When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

harroc83 wrote:He was wearing a mask of the guy?? Where did he get that?? I know there is a part in the episode that him and Max dress up as aliens to scare that guy that worked for the airforce, but I'm talking about when they went to get the pilot and see Tess's UFO
Here's how it's written in the transcript of the episode:

[In the van, Michael uses his powers to transform his disguise back into one of the alien Halloween masks. He peels it off and casts it aside.]

So, he used one of the masks from that first scene and changed it to look like the face of the assassin. The full transcript is here. Hope that helps a little better.
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”

monkeycgm
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by monkeycgm »

I have a question, how do the Roswell tie in books relate to the cannon.
For instance:

Many author change sibling relationships based on the fact that Max and Isabel do not look alike. However according to the book Skelatons in the Closet http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... 5?v=glance
The hybrids got their appearance completely from their human donars/ human DNA. Hence the reason why Micheal looks like Charles Dupree. Acording to the book, Micheal's donor was Charles Dupree, Max and Isabel's donors were a newlywed couple that were abducted in the dessert, and the donor for tess was a little girl. Most people have not read this book and do not go with the concept that their appearaces came from their human DNA and not the Antarian past selves. Because of this, many author like to change up the sibling relationships (not that I dont obsessively read those). Some people also like to have the human characters be reincarnated versions of people who were on Antar at the time of Zan's rule (and I love these ones too) but none of them seem to grasp that not only did the podsquad not look like they do now, but that it would be impossible to have a character on Antar that looked exactly like Liz. The fact that the podquad needed human DNA proves that Antarians are more different from humans than people are willing to accept.

Anyway that was my insane ramblings about canon. So do the books (this one was written after the first 10, after Micheal finds a pic of Charles Dupree) count as part of the cannon, because they were written to fill in the holes between episodes.
WE COMMIT ourselves - one person, one voice, one vote at a time - to make a better, safer world for all
http://www.one.org/
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

I've read that book, it's the one where Isabel and Max's doners were a married couple, right? I thought that it tied a lot of loose ends on the whole DNA donar thing (like the fact that Max, Isabel, and Tess had to have donars too) as well as giving information about the gandarium (did I spell that right) Anyways, I think that that specific book followed the show's cannon, just expanded on it a bit. But I think that most cannon should probably come from the show, unless you tell people it was from a specific book, because when you think about it it's a lot like writing fanfic. Some people change things to the way they want them. But I'm not a mod, and this is just my opinion, which isn't worth all that much.
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

To_Kiss_A_Frog wrote:I'm trying to remember what city and state Lauree Dupree was from. Can anyone help me out??

Thanks in Advance
-Cyn-
Her grampa's house (where she is said to continue living after the hybrid chronicles) was in or near Tucson, Arizona. There are several cues that she had lived in the house or nearby until Grampa Dupree died and her aunt and uncle had her committed.

Before she was abducted around the time of 'to serve and protect', she was living in the Pinecrest Psychiatric hospital in Brownsfield, Texas

Hope that helps.
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

Fehrbaby
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Fehrbaby »

What color were Pierce's (David Conrad's) eyes? I'm thinking they were blue, but can't find a good picture to see them in.

Thanks for your help!

Christina

EDITED TO SAY: Nevermind - I found it. They are indeed blue, but in most of the pictures, they appear really dark. I pulled out my DVD and scanned through it.
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

Fehrbaby wrote:What color were Pierce's (David Conrad's) eyes? I'm thinking they were blue, but can't find a good picture to see them in.

Thanks for your help!

Christina

EDITED TO SAY: Nevermind - I found it. They are indeed blue, but in most of the pictures, they appear really dark. I pulled out my DVD and scanned through it.
Doh, you beat me to it.

Did you find the same bit that I did, right at the end of 'the white room' after he's put his bloody hand to the scanner and not working, and he looks up and sees Max and the sheriff getting away? That's about the only time I've been able to find that his eyes aren't shadowed. When he's taunting Max about keeping one of the aliens from the crash locked up from three years, he leans in close to the camera, and it really does look like the eyes are brownish, but it's just shadow.

From the good pics, I would have said a greenish blue myself, but make your own final call.

Eye colors again, huh?? Why the heck do you need to know agent pierce's eyes anyway? :roll:

:)

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

Of all the tie in books, it is probably my favorite, just because it answers so many questions, but sometimes I wish that other people had read it because its not exactly common knowledge.
I get how you feel. Did they write anymore after that, about Max and Isabel finding the...Mortensons...Mortens...? I don't remember their last name. Anyway, I loved how they used a lot of the show's information and went into detail with it, and I loved how they used Dido's song too, that was just cute.

We're off topic, lol.
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
Fehrbaby
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Fehrbaby »

Chrisken wrote:
Fehrbaby wrote:What color were Pierce's (David Conrad's) eyes? I'm thinking they were blue, but can't find a good picture to see them in.

Thanks for your help!

Christina

Doh, you beat me to it.

Did you find the same bit that I did, right at the end of 'the white room' after he's put his bloody hand to the scanner and not working, and he looks up and sees Max and the sheriff getting away? That's about the only time I've been able to find that his eyes aren't shadowed. When he's taunting Max about keeping one of the aliens from the crash locked up from three years, he leans in close to the camera, and it really does look like the eyes are brownish, but it's just shadow.

From the good pics, I would have said a greenish blue myself, but make your own final call.

Eye colors again, huh?? Why the heck do you need to know agent pierce's eyes anyway? :roll:

:)
I actually looked at the part where he's watching the orbs in action and shoots Max a kind of smug glare.

And don't roll your eyes at me, Mister. :lol: I am doing a physical description for my story. Maria's thinking how he's kind of good looking for an older man, but there's something about him that makes her always feel slightly unnerved - like his cool blue eyes often seem to be looking right through her.

Thanks for looking, anyway. I appreciate it.

Christina
To_Kiss_A_Frog
Addicted Roswellian

Post by To_Kiss_A_Frog »

i've seen a couple fics that have banners with a pic of max and liz running from something but they're dressed in the clothes from the pilot so it isn't the whole running from the FBI part in destiny.

i've seen the unaired pilot and there were only a couple deleted scenes but it was all minor stuff so where on that episode do max and liz run from someone or something in the middle of the day.

EX: banner for Deliver Me by hopeless romantic.

Or is it just some sort of manip??

-Cyn-
<center>Image
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

To_Kiss_A_Frog wrote:i've seen a couple fics that have banners with a pic of max and liz running from something but they're dressed in the clothes from the pilot so it isn't the whole running from the FBI part in destiny.

i've seen the unaired pilot and there were only a couple deleted scenes but it was all minor stuff so where on that episode do max and liz run from someone or something in the middle of the day.

EX: banner for Deliver Me by hopeless romantic.

Or is it just some sort of manip??

-Cyn-
This is a wild guess, but it could be from WB promos. I remember JK (boo, hiss) saying on the commentary for 'destiny' that they had shot some promos early on with Max and Liz running through the desert, with some kind of cars chasing them or something like that... nobody was exactly sure how it would fit into the plotline, if it would, but he had a vague notion that eventually they would be in that sort of situation.

But I can't tell you where to find video of those promos, if that's what it is. This is pretty much all I know about it.