I'm gettin scared even writing this.
But I'll just go ahead anyway. Hope I don't sound silly lol.
My fears include..
1) Starting a story, you know when you get all excited about this idea you have and then gradually...from time..you lose interest and abandon it halfway. Always happened to me. I started reading roswell fanfic from crashdown.com when I was fourteen years old. I began to write when I was twelve lol because I used to read goosebump books and stuff like spookville lol. I was into that stuff and one day came across a Roswell book in the library..that's when it all started for me. How I was pulled into the world of Roswell. The picture of Max was staring at me from the book cover. Thus I started to write many Roswell fics and save them on the computer..I was never a member of fanfic sites before. Anyway, halfway though..I stopped. I lost interest..I had about a hundred stories saved onto my computer..all deleted though.
2) Am I entertaining or insulting? I hate to offend people in my writing, My goal is to entertain. I get stared if ppl are finding my fics boring. What's the point in writing something boring lol?
And then insulting. I don't like the character Tess but she makes a real villian because I see her as the other woman who tries to come in between Max and Liz all the time. It's the character of Tess, not who plays her that I have a problem with. And then I wonder if I'm playing the other characters right. I have no idea how to make a wild sexy Max lol.
I only know the sweet one from season one. And I worry about feedbackers hating my characters. Alot.
3) I struggle so much with love scenes. I don't know what people are looking out for in Adult fics...whether it's smut or something sweet like lovey dovey stuff..I try to draw a line and get a balance between the too. Since I am not really experienced *coughs* in that field...I have no clue how to write it. I get inspired by top writers though who have me staring at the computer screen like this
for hours (minutes more like, don't wanna get repetitive eye strain injury lol
4) I hate to drag out a story just like Pijeechinadoll Ping said above. I always find myself doing that to some of my fics. For example when I write an adult fic...I spend years almost and then after god knows..like a centuary later Max and Liz finally sleep together. I don't know how that happens..I guess I've always grown up in the field where sex/love making is considered to be a serious matter and takes it time like a flower taking time to bloom.
5) I'm also very shy. I never talk about sex to anyone apart from a close friend and recently one of my sisters. I can never talk to my parents about it. Hell no. I had to talk with teachers in secondary school
to know what sex was becase In sex ed I had no clue what the hell was going on. I was only eleven. So for me, I get so shy when I write sex scenes. So shy.
6) Feedback. Now I have no problem with a little fb. As long as ppl do comment..and I know at least what I write is being read. But I don't like nitpickers who take it too seriously. Yes, critics are welcome to talk about it but an overdose of something I barely understand..I've seen some ppl's fics be nitpicked on a long scale and I just think..wtf? Questions are fine. But suggestions on how to run the story from other ppl is just..not my thing. Not my cup of tea. Because not only it takes you off your story but it makes you think your original idea is pathetic..well for me it does. you don't wanna click on your story and find that someone's written a lengthy essay about the flaws in it and what should
be done. Say you had a hard day at work or school and you want to unwind and then you see comments like that and it just get's you all upset.
So I have some solutions I think to ease some of my fears...
1) Pre write some chapters for a brand new story. Go over it with your sister, best friend, your beta or some of your roswell fanatic friends or something.
2) make a plan..always works for me. Always have a plan of how you want to start your story, manage the middle body of your story and then how to end it.
3) Imagination. I have a very wild imagination and I love it and I'm defo not afraid to use it.
I think I have some more things to say but I can't think right now atm.