Broken Wings (AU,M/L,ADULT) (Complete)

This is the gallery for the winners of the fanfic awards to show off their fics, and their banners!

Moderators: Itzstacie, Forum Moderators

max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by max and liz believer »

First of all, I would like to thank those of you (you know who you are :D) that managed to meet up with me for the author's chat. I had great fun! And I hope you had too... :roll:

Now, when it concerns this story all chapters up to and including this one have now been reposted. Chapter 22 and onwards have never been posted before. This also means that you are now stuck with me since Stef (due to busy life) is unable to finish this story with me. For those of you who have read my other works and know of my sometimes infrequent updates :roll:, don't be alarmed. I have already written up to chapter 28 and I just need them edited by my fantastic beta before posting them. I suspect that around chapter 30 is a good place to end this story, so there's not many chapters left and I think I can pull it off without leaving you hanging for terribly long.

With that said, to all of you, my beautiful readers, thank you;

clueless
roswell4life
rowedog
aussietrueblue
begonia9508
cassie
Natalie36
dreamerbabylioness

Chapter 21 (by Jo)

She couldn’t breathe. Her chest was aching and she was starting to feel dizzy. As the weight of the water was pressing down on her, her head started to feel light. As the muscles in her arms gave out, she became intensely aware of the water around her. It was encircling her, devouring her, pressing the air out of her lungs. Her lungs had been burning a second ago, but were now past the point of conscious pain. Her mouth opened and water started to flow in and she knew. She knew that this might be the last seconds of her life, but it didn’t scare her anymore. The hands pushing into the flesh of her upper arm, forcing her body to remain under water weren’t frightening her any longer. But then his face moved to hover above hers and she felt the pain. She felt it strike her heart so hard that it felt as if the heart disintegrated. She could see his smile through the water surface, making the open wounds of her heart sting. Then she heard his voice echo in her head.

“You will never get rid of me. I will never disappear.”

The air burned the inner walls of her lungs as she fiercely pulled in the oxygen. It took her a couple of seconds before she was able to orient herself. With her chest heaving and her heart racing, she looked around herself into the darkness of her bedroom, a single small lamp spreading a humble light around the bed. She still couldn’t sleep with all lights off. But even though the light from the lamp usually was warm and comforting, she couldn’t calm herself down. She clutched the sheets closer around her body, trying to fight off the chills coursing through her body. However, the one fact remained, and it was breathing down her neck intensifying her shivering, that she was alone. All alone.

She settled back down and closed her eyes in an attempt to go back to sleep. But his face continued to haunt her. His smile was making her feel unwanted and nauseous. She turned her head and looked to her side, at the picture frame decorated with small teddy bears with balloons and the photo inside. It was a picture of her and Max when they were about eight. There was something different in her eyes; a look of happiness that she didn’t recognize any longer. Looking at that little girl was like looking at a complete stranger. She didn’t understand her. She couldn’t remember a time when she had been that carefree. She couldn’t remember a time when fear wasn’t overshadowing her every move. She couldn’t remember a time when her father was not looking over her shoulder; waiting for her to make a mistake so that he could attack. She pulled the comforter closer around her as the air around her seemed to grow colder. She closed her eyes against the darkness that suddenly seemed to hide danger.

She hated living alone. She would never admit it to Max, because she was tired of being a burden to him. She wanted to appear independent. She wanted to try to actually be independent, but it had proved to be harder than she had anticipated it to be. All her life she had wished to be left alone. She had wanted to find a place of her own where her father couldn’t reach her and her mother’s absence couldn’t hurt her. She had been afraid to acknowledge that those wishes were the dreams of a little girl taking her refuge in a fairytale land. The reality was different. When she was finally left alone, she realized that she hated it. She couldn’t stand this loneliness.

With a deep sigh she turned in the bed, as if changing position would remove the loneliness. But she would always be alone. She would never be able to recognize what other girls in her age were talking about when they started to discuss boys and parties. To her, the world had been irreversibly changed by her father, and his presence was still burning holes in her very existence.

<center>---------------------------------------------</center>

A sudden sound woke him up and his heart went from a slow steady breathing to a wild gallop as the adrenaline suddenly pumped through his blood vessels. Without moving the rest of his body, his hand moved slowly out from underneath the comforter to contact the baseball bat he always kept there. His fingers encircled the hard wood, feeling its solid weight as he lifted it from the floor. The sound was coming closer; a rustle outside his window. A twig from the tree standing guard outside his window slammed against the pane, making him jump. Every nerve in his body was on edge. If this had happened a couple of months ago, he wouldn’t have been so afraid. But ever since he took Liz away from her father and he had learnt so much about her world, his world had irrevocably changed and his openhearted and trustful nature had taken quite a blow.

He relaxed slightly as the twig continued to brush its hard fingers against his window. Maybe it had only been the tree rustling in the window. His eyes were still trained on the window, but he was slowly moving back into the bed. Suddenly a human hand was pressed up against the window and he froze. But not out of fear, but out of concern. Another night flashed through his mind, a night when he had run away from Roswell to save his best friend’s life. Because he had no problem recognizing the petite hand pressed up against the window pane. The bat fell to the floor and his feet touched the floor the same second her face came into view behind the window. He tried to will himself to relax. She didn’t look hurt and she wasn’t crying, but he couldn’t shake the feeling that something was wrong nonetheless. Why would she be here otherwise?

His fingers fumbled with the small lock on the window and she smiled at him, nervously, when he opened the window.

“Hey,” she said softly.

“Hi.” The confusion he felt was reflected in the tone of his voice and she smiled again, insecurely, as if trying to tell him that she wasn’t quite sure why she was there either.

“Can I come in?” she said, pointedly raising one of her eyebrows.

“Sure,” Max said quickly, moving out of the way and reaching out with one hand to be able to catch her if she fell.

“Thanks,” she mumbled.

Max observed her as she slowly and mutely crossed the floor. “Is everything okay, Liz?”

“Sure,” she said, looking up at him and smiled again. All this smiling was on the border of freaking Max out. He got the feeling that something was wrong. She wasn’t herself.

“Are you sure?”

“Am I not allowed to visit my friend?” Liz asked with another smile plastered on her face. Her eyes were on a photo frame next to his bed and her fingers were tracing his eight-year-old face on that picture. He knew that she had the same photo in her apartment. They had found it among some stuff that her father had put away in her family home.

Max raised an eyebrow. “At three in the morning?”

She laughed. A little too nervously, Max thought. “Yes, I admit it’s a little late. I just… I couldn’t sleep and I thought that I could come and check on what you were doing.”

”Probably sleeping,” Max said pointedly. But there was a hint of amusement in his voice now.

“To be honest, I didn’t really think about what time it was. I’m sorry.” She gave him a half-crooked smile as she started to walk up towards him. “Will you forgive me?”

Her hands brushed down his T-shirt clad chest and his eyes followed the movements of her hands before looking at her confusingly. What was she doing?

“Liz, are you sure you’re okay?”

“I need you, Max,” she whispered and he could hear a familiar break in her voice. Her eyes looked down at her feet and his overprotective streak kicked in full force.

He put one finger under her chin and forced her to look at him. “Liz?”

Before he had time to ask anything else, her lips were on his. At first, he was too perplexed to react but his body quickly fixed that problem for him. He became increasingly aware of the softness of her warm lips against his and his hands moved to cradle her face, trying to pull her even closer. Her lips were slanting over his, her tongue demanding entrance. There was urgency about her that he hadn’t noticed before and he wasn’t sure if he should just welcome it as a natural progression of their relationship or if he should be worried.

She pressed her body up against his and he could feel the heat from her body. One of his hands moved down to her waist, pulling her closer and keeping her close.

“Max,” she murmured, her hands moving restlessly up and down his chest. “Please, Max.”

He wasn’t sure what she was asking him to do, but his heart was convinced that it would do whatever she asked as a helpless sigh escaped her lips. Her tongue brushed hungrily against his and he thought that he had never experienced anything as sweet as Liz. How could someone taste like sunshine? Her fingers were now threading through his hair, her whole being whimpering underneath the assault of his kisses, which were now being rained down her neck. Everywhere his body brushed against hers felt like it was on fire.

Mutually, they started moving towards the bed and when the back of Max’s knees contacted with the edge of the bed, he felt himself falling backwards, bringing Liz down on top of him. Something at the back of his head started to make slight protests as Liz just continued kissing him, with such fervency like she might die if she didn’t. Something felt wrong about this, but then Liz’s hand sneaked underneath his T-shirt and his mind became a blurry mess of emotions as he responded to the pleasure of having her small hand moving over his skin.

“God Liz,” he sighed into her mouth as the softness of her hands glided over his warm chest.

Her weight on top of him was comforting at the same time as it was arousing. Then her hands moved down to the zipper of his pants, his whole body giving a startle as she in the process brushed over the part that really needed relief right now, and warning bells went of in his head.

“Liz?”

He had to fight every primitive instinct in his body to reach down with his hands and grab her wrists. Her large eyes, filled with confusion, met his as he pulled her hands away.

“What’s wrong?” she asked.

Max swallowed at the hurt in her voice and he struggled to not give in and let her do whatever she needed to do. God knows his body sure wanted her to. But there’s was something really wrong about the situation and he wouldn’t let her destroy another part of herself just because he couldn’t control himself enough to stop it.

“Liz, baby, let’s talk about this,” Max answered.

She looked at him for a long second and then she bent forward so that her lips were just an inch from his.

“I don’t really feel like talking right now,” she smiled and then closed the distance.

God, did she taste good. Was it possible for any person’s lips to be so soft?

With a strangled, regretful sigh he gently pushed her away. “No, Liz.”

She looked at him again and his heart constricted when he saw the glittering surface of tears form in her eyes.

“Fine,” she murmured and lifted herself off him.

Max could practically feel the coldness she was emitting and he sat up, trying to catch her by the arm before she disappeared completely. But she was already standing in the middle of the room, her arms wrapped tightly around herself, her back hard and signaling pain turned towards him.

“Don’t you want me, Max?” she asked in a small voice.

“Liz, this is not about not wanting you, believe-“

“Then what?” she interrupted. “Every guy jumps at this opportunity. If a girl shows up in their room in the middle of the night they don’t object, they do what she wants.”

“I’m not like most other guys, Liz, and are you saying you could have gone to just any guy?”

There was a short silence before she answered coldly, “Maybe I should have.”

He looked at her back, unconsciously moving his eyes over her tousled hair. He wouldn’t let her hurt him. She was hurt right now and she wanted him to feel it too, but he wouldn’t let her. “What is going on?”

She spun around and he could see the tearstains on her cheeks. Her eyes were large and sad. So sad. “Well, I came here because I wanted you and stupidly enough I thought that you wanted me too since you kissed me the other day.”

”I do, Liz. God, do you know how much I had to fight with myself to stop?”

“Why did you?” Tears become more frequent and she sniffled out the next part. “Why can’t you love me? I just want someone to love me. My dad hates me and my-my-my mom sees me as another inconvenient detail that she has to fit into her life.”

Max moved to get off the bed. “Sweetie, don’t-“

”No, Max.” She stared at him, her breath catching in her throat and her bottom lip trembling with abandonment. “I just wanted one thing from you and you are not willing to give it to me. I’m just gonna lea-“

Max caught her elbow as she turned around for the window and turned her back to him.

“Liz,” his voice a little harder and firmer, “Listen to me. I don’t think you are ready for sex yet.”

Her eyes dropped to her feet, as if naming what she had been after embarrassed her.

“Sex complicates things and I don’t think you are ready for complications right now.”

“That’s not for you to decide,” she murmured.

“Yes, it is. I’m not just a person you can use to feel better, Liz. I have my own feelings and my own thoughts about all of this and even though I want nothing more than to carry you back to my bed right now and show you just how much I do love you, I don’t like the idea of you coming here and asking me to make love to you just so that you won’t feel alone and unloved. That’s it, isn’t it?”

She pulled a sniffled breath and answered him with her gaze still fixed on the floor. “I thought you were my boyfriend and this is what you do when you’re in relationship, Max.”

“No,” Max whispered and reached out to gently touch her cheek. She slightly pulled back first but he just extended his motion to reach her.

“When you’re in a relationship you look out for each other and you take care of each other. When one is feeling bad or sad you give comfort.”

“Then why couldn’t you-“

”That’s not the right kind of comfort.”

Her eyes closed and she bit her lower lip while trying to control her sobbing. He watched her quietly, trying to figure out what to do.

“Why couldn’t I fall in love with one of those jocks? They would gladly have sex with me.”

“Because your heart doesn’t need that. You deserve more, Liz. You deserve so much more.”

She dried her cheeks with the back of her hand and to Max’s surprise she gave a small quiet laughter.

“What?”

She shook her head in disbelief. “Everything you’re saying right now just makes me want you more.”

He smiled and gently cupped her face between his hands and forced her to look at him. “I love you, Liz. I’ve loved you for longer than I can remember.”

“You are not really helping,” Liz whispered, referring to her trying not to jump him.

He gave her another smile and then ever so gently kissed her. Her eyes drifted close and her lips started to tingle. She emitted a frustrated sigh as he pulled away which made him smile again.

“You are never alone, Liz. Never again. If you let me, I’m gonna hang around – a lot.”

“That’s good,” Liz smiled.

Max looked at her for a long time before voicing his question. “Do you wanna stay?”

Liz looked at him incredulously, slightly raising one eyebrow. “Max Evans, I thought that you didn’t wa-“

”To sleep,” Max interrupted and he added softly, his eyes barely holding onto hers. “I need to hold you.”

Liz couldn’t help but feel that it was refreshing to have him needing her for once, but she couldn’t deny that she too wanted to spend the night safe in his arms. She had missed it. She had missed the uncomplicated intimacy, comfort and safety sleeping enveloped in his arms had brought her when they had been running from her father.

“I guess if I have to settle for that I will.”

He rolled his eyes at her hint of teasing and took her hand, pulling her towards the bed.

It was with smooth instinct and easy natural feeling that they climbed into bed and curled up against each other. Liz positioned herself on her side and Max spooned his body around her, letting his hand creep under her shirt at the waist to feel the warmth of her skin against his. His contented sigh drifted to her ear as he pulled her even closer. She could hear his breathing easing out into sleep after a few minutes and she placed one of her hands on top of the one around her waist and closed her eyes, letting the warmth of his body spread into hers as sleep claimed her tired mind.

TBC...
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

Instagram: author_josephin_ripa
max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

Sprayadhesive
rowedog
Natalie36
cassie
aussietrueblue
clueless
behrluv32
sweetbrowneyes
- Thank you for visiting from lurkdom, Tiffany, to let me know that you are reading :D
begonia9508

The new chapters starts now...

Chapter 22

“You know what you need?”

Liz put two chips in her mouth. “What?”

“A house warming party.”

Liz looked at Maria with disapproval. “I don’t really feel up to a house warming party, Maria.”

“It will be fun. Very economical as well since people are forced to buy you stuff for your home.”

”Stuff that I probably don’t want anyway.”

“Come on, Liz. You need to do something fun. You can’t just sit here all day.”

”I don’t. I go to school. I hang out with you. I hang out with Max.”

”Other people, Liz. It’s bad to isolate yourself from other people.”

Liz looked at her incredulously. “Since when?”

Maria shrugged. “It’s just one of the laws of nature.”

Liz smiled. “Right.”

“I’m just worried about you,” Maria said.

“Don’t worry,” Liz assured her. “I’m fine. Everything is fine.”

And it was. Compared to her previous situation, things were great. Her dad was in prison, she and Max were taking some extra classes at school to make up for what they had missed when they had been on “the run”.

Right, Max. Max had been her pillar in all of this. The constant in her life that she could completely rely on. The ingrained instinct to push him away was still there though. She still woke up, with a nightmare of her father killing Max fresh in her mind, feeling that she needed to remove Max from her life – for his own good. She wanted to stop running, she really did. But it was difficult to run from your memories, from your thoughts, from everything that was forever imprinted into her mind. Whether she wanted to admit it or not, her father had left an imprint on her. His actions had shaped her. He had made her into who she was today.

She couldn’t very well escape herself.

She could see everyone around her trying so hard to help her. To make her feel comfortable and help her enjoy life. Even Isabel had become one of her good friends. She knew that they were concerned and wanted her to be happy, but their actions were making her feel more like a charity case. Fairly often they made her feel like a basket case, tip-toeing around because they feared she might have a nervous breakdown. She wasn’t sure where that fear came from. She had never had a nervous breakdown in front of anyone except Max, when they had been on their…road trip. Everyone considered her as fragile and it was weighing heavily on her. But she couldn’t let them know, without feeling like the bad guy. They were after all only looking out for her.

“Come on, Lizzie. It’ll bee fun!”

“What kind of party will it be with…” Liz did quick calculations in her head “only four people?”

“Exactly! That’s why you need to invite more people, so that you can meet more people.”

“Maria, think about this. Who would want to go to my party? I’m not really Ms. Popular.”

Maria sighed. Like talking to a wall. “What about that new guy? Brendan Blake?”

Liz studied her fingernails. “I don’t know…”

“And there’s this really cute guy in my class, you might have seen him. His name is Michael and-“

Liz looked at Maria incredulously. “Michael Guerin?”

“Yep, that’s him. You know him?”

Liz shrugged. “Max plays basketball with him occasionally.”

Maria brightened. “Oh! That’s a good idea. Let’s ask Max and Isabel what people they know and they can invite them!”

Liz grimaced, seeing the impending catastrophe heading straight towards her. “Please, Maria. I would prefer to just have a quiet movie night with the people I like, that I actually know.”

“It is out of the question, Parker! It is at moments like these, when you don’t know your own good that I come in. Oh, it’s gonna be so much fun!!”

Excitedly, Maria jumped up from Liz’s bed and made a run for the desk to find paper and pen to start planning. Liz buried her head in her hands and mumbled a prayer.

<center>-------------------------------------------------</center>

Liz slammed the recipe book down on the counter. “Cinnamon rolls!”

Max grimaced. “Are you serious? You obviously don’t know me at all.”

Liz raised an eyebrow in an act of disinterest and opened the door to the cabinet. “I know that you are useless in the kitchen, Max. You’ve shown that on more occasions than I can count. But that’s why you’re here; to learn.”

“Oh joy,” Max grumbled without a trace of enthusiasm.

Liz put the package of flour in front of him with force sufficient to cause flour to whirl into the air, into his face. “Do I detect sarcasm, Mr. Evans?”

He brushed the flour out of his face and turned to her, blinking his dark eye lashes sadly. “Do I really have to?”

“Oh,” Liz said in mock sympathy, “Is it really that bad?”

He raised an eyebrow.

She gently cradled his cheek with her hand and leaned in, her breath mingling with his as her lips hovered barely an inch from his. His eyes were transfixed on her face, his breathing getting shallower, already imagining the taste of her.

“Max,” she said softly, seductively.

“Uh-huh,” he answered dumbly.

“Get over it,” she said, her voice still sensual.

Max stared at her lips, but frowned when his brain registered her words. “Huh?”

She pulled away from him and feeling as if she had just dipped him in cold water, he followed her movements as she retrieved milk from the refrigerator.

“Liz?”

She turned towards him, pointed at his chest and smiled sweetly. “You. Cinnamon rolls.”

“But I don’t know how,” he whined.

She shook her head in mock despair. “Stop being a baby, Max! You can read, right? The recipe is right in front of you. I need to make brownies.”

“Fine,” Max mumbled.

“I’ll be right here if you need me,” Liz assured in her most patient and understanding tone.

Max glared at her. “Why do we need to bake so much anyway? I thought it was only going to be you, me, Isabel, Maria, maybe Michael.”

“Oh right,” Liz said. “No, Maria thought it would be more fun if we would invite half the school.”

Max turned to stare at her as if she had just grown two heads. “What?”

Liz shrugged. “That’s what I told her. Obviously, this is not my party, it’s Maria’s.”

“Then she should make the cinnamon rolls,” Max declared.

“Yeah…” Liz said slowly. “Have you seen her in the kitchen?”

“She can’t be worse than me,” Max said pointedly, using every angle to wiggle himself out of baking.

Liz nodded. “Oh yes. She is. She’s horrible. Think war zone.”

“Right.”

“Right.”

One hour later, Max was laying on the floor in front of the couch, his legs flung up on the couch and his back against the carpet staring up into the ceiling. A couple of feet away, Liz was wishing that she had indeed asked Maria for help instead of Max. Making the dough for the cinnamon rolls, which would normally take Liz about ten minutes, had taken Max an hour. Of course, he had not only been making dough in that time, but also wasted some dough by throwing it at Liz and making a sport out of trying to hug her when his fingers were covered in sticky dough.

Liz looked around the kitchen, absent-mindedly pulling some dough out of her hair.

“When is this party?” Max asked from the couch.

“Tomorrow,” she answered, bending to pick up some dough from the floor.

Glancing over at Max’s position of exhaustion she shook her head with a soft snicker. And men thought it was easy to cook. Feeling the somewhat watery consistency of the ball of dough she had just retrieved off the floor, a mischievous smile spread over her lips as a plan started to take form in her head. She looked over at Max, closing her fingers around the dough behind her back.

“So where’s Maria?”

Liz started to slowly advance on Max, biting her lower lip to prevent herself from laughing. “Uhm…she should be here soon.”

“So who else is coming to this thing?”

Liz stepped around the couch and shrugged causally. “I don’t know.”

Max raised an eyebrow. “You don’t know who’s coming?”

“You have to remember, I’m not in control of this party – Maria is.”

He rolled his eyes and placed his arms behind his head. “Ah.”

She smiled to herself before she stepped over his chest with one leg so that she was now standing over him, straddling his body with her legs and staring down into his rather surprised face.

“Liz?”

She smiled brightly. “Max.”

He returned her smile with a weak insecure version of his own. “What are you doing?”

She bent her knees and let herself fall down on his firm stomach, eliciting a groan from Max. “Liz!”

“Are you mad at me?” she asked, looking deeply into his eyes.

Max stared up into her face, trying to control his breathing. But having Liz Parker straddling his stomach, him being able to feel the soft outlines of her thighs pressed against the sides of his abdomen, was making a simple act like breathing immensely difficult.

“No,” he answered, an audible strain in his voice.

She slowly licked her lips while leaning forward, leaning down and bringing their faces closer together. A few strands of hair which had escaped her ponytail whisked tantalizingly against his cheek.

“Should I be?” he asked, his eyes darkening as his gaze travelled to her lips.

Liz felt a rush of warmth flood her body and scolded herself for it. She had to remain cool. Max was not supposed to affect her. She had to maintain her control over the situation.

“I stole one hour of your life, forcing you to make cinnamon rolls,” she answered slowly, her voice deep and too sensual to fit the subject of conversation.

A gasp of surprise escaped her lips as he firmly placed his hands on her hips. A twinkle in his eyes told her that he had heard it too. He grinned, his hands moving upwards, slipping under the thin material of her tank top, connecting with her warm soft skin.

“Ah, that,” he said. “Yeah, I’m not sure if I’ll ever forgive you for that.”

She forced herself to look disappointed even though most of her energy was focused on trying not to close her eyes or moan as Max’s fingers lightly trailed up the lengths of her sides. “Really?”

He watched the blush spread over her cheeks and felt her thighs tightening against his sides and he smiled. “Really.”

“What if I-“ she swallowed, her eyes drifting close for a second, as his thumb moved around the side and brushed on the underside of her breast. She suppressed a moan and forced herself to continue, even though she wasn’t really paying much attention to their conversation anymore. “-repay you.”

His eyes drifted to her lips and he swallowed. He was becoming increasingly aware of the heat being emitted from her thighs and he was trying his best to keep a casual expression on his face, even though the feel of her skin beneath his fingers was making certain parts of him come alive quickly.

One part of his mind was screaming at him to stop. He needed to stop this now before they went too far. The last thing he wanted to do was to push her into something she was not ready for. Knowing how she had come to him the previous night, she wasn’t in the position of knowing what she wanted so it was his responsibility to stop them before it went too far. She was not ready for this yet.

Liz’s eyes raked over his dark eyes and perfect lips, and she shivered. Her plan was backfiring on her. She could feel the wet dough slide through her fingers, still positioned behind her back, but it was difficult to stay focused when his hands were lightly caressing her skin.

He moved his hands downwards and didn’t miss the unmistakable sigh of disappointment that escaped her lips when his fingers lost contact with her skin and he re-positioned his hands on her hips. The motion did however snap her out of her desire-induced daze and her back straightened in determination.

Feeling her tense against him, his hands slid up to her waist with the intention of lifting her off him. He didn’t mind having her there. Didn’t mind at all. But knowing that things couldn’t go any further, her close proximity was more torturous than pleasurable.

His voice low, he asked, “What do you have in mind?”

She smiled softly and his heart fluttered. She forced her heartbeats to slow down, ignoring the feel of his firm hands just below her ribs and instead bent further down, until her lips were only a mere inch from his. “Well…”

His Adam’s apple bobbed and his eyes darkened another notch. His voice was one of warning, while his eyes were begging her to close the gap, “Liz…”

“What would you like, Max?” she whispered.

He licked his lips. “What?”

She brought her lips in contact with his, just barely touching and said softly, her lips feathering across his with each syllable, “I want to make it up to you.”

Her heart was beating so hard that she could feel it reverberate in her whole being, but she refused to give in, trying to remain cool as she captured his bottom lip lightly between hers. Max’s eyes drifted close at the taste of her and against the rational of the screaming voice in his head, his hands left her hips to bury them in her hair, pulling her head closer as he responded to her kiss. Liz moaned, the dough slipping from her fingers and some landing on Max’s upper thigh. The event escaped them both.

His fingers pressed into her ponytail, pulling strands of hair out of their tie, causing them to softly fall down to frame her flushed face. His tongue parted her lips and slowly stroked hers, her groan melting in his mouth. Liz could feel herself getting weaker, her body softening at his touch and she felt herself falling forward. But without the support of her hands, she would crash into Max unless he continued to support her body with his hands. She was just about to pull her hands out to touch his face when she became aware of the soggy thing occupying her hands.

She smiled against his lips and couldn’t help but giggle softly about what she was about to do.

“What?” Max mumbled, kissing down her neck.

“Nothing,” she whispered.

He pulled back and looked up into her glittering eyes. Having known her his whole life, not even desire could stop him from interpreting her facial expressions. And the one she was sporting right now did not bode well. Planting his hands on her shoulders, he pushed her slightly away from him to take a closer look at her.

He was distracted for a second or two about her flushed state, about how exquisitely beautiful she was, before he got himself in gear and focused on the task at hand. “Liz…what are you up to?”

She smiled sweetly, “Nothing,” and tried to move closer to him again. But Max locked his arms, not letting her get any closer.

“No, you’re up to something.”

She laughed lightly. “Come on, Max. I just want to kiss you.”

He frowned in suspicion. “Where are your hands?”

He realized that she’d been keeping her hands behind her back this whole time.

She rolled her eyes. “Where they usually are. Attached to my wrists.”

A half-smile spread across his lips. Yeah, she was up to something. “Okay, fine.”

Pretending to let it go, his hands slid up her neck and pulled her closer, making their lips collide. But as his lips caressed hers, his right hand initiated a trip down the length of her arm.

She melted into his mouth. His taste was intoxicating. So masculine, so…Max. Before she knew what was happening she was on her back, a yelp of surprise ripping over her lips.

“Max!”

He grinned at her, her body pinned beneath his as he was now the one straddling her body. Her hands were trapped above her head as he pinned them to the floor.

“Liz,” he answered calmly.

“What are you doing?” she asked breathlessly.

“I could ask you the same question,” he retorted with a raised eyebrow.

“I was…I was…just kissing you – what? What’s wrong with that?” she stuttered.

He smiled slowly, his eyes darkening, and leaned in closer. Her eyes drifted close and her breathing picked up as his cheek brushed against hers. She held her breath as his warm breath brushed across her ear with his words, “Oh, I did not have a problem with the kissing part.”

“Go-good,” she said as he pulled away, ever so slowly.

Frowning in mock confusion, he stopped two inches from her face. “What I’m wondering about is what this…uhm…sticky stuff in your hands is.”

She bit her lip, knowing that this was the end. He knew exactly what she was up to. Trying to play innocent, she met his eyes and said, without blinking, “It’s just some dough I had left on my fingers since you attacked me earlier.”

His smile deepened. “Ah.”

“Yes,” she assured with conviction, the half-truth sounding better by the second. “I was about to go to the bathroom to wash up and then I saw my gorgeous boyfriend laying here – looking all delicious…“

Her breath hitched in her throat as she caught the flash of desire ripple across his eyes.

“All delicious, huh?” he repeated slowly, his voice dark.

She nodded, transfixed by his eyes. “Is it a crime to want your boyfriend?”

His eyes moved from her face slowly down her body and she felt every molecule of her body heat up under his gaze.

“Max…” she semi-moaned, semi-sighed.

“Yes,” he answered slowly, his eyes knowing as his stare came to land on her slightly parted mouth and her soft glistening lips. The need to taste her coursed through him with a force that left him trembling in its wake and against his own intentions he fused their upper bodies together and captured her lips. His heart skipped one beat as her body arched upwards, his name whimpered from her mouth.

“God, you’re beautiful,” he mumbled and one of his hands moved down to caress her cheek.

Liz felt his grip on her arms loosen and didn’t hesitate to jump on the opportunity. Without missing a beat, she separated her palms and captured his face between her sticky hands, smearing his face in the dough. She started giggling at the expression of utter surprise on his face as he looked up, dough dripping from his cheeks.

At the beginning of a laughing fit, but having Max’s state of shock working in her favor, she tried to control herself long enough to push Max off her and get away from him.

But he looked too funny and he recuperated too fast from the shock so before she had the chance to fully roll away and get to her feet, his strong hands grabbed her around her waist and pulled her back on the floor.

“Oh no you don’t!”

“Max, no!!” Liz laughed, trying to wiggle out of his grip.

“You’re so gonna pay for that,” he grumbled, laughter twinkling in his eyes even though he was trying to hide it.

He pulled her body underneath his, pinning her once again to the floor.

“No, please no,” Liz laughed, her heartbeats increasing.

“You’re gonna regret you ever came up with the idea of doing that,” Max declared and started to tickle her sides.

“Nooo, Max!” Liz laughed, her whole body wiggling as she tried to get away from him.

He laughed along with her, feeling the wet dough drip from his cheeks. “Oh yes.”

She was spreading dough all over his clothes as she unsuccessfully tried to push him away. A memory flashed in her mind and her smile faltered. Her movements took on a tinge of desperation.

“Nooo…” It’s just Max. It’s just Max. Gentle, sweet Max. Your best friend.

But her inner voice wasn’t getting through. It didn’t have any power at all on the face from her memory flashing before her eyes. Of the arm she saw raised in front of her, holding the frying pan. Her breath hitched and fear rushed into her eyes.

“Liz?”

“No,” she whimpered, her voice small and helpless.

Max’s heart constricted in fear as he watched Liz crawl inside herself in front of his eyes. With growing apprehension and dread he witnessed the chilling terror enter her eyes.

“Hey, Lizzie,” he tried softly.

“Please don’t,” she sobbed.

He rolled off her and she leapt to her feet. Max held his hands out in front of him, trying to bring her back with the gentle sound of his voice. “Baby, it’s okay. You’re safe. You’re with me. Max.”

It’s Max. Just Max. Daddy’s in jail. Daddy’s in jail.

She squeezed her eyes shut, tears sliding down her cheeks as she watched her father come closer with a vindictive gleam in his eyes and the frying pan held above his head.

“Liz?”

She hiccupped, her eyes springing open and she took in his worried stance. “I’m sorry.”

“No,” Max said tenderly and took a step towards her. Hurt flashed in his eyes as she took a corresponding step away from him.

“I’m sorry,” she repeated and turned on her heels. The slam of the bedroom door made the painting on the wall close by fall to the floor with a sharp thump.

“Max?”

Breathing strained, he turned towards the voice finding Maria staring at him in confusion, keys dangling from her red-painted fingernails.

“Maria…” he stated quietly, his eyes being drawn back to the closed bedroom door.

“What happened?” Maria asked.

“She…” Max shook his head in inward confusion. “I don’t know, I…”

Maria looked at him worriedly. “Is she okay?”

He swirled around so quickly that she gasped in surprise. “You have to cancel the party tomorrow.”

She frowned. “Why? Is she sick?”

“She can’t have a party, Maria.”

“Max,” Maria said firmly. “What the hell just happened?”

“She…” he contemplated telling her, but in the end it didn’t feel right to talk to Maria about what had just happened. So he side-stepped the topic. “She’s not well enough to be among strangers.”

Maria tried to read his face; tracked the small evasive gestures and the constant eye movements in the direction of Liz’s bedroom. She hitched her thumb in the direction of aforementioned room. “She’s in there?”

Max put his hand on Maria’s shoulder as she took a step in the direction of Liz’s bedroom. “No. Don’t go in there.”

“Max, please, you’re acting all freaky.”

“She doesn’t want to see you.”

She raised on eyebrow. “How do you know?”

“She’s upset. She wants to be alone.”

“Max,” Maria said steadily. “Just because she doesn’t want to speak to you, doesn’t mean that she doesn’t want to speak to me.”

“Yes, it does,” Max said simply.

Maria almost rolled her eyes. Shrugging her shoulders, she turned towards Max. “In that case, tell me what happened.”

Max inhaled deeply. “Just… cancel the party, okay? Please, Maria.”

Maria folded her arms in front of her. “Not until you tell me why.”

“Because she can’t handle it. She’ll break down.”

“She was fine this morning,” Maria stated. “What happened between you?”

“Nothing happened-“

“Right.”

“Maria, just leave it alone, okay. We can have the party some other time-“

“She needs to see other people, Max.”

“No.”

“Yes,” Maria countered strongly. “You can’t protect her from the world. It won’t make her stronger.”

“I’m not saying that she should be locked up here-“

Maria looked at him in sarcastic disbelief. “Really?”

Max ignored her statement. “All I’m saying is that she’s not ready.”

Maria took a deep breath, her eyes moving between the closed door and Max’s worried face. It might be the wrong decision, but at the moment she didn’t see any good in having Liz separated from reality any longer. In Maria’s opinion, Liz needed something else to think about. Something that would pull her out of her inner hell and help her re-focus on more fun things.

“Okay, Max. This is what we’re gonna do. You’re gonna go back into the kitchen and check so that nothing is burning in the oven,” she scrunched up her nose, “because something smells kinda suspicious there. Then you’re gonna finish whatever assignment Liz might’ve given you. And I am going to clean this place. Okay? Deal?”

“But-“

Maria flicked her wrist in front of his face with a disapproving purse of her lips. “Nah-uh.”

“But-“

“Don’t-“

“Maria-“

She took another deep breath and took a firm grip of Max’s shoulders. “Let’s try it, okay? If she breaks down, if she can’t breathe or whatever, you’ll be there, right? You can whisk her away on your white horse.”

Max sighed in irritation.

“Okay?” Maria asked.

Max worriedly glanced over at the closed bedroom door and then nodded.

“Good,” Maria smiled. “That wasn’t so hard, was it?”

TBC...
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

sprayadhesive
clueless
aussietrueblue
rossieaddicted
rowedog
cassie
Stefanie
- It means a lot to me that you like the chapter. I hope I can do this story justice without you to the end.
begonia9508
Natz
Natalie36
dreamerbabylioness
dreamerbabylioness wrote:I can see where Maria is coming from but maybe it is a little too fast. On the other hand, Max may be going a little too slow.
That's a really good way of summing it up
Zylx Lily
LairaBehr4
- Don't kill me. This chapter was written a while ago, so I haven't sacrificed any study time by writing it...

Thank you all!!

Chapter 23

”You’re a whore!”

“Daddy, please-“

“And stop begging,” he bit out between clenched teeth. “It makes you look weak. I didn’t raise a weak daughter.”

“What do you want me to do?” she sobbed helplessly.

“Is that how you talk to your father?”

Chilled by fear she slowly shook her head, knowing that she couldn’t win. If she sobbed, he would consider her weak and she would be punished. If she talked and put on a stronger appearance, she would be deemed disrespectful and be punished.

“No,” she answered quietly.

“Speak up when I’m talking to you!!” he yelled and her eyes squeezed shut as the force of his voice ripped over her.

“We didn’t do anything. He’s my friend,” she tried, because silence would make him hit her anyway. She might as well try to defend herself.

“You fucking liar!”

She saw him turn around as in slow motion and grab something off the kitchen counter. Fear immobilized her as she saw the tool in his hand. A frying pan. He raised it high above his head and started to swing it. Round and round. The fear-induced paralysis lifted at this point and she began walking backwards.

“Where do you think you’re going?” he hissed.

“Please, daddy. I won’t see him again. Ever-“

He smiled. Darkly, possessively. “You’re right you won’t. Because after I’m done with you, he won’t bother looking twice at you.”

“Nooo,” she wailed, the sound pitiful at the back of her throat as her back contacted with the wall. She was trapped.

He lifted the frying pan above his head and she closed her eyes, anticipating the hit and screamed.

Her breaths were harsh in her throat as she sat up in bed. Her eyes were wild and her body shivering as her gaze rapidly searched the perimeters to ascertain that her father was nowhere to be seen. A trembling hand was brought to her damp forehead and she brushed some strands of hair away as she tried to catch her breath.

She had cried herself to sleep after the incident with Max and, looking at the alarm clock next to her bed, she realized that she had slept for five hours. It was now eleven p.m. Her throat was uncomfortably dry and she pulled herself out of bed on wobbly feet. The living room was immersed in a soft yellow light from one light source and she immediately felt less afraid. Walking into the kitchen area, she turned on the kitchen light and got herself some water from the tap. As she turned around to walk out of the kitchen she bumped into something hard. Her breath hitched in her throat.

“Careful,” the hard wall softly spoke.

“Max,” she sighed in relief and embraced him with such force that the water she had in her hand spilled over the rim of the glass.

“Hey,” he whispered against her hair as he held onto her tightly.

Her tears of relief wetted the front of his T-shirt and he held her until her tears subsided. She pulled away from him, removing the tears from her face with the back of her hand.

“I thought you left.”

Max looked down at her, his heart hurting at the sight of her so broken. Of course he didn’t leave. Who could leave someone looking so fragile and scared? But he wouldn’t tell her that. She didn’t need to hear that after she had worked so hard trying to be independent and strong.

“It was getting late, so I sent Maria home and finished the last of the cleaning.” He shrugged nonchalantly. “I guess I must’ve fallen asleep. Cleaning is hard.”

She laughed weakly. “I’m sure.”

“Nice to see you smile,” he said looking at her warmly.

She looked up at his unkempt hair and noticed the sleep in his eyes. “Sorry I woke you up.”

“Don’t sweat it,” he said.

She nodded and gestured in the direction of the sink. “I just needed to get something to drink. I’ll be going back to bed now.”

“Hey,” he interrupted softly. “About before-“

She dropped her eyes, stubbornly staring at the carpet. “I don’t want to talk about it.”

He stared at the crown of her head for a second and then nodded. “Okay. Do you want me to stay?”

In her heart, it was not a difficult decision to make. But she hated being clingy and having to depend on people. She had to try and live her own life. So she shook her head, giving him a small smile. “Thank you, Max. But I’m fine. I’m just gonna go to bed.”

“Okay,” he agreed.

She felt the disappointment rush through her. On some level, she wanted him to disagree with her and force her to let him stay. But for once, he wasn’t pressing the issue. It frightened her.
She nodded and walked past him. Max watched her stop and his heart fluttered as she turned.

Taking a step to close the distance between them, she softly brushed her lips against his. “Thank you.”

His heart clenched as he nodded in silent acknowledgement.

“Liz,” he said and swallowed when he saw the hope in her eyes. He could suspect the torment going on inside of her. He could read it from the fear lingering in her eyes. She was afraid of going back to her bed. Alone. In the dark. But she was trying to stay strong. It took everything he had to not give in and start convincing her that he should stay.

“Are you still up for the party tomorrow?”

He sighed mentally as he watched the disappointment flash in her eyes, before she masked it as a true expert. “Yeah.”

“You sure?”

She nodded. “Of course. It’ll be fun. Right?”

He nodded slowly. “Right.”

She smiled softly. “Good night, Max.”

“Night, Liz.”

As he watched her walk towards the bedroom, he was cheering her on inside. Hoping that she would be strong enough to walk through that door. Hoping that she wouldn’t turn around and run towards him. As she crossed the threshold to her bedroom and the door closed behind her, a sense of deep pride spread in Max’s soul. Another step. She’d taken another step.

He switched off the kitchen light and walked back to the couch. Just because she didn’t want him there, didn’t mean that he couldn’t be there. He wouldn’t leave her alone tonight. Not after what had happened. He would do anything he could to make her believe that she had spent the night alone, because she needed that piece of confidence more than her next breath.

<center>--------------------------------------------</center>

The music was pounding in the background, reverberating throughout the apartment. The air was filled with the smells of alcohol, cigarettes and sweat, while the floor was occupied by bodies moving to the rhythms of the music. Max pulled out a beer from the cartoon on the counter and let his eyes scan the scene. Maria had thrown a bona fide college party – for high school kids. But looking at the number of people and the type of people, Max suspected that Maria wasn’t responsible for half of it.

Most of the people there had arrived on invitation from a friend of a friend and most of the alcohol present had been brought in by the guests. The music was controlled by some self-announced DJ, and observing the mass of under-dressed adolescents pressed closely together, Max realized that Liz’s one bedroom apartment was really not big enough to accommodate a party of this size.

“Awesome party, dude,” a guy yelled next to his ear and Max nodded. He had no idea who the guy was. He was pretty sure he had never even seen the guy before in his life.

Someone put a hand on his arm and he turned, coming face to face with Maria.

“Isn’t this great?!” Maria yelled to override the music.

Max pulled her closer so that he could talk into her ear without destroying his vocal cords. “Maria, who are these people?”

She smiled and shrugged. “I have no idea.”

Max couldn’t help but grin at her. She seemed so happy tonight. He leaned in anew. “You look beautiful.”

Her smile brightened and she squeezed his arm, yelling. “Thanks Max.”

Max chuckled. If he hadn’t been able to read her lips, he wouldn’t have heard a word she just said.

“Where’s Liz?” Maria yelled.

Max’s eyes moved back to the dancing crowd, knowing exactly where he had seen her last. He frowned as he saw a guy leaning over the brunette beauty and concern strongly interlaced with jealousy heatedly coursed through him.

Not recognizing the guy, Max turned to Maria. “Who is that?”

Maria followed his gaze and saw the guy leaning over Liz. “Don’t know. But he’s cute!”

Max felt irritation ripple through him and he put the beer can he had been holding down on the counter.

“I’m just gonna…” he said absent-mindedly to Maria.

Maria, observing his dark jealous gaze raised an eyebrow and yelled a knowing, “Sure.”

Max made his way through the throngs of people, unaware of the hungry, depreciative looks of countless number of girls.

Liz looked up and met his eyes as he got closer to them and the clear irritation flashing through her eyes made his steps falter in confusion. It was obvious that the irritation was not directed at the guy clearly invading her personal space, but at Max. But the guy chose that moment to put an arm on the wall behind Liz to lean in which propelled Max forward.

Liz felt her heart rate pick up in alarm as the guy leaned in. She could smell the alcohol on his breath as his eyes bore into hers.

“You’re fucking hot,” he mumbled.

She mustered up a smile, merging herself with the wall behind her. “Thanks, but-“

Her attempt at shielding off the guy was interrupted by someone’s hand on her arm. From the softness and the pressure in that touch she instantly knew who it was.

“Would you like to dance?”

The guy looked to his side and discovered the dark-haired guy. “Hey man. Do you mind?”

Max’s eyes moved over Liz’s face, his eyes revealing nothing to the passive observer but revealing everything to Liz. “Yes. I do.”

Liz startled as the blonde guy, who had just seconds before introduced himself as Cameron, pressed his hand against Max’s shoulder and pushed him. “Get lost!”

Max held his footing and Liz could see the anger igniting in his eyes. “Max, let’s-“

“So you find her pretty, huh?” Max asked the guy.

Looking confused from the sudden change of topic, Cameron answered with annoyance, “What’s it to you?”

“I have to admit, she’s quite nice on the eyes,” Max continued.

Liz’s breath hitched. She wasn’t sure if she should be offended or complimented by Max’s behavior. But one thing was for sure; she wasn’t going to stand here and watch them getting involved in a pissing contest. She opened her mouth to put a stop to it when Cameron spoke.

“Sure, man. Whatever. Now, this girl and I are going to-“ and he touched Liz’s cheek.

Max took a firm grip of Cameron’s wrist and forcibly removed his hand from Liz’s cheek.

“Max-“ Liz tried, but her pleading voice turned into a gasp as Cameron swirled around and slammed his fist in the center of Max’s face. Her heart pounded hard in her chest and she took a step forward to help Max who with his head bent had hands covering whatever injury Cameron had afflicted. While his head remained down, he grabbed a hold of her wrist with one hand and said; “Liz, step back.”

She shook her head, surprised at what he was about to do. Max had never been a violent man. “No, Max.”

He looked up, blood running from his nose and her heart squeezed in pain. His gaze was hard and unyielding as he repeated, “Liz, step out of the way.”

“Oh come on,” Cameron taunted. “That’s it?”

Max straightened and wiped the blood from his nose with the back of his hand. Calmly, he said, “Yes, that’s it.”

Liz looked at Max in confusion and optimistic relief. The anger being emitted from his body was so raw and palpable, she had been certain that Max would fight back. Wasn’t that the behavior her father had taught her? Respond to anger with violence.

Cameron smiled cockily. “Okay, so get out of my face, man.” He snatched a hold of Liz’s arm and pulled her to his side. “Come on, baby. Let’s dance.”

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you,” Max threatened, his voice so cold and intimidating that it made shivers run down Liz’s spine.

Cameron laughed, a tinge of nervousness to his voice. Maybe he had finally realized that he might be a tad taller than this guy, but that the dark-haired man in front of him was definitely heavier built.

“What, are you like her boyfriend or something?” he asked with a smirk.

“Yes,” Max answered simply.

The corners of Cameron’s mouth fluttered with insecurity. “Right. Then you won’t mind me borrowing her for a while?”

“Yes, I would,” Max answered.

“Okay, stop!”

Both guys turned to look at the petite brunette girl between them. She pulled herself out of Cameron’s grip and stepped away from both of them. “I don’t want either of you, okay? I’m not some price that you can just claim! And I’m not some tool you can use to prove who is the bigger man!”

With that she walked away, leaving the two men looking at her back, one with grumbling failure and the other one with swelling pride.

The music seemed to press down on her, making it difficult to breathe. Suddenly the numerous warm bodies around her seemed to suffocate her and she only had one thought in her head – getting out.

She reached the front door, which was kept open to provide people with the opportunity of unlimited access to her home. Sighing she leaned her back against the wall and slid down.

“Too much?”

She whipped her head around in the direction of the sound and was met by the sight of the new guy at their school sitting in much the same position she was currently sitting, a beer bottle in one hand and a cigarette in the other. She swallowed her surprise and nodded. “Yeah.”

He tilted his head slightly and his green-blue eyes travelled across her face. “You’re Liz, aren’t you? This is your party.”

She nodded, turning her face away from his to brush some strands of hair out of her eyes, before tiredly saying, “Yeah.”

He placed the beer bottle on the floor and reached out his hand for her. “Brendan.”

She gave him a small smile and shook his hand. “Hi.”

“So… I take it you’re not too happy about the way your party turned out,” he observed.

“No…no, it’s good.”

He smiled. “I might not know you, Liz, but even I can tell that wasn’t your best performance.”

She frowned and he chuckled before clarifying. “Your answer is not really convincing me that this is the party of your life.”

She dropped her eyes and admitted, “Actually, this is more the party of my friend’s life. She’s the one arranging all of this.”

“Ah,” Brendan voiced in understanding.

Liz looked up at him. He was quite handsome. Strawberry blonde hair and ocean green eyes. “Thank you for coming though.”

He laughed softly, his eyes twinkling. “Thank you for the invitation. I assume that I’m one of the few that got an actual invitation to this thing.”

Liz smiled, nodding. “Yeah.”

“But I’m not really surprised. You must be a popular girl.”

Her face dropped before she could stop herself. She swallowed, trying to regain her footing. “Why would you say that?”

He gave her a loop-sided grin. “Oh, come on. A gorgeous girl like you? I don’t believe you’re not one of the people running Roswell High.”

She blushed at his compliment. Not many people had ever called her beautiful. Well, Max did it all the time, but she just assumed that was because he was her best friend…and now boyfriend. The other important figure in her life, her father, had been very adamant about convincing her of the opposite. As a result she had stopped believing that she was even slightly attractive a long time ago. This new guy telling her it now was not thoroughly convincing her either, since he could only be trying to make a move on her. She met his eyes, seeing the warmth there and her line of thought faltered. He didn’t seem like the sleazy charmer who would just say whatever to win anything in a skirt over.

“Thank you,” she said softly.

His smile softened. “Come on, are you telling me that people don’t tell you that on a daily basis?”

“Uhm,” she cleared her throat, embarrassed with the topic of conversation. His eyes were making her incredibly self-conscious. Kind of like when Max would look at her. “Where are you from, Brendan?”

Brendan raised his eyebrows in silent amusement but didn’t call on her change of topic. “I’m from Arizona.”

“Oh,” Liz said. “That’s not too far away.”

“Tell that to my girlfriend.”

Liz looked at him surprised. “Your girlfriend?”

He chuckled. “Disappointed?”

Her cheeks flushed with embarrassment and said quickly. “No.”

His grin deepened. “I wasn’t trying to pick you up, Liz. I’m sorry if I gave that impression.”

She smiled at her own stupidity. Of course he wasn’t trying to pick her up. Shaking her head, she said, “No, that’s alright. Actually, I have a boyfriend myself.”

He released a loud sigh of relief which made her laugh. “Good.”

“Yeah,” she smiled and hinted at the cigarette in his hand. “I wouldn’t date someone that smokes anyway.”

He laughed. “I respect your honesty, Liz. Really, I do.” He rolled his eyes. “Believe me, my girlfriend’s been nagging me ever since we got together to quit smoking.”

“What’s her name?” Liz asked. Finding out that he wasn’t single had visibly relaxed her. She never knew how to talk to a guy who appeared to be flirting with her. She didn’t know what to say or how to behave. She didn’t want to come off as the whore her father had told her she was.

“Kate,” Brendan answered and Liz smiled as his gaze turned introspective and his eyes lit up.

“It must be difficult to be apart,” she mused.

He nodded, tracing the rim of his beer bottle. “It is, but we believe that it can only make us stronger, right?”

“Yes, probably,” Liz said, warmed to the core of the fact that a beautiful love like the one she could see in front of her actually existed. Her eyes automatically wandered to Max. Would he ever love her like that? Could he ever love her even though she was completely broken inside and spent most of her time freaking out on him and crying?

“Hey,” Brendan said gently.

She looked up at him and smiled. “Yes?”

“Where did you go just now?”

She shook her head. “Nowhere. Just…thinking.”

“A pretty girl like you should never have to look so troubled,” Brendan said.

“Liz?”

They looked up in unison as Max arrived in the doorway, looking between the two on each side of the doorway.

Brendan saw Liz brighten and her eyes gain life as she addressed the dark-haired guy. The transformation was complete and magical. “Hey.”

Brendan smiled inwardly. It was obvious that this small fragile girl was in love. Deeply in love. “Hi. Brendan,” he introduced himself and held his hand up towards Max.

Max gave him an insecure look and grabbed his hand. “Max.”

Brendan chuckled. “Don’t worry. I was not trying to steal your girl. I was just enjoying her company.”

Max’s stance relaxed some, but he was still standing very close to Liz.

“Max,” Liz said, “This is the new guy at school. He’s from Arizona.”

“Nice to meet you,” Max forced out.

During the course of this party Max had realized that something he had known for a very long time was becoming apparent to others as well. Liz was stunning. Her complete obliviousness of the fact only further added to her charisma and men were attracted to her like moths to a light. This whole evening had proved to be very trying on his control to not let his jealousy erupt and avoiding donning the role of the possessive caveman boyfriend. However, not acting on his jealousy left him constantly suspicious of every person with a Y-chromosome.

“We were just talking about his girlfriend in Arizona,” Liz said, noticing the tension radiating off Max.

She almost laughed when he softened in front of her eyes. He was just too cute.

“Oh, that must be hard,” Max offered apologetically.

“We’re dealing,” Brendan answered. “Just appreciate that you have each other. Every day.”

Max looked down at Liz’s smiling eyes and couldn’t help but smile himself. “I do.”

<center>-------------------------------------------------</center>

“She is so going to clean this up,” Liz said as she lifted a random beer can between her thumb and index finger and dropped it in the overflowing bin.

“I doubt that will happen anytime tonight,” Max said from the other end of the room where Maria was sleeping on the couch. “She had quite a lot to drink.”

Liz stepped up next to him. “But I think she had fun.”

Max turned towards her and encircled her waist with his arms. “And what about you? Did you have a good time?”

She smiled. “Actually, yes. It started out pretty bad, but it got better.”

He kissed the tip of her nose. “I’m glad. You happy, makes me happy.”

She laughed and rose on the tip of her toes to softly kiss his lips. “I love you.”

Her declaration was so simple yet held numerous underlying meanings making a heated blaze rock his heart. “I love you.”

She put her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly, breathing in his scent. She couldn’t get enough of him. Reluctantly, she let go. “I’m going to bed.”

“Okay,” he said, disappointed when she pulled out of his arms. Hesitating for a mere second, he reached out and pulled her closer again. Her surprised giggle turned into a moan when he traced the seam of her lips with his tongue before it parted her lips to taste all of her.

Maria’s half-awake mumbled voice interrupted their ministrations. “God, get a room.”

Liz pulled away, laughing softly. Max sighed in mock exasperation and kicked the side of the couch which just made Liz laugh harder.

“I’m gonna-“ Liz hinted towards the bedroom and already missing her, Max watched her walk away.

As she reached the doorway, she turned around and looked at him with raised eyebrows. “Are you coming?” As if it was the most obvious thing to do.

Max heart skipped a beat and he searched her face for confirmation. A small smile played on her lips and she said, “Well?”

“Liz, I’m-“

She walked up to him again, taking his hand. “Relax, Max.” She started pulling him by the hand. “We don’t have to do anything. Just sleep.”

He relaxed and a twinge of hurt tore at her heart as the sensation of feeling unwanted assailed her. She quickly pushed it to the side. Max loved her. He loved her.

TBC...
Last edited by max and liz believer on Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

aussietrueblue
cassie
begonia9508
sprayadhesive
Natz
behr_able
Natalie36
clueless
Rowedog
Elizabeth

THANK YOU!

Now, this is something of a transition chapter...

Chapter 24

“Hey, what’s wrong?”

Maria frowned at the fatigue and resignation radiating off Liz in tidal waves.

Liz shook her head, too mentally tired to have the power to even provide a proper answer. “Nothing.”

“Yeah right,” Maria snorted. “Something’s up.”

Liz sighed. “I know you’re not a boy…“

Maria laughed suspiciously. “Uhm…yeah…?”

“So I can’t really ask you-“

Maria sat down next to Liz. “Babe, you can ask me anything. What’s up?”

Liz took a deep breath, placing everything she felt on one card. “Do you think I’m pretty?”

“What?!” Maria laughed.

Feelings of rejection squeezed her throat and she averted her face, suddenly feeling even more self-conscious of how she looked. “Forget it. Stupid question.”

“Liz, don’t be ridiculous,” Maria said forcibly. “It’s not a stupid question. But it’s an absurd one. Of course you’re pretty. Liz, you’re stunning. You’re out of this world glamorously hot. You’re so hot that-“

“Okay, enough,” Liz whispered. She wanted to laugh at Maria, but her insecurities wouldn’t let her enjoy the amusement of Maria’s reply. She was so tired of being insecure. So tired of always having to build her self-esteem up in her head before attempting a task. So tired of never believing compliments she might receive.

“Liz, seriously,” Maria said. “You’re the only one that can’t see it. Didn’t you notice all those guys at that party? They were following you around like lost puppies, begging for your attention. But you were too caught up in your own self-criticism to even notice.”

“They probably just heard rumors of that I’m easy or something-“

Maria gasped. “Elizabeth Parker. You did not just say that! There is no such rumor whatsoever going around and you know it!”

“But my dad-“

Maria’s eyes turned hard and she bit out, “Your dad should rot in hell.”

“Maria…” Liz pleaded. It was second nature for her to defend her father and that knee jerk reflex had yet to leave her.

“Is this about Max?” Maria asked.

Liz’s back straightened. “No.”

Maria nodded her head knowingly. “Oh yes. It is. What did he do?”

“Nothing.”

“He must’ve done something.”

“He didn’t do anything, Maria. Max is just…wonderful.”

Maria paused, Liz’s words swimming around her. “That’s it! That’s what this is about! You don’t think you deserve him. You don’t think he finds you pretty-“

“No, that’s not it-“

Maria easily read Liz’s evasive eye-movements. “Yes, it is. Liz, you have to talk to Max about this. You can’t let him believe that everything is fine if you’re doubting your relationship. Not being open with each other in your case would be disastrous to the both of you.”

“I can’t tell him,” Liz whispered in anguish.

“Why?”

“Because…” Frustrated Liz brushed a tear off her cheek. “Because I’m afraid.”

Maria’s voice softened at the presence of Liz’s tears. “About what?”

Liz looked up in the ceiling, taking a deep breath. “That he will reject me.”

“What? Liz…”

“No. I’m afraid that if I ask him if he finds me pretty, he might just say that he doesn’t.”

“So it’s just easier to not have the conversation because then there won’t be the possibility of him confirming your fears?” Maria clarified.

“I can’t lose him,” Liz whispered.

“Liz, for a smart girl, sometimes you’re just plain stupid,” Maria said. “Can’t you see how much he loves you? He’s always loved you. One way or the other, he’s been in love with you for more than three years-“

Liz looked at her best friend in disbelief. “Oh come on-“

Maria laughed at her incredulous look. “I’m being serious, Liz. He’s been making puppy eyes at you for so long… It was really getting old.”

“You’re making this up,” Liz objected.

“Why is it so difficult to believe that someone can be attracted to you? That someone finds you the center of his world? That someone can’t stop looking at you because you’re so beautiful? That someone barely can restrain himself from jumping your bones-“

“Maria!” Liz exclaimed, humiliated.

Maria raised an eyebrow in silent comment.

“He deserves someone better,” Liz said.

Maria shook her head. “No, Liz. You’re the best person I know. Believe me, he couldn’t get anyone better than you. Besides, he doesn’t want anyone else but you. Neither do you. You stopped loving him as a friend a long time ago. Now you’re finally together, don’t blow it!!”

Liz buried her face in her hands and groaned as her doubts continued to plague her.

“Please, Liz. I don’t think I can handle you staring at each other without doing anything about it any longer. I’ve been there and I don’t feel like going back. Just ask Isabel. Max and you… You’re just meant to be. You were made for each other. Just the fact that you are still around each other, that he is still taking care of you, proves that. Any other guy would’ve run by now, Lizzie. You took Max on a trip across the country, he lived under threat from your father and still he did it. Because he loves you, he loves you so much.”

Liz fell back on the bed, staring up into the ceiling. “You don’t know how much I want to believe that, Maria. I do. I really do. But I can’t.”

“Why not?” Maria wailed. Why couldn’t Liz just realize what she had right in front of her eyes? Why was she being so difficult? Seriously, how did Max put up with her?

“Because he doesn’t want to make love to me.”

Silence fell with a thunderous weight, before Maria fell back on the bed next to Liz. “Now we’re finally getting somewhere.”

She knew without looking at Liz, that her best friend’s face was crimson with humiliation. Liz was not the one to talk about these types of things. Whenever Maria would talk about all her accomplishments with boys, Liz would be the first one to make faces and cover her ears. Liz obviously hadn’t planned on revealing that, but now it was out and Maria would be damned if she didn’t sort it out.

“Did he tell you why?” she asked.

She felt the movements of the shake of Liz’s head vibrate through the mattress.

“So…what kind of conversations had you had about this?”

“I-“ Liz wrapped her arms across her face and groaned. “I can’t believe I’m having this conversation with you.”

“Oh come on, Liz,” Maria said. “I’ve talked about much worse things with you than this.”

“I know,” Liz moaned miserably. “But then it was you doing the talking.”

“And you hiding in the next room,” Maria filled in.

“Yeah,” Liz said weakly. “Can we just forget this? Forget I said anything.”

“Nah-uh,” Maria protested. “I’m not letting this go. Have you ever been close?”

“Close to what?” Liz asked, even though she knew fully well what Maria was hinting at.

“Doing the dead? Dancing the horizontal mambo? Jumping each other-“

“Yes!” Liz cried quickly to stop Maria from getting to any gruesome analogies.

“Yes?” Maria asked interested.

“I mean, no,” Liz said quickly, trying to erase what she had just let slip. “I mean…” she sighed. “I went to his room a week ago, trying to…seduce him.”

Maria couldn’t help but laugh, in triumph. “I knew it! It’s always the quiet ones isn’t it? I knew there was a tigress in you somewhere, Liz Parker.”

Liz whimpered in frustration. “No, Maria. I was…well-“

“Horny,” Maria filled in calmly.

“No.”

“What then?”

“I just… I felt so alone.”

“Okay.”

“I can’t explain it. Max makes me feel…safe. I needed to be safe with him.”

Maria looked over at her uncomfortable friend and said softly, “So you needed to be intimate with him.”

Liz nodded. “It was stupid. He…he said no.”

“Somehow I have troubles believing that,” Maria said.

“I’m not making this up, Maria.”

“No, no. I know you’re not. It’s just… Max has wanted you for so long. I mean, it’s so obvious. Anyone can see it. He can barely control himself around you. It’s embarrassing actually. Being your friend is embarrassing.”

“Maria,” Liz whined.

“Sorry. Digressing. But he must’ve said something else. I don’t believe he would just say ‘no’.”

“Well, that’s the thing. He was actually being really sweet about it. Saying that I wanted to have sex for the wrong reasons. That I shouldn’t be upset when doing it.”

“See, that’s what I’m talking about-“

“No, but,” Liz protested, “I’ve been fine after that. And still, he doesn’t- He’s keeping his distance.”

Maria rolled onto her side and took a deep breath, before talking with uttermost seriousness. “Okay, babe. I’ll let you in on a secret right now, okay? Just listen. Max wants you. In every way possible. Every dirty way imaginable. He wants you embarrassingly much. He wants you so much that just being around you without getting you is taking a real toll on him. So his only salvation from not climaxing holding your hand-“

“Maria!” Liz exclaimed horrified, but couldn’t help but giggle.

“You just listen!” Maria said, keeping her face serious. “His only salvation is to keep his distance. He can’t control himself around you, but he feels that he needs to.”

“Why? I don’t want him to control himself around me.”

“He thinks you’re not ready, Liz. He wants to protect you. He doesn’t want to push you into anything. He doesn’t want to ruin anything between you. That’s why he’s so cautious. That’s why he’s barely touching you. It’s as simple as that.”

“I really wish that you’re right,” Liz sighed. If only Max wanted her as much as Maria seemed to think he did.

“I’m right,” Maria said with conviction and shrugged nonchalantly. “I’m Maria Deluca.”

“Assuming that what you’re saying is true-“

“Which it is-“

“Then what should I do?”

“Seduce him of course,” Maria said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“Seduce him?” Liz asked incredulously.

“Yep,” Maria confirmed. “You have to show him how much you want him. Show him that you’re ready to take your relationship to the next level. Just don’t come off too desperate.”

Liz slapped her arm. “Hey!”

Maria laughed. “I’m not the sexually frustrated one here.”

“Maria!” Liz laughed.

They laughed together, staring up into the ceiling.

“Feeling better?” Maria asked when their laughter calmed down.

Liz nodded, her eyes glittering. “Yeah.”

TBC...
Last edited by max and liz believer on Fri May 04, 2007 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

Thank you so much for the feedback!

Rowedog
dreamerbabylioness
Natz
begonia9508
imnotic
LairaBehr4
aussietrueblue
clueless
behr_able
cassie

Chapter 25

Two days later

“It will be fun, Max!!” As Liz tugged harder on his hand, Max tried his best to contain his smile and sustain the outward expression of disapproval.

“You know I hate them!” Max whined.

Liz stopped and swirled around, looking at him. “You’re such a girl!”

“Am not,” Max objected.

“Yeah, Max. You are,” Michael chimed in behind them.

Max felt his ears grow red at the comment, having missed Michael’s arrival. Watching Michael breeze by, whispering something in Maria’s ear that made her laugh, Max looked at Liz.

“What is Michael doing here anyway?”

“Oh, him. Maria has a thing for him.”

Max looked over at the unthinkable couple. “Oh.”

“Yeah. Now, where were we?”

“I believe we were going to buy candy floss,” Max suggested.

Liz laughed. “I don’t think so, mister.”

Max frowned. “Mister? Who are you calling mister?”

Liz stepped closer to him, grabbing his chin firmly in her small hand and forced his head to turn into the direction of the rollercoaster.

“Over there, Evans, is where all your dreams will come true.”

Grabbing a hold of her waist, he pulled her flush against his body, the sudden movement causing her to gasp. “I’m pretty sure my dreams don’t involve a rollercoaster. I’ve got all I need right here.”

As his hands slid down her jeans-clad butt she had to resist the urge to kiss him senseless and instead pulled out of his arms. She had a mission to accomplish.

“Nah-uh, don’t even try.”

Max looked at her seriously. “Liz, there is no way I will ever get onto that rollercoaster.”

“What if I told you that there are rewards involved? Would you do it then?”

His interest piqued, Liz had his undivided attention. “What kind of rewards are we talking about here?”

“Well…” Stepping closer to him again, Liz put a finger at the edge of his collar, tracing the outside of the collar by slowly moving along the exposed skin. “It might involve my apartment…”

Max unconsciously moved closer, drawn by the look on her face. “Yes…?”

Liz slowly licked her lips, enjoying how Max intently studied the movement. “And… maybe a bed…”

Max nodded. “Aha.”

“Guys!! Get your horny asses over here!”

Max closed his eyes and sighed, resting his forehead against Liz’s.

“Why can’t the world leave us alone?” he grumbled.

He opened his eyes to see Liz smile up at him. “The world will leave us alone after you’ve placed your cute butt on that rollercoaster over there.”

He tore his eyes away from Liz, looked passed Maria who was staring at them and waiting for them to move according to her command, and over at the wooden creation of death. Swinging his head back to Liz, he shuddered.

“If I can do it, you can do it.” Liz leaned closer and stroked her fingers down his bicep, putting on her most admiring air-headed voice, “You’re so big and strong…”

He smiled and shook his head, knowing exactly how he was being played but simultaneously finding it amusing how he didn’t seem to care. “I don’t know how you just did that, but I know I’m gonna regret it later.”

Liz’s face brightened in a large smile and Max found himself looking forward to the rollercoaster as long as he would see that magic smile again. During the months on the road, when he had barely seen a single smile from Liz, every smile was a blessing.

“You’re gonna love it, I just know it,” she said and grabbed his hand.

He shook his head to himself and murmured under his breath. “You’re a sucker, Max Evans.”

<center>---------------------------------------</center>

“Max,” she moaned as he nibbled on her throat.

Her back slammed into the door and she felt Max’s hands on her butt, lifting her off the ground. Her arms tightened around his neck as her legs wrapped around his waist.

“Mmm,” Max got out as his teeth raked over her collarbone.

“Max,” Liz moaned in repeat, her words bearing no meaning at the same time as bearing all meaning in the world.

She felt his hands move down the sides of her abdomen, lingering around her waist where he used the position as an opportunity to pull her closer against him. Her legs tightened in response around him and he groaned against her throat. His hands buried in her dark loose hair, pulling her head in for another kiss.

“Inside,” she murmured.

“Uh-huh,” he answered seemingly uncommitted. Before she knew what or how it had happened, her bottom landed on the kitchen counter as Max had quickly maneuvered them through the front door. His hands crept under her shirt and restlessly skimmed across the skin of her back. She arched her head backwards in response, her eyes falling closed with a moan at his touch against her skin. She needed him. She needed him so badly.

“I need you,” she whispered honestly and used her heels to push his lower body closer between her thighs.

Max audibly gasped at the feel of the anatomy of him that needed her the most brushing up against her so intimately, merely fabrics separating them. The sensation caused his breath to get stuck in his throat but also rocked his thoughts back into sensibility.

“We have to stop,” he mumbled, contradicting his words by letting his lips suck on her neck, where he could feel the rhythmic pulsation of her vein.

His words shot themselves through her desire with corrosive clarity, but she tried to ignore the hurt his words brought and instead pulled him closer, desperate to make him change his mind.

“No,” she mumbled, pulling on the collar of his sweater to access more skin which she could taste.

His eyes fell closed and he tried to calm himself down. He needed to stop this. He needed to. He wasn’t going to let Liz do something she would regret later.

His hands shaking with the efforts of pressing down his true feelings, he gently cradled her face in his hands and made her look up at him.

“Jesus,” he murmured reverently when he was faced with her flushed face, those big brown eyes and swollen red lips. Despite his own intentions he leaned in and kissed her softly.

“You’re gorgeous, you know that?” he said against her lips.

He could feel the smile on her lips against his in their close vicinity.

“Thank you,” she said softly, shyly. She met his eyes and keeping his gaze, her hand enclosed on top of one of his large hands that was cradling her cheek. She lifted his hand and brought the palm to her lips, kissing it tenderly.

“Liz…” Max said, regret lacing his warm voice.

“What?” she whispered, her heart hurting from the look that had passed in his eyes. She knew what he was going to say next. Knew what was going to happen with agonizing conviction.

“We…” Max started, his voice trailing off as Liz pulled away from him, her eyes lodging on the floor. He swallowed, seeing the pain course through her small body as easily as he could see her pulling away from him. “Liz…”

“Don’t. Okay?”

Her voice was hard, distant and her arms folded across her chest.

“We shouldn’t let it go too far, we’re not ready.”

She sighed heavily. “Yeah, so you’ve said.”

His hand reached out, trying to beckon her to face him. But she slapped his hand away as she slid off the counter. “Leave me alone, Max.”

Max was slightly taken aback by Liz’s strong reaction. She had seemed disappointed before when he had stopped them, but this was something completely different.

“Liz,” he said, his voice louder.

She didn’t reply and he took a couple of long strides to catch up with her, grabbing her upper arm to stop her from running away. “I’m doing this for you.”

She spun around, anger making her tears glisten hotly. A shiver of pain went through him at her tears. He hated to see her cry and this time he had caused her tears.

“The hell you are!” she snapped.

“You’re not ready,” Max said.

Frustrated, she hastily brushed tears off her cheeks with the back of her hand, staring at him hotly. “How do you know?! Huh? How do you know how I feel? You have no idea, Max!”

Max felt himself getting angry with her accusative words and he bit out, “I know better than most.”

She bit her lips together. “Congratulations, Max. But you hardly know anything. No one knows anything!”

Her voice crumbled in vulnerability and the anger ran off him. He reached out, his eyes softening, “Liz…”

She shook her head, stepping away from his hand and a second later the slam from her bedroom door once again had the painting on the wall fall heavily to the floor.

He squeezed his eyes closed and sighed tiredly. Why was she being so stubborn? This wasn’t really easy on him either. He wanted her so badly he could taste it. It took everything in his soul to not give in to what he obviously wanted to do with her. It wasn’t making it easier that she was tempting him either. He was doing this for her. Why couldn’t she see that?

His knuckles rapped against the wooden door and not expecting to get a reply he pushed the door open.

“Get out!”

He ducked as a shoe came flying in his direction. “Liz! What the hell?! Are you trying to kill me?”

“Leave me alone, Max,” her voice articulated from a dark corner of the bedroom. “Isn’t that what you want anyway?”

“Come on, Liz. Stop being such a drama queen,” Max snapped.

A gasp was heard followed by a piercing sob. Just a single one, but it was enough to tear a small piece off of Max’s heart.

“Liz, I-“

“Do yourself a favor, Max, and leave now.”

Her voice was surprisingly clear and strong. But cold. So cold.

“You are not ready to have…sex, Liz.”

Silence followed and then Liz voice came through the darkness, softer. “You’re right. I’m not ready to have sex. But I’m ready to make love.”

Max shook his head at this. “There’s really not much difference, Liz. You’re not ready to make love either.”

“How do you know?!” she said harshly.

“I don’t want you to regret it. It’s your first time, Lizzie.”

Movement was heard from the corner and then she replied, “Don’t you think I know that? I’m nervous. I’m scared about my first time. Do you know how much worse it is to also hear you say that I’m not attractive!”

Max tripped on the word, spluttered in surprised shock. “What?!”

“You love me but you don’t want me. It’s as simple as that. And I’m tired of not having my feelings reciprocated. You say that you love me, but I don’t believe it. I don’t believe it.”

Max propelled across the room, around the bed, into the corner where Liz was sitting. Her glistening eyes widened in shock as she saw him appear, something indescribable in his eyes. Without a word he pulled her up and pushed her down on the bed. She knew that maybe she should be scared by his rough behavior, but for the first time, there was not a trace of doubt in her heart that Max would not hurt her. Max didn’t give her any time to reflect over this change as he fell to his knees before her and grabbed her shoulders.

“Now you listen to me, Elizabeth!”

She swallowed. He was angry. He never called her Elizabeth.

“In case you haven’t noticed, I’ve been in love with you for several years. You are my best friend. I would die for you, damnit!” He didn’t stop to breathe, as the words kept tumbling across his lips, causing tears to flow down Liz’s cheeks. “Do you know how many fantasies I’ve had about you and us together? Do you know how you constantly disrupt my sleep because I can’t stop dreaming about making love to you? That was before we kissed!”

He groaned in frustration and continued, his voice slightly softer. “You drive me crazy, Liz Parker. Every time you bite your lip when you’re thinking about something, I want to take you right there and then-“ Liz’s eyes widened in surprise at his bluntness and her heart fluttered with desire. “Every time your hair falls down across your face, I want to reach out and brush it out of the way and taste the skin of your neck. Every time you yawn and you have to stretch your arms up so that your top rides up and-“

He took a deep breath, struggling to control his frustration, “I can’t think of anything else than how you would look without that top. Every time you wear jeans…hell, you could wear garbage bags, you would still be gorgeous.” He looked at her closely, his breathing slowing down. “Every time, Liz. Every time. I love you so much it hurts. And to be around you every day without being able to truly show that… It’s killing me. But I couldn’t live with the knowledge of having forced you into something that you are not ready for-“

She opened her mouth to protest, but he simply, tenderly, pressed his index finger against her lips to silence her. “You are too special to me, Liz. I don’t want us to sleep together just because we should take the next step in our relationship. When I make love to you, Lizzie,” his voice lowered to a softness that made her breath hitch in her throat, “it’s going to be slow,” she licked her lips, her eyes transfixed by the movement of his lips as he spoke, “I’m going to take my time to explore every inch of you. I’m going to make you fall apart in my arms,” Liz shifted on the bed, the room suddenly feeling very warm, “touch you in places no one has ever touched you before.” His eyes slid to her lips and he took a deep breath. “And when I do, I don’t want you to be scared. I don’t want you to be nervous. I want you to want it because you love me, not because you need to feel loved. Because there’s no need for that, Liz. I already love you, more than you’ll ever know.”

“Max…” Liz sighed.

He met her eyes and smiled softly at the love he saw there. Circling his hand around her chin, he softly directed her lips towards his and softly feathered his lips against hers.

“Don’t for a second think that I don’t want you. When you give yourself to me, I want all of you. All of the independent, strong woman I know is itching to come out. There’s no need to rush, Liz. We’ve got all the time in the world.”

She nodded slowly, happiness crawling into every crevice of her body as she finally started to believe that he meant what he was telling her.

“So you want me, huh?” she asked softly, teasingly.

He raised an eyebrow at her and she laughed softly, her face flushing as his love blazed over her. Her eyes dropped to her lap. “I’m sorry. I just… I just can’t believe…”

“Believe what?” he asked as her voice trailed off.

“That somebody would want me,” she whispered, slightly embarrassed at revealing one of her deepest insecurities.

“I can’t believe that somebody wouldn’t want you,” Max answered. “How could they not?”

“My father…” She felt Max’s hands tighten where it was resting against her thigh. “He was very convincing.”

Max nodded, trying to push the anger away. Now was not the time to lash out on Devin Parker and everything he had ruined in Liz’s life. “I know.” He brushed his thumb across her cheek. “But we both know that your father was wrong about a lot of things, so I think it’s time we forget about everything he ever told you.”

She smiled at him sadly. “I can’t do that. It’s part of me.”

He nodded in understanding. “Then just let it take the back seat for a while and listen to your wise buddy Max.”

Liz laughed. “’My wise buddy Max?’”

He smirked. “All you need is Max.”

Her face softened and she brought her hand up to his face to gently move across his cheek. “Finally something I can agree upon.”

TBC...
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

I'm finally studying (pats self on shoulder), so I'm just taking a quick break to update this. Thank you all so much for reading!

cassie - I don't think Liz is giving up in her persuits though... :roll:
Emz80m - so glad to see you here again! :D I've missed you
dreamerbabylioness - Thank you!
aussietrueblue - Thank you!
clueless - Thank you!
Natz - Thank you, that means a lot!
begonia9508 - Liz sure is one lucky girl. But then again, anyone that gets to be with Max Evans could consider herself lucky... :wink:
Alien614 - Thank you for returning and letting me know that you're still reading
Rowedog - Hope is a good thing...
Natalie36 - Thank you :D
bigears - Thanks! :D
behr_able - :oops: shucks...thanks

Chapter 26

Two months later

“Are you ready?” he asked, his lips close to hers.

Her breathing was shallow in her ears and her body was trembling. But there was a giddiness in her eyes and a smile crept up her lips. She nodded. “ I think so.”

He grinned. “You have to be sure.”

Her eyes stared deeply into his and she bit her lower lip, watching with utter fascination how Max’s eyes turned a darker shade.

“I’m really doing this, aren’t I?” she whispered.

“Yes, baby,” he smiled.

“You guys ready?” a voice asked behind them, causing them to break apart. Max took a step back, looking closely at Liz’s face. There was insecurity in her eyes, but more clearly he could see the determination and excitement.

He raised a questioning eyebrow and she nodded. Taking a deep breath, she backed up to the edge. A gust of air blew a strand of hair in her eyes and she brushed it away, her eyes travelling to the space behind her. Where the ground disappeared and didn’t reappear until thousand feet below. She shook her head. She must be insane. She was just about to jump and fall on her head into a ravine. But she couldn’t ignore the rush of excitement running through her.

“Baby?”

Max’s voice brought her eyes back from the brink and she looked up into his face. There was no doubt in her mind that without him, she wouldn’t have been standing here today, about to entrust her life to the strength of some rubber strings.

She nodded. “I’m ready.”

The instructor stepped up to her, doing a last second check of all the equipment she was strapped into and then nodded with a smile. “Just take a step back, Liz, and let the air take it from there.”

She smiled at Max, nervousness making her smile tremble. “I love you.”

His smile was bright at the happiness in her eyes and he replied. “Love you.”

And with those words, Liz took a step back and let her body fall into nothingness. With a scream she let go off everything that she had gone through the last couple of months. And as the rubber ropes tightened just before her head would’ve hit the water at the bottom and easily snatched her back up higher in the air, her laughter echoed against the surrounding cliff walls, filling her with life.

<center>------------------------------------------</center>

“Diiiiieee!! Die you fucker!!”

Liz laughed softly as she opened the door to her apartment, Michael’s vindictive voice could be heard loud and clear all the way out in the hallway outside of the apartment. Not the slightest surprised, Liz found Max, Michael and Brendan on the floor in front of the TV, much the same way she had found them the last couple of weekends. Liz’s apartment had somehow become the Gaming capital of the world after Max purchased Playstation 3 and decided to place it in her home.

“Oooooh!!” Michael exclaimed in frustrated disappointment as one of his warriors was slayed by Brendan’s.

“You suck, man!!” Brendan yelled.

“Hey guys,” Liz said.

A grunt from Michael, an absent ‘hey’ from Brendan, Max was the only one looking up at her. “Hey,” he said softly, the game forgotten.

“Max, I’m killing you,” Michael announced as he chopped his knife into Max’s warrior, who was only standing there, letting himself be killed.

“Come here,” Max said to Liz, unaware of Michael’s very successful attempts at murdering him. He placed the control on the floor next to him and opened his arms in invitation.

Liz smiled and placed herself on his lap, her side to his chest and the heels of her bare feet pressed against the side of his thigh. His eyes spanned over her face, his hand combing through her hair and he whispered, “I missed you.”

“You’re dying, Max,” Michael informed and Max mumbled something in reply, not really listening to what Michael was saying.

“Hey Brendan, go for his other warrior,” Michael tipped after discovering Max and Liz position out of the corner of his eye. Liz’s presence had presented them with the perfect opportunity to exterminate Max’s entire army.

Max placed a kiss on Liz’s forehead, the first one out of many as he slowly kissed his way down her cheek, until he encountered her lips and pulled her bottom lips between his. The contact was brief and barely existent, but enough for Liz’s respiratory rate to pick up and be smoldered with the desire for more.

“I wasn’t gone for that long,” Liz murmured.

His eyes caught hers and he smiled, before wordlessly continuing his adoration of his face with his lips.

“You are so going down, Maxwell,” Michael smirked, hitting the button repeatedly while watching the digital blood gush out of the warrior he was attacking.

“I think you’re losing,” Liz whispered and barely repressed a moan as Max’s lips travelled down her neck.

“I was winning before,” Max answered calmly. “It will take them a while to get rid of my whole army.”

“Oh, and don’t think so,” Brendan objected, having overheard their conversation.

Liz turned her head to look at the TV screen, presenting Max with an unexplored part of Liz’s neck and he gladly let his lips feast. Liz gasped as Max attacked her skin, her eyes drifting closed.

“You guys are gross,” Michael said, watching Max’s warrior fall at his feet. “We can hear you.”

Max chuckled against her skin, which had Liz moan in pleasure as the vibrations from the sound caused shivers to run down her spine.

“Max, at least be decent enough to take Liz to her bedroom,” Brendan complained.

“Okay,” Liz said, slight disappointment in her voice as she tore herself away from Max. “Let’s kill them.”

Max looked at her with amusement but her response to his unspoken question was to innocently raise her eyebrows.

“Okay then,” Max said and bent down to retrieve the control.

“You’re gonna let your girlfriend clean up your mess, Evans?” Brendan asked.

Max held back a chuckle. The guys didn’t know what they had coming. Since the game console was in Liz’s apartment she’d had numerous hours of practice and she had beat Max every time they had played. But the guys obviously didn’t know this little fact.

“Yes,” Max answered simply and Liz smiled at him.

He placed the control in her hands and kissed her lips. “Make me proud, beautiful.”

She brightened with a playful twinkle in her eyes. “Oh I will.”

She shifted in his lap, her bottom brushing dangerously against him. He inhaled sharply and steadied her waist with his hands. “Careful.”

She turned to look at him and noted how he was straining to maintain in control. “Sorry,” she mouthed and he just shook his head in wonder at her. She was gorgeous; innocent and pure.

He wrapped his hands firmly around her waist and pulled her back firmly against his chest. His breath brushed against her ear as he whispered, “Show them.”

Her body trembled with repressed heat before she quickly pushed it to the side and concentrated on the task at hand. If the guys had seen the look of determination shining in her eyes they would’ve been afraid. But as it was, Michael and Brendan’s gazes were glued to the TV, getting cocky in their easy elimination of Max’s army.

The guys never knew what hit them. In the matter of ten minutes, Liz had rebuilt Max’s army, killed all of Brendan’s warriors and was now in a fight with Michael’s last surviving warrior. One more strike and Liz jumped up from Max’s lap in a squeal of victory.

“Haha!”

Michael was staring at the screen, his mouth hanging open, trying to register what had just happened. Had he just been beaten by a girl? At Playstation? How was that possible?

“Best out of three,” Brendan challenged. He was desperate. He couldn’t let Liz believe that she was better than him on this. It was beginner’s luck, that’s all it was. If they played again-

“You had an unfair advantage. Max’s army was bigger than ours,” Michael murmured.

Liz laughed. “Nah-uh. Don’t even try, Mikey Boy. You know as well as I do that Max’s army was smaller than yours when I started because you didn’t mind killing Max when he wasn’t paying attention.”

Michael grunted something in response before he stood up. “I was going to leave anyway.”

“No, Mike,” Brendan protested. “Another game? Come on, man.”

Michael shook his head. “Nah.”

“Let him be,” Liz said with humor twinkling in her eyes. “He’s exhausted.”

“It was beginner’s luck,” Michael stated, thinking along similar lines as Brendan.

Liz pursued her lips in consideration and then plumped down on Max’s lap, causing Max to groan. “Okay, let’s start all over. Another one. You on?”

“Uhm,” Michael said. He hadn’t expected her to be willing to play again.

“Come on, man,” Brendan practically begged. He didn’t feel that good about being left alone against this girl. They had to take her down together.

“You’re going down, Parker,” Michael grumbled as he picked up his control anew.

Liz smiled as she felt Max’s lips against the side of her neck. “My warrior.”

“Stop that,” Liz said softly, her words only heard by him. “If you keep doing that I’m gonna lose.”

“I thought I was your good luck charm,” Max whispered, his hands creeping under her shirt to splay across the underside of her ribs. She took a deep breath and cursed Max and his hands under her breath.

“Maaax…”

“Hey! Are we playing or what?” Michael questioned from the front, the console waiting for Liz to choose her team.

“Behave, Max,” she whispered hoarsely.

He felt shivers run down his spine at the sound of her much darker voice and his hand moved on its own accord under her shirt.

“Max,” she begged, pressing the buttons on the control to make her choices.

“Is winning really that important? More important than me?” he asked huskily as he dipped out with his tongue against her skin. She slightly jumped and then forcibly pulled his hands out from under her shirt.

“I’m warning you,” she said slowly.

“Yeah? What are you gonna do?” Max asked.

“Can you get on with it?” Michael asked irritated.

Liz’s attention snapped back to the screen and taking a deep breath, she willed her system to ignore Max’s presence. He was making it very difficult, sitting so close that she couldn’t discern from feeling where he ended and she began. She could feel the heat from his body floating into hers like a heating lamp, spreading up her neck and down her thighs.

Considering the conditions, Liz considered it a miracle that she, twenty minutes later, had managed to win again. This time she was more casual about it, just calmly placing her control onto the floor.

“I have to go,” Michael sighed. “I have some stuff to take care of.”

“Sure,” Liz said with deep understanding.

He pointed a finger in her face. “But this isn’t over, Parker.”

Brendan stood up, saying his goodbye’s to Max and Liz. As Brendan walked over to Michael, his voice came through loud and clear, “I can’t believe she won with Max’s hands all over her.”

Max chuckled behind Liz. “Yeah, what was that about? I’m not interesting enough to you to distract you from winning?”

She turned in his arms, repositioned herself so that she was facing him with her knees on either side of his waist. Her arms feel around his neck at the same time as the slam from the front door announced that they were alone. “That was one of the most difficult games I’ve ever played.”

He looked at her in surprise, his eyes lingering on her moist lips. “Really? You looked like you were handling that fine.”

“That game would’ve been over much sooner if you hadn’t kept teasing me.”

Max looked at her in mock confusion. “Teasing? I wasn’t teasing you.”

“Really?” she questioned incredulously. “Then what was up with all the touching?”

Max furrowed his forehead. “Touching? I thought you liked touching. I clearly remember us fighting about me not touching you enough.”

She swatted his chest, not that much for the comment, but mostly for the playful gleam in his eyes.

“Ouch,” he whined, stroking the place where she had hit him. “I don’t understand you, Parker. First I’m not touching you enough and now I’m touching you too much. A guy obviously can’t do anything right.”

She nodded seriously. “Maybe I should teach you.”

His eyes flickered to her mouth again, swallowing with the need to taste her. “Maybe you should.”

She rocked her hips slightly against him, causing his eyes to flutter closed and a groan to escape his lips. “Liz…”

“But I’m starving.”

He opened his eyes as he felt her move off his lap. His hand caught hers and she paused. “Where are you going?”

“Food,” she said simply. “I’m starving. I haven’t eaten since breakfast. That was like twelve hours ago.”

“You got to be kidding me,” Max said.

“You want me to starve?” Liz asked in disbelief, her eyes large. She stood up, fixing her top that Max had somehow managed to completely rumple during his earlier ministrations. “We’ll pick this up later, okay?”

Max stared at her as if she had just grown horns, but before she turned away from him completely he saw the laughter flutter in her eyes. His eyes grow dark as a slight smile played on his lips. Oh, Liz. I’m gonna get you for that

TBC...
Last edited by max and liz believer on Wed May 16, 2007 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

Don't you just hate it when feedback disappears in the pruning process? *sigh* I'll get over it.

Thank you so much everyone for your words;

Sprayadhesive - Just because Michael and Brendan appeared to be the bigger men and accept Liz's victory, I'm sure there are not really the bigger men on the inside :wink:
Rowedog - Nookie, huh? It's coming up, I promise... Somewhere around the chapter after this :roll:
Emz80m - Thank you!
clueless - Thank you!
Natz - Thank you!
begonia9508 - Yep, Liz is a victorious woman
behrluv32 - Thank you!
Natalie36 - Thank you!
roswell4life - Well, Michael needs to be taken down a few steps sometimes.
behr_able - Glad you're liking these sides of Max and Liz :wink:
cassie - You're the first one to mention the beginning. Thank you! And you're right - video games is one big pissing contest :P
Thursday's Child - Thank you so much :oops: That means a lot to me!
Alien614 - Thank you!
bigears - Liz is happy. Finally. Thank you!
LairaBehr4 - I am studying, I have been studying for so long. I'm so fed up with it. I had a major "Need to talk to a human being" yesterday, but unfortunately everyone I wanted to talk to (best friend, friend, friend, you) are in America and it was morning there. Sigh. So bored of studying.
Nz_Roswell - Yeah, poor Michael :wink: Thanks!
Gigo - Thank you!! You know what for :D

If everything goes according to plan (and Liz doesn't suddenly flip out on me - my characters have a tendency to do very impulsive things. I have no control over my stories sometimes :| ) things will seriously steam up between Max and Liz in the chapter after this. Just hang in there :wink:

The rat mentioned in this chapter is describing the rat currently living in my house. And I felt like putting him into the story, for some reason. It must suck to be an animal in a house of three veterinary students, since we are always practising physical exams on the poor thing :roll:

Small Disclaimer: Lyrics towards the end of the chapter are by Damien Rice. The songs are "Amie" and "The Blower's Daughter"

Chapter 27

“A rat?”

Maria nodded excited.

“A rat?” Liz repeated.

Maria nodded even more.

“As in…a rat?”

Maria’s head was now bopping so much it looked like it might fall off any second.

“As in…alive?”

“Yes,” Maria confirmed eagerly.

Liz shivered. “With a tail?”

“It’s really cute. It has black eyes-“

Another shiver rushed through Liz. “It’s black?” Pictures of feral rats the size of cats with large sharp canines flashed through her head.

“And white,” Maria added, her eyes almost popping out of their socket with the thrill.

“A rat?” Liz continued. She knew that she sounded like a broken record, but Maria had after all just told her that she had gotten a pet rat. Who has pet rats anyway? “Why not a dog…or a cat?”

“The landlord doesn’t approve of it,” Maria supplied.

“The landlord?” Liz questioned. She was starting to feel like a parrot, but Maria had suddenly ceased to make any sense to her.

“Yeah, at the new place.”

“What new place?”

“The one on Victoria Street.”

Liz closed her eyes a second before jumping up and throwing her hands heavenward in frustration. “What are you talking about?

Maria looked at her oddly, as if Liz was the one acting like a mental patient. “Michael and I.”

Liz took a deep breath. She didn’t remember that it was this difficult to hold a conversation with Maria. Maybe she had gotten stupid after spending so much time with Max lately. She smiled to herself. Max…

“We’re moving in together.”

Max’s face dissipated in front of her eyes and she stared at Maria. “What?!”

Maria looked shocked. “Oh, I didn’t tell you?”

Liz stared at her. “No!

“Oh sorry. We decided that we wanted to get an apartment together. And I’m old enough. We’re both eighteen.”

“You’re moving in together at 18?”

“Michael’s dad is an asshole and Michael’s been wanting to move out since he was like…two. But he can’t afford a place on his own so I told him that I would come with him.”

“And the rat?”

“Yeah, the rat too.”

Liz sighed. She was getting a headache. “So, let me get this straight. You’re moving out of your mom’s place. You’re gonna live with Michael Guerin a.k.a Mr. Afraid of Commitment and you’re gonna have a rat?”

“We already have the rat, but yeah.”

Why didn’t she just say that from the beginning? Liz sank back down on the grass. “Okay.”

“So, back to Abu.”

“Abu?” Liz questioned.

“Yeah, the rat. His name is Abu.”

“Oh.” Of course.

Before Liz had a chance to agree or disagree to seeing Abu, Maria held out her sleeve and out from the sleeve poked some whiskers. Liz jumped up and screamed.

“What is that?!”

Maria looked up at her incredulously. “It’s Abu.”

Liz carefully took a closer look. The small head was peeking out from Maria’s sleeve, moving restlessly back and forth as charcoal eyes actively was trying to absorb everything in its environment.

“Eww…it’s inside your shirt,” Liz observed.

Being so transfixed with the rodent, Liz failed to notice the tall person coming up behind her and she jumped with a small shriek as the person snaked his arm around her waist. Recognizing Max’s voice as he chuckled she visibly relaxed in his arms.

“What’s wrong?” he asked bemused. “Did I scare you?”

“There’s a rat,” Liz stated, pointing at Maria.

Max frowned. “A rat?”

Glad to be of service, Maria held her sleeve up, where the head of the rat was dangling outside of the sleeve. Max stared at it, his brain confirming that it was indeed a rat. “I see.”

“Maria’s got a rat,” Liz specified.

“Oh, okay.”

“Because she’s moving in with Michael.”

“You need a rat when you move in with Michael?”

Maria laughed. “No, you idiot. The landlord doesn’t allow cats and dogs-“

“But he allows the one animal that is capable of spreading all human diseases, even the plague?” Liz asked.

Maria rolled her eyes. “Dogs makes noises and cats destroy stuff-“

Max raised his eyebrows, his eyes transfixed by the little animal. “Don’t rats eat, like, anything?”

Maria smiled impishly. “Yeah… but I promised that the rat would stay in its cage if I wasn’t holding it.”

“Oh…” Max and Liz said in unison. They watched as Maria cooed to Abu and massaged the small head, the rat closing his eyes in enjoyment.

“Uhm…okay then,” Max said and shook his head before nuzzling Liz’s neck. “I wanted to talk to you about something.”

She turned towards him. “What’s up?”

He looked at her with a secret look. “I got you something.”

Her eyes brightened. “Really? What?”

Without hesitation, he produced two slips of paper from behind his back. She grabbed them and with excited anticipation read the text.

“Oh my God,” she mumbled. “Is this for real?”

Maria looked up from Abu. “What?”

Max nodded, his eyes shining.

“You got tickets for Damien Rice?”

“It’s not a big thing. He’s playing in this small-“

Max was unable to finish his sentence as Liz, with a squeal, threw her arms around his neck and hugged him fiercely. Max laughed at her happiness. He loved to make her happy.

“Thank you thank you thank you thank you,” Liz murmured, raining kisses over his face.

“Do you have a ticket for me?” Maria asked.

Max turned apologetic eyes to her. “Sorry no.”

She hadn’t really expected him to have it, but she had to ask. It was obvious that they were going on a date. Which reminded Maria that she hadn’t spoken to Liz recently about Max and Liz relationship status. She remembered that in the last conversation they’d had on the topic, Liz had felt unattractive and Maria had used every way she could to convince Liz that Max was crazy about her. Considering the way they were currently clinging to each other, it looked like they had worked it out. She wasn’t sure if they had done the deed yet. Watching the sexual tension flow between her two friends with such intensity that she had to turn her eyes away, she suspected that they still hadn’t reached that last level yet. The way they were with each other always made Maria feel like she was intruding on a very intimate moment and she cleared her throat.

“Uhm…I’m just gonna-” knowing that they weren’t really paying any attention to her, she shook her head. “Okay then.”

<center>-----------------------------------------</center>

Nothing unusual, nothing strange
Close to nothing at all
The same old scenario, the same old rain
And there's no explosions here

Max looked down at Liz, her hair flowing wildly around her as she sang along with the lyrics.

Then something unusual, something strange
Comes from nothing at all
I saw a spaceship fly by your window
Did you see it disappear?

Liz had once said that Damien Rice was the only person that understood her. He wrote the songs straight to her heart and she could feel the bittersweet misery he was conveying. He had saved her on many occasions.

She looked up to find Max staring at her and she smiled. She knew in that moment, looking into his golden eyes, the dim light casting shadows over his face, that she could honestly say that someone else understood her now.

She grabbed his hand and laced their fingers together.

Amie come sit on my wall
And read me the story of O
And tell it like you still believe
That the end of the century
Brings a change for you and me

He brought their intertwined fingers to his lips and kissed her knuckles. As if pulled by primal magnetism, she stepped up to him and wrapped her free arm around his waist while he captured their connected hands and brought them to rest over his heart. As she stepped closer to him, he tightened his arm now around her waist and pulled her in intimate contact with his body. He kissed her temple as they softly started to move to the music.

Nothing unusual, nothing's changed
Just a little older that's all
You know when you've found it,
There's something I've learned
'Cause you feel it when they take it away

“I love you,” she whispered close to his ear, close to his heart.

His breath fluttered in his throat. “Ditto, Parker.”

Something unusual, something strange
Comes from nothing at all
But I'm not a miracle
And you're not a saint
Just another soldier
On the road to nowhere

She laughed softly, his reply bringing back memories from another time, when they had been kids. To a time before her life had been broken, ripped to pieces by the bitter wrath of her father. To a time when Max had infuriated her by always saying ‘ditto’ every time Liz tried to have a reasonable conversation with him.

He had done it so often that she had finally screamed at him in frustration. Being a six-year-old boy he had only laughed and resorted to taunt Liz as she tried to catch him while he yelled ‘ditto’ over and over again just to annoy her.

Liz let out another laugh. It was a wonder that they had remained friends. That they had stuck by each other.

“What?” he asked, contented happiness softening his voice.

Amie come sit on my wall
And read me the story of O
And tell it like you still believe
That the end of the century
Brings a change for you and me

She shook her head against his chest, before answering. “I was just thinking about what an annoying brat you were when you were little.”

He pulled away to look at her and said indignantly. “I wasn’t.”

She leaned in and brushed her lips against his. “Yes, you were. You used to hide my dolls.”

“Only because you forced me to play with them,” Max protested.

“Come on, you wanted me to,” she scrunched her nose in dislike, “play with those transformers.”

“Hey,” Max exclaimed defensively. “Transformers are cool!”

“They’re robots!” Liz laughed.

“And dolls are plastic,” Max countered.

“Dolls train you for the future. You will thank me when you become a dad. How else would you know how to correctly hold a baby?”

“I think I would’ve figured it out…”

“Scratch that,” Liz giggled. “I remember now. I will never let you hold my children.”

“What? Are you making fun of my doll training now? I was excellent at feeding!”

Liz laughed, the memory very clear in her head. “I remember you used to hold the doll by the leg, upside down. You even dropped it on occasion.”

“What about those Barbie dolls you decapitated?” Max asked in his defense.

“Okay, okay,” Liz crept closer to him again. “We are both going to be terrible parents.”

She buried her head in his chest, noticing that Damien had started on another song. One of her absolute favorites.

And so it is
Just like you said it would be
Life goes easy on me
Most of the time

His fingers threaded through her hair and he kissed the top of her head, feeling utterly content. Their bodies moved easily to the music and the song made him remember the recent past. The trip to see her mother. The tears. The fear.

And so it is
The shorter story
No love, no glory
No hero in her sky

But mostly he remembered her. How scared he had been of losing her. How he’d wanted to give up his whole life, his happiness, for her happiness. To give her a life.

I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes...

He still felt that way. He knew that he would always be a part of her life. He would never be able to leave her. Where she went, he would go. Now and forever.

And so it is
Just like you said it should be
We'll both forget the breeze
Most of the time
And so it is
The colder water
The blower's daughter
The pupil in denial

TBC...

-------------------------

Small warning; I don't know when the next update is going to be. This was the last of the chapters I had written ahead, which has enabled me to update even though I'm studying like crazy. But now I'm out of chapters and I'm still studying like crazy. Exams are over on the 14th and I'm going back to Sweden on the 18th, so hopefully I'll find some time in between there to write that next chapter.

Thank you so much for reading. You're the best!!

- Jo
Last edited by max and liz believer on Wed May 23, 2007 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

I'm back... :)

First of all, I would like to thank everyone who read and left comments on my one-parter "Kiss Me". I wanted to leave a 'thank you'-note on the story itself, but I found it a bit strange to add an A/N to a one-parter... I decided to do it here instead, since some of the readers to "Kiss Me" are some of you, my dear faithful readers. Your words meant a lot (they always do), especially since it was my first one-parter.

Back to this story... Thank you for all the 'good lucks' for my exams and for the bumps. You are the best.

Now... On with it...

Chapter 28

A shiver raced through her and she tightened her arms around her waist, trying to fight off the chill of the wind. If she had known that the seemingly calm evening would turn so cold, she might have considered walking home.

She shrugged and smiled to herself.

But she liked it. She liked to feel the wind finger through her hair, loved the freshness that cooled her face while blossoming her cheeks and the smells it brought. Autumn was approaching. She became aware of the darkness closing in around her, but the darkness was her friend on this night.

Because she felt invincible.

Ten minutes earlier she had been sitting in a restaurant with a person that looked very much like an older version of herself. They had talked, cried, laughed and as dessert had been brought in, Liz’s mother had asked Liz if she wanted to go to Europe with her for four weeks. To get to know each other better and to make up for lost time. One part of Liz wanted to resist. Didn’t want to let herself be tempted by promises and happy endings. But the other part, the one that had easily won the argument in the end, was tired. Tired of fighting. Tired of resentment. Tired of abandonment. So very tired. There hadn’t been much hesitation.

Maybe she should’ve stood her ground. Maybe she should’ve let her mother know that the past could not be that easily forgotten. But honestly, she couldn’t care less. She wanted to live now. She wanted to put the past behind her.

She was ready for life.

She took a deep breath, a breath that got stuck in her throat as she felt the impact of something cold and wet on her cheek. She looked up at the sky, seeing the dark grey clouds move over the night sky, shielding the stars.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” she murmured and wiped another drop off her nose.

Then the sky opened and Liz realized that nature was indeed not kidding around. But while the downpour should have made her run and curse the weather gods, Liz Parker did neither. In the middle of the street, arms stretch out and her head bent back she starting twirling as raindrops saturated her eyelashes and ran into her open mouth. Her laughter tinkled in synchrony with the splashing of the raindrops against her skin as she spun and spun, becoming drunk on the dizziness it brought.

Her lips still wore a smile ten minutes later as she walked down the corridor to her apartment, her shoes making sounds as if wet sponges were attached to her feet. She twisted at the waist, reaching for her handbag, her hands grabbing mere air. The smile slid off her lips and as if her handbag for some reason had been scrambled together and crammed into her pocket, she frantically searched her jacket. A few seconds of searching later, she realized it was time to face the horrible naked truth. She had forgotten her handbag somewhere. Her handbag hadn’t contained much. Only a couple of dollars for the taxi ride she chose not to take and her keys, her keys being the main problem. Biting her lower lip, her eyes addressed the worn paint falling off the walls in snippets, her mind already formulating a solution.

Brushing her wet hair away from her face, she turned and knocked on the door next to hers.

Three minutes later she was out in the hallway again after having borrowed her neighbor’s phone to call Max, who had a spare key, her back leaving a wet trail on the wall as she slid down into sitting position.

That’s how Max found her twelve minutes later. “Caught in a monsoon?”

His voice brought her out of her pondering and she looked up, a somewhat embarrassed smile filtering across her lips. “Hi.”

“You’re drenched,” he stated.

She raised an eyebrow. “Observant.”

Pulling his keys out of his pocket he started to fiddle with the lock. “Where were you?”

She shrugged, rearranging her legs beneath her to pull herself to her feet. “With my mom-“ The wet underside of her shoes slid over the linoleum floor and before she knew it her feet disappeared under her and her bottom would’ve impacted the hard floor if Max’s fast reflexes hadn’t saved her.

She smiled up at him as his firm grip on her upper arm prevented her fall and pulled her to her feet. As the water from her clothes seeped into his from their close proximity, Max frowned. “Did you walk home?”

Liz nodded. “Yeah… I didn’t know it was going to rain.”

Max chuckled. “You don’t say.” He pushed the door open, watching her as she walked past him into the quiet and dark apartment. “How did it go? With your mom?”

She turned around, her wet hair losing some of its water as droplets spun around her at the motion, and smiled at him. “Really well.”

He warmed. Liz and Nancy had come a long way since their first meeting. It hadn’t looked very hopeful in the beginning, but they had systematically worked through the past. He turned to close the door, his thoughts jumbled with everything Liz had gone through these last couple of months and the progress she had made.

He turned around only to have his mouth fall open and his body grow stiff. Liz wasn’t wearing her sweater any longer. She wasn’t wearing the top underneath that one either. He could see the dampness which had seeped through her clothes glistening on her stomach as she unzipped her jeans. He gulped as her leaning forward presented him with a heart-stopping view of her wet bra and breasts.

“…for four weeks, but it’s totally… Max?”

Max tore his eyes up to her face, finding her looking at him intently, her cheeks red. He couldn’t tell if it was because of the fact that she just had realized that she was almost naked in front of him or from the fact that she had come from the cold outside into the warmth of her apartment.

He managed to squeeze some sound over his lips, something that was intended to be a ‘yes’ but was anything but.

“You alright?” she asked innocently and he was about to shake his head at her complete ignorance to his male status and what she was doing to it when he caught the twinkle in her eyes. Oooh. Elizabeth Parker knew exactly what she was doing. Okay then. If she wanted to play that game…

He swallowed, straightened and nodded. “You need any help there?”

She blinked surprised but recovered quickly. “Uhm…no I’m fine.”

He smiled. “Lizzie, have you ever removed wet jeans before?”

“Of course I have,” she murmured, suddenly regretting that she hadn’t gone to her room to undress because trying to get the wet demin material off her body when it was sticking to her as a second skin didn’t seem as seductive as she had first thought.

“Then you know how nearly impossible it is?” Max pointed out, moving closer.

The heat from his body made a shiver run through her, and the smile slipped off Max’s lips; his hands moving to grab the damp cold skin of her arms.

“Are you cold?” the concern was unmistakable.

She looked up at him through her eyelashes, heat pulsating through her at the contact of his warm hands against her skin. No, she wasn’t cold. Far from it.

“A little,” she whispered.

“A little?” he repeated, his hands rubbing her skin.

Her eyes collided with his and she nodded. His eyes drifted to her lips and he took a deep breath, his one hand drifting down her arm until he’d braided their fingers together.

“Come here,” he said, tugging on her hand.

She followed him into the kitchen, becoming increasingly aware of her unclad state and the chillness of the air against her wet skin. Max guided her up against the counter. His fingers slid down her cheek and he smiled as he observed her in all her beauty. She trembled under his touch and once again he misinterpreted her bodily reactions and a frown of concern draped over his forehead as he thought she was shivering as a result of being cold.

His hands moved down the side of her abdomen, causing her to hold her breath, but his attention was focused on making her warm again. Which meant that he needed to get her out of those wet clothes.

“Let me help you,” he said.

Before she had a chance to agree or protest, his fingers were against the front of her jeans, the feathery touch causing her to gasp. Max looked up at her, his pupils dilating in front of her, as he realized where his hands were and gradually absorbed the effect that same knowledge was having on her. She watched him intently when his fingers moved to her zipper and he slowly started to unzip. His eyes were locked with hers as he fitted his hands between the wet denim and her panties on the gentle swell of her hips, his thumbs pressed firmly against her hipbones.

Her breathing felt inadequate and her hands fluttered up to his shoulders, preventing her suddenly very weak legs from collapsing under her weight.

“I think I need your help,” Max said, his eyes moving across her face with such hunger that she couldn’t think of anything else but feeling his body against hers without the barriers of clothing.

“What?” she managed to whisper.

His hands left her hips and she whimpered softly in protest. But then his fingers connected with her elbows and tenderly stroked up to her wrists, which were resting on his shoulders, and her eyes drifted closed, her tongue wetting her suddenly dry lips. His fingers tightened around her wrists as he brought them off his shoulders and her legs gave out on her.

He prevented her from the fall by stepping even closer to her, his body pressing hers into the counter. Liz swallowed at the sensation of his hard body so intimately fitting with every curve of hers and she couldn’t will herself to open her eyes; the sensations of him gently caressing her arms almost too much. Her breath hitched as his fingers once again came into contact with her hips as he guided her hands to her hip bones. Inwardly she protested as he removed his hands, leaving hers there.

She imagined that she could feel the heat of his gaze move over her, but she didn’t dare to open her eyes. She didn’t trust herself with him any longer. If she looked at him now, she would not be held responsible for her own actions. There was a very large risk that she wouldn’t be able to control herself any longer.

“Hold on,” he whispered.

In confusion, her eyes blinked open, finding herself staring straight into his dark eyes. Her entire upper body was slightly moving with the movement of her strained breathing and there was no way that she could stop herself from leaning forward and pressing her lips against his. She took his bottom lip between hers, tugging on it, causing him to pull her closer. Their hands were in close contact, still resting on her hips, but she felt the pressure of his body over the back of her hands as he pulled her body into hers with a rough urgency very uncharacteristic of him.

She whimpered at the intensity while her body trembled as his tongue caressed hers. If she was only allowed to do one thing for the rest of her life, she would choose to kiss Max Evans. But then his fingers fluttered across the sides of her abdomen and her thoughts changed to something much less innocent than kissing that she could imagine herself doing for the rest of her life.

“Max,” she gasped as the pads of his thumbs brushed the gentle curve formed from the underside of her breast. The sensation was so strong that it didn’t make a difference that lace was between his fingers and her skin; she would have felt the same current regardless.

“I can’t…can’t stop,” Max mumbled into her mouth.

“Then don’t,” Liz whispered, causing Max to pull back from her. They stared at each other, chests heaving in unison, shallow breaths racing over their lips and bodies flustering with inner heat.

“Are you sure?” he asked, looking at her closely.

She smiled and pulled him closer, giving him a soft lingering kiss. “Yes, I’m sure.”

If possible, her reply made his eyes grow even darker and he fused their lips together again, his tongue discovering her mouth as if he had never tasted her before. Coming up for air, he pulled back slightly to look at her. He could spend hours and hours just watching her. And with the emotions of desire flushing her face, she looked more beautiful than ever.

Her eyes were closed, her glistening lips slightly separated to allow air to enter. He ran his fingers down the sides of her neck, causing her to sigh softly. He cradled her face in between his hands, the wetness of her rain-drenched hair tickling his fingertips, and brought her face closer. Then he slid his lips slowly across her half-open mouth, leaving her mouth just as he felt the tip of her tongue tasting the edge of his bottom lip and kissed his way up her cheek. Reaching her eyes, he placed two soft kisses on each eyelid, causing her to smile. His lips whispered across her cheekbones and he reached her ear, taking an earlobe between his teeth and gently tugging on it.

“Max…” she moaned, her body tingling all over.

He placed a kiss below her ear and whispered, “I love you.”

He heard the hitch in her breath and he pulled back to look at her. Her eyes were still closed, tears now clutching the edges of her eyelashes. Concerned, his thumbs collected the tears in a tender brush. Her eyes opened and his heart skipped a beat. She was gorgeous. Her large brown eyes were almost black with desire, glistening with unshed tears, and heated with millions of unnamed emotions.

The expression was all the answer he needed and he caught her lips once again, his kiss a faint whisper to the frenzied passion from earlier, but nevertheless just as emotional. His tongue brushed against the corner of her mouth before he traveled lower, spreading his wet kisses across her chin and eliciting a soft giggle from her as he moved down her neck where he knew she was ticklish.

But the humor rapidly disappeared from her voice as her next moan was brought forward by Max pressing his lips against the bridge between her breasts, just above the material of her bra. Continuing their travel, his lips moved to the side, feeling the soft texture of her breast, making it difficult for him to keep standing as his legs wobbled with the sensation.

“God…Oh God,” Liz kept mumbling, making him smile against her skin and against his own deep inner wishes, he left her breast and moved back to the center, causing Liz to whimper in protest.

But his wet kisses continued to trail down the middle of her abdomen, memorizing every nuance of texture, every freckle, and every ripple of her skin during his travel. His hands followed, trailing along the sides of her abdomen.

His hands came to an abrupt stop as the texture of her skin changed beneath his fingertips, losing its pliancy and become firmer. He pulled away from her, his eyes searching out the spot his fingers had found. Gently twisting her body in his arms, he turned her side towards him, revealing a large area of scar tissue just below her last rib, running around her side and reaching her spine in the center of her back.

“An iron.”

Her whisper brought him out of the haze of emotions milling through his heart and he looked up to meet her sad eyes.

“It was ironic really. It was one of the few times he actually decided to iron himself…”

“He did this to you?” His voice was strained and low, anger tightening his throat with suffocating magnitude.

She nodded, intent on looking into his eyes, afraid of what might happen if she looked away. She needed to see his reaction. Needed to see all of it. Because even if she knew how deeply he loved her and that he was always looking out for her, she needed to see his reactions to the scars on her body. She needed to see if he would find her ugly. If anything in his eyes would confirm the last lingering trails of insecurity in her heart. Insecurities very similar to any girl’s:

Not being good enough, not being pretty enough. The only difference was that hers were magnified by clear visible signs marring her body.

But she saw nothing of what she feared in his eyes. No disgust. Just anger. And she knew who that anger was directed at.

“Remember that awful biology final we had? Last year?”

He nodded and she continued, “I was so focused on my studying that I forgot to make dinner. I didn’t realize until I went into the kitchen to get a glass of water and my father was there ironing his shirt.”
Max wanted to stop her. He didn’t want her to feel like she had to relive this just to give him an explanation.

But something in her eyes, something about the way she was searching his face, told him that she needed to say this. Needed to tell him about one of the incidences that had scarred her body and mind for life.

“He never even gave me a hint that he was angry. I walked pass him on my way out of the kitchen and he turns and presses the hot iron against my back…”
Her eyes drifted closed as she momentarily relived the memory, remembering the pain of the heated iron dissolving the skin layers.

“Lizzie…” Max tried but she shook her head, opened her eyes and took a deep breath.

“I wanted to go to the doctor. I was so afraid that it would get infected.” A bitter laugh escaped her lips and the remnant of a tear slid down her cheek. “But I was even more afraid of my father finding out that I had visited the doctor. So I didn’t go. Luckily it didn’t get infected.”

Even though he understood her reasons for her actions in the past, Max couldn’t help but say, “You should have come to me. I would have helped you.”

She smiled softly, bringing her hand up to cradle his cheek. “I know. And you did. Later. But I couldn’t tell you. You would have wanted to know how it happened. I don’t think you would have believed me if I said that I fell on top of the iron, would you?”

“Probably not.”

She sighed. “And I would never be okay with lying to you. I mean, of course I’ve been lying to you, but I was always telling myself that it was more like leaving out information. I never wanted to make up elaborate lies…”

He looked at her sadly. “You should have. At least then I could’ve helped you without you being afraid.”

She shook her head. “It wouldn’t have worked.” She smiled sadly. “You’re too smart, Max Evans. After I would have come to you for the fiftieth time, you would’ve either declared me the biggest klutz in the world or you would have known that something was going on. It was too dangerous.”

“I was wondering about that, you know? Why you always had all of those bruises on your arms. I guess I never really wanted to believe that it would be anything else than what you told us. I actually thought you were the biggest klutz.”

Liz smiled and silence draped over them as her fingers moved across the skin of his cheek. “Don’t feel guilty, okay? I perfected the art of lying. I didn’t want you to know and I worked really hard for it to stay that way.”

He captured her hand in his and turned her palm against his lips, placing a kiss against the softness of her skin, but Liz could see in his eyes that he was blaming himself. Maybe she would never be able to convince him of otherwise, but she promised herself that she would never stop trying.

“You’re beautiful,” he whispered solemnly. “You’re absolutely perfect.”

She swallowed back tears and gave him a radiant smile.

A shiver went through her as the chill of the surrounding air made itself known. He smiled and winked at her, making her toes tingle.

“Now, where were we?”

“Jeans need to come off,” she stated.

He nodded seriously. “Right.”

He took a hold of her hands, lacing their fingers together, his eyes locked with hers as he once again placed her hands on the top of her hips, against the fabric of her underwear.

“Hold on.”

She frowned, a smile playing in her eyes. “Okay…”

Max proceeded to place his hands on top of Liz’s, palm against knuckles and started sliding his skin across hers as he moved his hands downwards, pushing the jeans downwards. Liz closed her eyes as his palms left her hands and met with the skin of her upper thighs. While watching her intently, absorbing all the emotions playing across her face, Max tried to control his own emotions as he pushed his hands between her damp chilled skin and the almost adhesive material.

His fingertips brushed the curve of her bottom, making Liz chest rise in a sharp intake of air and remain immobile as she forgot to take the next breath, engrossed in the sensation of Max’s hands moving more fully across the soft curve of her butt. Lightly squeezing the flesh in his hands, he pushed her up against him, making her eyes fling open with a gasp only to be faced with a smiling Max.

His lips whispered across hers and he murmured, “Breathe.”

“You’re making it…” she sighed as his hands travelled further downwards to the top of the back of her thighs. “…really…really difficult.”

He took a deep breath to calm his own raging emotions, while casually responding, “This is the best way to remove wet jeans.”

She laughed, a breathless, stuttering laugh, making his heart clench and he couldn’t help but respond with a smile.

“I’m sure it is,” she whispered, holding onto her underwear to stop them from sliding down as Max had instructed her too, but thinking that if the underwear would accidently be removed with the jeans, it wouldn’t be the end of the world.

She didn’t feel like informing him that standing this close to each other couldn’t possibly help to remove jeans, because she kind of liked the heat of his body streaming into hers and the feeling of his ever hardening desire growing against her. She took a deep shaky breath as Max’s hands moved across the width of her thighs to the front. Was it possible to die from emotional overload?

“Are you holding on?” he asked, a seductive twinkle in his eyes.

“Holding on,” Liz answered obediently.

With an almost imperceptible nod, he dropped to his knees in front of her, burying his face into her stomach.

“Max…” she whispered, her hands itching to move from their position and caress the top of his head.

The roughness of a day’s old stubble on his cheek brushed against her skin, making her heart rate increase as the feeling bordered between mild pain and tantalizing passion. Her fingers gripped the thin material of her underwear, squeezing it in her palms, as he lifted his head to drag his lips down her stomach.

She waited in anticipation as his lips paused at the border of her skin and her panties and she could feel his eyes caressing her closed eyelids in unspoken question. He must’ve found his answer in her rapid breathing and flustered cheeks, because within seconds his lips were feathering across the front of her panties, his touch barely there, but still managing to drain her legs of all strength and she would have dropped if Max’s hands on the front of her thighs hadn’t pressed her further into the counter, keeping her upright by squeezing her body between his hard body and the hard counter. And she thoroughly didn’t mind.

He pressed a kiss against the thin fabric covering her, making her dizzy from the sensations he was causing, as she continued to hold her breath. What was he doing to her?

Then he withdrew and air flowed back into her lungs. She looked down at him, breathlessly shaking her head as he, completely absorbed in the sight of her body, studied how his hands would pull down on the wet demin, revealing inch after inch of more skin to his hungry eyes.

“You’re a tease, Max Evans,” Liz said.

He snapped his eyes up to her and she shivered at the heated expression of desire in his eyes.

“Patience, baby.”

Not knowing what to say, she simply nodded, drinking in the hunger on his face still unable to fathom that the all those emotions were because of her.

His hands travelled further along her thighs, bunching the material up around her knees. And that’s when the progress stopped.

“Hmm…” he said.

“What?” she breathed.

He looked up at her. “We have a problem.”

“What?” she asked again, transfixed by the sight of his lips. It had been too long. She needed to taste him again.

“I can’t get them off.”

“Which ones?” she asked, tracing the soft curve of his upper lip with her eyes as she unconsciously licked her own.

He chuckled. “Your jeans, Lizzie.”

That brought her out of it and she smiled, meeting his eyes. “Ohh, those. Hmm…yes, that is a problem.”

Max nodded gravely. “I think so.”

He rose to his feet, his face coming level with hers and she licked her lips again as she felt his breath against her lips.

“But… I have an idea,” Max said softly.

“You do?” Liz asked, mocking surprise.

He brushed a wet strand of hair off her forehead and nodded. “Yes.”

She leaned forward and tasted his lips. Pulling back, she purred, “Mmm…”

He raised an eyebrow with a half-crooked smile. “Mmm?”

She smiled. “Delicious.”

“I try.”

She put her arms around his neck, sifting her fingers through the hair at the nape of his neck and lightly brushed her lips against his again.

“What’s your idea?” she asked between small kisses.

His hands brushed against the outside of her breasts and she gasped. But he was only passing through, taking a firm hold underneath her arms, the heels of his hands nevertheless pressing firmly against the sides of her breasts. She swallowed and held his eyes. He kissed the tip of her nose. An act so sweet in the midst of the passion coursing through her, that she had to smile at him.

She gave a surprised yelp as she shortly thereafter was lifted off her feet, her butt positioned on the counter. She watched him closely as he moved away from her, feeling the absence of his body acutely. He took a hold of the edges of the legs of her jeans and letting his eyes travel up and down her body, making her flustered with the intensity of his gaze, he started pulling on the jeans.

They still wouldn’t budge, so he slid his hands up the inside of the legs, trying to straighten the area where the jeans were bunched up around her knees. Liz’s hands squeezed the edge of the counter hard, trying to prevent herself from sliding off the counter into a pile of goo.

With a casual shrug of his shoulders, Max removed his hands and took a hold of the edge of the pants again.

“You might want to hold on,” he advised.

“Uhm…okay.” Her hands couldn’t possible hold onto the counter any tighter then they already were.

He strongly tugged on the jeans making Liz slid off the counter with a giggle as Max stumbled backwards.

“I told you to hold on,” he said trying his best not to kiss her silly as she, still laughing, climbed back onto the counter.

I was!” she protested between giggles.

He stepped up to her, looking at her sternly. “Okay, you’re gonna hold on now?”

She donned a serious expression and saluted him. “Yes, sir!”

He smirked. “Cute.”

She bent forward and quickly licked his lips. Max stared at her in surprised shock as she pulled back, laughter making her eyes twinkle.

“Watch it, Parker,” Max warned, feeling certain parts of him tightening. He wanted her so much right now.

“Come on, big bad boy,” Liz said, pouting with her lips, “You can do it.”

He raised an incredulous eyebrow. “’Big bad boy’?”

She smiled sweetly at him, and dragged a finger nail down his bicep. “Oh yes… I felt him before.”

Max’s eyes widened at her bluntness, while his cheeks flustered.

“Aw, he’s blushing,” Liz cooed, trying to catch his lips again. But he moved away this time, looking at her with barely contained desire.

“These pants are coming off now!”

She laughed. “Is that a threat or a promise?”

Without a word, he pulled her hands down to the edge of the counter, draping her fingers across the edge and then stepped back and took a firm hold of her jeans.

With one strong thug, the jeans were pulled off her legs, causing Max to stumble backwards, hitting the refrigerator. With Liz’s laughter surrounding him, things started to rain down on him from above.

“What the hell?” he exclaimed.

As Liz hopped off the counter, Max started to pick up the constituents of the rain.

Holding one up in front of Liz, he asked in disbelief, “Cookies?”

“There’s an explanation for that…” Liz started.

“Why are there cookies on top of your refrigerator?” Max interrupted.

“So I can’t eat them,” Liz answered.

She stepped closer to him and watched as he licked his lips, noticing that he had indeed succeeded in removing her pants this time. “That doesn’t make any sense.”

She shrugged, an action that had Max eyes focus on the delicate lines of her shoulders, collarbones and traveling further south…

“If they are up there I have to put more effort into getting to them. I have to pull out a chair, climb and everything. So because of that, I’m less likely to eat them and they’ll last longer.”

She smiled as she saw that he wasn’t really looking at her face any longer, his eyes travelling rapidly across her half-naked body. “You have no idea what I just said, do you?”

“Okay, that sounds reasonable,” Max mumbled, clearly not paying any attention.

She stepped closer to him, placing her hands on his hips. “You just want me for my body, right?”

He nodded, his eyes etched on the swell of her breasts. “That sounds great.”

She bit her bottom lip to stop herself from laughing and pushed her hands up inside his shirt. He was seriously over-dressed.

“Max?”

“Uh-huh?” Max said, finally meeting her eyes.

“I think you’re wearing too many clothes.”

He nodded solemnly. “Yes, definitely.”

She matched his nod, her fingers trembling as she moved them across his skin underneath his shirt, feeling his muscle rippled beneath her touch. “We should rectify that.”

He continued nodding, his face getting closer to hers. “Soon.”

She nodded along, “Very soon.”

Their lips crashed together, tasting, sucking, nibbling, caressing, as their hands moved into unexplored territories. They put in a real team-effort into removing Max’s clothes, alternating between article removal and hungry kisses. When everything except his boxers had been removed, Max lifted Liz off her feet and she readily wrapped her legs around his waist.

“Bedroom,” she said shortly.

He nodded, his lips engulfing her neck. “Bedroom. Good.”

TBC…

Had to stop it here due to length, but it will continue in the next chapter. Promise :wink:
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

Hello!

I'm so sorry for the wait. I have problems with writing these kind of chapters, so it was taking me some time. But I'm hoping that you'll like it, because this is as explicit as I've ever been.

First of all, though, big THANK YOU to

LairaBehr4
sprayadhesive
Rowedog
Natalie36
clueless
behr_able
begonia9508
aussietrueblue
cassie
Emz80m
Natz
bigears
Alien614
Elizabeth
- As always, thank you!

Chapter 29

The mattress dipped as Max and Liz fell onto it in a tangled mess of limbs. The presence of the bed worked as a switch; changing their frenzied motions to slow and tender, if only for a short while. Max brushed a strand of hair away from her face, placing a lingering kiss on her cheek, just below her eye.

She could feel the heat generated from his body as he pressed her into the mattress, his lips travelling across her skin. Careful not to miss a single millimeter.

“Max,” she gasped as his warm mouth enclosed her nipple through the thin lacy material of her bra.

His touch sent ripples through her system, causing her body to arch greedily towards him, desperate to feel more. Her motion made more of her soft flesh press into his mouth and Max groaned which caused vibrations to course through her nipples, enticing her nerve endings. She was fisting the sheet convulsively unsure if the she could contain the powerful emotions ripping through her inexperienced body.

Max seemed to suffer from the same syndrome, his breathing harsh and shallow and his body growing damp against hers. His hands brushed down the sides of her abdomen as his attention was completely focused on her breast.

Liz trembled, sure now that he had no idea of what he was doing to her. Was it possibly to spontaneously combust just from someone touching you?

Then, with a dark heated look, Max pushed the cup enclosing her breast upwards and Liz was sure that she had gotten her precious question answered.

But just as soon as he had done so, his mouth left hers and she gasped in the absence of his touch.

His mouth hanging open, he gazed down at her and smiled lovingly as she opened her eyes to meet his. And before she could even consider returning his smile, he left her field of vision. Her nerve endings tingled as his body brushed down hers, leaving her skin hot and impatient in anticipation until she felt his fingers brush the underside of her feet. Normally, she might have laughed due to her ticklish nature, but her body didn’t consider this a laughing matter.

His fingers were soon replaced by his lips and a mixed moan and sigh escaped her. He kissed the indent of her foot and slowly moved upwards, his heart pounding loudly in his ears as his eyes feasted on the canvas of naked smooth skin that was spread out underneath his lips.

His lips whispered up her leg and lingered in the bend of her knee. Grasping her knee between his hands, he placed a kiss in the middle of her knee cap.

“Max…” she whispered. She needed to see him and her fingers ached to touch him. Ached to feel the hardness of his body that she could feel leaning into her body.

He moved anyway, took a deep breath and grasped one knee cap in each hand to gently nudge her legs apart.

Her chest rose in anticipation and she exhaled in a throaty moan as he placed his first kiss on the inside of her right thigh, making her sensitive skin tremble with desire.

“Ooh, Max,” she mumbled. “More…more…”

She wasn’t really sure what she was asking for. But whatever it was, she wanted more of it. And soon. His mouth was open as he brushed his lips along the soft skin of her thigh, drawing closer towards the junction of her legs, his tongue snaking out on occasion to more fully taste her sweet skin. She cried out in desperate wanton as he nipped her skin, just next to the lining of her panties. He took a hold of her hips, keeping her steady, or maybe attempting to direct her body into the sensual touch of his fingers or the wet caress of his lips.

Her breathing was unsteady and rapid as he ran his tongue along the line of her panties, before he pulled up her body, placing open-mouthed kisses along the way.

Capturing her mouth, their lips and tongues dueled with passionate wetness. But he didn’t stay for long. Sliding his lips down her chin, he moved around the delicate line of her throat.

Raining kisses across her collarbone, while grasping her shoulders in his hands, he directed her beckoning skin into his welcoming mouth. His fingertips pressed into her shoulder blades, causing her breasts to brush up against his upper body. Licking his way across her collarbone to the hollow at the base of her throat, his eyes travelled south to the breast that was barely covered by the lacy red bra.

God, how he loved her in red. Especially lacy red. Very transparent lacy red.

The vision of one of her breasts outside of the cup and the nipple of the other visible just outside the cup of the other breast was one of the most erotic sights he had ever seen. There was nothing that could stop him from bringing his hungry mouth to the soft mound of her breast.

As his hands moved around her back, caressing and kneading, his fingers found the metallic clasp of her bra. His breath was hard and moist between her breasts as he rested his lips against her skin while concentrating on unclasping the material that was preventing him from touching her to the degree he was aching to. Finally, he felt the material give way under his inexperienced fingers and he raised his head to witness her creamy breasts come into view.

The bra ended up on the floor as Max stared breathlessly at the flesh that was moving up and down in front of him, the centers adored with chocolate brown nipples.

“Max,” Liz whispered, her breath shallow and strained. She looked up at him through semi-closed eyelids, wondering why he had stopped.

When she followed the direction of his heated gaze, a tremble of smoldering desire coursed through her, causing goose bumps to spread across the vast expanse of her body.

His eyes shifted up to hers and her breath got stuck in her throat.

“You’re beautiful,” he whispered. “You’re so beautiful.”

She swallowed, the love so visible in his gaze almost too much for her to bear.

“So beautiful,” he repeated reverently as he lowered his head to one of her dark nipples. She gasped in surprise as his lips latched onto her hard flesh, her upper body arching into his.

She dipped her hands into his dark hair, pulling his head more firmly against her. “Oh God.”

Max was in heaven. He had lost count on how many times he had fantasized about this during the last couple of years. But the fantasies had always been somewhat wrong, because she had been his best friend. He never thought that he would be able to give into those fantasies.

But there was nothing, absolutely nothing, that felt wrong about tasting and touching her body. She was perfection. Utterly beautiful. She had chosen him and he was going to do everything in his power to prove to her that she had made the right choice.

“So good,” he moaned around a mouthful of nipple and she shivered as the vibrations of his voice coursed through her breast.

Regretfully, he pulled away from her nipple. There was so much left to see, so much left to taste. His bottom lip dragged a trail of wetness against her skin as he made his way on the underside of her breast, towards the middle of her chest. Liz’s hands had begun to touch his back restlessly and she was rubbing her legs together, trying to decrease the tingling want so that she could regain some control. But Max seemed intent on doing everything in his power to make her lose control.

Max proceeded with his adoration of her body by placing open-mouthed kisses down the middle of her abdomen, only stopping to bury his tongue in her bellybutton, before he reached the barrier that was her panties. He hesitated merely for a second before hooking his index fingers into the top lining of the material and pulling it down an inch, revealing the top of her dark curls.

Liz moaned, the moan dark and low, and his eyes flickered up to her face, finding her watching him intently. She met his dark eyes and all nervousness about if she would be good enough, be attractive enough, evaporated.

She licked her lips in anticipation, the moment still and silent as they stared at each other. Max’s gaze moved to watch her tongue move to wet her red full lips and he groaned, feeling himself tighten even more. His groan broke their staring and he looked down at the paradise at his fingertips. His fingers were trembling now as he pulled the panties down even further, or maybe it was her skin that was trembling underneath his fingertips.

His actions revealed more and more of her lower lips to him, and he found them glistening with desire. He might have stopped breathing, he wouldn’t know because he couldn’t focus on anything except the naked sight of her. He swallowed deeply, his mouth suddenly seeming very dry, and pulled the panties down the rest of the length of her legs and hastily discarded them onto the floor so that he could get back to the important parts.

Coming back up, he found her hands gravitating towards her sex, in an obvious attempt to shield herself. He caught her hands in his and, under her watchful eyes, pressed a kiss to each trembling fist.

“You’re perfect, Lizzie,” he whispered. “Don’t hide from me.”

She nodded slowly, finally putting her body into the care of his very capable hands. He gave her a soft smile that made her heart skip a beat in its sensuality, before lowering his eyes to the apex of her thighs. He took a deep breath, breathing in her scent. This was better than any of his fantasies. Way better.

Not being able to resist not touching her any longer, he brought his fingers to her nether lips, smiling as she jumped at the touch, a melting whimper crossing her lips. Transfixed, he moved his fingers through the folds, amazed at the texture, the wetness, but mostly the way her body was withering beneath his touch with his movements. He licked his lips, tempted to taste her.

Before Liz knew what was happening, he had enclosed the bundle of nerves with his lips, causing her to arch up from the bed with a loud whizzing ‘Max’.

Taking note of her reaction, he remained in this area, moving his tongue rather skilled through every fold and gently biting her clitoris between his teeth. With a ‘oh god’ mantra raining around him, elicited from Liz’s breathless being, he inserted a finger into her. He inhaled deeply as he felt her walls contract around his finger and longing for a stronger response, he entered a second finger.

“Max… please…God…” Liz moaned.

So he responded by moving his fingers in stroking movements in and out of her, while his mouth tasted the fruits of her desire. In no time, he felt her walls spasmodically contract around his fingers and she began to tremble beneath the weight of his body. He looked up to see her chest raise from the bed, her neck long and stiff as her head fell backwards, her cheeks flushed, her lips parted and her eyes closed. He knew he had never seen anything more sensual and beautiful in his life.

Feeling her fluids coat his fingers, he bent down to lap it up, while Liz tried to catch her breath. Her body was still trembling and her breathing was harsh in her ears as she laid with her head bent backwards and her eyes closed, feeling his tongue caress her intimately.

She had never felt anything like that before. She feared that she might have come loose at the seams and disintegrated into molecules because she felt so light, so relaxed. Her body was tingling all over, her nerve endings still actively reporting the event to the brain. And if possible, she could feel the beginning of the same build up starting in the centre of her being as Max was still moving his tongue over her. She felt herself land, her body taking on a more solid sensation again as she sank down into the mattress, trying to grab hold of some oxygen.

Max moved up her body, his skin, his nipples, everything that was him brushing against her highly sensitized skin and she opened her eyes.

She felt the largest warmest smile spread over her lips and she whispered breathlessly, “Hi.”

He grinned and she felt the desire tightening its hold on her even more. “Hello there.”

She angled her head upwards and tasted his lips, tasting herself on him. “Where did you learn to do that?”

“I didn’t,” he said, his voice low and husky.

She raised an eyebrow in amusement. “Self-taught?”

“I was inspired,” he answered and she took a deep strained breath as his gaze turned darker as it raked across her facial features.

He brushed a strand of hair off her damp forehead and whispered gently, “You are magnificent.”

She smiled. “You’ve already got me into bed, Max Evans. You can stop the smooth talk now.”

Faking realization, he nodded. “Oh, right. Yes.”

She giggled, wrapping her arms around his shoulders to pull him down for another kiss. The kiss quickly turned passionate, hard and demanding and she wrapped her legs around his waist, making him groan into her mouth as sex came into close contact with his lower abdomen.

She could feel the tip of his erection against her nether lips, making her gasp at the sensation, and she realized that he was still wearing his boxers. She would have to change that. Quickly.

Her movements were so quick that he was taken fully by surprise and was easy to get onto his back even though he was much larger than her.

As he was suddenly the one staring up into her face and not the other way around, he smiled, his fingers caressing her cheeks. Her hair cascaded down around her face as she leaned over him and he shivered with pleasure as the tips of her hair feathered across his chest.

“Your turn,” she whispered and he felt his body grow hot at the underlying meanings of her statement.

He was highly aware of the point where her body was in contact with his and as Liz slid further down his abdomen, both of them moaned at the sensation.

She gave him a trembling smile, her body already more than ready to have him again. She looked down at his chest and inhaled deeply. She had always known that he was gorgeous, that his body was nothing short of perfection sculpted by a very talented artist, but seeing it from this view was something completely else.

His muscles were well-defined and sharply outlined against his bronze skin. Her eyes moved to the dark nipples and she unconsciously licked her lips. Her fingers moved across his skin, watching in fascination how his muscles rippled and his skin moved beneath her touch. Fusing her palms against his skin just below his pectorals, she bent over him and swiped her tongue across one nipple, making Max grumble. The texture of his nipple and the feel of it against her tongue had her wanting to taste it more fully, so she enclosed the whole nipple between her lips, sucking on it as her tongue tickled the top.

“Liz…” Max sighed, making her smile against his skin. That she, little Liz Parker, could elicit those enticed sounds from someone.

“You’re gorgeous,” she said softly as she paused to look him over again. Her eyes could not be sated.

Max reached up to cradle her cheek in his hand, murmuring, “That’s my line, baby.”

She winked. “But the line suits you.”

His chuckle ended in a groan as she bent down and captured his lips with hers. The kiss was languid, but heated, leaving them panting in its wake as Liz pulled back. But she couldn’t stay away from tasting him for very long and was soon occupied with placing a trail of warm kisses down the strong line of his jaw, along the side of his throat, pausing to feel the strong pulsation of his blood beneath her lips before moving down across the junction where his neck met his shoulder.

She was amazed by how he could feel soft and hard at the same time; his skin so soft but the muscles beneath so firm. A shiver raced through her at the sensation; the combination of something so soft and something so hard seeming oddly masculine to her.

“Liz...” Max whispered and the indention of his voice had her looking up at him, her bottom lip still attached to his skin forcing him to swallow before being able to continue. “I can’t…”

A second of insecurity flickered through her eyes, but then she smiled. “Can’t what?”

“Lizzie…” He sighed. “The things you’re doing to me…”

This caused her to laugh softly and ask innocently, “Whatever do you mean?”

“I need you now,” he almost barked.

A mischievous twinkle glimmered in her eyes and she licked her lips, thinking that Max indeed had a point. “I’m not sure I fully understand.”

Looking at her helplessly, the heat pulsating through his body and the desire blurring his vision, he missed the teasing so visible in her facial features.

“God, Liz. I can’t…” he groaned again as Liz moved on top of him, while her lips resumed their adoration of his skin.

He managed to lift his upper body up enough to support himself on his elbows and cradle her head between his hands. He angled her face upwards, forcing her to break contact with his skin. He captured her eyes with his and looked at her intently.

“I want to make love to you.”

Her breath hitched and her nod was barely there, but noticeable enough to Max. With a surprised yelp, Liz had ended up underneath Max’s body and he looked down at her hungrily as his hands stroke her hair away from her face. He melted their lips together, their tongues tasting and moving against each other as hands took their own course in exploring the other’s body.

He pulled back just far enough to be able to form words and whispered into her mouth, “I can’t wait, Liz. I need to be inside you.”

A flush of heat moved through her and she whispered softly, “Okay.”

He kissed her shortly, before moving down her body, placing sporadic kisses along her abdomen. He started to remove his boxers, but her hands on his stopped him.

He looked up at her in slight confusion and sat back on his heels as she moved up into sitting position.

“Let me,” Liz said and gently removed his hands from the material.

He watched her face as she pulled the boxers down his hips, down his thighs and her chest rose and fell rapidly as he came into view, full and proud. Licking her lips, she brought her index finger to his hard flesh.

“Liz,” he moaned as he twitched at her touch.

She couldn’t help but notice how big he was. Would he fit her?

“You…I…” she stuttered between gasping breaths. Her whole body was pounding with want. She had never wanted anything as badly in her life as she wanted Max inside of her right that second.

Her small hand enclosed him fully, entranced by how he could be so soft yet hard at the same time. Much the same way as the rest of his body, but in a completely different way.

Max moaned deeply. “Lizzie…”

He didn’t know if he wanted her to stop or continue. But he knew that the combination of seeing the desire playing across her facial features and feeling her hand moving up and down his shaft would send him over the edge very soon. And he wanted to be with her, inside of her, when that happened.

“Do you have protection?” Liz asked, looking up at him.

“Yes,” he groaned and put his hand on top of hers. “Sweetie, you have to stop.”

“Stop?” she asked in a small voice.

He blinked and managed to smile at her. “I won’t last long if you continue doing that.”

Catching onto his meaning, she bit her lower lip causing his heart to skip a beat, and she removed her hand. Already missing her touch, Max hurried to roll off the bed and rushed out the room, into the kitchen, where his pants had earlier been discarded on the floor. Fumbling through the pockets, he found his wallet and the condom he had there.

Running back, he paused in the doorway at the sight of Liz sitting in the middle of the bed, naked, with her hair spread out across her shoulders and her skin glistening in the humble light.

He quickly made his way over to the bed and threaded a hand through her hair, pressing her lips against his.

“Beautiful…” he murmured between kisses, “so…beautiful.”

He pulled back, his hands shaking with urgency as he opened the package. Her hands once again stopped him.

“Can I?”

He looked up at her and nodded.

Taking the package out of his hands, she fumbled slightly to pull it open and took a deep breath before pulling it down his shaft.

His hands skimmed up her shoulders, feathered up her neck and cradled her jaw and lowered her to the mattress, while settling on top of her body, positioning himself between her warm slender thighs. She whimpered as the tip of his erection touched her wet folds.

“You’re sure?” he asked breathlessly.

“Take me,” she whispered breathlessly.

Her words caused a shiver to run through him and he began to slowly push into her. She moaned as he gradually stretched her walls and he watched her face carefully, looking for any signs of discomfort.

Reaching a constriction, he kissed her softly and gently said, “Baby, this is gonna hurt.”

She nodded. “Do it quick.”

He kissed her again, sucking her bottom lip between his lips and then he pushed into her hard, rupturing her barrier. His mouth drank her cry of pain and while he stilled his movements inside of her, he kissed her eyelids, her nose, her forehead, and her cheeks.

It didn’t take long until her heels on his ass urged him to move. She winced at the first movements, but as the movements got faster the pain seemed to ebb close to nothingness as pleasure took over. The friction was amazing and Liz used her arms to hug him closer, wanting to feel every part of his body move against hers.

They alternated in raining kisses over each other as their bodies moved together. Even though their movements in the beginning were somewhat awkward and not the most synchronized, they soon became familiar with the rhythm of their desire and were moving together faster and faster to reach the final point.

The closer they got, the more Liz found herself feeling that something wasn’t right. He was going too slow. She needed more of him.

“Faster. Max… faster.”

“What?” he asked breathlessly, scraping his teeth around her nipple. His body was trembling with the efforts of going slow.

“More…” she gasped. “Faster.”

“Oh,” he breathed heavily. “You…got…it.”

He picked up his pace, his more forceful movements causing Liz to slide beneath him, the top of her head impacting with the head of the bed. She anchored her legs more firmly around him, changing the angle of penetration slightly, feeling him deeper within her, and her hands flew up above her head to stop the movements of her body.

He brushed along her upper arms, up her elbow, along her under arms and entwined his fingers with hers. She could feel the heat deep inside her abdomen, could feel the tingling making her toes curl and the heat making her body tremble.

“Max…” she gasped. “Max…”

Her cries got more incessant, louder, the closer she got. Her exclamations had Max move even faster inside of her and soon he felt her walls clamp around him, her legs tighten around his hips and her breast arch up into his chest. With his name on her lips she came and after some more movements he did too.

He collapsed on top of her, their bodies sleek with sweat as they lay motionless for a minute to catch their breaths.

“Wow,” Liz whispered.

Max buried his face in her neck and murmured, “You can say that again.”

A delirious smile spread across Liz’s lips. “Wow.”

He lifted up onto his elbows, and stroke some damp strands of hair away from her face. Looking down at her in concern, he asked softly, “Are you okay?”

She smiled. “Don’t I look okay?”

He grinned. “You look more than okay.”

She started playing with the hair at the back of his neck, saying, “That was amazing, Max.”

“Yeah…” he agreed. “We should do it again some time.”

She laughed, the sound warmly surrounding them in the silent apartment and he kissed her forehead softly.

“We’d better,” she answered. “You won’t get rid of me now. Not after that. I can’t believe I let you convince me to wait.”

She was only joking, because she knew that she hadn’t been ready for this before. If they’d had sex earlier, they probably wouldn’t have had this moment right now; where they could be completely comfortable with each other as they were still bathing in the glow from their lovemaking.

“To be honest: Me neither.”

She laughed again and pulled his head down for a kiss.

“I love you,” she whispered against his lips. “So much.”

“Ditto.”

She pulled away from him, pensively playing with his ear. “I need you to say it.”

He removed her hand from his ear and pulled it to his chest, right over his heart. Catching her eyes, he looked at her seriously. “I love you, Liz Parker. I’ve always loved you.”

She sniffed and smiled. “That’s better.”

She brushed a traitorous tear away from her eye with the back of her hand. Why did she have to cry now?

“You okay?” he asked softly.

She nodded. “Uh-huh.”

“Does it hurt?”

He was referring to the fact that their first time had caused her to bleed.

“I’ll probably be a bit sore tomorrow, but I’ll be fine,” Liz answered. “Just give me some chocolate and I’ll get over it.”

“Don’t worry,” Max promised. “I’ll give you lots and lots of TLC.”

“Yeah…that sounds great,” Liz sighed.

With a soft kiss, he pulled out of her and shifted off her. But she stopped him from rolling away completely.

“Stay.”

He looked at her almost incredulously. “Of course I’ll stay.”

She took a hold of his arm and draped it across her waist. “No, stay here. Close. I love to feel your weight on me.”

He nodded, grateful, because he had only moved away because he thought he was too heavy. If it had been up to him, he would’ve remained buried inside of her.

He curled up against her, his muscular thigh draped across hers and his head resting between her breasts. She sighed in contentment, and with one hand buried in his hair and one planted firmly on his shoulder blade, she feel asleep.

TBC...

--------------

Only two chapters left...
Last edited by max and liz believer on Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

Hey guys,

you know that you brighten my life, right? Thank you so much for the comments and encouragement (my self-esteem is kinda low when it comes to writing sex scenes). So thank you for the nice words :D You know who you are, but I'll put you here anyway;

LairaBehr4
begonia9508
clueless
dreamerbabylioness
Rowedog
Natz
Alien614
sprayadhesive
bigears

Elizabeth, *muah* thanks for editing!

Chapter 30

“Liz?”

Her skin immediately dressed in goose bumps, as if her body knew his voice intimately after the long night of hot, amazing mind-blowing sex they had just had.

Her body ached in that oddly comfortable sated way, having used muscles that she never had used before. Repeatedly. As the darkness of the night gave away to the entry of the new day, and the morning quickly ticked into noon, their hunger had forced them to take a break in their activities.

Max had gone out to buy breakfast and Liz had walked aimlessly around the apartment, trying to get accustomed to the new feeling that was nestled in her body. A feeling of contentment where she was still tingling with the fresh memories of Max’s hands running all over her skin. Her reflection in the full-sized mirror stopped her in her steps and she found herself watch as her index finger traced her swollen lips. She wasn’t sure if she recognized the woman in front of her. She looked so…

Happy

Almost like she was glowing. Bringing her hand down to the top button of the shirt Max had been wearing yesterday as he came to let her into her apartment and then proceeded to change their lives, she slowly unbuttoned it, only to unbutton the next one below that and the next one after that until she was standing naked in front of the mirror.

She had done this before. When she was 14 and her father's words have had a larger effect on her than ever. She had been crying then, tracing her naked body with disapproving eyes. Seeing her body through her father’s eyes as her mind checked off all the imperfections.

Standing there now, just a few years later, her fingers came to touch her still sensitive breasts, remembering how she had thought of them as too small. Remembering being informed by gossiping classmates that guys preferred girls with large breasts.

But Max had said that they were perfect last night. She had even giggled when he marveled, during about their third time, had said that they fit perfectly in his hands.

Her hands skimmed down her stomach, to her abdomen, making a slight trip to the left where her scar was. That scar was the largest to mar her body, but not the only one.

Max had kissed her scar and told her that she was beautiful.

Her hands moved to her hips, which she recalled having thought were too slim – almost boyish – as she was younger. She could now see that the years had been good to her as they now flared out in a smooth curve, in the process defining her tiny waist.

She could still feel his hands on her hips, steadying her as he moved fast inside of her.

Then there were small things. Like the scar above her eyes, which Max told her that he had always loved while he kissed it gently. The many brown spots covering her body, her birth marks, which Max had each kissed. The skin surrounding some of them was red and swollen, from Max’s special attention to just those birth marks. The scar on her upper arm. The scar just above her hip bone. The shape of her toes, which he had adored by sucking each one of them into his mouth.

She swallowed, the mere memories of what he had done to her body making her need him again and she sighed, buttoning the shirt up again before walking around the apartment some more. She was almost jumping out of her skin with restlessness. He had barely been gone five minutes and still she was missing him like crazy.

So she had decided to try and play on the Playstation to keep her mind from going places she couldn’t afford it to go when she couldn’t do anything about it without Max around.

That’s where she was when he ten minutes later walked through the door, calling out her name. That’s how she remained after having answered ‘over here’ and trying to not let him know that she was ready to forget all about food and beg him to take her to bed and have hot animal sex with her.

But she forced herself to stay calm, to stay in her place, because she wanted to see what he would do. She was, after all, wearing nothing but his shirt while sitting crossed-legged on the floor working the controller like a Goddess.

She jumped as she felt his breath against her ear. She hadn’t even heard him getting closer. “You’re not playing Sonic, are you?”

“You got a problem with that?” she asked, her tone slightly seductive.

She bit her bottom lip as his hands crept around her waist and she felt his rock hard body press against her back. She bit back a moan as he sucked her earlobe into his mouth, but her fingers betrayed her emotions as she trembled, making the blue hedgehog fall off a cliff.

Max glanced up from Liz’s skin, grinning, as he heard the unmistakable sound of Sonic losing one life. He pulled on the shirt to reveal the top of her shoulder blade, smiling as he heard her quickly pressing the buttons, probably hoping to get back into the game before Max would notice that she had been affected by his ministrations.

He placed kisses along her shoulder blade, while between kisses whispering; “You know, you can’t beat Michael on that. He might try to fool you to think that he’s only playing ‘Battlefield’, but I should warn you that his closet desire is that hedgehog.”

Liz smiled. “I’m not far away from beating his record.”

His hands snaked around her waist again, fingering on the buttons, as he lips continued to trail across the skin of her upper back.

“He won’t be too happy to hear that.”

His hands trailed inside the shirt, between the two buttons in the middle that he had just managed to unbutton, and his thumb brushed the underside of her breast. The tune of Sonic dying yet again reached his ears.

“I’m not distracting you, am I?” he asked coyly.

She snorted. A snort fairly breathless in Max’s ears, but he let her believe she was fooling him. For the moment.

“Nothing can distract me from this.”

Knowing a challenge when he saw it, he raised his eyebrows even though she couldn’t see his face. “Really?”

Her voice slightly trembled as she answered, his fingers travelling up the softness of her breast probably having something to do with it. “Y-yes.”

“Oh…okay,” he said coolly and abruptly pulled his hands away from her.

Her body slightly swayed with the lack of the hard body that she had unconsciously been pressing into behind her and she had to strain to prevent herself from loudly protesting at the loss. Forcing her concentration back on the game, she could hear him shuffling behind her.

But when she was expecting him to be moving away, she quickly glanced at him in surprise as he sat down next to her. That quick look at him was enough to leave her body tingling with want, and the blue hedgehog falling to a certain death.

Feeling his eyes burning against the side of her face, she heard him say, “Lizzie, if you want to beat Michael, I suggest you try to not die that much.”

“Funny,” she said sarcastically, his annoying statement focusing her attention back on the game, more intent than ever on proving her point. She would not let herself be distracted by him.

She would not-

She tensed as his jeans-clad knee brushed her naked knee.

-be distracted.

She had to muster up every piece of self-control inside of her small body to not make her hands tremble as his fingers starting to slowly slide from her knee, up her thigh.

She would-

His scent filled her nose as he turned his body slightly so that he could scoot closer to her. He had not showered yet. He still smelled like sex.

-not-

Careful not to touch her arms, so that she couldn’t blame that on him for losing the game, he slightly rose onto his knees, so that he could bend over and nuzzle her neck with his nose, place a kiss against her skin and then cover it with an innocent blow of air. Something that made Liz’s toes curl in a not so very innocent response.

-be distracted.

He pulled back, only to push his head and upper body underneath her arms, forcing her to raise her arms to let him through, struggling to hold the control in her hands.

“Max? What are you doing?” she asked, trying to sound irritated through the haze of desire clogging up her system.

With a smile across his face, he grinned up at Liz from his position with his head in her lap, deciding that Liz was beautiful even from this angle. “Nothing. Don’t mind me.”

“Bit difficult,” Liz murmured as she restarted the game, only two lives left.

“Huh? What was that?” Max wondered, as his focus was once again on Liz’s body.

“Nothing,” Liz sang out sweetly, silently cursing him, his hands, his lips, his voice, his…everything…in her mind. It was not fair to go into combat with him. Not fair at all. He was using all the dirty tricks.

She shivered as the cold air hit her body and looked down to find Max staring transfixed at her now naked body, the ends of the now completely unbuttoned shirt flanked along the sides of her body, pushed away by Max’s hands.

She swallowed, knowing the look in Max’s eyes right that moment, even though she couldn’t see his face.

“You’re not wearing…anything…underneath,” Max whispered in amazement.

Liz chuckled and looked up at the game, only to find that she had killed the hedgehog once again. Pressing to restart for the last time, she said, “It’s like you’ve never seen me naked before, Max Evans.”

His eyes travelled up from the dark curls that were already glistening with her desire and confirming what he had already known; Liz wanted him right this second, just as much as he wanted her. His eyes came to a stop at her breasts. And before he could stop himself, one nipple was in his mouth.

He didn’t hear the ‘Game Over’ tune as he suckled the aroused flesh. He was only aware of how Liz arched her body into his, gasping his name. Only aware of her hands tugging on his hair, trying to pull him even closer. His hands moved along the sides of her abdomen, hugging her in his grasp. His mouth was moving down her stomach, emphasizing her shallow and quick breathing in his ears.

Before they really knew how it had happened, Max was also lacking in the clothes department.

There was not a hint of slowness in his movements as he pushed inside of her, once again claiming her as his. One side of her back brushed against the carpet, while the other was painfully pressed up against the second Playstation controller she had abandoned without another thought. But the pain only seemed to highlight the pleasure as he moved forcefully inside of her.

In no matter of time, she was screaming his name and coming apart in his arms while he rained breathless kisses across her face. As they both started to come down from their high, Liz started to laugh softly.

He lifted his head from her chest and looked down into her glittering eyes. “What?”

She shook her head in disbelief. “You’re insatiable, Max Evans!”

He raised an eyebrow. “I’m insatiable?”

She nodded, biting back a moan as his eyes darkened.

“Sweetheart,” Max whispered, moving closer and licking the corner of her mouth sensually with the tip of his tongue. “I wasn’t the one sitting half-naked in front of the TV. You were asking for it.”

Liz gasped in mock horror. “I was so not asking for it! You should learn some self-restraint.”

“Is that so?”

Liz nodded eagerly, which caused Max to look at her incredulously, with a sexy smile travelling across his lips. “From here it looked like you enjoyed it when I lost my self-restraint.”

She sighed, stretched and dragged a toe down the back of his calf. “I certainly did.”

He chuckled and captured her lips again.

“Mmm…what about breakfast?” Liz got out between his kisses.

“Shut up and enjoy, Parker,” Max groaned, pulling her mouth back to his, letting his lips melt her giggle.

<center>------------------------------------------------</center>

Next day

Maria only had to lay one look at Liz to know what had happened since she had last seen her friend. Liz’s greeting smile was light and innocent, which had Maria’s eyes narrow even further. Liz sat down in the booth opposite Maria, briefly wondering why Isabel and Maria were sitting in the same booth. It was no secret that Maria and Isabel were not exactly the best of friends.

“Hey guys. What’s up?”

“You did it,” Maria stated, a strange expression of triumph and excitement twinkling in her green eyes.

Isabel looked up from her fashion magazine, her eyes snapping to Liz’s face with interest. “Did what?”

Liz averted her eyes. Maria couldn’t tell that she had just had sex with Max, could she?

She felt her face grow warm as her thoughts unhindered flashed to the night before, much the same way her thoughts had been doing all morning. She cleared her throat and looked up to meet Maria’s eyes. Maria’s penetrating, knowing gaze made her swallow nervously.

Tucking an invisible strand of hair behind her ear, she asked casually, “What are you talking about?”

“You did, didn’t you? It’s written all over your face.”

Isabel’s gaze frantically flew between Maria and Liz, trying to figure out what the hell was going on. “Did what?!”

The girls ignored the fashion queen, as Liz calmly stated, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Liz might be the queen of all actresses, having to hide her messed up family life to everyone for most of her life, but not even she could hide the explosive feelings flushing her cheeks and putting life in her eyes. Maria couldn’t help herself.

Before either Isabel or Liz were able to catch onto what was happening, Maria was out of the seat with a squeal, throwing her arms around Liz.

You did!!

Isabel stared at the scene wide-eyed, the gossiping little person inside of her aching with impatience. In frustration, she flew up from her seat, breaking out into a, “What are you talking about?!”

“You had sex with Max!” Maria cried, hugging Liz even closer.

Isabel’s face contorted in pain and sounds of disgust started to make themselves over her lips at getting a little bit too much information about her brother than she had ever asked for, “Ew ew ew ew ew…”

With Isabel chanting to regain her sanity in the background, Liz was flushing with embarrassment. “Could you say that a little bit louder, please? I don’t think they heard you in Australia.”

Ignoring her statement, Maria pulled away, looking at her friend with a smile the size of the sun. “Ice cream! We need ice cream!”

She felt the warmth of his presence before she heard his voice.

“We’re having ice cream?”

Maria snapped her eyes to Max as he eased past her, taking a seat next to Liz.

“Max!” she cried out in a knowing voice.

“Hey,” Max said lightly, his eyes already focused on his girlfriend.

He smiled softly at her, almost shyly, making Liz blush. It was amazing how he could still be shy around her after everything they had done the last 24 hours.

“Hi,” he repeated softly to her, before pulling her in for a soft kiss.

Maria looked at them with an aww look on her face not noticing Isabel squeeze past her to go to the toilet. The recent information of her brother’s personal life combined with the display of affection was just too much to take in one go. She needed a break.

“So, where are we going for ice cream?” Max asked, still looking at Liz.

“Not you, lover boy,” Maria said. “This is an ice cream session between Lizzie and me.”

Max looked at Maria. “Oh…okay.” Then he frowned. “Wait. Did you just call me lover boy?”

His eyes flickered across Liz’s face, whispering softly, “Did you tell her?”

“She didn’t have to,” Maria interrupted. “You made my girl glow, Max.”

Even though Liz could feel the embarrassment heat up her own face, she had to smile as she saw Max blush at Maria’s exclamation.

“That’s private, Maria,” Liz said, her eyes on Max.

“I’m just saying, it was about time,” Maria stated.

Max looked over at Maria in surprise.

“You’ve been doing this dance for far too long,” Maria continued and then turned to Liz. “Didn’t I tell you that he wanted you?”

Max’s eyes snapped back to Liz, his mouth falling open. Liz had been discussing…stuff…with Maria?

“Maria…” Liz pleaded.

Maria smiled. “See you later, babe. You owe me some ice cream.”

When she had left, Liz looked at Max apologetically. “Sorry.”

Max shrugged and brushed some invisible strands of hair away from her face. She gazed into his intense eyes as he got closer. And closer. And closer.

He trapped her lips with his, running his tongue across the inside of her lip, his tongue touching hers teasingly. When he pulled back she was panting and having the strongest urge to drag him over to her bedroom again.

“Just wanted to say ‘hi’,” he whispered against her mouth.

“You already did,” she whispered back.

He smiled. “A proper hello.”

Liz placed a gentle kiss on his lips. “Okay.”

TBC...

-------------

One chapter to go...
Last edited by max and liz believer on Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination