When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

lizard_queen wrote:Ok, i know the answer to this but i'm suffering from a brief case of amnesia and i really cant be boethered reading over 20 something apges in this thread to fid the answer, so i thought i would re-ask the question thats probably lost somewhere in this thread:

Whats Max's address? Was it 33 Murray Lane?
In The White Room, he says it's 6025 Murray Lane. :)
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”

lizard_queen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by lizard_queen »

Whoa, i was way off. 33? pft, what was that. Thanks
:D Ki-ki :D

My Stuff

Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

~Ruby~ wrote:Okay, in EOTW did Max sing to Liz the night before she 'slept' with Kyle or was there any days in between?

Hope that that made sense!!

Thanks,

Ruby
I've worked out a timeline... there are a lot of places where it isn't too clear how much time passes and I usually estimated on the long side. but I have the visit to the fortuneteller, FM's arrival, and the mariachi serenade on the evening/night of day 1 of the episode, and the faked-up 'kyle incident' was day 4. It's presumably a Friday, since it was the night of the Gomez concert, and Max said "Go out with me on Friday" just before mentioning the concert.

On the other hand, in 'harvest' the next episode, they are all portrayed at school and Liz/Maria are talking as if all that just happened the night before, so we can conclude that the writers are morons.

:D
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

This has been bugging me for a while now. When Max heals someone he puts a silver handprint on them right? In Liz's case that happens, as well as the kids in the hospital. But sometimes he heals people (ex: Michael's eye and Jesse's nose) and there isn't a silver handprint.

Is it just with big injuries or sicknesses (getting shot, cancer...) that a silver handprint appears, or did the writers make an 'oops'?
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
lizard_queen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by lizard_queen »

I think its like a life a death situation. The kids had cancer and they were all in the hospital because they were having issues with the disease and the treatment wasn't working. So they would have been pretty sick.

When he healed Liz, she was on the brink of death. Where as when he healed Michael it was just a bruise.

Plus, you see Michael heal some basic things, as well as Tess i think in the later episodes. Like when Michael heals river dogs leg in Into The Woods.

So, i'm guessing that Max can only heal the major life and death things, which is when he leaves the handprint. Everything else the others can do aswell so theres no point leaving behind his trade mark handprint.

Besides, Michael would look a little funky with a giant silver hand print across his face. lol.
:D Ki-ki :D

My Stuff

Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

Spacegirl04 wrote:What episode did max find out he was King? i can't remember if he already knew this or he was told this in surprise or in season two somewhere...urrrgh i'm so confused...LOL sorry if this has been asked before...
Okay, it was revealed that he was the leader of the planet in 'Destiny' (or at least strongly hinted, since it isn't perfectly clear who the message is speaking about at what times, though the parallels seem clear.) The term 'king' isn't use there though.

It's mentioned in 'skin and bones', a little mockingly by Nasedo: "Oh, my. A pacifist for a king." Max shoots back, later, that "I am not a king and we are not at war." Isabel throws it back at him in surprise, when she says "You may be the king, but I'm not bowing down to you - not in this lifetime."

I'd say confirmation comes in 'Harvest' at the congresswoman's memorial service, when Greer says "You must be the once and future king. And his bride." And then the whole dupe sequence keeps banging it into our heads over and over again.

Hope that this helps.

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

Surfgirl02 wrote:What were the names of the other Whits band Memebers? Did they have names....I can't remember if it was ever mentioned.
Too easy. :D (Yes, I've been playing enigma.)

the other Whits, as Alex introduces them to Maria in 'blind date' are... Chris on drums, Markos on rhythm, and everybody's favorite, Nicky on lead guitar. :wink:

Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

Spacegirl04 wrote:Does anyone know exactly how big frasier woods is, and where it would be located in roswell??? if it is in roswell....or is there a map on a website somewhere thanks...in advance.
I can't seem to find a map online, or any reference to the woods that's not connected to the roswell show, so they may have been made up. Not sure about that though. Also it's unclear whether the proper spelling is Fraser, Frasier, Frazier or something else. ;)

Going by the map from the Roswell soundtrack ECD extras, Frazier woods (how they spell it) is not within the town limits, but a kind of blobby/crescent shaped forest roughly 20-30 miles west and 5-15 miles north of town center. (Distance estimates are my own.) That would put it, I think, within Chavez county, the county that Roswell is in, and fairly close to the Lincoln National forest, across the county line in Lincoln county to the west.

It looks a bit like it's shaped like a large, slightly irregular and blobby elipse, with a half-circle chunk 'bitten out' of it, which would be desert territory near the crash site and the pod chamber.

The onscreen maps from 'disturbing behavior' might be helpful as comparison here... the ones where Max, Liz, and Isabel were investigating what Grant was doing in frazier woods and the water table.

Hope that helps.

Itzstacie
Forum Moderator

Post by Itzstacie »

Roswell4ever1 wrote:Does anyone know what Alex's parents names are? Or do they just say Mr. and Mrs. Whitman?
Alex's parents are Charles and Gloria Whitman.
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

harroc83 wrote:Can I ask a question I don't know if it was ever asked. ALright remeber the episode before 4 aliens and a baby, with the plane that crashed into Tess's UFO, anyway I know that Max and MIchael both went to the place that the UFO was being held. Max went as himself and MIchael somehow shapeshifted into that man that was in connection with the airforce that white man with the receding hairline. Since when could the aliens shape shift???? I know that was Michael because he had stolen that cone shape black thing that he was staring at, at the begining of 4 Aliens and a baby. So my question is how the hell did mIchael learn to shapeshift and why haven't the rest of them learned??Or maybe I lost my mind and forgot that they knew how to do that?
If I remember correctly (I could be wrong 'cause I haven't watched Crash in a while), I believe he didn't shapeshift - he was wearing a mask.
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”