Which fic are you most proud of?

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Rowedog
Forum Moderator

Which fic are you most proud of?

Post by Rowedog »

Here's another one for the fic writers amongst us. Which fic are you most proud of? it doesn't necessarily have to be the fic that got the most feedback, but maybe the one that pushed you the most as a writer, or one that made you step outside your comfort zone. Of course, it can be the one that you got the most feedback for if that's the one you're most proud of.

Anyway, I'd love to here about yours, so name your fic and state your reasons. I'll get the ball rolling.

Mine is Absolution. An angsty, dark stargazer fic. It's probably not the best thing I've written, but I wrote it during a time when I was producing mostly dreamer fluff with teen ratings. Absolution was so far removed from my comfort zone. It was angsty, it was stargazer, it was rated Adult and it pushed me and my writing further than I ever expected. After writing Absolution it felt easier to take risks and tackle more confronting issues.

So, what's yours?
Alison’s Fics

Round 13 Funniest Feedbacker
Round 14 Feedbacker You Follow Around The Board (Stalkers!!)
Round 14 Most Thought Provoking Feedbacker
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Which fic are you most proud of?

Post by nibbles2 »

Mine is Crush.

I set out to write a certain type of fic which I'm fairly satisfied that I achieved. The response to it has been great, I knew it was a risk to write a fic where Liz did something so incredibly selfish and stupid and I thought I was going to get flamed but I'm proud that the readers (most of them) have responded to it so well and haven't turned against me or Liz.
Heavenli24
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Heavenli24 »

The fic I'm most proud of is Between the Covers :).

It was my longest story and the one I put the most thought and planning into, but at the same time, I was kind of in 'the zone' when I was writing it... I didn't have to think too much when I was writing, the words just flowed (mostly).I think it's also been the fic that I've enjoyed writing the most :). With a couple of my other stories, I've gotten frustrated because the words don't come so easily to me when I'm writing so it can get a bit tedious, but BTC was pretty easy and fun to write :).
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswellian117 »

The fic I am most proud of is Last Night on Earth... It was one of my first fics on here and it was a stargazing fic. It was sad but there was a bright light at the end of that dark tunnel.

It was at a time when I was pretty depressed an going through certain things. It didn't get a lot of feedback or even a lot of reads but it was an honest piece of work. I am also proud of Boulevard of Broken Dreams but LOL! These 2 fics have really pulled me out of a comfort zone which I am glad about. They're so... me.
RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

Well on the "What was your breakthrough fic?" thread I said that Happy was the fic I was most proud of, thus I considered it my breakthrough fic. But I'm actually starting to become more proud of my two most recently posted stories, mostly because I think Lucid Absinthe and One Way Road Trip are probably the most original stories I've written. Honestly, neither of the plots are all that inspired, but I'm really proud of the original styles in which the stories are being written. There's a very interesting common link of possible insanity (that may or may not say something about me personally, lol) in both fics that I really find enjoyable to write. I don't think I've ever been more inside my characters' heads than I am with those two stories. And even with the stories being so off the wall and disjointed, the readers still seem to understand the unorthodox ways the characters are portraying the story...or the unorthodox characters who are being portrayed in the stories. Whichever. :wink:

~Chad~
tequathisy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by tequathisy »

I'm most proud of Here be dragons. I think it was original and different and I loved the stories. I would probably do it differently if I was doing it over but I'm proud of what it is at the same time.
Banner by Evelyn
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

I like this topic. It's interesting that a lot of the fics we're most proud of are the ones that push are boundaries and/or urge us to do something different and step outside the comfort zone.

The fic I'm most proud of is 522, even though it's been a painstaking process for me to write. In addition to being the first novel-length sequel I've ever written, it has definitely pushed my boundaries, pushed me to write some things I wouldn't have been capable of writing a few years ago. It's been an exercise in persistence as well, for at times I've taken a step back and asked myself, 'Why didn't I just leave this thing [521] with the happy ending?' But at the end of the day, I'm really glad I decided to write it because it's going to end up being like nothing else I've ever written (or probably ever will write again). The verdict is still out one whether anyone will actually stick with it until the end once the shit really hits the fan, but we'll see. ;)

Cool, now I'm inspired to get some writing done.
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Janetfl »

The fic I'm most proud of has to be Conclusive Evidence. Although it doesn't get much feed back I personally think it's my best work. I have put a lot of hours in doing research and even going as far as to ask a forensic scientist if it was possible for my idea for the story.

My characters are flawed and it's the first real angst/dark fic I've ever written. This, of course, has taken me out of my comfort zone because I normally write fics that have a good feel to them.

JAN :mrgreen:
Thank you to the wonderful, artistic RoswellOracle for this awesome siggie!
Tanya7496
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Tanya7496 »

I would have to say the fic I'm most proud of is Epiphany. I guess because it's my first fic that I've ever completed and I like how it is from start to finish even though it took me forever to complete. I needed answers about a bunch of stuff from the show after Departure, so I made up my own in a way that made me happy and made sense. I'm also pretty proud of The Masquarading Madman. Even though it's not complete, it's my first attempt at writing from a man's POV and I love how it came across.
hybridmagic
~A once fallen king shall rise again and bring his bride back to life.~Ava in the uncut MITC
Michelle17
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Michelle17 »

Well I have only completed one Roswell story for Max and Liz called One Night. I'm proud of that story because I completed it. I have to say the next story that I am proud of has to be Hot Lesson in Real Love even though it's not completed. I am also very proud of Forgotten Memories even though it isn't finished yet. I feel bad because I don't posts as much and all my stories are on the dead barried part of the board. I'm going to try and complete all my stories.

Special thanks too

claudialynn