I am such a loser! I just discovered this thread (great topic, btw!).
I have NEVER posted a Roswell fic before. EVER. And the only multi-parter fic that I ever finished was written on some yellow pad that I lost in college (which wasn't a loss, coz it wasn't good!
I love reading everyone's replies to this board, coz we have so much in common. Here's my list:
1) That people will think that my writing's stupid. Seriously. I never show my writing to anyone, simply because since I was in grad school, writing has been incredibly personal to me. Aside from my schoolwork or any school paper articles, I've never shown it to anyone. The only time I considered posting fanfic was when I was back in college. I was seriously addicted to Roswell fan fic and had saved so many of the classic Candy fics on my PC. I had written some, unfinished of course, but I kept it in a separate folder. My roommates, bored out of their minds, started reading the Roswell fics and somehow opened the one I was working on. They read it, and were surprised to see it was unfinished (I only saved finished fics), and asked me about its continuation. They were surprised to know it was done by yours truly, and told me it was good and that I should continue the fic. Even though I totally freaked, I was glad they thought I didn't suck. I've had confidence in writing, ever since.
2) That I'll be totally uninspired and not be able to finish a story. I have like, seven unfinished Roswell fics on my laptop, and ever since I found RF, I've been dying to post one. But since I wouldn't want for my first fic to end up in the Dead and Buried forum, I promised myself I'd only post a fic if it's done.
3) That I wouldn't be able to capture and describe a scene that I have in my mind. Most of my fics start with a scene in my mind, and it sucks that it's much much prettier in my head before I put it down on paper.
4) That I'll totally suck at sex scenes. Because of my inexperience in that area, I pretty much have no clue how to write it. I've never written a sex scene before, and while I love writing the scene where the couple is strongly making out and tearing off each other's clothes, after that I'm pretty much out of stuff to write. Thank goodness for books and fic that describe the art of lovemaking very very well.
5) That I'll get negative feedback. I know that as an author, you can't choose what feedback you'll hear, but I'm fragile that way.
Well, that's it. It's awesome that everyone shared their fears, coz I know I'm not alone in feeling these things.