How you plan your story?

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Michelle17
Addicted Roswellian

How you plan your story?

Post by Michelle17 »

Hi everyone,

I was wondering how everyone plans there story? I'm having trouble doing that. I start out with a plan but I never stay with it.

Special thanks too

claudialynn
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: How you plan your story?

Post by L-J-L 76 »

What do you mean plan your story? If you are talking about ideas for stories all I do is watch tv or read and I have a idea for a story. But if you are talking about writing out chapters all I do is listen to music and stay off my computer for a week and I can have 2 to 3 chapters done by the next week. And about psting I just try and post a chapter once a week. Please let me know what you mean by plan your story?

L-J-L 76
Ashita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ashita »

A plan, or at least a general idea of where you want your fic to head is always a good thing. I usually have a pretty detailed outline of things I want to incorporate into the story, then a very vague idea of each chapter. If I get off track or a chapter goes someplace else, I don't sweat it. I just let it flow and if it fits in with story, leave it. If not put it into another document and save it for another fic. Sometimes you just need to get an idea out before you can move on to the rest of the story. Plus, it's those unexpected twists of the imagination that can make a story stronger and have more depth, or at the very least keep your reader on their toes.
Michelle17
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Michelle17 »

Thank You Everyone

Special thanks too

claudialynn