A History of Roswell Fanfic

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: A History of Roswell Fanfic

Post by nibbles2 »

it's something taken from canon and expanded upon in fanon. There were a couple of mentions of cherry coke in the show and people seized on that. Just like Michael was shown with art skills twice and that morphed into a career in art. :lol:
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

nibbles2 wrote:Just like Michael was shown with art skills twice and that morphed into a career in art. :lol:
Oh, I'm so guilty of this. :lol: Really, though, I wish they'd gone further with that in the show.
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
Meka
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Meka »

@ nibbles2 -- thanks for the info....

i think it's soo weird that the littlest bits of information the show used can be turned into something that seems
to be incorporated in almost every fanfiction....it just goes to show how fanfiction can keep a show alive and ongoing even years after the shows completion.
Tears_of_Mercury
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Tears_of_Mercury »

Meka wrote:I was reading over one of Emz's fics called "I'm Coming For You" and the thought crossed my mind to ask whether or not everyone liking 'cherry coke' is a cannon fact or if fanfiction created this fandom tidbit that almost everyone only drinks cherry coke when they go to the crashdown....

:? :? :? just something i was wondering if someone knows and is willing to answer :? :? :?
Well, I can tell you that Max, at the very least, ordered Cherry Coke at the Crash more than once - as to everyone else, I'm not sure. It might just have been one of those small canon details that fandom snatched up and held onto for dear life, lol.
RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

nibbles2 wrote:it's something taken from canon and expanded upon in fanon. There were a couple of mentions of cherry coke in the show and people seized on that. Just like Michael was shown with art skills twice and that morphed into a career in art. :lol:
Twice?

I remember the dome but what was the other time? Was it the napkin holder? Does that count as art?

I guess it should since it redefined the term napkin holder and all. lol

~Chad~
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

I forgot about the napkin holder, that showed his creative side too. I was talking about the dome painting and in Summer of '47 he was shown drawing a cartoon.

RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

lol I don't remember that, but it's awesome.

~Chad~
spacegirl23
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by spacegirl23 »

Hey, I totally forgot Michael drawing a cartoon! :D This is great, nibbles!
Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

Tears_of_Mercury wrote:
Meka wrote:I was reading over one of Emz's fics called "I'm Coming For You" and the thought crossed my mind to ask whether or not everyone liking 'cherry coke' is a cannon fact or if fanfiction created this fandom tidbit that almost everyone only drinks cherry coke when they go to the crashdown....

:? :? :? just something i was wondering if someone knows and is willing to answer :? :? :?
Well, I can tell you that Max, at the very least, ordered Cherry Coke at the Crash more than once - as to everyone else, I'm not sure. It might just have been one of those small canon details that fandom snatched up and held onto for dear life, lol.
Well, Liz actually refered to it as "Max liking it" in The Balance, and served it to him for free :D

Liz: Max likes cherry cola. What does Michael like?
Maria: Cherry cola with arsenic? :lol:

So it's reasonable to believe Max ordered it a lot, since he didn't even have to order it for Liz to know. I would assume that going for Snapple would also be appropriated though. That thing was showed around through most of Season 3, not to mention there was an episode named after it... :wink:

But since we're in the subject, where does the term Ice Princess come from? The books? That's through out fanfiction as well.
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

I think the term Ice Princess may have been in the books but it was never used in the show. Isabel and Alex had a conversation in Four Square where her referred to her desire to go slow as 'glacial' and she told him it was time to melt the ice. I think it's just one of those fanon things.