What's Your Favorite Type of Fic to read?

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Heavenli24
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Heavenli24 »

1. Do you like AU or Regular fics? I like both, but I've been reading more AU fics than regular recently because there are some really good stories around at the moment.

2. Are you into CC or UC? Tell me your favorite couple. CC. I don't really like UC, although I have read the odd Liz/Zan fic, but since Max and Zan orinitaed from the same person, they don't seem so much like a UC couple to me.

3. Do you like crossovers and slash fics? The only crossover fics I've read are Kiss the Flame/Rope the Wind by Ashton. Other than that I don't really read crossovers or slash fics.

4. If you have a rating preference, what is it? I'm open to all ratings. I'm not easily offended, so everything goes.

5. What was the first fic you read, the author, where it was located, the rating, the couple, and what did you think of it? I don't remember the very first fic I read, I abbs007's Undercover was one of the first, along with most of the older fics by Kath7/Breathless/Rosdeidre/Tasfya/Abblebylicious/Deejonaise and others.

6. Do you write fanfiction or just read it? If you write, please tell me some fics you've written so I can go read them; if you don't write, try it! No one's mean here, so you have nothing to worry about. It's fun and you can get writing pointers. How do you think I learned? I decided to try my hand at writing fic about 5 months ago. I was pretty good at English in high school and considered getting into writing or journalism, but ended up studying Physics at university, so I decided to try fanfic to brush up my writing skills.

So far I have written/am writing:

Lean On Me and it's sequel I'll Never Let You Go
The Homework Assignment
Late Night Thoughts and it's companion piece Early Morning Musings
You Can Always Count On Me

7. Who's your favorite character and why? I'm not sure that I have a favourite character (although I do like season 1 Max :) ). I like various aspects of each character and the way that they interact with each other ( e.g. Michael/Maria and Max/Liz in season 1, Kyle/Tess in season 2, Max/Michael in season 3 etc.)

8. What's your favorite quote from a fic? I can't think of a favourite quote off the top of my head - I tend to remember the atmosphere of the stories rather than specific quotes.

9. What's your favorite fic and why? The are so many great fics, but at the moment, my favourite is No Regrets by Blue*Soul. Although it's set in Roswell, it's obviously written from a British point of view and so effectively captures the essence of British university life that everytime I read it, I get so caught up that I wish I was back at university and living the life that Liz has in this fic.

10. How long have you been reading fanfiction on this site and how often do you come? I found this site in October 2004, just after buying all 3 seasons on DVD. Although I had been reading Buffy/Angel fanfic since 2001, the stories (both CC and AU) on this site were so well written and imaginative that I got completely sucked in! I'm on here every day now!
DaisyMae24
Addicted Roswellian

Post by DaisyMae24 »

1. Do you like AU or Regular fics? I prefer regular fics but I do enjoy the occaisonal AU. I guess it all depends on my mood that day.
2. Are you into CC or UC? Tell me your favorite couple. I like reading both. I like mainly CC but I enjoy reading polar fiction too. My favorite CC couple is Michael/Maria and my favorite UC couple is Michael/Liz
3. Do you like crossovers and slash fics? I love crossovers but I'm not much on Slash fics
4. If you have a rating preference, what is it? I like all ratings. No particular one is my favorite
5. What was the first fic you read, the author, where it was located, the rating, the couple, and what did you think of it? Hmmm....that's a toughie. I don't remember
6. Do you write fanfiction or just read it? If you write, please tell me some fics you've written so I can go read them; if you don't write, try it! No one's mean here, so you have nothing to worry about. It's fun and you can get writing pointers. How do you think I learned? Yes I write as well as read. I'm currently working on two crossovers one is called I'm Losing You and the other is Changing Destiny. I'm also working on a fic with Dreamer393 and am going to be starting a Christmas Fic soon
7. Who's your favorite character and why? My favorite character is Maria because I'm alot like her in so many ways
8. What's your favorite quote from a fic? hmmm....no particular favorite
9. What's your favorite fic and why? I don't have any one favorite. I like them all
10. How long have you been reading fanfiction on this site and how often do you come? Ever since I joined and I come here everyday
Jessi Mae

XxPolarxChicxX

Post by XxPolarxChicxX »

1. Do you like AU or Regular fics?

i love both

2. Are you into CC or UC? Tell me your favorite couple.

im more uc but i do enjoy both
Fave CC is prolly Alex and Isabel
but Fave UC is definitly Michael and liz

3. Do you like crossovers and slash fics?

crossovers are fun to read. im not a huge fan of slash
but i read them fom time to time

4. If you have a rating preference, what is it?

i dont really have one but i tend to read the mature stories

5. What was the first fic you read, the author, where it was located, the rating, the couple, and what did you think of it?

if im remember it corectly the first fic i read was Ring around the desk by
to_kiss_a_frog CC adult here at roswellfanatics and i thought it was really good

6. Do you write fanfiction or just read it? If you write, please tell me some fics you've written so I can go read them; if you don't write, try it! No one's mean here, so you have nothing to worry about. It's fun and you can get writing pointers. How do you think I learned?

i used to just read but ive started posting a story called memories
on the UC board and ive started writting some others that i will post
eventually

7. Who's your favorite character and why?

id have to say liz was my fave girl and
Michael was my fave guy character

8. What's your favorite quote from a fic?

has to be this one from drogyn's We hate men
Great!", Tess said when he was gone, "You scared him away"

"Who? Us?", Maria said, not quite believing her own ears.

"No, the royal army of Switzerland…. yes, you!", Tess shouted

"Switzerland has an army?", Isabel asked herself softly causing her to chuckle

9. What's your favorite fic and why?

my favorite fic had to absolutly be finding ulysseys
i read and it converted me like immediatly i love it
i still re-read it from time to time

10. How long have you been reading fanfiction on this site and how often do you come?

aorund 5 months and im the site at least once a day
what can i say i love it here :D
Majandria
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Majandria »

I like better regular fics, when the characters are alike the show's ones.

I am so into CC, my favourite couple is Michael and Maria but I aslo like Max and Liz. The only UC couple I admit is Max/Tess

Slash fics... just for fun why not ? But I am not really into that since I am CC fan. I don't like crossover ;)

I don't have one, I just don't like when it's too much violence or sex...

5. What was the first fic you read, the author, where it was located, the rating, the couple, and what did you think of it?

The first fic I read here was "the offer" by misha, located in CC couples, all. And the rating is Teen I think. I really liked it and enjoyed reading it. I read the whole story yesterday night :P I loved the way Michael acted because he was so like in the show, and it was realist.

6. Do you write fanfiction or just read it? If you write, please tell me some fics you've written so I can go read them; if you don't write, try it! No one's mean here, so you have nothing to worry about. It's fun and you can get writing pointers. How do you think I learned?

I write fan fics... but in french actually. I don't feel like translating them in english yet because English isn't my mother tong and I am affraid that no one could understand what I was suppose to say :lol: So you'll have to wait to see fics of mine here... maybe one or 2 years :P

My fav character ever is Michael because he is the most intersting the me. The one who changed and matured the mos during the show. He is true, his feelings are true and he has a big pure heart behind his stonewall. Psychologically he is the one who intrigate me the most, he doesn't say things, he shows things. And he listens to great music :D

from the offer :
about Michael

Max : “Is he okay? Can you tell?”

Maria : “Well, if you call pissed off and scared to death okay, then he’s fine.”

Ask me the question again in 2 months from now... my favourite fic for the moment is "the offer" but it's the only one I read! :lol: but I really really love it :P

10. How long have you been reading fanfiction on this site and how often do you come?

Since yesterday and I come everyday since lol
RavenSprite
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: Somewhere I have never traveled, gladly beyond any experience

Post by RavenSprite »

Wow, I came into this late. But, here I go.

It really depends on the author to me, and their way of telling a story or what it is about. If the content, story-telling, or mere idea of it is gripping, I can suspend belief and take AU.

On the show, I like CC just fine. Fic-wise, I find them to be very boring with certain exceptions. I adore Max and Liz, for example, when it is written by Caelan or the like. Otherwise I can't really read them. They just don't do anything for me. I guess I like the controversy lol.

Love Crossovers. It's generally all I write. I love the show and the theme of it on its own when I was watching it, but being able to write and explore different worlds and having them meet and endeavoring in their reactions to me, is the most entertaining.

Slash, however, I can't really stomach. It's just my personal preference. Because while I can definitely believe OOC with good writing and situations, I couldn't really see any of the characters, at their core, in slash.

I don't particularly have one.

Let's see if I remember... I think the first fic I ever read, and by pure casualty, was Downfall by Breathless. It was Max and Liz, which I sometimes - very rarely - have a soft spot for, since I loved them Season One. And it was so gripping, and so dark, and I believed her characters so intensely, I just kept venturing in the to fandom.

I write fanfiction, usually crossovers involving Liz/Alec, though I am writing a Liz/Khivar fic that crosses over as well. I once ventured into CC and wrote a Max and Liz fic called Shattered Pieces which was AU without aliens.

One would think it would be Liz, since I write her the most and love her pairings but it actually isn't. For the males, my favorite would have to be Kyle. And female, is actually Tess with Isabel lingering very close behind. I love layers, and I love characters that strive and fall and stagger but are fierce to remain standing. There were times I detested Liz, Max, Maria in Roswell and times I couldn't stomach or watch them. But I was always compelled with Kyle, Tess, and Isabel, even when Tess' character was assassinated completely to fit the mold of a plot coming out of some very bad fanfic.

Man, there are so many. I think it's by Calinia though, when Liz remembers Max asking her what's so great about normal, and she replies, in present time, "Everything, Max."

I usually change throughout the months. I love works by elfangel01, Calinia, they are great writers. Unconventional Couple, I think my favorite has to be by Peachykin, and its Finding Ulysses. It was the first time I really wanted to explore the Michael/Liz relationship. For CC, it's still Convergence by Caelan.

I think I've been writing for about two years now - I think, lol. And I used to come every day but now, with work and studies and whatnot, I try to venture at least once every week or two.
*°*Glo*°*
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: Roswell, New Mexico... (I'm Italian and damn proud of it ^^)

Post by *°*Glo*°* »

Regular.

Definitely CC. I am a Dreamer.
I could tolerate UC if M/L were not apart, but I don't feel comfortable.

Not so much.

I don't have it.

My first fanfic was "Max with Chocolate on Top", located at Crashdown, but now I don't remember the author, sorry :oops: I'll come back to credit. I read the translation of it in Italian, my language.
I thought it was hot and fun to read. And it started my addiction.

I read and I'm trying to write one, but I have a major block years-long. I write in Italian.

Liz is my favourite character on the show, but my favourite character on fanfic (to read and to write) is Max. I'm in love with his history. With hers too, but I think the mystery part of Max is something I could not resist to explore more and more.

I've too many. I'll come back to say at least one.

I think "Captive Hearts" by Breathless is my fav. It's a novel and I appreciated the way she built her characters so solid, so true and so canonish. I loved the story.

I come everytime I feel the urge to read, when the flame revives :) I was only lurking for years.
+++Image+++
Stargazing Dreamer|CCer|Zanatic&Maxaholic
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

I like both but I'm more into Regular,but not by much

Once again I like both but I'm more into CC.Kyle and Tess all the way!

Yes

If the story is good I'll take any rating there is

Ok I'm guessing you mean first Roswell fic, It was called New Enemies, New Alliances, Love Rekindled.It was done by Ian K.It can be found at Fanfiction.net,it's PG,it's a Stargazing story but M/M,M/L and K/T factor heavy in it.It's also a Stargate Crossover story.Other than the fact the author has stopped updating I love it.

I've got a story out here that I was surprised on the positive feedback I got on it.It's called A Small Look Into Roswell Fanfiction.

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopic.php?t=12031

Tess! She's HOT.

In the Roswell story They Are Back,the Pod Squad comes back to Earth after being gone for five years.Although no one knew at the time Kyle and Tess had became a couple right before she had to leave.So when the group comes back they all crash at rich Alex's huge house.Tess and Kyle while trying to patch things up between them fall asleep on the sofa with Tess laying on top of Kyle.This is how a stunned Max finds them the next morning and.....well here's the line from the story.

The next surprise was to see Kyle and Tess in the living room. They had fallen asleep on the couch. Actually Kyle was lying on the couch and Tess was lying on top of Kyle. Max was a little shocked to see them like this. He could only guess where Kyle’s right hand was… You definitely don’t sleep like this if you only see each other as brother and sister. At least Max didn’t do this with Isabel. But he decided to let them explain the details when they wake up

Sorry but I have two fav's.Still Yours by K.K.Why? I loved the first Highlander movie and the tv show of the same name.Plus any story that has an alive Alex is great.

My second is Blind Date 3 by vegas312.I'm a lamptrimmer so I love any story that gets Kyle and Tess together.

I'm new to fanfiction so I'd say about three years.And I come here maybe twice a day.How long I stay during those two times *shrug* that depends on the mood I'm in and if I have nothing to do at the time. :lol:
Last edited by killjoy on Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POM

Post by POM »

1. Do you like AU or Regular fics? I like them both but I usually read AU.

Oh, I am so the CC fan--I can deal with some UC but not for the whole story. I'm a Dreamer so obviously I love stories that revolve around M/L.

I like some crossover fictions but not slash

4. If you have a rating preference, what is it? I mainly stick to Mature--but in the end it just ends up being y-teen.

5. What was the first fic you read, the author, where it was located, the rating, the couple, and what did you think of it? It was on here I believe, definately a M/L type of story--I don't remember the actual author or fiction, but what I do know is that If I'm still posting, then it's saying that I'm still reading.

I write and read the stories.

Earth No More

The Phrophecy

Unreachable

Love between Time Lines co author Dreamer _Dreaming

No Ordinary Love <---- COMPLETED

Other fictions in the works

I have two...M/L but if I had to pick one it would be hard because the characters play off eachother, and without the other...the other is not whole. I love how there chemistry is so spellbound that it leaves everyone captivated, and wanting more in the end.

sorry don't have one at this time.

I mainly love all fictions that consist M/L as a definate CC!! I know that dosen't really narrow it down to any specific number but that's the best I can do for the time being.

Since I joined in May 04' and come by at least 4-8 times a day, if I can. What can I say, I'm an addictive Dreamer fiction reader with apparently no life!! :lol:
Mely
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Mely »

1. Do you like AU or Regular fics? I love AUs. It's fun to see what would happen with the characters we know in diferent situations, I find that it brings more to the story if you don't imediatly know whats going to happen.

2. Are you into CC or UC? Tell me your favorite couple. Both, kind of. I read mostly Candy, but the rest of my prefered pairings (in fics at least) are UC.

3. Do you like crossovers and slash fics? I like crossovers if they make sense and don't spend the entire story making Liz into a superhero.

4. If you have a rating preference, what is it? I don't have any preference in ratings.

It wasn't a Roswell fic. It was Dark Angel, on fanfiction.net, and I can't remember the rest :P

6. Do you write fanfiction or just read it? Both, but not of Roswell yet.

7. Who's your favorite character and why? Michael: because he is the most complex, the one that has much more going on under the surface and not because of the life he has but because of how he acts and thinks.

8. What's your favorite quote from a fic? Can't remember one right now.

9. What's your favorite fic and why? Tempestuos by Belit. Because it's amazing and I can read it again and again without getting sick of it.

10. How long have you been reading fanfiction on this site and how often do you come? I found this site a couple of months ago, lurk a litle and I just joined.
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Crashdown_51 »

1. Do you like AU or Regular fics? To read, I seem to be more attracted to CC types.

2. Are you into CC or UC? Tell me your favorite couple. I'm like 90%-10% about the couples lol. 90% being CC, like Max and Liz, Michael and Maria, but the 10% I find myself on the Polarist side shipping for Michael and Liz sometimes.

3. Do you like crossovers and slash fics? Haven't read neither, but I've made a few banners for some though. For the crossover, it's harder to get into the fic when you don't watch the shows that are being crossed-over with Roswell.

4. If you have a rating preference, what is it? Doesn't matter to me. But from the handful I've read, they seem to be in the MATURE-rating arena.

5. What was the first fic you read, the author, where it was located, the rating, the couple, and what did you think of it? Easy. It was Convergence by Calaen in the CC section; Max/Liz related. It's not completed, but I love the chemistry between Max and Liz.

6. Do you write fanfiction or just read it? If you write, please tell me some fics you've written so I can go read them; if you don't write, try it! No one's mean here, so you have nothing to worry about. It's fun and you can get writing pointers. How do you think I learned? I write more than I read. At the moment, the one's that seem to be popular are Strangers Again (AU-no aliens; M/L; Mature) that I'm currently writing, and Carve Your Heart Out (AU-No Aliens; M/L; Adult) that me and Lizard_Queen are currently writing, but my favorite is The Perfect Stranger (AU-No Aliens; M/L; Mature) - that I'm also currently writing.

7. Who's your favorite character and why? Even though I'm more keen to write about Max or Liz, my favorite characters are Michael and Maria. They have my personality, my sarcasm, so it's easy to relate and easy to write them.

8. What's your favorite quote from a fic? Hmmm, don't know any off hand. :cry:

9. What's your favorite fic and why? Convergence by Calaen. Again because it has all the qualities I like in a fic, confusion (which it has plenty of), tension between Max and Liz, well written, and a splash of sci-fi.

10. How long have you been reading fanfiction on this site and how often do you come? I come to RF practically like almost everyday (when my computer's not in the fritz that is), checking out the Multimedia thread or checking to see if anyone's updated. How long have I been reading?? Hmmm, good question. I guess when I signed up, which was....checking.....28 Jul 2004. :shock: Wow, two years. Doesn't feel like it though. Eh.
<center>Image
***Click on banner to get to my author's page***</center>