It's nano season again - who's writing a Roswell novel?

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Evelynn
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Evelynn »

It's coming! :shock:

Evelynn
Behrystrwbry
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Behrystrwbry »

Looks like fun. Good luck to everyone!

I don't think I'll be participating. However, the Script Frenzy in June 2007 seems to be more up my ally. Looking forward to see what you all turn out though :D :wink:

B.
I spy with my little eye something that starts with B.
Chione
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Chione »

Everyone ready? I got 3 minutes where I am.

Good luck! Have fun!
<center>My Stories
</center>
Blue*Soul
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Blue*Soul »

Ahh, it's started!

Am all nervy!

If anyone wants to add me as a buddy my name is Blu*soul.

Good Luck!
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

Goodluck Everyone
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

Awww this thread was so fun and active last year... Here we come to the end of our first day... I know nano was having some bandwith problems or something with their site but that's no reason for this thread to be dead. :wink:

Here's to the first day of nano.
Hopeless Romantic
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Hopeless Romantic »

So, last year this thread is basically what got me through NaNoWriMo...and I'm definitely going to need that help again. I did the required daily quota to keep me on track but I'm looking forward to logging some good numbers today hopefully.

I just got a new puppy (picture below!) and I'm not going to my morning class because I don't want to leave her alone so we'll be chilling in my bed. She'll be sleeping or chewing on her toy, and I'll get some writing done.

Raych and I did a couple Word Wars last night. I don't know if any of you know what those are, but basically you have at least one partner, set a time limit and then write as much as you can until time's up. No stopping. If anyone/everyone has MSN Messenger, we could all form a chat and do these together. They help soo much. You wouldn't even believe it.

My MSN messenger email is completelyincomplete8@hotmail.com. Add me and IM me the next time you're on and we can all try this.

Hope everyone got off to a good start! And GOOD LUCK!
<center>

</center>
Hopeless Romantic
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Hopeless Romantic »

Hah, I havent been on here in a while. Just realized I need to change my Sig since new awards have come and gone. :oops:
<center>

</center>
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

Hi Zanity, everyone. :)

Well, I'm doing well so far. 4080 words and counting, for my new fic 'Please stand up' which I'll probably be posting the first chapter of early in the weekend, on the CC board. Whoohoo!

Question - does anyone else feel like they have to explain the Roswell characters and canon a bit more when they're doing a nano fic? It's kinduv weird when I think about that impulse - it's not like I'm really showing it to anyone who isn't in the Roswell fandom. But... well, possibly it starts with a vague feeling that I'm part of something bigger than roswell fandom, and so I should make it a bit more accessible.

Plus - explanations are always good for plenty of extra words!! :D
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

Well the fic I'm doing for nano starts up with Max coming out of his pod. So while the Roswell Audience may have an advantage. It's a natural starting point for any work of fiction so someone just coming in and reading it wouldn't feel completely lost as they go through. And I definately plan to keep it that way.