It's nano season again - who's writing a Roswell novel?

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Blue*Soul
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Blue*Soul »

Evelynn wrote:
Blue*Soul wrote:Hey, my fellow Nano'sters? :shock:

3, 297 baby!

But now I'm taking a much needed break :lol:

My fic is AU with Aliens and so venturing a little into new territory for me...
OOooooo.... you're going to let us read it, right?

Evelynn
Well I'm extremely optimistic that my characters won't turn out to be schizophrenic and that the plot won't sizzle into gloopy nothingness- so sure! :wink:

Shiesty23- Same here! 50, 000 is so far off right now.
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

Do I continue struggling on the orginal that seems to be going nowhere, mainly for the reason that I can't get a decent start to it, or should I turn to a good old fanfic as back up :? ? Any thoughts guys? lol I guess it's too early to be questioning my choice yet, although the 2000 words, most of which will be lost eventually I'm sure, would disagree I'm sure...*sigh*

HELP :(:(
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
When Love and Loss Collide
When Friendship and Love Combine - New!
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
I Knew Him Before (PB fic)
Love Always...
The First Time Around - New!
Blue*Soul
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Blue*Soul »

KatnotKath wrote:Do I continue struggling on the orginal that seems to be going nowhere, mainly for the reason that I can't get a decent start to it, or should I turn to a good old fanfic as back up :? ? Any thoughts guys? lol I guess it's too early to be questioning my choice yet, although the 2000 words, most of which will be lost eventually I'm sure, would disagree I'm sure...*sigh*

Is your fanfic going to be CC or AU? If it's AU it will prob be pretty much the same to what you're writing now apart from the character descriptions... I personally would try and write a brief plot summary, outline a beginning, middle and end... and see where that takes you...

I don't think i've been much help!
Chione
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Chione »

KatnotKath wrote:Do I continue struggling on the orginal that seems to be going nowhere, mainly for the reason that I can't get a decent start to it, or should I turn to a good old fanfic as back up :? ? Any thoughts guys? lol I guess it's too early to be questioning my choice yet, although the 2000 words, most of which will be lost eventually I'm sure, would disagree I'm sure...*sigh*

I gotta say, if you're honestly interested in being a writer, I would stick it out with the original. I know that for myself, at least, I am aiming for a career in writing novels. Fanfic is something I write to get practice with language and to just have fun with characters I already know and love.

But original work is so much harder for that very reason. If you really, really want to write something original, even eventaully, I would stick with the story you've got going. You don't even have to write it in order, if you're stuck where you are, imagine another scene, later, or before, or whatever, and write that. See where it takes you. Unfortunately, original work never gets easier to write. Even when you have an amazing idea, you know where you're taking it, and you have all the time in the world to write it, it'll still be a challenge. That's part of the fun.

Good luck with whatever you chose! And have fun, because really, why do Nano if you're not having fun (even in the midst of all this insanity)?
<center>My Stories
</center>
Shiesty23
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Shiesty23 »

I agree with Chione... :wink:

Stick it out my friend...it'll come to ya! :wink:

Hell, we'lll struggle together because I seem to be having one heck of a time getting my story rollin'... :(

By the way Roswell Heaven has a forum board totally decticated to NaNo this year. You can post what you're working on rather it be Roswell, other TV Shows or Orginal....for support and encouragement from fellow NaNo writers...as well as disscuss everything that is NaNo. :wink:

SHI
Evelynn
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Evelynn »

I'm so behind on the nano... :x :?
Blue*Soul
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Blue*Soul »

Evelynn wrote:I'm so behind on the nano... :x :?
Ditto!

Cause suddenly i got a life... :roll:
Evelynn
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Evelynn »

Blue*Soul wrote:
Ditto!

Yeah... I got one of those too... :roll:
Chione
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Chione »

Evelynn wrote:
Blue*Soul wrote:
Ditto!

Yeah... I got one of those too... :roll:

Ditto, except, not only has my life been revived spontaneously in the past week, I've gotten sick!!! Sick as in, can't focus on a computer screen or a piece of paper or a book or anything so I can't do anything!!!!

I think my current word count is, like, 4,000. And that's me being generous.

Uugh.
<center>My Stories
</center>
Evelynn
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Evelynn »

Yay!! Past the 10K mark!!

Evelynn