When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Re: When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Post by Roswellian117 »

Why didn't they listen to Topolsky in Crazy???!!!! It makes me MAD!!!!

>:(
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Okay we saw the effects of drinking on the hybrids....but did it ever show what other drugs would be like to them? I refuse to watch season three so maybe they showed it there and I just never saw it....but I've wondered what would happen to them if they smoked some weed :lol: :lol:
Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

Well, we did get to see Michael getting seriously drunk in season 3, and I mean not only with "this much" as Max did in Blind Date. Michael went for a whole round in "A tale of two parties" :roll: But he didn't get drunk in the same way Max did. Michael developed some sort of sensory overload, where everything was too bright, too loud, and his skin felt like burning.

He then passed out, and later he was having a weird sort of green electricity going through his skin. Are you sure you don't want to watch the episode yourself? It'll make more sense...

But besides that we never saw them taking anything else, or talking about anything else for that matter. So you can come up with just about anything, including "this doesn't affect me", that you wouldn't be contradicting canon.

Personally, I usually think their system will overload pretty quickly, but that's just me.

Hope that helps!
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Well maybe Max's reaction to drinking is just that.....his? Maybe drinking will effect the other hybrids different...just like it does to us humans.For I know two guys....one five foot nothing and about a hundred pounds...the other...six four and two fifty all muscle.The skinny guy can drink the bigger one under the table! It's just how the drinks works on you.
vilandragirl
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by vilandragirl »

There is no canon for a drug reaction. They never used recreational drugs and they didn't get sick, so we didn't even see their reaction to over the counter drugs.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Was it ever mentioned what position Kyle played in football?...or basketball?
RoswellOracle
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RoswellOracle »

Nope, only baseball - left field
The world is full of stories, and from time to time,
they permit themselves to be told - Prey

RoswellOracle.com - The most comprehensive Roswell reference & archive
My Stories ~ My Roswell Store ~ My Roswell Archive

Check out Roswell Heaven!
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswellian117 »

I honestly think he was a quarterback in football. How tall is he? That will help figure out what position he played in basketball.
RoswellOracle
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RoswellOracle »

Doubtful he was a quarterback, because his # was 32.
Typically those are running backs or defence.
The world is full of stories, and from time to time,
they permit themselves to be told - Prey

RoswellOracle.com - The most comprehensive Roswell reference & archive
My Stories ~ My Roswell Store ~ My Roswell Archive

Check out Roswell Heaven!
OrangeSky
Addicted Roswellian

Post by OrangeSky »

IMDB lists Nick at 5'7", so based on that, I'd say Kyle was probably a running back. Running backs tend to be shorter than most of the other players on a team (lower center of gravity you understand, this makes them more difficult to tackle). His number backs that up. Running backs usually have numbers in the 20s or 30s, like RoswellOracle said. (But that's going by NFL rules, and not NCAA or high school rules. The only players that must have their numbers fall within a specified range for college or high school ball are offensive linemen. I really have no idea why this is, but all the other numbers are basically up for grabs, and most players follow what they see the pros wear on TV.) It's possible he was a defensive back (cornerback or safety), but even in high school, that's a bit too short for either of those positions. Depends on the size of the other guys on the team. Still, Kyle struck me as more of an offensive player than a defensive one.

That was a really long winded way of saying that I agree with RoswellOracle: Kyle was probably a running back.

As for basketball, I would say he was a guard, and probably the Point Guard, not the Shooting Guard.
Alli
Dean: Damn cops.
Sam: They were just doing their job.
Dean: No, they were doing our job, only they don't know it so they suck at it.