Redemption (CC M/L / Mature) (Complete)

This is the gallery for the winners of the fanfic awards to show off their fics, and their banners!

Moderators: Itzstacie, Forum Moderators

kerri240879
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kerri240879 »

Part 99.

Hey ya’ll. I can’t promise you regular updates as yet, as I am still suffering from major prego brain. ;) Ask Jen how long it as taken me to get this part done!! Anyhoo…this is the beginning of the end…I warned ya’ll at the very beginning…it’s gonna get nasty. Characters will die…people you never thought I’d kill off are officially in open season…just two words though guys…trust me…k? ;) Love to ya’ll. And thanks for the patience and the lovely messages regarding my daughter’s birth. We are both doing really well.

Isabel pushed Max’s door open silently, and looked in on her brother wordlessly. Tess’s revelation had shattered them all, a fight breaking out when Max had stood up and decreed the law. The humans were to be hidden away, and kept hidden until this was over. He had come up against four very angry people, and was promptly put back into his place.

The imprint of Maria’s palm had stood out against his cheek for days…until the war had started and then she had understood. Crossing to his side, Isabel gripped his shoulder silently as she looked down at the newspaper that was lying lax in his hands as he stared straight ahead. The headlines stood out clearly and boldly, causing her heart to constrict as she tightened her grip on her brother’s shoulder.

Three killed in mysterious fire. Roswell mourns.’

Locals Jeff Parker, Amy Deluca, and Sheriff Jim Valenti sadly lost their lives several days ago, when the Crash Down exploded. The local fire station believes it may have been due to a gas leak. Memorial services will be held in due course. The arson squad is investigating. This is a double blow for young Elizabeth Parker, who as recently reported, was attacked while walking home through the park. Her attacker is still at large.

“Gas leak my ass,” Isabel muttered savagely.

Max simply nodded mutely. They had found a letter on Max’s bed when they had returned home from the police station. It hadn’t been signed, but the message was clear to all of them.

‘Three down…’

It had shattered Liz, who had simply shut down. Maria had been devastated as had Kyle, the two of them clinging together as they slowly absorbed the fact that their parents had been killed in the crossfire of this alien war. Now the only person who knew where Maria, Alex, Kyle, Diane and Phillip were was Jy, who had promised Max he would hide them in the last place Kivar would think to look. Natalie and Pauly had ended up joining them, when Jy had saved them from also being attacked. Only Liz had stayed, her tearful gaze enough to have Max giving in.

“Max?”

Isabel watched as her brother slowly looked up at her, his golden gaze dark and stormy as he stared at her.

“Talk to me Max…how can I help you?”

Max stood up slowly, and smiled slightly as he shook his head. Isabel swallowed as she stared into her brother’s eyes, fear starting to slowly trickle down her spine when he didn’t answer her. She knew that look that was in his eyes…she had seen it too many times to remember. Straightening up, Isabel put her ice maiden face on, and glared at him.

“Max…this isn’t your fault. It’s his…and he’ll pay.”

Max nodded slowly, and reaching out, caressed her cheek gently. He smiled wryly as his hands slid down to rest on her shoulders, but the smile never reached his eyes. Yet it was only when he spoke, did Isabel realise the danger she was in.

“Yes…your brother will pay…Valandra.”

Mean while…

Max dropped his keys on the table with a clunk, before following Zan upstairs. Pausing by Isabel’s room, the two men looked inside, only to find an empty room. Max shrugged slightly, before moving towards his own room. He paused again when Zan grabbed his wrist, both of them hearing the strangled sound of pain.

Max listened silently, both he and Zan leaping towards the door when they heard a second strangled gasp. The scene they came upon froze them both momentarily, before both of them raised their hands, the power humming between them as they confronted their worst nightmare.

Isabel was on her knees with her back to them, her head forced back at an unnatural angle as ‘Max’ slowly choked her. Isabel was gripping his wrists tightly, her nails digging deep into his skin as she fought to save herself. ‘Max’ slowly looked up, a sadistic smile crossing his face as he made a kissing motion with his lips.

“Hello your majesty…and your majesty…I was hoping to leave Valandra as a welcoming home gift for you, but you’ve gone and spoilt my plans…my lord won’t be happy about this.”

“Let her go ya fucken dog…before I kill her just to get my hands on ya,” Zan spat, his whole body rigid with anger and rage as he frantically looked for the best way to blast the shapeshifter without hurting Isabel.

The shapeshifter smiled slightly, and glanced back down at Isabel. Bending from the waist, he pressed his lips against hers as he shifted form, and then stood back up, Ava’s gentle blue eyes staring at them pleadingly.

“Don’t kill me Zan…I’m carrying your baby remember…”

Zan stumbled as his hand fell to his side, guilt and pain radiating off of him in tangible waves. ‘Ava’ smiled slightly, and then looked towards Max, ‘her’ eyes widening as Max hissed angrily.

“Change you mother fucker…”

That was the only warning the shifter got, Max letting his full power surge free, the blast hitting the alien in the chest, and sending it through the wall and into Isabel’s room next door. Max glanced quickly at Isabel as she fell to the floor gasping and crying, before storming through the hole in the wall, his hand still held in front of him.

The alien laid on its back, gasping as it slowly bled to death, the large broken wedge of wood that was stuck through its chest causing its death to be slow and painful. Its face changed from Ava’s to Isabel’s to Max’s before slowly becoming male. Red eyes stared up at Max, the dark blue skin slowly turning grey as Max stared down at him.

“Your name!” Max spat in a low threatening voice, only to raise his hand even more when the dying shifter shook its head.

“I asked for your name…”

“Maytlen.”

“Where is Kivar?” Max asked quietly. Maytlen simply smiled sadistically.

“Watching your woman become his again boy…my lord will win this…and you will die. My death will not be in vain. You got the message…three down…who’s next Max? Can you save them all…when they are already targeted…”

Max dropped to his knees, his gaze becoming angry as he watched the shapeshifter slip further and further towards death. Fear was clogging his lungs, causing him to gasp softly as the morning’s headlines flashed before his eyes. He would not loos any more of their group!

“Tell me where he is!” he cried in desperation, only to have Maytlen let out a shuddering sigh as he spoke his last words with the last of his strength.

“Your sister survived me…but will your brother survive Ricardo? Will your best friend survive the others? Will ‘she’ survive Kivar?”

Max spun around to stare at Zan, who met his horror filled eyes with an equal look of shocked dismay.

‘And so it begins…’
kerri240879
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kerri240879 »

dropping these off. I've been really slack. These were won at memories, majik's and dreaming amoungst stars. Thanks to Tracie, Abby and Cam.

Fic you pretended you weren't reading at school or work.

kerri240879
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kerri240879 »

Fic that made you cry the hardest.

Just so you know too guys, I also won best polar fiction. Check that out here if you want. Cheers: Kerri.

Vertigo

Sherrif Valenti and the most memorable scene: Tess finding Liz in the park.
kerri240879
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kerri240879 »

Part 100.

Hey guys. Thank you all for your patience and kindness during the past two months. I sat down tonight, and shot this chapter out in a matter of an hour, yet this also the first time I have looked at this fic in months. So I apologise if it sounds stilted. The nature of the subject is still touchy in a way, but I need to finish this story the way it deserves, so please bear with me for updates. Hopefully you’ll have another one with in two weeks. Love to you all, and Jo? Thank you for the beautiful message in my journal darl. I did get it.

One final thing: Abby, Lisa, Nat and Jen. I wouldn’t have survived the last two months without you guys. From the numerous phone calls, to the daily emails. From allowing me to completely lose it on the phone, whether it is in tears or in temper, to just being there in spirit. Friends come and go, but you guys? You guys are something else completely. My four rocks. I love you all, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Kyan leant against the kitchen sink as he stared into the back yard, his eyes trained on Zan as his best friend took his newly restored grief and anger out on the punching bag in front of him. A sudden storm had sprung up, sending the scent of death and alien blood into the air. Kivar’s doing no doubt. Hide the obvious under the not so obvious.

The others were crowded around the kitchen table. Isabel curled up in Max’s arms as she leant her head against him for strength. Strategy was the main topic at hand. How to beat Kivar, and stop the needless death that had fallen upon them since this had all started two months ago.

Liz was weighed down with guilt as she sat at Max’s side, yet they had all reassured her that was not to blame. She had smiled bitterly at Jy’s soft statement, refusing to believe him. Kivar’s plan was working beautifully. The group was splintering. One by one. Little by little. Lyra and Serena spoke with Michael; quietly reassuring him that Maria was safe. That Alex and Kyle were safe. Angry yes. But safe none the less. Only Tess remained absent, yet they knew she was close. Jy could feel her.

“So what do we do? I mean…how can we find him?” Max asked helplessly.

“Take da fight to him ya mean?” Jy asked, Max nodding in conformation.

“Well…it ain’t that easy man…he’s cloakin his whereabouts…other wise we’d have done that by now. We know he’s here…but where? Max, he could be livin in ya roof, and we wouldn’t fuckin know. I hate this shit Max…I hate feelin like this” Jy spat softly, his anger shimmering around him in a hazy wave.

“I’m so sorry this has happened.”

It was spoken softly, yet all eyes turned towards Liz who lowered her gaze. Max reached out for her hand, yet it was Isabel who spoke up. Her voice was husky, her throat and vocal cords permanently damaged from the attack on her.

“You didn’t deserve this any more than we did Liz. You have nothing to feel guilty about. Nothing to be ashamed of. All you have ever done is help us…protect us. Because that’s what friends do.”

Liz nodded, yet her eyes remained clouded with guilt and grief. Max sighed softly and took her hand in his. Standing up, he pulled her gently from her chair, and wrapped her up in his arms. They stood silently together, drawing strength and love from one another, not knowing what their future was bringing.

“Tess is here” Jy murmered, Kyan nodding as he watched Tess approach Zan in the back yard. Even as he watched, he narrowed his eyes. Something was off. Even as he continued to stare at them, he started to slowly back away from the window, to head towards the door.

Outside, Zan stared down at Tess as she smiled sadly up at him.

“How are you today?” she whispered.

Zan shrugged, his eyes bitter. “Angry. I feel like I’m gonna explode Tess…my skins crawlin…I dunno babe. I miss Aves. I miss her so much…I feel like half my body is missin…”

Tess sighed softly in sympathy and reached out to him. She slid her fingertips into the waistband of his jeans, her knuckles resting gently against his stomach as she slowly lifted her gaze to his. She smiled slowly, and spoke so quietly, that her words whispered through Zan’s system, before he could register the meaning behind them.

“You wish to join your whore then Zan?”

Kyan turned towards the door, only to stop still as he watched Tess walk into the room and remove her jacket, before shaking the rain from her hair. Time stopped as Kyan turned his gaze back outside, only to see Zan jolt slightly as if he had been given an electric shock, his gaze locked with the other Tess’s. And Kyan knew, even as he shouted out to Jy, that he was too late this time…

White-hot pain exploded through Zan’s stomach where Tess’s knuckles rested, Zan lowering his eyes slowly. He could see the metal where it had slid into him from her knuckles, Zan raising pain-clouded eyes. Tess’s eyes flashed red once, before she made a small kissing motion with her lips.

“For Maytlen…my brother…”

Zan cried out as she jerked her hands upwards, the blades biting into his skin and muscle, before tearing free.

“Even if I die Zan…even if I fall…Maytlen has been avenged. And my King shall win. Kyan and Jy cannot save you now…not with the blood of Kivar swimming in your system. You shall die slowly…painfully…with the knowledge that your brother will die soon too. Know my name…Zima.”

Zima jerked his blades out of Zan’s flesh, and watched gleefully as Zan sank slowly to his knees, his hands clenched tightly over his stomach. Zima winked at him, and then raised his eyes as Kyan ran outside, Jy on his heels. Zima smirked at Kyan, and spat out an insult in rapid fire Antarian, before vanishing into the still night.

“Su rey falso muere Kyan... como usted... puede el rey verdadero del reinado de Antar por siempre... mientras que usted writher con en los hoyos del infierno. Le le enviaré allí mismo traidor... y tomaré a su puta como mis la propia.”

Kyan ignored him as he ran towards Zan, who slowly fell onto his back as his knees buckled from kneeling, his hands still clenched over his stomach. His head thudded on the wet ground, the rain streaming down over his face and chest as he coughed. Kyan skidded to his knees by Zan’s side, Max joining him with Jy moments later.

The others gathered two steps away, huddled together in the rain. Kyan gripped Zan’s hands and peeled them away, his face paling when he saw the ravaged wound on his friend’s stomach. Looking up, he watched as the single trickle of blood ran down the side of Zan’s face from the corner of his mouth. The blood was washed away slowly by the rain, but it couldn’t erase death from Zan’s face, nor from his eyes.

“Jy? Max?”

The names came out broken, as Kyan stared from alien to the other, his eyes pleading and his heart breaking. He could hear the ragged way Zan was breathing, the strange rattle that emerged from his broken body. Max’s hands were already pressed down over the wound, his face pale with strain as he poured all his energy into healing Zan. But when he sat back, he couldn’t bring himself to look at Kyan.

“I can’t Kyan…I don’t know why, but I can’t. It’s like I have no powers at all.”

“Kivar’s…blood…in my…blood now…it’s too late Kyan…it’s poison to us…ya know that…man….”

Kyan looked down at Zan, his eyes filling with tears as he watched his friends tanned skin slowly turn grey as his life slipped away from him. Anger spurned him suddenly, Kyan shaking his head as denial sprung forth from his lips.

“No…there has to be a way…ya can’t die Zan…. ya fought too fucken hard to survive last time…now fight…please man…”

Zan sighed softly, the sound spilling a further torrent of blood don the side of his jaw, his eyes slowly dulling as he turned his head towards Kyan. Looking up at him, Zan spoke softly, showing the little boy he kept hidden from years on the street, and sending tears down Kyan’s face with his softly spoken words.

“Ya always been there for me Kyan…always…more then a father…more than a friend…more than a protector…loneliness and fear kept me hidden…ya bought me out into da light man…”

Zan blinked once slowly, his eyes gazing past Kyan slightly, and a small smile gracing his lips even as his body began to twitch.

“Aves…there ya are…”

“Zan!”

Zan blinked and looked towards Max, who had clenched his hand tightly, his eyes bright with pain and fear.

“Ya aiight Maxie boy…more da king than I ever was…keep her safe man…it ain’t over yet…not ‘till da fat lady sings bro…I’m sorry man…that I ain’t gonna…gonna…”

Zan turned back towards Kyan, and smiled dreamily again, his body slowly relaxing as he spoke his final words.

“Aves…”

In the dark streets, a single cry echoed, filled with pain and anger. Max was silent with grief, Jy staggering to his feet and reaching for Kyan. Kyan pushed him away angrily, before turning into Lyra’s wet embrace. Even as he wept onto her shoulder, he still felt the disturbance in the air.

Looking up, he could only blink as he watched the back fence shimmer once, before his blades snapped out, a single sentence echoing, as Kivar, Zima, Ricardo and Larenik stepped forward, ready for war, and a fight that would echo an eternity.

“It has begun…”

“Your fake King dies Kyan...as shall all of you...may the real King of Antar reign forever...while you writher with in the pits of hell. I shall send you there myself you traitor...and take your whore as my own.”
kerri240879
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kerri240879 »

Part 101

Hey guys: Thanks so much for all of your support and patience. Please keep in mind what I said at the start...some will die, other's won't...I look forward to your feedback... :twisted:

It began in darkness. It would end the same way. Blood would stain the earth, and linger in the air. And lives would be altered for eternity. Liz’s back hit the side of the house as Max leapt towards her, and shoved her behind him protectively. She leant there gasping in fear; her eyes wide as she watched the scene before her unfold.

Kyan and Jy took centre stage, their respective mates standing by their sides. Max and Michael stood just behind Kyan and Jy, also flanked by Isabel and Tess. Liz watched them silently, her fear chocking her as she watched the four shape shifters dropped their human shields, and became what they always hid: Pure alien.

Kyan and Jy’s blades gleamed dully in the darkness, Kyan baring his teeth slightly and omitting a warning hiss as the enemy stepped towards them, their own blades gleaming. Only Zima’s blades were dull. Dull with Zan’s blood. Kyan snarled softly in rage as Zima raised one blade and ran the flat edge over his tongue. Zima simply smirked, and spat on the ground.

“Hybrid blood…tastes like victory my Lord.”

Kivar smiled slightly, and extended his hand.

“Elizabeth. Come to me now, and I shall spare the lives of these pitiful beings who will die trying to protect you.”

Liz whimpered softly, Jy making a slashing movement with his hand when Max stepped forwards in anger. His blades hummed with the movement, his voice and laced with a mixture of anger and pain.

“Touch her ya ain’t gonna do Kivar. Ya killed my cousin and my king. Ya killed innocent people. Not only in this world, but in our world too. Ya over stepped ya mark, and now ya gonna go down.”

Kivar simply laughed softly, and rolled his eyes.

“You think you are strong enough to take me Jy? I’ve killed your precious Avaria twice now. I shall kill her a third time tonight. Being on earth has softened you. If Rathard…the real Rathard could see you now, he would have the skin taken off your back in strips to toughen you back up. You are worthless boy…and take her I shall. While her boy King watches.”

“They’ve bonded Kivar” Serena said softly.

Kivar shrugged. “So? She isn’t pure. Big deal Serena. She will still give me a child. She will still grace my palace and warm my bed.”

Max let out a small sound, and extended his hand in anger. The blast he sent out missed Kivar by inches, and set the fence on fire. Liz could only watch in growing horror as the night became distorted in flames, and as the fight for her very life began. Tears slid down her face as she slid down the wall she was leaning on, her soft weeping lost in the sounds of clashing blades and the smell of smoke.

Kyan leapt towards Zima, their blades clashing heavily, and sending sparks dancing as Kyan raised his elbow and caught Zima on the side of the head. Only a quick back bend saved those lethal blades sinking into his chest as Zima swung his free hand around, the two fighting within close quarters.

Kyan’s blades drew first blood, his blades sinking into the muscle on Zima’s back, his blood flowing quickly as he rounded on Kyan, and swung out weakly. His own blades hit Kyan’s leading arm, tearing muscle and tendons, leaving Kyan to fight with the one hand alone.

Lyra and Ricardo began their fight with a wild swing from Ricardo, and a graceful high kick from Lyra. That kick sent Ricardo spinning slightly, but he recovered his balance, and swung out at her once more with his blades, the razor sharp edges gliding through her hair as she spun away from him, sending blonde strands floating to the ground.

Lyra hissed at him in anger, only to yelp when Ricardo grabbed her flowing hair, and yanked her close. Blue eyes clashed with black, Ricardo pressing a moist kiss to her angry mouth, before kneeing her in the stomach, and forcing Lyra to drop to her knees and roll out of the way of his stomping foot. She leapt back to her feet, and swung out with her foot, the kick landing and sending Ricardo sprawling. But not for long.

Serena strolled towards Larenik casually, her small stature humming with power and anger as she beckoned to him with her fingers. He in turn also strolled towards her, the pair meeting and gazing at each other. It was Larenik who took the first swing, only to find his blades whistling through thin air, and a boot clad foot catching him mid chest. The kick sent him flying, Serena stalking after him.

Larenik jumped to his feet, and grabbed Serena by the front of her top. He lifted the smaller woman off of her feet, and threw her against the back fence, his chortling laughter taunting Serena as she dragged herself painfully to her feet, her shoulder dislocated, and her eyes clouded over with pain. But still she stepped back towards him.

Jy glanced over his shoulder briefly, his eyes searching out Max’s angry gaze. The two met eyes, one a king amongst his people, the other a king amongst his men. The look said it all: They both knew none of the shape shifters would survive, and that Max was all that stood between Kivar and Liz.

“Jy…”

“Go. Get her out of here.”

Max nodded, and took a step back towards Liz, only to stop still as an inhuman voice cried out in pain. As one, the whole group watched in a mixture of glee and growing horror as Kyan looked down at the blades that were pierced through his back, his gaze slowly rising to meet Lyra’s, who was also on her knees looking towards him.

“They’ve bonded my Lord…kill one, you kill the other” Zima cried out, dancing gleefully as he yanked his blades out of Kyan’s back, and shoved Kyan hard with his foot, pushing Kyan face first into the dirt. Jy cried out twice, once in pain, and the other to Max.

“I said fucken go!”

Max spun towards Liz and ran, his heart in his throat as he grabbed her by the wrist and yanked her non-to gently to her feet. Glancing over his shoulder he could only watch with tears in his eyes as Kyan and Lyra’s bodies simultaneously burst into flames, and disintegrated into dust, the heat of their deaths igniting Zan’s body as well.

Isabel and Tess were pulling at Michael who stared at the burnt patch of grass that was all that remained of his cousin, before the three of them turned and stumbled through the house. Max met Jy’s eyes once more, before Jy turned his back on him, and continued to fight. Max simply ran, knowing he would never forget the look in Jy’s eyes.

As they ran through the house after the others, Max could hear Liz gasping in tears, and chanced a glance back at her, only to immediately wish he hadn’t. The image of Kivar grasping Jy’s chin in one hand and the back of his head in the other as Jy knelt before him left no doubt what was about to happen, Max closing his eyes once more. Then they were bursting through the front door, and skidding to a stop in shock.

“Come on!”

Michael and Isabel were already pulling Tess into the back of the flat bed bronco truck, Pauly waving at them impatiently.

“Max! Come on man! You want to die? Coz I sure as hell don’t!”

Max bolted for the truck, Liz in tow, and leapt up onto the flat bed, before spinning back to face Liz, and yanking her into his arms with one swift move. As she stumbled into his arms, Zima burst through the front door after them, his arm raised and a large power blast shot off at them that missed her by inches. Max fell backwards and braced her body with his arms as Pauly pulled away with a squeal of tires.

“Max!”

Max rolled slightly, and was met with Isabel’s blank stare, her face paling before his eyes as he scrambled to his feet and rolled her prone form onto her back, his fingers automatically searching for a pulse, even as his eyes took in the ravaged mess of her chest. He was too late.

“Max?”

Max bit back a sob, and shook his head as he gathered his sister into his arms and pressed his face into her neck. Michael uttered an oath, and swung his tear filled eyes away, only to have them widen in horror in as he watched the other aliens gain on them, Zan’s Trans Am their mode of transport. Even as Michael opened his mouth to shout, Zima lent out the window, Michael raising his arm instead.

Never had his powers been as strong, or his aim more true. The single blast he sent out hit Zima’s shoulder, flipping the other alien out of the car, and under the wheels. Satisfaction and retribution flowed through him, blinding his eyes to Ricardo leaning out of another window.

The single shot caught Michael’s shoulder, sending him to his knees, his eyes startled and cloudy as Max scrambled to his feet. Familiar warmth flowed through Michael’s shoulder as Max sent a short, sharp burst of healing power to the ravaged muscle, Michael nodding his thanks as he knelt back up and took aim once more. He got another blast off, followed by another one, his darting gaze showing him that they were approaching the quarry.

Max’s shield flowed over the back over the truck, shielding them all as Ricardo and Larenik sent volley after volley of blasts at Max’s shield, slowly wearing it thin. Max’s breaths came in rapid gasps, and he chanced a look down at Liz, who was cowering at his feet. That look cost them all, Larenik sending a blast at the back tire, and blowing it out, just as Michael’s careful aim blew up the engine of the trans am, and sending it skidding into a large rock formation, where it burst into flames.

Pauly lost control of the truck, which tipped up dangerously onto two wheels, and flipping Isabel’s body out, before the truck flipped completely, and skidded to a screeching halt in a large swirl of dust. Silence followed momentarily, before a cough echoed, followed by a scrambling noise.

Max crawled out of the wreckage, coughing violently as blood ran down the side of his face from a large gash on his head. He knelt back down and dragged Liz out after him, his worried gaze finding Tess as she struggled to her feet on the other side of the truck. Max looked around frantically, only to moan lowly in deep pain. Michael’s dull eyes stared up at the sky from where he was pinned under the edge of the truck, his face slowly loosing colour as blood ran down the side of his throat.

Staggering away from the sight of his brother, Max was only confronted by Pauly’s limp frame hanging out the window of the truck, his neck broken. Tess joined them, Liz biting back another sob as she watched Ricardo and Kivar slowly approach them. Larenik had been killed on impact, leaving only the Lord and his brother.

Max pushed Liz behind him again as they backed away from Kivar, Liz’s nails biting hard into the palm of his hand. Kivar stopped when the threesome stumbled at the lip of the gorge, and once more held his hand out. Anger danced in his eyes, and he spat slightly to his side, his blood staining the ground as it bubbled and hissed.

“Elizabeth. I won’t ask again. Take my hand, or I will kill your boy King now.”

Liz shook her head as she wept, Kivar snorting softly as he continued to hold out his hand.

“Elizabeth. There is nowhere for you to run. Nowhere for you to hide. Is it too much to ask for you to love me? To stand at my side? Is all this death really necessary?”

“Max…oh god…”

Kivar dropped his hand, and simply shook his head sadly. Turning to Ricardo, he spoke quietly, his voice carrying on the wind.

“Kill him.”

“And Avaria my Lord?”

“Her you can have.”

Ricardo smiled, and stepped forwards, his hands flexing as his blades slowly slid out of his hands. Liz burst into tears, and tried to step around Max, only to have him turn his head and grip her neck in his hand. Pressing a rough kiss that spoke volumes to her trembling lips, he spoke softly.

“If I die today…I die loving you.”

“Liz…”

The he pushed her away, and strode forward, his powers humming as Tess joined him, leaving Liz by herself. Max and Tess stopped, and watched as Ricardo leapt into the air, and twisted mid jump, a careful blast from Max sending him thudding to the ground.

Ricardo shook his head and stood up, his eyes clearing as Kivar sighed. Ricardo knew that sigh, and promptly sent a volley of blasts at Max and Tess, who hovered together behind Max’s shield, which stretched out to cover them and Liz. The blasts hammered away at Max’s shield, before it started to flicker moments later, which is when Kivar raised his clawed hand, and sent out one single blast.

The blast broke through Max’s shield, and sent Max and Tess flying. Tess landed hard, her breath knocked out of her lungs, momentarily stunning the girl. Kivar turned towards Max who was in a similar state, and raised his hand once more. He paused however, when Liz’s voice cut through the dust.

“NO!”

Kivar looked at her, and once more held out his hand.

“Last chance Elizabeth.”

“Liz…”

Liz started to weep, and stumbled slowly to her feet. Max shook his head, his breath coming out in agonised gasps where some of his ribs were broken. He could only watch as Liz crossed slowly to Kivar, and let him take her hand. Kivar smiled slightly, and acknowledged her surrender with a slight tilt of his head. But then his eyes turned cold, and his sent a blast straight at Max’s chest.

“No! No…you promised…you killed him…why?”

Liz tore free of Kivar’s hold and dropped to her knees at Max’s side, as her sobs broke free. Cupping his face, she watched as the amber light in his eyes dimmed slowly, Kivar shaking his head and yanking her to her feet by the hair. Spinning her around to face him, he snarled softly.

“Because he touched what was mine.”

“Liz…”

Liz cried out in pain as he slapped her face in reprisal, before yanking her closer to him. Behind them, Tess staggered once more to her feet, Kivar turning only when she cried out in anger at seeing Max’s prone form, and sending a blast Ricardo’s way as he spun towards her, that sent the other alien up in flames.

Kivar spun Liz in front of him, and grasped her throat with his hand as he used her a human shield from Tess’s angry power. Tess lifted her hand, Kivar pulling Liz more firmly against him, and smirking at the blonde alien who had tears streaming down her face.

“What are you going to do now Avaria? Kill her to get to me? You can’t win. You must know this.”

Tess looked at Liz, and watched as a single trickle of blood ran down her throat from where Kivar’s claw had pierced her delicate skin. She raised her eyes to meet Liz’s tearful gaze, and saw the love and friendship in her gaze. The understanding.

“Redemption found Liz…I’m sorry…” Tess murmered softly, and let her powers hum to life. Her hair danced around her face as she began to pant, and raised eyes that flashed silver to Kivar’s.

“My name is Tess…not Avaria.”

Liz shut her eyes, but the image of Tess throwing her arms out wide and her head back burnt behind her closed lids. Tess’s powers burst forward in a wall of flames that sprung forwards as a raging inferno and engulfed them both. Liz heard Kivar scream behind her as he caught on fire, and opened her mouth to scream, when she felt a wrenching in her soul, that dropped her from a great height, and a single voice cut through the screams and noise surrounding her…

“LIZ!”

Liz wrenched her eyes open, her scream spilling forth as she started up at her father, who was shaking her by the shoulders. His eyes were wide with fear, and his face pale as he stared down at her. Liz blinked once, then again, as she slowly looked over her father’s shoulder and stared at her mother who was standing in her bedroom doorway, her hand pressed over her mouth and her face pale. Liz wrenched her eyes back to her father, who slowly smoothed her hair back, his voice low and gentle.

“It’s ok baby…it’s just a dream…it’s just a bad dream…”

Jeff and Nancy could only watch in surprise as Liz pushed herself up into a sitting position, her tangled hair swinging around her shoulders as she reached out and touched her father’s face hesitantly. Fear swam in her tear filled eyes, along with pain and misery.

“Daddy?”

Jeff smiled gently, and gathered Liz into his arms as she burst into uncontrollable sobs. He felt the bed shift beside him, and raised his eyes to his wife as she wrapped her arms around her daughter shaking form, her voice low and calm as she spoke.

“It’s ok Liz…it’s ok sweetie…shhhh…come on now…”

Liz only cried harder, her face pressed into her father’s neck as he stroked her hair back down over her shoulders, and pressed soft kisses to his daughter’s temples. Glancing out the window, he watched as dawn spilt over the horizon, and sighed softly as his heart rate slowly returned to normal.

His daughter’s screams had woken him, fear clogging his heart and weighing him down as both he and Nancy had leapt out of bed, and run for their daughter’s room. They had burst into her room, and had spent the next five minutes trying to shake her from the nightmare she was trapped in. now the storm had broken, and they came together as a unit to calm their only child, who was still caught within the recess of her fading dream.

Moments slipped by in the pale dawn light, Liz finally raising her eyes and scrubbing them with the back of her hands. She stared up at her father’s eyes before her brow crinkled slightly, and she blinked.

“Dream?” she whispered softly.

Nancy nodded, and turned her daughter into her arms, where she rested her head against Liz’s.

“Yeah baby. You woke Daddy and I up when you screamed the first time.”

“First time?”

“It took daddy a while to snap you out of it Liz…can you remember what it was about?”

Liz shook her head slightly, even as her mind began to race. Lifting her head, she stared into her mother’s eyes, and spoke softly.

“When are you leaving for Florida?”

Nancy smiled sadly. “Today…. I can stay if you want…” Nancy voiced that line, even though her eyes pleaded with Jeff. Jeff smiled slightly, and nodded his head, even as Liz slid out of bed, her mind still racing as she gestured towards her bathroom.

“I’m…uh…gonna get ready for school. I’ll be down for breakfast soon.”

Jeff and Nancy nodded, and started towards the bedroom door. Nancy paused in the doorway, and called back to Liz.

“Don’t forget you have to pick up the prom pictures tonight Liz...”
kerri240879
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kerri240879 »

Part 102.

Hey guys. I'm sorry this has taken so long, but real life has been giving me the ass kicking of a life time lately. So thankyou for you kindness and patience. I hope you have enjoyed this story. Thank you for reading and for the feedback. It has meant a lot to me. Keep your eyes opened for a new fic in a few months, featuring only Zan and Ava. Cheers: Kerri.

Liz leant against the wall in the shower, her eyes closed in pain as she thought back over her dream. Was it just a dream? It had felt so real…the glance and almost pleading expression on her mother’s face when they spoke about Florida. Her mother’s reminder to pick up the prom pictures that night. She had seen it all before.

Liz sighed and got out of the shower, to start getting ready for school. Looking into her bathroom mirror, she could only stare at her reflection as she searched for the answers to her dream, and could only blink as they suddenly sprung forth.

“God! I’m so stupid!”

She flew into her bedroom, and hurriedly dressed. Grabbing her bag she dashed down stairs, only to stop still when she saw Max sitting in his usual booth. Whole. Gentle eyed. Alive. Liz bit back a small sob as she looked at him, her eyes drifting over Isabel and Michael as they felt her gaze and turned to stare at her. Isabel as aloof as always, Michael closed off and stony walled. Both alive.

As she watched them, she felt as if she was living in a parallel universe. In her dream, Michael had turned back to face Max and snapped at him, which had caused Max to speak in a low voice. Michael had flung his arm out in anger, knocking his coffee cup…

CRASH!

“Jesus Michael! Watch what you are doing! These are designer jeans!”

Even as Isabel hissed the words at Michael, Liz was whispering them to herself, as her face gradually grew paler and paler by the second. She didn’t see Max glance back over at her, his eyes creasing in concern that he tried to fight as he watched her lean against the wall. All she could think was, “That was no dream…it’s gonna come true…”

Max went to stand, only to have her run past him and out the front door. Liz ran as if the very demons of hell were pursuing her, which she thought ironically, they were. She only slowed when she reached her destination, her breath coming in quick gasps. Her knock was quick and sharp, the blinds flipping up moments later, and the window being pushed up.

“God Liz…what do you want?” came the familiar voice, which caused Liz to burst into tears.

Tess could only stare in mute shock as the slender brunette sobbed in front of her, before she found herself holding out her hand and helping Liz into her room. Liz couldn’t help herself; she wrapped her arms around Tess, and rested her head against Tess’s shoulder as sobs wracked her body.

Tess remained still, her eyes wide with shock, before she hesitantly patted Liz on the back, and made a soft hushing sound in the other girl’s ear. It took Liz ten minutes to pull herself together, and when she lifted her head, she saw how confused and uncomfortable Tess was. Liz sighed and took a deliberate step back.

“Liz?”

“I need your help.”

Tess put her hand up, and shook her head.

“Nuh uh…no freakin way Liz. The last time I helped you, I ended up being labeled as a home wrecker by Maria, and having Kyle…no. No way.”

“Tess please…you’re the only one who can help me.”

Tess snorted angrily. “What? You need me to parade myself in a slutty top in front of Max again? Or is it Michael this time?”

Liz shook her head, even as tears streamed down her cheeks.

“Please…everyone’s lives depend on it Tess.”

Tess simply shook her head again slowly, even as her eyes darted towards Kyle who had come to stand in the bedroom doorway. He’d heard Tess’s raised voice, and was surprised to find Liz standing in Tess’s room, her hands spread beseechingly, and her eyes dark with grief.

“What do you mean Liz?” Kyle asked softly. “Is this another one of those ‘I can’t tell you why but I need to use you to make Max think we slept together’ moments?”

Tess swung her head around to face Kyle, her eyes momentarily flashing with confusion, hurt and anger.

“What?”

“We never slept together Tess. Kyle’s right. But yes, it is another one of those things, but I can tell you everything this time.”

“So talk,” Tess said quietly, her eyes darting towards Kyle again, the depths showing misery, hurt and anger that she usually kept hidden. Kyle lowered his gaze, and slowly left them to talk. The pain in Tess's gaze had cut him to the bone, and he was unable to linger while knowing he had hurt her.

Liz spread her hands silently as she sank down onto Tess’s bed, unsure where to start.

“Ummm…. Kivar…ummm…. God. This is harder than I thought,” Liz said softly.

“Liz…just say it,” Tess murmured.

Liz nodded. Raising her gaze, she met Tess’s eyes head on, and blurted it out.

“They all die Tess. Everyone. Only you and I make it to the end.”

“The end of what?”

“Life as we know it. Kivar comes to earth…he kills everyone Tess. Everyone we know. Everyone we love. I've seen it all...I dreamt it all last night.”

Tess paled, her eyes darting back towards the doorway again even as she voiced her disbelief.

“Why would he do that?”

“Because he knows Max healed me. He knows that if he gets me pregnant, the child will bear Max’s seal.”

Tess snorted, even as she eyed Liz warily.

“Uh huh…Kivar wants you. Ok. I need more than that Liz.”

Liz sighed again, and looking up, spoke quietly.

“I know about the deal with him Tess. The one Nasado made.”

Tess blanched, but made no comment, which allowed Liz to hurry on.

“I know about…New York. Why you met there. Who you love. The friends you made...the sister you speak to every few days. They all die Tess."

Tess shook her head again in disbelief, even as her eyes began to glow with understanding. She opened her mouth to speak, but was cut off by an impatient sweep of Liz's hand.

"My father dies Tess! Jim...Amy...Ava dies first...that tips Zan over the edge...it tears him and Jy appart...Jy is murdered by Kivar right in front of us! Don't you understand what I'm saying! I need your help...please...help me...only you have the power to kill him!"

"Oh sure Liz...me...all powerful mindwarper...how do I kill the alien that killed me in a previous life?" Tess spat, starting to get upset herself.

"You draw on your anger...your energy...you let go of your belief, and your full power came out Tess....as a wall of flames...like what you did with the skins, but on a much more powerful scale...it destroyed him!"

Tess swallowed, even as her voice came out softly, and her eyes shadowed over with guilt and grief.

"I can't believe you Liz. I don't have that sort of power...you said it yourself...you dreamt all of this ...and I don't know Ava or Jy or Zan...I can't help you, based only on a dream...I mean...when is this all meant to happen?"

"Tonight...it starts tonight...you...you find me in the park Tess...where Kivar has tried to rape me..."

Tess shook her head again, even as she took a step towards Liz. Liz could only stare at her, before she stumbled from the room with a broken sob. She was on her own. Tess watched her go. And made a choice in life. She pulled her phone out of her pocket, and flipped it open. Dialed a number she knew by heart. And heard a familiar drawl fill her ear.

"Yo…what’s up?”

“You said if I ever needed you…that all I had to do was call...I need you now...how long until you can get here..."

Liz sat through her daily classes, her mind whirling with frantic thoughts. Her teachers and friends noticed how distracted she was, but were unable to pin her down long enough to talk to her. They also noticed that Tess was missing from school, but took no real notice of that. Maria finally caught Liz at her locker as the final bell rang out. Leaning against the locker beside Liz, Maria stared at her best friend intently.

"So...we still on for laughing at these stupid prom pictures after work tonight?"

Liz turned to face her slowly, but as she went to pour her heart out, she caught sight of something that made her blood run cold. Kivar was standing just behind Maria, wearing the human guise he would confront her with later, watching her intently. Liz's eyes widened in distress, her hand clamping down over her mouth to hold her sobs in as she turned and ran in the opposite direction.

Maria ran after Liz, but lost her in the crush of students, and could only stand by as she watched Liz burst through the outer doors, and disappear from sight.

Liz sat out by the lake, and watched as the sun sank for the final time. Life as she knew it was about to change forever. For the hundredth time that day, she wondered why she hadn't gone to Max with this. But in her heart, she knew the answer. She couldn't afford for him to be hurt. She loved him too much for that. After watching Kivar kill him in her dream, she knew she would rather die than watch that happen again. And die she would. She knew it.

Death was her destiny. Max had only given her some time when he saved her life the previous year. With a final sigh, she rose to meet her fate. Her destiny. By God she hated that word. Only this time, she had the upper hand. She would take Kivar's hand in hers, and go with him. And when he least expected it...she would kill him herself. If it was the final thing she ever did...it would be that.

Steeling herself, she started through the park. A small bitter smile crossed her face, and she put a little extra swing into her hips, knowing if sex appeal was her only weapon, she would use it. Max had shown her how in her dreams. Her eyes darted franticly around the park as she approached the tree she knew he hid behind, her step automatically slowing as he stepped out in front of her. Liz lifted her gaze slowly, and tried to swallow her terror as he smirked down at her.

“Hello, beautiful. I’ve been looking for you,” he said cheerfully.

“What do you want?’ she asked quietly.

Kivar smiled. “I can smell your fear,” he murmured, sniffing the air slightly.

Liz smirked slightly, even as every fibre of her being screamed at her to run.

"I know you can...Kivar."

Kivar blinked in surprise, even as he took a step towards her. Liz stood her ground, and lifted eyes burning with hatred to him.

"I am scared of you. I saw what you did to get to me. What you are capable of. Who you killed. All my friends. My family. You hitched a ride in my mother! You destroyed everything and everyone I love! I'd rather die than let you touch me!”

He smiled at that. “You might die yet baby…but not before I’m done…”

Liz lifted her chin again, and stood her ground. "Do your worst," she spat.

"You are done asshole," a new voice hissed, followed by the slap of a hand on flesh. Kivar arched, even as he tried to twist towards the new voice.

Liz’s eyes widened in disbelief as Kivar's back arched, and a strangled scream left his lips. She continued to watch as tiny flames snaked along his arms and wrapped themselves around his chest. He opened his mouth again to scream, only to have flames pour out of his mouth, and join the ones that were quickly turning him into an inhuman torch. He screamed once more, before disintegrating into nothing, leaving a mass swirling ash behind.

As it scattered, Liz watched as Tess swayed once, before collapsing onto the ground. Liz swallowed, and knelt beside the fallen blonde, gently pulling her into her arms and cradling Tess's head in the crook of her arm. With her free hand she searched Tess's coat, and pulled out the phone she found. Opening it, she dialed the Valenti's number, and waited for salvation to find them.

Epilogue.

I found myself today
Oh I found myself and ran away
But something pulled me back
The voice of reason I forgot I had
All I know is you're not here to say
What you always used to say
But it's written in the sky tonight

Tess woke slowly. A crinkle of her nose. A soft snort. And her eyes slowly opened. Her room was dark, the blinds drawn over. Her throat was sore, and her whole body ached. A weak cough erupted from her lips, and she watched as a dark figure stood up from where they had been sitting in a chair in the darkness. A lamp snapped on, Tess blinking at the sudden light as she watched as Liz sat beside her on the bed.

So I won't give up
No I won't break down
Sooner than it seems life turns around
And I will be strong
Even if it all goes wrong
When I'm standing in the dark I'll still believe
Someone's watching over me

Liz reached out and laid her hand on Tess's brow, relieved to find the fever had finally broken. Tess whimpered softly at the gentle coolness, and turned her face further into Liz's hand. Reaching out with her other hand, Liz gently swept Tess's messy hair back, and smiled gently down at Tess. Tess blinked owlishly up at her, only to blink in surprise when Liz brushed a gentle kiss over her forehead.

Seen that ray of light
And it's shining on my destiny
Shining all the time
And I wont be afraid
To follow everywhere it's taking me
All I know is yesterday is gone
And right now I belong
To this moment to my dreams

"Welcome back," she whispered.

"What happened?"

Liz smiled once more, and spoke softly.

"You killed him Tess. You saved me. You've been unconscious for a week now."

Tess blinked again, and watched as Liz licked her lips.

"In my dream Tess, you offered to help me live in a world that had changed for me. You offered me friendship...now I offer you the same."

Tess smiled slightly, only to look towards the door as it swung open, and a familiar figure bounced through, and threw themselves dramatically onto her bed, his green eyes flashing with mischief.

"Good...ya awake...Serena won't let me bounce on her Tess...she said she is still holding out from last time I was here...ya gotta help me babe! I'm gettin hornier and hornier as da days go by! Be a good cuz and help a guy out!"

So I won't give up
No I won't break down
Sooner than it seems life turns around
And I will be strong
Even if it all goes wrong
When I'm standing in the dark I'll still believe
Someone's watching over me.

Liz and Tess exchanged looks, their combined laughter ringing out, pure and true. It bought the others to the door, causing Liz to glance up. Max was watching her, hope shining in his expressive eyes. It made her smile. They were a way off yet, but they would find thier way back to each other. The same as Kyle and Tess would find each other soon. But in the mean time...Liz looked back over at Tess and smiled once more.

Redemption found. A friendship formed. A bond that would last forever...destiny or no destiny. They had made thier choice...with each other.

The end.

I know I've left it up in the air about Max and Liz, but this was never about them. This was about Liz and Tess. So I hope you enjoyed this...thanks again.