Stranger than fanfiction...fanfic chads.

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Stranger than fanfiction...fanfic chads.

Post by killjoy »

Zanity wrote:
xmag wrote:Also, in fanfics, everytime Khivar is mentioned, and his history with Vilandra explained, the poor princess was always a brainless idiot in love and abused by a tyran. Knowing what we know of Isabel, do you see her as a weak idiot?
Not necessarily a weak idiot, but she did have a nasty habit of trusting the wrong people. She was the first to befriend Tess (Murderess and traitor), she dated Grant (Host to an Alien Parasite and a kidnapper), she trusted Nicholas (The guy who wanted them all dead) and got them all captured....

Trusting Khivar would just be another in a long line of misplaced trust.
Plus I've always seen Khivar as a sliver tounge devil who could talk anyone into anything.
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

I never got the feeling that she trusted Nicolas, she was also rather afraid of Tess, quite early and she only dated Grant casually. So she realized pretty fast when something was wrong. And on the other hand, she was kind of seeing Alex, who was more than trustworthy and she married Jesse and she was right about him being trustworthy since he killed a FBI agent for her.

Khivar had enemies, but he also had people fighting for him, just like any leader on Earth.

Michael : From day one, I knew you were the girl for me, I never wanted anyone else.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

xmag wrote:I never got the feeling that she trusted Nicolas......
Hell I was just watching the show and I didn't trust that little runt anytime he opened his mouth during that ep. :roll:
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

killjoy wrote:
xmag wrote:I never got the feeling that she trusted Nicolas......
Hell I was just watching the show and I didn't trust that little runt anytime he opened his mouth during that ep. :roll:
Isabel did trust Nicholas enough to try and make a deal with him... that's how they all got captured.
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

Isabel did trust Nicholas enough to try and make a deal with him... that's how they all got captured.
Yeah, but if you go that road, Liz trusted Future Max and we all know how it ended. Why was Future Max so convinced that Tess was crucial (and Future Liz, too, let's not forget her at the beginning of the episode, pushing FM to go back)?
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Ok as I've said I'm not a Dreamer fan.I don't hate them or anything but I just don't have the fever that many on this board have for them.Now having said that there is one fast becoming Dreamer cliche that gets on my nerves.In every story that is mostly M/L the author has to put some scene in there where someone either goes gaga over or comments on Max's...ohh so wonderful amber eyes..... :roll: I can not count the number of times I have read a..."oh he has/had the most wonderful amber eye I have ever seen!"... comment in a Dreamer story.
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

Ok here's one that gets me... in fics where the gang go back to Antar and then there is a big explosion or the ground shakes and even the natives call it an earthquake. I could understand those he came from earth calling it that cause it's what they are used to calling it. But you'd think the people who'd lived on Antar all their lives would call it an antarquake or something similar... wouldn't you?
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

Zanity, you'd think the people who live on Antar wouldn't speak English but they do apparently. :lol:
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

Or you would think that the antarians wouldn't look like humans, considering that the alien and human DNA were so different that the gandarium queen was necessary to bridge the gaps, or considering what Zan and Vilandra's mother said in Destiny "I am taking this form because it will be familiar to you". Suggesting strongly that antarians don't look like humans.

Michael : From day one, I knew you were the girl for me, I never wanted anyone else.
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

Why are they always rich?

Have you ever noticed that the characters are usually rich no matter what their profession or how young they are?

At the age when most people are stuggling to find their feet after college, these charaters are rich and successful and don't have to worry about things like student loans.