Characters as different races?

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

ken_r
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Characters as different races?

Post by ken_r »

One of my favorite stories to write was Liz had a Hispanic background with curendara/bruja abilities. I enjoyed developing the story where Max and company didn't believe in magic of the ancient Hispanics and Liz couldn't really believe in the magic of those not of this Earth. It took a bit of thinking, but I made Maria's mother be an anglo from New England whose grandmother had taught her herb medicine and when she came to Roswell, Liz's grandmother took her in to the Brujaria training
Good teachers are born that way, not made. No! Good human beings, are born that way. Some of them become teachers.

Of course, life is not fair. You shouldn't expect it to be fair, but you should expect it to be ironic.
JKR 1981-2001
History is made of wars, recovering from wars and preparing for the next war.
JJR 1975-
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Characters as different races?

Post by begonia9508 »

I think the stories were written on what the actors looked like, in the show... and it was never spoken about race but about aliens and humans! Who knows wich colours have aliens, eh? :lol: :wink:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!