Cinderella can kiss my ass!! (Polar / Adult) (Complete)

This is the gallery for the winners of the fanfic awards to show off their fics, and their banners!

Moderators: Itzstacie, Forum Moderators

polar4eva
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by polar4eva »

You are in luck - I have been bad and I have chosen to write over actually doing university work!

The day of the summit had arrived. The Royals had been using their time by practicing the foursquare and learning how to use it properly. Liz was still freezing everybody out. It wasn’t just Michael although he got the worst of it. She refused to speak to Maria, Kyle or Alex too. They were hurt by her rejection but didn’t push her.

Liz had spent her time with the Royal scribes and lawyers trying to put her plan into action. She had a strange sense of power. She knew that the summit was approaching but she persevered relentlessly. She refused to be afraid. This would be the first time she had seen Kivar since his attack.

She knew that he had never intended to kill her, just scare her. It had worked for a while but Liz eventually saw it as a sign of weakness. Kivar obviously needed the information she had so much that he would be willing to walk away from the throne. Not that he needed it.

She had done a lot more digging and had discovered more disturbing facts. She had found more pictures of Kivar’s relatives and the similarity left no room to doubt that the pictures were all of the same man. Kivar was somehow able to come back from the dead or he was immortal.

Every picture had the same eyes, chin, nose and lips. Every line was the same. Every hair was identical. Kivar was a trold. He was an Ancient. What that meant Liz was still unsure of, but she knew that it was important.

The morning of the summit Michael awoke to find himself in an empty bed. His eyes scanned the room until they settled on the silhouette of Liz on the balcony. Breathing a sigh of relief Michael rose and walked out onto the balcony.

“You’re up early.” Michael commented gently.
“It’s an important day.” Liz replied. Her eyes were fixed on the horizon.
“I know that I am your least favourite person at the moment but I need you to stick close to me today.” Michael asked.
“Ok.” Liz replied. She had woken up with a feeling of dread in her stomach. Her feelings of strength and power had left her in the night.

Michael was a little surprised that Liz acquiesced so easily but he let it go. Letting her know that he was going for a shower, Michael walked away but left his eyes on Liz’s form.

Later that day Liz and Michael walked towards the highest tower in the palace. Michael had reasoned that there was only one entrance and exit. He had activated a device to prevent anyone using their powers and had fastened the device to the under side of the table in front of him.

Liz was fidgeting with the sleeve of her dress. Her eyes were cast downwards and she stayed uncharacteristically close to her husband’s side. A servant arrived at the top of the stairs to announce the arrival of Kivar and his entourage. Max nodded at the others and everyone assumed their designated seats. Liz sat to Michael’s left with Isabel on her right. Max had decided to display a united front and the group was seated alien next to human.

The tower was broad and light. The windows provided ample light and the vaulted ceiling added a regal touch to the proceedings. The table in the centre of the room was long and rectangular. Max was seated in the middle facing the door as the others fanned out beside him. It seemed as though they were all holding their breath as Kivar entered the room followed by his entourage.

With a curt nod to Max Kivar took his seat at the table with his four aides sitting beside him. Kivar’s eyes swept over the children at the other side of the table with a twinkle. Silence bounced off of the walls and echoed back into the room. Michael stiffened as he felt Liz place her small hand in his much larger one. Out of the corner of his eye he could see her chewing on her lip. He squeezed her hand tightly and looked across the table.

Something was not right.

“You requested this meeting Kivar, I assumed you had something to say.” Max began. His voice was low and serious but those who knew him heard the slight tremble.
“Naturally.” Kivar replied with a beaming grin. “Vilandra, how nice to see you again.”
“My name is Isabel.” She replied tightly.
“As you wish.” Kivar stated apologetically.
“What do you want?” Michael demanded.
“To negotiate.” Kivar answered with his smile still in place. “War is senseless.”
“Then surrender.” Michael shot back. Liz’s tense posture and cold hand were putting him on edge.
“What is your claim to the throne?” Alex asked.
“Ah. An Earthling.” Kivar stated. “I have been looking so forward to meeting all of you.”
“And why would that be?” Kyle asked.
“I have an interest in foreign cultures.” Kivar replied. “I find it a good quality in a leader to understand differences. Don’t you Max?”
“Yes.” Max replied cautiously. He didn’t want to be drawn into a trap or say something that he could regret later.
“I want the throne.” Kivar stated. “And I have more claim than you do.”
“Oh really?” Tess shot across the table. “How do you figure that?”
“I am Antarian.” Kivar returned. “You are mostly human. I was born here, you were created in a laboratory. I can trace my line back generations, you barely know who you used to be. How can you possibly rule a planet you don’t understand?”
“It is my birth right and our destiny.” Max shot back through gritted teeth.
“No, it was Zan’s birth right. A name you no longer have any real connection to other than a few chromosomes.” Kivar relied coolly.
“So what do you expect?” Max demanded. “That we are just going to roll over and hand you the throne?”
“If I do not get what I want I will not hesitate to put all of you to the sword.” Kivar threatened.

Liz was under no illusion that that comment was not directed at her. Taking a deep breath and removing her hand from Michael’s, Liz looked Kivar straight in the eye.

“Are you ready to discuss the terms of your unconditional surrender?” She asked in a strong and unyielding voice.

All heads at the table turned to her in shock. She ignored them and kept her eyes locked on Kivar. He sat back in his chair and gazed at her with speculation.

“I’m listening.” He stated. His aides started to protest but Kivar silenced them with a wave of his hand.

Liz turned to the door and in perfect Antarian ordered the guard to allow a scribe to pass through. After the guard looked at Max for confirmation, Liz repeated her command in a more forceful tone. The guard complied and allowed a small man on the other side to enter. Liz nodded to the small man who returned the gesture and placed a long piece of parchment in front of Kivar and then retreated to the edges of the room.

“In front of you is a legal document outlining the conditions of your surrender.

You will officially renounce any claim you, or any member of your bloodline, has to the throne of Antar or any of the other planets in this alignment.

You will disband your Army and remove any generals (in a manner that you see fit) who could possibly challenge the authority of Max or Michael.

All of your lands will be turned over to the crown…”

Before she could continue one of Kivar’s aides began shouting across the table.

“You insolent little bitch. How dare you address the true King of Antar?”
“Sit down.” Liz demanded. She looked to Kivar for confirmation and he seconded her order. Turning to the disaffected aide she spoke slowly and powerfully. “I hold all of the cards in this negotiation. I hold the power. The sooner you understand that the easier it will be for you to accept what is going to happen.”
“And in return I get what?” Kivar asked.
“What you want.” Liz replied with a confident expression.
“And I am merely to believe that you have what I want?” Kivar questioned.
“My honour is above reproach.” Liz shot back. “My word can be trusted. At the bottom of the document is a clause that states if you are not entirely happy with the information you are given then the document is null and void. You have nothing to lose.”
“Agreed.” Kivar stated. “A pen please.”

Over the stuttering objections of his aides the scribe handed Kivar a pen. As Kivar perused the document Michael grabbed Liz by the hand and pulled her over to the side of the room.

“What the hell is going on?” He demanded in hushed tones.
“Not all of us have been spending our time so frivolously. I have been working on this for a while and I know what I am doing.” Liz shot back in annoyance.
“How do you know what he wants?” Michael asked.
“He told me.” Liz replied.
“It was him!” Michael stated in shock. It had taken a moment to settle in but Michael suddenly realised why Kivar seemed so familiar. “He tried to kill you and you are working for him?!?”
“I am not working for him I am merely trying to stop the blood shed.” Liz returned matching his hushed tones.
“I don’t believe this.” Michael muttered.

Liz walked away from him and returned to the table just in time to see Max sign the document and have it notarised. Liz stood behind her chair and placed her hands on the backrest.

“The answer.” Kivar asked expectantly.
“I have more than the answer.” Liz replied smugly. “I have the location.”
“The location to what?” Kivar asked uneasily.
“The pathway.” Liz returned. “I know who you are and I have pretty much figured out what it going on.”

Kivar looked up at Liz in awe. The others at the table were highly confused by the interaction between Liz and their enemy.

“Where is it?” Kivar asked in an excited voice.

Just as Liz was about to answer a cold blade pressed against her throat. Her eyes widened as she saw the shocked expressions on everybody’s faces. She didn’t need to turn around to see who her attacker was. The perfume gave it away…
polar4eva
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by polar4eva »

Another add on - hope that it isn't too cliff hanger-y (Hey just made up a new word!)

Everyone in the room froze as their eyes turned towards Liz and her attacker. The steel blade shone brightly at her throat. No-one quite knew what to do or what was going on. Something nagged at Liz at the back of her mind but she couldn’t put her finger on it.

“Alina.” Michael stated trying to calm his voice and dislodge his heart from his throat. “What are you doing? Let her go.”
“Nothing doing.” Alina replied coldly.
“Release her.” Kivar commanded. “Now!”
“You get the answer you want when I get the answers I want.” Alina retorted. “Why is she important to you?”
“The information she has is of value to me.” Kivar replied. “Drop the knife.”
“Information you are willing to give up your claim to the throne for? I don’t think so.” Alina retorted. “After so long what could she possibly have that would be worth that?”
“He never wanted the throne you fuckwit.” Liz ground out hating this woman even more.
“Shut up.” Alina stated as she pulled the knife closer to Liz’s throat. “You know nothing.”
“On the contrary child, she knows a great deal more than you.” Kivar revealed.
“What?” Alina asked. Her poise and confidence stuttered.
“You heard me. She is far more valuable to me than you are. So I suggest for your own safety that you release her now.” Kivar warned her.

Alina took a step backwards and pulled Liz with her. She used the small girl’s form to shield her own. Kivar walked around the table slowly and approached Liz with a blank expression on his face. He locked eyes with Liz and gave her a slight nod of his head.

Kivar raised his hand and the knife flew from Liz’s throat into his open palm. Alina gasped in shock and stepped backwards releasing Liz. Kivar stepped forwards and grabbed Liz’s wrist pulling her out of the way. He dropped the knife in his hand and raised his palm to Alina. A blast of energy erupted from his hand.

A look of distraught confusion washed over her face before a scream pierced the air. Alina fell to her knees in agony as smoke began to rise from her body. Kivar turned his hand to the other people occupying the room and forced them back with a swipe of his hands. As the others hit the wall on the far side of the room Kivar grabbed Liz again and pulled her through the doors and down the stairs into the main palace building.

Liz struggled to keep up with Kivar as he ploughed through the corridors. Liz wrenched her hand free and refused to continue going.

“What the hell?” Liz asked through ragged pants.
“Tell me the answer!” Kivar demanded.
“Did you send Alina here?” Liz shot back. “Did you send her to…”
“No, that was her own doing.” Kivar replied. “It was her intention to regain her honour.”
“Her honour?” Liz cried out. “She found her honour by screwing my husband?”
“No, she further dishonoured herself.” Kivar answered. “She tried to secure a link to the throne by combining our bloodline with that of a Royal.”
“She wanted a child?” Liz thought in disgust.
“Mind warping was one of her powers.” Kivar revealed.
“He didn’t know?” Liz gasped. “He didn’t know what he was doing?”

Liz fell to the ground in horror. Tears streamed down from her unblinking eyes. All of her anger that had been aimed towards Michael had suddenly dissipated as she realised that Michael had been physically and mentally raped.

Kivar reached down and pulled her to her feet.

“You knew?” She accused him. “You knew what she was doing and you didn’t tell me?”
“At what point did you ever think I would have told you?” Kivar replied coldly.
“You’re right.” Liz returned. “After all I am speaking to a man who just killed his own daughter to get what he wanted.”
polar4eva
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by polar4eva »

Thanx to all for your patience. Got back yesterday but my head had been working on this bloody story.

Kivar stiffened and spun around on his heel. He glared at Liz with venom in his eyes.
“Very clever.” Kivar snarled. “How did you know?”
“You don’t strike me as a man who would shy away from seeing a woman die.” Liz spat at him as she rose from the floor. “You also said that she tried to connect your bloodline with that of the Royals. She is related to you and a daughter is the most obvious choice.”
“Yes, Alina was my daughter.” Kivar sneered. “My plans would have been complete a long time ago had Vilandra provided me with a son who could sit on the throne instead.”
“Vilandra was her mother?” Liz gasped.
“Indeed.” Kivar growled. “She paid the price for her failure.”
“You are evil.” Liz rasped. “I want you gone.”
“Give me the answer!” Kivar demanded as he grabbed Liz by the arms.
“If that is the only way to be rid of you…” Liz turned on her heel and walked down the corridor with Kivar in close pursuit.

Liz walked the familiar steps as she turned the final corner and led Kivar into the vast throne room. Liz swallowed hard as she forced herself to calm down.

“Well?” Kivar asked. He had the curious expression of a child at Christmas.
“You translated the riddle wrong.” Liz revealed.
“What?!?” Kivar demanded as he turned to face her, his expression darkening. ”You told me that you had the answer.”
“I do.” Liz assured him. “I just wanted you to know that the reason you have been unsuccessful is due to your own stupidity.”

Liz walked away from him towards the throne with her head held high but her heart in her throat. She sat down on Max’s throne mainly to hide her nerves.

“Please inform me where I went wrong?” Kivar asked through gritted teeth.
“As an immortal I would think that you would have had plenty of time to figure this out.” Liz continued morbidly enjoying Kivar’s unease that she; an Earthling, could out smart him. “And as a trold or ‘ancient’ I would imagine that your access to information would be greater than mine.”
“Enough!” Kivar shouted. “Well done. You figured out what my own daughter never knew.” Kivar spat at her with impatience. “I was left behind when your glorious King’s ancestors purged my people from this plane.”
“Plane?” Liz questioned.
“Something you don’t know?” Kivar mocked her.
“Ah, of course.” Liz understood. “When your people had to flee the best place to go would be where they could never follow. Physics allows for the theory of several planes of existence coinciding with each other. And the Granolith is capable of creating a rift in space and time.”
“How do you know that?” Kivar demanded as it was clear that he didn’t.
“I have seen it in action.” Liz revealed.
“I gave you peace; I gave you what you wanted.” Kivar stated angrily. “All I ask in return is the answer to the riddle.”
“The passageway to the stars lies in the eyes of the King.” Liz stated.
“How is that wrong?” Kivar roared in frustration.
“It is thanks to my husband that you have this answer.” Liz replied smoothly and unperturbed by Kivar’s outburst. “Not in the King’s eyes but in his sight.”

Liz turned her head so she looked directly in front of the throne. At the bottom of the three steps stood a stone pedestal with a deep midnight blue cloth draped over it. Kivar rushed forwards and tore the cloth off to reveal a silver handprint.

“All this time?” Kivar gasped.
“Leave!” Liz commanded.

She had shown her hand and now it was time to see how honourable Kivar was. He would leave, absolutely. But would he leave her alive?

“To kill you would be a great waste.” Kivar spoke softly as though reading Liz’s thoughts. “I shall leave you with one piece of truth, however.”
“And what would that be?” Liz asked in relief.
“Alina attempted to win your husband without using her power.” Kivar revealed. “She resorted to her mind altering abilities when it became clear that your husband’s heart lay with you.”

Having said his final piece, Kivar placed his rights hand on the silver print. With a nod of his head Kivar bid Liz adieu and was engulfed in a blinding silver flash.

Liz sat on the throne for almost an hour after Kivar disappeared. Her adrenaline was sky high and her hands were shaking. But that paled in comparison to how her heart ached for Michael. It was fear that kept her sitting in that room. Fear that she would have to tell Michael that he had been mentally and physically abused. Again. What kind of scar this would leave, she had no idea. Gathering her courage for a second time that day, Liz went off in search of the Royals.

She heard them before she found them. The raised voices of Max, Maria, Michael and Tess. Liz followed the voices until she found an office she had never been in before. It was the room that Max had given to Michael to use as his study after he and Liz moved to the palace. Liz knocked on the door and pushed it open.

The fighting continued as her presence was ignored. It was Alex who noticed her first. He called out her name and all of the others looked over at him. Following his line of sight they all saw Liz standing in the doorway.

“Liz!” Michael gasped.
“Just thought you should know.” Liz spoke in a husky voice. “Kivar is gone and never coming back.”
“What happened?” Max asked, completely flustered.
“Um.” Liz hesitated. She had no clue how to begin. She chuckled wearily. “It’s a long story.”
“Well then I suggest you start talking.” Maria commanded.
“Blow me, Maria.” Liz shot back tiredly.
“I beg your pardon?” Maria demanded indignantly.
“Blow me, your Highness?” Liz asked with a sarcastic curtsey.
“Alright, enough.” Michael stepped in glaring at Maria. “Are you ok?” He asked his wife.
“Tired.” Liz confessed.
“Right, let’s get you to bed and we can deal with this in the morning.” Michael decreed.

There were noises of protest from the others but Michael silenced them with a glare. He walked over to Liz and using his hand on her lower back and led her to their suite. He was as highly confused as the others but the way Liz had spoken to Maria spoke volumes. She did not want to talk about what happened with Kivar; at least not yet.

As Liz was in the bathroom freshening up; Michael sat on the end of the bed and allowed his mind to roam. There were a few facts that he knew for certain. The man he had seen Liz kissing on the terrace at their home had been Kivar. Kivar had later tried to kill her but afterwards Liz hadn’t been afraid of him; in that conference Liz had been in control. What it all meant he had no clue.

He was startled out of his thoughts when he felt a presence in front of him. Liz had left the bathroom and was standing in front of him with tears in her eyes and her lip between her teeth.

“I’m sorry.” She stuttered before her control slipped and she sobbed into her hands.

Michael reached for her and pulled her onto his lap. She straddled his legs as Michael pulled her closer to him. Her arms slid around his shoulders as she buried her face in his neck. Michael wrapped his arms around her sobbing frame and held her tightly. He whispered soothingly into her ear as he rocked gently trying to calm her. After twenty minutes of sobbing, Liz fell asleep. Michael laid her down and snuggled in behind her. Wishing he understood her better.

The next morning Michael awoke to find Liz looking at him in trepidation. Her eyes spoke volumes of fear and panic and sorrow. Michael yawned into his hand, blinked heavily and kissed Liz on the forehead.
“Morning.” He mumbled.
“Morning.” Liz croaked. She coughed to clear her throat.
“I have to tell you something before we meet with the others.”
“I know.” Michael interjected. “I saw you kissing him.”
“Who?” Liz asked in confusion.
“Kivar.” Michael answered sadly. “On the terrace at home.”
“He kissed me.” Liz protested. “That isn’t what I wanted to tell you.” Liz paused as she thought about how best to word what she was about to say. “Do you know why Alina attacked me?”
“You were working with Kivar.” Michael pointed out.
“But the way she was angry that Kivar was going to give up the throne.” Liz countered. “Alina was Kivar’s daughter.” Liz waited a beat. “With Vilandra.”

She could feel Michael tense in disbelief.

“Kivar never wanted the throne but he wanted something he believed the King had, something he needed.” Liz said. “That’s not the point right now; but Kivar seduced Vilandra so he could have her produce him an heir, a son who would one day sit on the throne and give him what he wanted.”
“Which was what?” Michael demanded in frustration. He had a sinking feeling that he wouldn’t like what Liz had to tell him.
“It’s not important right now.” Liz protested. Michael rose from the bed in annoyance. “Alina hit on you didn’t she?”
“Yes, she did.” Michael remembered the scene with an uncomfortable shudder. “She was informed that I was unavailable.”
“She had somehow disgraced herself with Kivar and wanted to get back on his good side.” Liz stated in a husky voice. “Alina used her mind warping power on you to try and get pregnant with a son and please her father.”
“And I supposed Kivar told you that!” Michael snorted in disbelief.
“No, I walked into your study and saw you with her.” Liz revealed to a stunned Michael. “I just thought that you were having an affair.”

Michael sank down back onto the bed, his body facing away from Liz. His head sank into his hands as unrecognisable emotions swept through him.

“You think that I would cheat on you?” Michael demanded in anger from his tearful wife. “You think that little of me?”
“I know what I saw and I know how you ignored me.” Liz shot back. “It is highly possible that you fell in love with someone else, we didn’t get married for love or passion!”
“I did!” Michael retorted furiously.
“What?” Liz gasped. That much she had never expected.

Michael’s flushed face revealed that he had not meant to tell her that. His eyes were glued to the floor and his posture defensive. He stood up and without a word entered the bathroom.

As he slammed the door behind him a mirror fell to the floor and smashed. Great, he thought, just what he needed; more bad luck. How could Liz think that he would cheat on her? How could she not know how much he felt for her? He was heavy tongued and clumsy around her! He had no clue how to talk to her.

Suddenly his body shuddered as he thought about what Alina had done to him. Michael stripped out of his clothes and, carefully avoiding the shards of glass, he jumped into the shower. Using handfuls of soap he scrubbed his body clean. His mind would be a far more difficult task.

Exiting the shower far pinker than he had entered it; Michael towelled himself dry and wrapped the towel around his waist. God knows which of his clothes Alina had touched he thought in disgust. After scouring his teeth he exited the bathroom to find Liz crying quietly on the bed.

His anger and shock had dissipated and he was sorry that he had yelled at her. Michael st down next to her and pulled her into his arms. Liz clung to his bare torso and apologised repeatedly into his skin.

“Sh.” He commanded gently. “I’m sorry I yelled at you. I was just shocked and angry.”

He tilted her face upwards and gently brushed his lips over hers. Liz was startled and dug her fingers into his back. Michael took that as a good sign and repeated the move. His lips caressed hers over and over and over; every time deepening the kiss slightly.

Liz moaned and shivered and lay down, pulling her husband with her. The kiss deepened and became more passionate. Every tongue stroke was heavy with want. Michael was only dressed in a towel and could feel the heat radiating between them. Liz’s hands ran up and down his back, caressing the muscles and stroking the skin. Michael’s hands began to undress her slowly; so slowly that Liz whimpered in desperation.

A loud bang on the door brought them sharply back into reality as the door was pushed open and the others entered. Michael quickly grabbed the duvet and shielded his body and that of his wife.

“Yikes!” Kyle squawked. “Sorry!”
polar4eva
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by polar4eva »

Long part hopefully not too repetitive of what has happened but the story required this (IMO) I promise some serious smut with the next installment! Something this fic has been severely lacking!!!

Thank you one and all for the feedback. There are actual squees of joy when I get it. (Sad I know but my life is empty. Don't pity the pathetic) :roll:

Michael and Liz dressed in silence knowing that the others were waiting for them in Michael’s study. Liz pulled on a dress and brushed her hair whilst her mind kept rehearsing what she was going to tell the others. She turned around the see only Michael’s legs sticking out from under the bed.

“It’s not going to be that bad!” Liz joked. “At least not for you!”

Michael crawled out from under the bed with a box in his hands. He opened it and pulled out a pair of jeans and his metallica t-shirt that he had worn the day they arrived on Antar. Liz looked at Michael with a curious expression.

“They’re unsullied.” He replied softly.

Understanding what he meant Liz stepped forwards. She placed her hands gently on each side of his face and stood on her toes so she could kiss him. Michael responded by dropping his clothes and sweeping his wife into his arms. Liz moaned and deepened the kiss.

“Dear God!” Alex’s voice rang out from behind them. “Could you two please stop doing that? There are a few highly confused people waiting to speak to you.”
“Alex.” Michael growled. “Get out!”
“Ok!” Alex called behind him as he made a hasty exit.
“We should go.” Liz stated.
“Really?” Michael asked with a pout.
“Yes.” Liz replied as she kissed him softly again.
“Ok.” Michael said with a groan. “But you are going to have to stop doing that or we’re never going to leave this room.”

Liz chuckled as Michael got dressed. Knowing that Michael would be there and that he would be on her side made the whole situation seem a lot less threatening. He would support her and he would make sure that the others let her say her piece.

They held hands as they made their way down the corridor to the study. Michael was as eager as the others to know what had happened but Liz was his main priority. Just as he was about to enter the room Liz held back.

“What?” He asked.
“How much do you want them to know” Liz asked.
“About what?” Michael questioned.
“About what Alina did.” Liz replied.

Michael shook his head and Liz nodded in reassurance that she wouldn’t tell the others what had happened. Taking a deep breath and straightening her shoulders Liz reclaimed Michael’s hand and walked through the door.

All eyes in the room turned to stare at Michael and Liz as they entered. Michael looked starkly out of place in his Earth clothes. Liz walked forwards with her head held high pulling Michael along with her as she sat down on the couch that had already been positioned in front of the others. It looked like she was about to be lined up for a firing squad.

It took a few moments for the others in the room to start their inquisition. They had been stunned by what they had witnessed that morning between Michael and Liz. Michael had obviously been told what had happened and was fine with it.

“Do you want to start or shall we?” Max asked Liz.
“Oh no, you continue please.” Liz replied sarcastically. “Fire away.”
“Were you working for Kivar?” Max asked.
“No!” Liz replied. “I was working with him.”

Stunned silence.

“Ok…” Max stated in shock. “Why you? Why did he go to you… or did you go to him?”
“He came to me.” Liz answered honestly. “He believed that I was in the best position to help him.”
“With what?” Isabel asked.
“Ending the war.” Liz stated. “He gave me the opportunity to end the war.”

Wide eyed looks were exchanged.

“Did he threaten to hurt you?” Alex asked trying to understand why Liz would work with the enemy. “Did he threaten Michael or any of us?”
“Indirectly he threatened all of you.” Liz replied. “Me, he wanted to frighten.”
“He tried to kill you.” Michael stated looking at her. “I saw him.”
“He was the guy who tried to kill you at the ball?” Max asked.
“His intention was to frighten me, not kill me.” Liz repeated firmly.
“He held you by the throat and filled up your lungs with water…” Michael said gruffly. “Not exactly subtle.”

“Why did you help him?” Tess asked.
“I wanted to end the war.” Liz answered.
“By working with the enemy…” Tess continued. “That doesn’t make sense. You knew who he was and you knew how dangerous he was.”

The others looked on with interest.

“Did he have something on you?” Tess probed gently. “Did he know something that we didn’t?” Tess was just shooting in the dark but Liz’s uncomfortable posture told her she was hitting a sore spot.
“No comment.” Liz stated.
“Unacceptable.” Maria shot at her. “We want the whole truth Liz.”

Maria struck a nerve. Liz’s eyes locked onto hers and Maria could see cold fury.

“He stopped me from trying to kill myself.” Liz said with a very clear and precise voice. “He healed my wrists after I cut them.”

Feeling Michael tense behind Liz regretted having told them. The others in the room were stunned and pale. None of them had ever suspected that the root of all of this would be so painful.

“Why?” Kyle stuttered.
“I was unhappy.” Liz explained. “Other stuff was going on and I had had enough.”
“I know that things between us were bad but I didn’t think they were that bad.” Maria stated softly.
“What the hell makes you think that any of this has to do with you?” Liz shot back. Typical diva the world had to revolve around her. “Look, whatever happened between you and Max before we left and after we left I didn’t care. I really didn’t. It was the fact that you didn’t have the decency as my best friend to tell me what was going on. You lied to me. As much as that hurt I didn’t care that much!”
“Then what made you so unhappy?” Isabel asked. “It must have been something big!”
“No comment!” Liz repeated.

Liz could still feel how tense Michael was behind her. His body was solid and his breathing deep and controlled. Liz didn’t know exactly what he was feeling but she was fairly certain he had had no idea how miserable she had been. Liz could feel Michael’s face close to her head. He brushed his lips over her ear and whispered a hoarse apology.

Liz turned to him and kissed him on the lips. She hugged him tightly and replied softly into his ear.

“You didn’t know. This is not your fault. Do you hear me? None of this is your fault!”
“It feels it.” Michael replied gently.

As they broke apart Michael noticed the deathly glare that Max was sending his way.

“What the hell did you do?” Max demanded. “What did you do to her?”

Before Michael was able to defend himself Liz had shot out of her place beside Michael and was in Max’s face. Her cheeks were stained pink and her eyes were blazing.

“How dare you!” Liz shouted. “You know nothing of the situation but you are willing to blame Michael? How dare you!”

Michael stood up and gently pulled Liz back to their sofa. He kissed her on the forehead and held her trembling form.

“It was my fault!” Michael confessed.
“No, you didn’t know!” Liz interrupted.
“But it is because of me!” Michael continued.
“What happened?” Alex asked softly.
“You tell them.” Michael told his wife. You know more than I do.”

“I guess the beginning is the best place to start.” Liz conceded. “You have to promise that you are not going to interrupt. This is going to take a while.”

The others promised. With a deep breath, Liz began to reveal the truth.

“Kivar is an immortal. He was born on Antar hundreds of years ago when his people ruled the planet. He is a ‘trold’ or an Ancient as we would translate it. His people were like Gods who ruled the people until a rebellion started. This rebellion was led by Zan’s ancestor who would later be proclaimed King of Antar.”

“Are you serious?” Max asked with an open mouth.

“It gets better!” Liz promised and after admonishing for interrupting her she continued. “Kivar was left behind. He had no way of fleeing. So he hid in plain sight and remained amongst the Antarians. He used his powers to ‘die’ and then his ‘son’ would take over all of his positions. The entire time searching for an answer.”

Liz paused to look at the people around her who were hanging on her every word. It was an odd feeling to be back in the centre of things again.

“Kivar never wanted the throne. What he wanted was to find out how to locate his people and join them. They left behind a clue of how to find them and only the worthy would be able to understand and find the answer. Kivar couldn’t.”

“What was the clue?” Maria asked.

“What Kivar told me was, ‘The pathway of the stars lies in the eyes of the King’. Hence his determination to become King. Which he did.”

“Kivar was King?” Tess asked.

“After Zan and the other Royals died Kivar claimed the throne for himself. But didn’t find the answer. So he concluded that Zan had the answer. Even before the deaths of the Royals Kivar had attempted to secure an heir to the throne who may one day have the information he wanted.”

“With me!” Isabel said quietly. Kyle reached for her hand and held it tightly in his.
“But he failed.” Kyle soothed her.
“No he didn’t.” Liz revealed. “Vilandra produced a heir for Kivar. But not a son, a daughter!”
“What?!?” Isabel gasped. “How do you know that?”
“He told me. Or at least he confirmed it when I called him on it.” Liz answered.
“Where is she?” Isabel asked.
“Dead.” Liz revealed. “Vilandra’s daughter was Alina.”

You could have heard a pin drop in the silence that engulfed the room. Isabel was floored. The others were equally stunned.

“But Kivar killed her!” Maria pointed out. “Why would he kill his own daughter?”
“She had disgraced herself somehow. He didn’t reveal how but she had been trying to absolve herself.”
“How?” Alex asked.
“Alina had no idea what her father was. She didn’t know that she was half trold. She tried to complete what her father had started with her birth.” Liz answered. “She was going to provide Kivar with his heir that he wanted.”
“But she was never anywhere near Max!” Tess pointed out. “She was always with Mic…”

Everyone turned to look at Michael, whose jaw was clenched so tightly Liz could see the veins in his neck.

“I knew that Michael was having sex with her. So did Kivar.” Liz stated. “But Michael’s didn’t know.” Seeing the looks of confusion on the faces of her friends Liz rolled her eyes. “Alina had the ability to mind warp.”
“Oh my God!” Maria gasped.

Liz turned to face Michael and placed both hands on his face. She stroked his cheeks gently and placed a loving kiss on his lips. Michael pulled Liz’s warm body to him and breathed in her scent.

“Which was why you tried to kill yourself.” Alex stated. “You didn’t know about the mind warping. Kivar didn’t tell you.”
“I didn’t know that Alina was his daughter until after he killed her. That was when things started to make a bit more sense.” Liz replied still wrapped in Michael’s arms. She was whole heartedly content to remain there.
“I’m sorry Michael!” Max spoke softly. “I had no idea.”
“That would make two of us!” Michael replied with a nod of understanding.

“How did you get him to leave?” Isabel asked. “He signed that contract on just your word.”
“The whole purpose of the meeting was for him to pressure me into finding an answer more quickly. I had already found that answer thanks to Michael.”
“Me?” Michael asked in confusion.
“After Kivar attacked me at the ball you told me that you weren’t going to let me out of your sight.” Liz replied. “That simple phrase made everything clearer. Not in the eyes of the King but in the sight of the King!”
“Cleaver!” Alex stated. “But that doesn’t give you an answer.”
Doesn’t it?” Liz questioned with a smirk. “Where would you put a King?”
“On a throne?” Alex guessed.
“Exactly!” Liz replied. “If you sit on Max’s throne directly in front of it at the bottom of the steps is a small stone pedestal. If you remove the velvet cloth from on top you will find a silver hand print.”
“Seriously?” Kyle asked.
“Kivar placed his hand on the hand print and entered another plane of existence.” Liz told the others.
“Plane of existence?” Maria asked sceptically.
“The trolds created the granolith.” Liz revealed. “Not to mention they probably have greater power than the Royal Four. Who knows what is possible.”

“Jesus!” Max gasped. “I guess apologies and thanks are in order.”
“I’m sorry that we doubted you, Liz.” Isabel said with gratitude.
“You had every reason to.” Liz replied with understanding.
All of the others apologised including Maria. Liz knew that it would be a long time before she and Maria were the ‘sisters’ that they once were but they were back on track.
polar4eva
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by polar4eva »

Later when they returned to their suite Liz headed straight for the bathroom whilst Michael flopped down on the bed. He was emotionally exhausted; his anxiety from earlier had been unwarranted but it hadn’t dissipated and there was an uncomfortable knot in his stomach.

Sitting up he placed his elbows on his knees and buried his face in his hands. He was rolling his shoulders trying to work out the knots when he felt fingers running through his hair. He raised his head and saw Liz standing above him with a small smile on her face. Her hands continued to run over his head and face, running his soft hair through her fingers. All of the tension left his body under Liz’s gentle ministrations.

Michael placed a hand on either side of her hips and snaking them around her back he pulled her close to him. His head was placed on her breasts as Liz’s hands slid down the sides of his head, over his shoulders and down his back. Michael nuzzled her breasts with his nose as his hands ran down Liz’s back and over her ass. His hands continued down to her thighs and swiftly pulled her down so her knees were on either side of his hips.

Liz’s stomach dropped and fluttered as Michael held her tightly. His eyes searched hers before he claimed her lips with his. Liz’s hands and feet tingled as Michael teasingly caressed her lips with the tip of his tongue. Liz was getting hotter and hotter and decided to make Michael’s temperature rise.

She wrapped her arms around his shoulders and melted her body against his. She could feel Michaels kisses falter as her body pressed against his. He decided to torture him further by slowly rotating her hips. Michael groaned into Liz’s mouth as he reached his limit for being teased. His hands slipped from Liz’s back to her hips where he halted her movements. He broke off the kiss and stared Liz in the eye. After a few moments to catch their breath Michael confidently unbuttoned Liz’s dress and pulled it off of her shoulders. Liz raised her body so he could gather her skirt and pull it off of her body. Never in his life had he ever been so turned on. His wife … Michael thought in disbelief.

Liz was completely at ease straddling Michael in only her underwear. She reached down and caught the hem of his t-shirt. After pulling it over his body Liz pushed him back onto the bed. She smiled slyly as she ran her hands up ad down his bare body. Michael caught one of her hands and brought it up to his lips, kissing it gently. Liz leaned forwards and hovered above Michael on her hands and knees. She lowered her lips to his and kissed him deeply as her hands ran down Michael’s prone body to his jeans. One handed she un-did his belt and zipper releasing his trembling erection.

Michael hissed and suddenly rolled them so Liz was on her back. His eyes never left hers as he removed his jeans and underwear. His hands trembled slightly as he slid Liz’s panties down her thighs and dropped them to the floor. . His hands glided up her satiny body and removed her bra. Liz’s hands had been wandering over Michael’s taut body and she was flushed with want.

There was no fear, no uncertainty. Michael lowered his body onto Liz’s knowing he wouldn’t crush her. He kissed her gently on the lips before trailing his lips down her throat and over her breasts. He bit gently on each nipple as he hooked her legs over his hips. Michael returned his lips to hers as he gently caressed her slick lips with the tip of his cock. Liz whimpered in frustration and dug her fingers into Michael’s back. Every muscle in his body was strained and trembling. He saw the want in her eyes and face, certain that it was matched in his own.

He surrendered to the desperation he felt to be buried inside her. He locked his lips with hers and kissed her senseless. As he felt her body arch for air he confidently slid inside of her. Liz gasped as Michael’s broad cock tore through the thin layer of tissue and claimed her. After taking a moment to adjust she looked up to see Michael with a pained look in his eyes as he watched her lose her virginity.

Liz raised a hand to his face and caressed his cheek softly whilst smiling at him. Michael crushed his lips to hers and gave her a searing kiss before he started to move in and out of her. She was wet but he knew that it could still hurt her. Achingly slowly Michael drew his long cock in and out of her. Her body trembled but she soon found and matched his rhythm.

Michael was aware that most girls don’t orgasm on their first time but he didn’t want that for Liz. The problem was; he didn’t know how much longer he could last. Hi body craved release. He stopped thrusting inside of her and cupped her face.

“Baby, I need you to trust me.” Michael stated breathlessly.
Of course I trust you.” Liz replied huskily.

Michael slipped out of her and moved to the side. Kissing Liz on the nose he turned her away from him and pulled her back against him. His arm snaked under her and encircled her waist. He slipped inside of her from behind and delighted as she sighed and groaned in pleasure. The short pause had allowed Michael to regain some control. He began to thrust inside of her more passionately and vigorously than before, her statement of trust encouraged him. The feel of her warm body and soft buttocks quickly pushed him to the edge but Liz wasn’t there yet.

The hand beneath her body moved to the apex of her thighs and began to tease her clit, his other hand pinched her nipples as he kissed, licked and bit her neck and shoulder. Liz’s body shuddered and she gasped as the beginnings of her orgasm fluttered inside of her. Michael began to lose control and he pressed Liz forwards so she was almost on her stomach.

Michael thrust into her for a final time as they came together. Liz’s hands fisted the duvet as she cried out in pleasure. Michael sand onto the bed, exhausted. He looked over at Liz and started to feel guilty. He tentatively laid a hand on her back. He snuggled into her body, which was still facing away from him and pulled the duvet around them.

“Did I hurt you?” Michael asked softly.
“No.” Liz replied as she turned to face him. She kissed him gently on the lips and nose.

After a few moments of lying together Liz stared at Michael with a disconnected look on her face. Michael stared back with a humorous glint in his eyes. It took him a minute or two to realise that her gaze was not full of affection or mirth, but controlled and calculated.

“What?” Michael asked in concern.
“You were surprised.” Liz commented. “Did you think that I had slept with him? With Kivar?”

Michael froze. He looked at Liz in confusion. He took a deep breath to centre himself before replying.

“I had no right to expect anything from you.” Michael revealed. “Not after what I did, or what you thought that I did … To be honest I hadn’t really thought about it, it just kind of caught me off guard.”
“Men and uncharted territory!” Liz joked. “What is with that?”
“I don’t know.” Michael confessed. “But I like it. I like that I got to experience with you.”
“Me too.” Liz replied.
polar4eva
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by polar4eva »

Sorry for the long delay but here is the final segment. I hope that this ties up all of the loose ends. Thanks for your feedback and interest even after such a long break between posts.
Kik

A couple of days of domestic bliss later, Liz received a letter from Maria. Her high spirits took an immediate nose dive. Okay, so domestic bliss was a bit strong all they had done was spend a lot of time in bed. Michael had been sweet and tender but still Michael underneath it all. He was blunt, rough and unapologetic and she was loving it. The whole romance ideal had long ago become unappealing the real thing was so much better. She was on a permanent sexual high.

Michael had cajoled her into going to speak with Maria. The soured relationship between them had admittedly been partially her fault but the way Maria had been acting towards her ever since had been almost unforgivable. She never let her forget that she was with Max, that she was Queen and that she thought she had gotten the better deal.

The constant superiority complex was enough to make you sick. So Liz centred herself and walked with her head held high to Maria’s suite. She didn’t knock or wait to be announced, Liz just barged through the double doors and called out for Maria.

Maria was startled. She rose from her desk and greeted Liz in a restrained way. She wanted nothing more than to wrap her arms around her best friend but she knew that that would not be well received. She led Liz over to the seating area and called for some tea.

“You wanted to see me.” Liz stated.
“Yes.” Maria stuttered. She had no idea how to talk to Liz. It had been so long since it had just been the two of them and they had spoken freely.
“I don’t have all day!” Liz said sharply.
“I know that things between us have been strained. And I am sorry about that. I was hoping that you and I could just talk.” Maria stated softly.
“Bull. You have a reason for wanting to talk to me today. What is it?” Liz demanded.
“I miss my friend.” Maria confessed. “And yes there is something that I would like to ask you but I don’t think that it is the best thing to start with.”
“You have done nothing but make sure that I have been aware of your position since the day we arrived. You and Max. Thrown in my face everyday since you made your big announcement.” Liz stated “You never quite figured out that I didn’t care. If you wanted to be with Max I was fine with that.”
“Really?” Maria asked in shock.
“Really! It was the lies, the deceit and the betrayal. Do you really believe that had you come to me and said that you were in love with Max that I would have in any way stood in your way? We both know that if the positions were reversed that you would have never spoken to me again if I had come to you and said that I was in love with Michael – but don’t confuse me with you.” Liz spat at her.
“I thought you were still in love with him. I didn’t know what was happening between Max and me. I didn’t know if it was love, lust or something else. I wasn’t willing to risk our friendship over something I wasn’t sure about.” Maria pleaded with her. “By the time I realised that I was in love with him I didn’t know how to tell you.”
“So afterwards.” Liz countered. “I was angry with you but the way you treated me… You somehow turned Alex and Kyle against me. Neither of them spoke to me. What did you say to them?”
“I couldn’t bear to lose them too.” Maria half begged. “I told them that you…”
“That I what?” Liz demanded.
“That you were planning on getting Max back by any means possible.” Maria confessed. “I am so sorry. I live with that everyday. That Max will come to his senses and realise that he loves you and not me.”
“Why would you think that?” Liz demanded. “He chose you. Trust me he has made it obvious to me.”
“He says you name.” Maria whispered.
“What?” Liz asked.
“When he’s asleep. He says your name. I lie awake at night and listen to the man I love whisper your name as he dreams.” Maria admitted as tears streaked her face. “He is still in love with you. If you weren’t around then he would have to focus on me and not think so much about you.”
“Oh Christ!” Liz muttered as she sank back into her seat.
“I made a vow to stay with Max for better or for worse. I guess I had faith that eventually you would forgive me.” Maria stated. “I don’t have the same faith in Max, that he would wait and come back to me again.”
“That’s depressing!” Liz stated.
“Tell me about it!” Maria snorted humourlessly. “How are you?”

Liz thought about it for a while and then realised that she had missed her friend. Even after all that she had done. She now realised how far she would go to protect Michael and to keep him and in the end things had worked out well. Had things ended up differently Liz had no idea how she would feel but circumstances being what they were Liz was willing to swallow her hurt and her pride.

“All things considered I am doing well.” Liz replied. “Things between Michael and I are going really well. He has issues to deal with about what happened to him and I have issues to deal with about what happened to me but things are going well.”
“I’m really happy for you.” Maria said warmly with a smile.
“The sex is fantastic!” Liz stated in a sultry tone.
“Liz!” Maria blushed.
“Like you don’t know! Lonnie wasn’t kidding about the alien sex!” Liz shot back.
“Oh yeah!” Maria giggled.
“There was something you wanted to ask me.” Liz remembered.
“I am hoping that you will agree to be the god mother of my baby!” Maria asked with a glow in her eyes.
“You’re pregnant?” Liz gasped.
“About four months.” Maria revealed. “Will you?”
“Of course!” Liz gushed. The two girls stood up and hugged each other tightly.

After a few hours Liz returned to her home with Michael. She felt lighter than she had in a while. She hadn’t even noticed the bile and anger that she had been carrying with her ever since she had discovered the truth. It was a relief to be rid of it.

She found her room empty and wandered into Michael’s study. She found him at the desk going through some papers and boxing up his stuff from the war. He glanced up and smirked at her as she walked through the door.

“And?” Michael probed.
“Maria and I are fine and she has asked me to be god mother to her baby.” Liz revealed, knowing that giving Michael the news that he was going to be an Uncle might stop him from bragging about being right.
“Maria is pregnant?” Michael asked in shock. “Aren’t you glad I made you go?”

Liz rolled her eyes at Michael’s ribbing. She should have known that even that surprise wouldn’t have stemmed the tide of his sarcasm and smugness. Deciding it was better to join them than try to beat them, Liz walked up to her husband and kissed him passionately on the mouth.

“You can never admit to being wrong can you?” Michael smirked after he broke the kiss for air.
“Never!” Liz retorted. “That we have in common!”

Liz pulled Michael’s shirt apart and slid it down his arms. She sat back on the desk and pulled her gorgeous man towards her. But he hesitated.

“What’s wrong?” Liz asked in concern.
“Not here!” Michael whispered.

It took Liz a moment to realise what he was talking about and what the problem was. And that made her more determined for it to happen.

“Michael.” Liz stated in a sexy and sultry voice. “This is your study.” She ran her hands over his chest. “This is your sanctuary.” Liz placed a soft kiss on Michael’s pecs over his heart. “When you sit at this desk I want you to think of me.” Liz unzipped his trousers and dropped them to his ankles. “I want you to associate all of this with me, being naked and making love to you.” Liz’s husky voice worked its magic on Michael. His knees nearly buckled as he swept Liz into his arms and kissed her passionately.

THE END