When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

RoswellOracle
Addicted Roswellian

Re: When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thr

Post by RoswellOracle »

True, she was holding a stone, but it didn't show it glowing like the other stones, and she wasn't chanting either. RiverDog told her she couldn't stop the flow of healing. Could she have appeared in the vision because she was simply touching a stone, possibly, but it always seemed to me like there was something else going on there.
The world is full of stories, and from time to time,
they permit themselves to be told - Prey

RoswellOracle.com - The most comprehensive Roswell reference & archive
My Stories ~ My Roswell Store ~ My Roswell Archive

Check out Roswell Heaven!
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Okay I'll admit it's been a while since I've sat down and watched a full ep....so maybe they talked about this and I don't recall.

But...did they ever explain with the Dupes why....everyone else went by their Antar name....Ava,Rath and Zan....but Isabel's Dupe went by Lonnie instead of Volandra(sp?)? I've always wondered that?
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

Perhaps the same reason as people call you Rod instead of Rodney.
Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

That's exactly right.
ISABEL: So...Lonnie. Is that short for Vilandra?
LONNIE: That's right. You know about Vilandra?
8)
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Ahhhh ok thanks .
saori_1902
Addicted Roswellian

Post by saori_1902 »

Ok, here's my question:

Ever mentioned in the show what kind of shampoo used Liz? In most of the fics I read that she smells like raspberry or vanilla. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

It's never really said (and I don't think we ever got to see a screenshot of that).

The vanilla reference must be because she likes vanilla ice cream (that was said on the show), and many fanfic authors use some strawberry references for, um... kitchen reasons :lol: from the Sexual Healing episode.

What we did see in Crazy is that Max gave her bubble bath as a present, so you can take that and run with it :mrgreen:
Tzigone
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Tzigone »

Okay, I know I'm answering very old posts here, but in regards to Liz and the healing circle for Michael in "The Balance" - my impression was that even thought Liz had gotten scared and stepped out before the vision started, she recouped. She found her courage, and, after the others were in the vision, she took the drink and deliberately joined in.

My question - what floor are Max and Isabel's rooms on (in the first season)? I'd thought the first floor (it looks like that sometimes to me when persons are entering through the window), but I've seen second floor in fics sometimes.

I've seen some timeline sites, but, within a first season episode do we get any dates mentioned or shown onscreen for any episode post-Independence Day?

Which episode established Kyle as six when Michelle left? I had the impression Kyle hadn't seen her since? I'm really trying to sort out what was canon as of "Destiny."

I'm very fond of the idea that Nasedo (as named by River Dog), Pill-popping shapeshifter, and Ed Harding are not all three the same person. Harding and Pill Popper have very different MOs. Harding leaves bodies everywhere, enjoys the game with Liz, blows up a gas station, etc. Pill Popper is subtle in directing Michael home, makes sure the paperwork with Hank is cleared up, buries the body, etc. Plus he puts on a show when he transforms. I do think the writers intended them to be the same when they introduced Harding, but I like the idea that Harding was the one that escaped, and Pill Popper/TicTac was the one that took a while to get away (for a AU-post-Destiny story). That said, why did Pill Popper, whether or not he's Harding, pose as the Doctor and say Topolsky was crazy (and then he didn't do anything to eliminate her, right - that was Pierce)?

Do we know if Max and/or Liz was grounded after "Sexual Healing"?

In the first season, did Liz have any relatives other than her parents and Grandmother? Maria just her mother and absent dad? I know Isabel mentioned grandparents or at least a grandmother in "Leaving Normal" - any other relatives? I know Michelle Valenti was mentioned in season 1 and so were Alex's parents and we saw his dad.

Was it mentioned where Liz's parents were during "The White Room" - they didn't seem to be home.

I remember a lot about Diane and how she interacted with the kids - she was so scared of losing them that she accepted weak stories and caved on asking questions, etc. For Phillip, I only remember him playing basketball and board games in a normal sort of way. The only thing I recall from him in the first season to indicate he thought anything unusual was when he said something along the lines of them not normally being joiners in "Into the Woods." And that's pretty weak. Were there any first-season indications that Phillip maybe thought anything was unusual in their natures or behaviors?

Larry and Jennifer decided to stay in Roswell and continue investigating aliens in "The Convention" - did we ever even hear them mentioned again?
Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

Woa, those are a lot of questions! YAY!!!! Nothing makes me happier than good fanfiction and answering Roswell trivia :mrgreen:
Tzigone wrote: My question - what floor are Max and Isabel's rooms on (in the first season)? I'd thought the first floor (it looks like that sometimes to me when persons are entering through the window), but I've seen second floor in fics sometimes.
They are in the fist floor. When Liz sees Max with Tess in Heart of Mine at the end of season 2, she's definitely looking into a first floor window. Judging by all the comings and goings, I guess that's a pretty safe bet, too.

I've seen some timeline sites, but, within a first season episode do we get any dates mentioned or shown onscreen for any episode post-Independence Day?
We have very few dates all around: Max's birthday, of course, March 15th (from both The Pilot and Blood Brother). The signal that went out from the orbs is May 14 (from Ask Not). We have a conflicting date with that from a screenshot in Four Square where Liz and Max are looking up the constellations, which I think was later. I can't recall the exact date now. But once you pick a date, you can build backwards the end of season 1.

Kyle's birthday is June 22nd or June 21st from Alex's grave (his birthday is one day after Alex's death) I just can't recall which. Maria's birthday is somewhere at the end of January, beginning of February (from I married an alien), and Isabel's birthday is around October 25th. If you happen to have the Original Roswell Soundtrack, there's an official timeline there. You can look it up :)

Which episode established Kyle as six when Michelle left? I had the impression Kyle hadn't seen her since? I'm really trying to sort out what was canon as of "Destiny."
Wipe Out!

I'm very fond of the idea that Nasedo (as named by River Dog), Pill-popping shapeshifter, and Ed Harding are not all three the same person. Harding and Pill Popper have very different MOs. Harding leaves bodies everywhere, enjoys the game with Liz, blows up a gas station, etc. Pill Popper is subtle in directing Michael home, makes sure the paperwork with Hank is cleared up, buries the body, etc. Plus he puts on a show when he transforms. I do think the writers intended them to be the same when they introduced Harding, but I like the idea that Harding was the one that escaped, and Pill Popper/TicTac was the one that took a while to get away (for a AU-post-Destiny story). That said, why did Pill Popper, whether or not he's Harding, pose as the Doctor and say Topolsky was crazy (and then he didn't do anything to eliminate her, right - that was Pierce)?
It's anybody's guess. Some of us subscribe to the theory that he was lying to the Skins about the deal, which we fondly called The NasedoPact. It was sort of implied that Nasedo was all the shapeshifters we saw in season one, and that Kal Langley had all along been in LA. But then, how did Kal know the details of Max's life? So many theories, so little time :lol:
Do we know if Max and/or Liz was grounded after "Sexual Healing"?
No. That episode was the last aired before we went to spring break though, so we had six weeks in between Sexual Healing and Crazy. They are happily in love when that episode happens, so if they got grounded, they at least weren't told to stop seeing each other during that time :mrgreen:
In the first season, did Liz have any relatives other than her parents and Grandmother? Maria just her mother and absent dad? I know Isabel mentioned grandparents or at least a grandmother in "Leaving Normal" - any other relatives? I know Michelle Valenti was mentioned in season 1 and so were Alex's parents and we saw his dad.
Technically mentioned in Skin and Bones, Liz's aunt, where she spent her summer in Florida. Definitely Valenti's Dad in The Convention. Max mentions he's going to see his cousin at the hospital in Leaving Normal, but he was making the story up, so there may or may not be a real cousin out there. Sean Deluca, Maria's cousin in season 2.
Was it mentioned where Liz's parents were during "The White Room" - they didn't seem to be home.
For that matter, where were everybody's parents? :shock: The cut scenes for Destiny had the Evans reporting the kids missing and being at the police station devastated. Of course, that never went anywhere, so...
I remember a lot about Diane and how she interacted with the kids - she was so scared of losing them that she accepted weak stories and caved on asking questions, etc. For Phillip, I only remember him playing basketball and board games in a normal sort of way. The only thing I recall from him in the first season to indicate he thought anything unusual was when he said something along the lines of them not normally being joiners in "Into the Woods." And that's pretty weak. Were there any first-season indications that Phillip maybe thought anything was unusual in their natures or behaviors?
Not really. Either Diane never told him about her suspicions -and Valenti's suspicions- in The Toy House, or she downplayed it. Phillip does become a shark in season 3, though, when he got pretty involved. So you can play with that.
Larry and Jennifer decided to stay in Roswell and continue investigating aliens in "The Convention" - did we ever even hear them mentioned again?
Nope. Nada. Niet. They got married and had 9 kids for all we know :roll: We don't even know where Milton is after he sold the UFO Center to Brody :shock:

Hope that answers your questions :D
RoswellOracle
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RoswellOracle »

Maria also mentions a grandmother in Wipeout, and in Summer of '47 she mentions that Hal reminds her of Breepa Deluca. I am guessing he is probably her grandfather.

There was Pete Parker in the Summer of '47. He must have been one of Liz's great grandfathers.
Kyle also mentions his grandmother (Jim's mother). And I can't remember what episode, but there is mention of a grandfather for Isabel and Max.

I have a very extensive timeline on my website will all the dates that were mentioned, shown, or I have been able to figure out based on things that happened in the show. http://www.roswelloracle.com/seriestime.html

I have always believed that Ed Harding and TicTac were different people, and it is not clear which one was Nasedo. It was never clearly explained on the show, but there is some 'evidence' that they were different people, and you're observations are part of it.

My friend (who goes by the name of River Dog) has some reasons why we believe they are two different people -
1. Nasedo is never seen eating Tic Tacs when he shapeshifts.
2. Tic Tac shapeshifts mostly to blue light, Nasedo shapeshifts mostly to yellow light.
3. Shapeshifting takes longer for Tic Tac.
4. Shapeshifting appears to take it's toll on Tic Tac, Nasedo has no trouble.
5. Nasedo gets directly involved with the gang, Tic Tac is more behind the scenes watching them and even appears suspicious at times.

TicTac

I believe that TicTac was the Watcher or Guardian of the Orb, as some people call him, who watched over Max and Liz in Sexual Healing when they found the orb, as well as the one who killed Hank. He was probably Dr. Margolin too, who stopped the kids from meeting Topolsky and falling into Pierce's trap, not to mention that he gave the Sheriff the plausable explanation that Topolsky was insane and fixated on the kids and never worked for the FBI.

TicTac is careful to blend in, taking the form of drifters or locals that you wouldn't really notice. He is low-key, staying mostly in the background. He covers his tracks, making sure to get rid of Hank's body and taking care of the legal side of Michael's foster situation before making it look like Hank left town.

Ed Harding

But Ed is definately not low key. He has left a trail of bodies all over the southwest, as Hubble says. Tess also mentions that they have been hunted for years by the Special Unit. How could that happen, unless Ed was doing stuff to lead the Specail Unit to them?

Ed seems to be a loose cannon. He is cocky, acts creepy and seems to enjoy scaring the kids, leaving mysterious alien symbols and taking Liz, and he challenges the Sheriff and Max. Why wouldn't he just tell them who he is when he came to town?

He kills a Special Unit agent and leaves him on the side of the road for Pierce, blows up a gas station, and sends an alien signal all while wearing Max's face, and makes sure to be caught on camera to lure Pierce into a trap.

When he replaces Pierce, he leaves Tess (a minor) alone and doesn't make any plans for her protection.

And what about the Dupes protector? According to Ava's drawings from the SHP, their protector left. So it is possible that TicTac was their protector, and left them to keep watch on the 'real' royal four, or possibly there is another shapeshifter out there. (I personally try not to think about season 3, because I hated it so much, so in my mind Kal doesn't exist.) 8)

There is more about this on my website too if you are interested - http://www.roswelloracle.com/theoriesshapeshifter.html
The world is full of stories, and from time to time,
they permit themselves to be told - Prey

RoswellOracle.com - The most comprehensive Roswell reference & archive
My Stories ~ My Roswell Store ~ My Roswell Archive

Check out Roswell Heaven!