Roswell - The Promise

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Kzinti_Killer
Administrator

Roswell - The Promise

Post by Kzinti_Killer »

I was reading fic there just yesterday, then it went poof. http://www.roswell-thepromise.com/fanfic.html

Does anyone know if it went smash, or can I relax and take this as a temporary glitch?

Rick
Dragons, Ogres, & Pretty Boy Lawyers Slain, Reasonable Rates, Call After 5:00 At 1-900-OhMyGodWhatWereTheyThinkingOf

"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
-- Henry Jenkins
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Re: Roswell - The Promise

Post by Earth2Mama »

Hey Rick.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing today when I went on the site. However, when I put the address in the search engine, and I hit the word "cached", it came up, but if you try to go any further from there, it will just bring you back to your default search engine. :(
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
Kzinti_Killer
Administrator

Post by Kzinti_Killer »

Memo to self. If it comes back up I'm going in there and archiving every last story.

Rick
Dragons, Ogres, & Pretty Boy Lawyers Slain, Reasonable Rates, Call After 5:00 At 1-900-OhMyGodWhatWereTheyThinkingOf

"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
-- Henry Jenkins
behrbabe
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by behrbabe »

When I looked up the whois info it says that the last update was today, so maybe it's just temporary.
Sometimes the nameservers can go haywire, at least I'm hoping that's all it is. Thanks for telling us
about this though :)
My fanart/cover art rules:
1) I'm a pro freelance webdesigner so I may not be able to get the art to you overnight, fanart is free time hobby stuff.
2) I do this for free because I'm a fan first and I like to help other people. Don't take my generosity for granted or I won't do it anymore.
3) I usually charge extra for more than 3 changes, so that's the limit. A huge deal :)
Kzinti_Killer
Administrator

Post by Kzinti_Killer »

Yeah but it also says that the domain name expired in December. Not good. Not good at all. I dropped an email to Bixie to see what's up.

Rick

-- Henry Jenkins
chanks_girl
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by chanks_girl »

The last message of the admins was that with February there were to come new updates for the gallery and in general updates. It could be that it's a server problem (it wouldn't be the first time).I was just last night on roswell-the promise looking at the gallery.

I also hope that we didn't lose another Roswell fansite. There are great stories and it would be a pity to lose them. We'll see what's really going on.
dreamer19

Post by dreamer19 »

I do know Bixie isn't apart of the site anymore, it said so in an update. I hope there is still time to archive the stories if it doesn't come back up. :?
Coccy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Coccy »

oh no :( it was such an useful fanfiction and gallery archive :cry: :cry: :cry:
"You're what would bring me back.
Even if my molecules were spread out from here to whatever galaxy my home planet is in,
that wouldn't stop me. All my molecules would be like little homing pigeons.
They'd all zoom to you, and then I'd re-form." - Max Evans; Roswell High - The Watcher
Dreamer Idolatry - M&L community || My arts
Kzinti_Killer
Administrator

Post by Kzinti_Killer »

I heard from Bixie. The owner allowed the domain to expire, so they had to get a new one. The site is back with a new URL. Here you go. http://www.roswell.withoutshadow.com/

The Promise Lives!

Rick

-- Henry Jenkins
chanks_girl
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by chanks_girl »

Woohoo!

Thanks for giving us the information, Rick.