Money Aug 29 08

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

ken_r
Obsessed Roswellian

Money Aug 29 08

Post by ken_r »

Money:
This has bothered in more than just fan fiction. From Hardy boys to superman to what ever I chose to read. Where do the characters get their money. We know that Batman’s alter-ego was rich so that gave him all he needed. Superman was just a reporter. How much do they make? Now it has been reported that both Superman and Max could make diamonds. Does anyone think how hard it is to sell diamonds? Either you are part of the cartel or you are a thief and smuggler. There is one of the non-Roswell High novels where they do get in trouble trying to sell the stones. Max can make money. I mean literally make it. But Money is numbered and any duplicates showing up on the market would bring the treasury down quickly. Changing ten dollar bills to Hundred dollar bills is one answer. That also would bring attention to someone quick. Banks pay a lot of attention to Hundred dollar bills and probably would spot alterations.

Well Spider man has a job. It pays a little less than Clark Kent’s reporter job and is not really a constant source. He takes pictures of crime. Maria and Liz always take jobs as waitresses. Even if they are holding college degrees. Usually they put Kyle in a garage where he never was happy, or they pin a badge on him and enlist him in some law organization. If Jesse is ever around then they can live off his successful law practice.

“Everything,” I believe by Anne allowed Max to return with spoils from his old planet. I have used the good aliens helping the Roswell ones with gifts of investments made with off world valuables. How they made these investments is a question I haven’t answered.

Many writers make Max or Liz or somebody rich. One or the other is a playboy or playgirl. Then the whole story can live off these inherited riches. Sometimes we cheat and make everyone rich. That is the easy part.

I think this is an interesting part of your stories. I don’t say I do this all that well either. How do your characters make their day to day expenses?

Ken r
Free RoswellFanatics from Comcast tyranny!!!
Good teachers are born that way, not made. No! Good human beings, are born that way. Some of them become teachers.

Of course, life is not fair. You shouldn't expect it to be fair, but you should expect it to be ironic.
JKR 1981-2001
History is made of wars, recovering from wars and preparing for the next war.
JJR 1975-