Your favorite quote from a Roswell fic.

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Queenie_B40
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Your favorite quote from a Roswell fic.

Post by Queenie_B40 »

Yep, this is it.

I know many of you have that favorite line in a certain story, so share it here!

heres mine:

Wow. Ask for morphine, get a family. Cool. - I dont know what fic from. if any one knows :)
“I am Avaria, queen of Antar. I live only to serve my king.”

“I am Rathard, commander of our king’s army. I live only to serve my king.”

“I am Vilandra, princess. I live only to serve my brother, my king and my people.”

“I am Zan, king of Antar. I live only to serve my people and my planet.”

“I am Liz. I’m just the augur.”
girl afraid
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Your favorite quote from a Roswell fic.

Post by girl afraid »

Mine is from Routines by Chicky:

She swallowed loud enough for him to hear, “So, what would you have done, then?”

“Done about what?”

“Me. If I’d been…well, you know. What would you have done?”

That wasn’t something he’d been expecting. He was completely blind-sided by her question.

“I’d have bought you that big old house with the porch, and picked up a station wagon, and we’d have had a couple more kids.”

More than just a quote, but that has always stuck with me.
it's better to rise than fade away.
dreamer19

Post by dreamer19 »

I'm sorry you asked for it with this question. :lol: :roll:

This first one is very long, but oh so good and funny!

From Running Deep by Chrissy

“Liz Parker?”

“YES!”

“No Way!”

“Yes way Alex!”

“I don’t believe you!”

“Fine!”

“Oh My God! …..Your Serious!”

Throwing her hands up in the air from agitation, Maria was about to scream.

“Dead Serious!”

“Pregnant?”

“Yes!” Her voice was growing by the minute.

“Pregnant!” Each time the same word came out in a different tone.

“For the love of GOD, Alex, YES, Liz Parker is PREGNANT!”

“Noooo!” Shaking his head in a subtle way, Alex still couldn’t believe what Maria was telling him. Digging deeper into the bag of chips in his hand, Alex placed another chip into his mouth. “Besides that would mean that Liz was having sex, and she just doesn’t do that.”

Maria rolled her eyes, and sighed loudly. “You are so stupid, you know that.”

Setting the bag of chips down on the counter, Alex looked closely at Maria. “Pregnant?”

“I give up!” She screamed and stormed out of the kitchen.
Following behind Maria, Alex was quiet for a few moments, as he pondered on Liz’s situation. Sitting next to Maria on the sofa, Alex looked over to his new roommate.

“She’s really pregnant?” He was in shock, and Maria could understand.

Shaking her head in confirmation, Maria gave him a sad smile.
Relishing in his thoughts silently once again, Alex’s eyes remained wide. “By who?”

“Max Evans!”

“Who?” He was in shock, and it showed.

“Max Evans!” She repeated herself.

“Get out!”

“Seriously.” Maria commented.

“Max Evans! As in Isabel Evans Brother?”

“That’s him!”

“But he never talks to anyone, I don’t think I’ve ever heard the boys voice before.”

Maria shook her head in wonder. “I know!”

“Max Evans!” Saying it as if trying to convince himself it was true, but clearly getting on Maria’s nerves.

“ALEX!”

“Sorry Maria, but Max Evans? What happened to Kyle?”

Rolling her eyes with distaste, Maria let out a huff of air. “That is so old news. God, Alex, don’t you keep up with anything. Geesh!”

Looking to Maria with still wide eyes, the news of his other best friend being pregnant was something that was hard to sink into his brain. “Pregnant! Max Evans!”
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

This made me LMAO when I read it.

The idea is that Tess and Isabel had worked hard getting themselves looking good for Kyle and Alex...who they had crushes on.They come out of the bathroom to wow the guys.But just as a mood is starting to take hold between the two pairs Michael burst in and not only breaks the mood but fails to notice/mention about how nice the girls look.When called on it Michael says this :lol:

“Oh, God,” Michael groaned, and rubbed his hands over his face. “Just tell me what I did wrong now, so I can go ahead and apologize, and get it out of the way.”
Last edited by killjoy on Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wench On A Leash
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Wench On A Leash »

Well, Spin by Incognito is just full of wonderful quotes, but because I'm lazy and don't feel like using one where I have to set up the scene too much, I'll just use this one...

I guess the only real set-up I need for this is that the whole story is told from Liz's POV.

The phone rings around eight. It's Max. And I just know this should be good 'cause he can barely push words out of his mouth.

"Oh god," he says, "I gotta tell you something."

"Lemme guess," I say, "Your home planet called and they want their ears back."

:D

Oh, how I love Spin. Best fan-fic ever.
Michael: It's like we finish each other's...
Lindsay: Sandwiches?
Michael: Sentences. Why would I say...
Lindsay: Sandwiches?
Michael: That time I was going to say sandwiches.
-Arrested Development
behrlyliz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrlyliz »

Mine is more than a quote, too. It's taken from Allie1031's What's So Great About Normal?. It's a scene between Liz and Sean and to this day, I still think it's the funniest piece I've ever read.

"Hey, we have to get out of here," I say seriously after a glance at my watch hoping Michael has found Max. "Maria is in her car waiting on some dirt road and if we don't get there in the next six minutes she could leave with out us. That would not be cool."

"Well, then, by all means, to the Batmobile," Sean muses.

"Maria's little red car is hardly Batmobile quality," I smirk.

"Yes, well, I like to pretend. It makes things fun and I feel cooler. Otherwise I'm just a loser riding around in an old, beat-up Jetta," Sean chuckles.

"It's not THAT bad," I giggle. "I will never understand boys and their obsession with cars."

"Well in any case, lead the way Boy Wonder," Sean laughs coming to his feet and helping me up.

"Hey! How come I have to be the sidekick?" I wonder.

"Because Robin's short and girly like you. And I'm tall and masculine like The Man is," Sean reasons.

"Robin's not short, he's stocky. He's not girly either, he's just in touch with his feminine side. You're the one who makes us wear spandex and tights," I argue as I guide Sean through the shadows, hopefully in the right direction.

"To show off my masculine physique," Sean explains, flexing. "Besides Parker, you'd make one sorry-ass, sissy Batman."

I glare back at him.

"But a damn good Robin," He adds quickly and pats me on the head.

We're almost across the field, walking in the shadows of the woods. I can't see Pam's house anymore because of the way the tree line curves to hide it from view. I see a structure in coming up and hope it is the stables. Sean's gotten more bold now that we are a safer distance away and is pulling on branches and swinging sticks and taking flying Batman leaps. I can tell he's as impatient and anxious as I am to get the hell out of here. Sean makes a running jump into the darkness and slams into something big and hard to knock the wind out of himself. I double up as he falls on his ass.

"Holy rusted metal Batman!" I giggle. "I think you've found the car."

"Jumping Jahousafras, it seems I have Boy Wonder. Good work, leading us right to it," Sean laughs when he regains his breath.
Team Framing Hanley
My Fics~My Challenges~My Space
Kitten88
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Kitten88 »

behrlyliz wrote:Mine is more than a quote, too. It's taken from Allie1031's What's So Great About Normal?. It's a scene between Liz and Sean and to this day, I still think it's the funniest piece I've ever read.

"Hey, we have to get out of here," I say seriously after a glance at my watch hoping Michael has found Max. "Maria is in her car waiting on some dirt road and if we don't get there in the next six minutes she could leave with out us. That would not be cool."

"Well, then, by all means, to the Batmobile," Sean muses.

"Maria's little red car is hardly Batmobile quality," I smirk.

"Yes, well, I like to pretend. It makes things fun and I feel cooler. Otherwise I'm just a loser riding around in an old, beat-up Jetta," Sean chuckles.

"It's not THAT bad," I giggle. "I will never understand boys and their obsession with cars."

"Well in any case, lead the way Boy Wonder," Sean laughs coming to his feet and helping me up.

"Hey! How come I have to be the sidekick?" I wonder.

"Because Robin's short and girly like you. And I'm tall and masculine like The Man is," Sean reasons.

"Robin's not short, he's stocky. He's not girly either, he's just in touch with his feminine side. You're the one who makes us wear spandex and tights," I argue as I guide Sean through the shadows, hopefully in the right direction.

"To show off my masculine physique," Sean explains, flexing. "Besides Parker, you'd make one sorry-ass, sissy Batman."

I glare back at him.

"But a damn good Robin," He adds quickly and pats me on the head.

We're almost across the field, walking in the shadows of the woods. I can't see Pam's house anymore because of the way the tree line curves to hide it from view. I see a structure in coming up and hope it is the stables. Sean's gotten more bold now that we are a safer distance away and is pulling on branches and swinging sticks and taking flying Batman leaps. I can tell he's as impatient and anxious as I am to get the hell out of here. Sean makes a running jump into the darkness and slams into something big and hard to knock the wind out of himself. I double up as he falls on his ass.

"Holy rusted metal Batman!" I giggle. "I think you've found the car."

"Jumping Jahousafras, it seems I have Boy Wonder. Good work, leading us right to it," Sean laughs when he regains his breath.

Oh oh oh!!! I remember that one!!! :D I absolutely loved it!!!
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Janetfl »

Wench On A Leash wrote:Well, Spin by Incognito is just full of wonderful quotes, but because I'm lazy and don't feel like using one where I have to set up the scene too much, I'll just use this one...

I guess the only real set-up I need for this is that the whole story is told from Liz's POV.

The phone rings around eight. It's Max. And I just know this should be good 'cause he can barely push words out of his mouth.

"Oh god," he says, "I gotta tell you something."

"Lemme guess," I say, "Your home planet called and they want their ears back."

:D

Oh, how I love Spin. Best fan-fic ever.
OMG!!! I LMAO at the ears line!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I am so going to have to read this story now!!

Thanks
JAN :D
Thank you to the wonderful, artistic RoswellOracle for this awesome siggie!
Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Raychelxluscious »

killjoy wrote:This made me LMAO when I read it.

The idea is that Tess and Isabel had worked hard getting themselves looking good for Kyle and Alex...who they had crushes on.They come out of the bathroom to wow the guys.But just as a mood is starting to take hold between the two pairs Michael burst in and not only breaks the mood but fails to notice/mention about how nice the girls look.When called on it Michael says this :lol:

“Oh, God,” Michael groaned, and rubbed his hands over his face. “Just tell me what I did wrong now, so I can go ahead and apologize, and get it out of the way.”
I'm 99.9% sure this is from my fic. *blush* I'm honored! Thanks!
writing is a socially accepted form of schizophrenia

Roswell, New Mexico S1 Watch Party