Tess for confirmation and she nodded. "This is a little more than just a complication," he stated and then took a deep breath. "I think we need to have that talk now."

"I agree," Kyle stated as he glanced down at his clothes. "But, I haven't showered and I'd love a fresh pair of clothes before our big powwow."

Max nodded, studying them briefly. "An hour."

"An hour," Kyle agreed as he wrapped his arms around Tess and they teleported back to his room, much to the shock of the others nearby.

"That was a little inconsiderate to me and to the others," Tess stated as she pulled away from him, slapping him on the arm. "And a little warning would have been nice too." She grumbled as she began to gather her things to shower.

"But, I love doing that. It keeps them on their toes." He couldn't help but chuckle as Tess glared at him, her gaze softening as he continued to smile that goofy smile at her. She sighed, unable to stay angry at him. "You know you love it too."

"I don't know what you are talking about," she huffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"You love it," Kyle grinned, leaning into kiss her and she playfully slapped him on his arm.

"Fine," she sighed as they kiss. "It's a little fun."

"Love you," he whispered against her lips.

"Love you," she exhaled as she pulled away, studying him briefly. "And you're okay?"

"I feel good," Kyle nodded. "Just a little winded at first, but I'm good. No worries."

tbc
Icalynn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Icalynn »

Thank you all for the feedback, it means so much to me!

Flamehair- Thanks, I'm not sure, but it may explain the blank comment I got! And yes, Kyle's body was able to adjust just fine.
Lamptrimmer Ethan- Thank you! And they are getting closer to the truth.
killjoy- Thanks, lol, me too!
cassie- Thanks! And I wish I could teleport, it would be so awesome.
Rowedog- Hee, I thought they deserved a little break! ;) And thanks!

I'm sorry for the lack of updates- I was on a little vacation! I went to see "A Few Good Men," starring Lou Diamond Phillips and Jensen Ackles. It was awesome!

Enjoy!

~ 46~

An hour passed as Max and Michael paced the length of Michael's small apartment. "You could call him," Maria pointed out as she sat on the couch with Liz, growing more annoyed at her boyfriend and their pacing.

"Don't you think it was just a little childish?" Max stated as he turned to Liz. "Teleporting like that? In the middle of a discussion of all things."

"Does it really matter? They just got home. It's only humane to let them get their bearings before they tell us what happened," Isabel offered from the other side of the room where she was leaning up against the wall. "I have a feeling it's going to be a long afternoon."

"Kyle knows something," Max sighed, running his hand through his hair. "Did you see his eyes?" He suddenly questioned the others. "It was only for a second-"

"They looked like cat eyes," Liz nodded. "I saw it- I thought for a second I was imagining it."

"It was so familiar," Max whispered. "And what did he mean that he's more Antarian than us? How is that even-" his voice trailed off as the door opened and Tess and Kyle walked through.

"Possible?" Kyle smiled, finishing Max's comment only a moment before.

"How-" Max began as Kyle sighed, shaking his head.

"You're broadcasting your thoughts-" Kyle explained. "I could hear you all the way down the hall and I wasn't even trying."

"Sorry, we're a little late-" Tess quickly added, not wanting the current discussion to peak into a fight. "My mom was at the Valenti's and I had to reassure her that we we're okay-"

"Are you?" Liz questioned, her gaze directed at Kyle's. "Your eyes."

"Oh, that." Kyle sighed. "Not sure, really. They didn't do that earlier."

"Maybe it's the change in atmosphere?" Tess suggested and Kyle shrugged.

"What about his eyes?" Michael questioned.

"They flickered earlier, they looked almost catlike," Liz explained. "Did anyone else see it?"

"They seemed so familiar," Max whispered as he took a seat beside Liz.

"They should," Kyle smiled. "It's the norm for Antarians." He explained as he glanced over at Tess. "Oh, hey, use your power- show them Ares."

"Ares?" Michael repeated as he raised a brow toward Tess. "As in our baby brother, Ares?" He gasped.

"Yes," Tess nodded, smiling brightly. "But he's no longer a baby- he's more like our older brother."

"I don't recall an Ares," Max stated, frowning.

"Well, technically I guess you'd say he's our half brother-" Tess sighed shaking her head. "I didn't even recognize him."

"It was such a scandal," Isabel added. "And I never understood why, I thought he honored your mother's memory after her death and he took a second wife years after the standard mourning process- hence the younger baby brother."

Tess blinked, glancing over at Michael before turning her gaze back at Isabel. "You remember that? I don't even remember that."

Isabel gasped, her eyes widening. "I do."

"It's weird what you do remember," Tess suddenly laughed. "Even after all those dreams, I never once pictures us as Antarian. Oh, you should have seen it, they had a huge mural of the Royal Four- it was amazing."

"It was breathtaking," Kyle nodded. "I wonder if we could recreate it." He pondered as he closed his eyes and recalled the image in his mind. He leaned over and touched the wall, letting the mural take form.

Everyone stood amazed as the paint on the wall began to morph into different colors and take shape. What once was a dingy white wall was now a replica of the mural from Antar.

Kyle opened his eyes to check out his work, "not bad." He nodded as he glanced over at Tess. "I didn't forget anything, did I?"

"It's perfect," Tess whispered as she reached over and squeezed his hand, letting the others fully explore the mural. "Thank you," she added as she leaned in and kissed him.

"You're welcome," Kyle grinned, not paying attention to the others as they kissed once more.

"Earth to the lovebirds," Maria teased as they pulled apart and turned to her.

"It truly is amazing," Isabel smiled, unable to take her eyes from the mural.

"There's more," Max urged, turning to them, his gaze focusing on Kyle. "I felt it when we connected earlier, when your eyes flickered to the catlike eyes."

"I do," Kyle nodded as he briefly closed his eyes and scanned the immediate area, sighing as he realized there was no threat to being heard by Nasedo. "I have much to tell you."

"How do you know?" Michael questioned, studying him.

"Ares." He replied simply. "Tess can attest to it."

"Yeah," Tess nodded, rolling her eyes as she remembered the other evening. "They were speaking all cryptic. I had no clue what was going on, it wasn't until later that I found out that they were talking through their telepathic link-"

"Telepathic link," Liz repeated. "Is Ares also telepathic?"

"Apparently, Antarians are telepathic." Kyle began as he ran his hand through his hair. "It's only in recent generations that the ability has faded through the bloodlines- it's why I hear the four of you so much more than the others."

"That makes sense," Liz nodded. "I bet he was shocked that you had the power."

Kyle laughed. "You could say that- but, I'm glad that I did. It's the only reason he told me the truth. He told me the story of the Royal Four and all about the war that still wages against Antar."

Kyle paused, trying to put his thoughts into words. He didn't know where to begin, there was so much to cover.

"How does Nasedo play in all this?" Max questioned.

"He's Khivar's right hand man," Kyle growled. "And so be it, I'll kick his ass-"

"Khivar?" Isabel repeated, paling ever so slightly at his name. "How?"

Kyle sighed, sharing a quick glance with Tess. "Nasedo caused the crash in the first place, he killed one of the healers that was sent with the pods and took his place on the mission. He was never meant to be your protector, he was never meant to be here on Earth."

"He's an imposter." Max exhaled sharply. "Why didn't he just kill us? Why play us for fools all these years?"

Kyle closed his eyes briefly and sighed. "His mission is to bring Khivar the heir."

"The heir thing again?" Tess huffed. "But why? What does he gain?"

"The throne of Antar," Kyle replied simply, not wanting to tell them of the child they didn't remember, the heir that was missing.

"You're hiding something," Tess gasped as she studied him. "Kyle? What is it?" She demanded her voice rising with concern.

Kyle paused and he glanced away, his eyes flickering once more. "We are getting ahead of ourselves-"

"Why don't you get started then," Michael grumbled. "We just want some answers."

"I know you do," Kyle sighed. "I just," he paused, turning his gaze toward Tess. "I don't know if you're ready."

"Kyle," Tess sighed, reaching out and running her fingers down his arm. "Either way, we need to know the truth- to fight Nasedo. To fight Khivar."

Kyle nodded, sucking in a quick breath as he began to tell the legendary tale of the Royal Four. It was a simple fairytale of sorts- although, truth be told, Kyle didn't believe the flowery tale. "That was what Ares has heard all his life- but, even he has suspicion on the real truth."

"Then what was the point of telling us that shit then?" Michael questioned. "They make us sound weak- vulnerable. I don't believe it."

"You shouldn't," Kyle sighed. "Only you four know the truth and not what was written by the scholars. They don't know what happed that day in the throne room."

"But, how?" Isabel questioned, shaking her head. "How do we know what the truth is, we only remember fragments of the past."

"Ares showed me a technique to use," Kyle began after a short pause. "To awaken the memories hidden within your mind."

"Then why didn't you say so in the first place," Michael groaned, shaking his head.

"There may be complications," Kyle whispered as he shared a glance with Tess.

"What is it?" Max questioned, authority laced in his voice as he studied him.

Kyle rubbed the back of his neck. "Unlocking your memories, will unlock the alien inside you- you may in sense lose who you've become by opening them."

"No." Isabel gasped, shaking her head. "I don't want any part of this."

"Isabel," Max hissed. "You have to-"

"No, I don't." She insisted, her eyes wide with fear. "I just can't, not now-"

"You may have no choice," Kyle sighed. "It's an all or nothing type of thing. They need the four squares- as the Royal Four you were granted additional powers so to speak. They failed to use them when they could- they were ruled by their emotions and they were not able to defeat Khivar when they could."

The tension in the room great at his words and Isabel turned into Alex's arms. "Maybe we should break for a bit," He offered softly. "This is a lot to take in."

Max nodded. "Okay."

"Izzy," Alex whispered, kissing her softly. "Let's go outside for a bit." Isabel nodded and they made their way out, leaving the rest to ponder his words.

"So, this thing, this process," Maria began after a short pause as she glanced between Kyle and Michael. "This will change everything-"

"Yes," Kyle whispered. "For better or for worse, I don't know."

"But, we can defeat Nasedo." Michael stated with conviction. "And Khivar- by becoming our past we may reach for the future."

"Otherwise, we'll be stuck and never be able to really move on." Tess added softly as she leaned against Kyle. "We have no choice. We must become the Royal Four."

"And destiny?" Liz questioned softly. "What happens to us?"

"Liz," Max sighed as he wrapped his arms around her. "You are my destiny-"

"Can you be so sure?" Liz asked, shaking her head. "What if your alien side is stronger?"

"That's the risk they must take," Kyle whispered sharing the same fears she had. "There is no use retelling their history if-" his voice trailed off as he suddenly felt another presence, an alien presence. "He is near."

"Who?" Tess gasped, gazing up at him.

"Nasedo," he growled and she stiffened in his arms. "We must pretend- the charade." He stated quickly as he pressed a kiss to her lips and pulled away. "Liz," he stated holding his hand out to her. "We have to buy our time," he pressed as Liz nodded kissing Max once more before she took Kyle's hand and they disappeared before their eyes.

"What charade?" Michael questioned as there was a knock at the door.

"No time to explain," Max groaned as he reached out and took Tess' hand in his. "Trust us." He ordered and Michael nodded, shifting into his role of second in command. "Open the door."

tbc
Icalynn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Icalynn »

Thank you all for the feedback! It really makes my day! :) Hate to post and run, but I'm super busy.

Enjoy!

~ 47 ~

Kyle and Liz manifested back in the living room of the Valenti household. Kyle took a shuddering breath, his emotions running high. He immediately turned to Liz, who appeared awe struck. "You okay?" Kyle asked as Liz glanced around the room, opening and closing her mouth.

"Oh, wow." Liz gasped as she smiled at Kyle. "That was amazing- I can't even wrap my mind around it. It's so much cooler then my powers, I so don't blame you for teleporting when you can."

Kyle chuckled. "Was Max upset about this morning?"

"Just a little." Liz nodded, her mood deflating as they both recalled the reason why they teleported. "Are we going to be okay?" She suddenly asked as she sat down on his bed.

Kyle turned away from her and she sighed. "I don't know."

"You feel it, don't you? The uncertainty in all this-" She whispered and he sighed, nodding in agreement.

"I know Tess, I love her, and I know she loves me-" he began, his shoulders slumping in defeat.

"I know," Liz sighed as she reached over and took his hand, shocked as a series of images burned through her. She trembled at the intensity and pulled away from Kyle, her body trembling with the exertion.

"Liz?" Kyle gasped, reaching out to help her. "Are you okay? What did you see?"

"Tess isn't Tess," she cried out as she clung onto Kyle, needing his support. "Fresh air, I think-" She gasped, unable to take a full breath as she began to hyperventilate. "Kyle!"

"Hold on," he stated firmly as he wrapped his arms around her and teleported them to the safety of the backyard. "Liz?"

She nodded, closing her eyes as she took a deep breath. "Tess isn't Tess," she whispered once more.

"What do you mean?" he question slightly confused as he guided her to the picnic table and they both sat down.

"I'm not sure," Liz groaned, shaking her head. "I hate this, the images were so jumbled."

"We'll figure it out," Kyle added, his thoughts suddenly on Tess. "What else did you see?"

~

Tess tensed as Michael opened the door, not knowing what to expect. "Nasedo," Michael grunted in his familiar manner. "What brings you by?"

Nasedo ignored his question as he stepped into the room, his eyes darting over to Max and Tess. "Well, isn't this sweet," Nasedo drawled as he entered the room, noticing that Max and Tess were holding hands. "I take it that you have moved past the humans and to your destiny."

Max and Tess shared a look and Tess forced a bright smile to her face, hating ever moment of it. Max squeezed her hand, giving her the additional strength she needed to lie and pretend that Kyle meant nothing to her.

"Perhaps," Tess replied as she pulled her hand away from Max and absentmindedly rubbed the engagement ring on her left hand.

Nasedo's eyes narrowed on the movement and he instantly grabbed at her wrist. "What's this?" He questioned as Tess tried to pull away from him.

"Let me go," she demanded and he blatantly ignored her, twisting her wrist to further investigate her hand and the ring he felt but did not see.

"Let her go," Max ordered as Michael itched to attack him.

"You heard your King," Michael growled as he placed a hand on Nasedo's arm, giving him the only warning he would give.

Tess cried out in pain as he let her go, pulling the ring roughly of her hand. "An engagement ring?" He seethed as Tess paled.

The others stared in shock, not able to hide their disbelief as Nasedo held out the ring. "You're engaged to Kyle!?" Maria gasped, unable to stop herself, instantly slapping her hand over her mouth as she realized what she had said.

"Give it back," Tess cried out, her anger peeking as Nasedo stepped away, placing the ring in his pocket.

"I think not," Nasedo growled as he stared at them. "You have not learned." He spat, instantly throwing the three present up against the wall. The push wasn't enough to cause any major damage, but it gave him ample amount of time he needed to leave.

Tess groaned at the impact and pushed herself up. "I'm sorry," she gasped as she turned to her brother tending to Maria and then to Max. "We should have- oh, Kyle." She froze, her heart aching instantly. "Kyle I have to-"

"Kyle. You're engaged to Kyle?" Maria gasped, cutting her off. "Don't you think that's pertinent information for us to have? I mean, I'm his sister-" Maria sighed, her voice filled with disappointment.

"When?" Michael questioned and Tess sighed.

"The morning before we left," Tess whispered as she traced her ring finger. "It was the security I needed, before the charade-"

"You should have told us," Max stated with the authority of her King. She nodded weakly as she crossed her arms around her chest. "You must not keep anything like this, understood?"

"Understood," She repeated dryly, glaring at Max. "Are we done here?" She suddenly asked. "Nasedo is getting desperate and now he knows I broke my promise- Kyle's in danger. I have to warn him before it's too late."

~

"Do you hear that?" Liz asked as Kyle frowned, concentrating on the muffled ring tone and recognizing it as his own. He immediately reached down for his phone and realized it wasn't in his pocket.

"Damn." Kyle groaned, glancing back toward the house. "I must have left my phone somewhere in the house."

"Don't you think it's a little loud, considering we're outside?" Liz commented, trying not to laugh as Kyle made a face.

"I have a tendency to leave it around," he shrugged. "It was probably Tess."

"Probably," Liz nodded as the ringtone began once more. "Don't you think you should-"

"Go get that?" Kyle finished turning to go back inside when Tess burst through the back door.

"Thank god!" She cried as she flung herself at Kyle and wrapped her arms around him, pulling back slightly to gaze into his face. "Where is your phone?" Tess demanded. "I've been trying to call you."

"Hey," Kyle grinned as he wrapped his arms around her, leaning into kiss her when she pulled away.

"No- I'm mad at you." She returned as she slapped him on the arm, frowning at him. "God, I was so worried, and all you had to do was answer the damn phone!"

"I'm fine," Kyle insisted as he began to worry. "What's wrong?"

Tess shook her head, tears springing to her eyes. "He knows- and he, I know he'll try to do something."

"Knows what?" Kyle questioned as Tess raised her hand and gestured to her engagement ring. "Oh."

"Oh, my god!" Liz gasped. "You're engaged!"

"Yeah," Tess sighed, unable to stop herself from smiling and Liz immediately hit Kyle in the arm, causing Tess to laugh despite herself.

"I can't believe you kept this from us," Liz added, sounding slightly hurt. "Does everyone know?"

"Max, Michael, and Maria-" Tess nodded. "And I'm sure by now that Isabel and Alex know, but they weren't present when Nasedo practically ripped off my ring. The bastard." She sighed, turning to Kyle. "We need to get out of here- he's going to try something, I know he is. I broke my word-"

"Shh," Kyle soothed as he wrapped his arms around her and kissed the top of her head, shocked at the intense fear she felt. "We'll be okay."

"No, we need to go back to my place," she sighed, clinging onto him. "I don't want him to hurt us again-"

"Do you think that's wise?" Liz questioned from the side. "We are stronger together, if you go back-"

"He won't be able to reach us," Tess firmly answered. "It'll give us some time to figure it out. He's out for blood."

"It'll be okay," Kyle insisted. "Just call us and we'll jump back."

"Fine," Liz sighed as they disappeared from her sight and she turned to go back into the house when suddenly Tess was before her. "Tess!" She gasped her heart skipping a beat.

"Liz," Tess nodded as she frantically searched the immediate area. "Where's Kyle? I thought I heard him."

Liz stared at her, her vision coming back to her as she noticed Max and Michael at the back door, waiting. "Tess isn't Tess." She gasped, suddenly feeling weak in her knees as Tess stared at her.

"I don't understand," Tess whispered as Liz shook her head, visibly shaking. "Liz? Where's Kyle?"

Tess felt her heart suddenly drop as Liz paled, shaking her head as she reached out to Max. "Oh, god- he- he."

"He what?" Max questioned as he wrapped his arms around Liz.

"No." Tess groaned, suddenly understanding with crystal clarity. "Oh, no. No. No." She began, tears springing to her eyes. "He was here-" she hissed. "As me."

"Yes," Liz nodded as she leaned into Max.

"Where?" Tess managed to ask, trying to keep herself from completely breaking down.

"She- you, he." Liz mumbled, shaking her head. "He convinced Kyle to go home to your place- Kyle said to call if we needed you, him."

Tess nodded, her body going numb as her tears began to fall. "Oh, Kyle." She cried out as she felt her brother's arms wrap around her. "Michael." She whispered before she lost all control over her feelings and wept in his arms, clinging onto him.

"We'll find him," Michael whispered as he glanced over at Max, both feeling helpless as they watched Tess mourn for Kyle's fate. Neither knowing what to say, for they all knew that Kyle was on his own. Nasedo was smart about his tactics, drawing Kyle away from them.

Divide and conquer.

tbc
Icalynn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Icalynn »

Thank you all for the feedback, it really keeps me going!!

Rowedog- Lol, if I give them a break, the story's over! *g*
Killjoy- I'm with you on that the Nasedo hate too.
eric1978- Thanks, and you're sure on the right track.
Flamehair- Thanks, and Kyle knows a few tricks.
Fehrbaby- *g* Thanks! And I'm glad you caught up!

Oh, and my Author's chat is this upcoming week at Roswell Heaven! *g* I hope you all can drop in.

Enjoy!

~48~

Kyle tensed as he suddenly felt an empty void filled his mind and he turned sharply toward Tess. Her eyes flickered black and he knew that she was not who she seemed. "Tess?" He asked cautiously, not wanting to give away that he had figured it out a little too late for his taste.

"Wow," she gasped, her eyes widening ever so slightly and Kyle forced a smile to his face.

"It never gets old," he winked as he turned away, crossing over to the fridge. "We so need to go shopping," he commented as he took out a soda and popped the lid, taking a long sip. "And I think we need to clean," he added as he glanced around the room.

"Yeah," she nodded as she reached out to the counter and leaned against it. He paused, studying her every movement, her gait was unsteady- it was almost like the shapeshifter's body didn't agree with teleportation.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he ran his hand over hers.

"Yeah," she repeated shaking her head as her body trembled once more.

"Ah, that's too bad." Kyle snickered as he sent a weak blast toward her, wishing that he had the powers that Michael had.

He winced slightly as she cried out in pain and he pushed back the urge to help her, she wasn't his Tess.

Her eyes darkened as she stared at him, raising her hand toward him. "Took you long enough," she chuckled as she sent a power blast at him.

"The ring threw me off," Kyle replied as he attempted to doge the attack, but failed. He hissed in pain as it hit his left side and he sucked in a quick breath. "And the fear- did you truly fear me Nasedo?"

"I did what I had to," she countered as she licked her lips and Kyle couldn't help but be somewhat turned on. "Can you really hurt me?" She questioned as she yanked at her top, popping a few of the buttons off, exposing her skin and lacy bra underneath.

Kyle swallowed hard, unable to look away, his body responding to the visual stimuli. "You're not Tess." He stated dryly, trying to remind himself not to enjoy it.

"Aren't I?" She smiled as she ran her hands over her breasts and Kyle's eyes darted to her creamy exposed skin. "You are still weak to the flesh." She hissed as she sent a blast at him, sending him sailing across the room.

"Fuck," Kyle groaned as he quickly pushed himself off the ground and launched himself toward her.

"No!" She cried out sending another blast at him, but it missed its mark, just barely grazing over the top of his head. He smirked as he forced her to the ground and instantly teleported back to Michael's, hoping to find the additional help he needed.

He pushed away from her, his eyes widening as Nasedo's body shifted back to his normal appearance and back to Tess'. He staggered slightly and glanced around the room, finding no one. "Fuck," he grunted not knowing if he had the energy to teleport the shifter to another destination, but he knew that one more time may hurt Nasedo even more.

Kyle placed his hand on his side, the pain searing through him with every movement. He held his side, groaning as he glanced down at the blood on his hand. "Fuck." He grated as he turned back to Nasedo.

He wanted to kill him, but found he couldn't as long as he kept Tess' form."Fucking bastard," he growled as he pulled him up off the ground. "You deserve worst." He spat as he used the last bit of his energy to teleport back to where he started from.

He stumbled away from Nasedo, letting the shifting body fall to the ground. He glanced over to see Tess standing before him. "No," he cried as he sunk to his knees, giving up as he attempted to push her away.

"It's really me," She whispered as she reached out to him and wrapped her arms around him.

He whimpered, wrapping his arms around her as her feeling of love engulfed him. "Tess," he gasped as his eyes fluttered closed and he let himself rest.

"I'm here," she added softly as Tess held him tight.

She glanced up at the others for a second, before her eyes drifted to Nasedo. He continued to shift back and forth, before stabilizing into what they assumed was his natural form.

They were speechless, no one moved from their spots, unable to process the recent turn of events. Only moments ago they were debating on what to do next, they debated on flying out or calling the police, and now it was all a mute point.

Liz stood to her side as Max and Michael circled Nasedo's body. Michael kicked at Nasedo's leg, waiting for him to strike first, but he only grunted in response.

"Order me," Michael growled as he glanced between Max and his sister. "Order me to kill him."

"We still need him," Max stated and Michael groaned in frustration. "We kill him and Khivar will know."

Disregarding their pending argument, Tess turned her gaze back to Kyle as he began to tremble in her arms. "Kyle?" She gasped as his eyes snapped open, revealing the Antarian catlike eyes.

He grunted as he pushed himself up, pulling away from Tess' embrace. He barely glanced at Michael and Max as he towered over Nasedo's supine body. His voice rose, speaking in rapid Antarian the words meaning nothing to those present, but everything to the shapeshifter.

Nasedo groaned, looking up at Kyle in fear. "You can't-" he gasped as he attempted to get up. Kyle growled, shooting him with a brilliant blast of light, shocking the others at the intensity of it. "No!" He cried as the light seemed to engulf him, keeping him in his place.

"You have been found guilty of treason against your King and of the attempted murder of your Queen and her consort." He stated in a clipped voice his hands glowing as he raised them toward Nasedo. "Punishable by death."

"No, Kyle." Max ordered and Kyle glanced at him, acknowledging his presence with a curt nod.

"My king," he drawled, his catlike gaze locking with his. "The granolith has spoken." He stated as he turned to his prey. "Punishable by death," he repeated as he raised his hand once more.

"Stand down," Max demanded, yanking at Kyle's arm.

"You have no power over the granolith or of his guardian," Kyle drawled, pulling him arm away from Max. "This does not concern you."

"Kyle," Tess began and Kyle turned to her, his face remaining expressionless.

"You cannot stop this," he stated as he sent a blast wave, killing Nasedo instantly and teleporting away.

"Kyle!" Tess gasped as they stared at the pile of ash in complete shock, unable to comprehend what had just happened. "Where did he go?"

"Where did he go?" Michael questioned sharply. "Don't you mean, what the fuck just happened? Where did those powers come from?"

"The granolith," Max answered with complete confidence. "Don't you feel it?"

"No," Tess sighed, trying to concentrate when she heard Kyle's voice crystal clear in her mind.

'Help me.'

Tess gasped, her eyes widening. "Kyle," She cried out, suddenly understanding what was happening to him. She trembled slightly as she felt what he was feeling, amplified by the granolith tenfold.

The granolith wanted a guardian and it chose Kyle.

"Tess?" Michael questioned, concerned over her outburst.

"We have to go to the pod chamber," Tess urged. "Kyle needs us."

tbc
Last edited by Icalynn on Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Icalynn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Icalynn »

Thank you, eric1978, killjoy, Rowedog, alizaleven, Fehrbaby, and Flamehair for the awesome feedback... and I swear I'm not evil! Promise.

My Author's chat is today at Roswell Heaven! *g* I hope you all can drop in.

Enjoy!

~ 49~

His body felt like it was on fire, the additional energy from the blast nipping angrily at his skin. Kyle glanced around the pod chamber, his heart racing as he tried to recall why he teleported, why he had no control over his powers. He suddenly felt out of control and instantly started to panic, calling out to Tess, even though he knew she couldn't hear him.

"Oh, Buddha," he exhaled as he tried to calm down, his heart skipping a beat as he felt an immediate pull toward the granolith. "Why?" He questioned, hesitant to make contact with the alien artifact.

Kyle tentatively reached out and let his fingers slide over the smooth metal. He sighed, closing his eyes and letting down his guard. He felt a serene feeling he'd never felt before wash over him, his initial panic fading as he communed with the granolith.

He heard voices around him and he turned to see everyone he just left moments ago. "Hey," he smiled as their questions overlapped each others, their concern and fear radiating from them.

"Are you okay- what just happened- you killed Nasedo- the granolith-"

He held his hand out, silencing them. "How did you know where to find me?" Kyle questioned as Tess stepped forward and Kyle quickly wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close.

"You," Tess replied. "You said, 'help me'. I could feel your panic-"

"You heard me?" Kyle gasped in awe as he glanced back at the granolith. "I didn't even realize that-"

"You've been chosen by the granolith to be the guardian," Max interrupted, crossing over to him.

"I'm not the only one," Kyle whispered, turning his gaze to Liz. "You've begun to feel it too."

Liz nodded. "Yes, but how?"

"Max marked us when he healed us," Kyle explained as glanced at Max. "The King chooses the guardians. The granolith has been searching for us for many years- but it didn't recognize the mark of the King due to the fact that we are fundamnetally human. It wasn't until I came back from Antar that it finally recognized the mark and it was calling to me. I brushed it off until it tapped into my powers, helping me, guiding me."

"Nasedo," Tess whispered.

"Yes," he sighed.

"Your eyes," she continued softly. "They are no longer Antarian."

"No," Kyle exhaled. "My eyes reflect when I'm connected to the granolith- when I used my powers it connected briefly with me. Although, I didn't realize it at the time."

"And now?" Max prompted, studying him briefly.

"I know," Kyle smiled as he blinked his eyes and opened them, revealing the catlike Antarian eyes. "I can control it," He continued as he raised his hand out and formed a small fireball in his hand.

"Does this mean you have more powers?" Michael asked as Kyle shook his head no, extinguishing the fireball in his hand and closing his eyes briefly, changing them back.

"No, the Royal Four has the greatest power of all. You've just not woken up their full potential yet." Kyle explained quickly. "There is much to explain and I doubt you want to stand here all afternoon and we need to track down the others-"

"Are you sure you're up to it?" Tess asked looking up to him. "You were injured."

Kyle smiled. "I'm fine, the granolith healed me." He stated as he pulled away, showing her his side, that just moment before was raw and bleeding. "See."

"I didn't realize the granolith, held so much power," Max remarked and Kyle chuckled.

"It doesn't," Kyle explained. "It's a conduit of your powers- or rather the people of Antar."

"It makes sense," Liz added. "Otherwise they would have found this place years ago by just the energy it produced."

"Can you leave?" Tess questioned, suddenly recalling Enai and his need to stay near the granolith at all times.

"Technically, no. There is to be one guardian nearby at all times." Kyle sighed, shaking his head. "But, since my power is teleportation it will let me go-"

"Since you can teleport back," Tess finished for him.

"Yeah," Kyle nodded as he wrapped his arms around Tess.

"But, isn't the immediate threat gone?" Michael asked. "Nasedo's gone. There is no one left to even-"

"That's not entirely true," Liz interrupted. "My vision. There are more aliens among us."

Kyle nodded in agreement. "Yes."

"What do you mean by that?" Max demanded. "There are more aliens, where?"

"My visions are unclear," Liz whispered as she reached out and trailed her fingers over the granolith. "The granolith can sense them- they are not from Antar."

"They are few in numbers, they are dying off. They were not able to find the Royal Four- they still do not know where you are." Kyle continued. "Khivar sent them when Nasedo failed to bring back the heir."

"Who?" Max demanded, glancing between Kyle and Liz.

"The Skins." Liz whispered, her eyes fluttering close and opened revealing the same Antarian catlike eyes.

"Liz," Tess gasped. "Your eyes."

Liz pulled her hand away from the granolith and blinked her eyes, opening them once more. "Our powers are unique to Antarians," Liz stated as she glanced over at Kyle.

"Clairvoyance and teleportation are rarely seen," Kyle nodded as Liz bit her lip and glanced over at Max, Tess, and Michael.

"They do not remember," she whispered sadly and Max was instantly at her side.

"Don't remember what?" Max questioned. "How-"

"The granolith," Liz explained. "I know everything that Kyle does. As guardians it is required that we know the history of Antar and of the Royal Four."

"Okay, this is a little too much to take in." Michael grumbled. "Why is it the humans of our little group know more than we do?"

"He still has the same temper," Liz remarked, winking at Kyle.

He chuckled, nodding in agreement.

"That's it." Michael snapped. "I want to know."

"You will," Kyle replied as he glanced over at Liz. "We will tell you everything."

"But not today," Tess remarked as she squeezed Kyle's hand.

"I thought-" Kyle began as Tess shook her head.

"No, we've already been through so much in the last twenty four hours and I don't want to share you at the moment." She stated as she glanced at Max and Michael. "Tomorrow."

"As you wish," Liz replied with a smile as she took Max's arm. "Tomorrow."

"Whoa," Michael stammered. "Just like that?"

"She's the queen," Liz shrugged as she leaned against Max. "And she's right. We've all been through so much- besides, we have a little matter to clean up first, before the authorities get wind of it."

"Nasedo," Kyle nodded. "My father will help us with the authorities- but we should search his house. See what else he's hiding."

"Not to mention there are three missing from our group," Liz added. "We need to fill them in before we continue."

"I'll talk with Maria," Michael sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. "And we'll check out the house."

Max nodded. "I'll speak with Isabel and Alex-"

"We both will," Liz smiled, leaning up to kiss him.

"And I'll-" Kyle began as Tess shook her head no.

"Do as I say and relax," Tess commanded and Kyle smiled.

"Oh, yeah?" He questioned, quirking an eyebrow at her.

"Yeah," she smiled, kissing him softly as she wrapped her arms around his neck and he lopped his arms around her. "And fuck me senseless," she whispered into his ear.

Kyle stiffened, his body instantly responding to her command and he groaned. "Anything for my queen," he managed to stammer as he glanced back at the others. "See you later, we have um, yeah, bye." He added as he teleported them back to his room.

"Eager?" She teased as she ran her fingers over his crotch and he bit back a moan.

"God, Tess." He gasped, kissing her hard as there was a knock on his bedroom door.

"Kyle?" He heard his father's voice and he groaned with impatience.

"What?" He hollered back, turning away from Tess.

"Care to explain the mess in the back yard?" He questioned and Kyle sighed.

Tess smiled, leaning in and kissing him. "We have all night," she offered. "We need to do this first-"

Kyle nodded, taking her hand in his and opened the door, to tell his father and face the consequences for his role in it.

tbc
Icalynn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Icalynn »

Thank you, Flamehair, Rowedog, and eric1978 for the feedback!

Sorry for the delay, I took my free night off for the chat. *g* And then my muse didn't want to shut up!

Enjoy!

~50~

Tess listened as Kyle and Jim discussed the recent events and she wanted more than anything to go back upstairs and just relax and perhaps, maybe a little more than that. She ran her fingers over her hands, pausing as she realized she no longer had her engagement ring.

"My ring!" Tess gasped as she glanced over at the Valenti men. "He had it- when, well, you know."

"It may be in the back yard," Kyle offered with a shrug of his shoulders. "In the ashes."

Tess made a face at the thought. "Eww," she groaned. "You can't expect me to-"

Kyle laughed, leaning over and kissing her softly. "I'll find it for you and make it good as new."

"Thanks," she smiled as he turned and jogged out to the back yard.

"Ring?" Jim questioned, frowning ever so slightly. "And what ring would this be?"

Tess blushed. "My engagement ring," she whispered as Jim's eyes widened at the news.

"Did you ever plan to tell us?" He questioned trying to sound harsh, but failing to hide his happiness at the announcement.

"Surprise?" Tess smiled as Kyle raced back into the room, ring in hand. "Oh, Kyle!" She gasped as he slipped the ring around her finger. "Thank you!"

He leaned in and kissed her as Jim coughed beside them. "I asked Tess to marry me," Kyle grinned wrapping his arms around her.

"I assume Tess said yes," he teased lightly and she nodded in reply. "Well then, we'll have to have a little celebration dinner."

"Yes," Kyle nodded. "We do."

~

They giggled as they ran up the stairs to his room. Kyle instantly pulled her into his arms, kissing her hungrily as the door closed behind them.

"Now where were we?" Tess purred, her hands brushing against the crotch of his pants.

"Tess," he hissed as she continued to rub her hand over his growing erection.

"Kyle," Tess whispered as she leaned in and kissed him. "Fuck me."

Kyle moaned, unable to form a coherent response as she tugged on his pants and roughly pulled them down over his erection.

"Tess," he groaned as he eagerly pulled at her clothing and pushed them toward his bed. He cupped his hands over her breast, brushing his thumbs over her nipples.

"Oh, Kyle," she gasped as she pushed him onto the bed and straddled him, kissing him as her fingers dug into his biceps. "Need you."

Kyle moaned as she rocked her hips into his. "Fuck," he exhaled sharply bypassing all pretense of foreplay as he pressed her back onto the bed.

"Kyle," she whined as she parted her legs, cradling him in between her thighs.

Kyle kissed her as he thrust into her wet heat. "Tess," he moaned almost coming at the simple act. It seemed like months had passed since they made love, even though it had only been a week at most.

"Oh, Kyle," she groaned as she thrust her hips up, urging him to move.

He nipped lightly at her lips as he slowly began to thrust in and out, increasing the pace until they were both breathing hard and close to the edge. Kyle's body began to tingle as he felt a surge in his powers, instantly connecting to the granolith.

Tess moaned, digging her fingers into his arms, clinging onto him as she felt the power within him grow and flow into her. "Kyle," she moaned, her eyes fluttering close as she felt the power with in her peak. "Oh, god." She gasped, her body trembling as her orgasm peaked, her eyes flickering to their once Antarian form.

"My queen," he sighed, stilling his movements as their gazes connected. "My love," he whispered, kissing her softly.

"My love," she moaned as he continued to move, bringing her quickly to the edge once more.

She cried out, her muscles, clamping down hard as her second orgasm swept over her. "Tess," he moaned as the increased sensation triggered his own.

He collapsed beside her, holding her close as their breathing slowly returned to normal, sharing breathless kisses. "That was intense," he commented as he ran his fingers through her hair.

"Will it always be like this?" She questioned, looking up at him. "The granolith's powers encompassing us?"

Kyle shrugged, "I have no idea, but I won't mind trying it out to see."

Tess hummed, offering him a lazy smile. "I wouldn't complain."

"Good," he grinned as leaned in and kissed her, trailing his fingers over her side, teasing the curve of her breast.

She shivered at his touch, mimicking his touch as she ran her leg over his. "Kyle," she whimpered, thrusting her hips against his.

"Fuck," Kyle grunted, his body instantly responding to her touch.

"Yeah," Tess moaned as she nipped at his lips. "Need you," she whined, unable to stop herself.

"Tess," he groaned, sliding his tongue against hers, deepening the kiss.

She gasped as he entered her once more, this time the pace was slow and more erotic. Both feeling their emotions heightened as they once more connected with the granolith. The high was nothing like they felt before- they cried out, their skin sparking as their orgasm washed over them and they fell back to the bed in an exhausted heap. Both, feeling well fucked.

"I'm starving," Kyle commented after a few moments, disturbing their post coital bliss. Tess blinked up at him and then glanced briefly at the clock.

"It's only one," she chuckled, shaking her head. "We had a huge dinner not too long ago- and you practically devoured one of Amy's pies."

"Worked up an appetite," he replied with a grin as he rubbed his abdomen and stretched his well used muscles.

Tess sighed, leaning up to kiss him. "Then go fix something to eat, I think I'll pass out now."

"Kay," he nodded as he jumped off the bed and searched for something to wear. "Want anything?"

"I'll pass," she smiled as she snuggled back into the bed. "Enjoy."

"Be back soon," Kyle grinned as he pulled on a pair of sweat pants and made his way down the stairs.

He stopped in his tracks as he noticed Maria sitting in the kitchen by herself, nursing what he assumed was a cup of tea. She had a far off look on her face and she looked as if she had been crying.

"Hey," Kyle began, stepping tentatively in the kitchen.

Maria bristled slightly and snapped her gaze up at him. "Hey," she replied, smiling weakly.

"Okay," Kyle sighed, sitting down across from her. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong," she grumbled as she clasped the mug in front of her and dropped her gaze to the table.

"Maria," he urged as he studied her, realizing they hadn't really talked in ages. "You can't fool me."

She huffed, taking a sip from her mug, and then glanced up at him. "It's just, everything's changed- I, we." She sighed, shaking her head, obviously trying to find the words to reply. "It used to be so good-everyone was happy."

Kyle frowned at her words, "I wasn't."

Maria's eyes widened. "Oh, Kyle- I didn't mean, I just-"

"I know." Kyle sighed, shaking his head.

"It's just that there was no alien shit, no secrets, no freaky powers-" she began, waving her hands in the air. "The humans were essentially humans and the aliens, were, well aliens."

"Maria-"

"And now you and Liz are more alien then the aliens-" Maria gasped, tears stinging her eyes. "You're connected to the granolith- and- and-"

"And what?" Kyle prompted softly, not knowing if he wanted to know.

"I feel so left out," she sighed.

"Maria," he whispered, reaching out and squeezing her hand. "I-"

"No," Maria groaned, pulling her hand away. "Everything is different, every since you found her, the fourth. She's so great, she's so beautiful, her very presence has destroyed the group. Don't you see? Max and Liz are having problems because Liz is so focused on the whole destiny thing- you think seeing her boyfriend kiss her made things easier? Alex and Izzy are having problems too- she's so focused on her past that it's putting pressure on their relationship now. And Michael and I are not nearly as close, he keeps pushing me away all of a sudden- back to his I will only hurt you routine. All because you hooked up with Tess-" Maria took a quick breath as Kyle was about to protest. "And you- you've been in the hospital, sent to Antar, lost your football scholarship- fuck, Kyle, do you realize you can't ever move away from Roswell, go to school, you are chained to the damn granolith."

Kyle gasped, he had never once considered everyone else, and if he was honest, he didn't really think that far into the future. "I-"

"I wish you never went away to school." Maria admitted softly. "I wish you never meet Tess."

Kyle opened his mouth to respond when he heard a strangled gasp from the hallway and he turned to see Tess standing in the doorframe, her hand over her mouth, her eyes wide. "Tess." He gasped as she turned and ran up the stairs. "Maria." He hissed as he stood up.

"I didn't really mean it," Maria stammered as she stood up. "I didn't- I just. Oh, god."

Kyle closed his eyes, torn, not knowing what to do. "I know," he whispered. "You just needed to vent- but, know this. Tess is the love of my life, she completes me in ways I never thought possible. Sure things have been a little crazy, but I never stopped loving her, or you."

Maria nodded, tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry."

Kyle sighed, instantly teleporting back upstairs to see Tess stuffing her things into her bag. "Tess-" he began as he tried to wrap his arms around her and she pushed him away.

"No," she growled. "Obviously no one wants me here- I- I'm going home."

"Then I'm going with you," Kyle stated and she froze, her shoulders beginning to tremble. "I love you," he whispered as he wrapped his arms around her.

"But, I've ruined everything," she sniffed as she turned into him. "She's right-"

"No," Kyle insisted, kissing the top of her head. "It would have all happened sooner or later," he whispered, holding her close. "And honestly, I don't care about any of the consequences. I love you."

Tess smiled weakly, "love you." She hiccupped, wrapping her arms around him. "So much."

tbc