What's Your Favorite Type of Fic to read?

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

POM

Post by POM »

1. Do you like AU or Regular fics? AU :D
2. Are you into CC or UC? Tell me your favorite couple. CC
3. Do you like crossovers and slash fics? CO
4. If you have a rating preference, what is it? Mature
5. What was the first fic you read, the author, where it was located, the rating, the couple, and what did you think of it? I don't really remember but I know it was CC, M/L, Adult, it was on MediaBlvd Fanatics? I thought it was good.
6. Do you write fanfiction or just read it? both
If you write, please tell me some fics you've written so I can go read them; if you don't write, try it! No one's mean here, so you have nothing to worry about. It's fun and you can get writing pointers. How do you think I learned?
Earth No More: M/L AU
The prohecy: M/L AU

7. Who's your favorite character and why? M/L cuz I'm a die hard Dreamer Fanatic!! :D8. What's your favorite quote from a fic? Don't have one
9. What's your favorite fic and why? Don't have one-- Love them all the same.
10. How long have you been reading fanfiction on this site and how often do you come? I've been a member since April 2005 and been comming back almost 4 times a day ;)
83 AlienAngel
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: I never got my letter to Hogwarts... So I'm moving to Forks to live with the Cullens

Post by 83 AlienAngel »

Hello Image

1. Do you like AU or Regular fics?
I lean more towards AU fics because of the different places, and time setting. Everything can't just happen in Roswell, New Mexico. I also like regular fics.

2. Are you into CC or UC? Tell me your favorite couple.

CC, give me the Dreamers M/L, Candies M/M, Stargazers A/I, & Rebounders K/T. I won't have it any other way. Favorite couple Max Evans & Liz Parker Soulmate Forever.
ImageImage

3. Do you like crossovers and slash fics?
I don't really care for crossover, I've only read maybe on or two. Slash Fics, I've read a few, but its not my cup of tea.

4. If you have a rating preference, what is it?
No preference, It really doesn’t matter to me. The love making scenes are a little steamy, I say bring it on. lol

5. What was the first fic you read, the author, where it was located, the rating, the couple, and what did you think of it?
After Vegas ////Author: Ginger //// Web Site: Crashdown.com/fanfic/ //// Rating: NC-17 //// Couples: CC, but focused on Max & Liz. It is one of my favorites. It begins where the episode Viva Las Vegas ends, after reading this fic that was how I wish the episode really ended. The author left it a cliffhanger. I hope that it will be completed one day.

6. Do you write fanfiction or just read it? If you write, please tell me some fics you've written so I can go read them; if you don't write, try it! No one's mean here, so you have nothing to worry about. It's fun and you can get writing pointers. How do you think I learned?
I’m not a writer, more of a reader. Image

7. Who's your favorite character and why?
Max Evans & Liz Parker, they seem the strongest characters (I'm not knocking the others down I like them all, yes even Tess...sometimes). But Max & Liz brought everyone together, and keep things in order when certain things go flying off. They sacrificed a lot to be together, but in the end they did say "I Do".
Also the parents are cool. Image

8. What's your favorite quote from a fic?
I've read so may fanfic stories, It is tough to pick a favorite.

9. What's your favorite fic and why?
Same answer to question above. But if I had to pick my all time favorite it would have to be the Antar to Earth and Back series By Majikmoon

10. How long have you been reading fanfiction on this site and how often do you come?
I have been a member of this site since February 05, but I have been reading fics since January 02. I come on this site a often as I can, and I love it.

83 Alien Angel
Last edited by 83 AlienAngel on Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luzser1800
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luzser1800 »

AU is my fave cuz the alien stuff sometimes confuses me. But depending on how it's written, Regular can be really good 2.

CC definitely. The crossed couples are just weird for me to see and Max & Tess make me sick. ML are my favorite couple by far.

I've never actually read a crossover, but I just might do that today. Slash is okay, but I'll only read it if it ends up as CC.

NC-17 cuz they have more freedom with what they write about. The nookie isn't bad either! :wink: But PG-13 and R can also be really good.

5. What was the first fic you read, the author, where it was located, the rating, the couple, and what did you think of it?

My 1st fic was Uninvited by CharlieJ. It was NC-17 on the Crashdown.com. It was Max & Liz and it was completely heart-wrenching, but I loved it all the same and I still read it over and over to this day.

6. Do you write fanfiction or just read it? If you write, please tell me some fics you've written so I can go read them; if you don't write, try it! No one's mean here, so you have nothing to worry about. It's fun and you can get writing pointers. How do you think I learned?

I spend most of my time as a lurker, unfortunately. I just don't want anyone to misunderstand the feedback so I tend not to leave any, but I will start writing fb soon. I've just embarked on the writing phase of being a fanatic. My fics are:

Can't Make U Luv Me (complete)
viewtopic.php?t=9791&highlight=

Making U Luv Me (sequel, WIP)
viewtopic.php?t=9868&highlight=

Camoflauged Passion (WIP)
viewtopic.php?t=10275&highlight=

S1 was Liz. She has so many levels and just the type of girl you could hang out with and have fun and then discuss important things over ice cream. S2, Michael & Maria were really the only good thing about it. S3 was Max cuz I think that was the best he had looked throughout the show.

I can't think under pressure! :cry:

Although I hold a special place in my heart for the first fic I've ever read, Breathless's fic, Aftermath got me hooked on fanfiction and this site. Maxeo & Lizziet is still my favorite to read over and over again, never growing tired of it. I honestly wish it was a movie so I could get the DVD. :D

10. How long have you been reading fanfiction on this site and how often do you come?

I've been reading since Breathless was still updating Aftermath. I'm an addict. I'm here everyday...lurking... :twisted:
Topy458
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Topy458 »

1. Do you like AU or Regular fics? I'm into regular fics, but mostly AU
2. Are you into CC or UC? CC
3. Do you like crossovers and slash fics? Neihter. I tried reading a crossover fic and just couldn't get into it
4. If you have a rating preference, what is it? Not really. If it holds my attention and keeps me wanting more, i'll read it regardless of its rating.
5. What was the first fic you read, the author, where it was located, the rating, the couple, and what did you think of it? 'A Malevolent Wish Come True' by rie482. It's CC/ML/teen. I had never read Roswell fan fiction before and this story got me hooked!
6. Do you write fanfiction or just read it? Just read it...I wouldn't do the characters justice. I'll leave the stories to the great writters here at Roswell Fanatics.
If you write, please tell me some fics you've written so I can go read them; if you don't write, try it! No one's mean here, so you have nothing to worry about. It's fun and you can get writing pointers. How do you think I learned?
7. Who's your favorite character and why? Max all the way! He's just so cute and adorable. Even after the entire mess of season 2 & 3, he's still me love! He's the main reason I first watched the show...:lol:
8. What's your favorite quote from a fic? There's too many to remember.
9. What's your favorite fic and why? There's so many good ones. I'll always remember my first fic, but I'm always checking for updates on my other favorites like 'Denial Ain't Just A River', 'Anonymous' and 'Happenstance'.
10. How long have you been reading fanfiction on this site and how often do you come? I joined in June of 2005 and I'm usually on site at least once a day :lol:
*The Future Is What You Make Of It*
MsBlueIce
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by MsBlueIce »

1. Do you like AU or Regular fics? AU

2. Are you into CC or UC? Tell me your favorite couple. CC Max and Liz.

3. Do you like crossovers and slash fics? yes

4. If you have a rating preference, what is it? I really don't have one.

5. What was the first fic you read, the author, where it was located, the rating, the couple, and what did you think of it? I don't remember.

6. Do you write fanfiction or just read it? If you write, please tell me some fics you've written so I can go read them; if you don't write, try it! No one's mean here, so you have nothing to worry about. It's fun and you can get writing pointers. How do you think I learned? I co-wrote Sometimes Love Can Make It Better.

7. Who's your favorite character and why? Kyle, he is funny as hell. He is the kind of guy I would love to hang out with.

8. What's your favorite quote from a fic? "You, off my planet."

9. What's your favorite fic and why? I have two. Own Me and Our Story by Jasper. Noah is so cute in it and I love how Max and Liz are with each other.

10. How long have you been reading fanfiction on this site and how often do you come? Since season two. I come here every morning before school.
[/i]
Thank you Aura Guerin for the banner.
http://pinkdreams8688.proboards79.com/index.cgi
Coccy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Coccy »

AU cos it's hard to write a decent and canon regular, no offense but most of authors ruin the characters. I hate OOC (out of characters ff)

I'm a conventionalist and my fav are Max and Liz.
I hate uc cos if I want to read a FF i want it to be about what I've seen in the show not an "original" story. (for example Michael and Liz..OMG :lol: ...or Sean and Liz, Maria and Max, Max and Tess! ewww :x )
If I want to read a story totally different I can read a book no? ;) you have only to change the names. :wink:

no.. slash are uc and I hate uc. crossovers are boring for me... Z_z

mhm I must to confess that since my fave ff are all nc-17 (adult) this one is my fav rating. :D maybe the best is mature ;)

I don't remember. :lol: *thinking* maybe "the experiment" by live translated in italian ^^ It's one of the most beautiful, canon story that I have ever read. *__*

I'm italian so here I just read ff cos I can't write a story in english. I write some but are in italian ^^

Max Evans cos he's sweet, caring, protettive, passionate, romantic, sexy.. awwwwwwww
I just love his character, he's the one that in 3 season was always in trouble and he's active and interesting.
M&L are the strongest characters for me.

Now I don't remember one in particular..There's too many to remember.
In this moment I think about these from "Captive hearts":

“It’s Matthew!” Max admitted with a cringe.
“Matthew?” Liz said in astonishment. “What about Matthew?”
“He’s staring at me!” Max blurted out and Liz gawked at him in amazement. His hands hovered in front of her belly and he rushed on,
“He’s right there, just staring at me and it feels like he’s saying ‘What do you think you’re doing Dad?’”
and then after same time in another cap. she said to him:
Smiling impishly, Liz said, “She says we can’t have sex anymore. You dented Matthew’s head.”
it's soo funny!!! ImageImageImage

"Captive hearts" by breathless. Cos she's the only one that can write a canon ff.

since 2 years. I came her 3 or 4 times for week.
"You're what would bring me back.
Even if my molecules were spread out from here to whatever galaxy my home planet is in,
that wouldn't stop me. All my molecules would be like little homing pigeons.
They'd all zoom to you, and then I'd re-form." - Max Evans; Roswell High - The Watcher
Dreamer Idolatry - M&L community || My arts
gnrkrystle
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by gnrkrystle »

I like either...i think my favorite might be AU, but i do love regular fics as well...

Ok you are all going to hate me, but i dont care UC all the way...if i'm going to read a CC couple it HAS to be M/M or K/T...but my favorite couples are: Max/Maria, Kyle/Maria, Kyle/Isabel, Maria/Isabel, and Maria/Tess

I'm not a HUGE fan of crossovers generally becuase i'm not a fan of the shows that people write into Roswell. But if it is a good show along with Roswell, than i'll read it...i love Slash, my fav Slash couples are: Michael/Max, Kyle/Michael, Maria/Tess, Maria/Isabel, and Tess/isabel

NC-17 is my favorite, but i read others...i'm not a fan of G or PG, nothing gets accomplished in G and PG fics in my opinion

My first fic, ironically was a Polar fic (that is ironic becuase i really dont like polar...ok i'm being nice, i HATE it), it was Stripped NC-17, and i read it right here on roswellfanatics.net

I do infact write...i have a whole bunch, ALL UC...well actually i do have 2 M/M stories...some of my favs that i've written are "The City that Never Sleeps," "Second Chance at the First Time" and "Lost in You"

My favorite character is Maria all the way...she was such an amazing friend to the selfish and max-obsessed Liz. She was a great girlfriend to Michael even when he treated her like crap. She was the stong one of the bunch along with my other fav character Kyle. Without Kyle and Maria Max and LIz would have surly screwed up worse than they already did...

Hmmmmm That 's tough...i dont think i could decided

My favorite fic is Stimulation by April in the Completed Fanfics section of this site (it's candy)

I've been reading for about 8 months and i come to this site probably 10 times a day lol ;)
Check out my Author's Thread: viewtopic.php?t=13258
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

Wow, I was just reading my answers to this survey (which I posted almost a year ago, and realized that a lot of my answers have changed since then, so I'm going to fill it out again. ;)

1. Do you like AU or Regular fics? Both, though I prefer regular.

2. Are you into CC or UC? Tell me your favorite couple. Both, though I think I lean a little more towards UC. Favorite CC couples ar Max/Liz and Kyle/Tess, and favorite UC couples are Kyle/Isabel and Max/Maria.

3. Do you like crossovers and slash fics? Not as much as others, but I do read them if they're well written.

4. If you have a rating preference, what is it? No preference really, I'll read pretty much any rating.

5. What was the first fic you read, the author, where it was located, the rating, the couple, and what did you think of it? "The Bitter Dregs" by Tasyfa on RosDeidre's board. It's M/L, rated PG, a series of vignettes based on some false spoilers for the series finale. It's an amazing fic... it made me laugh and cry and keep coming back for more. At the time that I read it, I wasn't really into fanfiction at all, and I don't even know what made me decide to sit down and read this particular one. But I did, and I loved it, and I haven't looked back since. ;)

6. Do you write fanfiction or just read it? If you write, please tell me some fics you've written so I can go read them; if you don't write, try it! No one's mean here, so you have nothing to worry about. It's fun and you can get writing pointers. How do you think I learned? I write and read, though I read more. I have five fics so far - 2 In Crowder stories ("Look of Love" and "One Moment of Ecstasy") and 3 Lamptrimmer stories ("Nothing to Lose," "Everything to Gain," and "I Could Have Loved You"). And I have a Stargazer story that I'll be posting next week for the Stargazer Day Challenge.

7. Who's your favorite character and why? Kyle. He's the perfect comic relief, but can be serious when he needs to be. He would do anything for those that he cares about. He tries to be a tough guy, but inside he's really insecure and vulnerable, I think. I love him.

8. What's your favorite quote from a fic? No idea. :lol:

9. What's your favorite fic and why? Anything by Midwest Max. Her stories are amazing. They're heartfelt, suspenseful, and she writes the characters to perfection.

10. How long have you been reading fanfiction on this site and how often do you come? I've been reading on RF for... a year and half, maybe? I come several times a day... it's a problem really. :lol:
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”

pLANETv33n3ss
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pLANETv33n3ss »

I like AU, although i do occasionally indulge in the regular/canon section, but really 4 someone who really got hooked on the show end of season 2 i fell more in love with the characters than the story line...

CC is of course my fave but uc can be alright depending on who's involved (i thought isabel n kyle would've made a cute couple, but i still love jesse n alex respectively)
My fave couple is of course M/L but i love M/M as well

errr not really, jst not my thing

nah as long as the writings good, i dnt really care

my first fic i think was undercover - abbs007 on ishallbelieveinml.com ... great dreamer story so i loved it of course, i think it was nc-17

iv attempted writing fics but i seem 2 have the attention span of a 2 yr old & easily gt bored... plus its the end of the school year on my side of the world so things've been hectic & if i write it means i have no time 2 read... (thats my xcuse 4 being lazy:D )

i have six.... hehe, Max, Liz, Maria, Mikel, Isabel & Kyle ... dnt make me choose

"Lemme guess," I say, "Your home planet called and they want their ears back." - Liz 2 Max - spin - incognito

... probably spin - incognito, it was one of the first au with aliens i read and all the characters were jst so darn cute in it,

only discovered this site lyk 2 months ago but iv visited lyk everyday since... wat can i say? i need professional help hehe :lol:
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

Out of those two I like Regular/canon fics, even though I like AU I don't actively seek out an AU story. If I come across one that looks interesting I'll check it out but that's it.

I'm a UC girl all the way. CC was boring to me, it had nothing to do with the author's who were writing it, it was just I'd seen it on the show and I wanted to see something else. There are so many UC couples I love but my top 5 are Liz/Alec, Mi/L, L/Khivar, Kyle/Faith, and L/Dean.

Crossovers are my favorite, you're not limited to the Roswell world, it's fabulous. And I only like F/F slash, never got into the M/M.

NC-17/Adult is where I'm most likely to read but I also love R/Mature and PG-13/Teen. Every once in a while I'll read a PG/YTeen or G/Child but it has to be by an author I really like or have a really good summary.

The first fic I remember reading was Memory of Her by Peachykin at Polar Attraction it's a Mi/L and I loved it. It was fantastic and read it as often as I can.

Yes I write ff, most of it's XO's, there are some Polar and Jumper thrown in there. Some of my fics are AWA: Journey of Discovery, One Night Stand to Something More, Date with Destiny, and The Havoc Series.

My favorite character is Liz because I identified with her the most. Other fav characters are Michael, Kyle, and Tess.

Off the top of my head I can't remember a quote.

Anything by Calinia, Ravensprite, elfangel01, Peachykin, DarkVixen, or Littlebit. These ladies are so talented it's hard to pick just one of their works that I love.

I've been reading ff since Oct. 03' and I come here almost everyday.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee